Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Madly Kenzo! Kenzo for women

Madly Kenzo! Kenzo for women
dislike

smoky
Madly Kenzo! Kenzo for women Pictures Madly Kenzo! Kenzo for women Pictures Madly Kenzo! Kenzo for women Pictures Madly Kenzo! Kenzo for women Pictures

Madly Kenzo! by Kenzo is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Madly Kenzo! was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Aurelien Guichard. Top notes are african orange flower and pink pepper; middle notes are incense, heliotrope and rose; base notes are musk, virginia cedar and vanille.

African Orange flower Pink Pepper

Incense Heliotrope Rose

Musk Virginia Cedar Vanille

Madly Kenzo! Fragrance Reviews

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

I find Kenzo Madly not very easy to pinpoint and quite intriguing. Upon spraying, I can smell fluffy orange blossom with a green tinge, powdery heliotrope and slightly mineral incense, but they're all quite abstract, and the overall effect reminds me of red bean paste which is very common in east asian desserts. At first I thought I was crazy, but got a little relieved when I found The Scented Salamander had a similar image. Maybe it's the woody aspect of incense combined with the sweetness that makes such effect. Arguably, Madly doesn't smell exactly like red bean paste, as it feels much less sweet and more refined. But it's the first image and the closest that I can relate to.

Afterwards, the red bean paste image fades away as Madly turns even more abstract with time, becoming a slightly powdery, fluffy heliotrope-vanilla while incense discreetly anchoring the whole scent. It feels very cozy while still retaining some edge. I found that some of the combinations of orange blossom, heliotrope and vanilla usually give off a marshmallow vibe and lean more towards gourmand. But in Madly, it feels cold, restrained and much less sweet, thanks to the mineral incense.

The sillage of Madly is moderate to soft, and the longevity is around 9 hours. Contrary to the colourful ad campaign, Madly feels very comforting and zen. Its restrained powdery vanilla drydown makes it very appropriate and consistent among Kenzo offerings, and its red bean paste association intrigues me. I think it's an interesting yet understated fragrance to try.

drikaquinze
drikaquinze

Well, I sprayed this scent on a paper, and it smelled weard - weard, but great.
I bought the 1oz bottle yesterday. When I tryed this on my skin, if smelled like baby powder all along. :(
Maybe Kenzo fragrances doesn't go with my body chemistry.

lipglossandabackpack
lipglossandabackpack

I received a sample that was labeled "Eau de Toilette" (I have a photo!) but it was clearly this formula. I know because after I sprayed it on my skin I panicked and rushed to Fragrantica to try to figure out what had just happened. If you've traveled the shores of the south-east Mediterranean you will be familiar with this smell: it's the smell of old men at the market. It smells of old sweaters that have soaked in the scent of hand-rolled cigarette smoke, incense and the various bulk spices sold by weight in the marketplace. After realizing that the scent was not as labeled I had to rush off to work, hoping that the scent would mellow out as the morning progressed. It did not. In fact, it remained such an unpleasant scent that I kept inviting coworkers over to my desk and asking them to smell me, as it was rather amusing to watch them recoil in horror. In the months since I tried Madly I've actually purchased Opium, which I think captures the same spirit but in a much more palatable way.

Tiwalii
Tiwalii

Kenzo Madly. Hmm... A strange fragrance indeed. It is both pleasant and a bit unpleasant at the same time. It is quite florally fresh, and still warm, spicy and smooth. There is something almost milky sweet about it, and it has a note that reminds me of candy. It feels like an oriental gourmand after it dries down. The unpleasant part is a strange and rather sharp bug spray-like note, and something quite medicinal, almost like cough syrup, which develops right after I have sprayed the perfume on. The really weird part is that the bug spray-note/cough syrup note does not always appear. I don't know what triggers it, sometimes the scent behaves like any other on my skin, and sometimes this hideous "bug" and "cough" shows up. I like it and I dislike it. It's complex and intriguing for sure. The name really fits this crazy juice. Strange little gem.

EmiliM
EmiliM

Interesting.
Interesting.
I'm still trying to figure this out.
Okay, it's smoky. Okay, it's sweet. Okay, it's also fresh. A fresh flowery sweetness covered in expensive powder.
Very original. And confusing. And definitely beautiful.
It's sort of bitter. And kind of smooth. And airy. And spicy. And purple.
Yes, this is a purple butterfly. But it also has something masculine in it. And powerful. It's a confusing purple cloud of angry butterflies.
Bitter cookies?
It's warm and cozy and spicy. But it's also icy cold.
Frozen flowers? Frozen cookies?
There's also a herbal tone to it.
Interesting. And confusing. And beautiful.
This is so beautiful. Madly beautiful.

Alexandre
Alexandre

Madly is super original, an excellent creation of Kenzo, made for people with personality ... It's quite shareable by having a strong presence of woods.
Remember honey, propolis, with many chillies and incense! The first spray can you feel the flamed peppers so spicy ...
It is as mysterious and enigmatic as Belle D'Opium YSL...

miss mills
miss mills

The love affair with Kenzo has begun for me, firstly after smelling Tag Flower (the edp version), then trying the lighter L'Eau Kenzo yesterday and now my sample of Madly Kenzo! edp. The addition of patchouli/incense to the edp versions, is this a Kenzo thing? Cos if so, it agrees with my nose and skin! Yummo! A spiced up gourmand, with orange, peppercorn and vanilla feature heavily throughout in this one on me but the incense-patchouli vibe is what I'm really after and hanging out for to kick in, like the hippy perfume seeking junky that I seem to be. And when it does kick into the mix, it is the gorgeous woodsy glue that binds the rest of the gang to this sexily scented club. This doesn't last as long on my skin as if like but I'll try a heavier handed spray today and see if that changes things. I don't looove this like I do the Flower Tag edp but it is definitely very sexy and wearable, a fruity, spicy sweet ole good time.

amber832
amber832

I usually enjoy Kenzo fragrances and this one was gifted to me. Madly is a bit too heavy and oriental for my liking. It's not really my taste, but I'm pretty sure those who like spicey fragrances will enjoy it.

st3vy
st3vy

the incense notes is all I can smell.. not my piece :(

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Not for me. I like incense but this is not a good one. It's stuffy and pungent with no balance of elements or depth. It's just horrible on my skin.

Patricia84
Patricia84

I've been wearing it for less than a week and I've already got plenty of compliments. Everyone says it smells really nice but it's a weird scent. I totally agree, the name is so fitting!

lvscents
lvscents

Anyone really love the smell of washing that has been hung out to dry on a summer's day? Clean, fresh and comforting? Climbing into a newly changed bed with softly scented sheets? Or the comforting, erotic smell of a lover's neck?
This is Madly for me. A warm, scented snuggly blanket.
It stays close to the body and lasts for a good few hours.
I agree with Eirlys, Madly would suit men or women. Think I might just go and find my man to test this out on right now!

Eirlys
Eirlys

I feel like this fragrance should be unisex. At the first spray I can only smell incense, the nice kind of incense though, like the one you wouldn't mind smelling when stepping inside a room. On the skin however, it's kinda weird.

After 5-10 minutes, the incense smell dries down and I'm left with a much softer scent. I can't detect any floral notes in Madly Kenzo though, but that's probably because of the overpowering incense and musk. This scent is nice, I feel like men could use it too because it's a bit masculine to me. The longevity is amazing, actually. After I have taken a shower, I can still smell this on my skin.

When it comes to Kenzo, my experience is that I either love the perfume (Amor I Love U, Coleur Pink) or I can't stand it (FlowerbyKenzo, Coleur Yellow). Madly Kenzo is kinda in between for me, which is a first!

It's not the best scent in the world, but in my opinion it's not one of the worst. It's okay, I could see myself use this once a month maybe? But definitely not a re-purchase. I don't think I can even finish the bottle any time soon, but I would love for my room to smell like this.

This is actually a smell. Very musky and smoky. Smells like cheap candles or some medicine. I can't stand this incense which makes the most of this perfume. Too masculine for my taste too.
I also don't think this lovely advertising poster is suitable for that kind of dark and heavy scent.
Madly annoying.

Jellybean
Jellybean

It's sweet-vanilla-floral-incense combination.
Sweet and happy at times, then more intense with incense and amber. Vanilla is listed here but that's more of an amber note to my nose.
Madly, ha? It definitely does have its moods.
It warms up on my skin and amber-incense duo overpower everything.
If you like those two with a hint of sweetness than check this scent out.

Madly Kenzo smells like.. really strange candy. The incense is pretty mild. Not weak, just soft. I think it might be myrrh? I'm getting that bittersweet impression.
But no, I would not call Madly Kenzo smoky. It is all about heliotrope, pink pepper, sweet myrrh (?) and cedar. The vanilla is not particularly strong to me, but heliotrope does have a vanilla-like smell to it.
I would say it errs on the woodier side. More so than most female fragrances. It is a unique addition to the Kenzo line. It does not remind me of any other heliotrope fragrance I have tried.. and they are often disappointingly similar.

ErinBerry
ErinBerry

Well, to be honest, it smells like wet cardboard to me when you spray it on.

However, once it dries a bit it's okay. Kind of a light incense note mixed with some non-specific florals. I really can't make out the heliotrope, which means it's not real heliotrope, because that scent drives me CRAZY so I can detect it very well :)

Oh well, could have been better, but not bad. Also I'm smelling this kinda soapy quality to it....think if they used better ingredients it would have been good!

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

J'ai trouvé ce parfum très ennuyeux.
Atone. Silencieux. Commun et interchangeable avec ce qui se fait actuellement. Il tourne très vite en rond.
Un côté "parfum gourmand" très à la mode en ce moment mais inachevé (largement inachevé).
Je ne parviens pas à le comprendre.
Il semble oscillé entre parfum gourmand, parfum oriental, parfum fruité. A trop vouloir courtiser sur tous les fronts moi je dis non !!! On perd son âme en se dispersant.
Dommage parce que ma peau le supporte très bien mais je m'ennuie très vite. Je ne voyage pas avec les notes qui le composent. Il ne me conduis pas au pays des rêves comme beaucoup d'autres parfums le font.
Il fait même "cheap", bâclé.
Désolé si je suis dure mais on ne peut pas être d'accord sur tous les parfums qui sortent surtout lorsque l'on sent qu'ils (les parfums) surfent sur la vague marketing de l'industrie cosmétique.
En tout cas c'est l'impression que j'ai en sentant Madly de Kenzo.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

This was an impulse buy, but I have no regrets. To me, it's very unique and slightly paradoxal, as I think of it as both fresh and warm, feminine and masculine.

The incense is lovely and pronounced, but I wouldn't describe Madly as your typical smoky or oriental scent, it's more youthful than other perfumes that carry that note. It does not smell like the inside of a New Age shop filled with exoteric paraphernalia.

The florals and the vanilla are nicely balanced. It's sweet, but not in an obnoxiously girly way. The longevity isn't bad, but the sillage weakens considerably.

meugie
meugie

When I tryed my sample in forearm, I felt an explosion of scents I couldn't indentify.
In two minutes I'd got a terrible headache, but anyway I could smell pepper-y musky heliotropes. But they "sound" fakes, artifitials.
Later, scent was gone (fortunatelly), but headache was still going on.
I had two more samples and decided wait few days to try again. The same happened.
Third sample was given to a friend.
With all respect, this fragrance didn't work for me.

AgataScheffers
AgataScheffers

I just love this one! I'm not an expert but it's just different from other perfumes, it's spicy and lovely. The only problem is that it doesn't stay very long on me!

IsabelAlice
IsabelAlice

The most delicious shampoo-smell perfume whatsoever.
And that is a compliment.

Delicate powdery tender incense, well-done heliotrope and the Kenzo Vanilla Signature. Happy and uplifting without being dull.

Try it. It's worth it.

dimplesg
dimplesg

Out of curiousity, I tried this today along with a few more perfumes. On my journey home I could smell a really annoying, sickly, overpowering smell which eventually I found out was this perfume. Don't get me wrong, I do like strong perfumes (and light ones too!), but there is an ingredient in this scent that I find very nauseous. I'm not very keen on pink pepper, therefore I think it is the pink pepper combined with another ingredient. This does not work with my chemistry at all.

smellycat12
smellycat12

I find this so uplifting, It is my favourite of the few perfumes I own. I can see how others would dislike it though, but I appreciate its strength. I don't fink it too masculine, it does lack a lot of the sweetness of some women's perfumes though, but there are refreshing fruity notes, and I love love love peppery perfumes!
It is also the only perfume I have worn regularly that I have not got bored of!

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

This perfume is the young sister of John Galliano EDP .
Gothic and erotic , this is how I can describe the smell of it .
I can smell red pepper , incense , vanilla and Virginia Cedar . The mix of those 4 principal notes make a wonderful fragrance . It's sexy and modern .
Medium sillage and longevity .

judeaqua
judeaqua

This one is a superior quality scent. I just can't stop smelling it off the paper strip. Although I find it a bit masculine at first thought due to its peppery, incensy, spicy, stong balsamic nature, it does have a bite that lends it a rich, gourmand, succulent quality ! I find it similar to other scents like Lancome Miracle and Si D Lolita Lempicka in its peppery incensey succulent texture. Quite a complex scent, and has a lot going on, has a bit of everything, and surely trying to analyse it is total madness ! Just stand back, breathing in is good, but breathe out is unforgettable... loving it already !

gazgreen
gazgreen

Take lancome miracle, throw in more pepper, more musk, more balm, more animalic notes, more (good quality) Balsam and viola ! You have Madly Kenzo.

jivaswood

I absolutely hate this perfume. There is something about it that doesn't match, it doesn't flow. An oriental floral, just oriental for my nose,it fails to impress. Is it innovative? Not a bit, smells propolis cast with gross incense burning, which is not pleasant. On my skin became something unpleasant, cloying and annoying. My head was aching, my nose was asking for help and I had to tolerate it for 5 hours. All at the highest level of laziness and poor quality. Missing this scent strength, personality, character. If you want something different from other women perfumes and nothing sweetish, try Eau des Merveilles (HERMÈS). I know, there are those who love, always there, but it's not my case. You can try and use this perfume, but please stay away from me. That's a confused perfume, it's nothing provocative or interesting and that's nothing that I could call madly, only boring.

Scent:

0/ 5*

Bottle:

1*/5*

ren
ren

It is kind of masculine but that is what makes it different to all those musky, candy perfumes...At first sniff I thought it was vanilla nothing special, then when I went to buy it after several paper strips were given to me, I loved the Cedar in it!! I fell in love and here I am! I use it to go out a lot..people compliment me all the time and my sister said that a night she could smell my perfume on her clothing Ha! Maybe I put on too much! I highly recommend it!!! Thumbs up!!!!

chinna
chinna

very masculine for my taste

ninelives97
ninelives97

I like this. It's somehow soft and peppery, creamy and floral at the same time. Plus even though it has heliotrope, it doesn't turn to play doh on me like Kenzo Amour does. It's very unique, but I'd still call it an oriental... Just really different from most. A good day time scent. Clean and cozy.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

finally something innovative on the perfume market. love at first spritz, bought it right away. the pink pepper blast with the sultry sweet aroma of orangeflower is tempting the nose like some sort of cinnamon and sweet chai tea. it stays peppery sweet from top to bottom, but not at all cloying heavy sweet, because the intense incense with just a hint of vanilla aroma and a velvety rose gives it that very oriental edge while it smells well grounded with that creamy heliotrope and woods at the base. a really solid construction of a perfume for strong and confident woman. love it... people who don t get that amazing scent maybe have the wrong skinchemiszry. on me it lasts for hours with a close sillage.
to me this is a darker version of marc jacobs lola perfume.

Sup3rnal
Sup3rnal

Interesting, but not for me.

I tried it on from a sample spray vial and regretted it immediately. Not that it is not nice, but it is not me. Too strong, too heady, and it feels like I'm trying too hard.

At first sniff, it's floral and musky, but towards the drydown it becomes more powdery and smoky. Reminds me of having cigarette smoke stuck on my clothes, only more pleasant.

I see a agressive sort of woman wearing this. Someone sporty and not afraid to fight back. Someone bold and outspoken. A person like me, laid-back and whom prefers to observe rather than put myself out there, would not feel very comfortable wearing this, I feel. It's like wearing someone else's skin.

It's lasting (sadly, for me) and everytime I get a whiff of it, it knocks me off my feet. So in terms of strength, it's pretty good. But otherwise, not for me.

fdmc
fdmc

It smells like spring.
A fruity floral fragrance for women with happy young spirit.
Bold, sweet, cheerful, feminine and alluring.
For me the best perfume Kenzo.
It is a remarkable fragrance that lasts all day. Your smell is totally different than all the perfumes I ever had, to me that makes him a very special fragrance.
Perfect for all occasions.
I am eager to have it in my collection.

Aysu
Aysu

Unique, oriental, original.. Love at first sniff. Happy to meet such an original creation (so surprising recently!!) Balmy, smoky, smoke mixed with vanilla tones (gives a similar impression of Amour Le Parfum) African orange flower is felt at the beginning very strong, and all those oriental notes are blended with citrusy tones so well and it prevents this creation to become a choking smoky oriental.
Spice I felt most is cinnamon in this. Maybe heliotrope&incense&vanilla combo give this impression. This definitely has Kenzo signature, incense&powder.
Review is for EDP, I found EDT less impressive, but it deserves one more proper try..

jivaswood

I agree with you, @istateistate. That's pure PROPOLIS. How would I like it? I can't. I really detest this scent. The bottle is terrible to keep on the hands.

Scent:

0/ 5*

Bottle:

1*/5*

Skye Wortley
Skye Wortley

A gorgeous scent! Very balmy and oriental, it is also mysterious and quite spicy. I can smell pink pepper and incense. i love it on my skin, i feel quite nice wearing it!
It is a lovely fragrance! :)

sharon.ramsey.900
sharon.ramsey.900

gorgeous unusual scent

dioradddict
dioradddict

the impression i´ve had of madly edp on my skin was: Colors of Benetton!

kai.laidla
kai.laidla

The very first time I smelled it I couldn't understand it and it didn't impress me much. It seems to be fragrance with what You have to get used to or You have to "get to know it better". Overall quite interesting fragrance.
On me it's delicate but has this something, what makes You and others around You excited. Flirtatious.
After an hour reminds me of Juicy Fruit and I loved Juicy Fruit chewing gum in childhood.

istateistate
istateistate

This has the EXACT SMELL of propolis, and I really mean the EXACT smell. Pleasent honey based fragrance.

bubbles
bubbles

This scent is really close to UFO, but UFO has a warmness to it that madly doesn't have. I smell no bubblegum or fruitiness in this scent! I'm guessing people are mixing this one up with edt, because the edt is fruity, nothing like the perfume version. Remember if your trying to tell the difference between the two, edp is in the purple bottle & the edt is in the pink bottle! Anyways, this is a very nice scent! If u can't afford the UFO, give this a try @ a quarter of the price!

LostLiquor
LostLiquor

First I have to say that I LOVE this fragrance. My mum got my bottle in France, when it was still limited to Swiss and France. So of course I was so delighted when Kenzo announced that it would be available in Germany, too.

But a few days ago I sprayed the german version on my wrist and was shocked. It smelled completly different, there was a weird note of bubblegum in the beginning which I didn't like at all. After a while, the Madly kenzo that I know and love came through, but still, it wasn't the same scent. I tried it a few times now, in different stores, but still. The fragrance is way weaker and has this strange smell of bubblegum.
So does anyone now if they changed the recipe or anything for the european launch, because I'm a bit devasted...?

elizabethB
elizabethB

I really like this one. The rare thing was that I didn't notice any change since the first spray until the drydown. Maybe my nose it's too "amateur" yet, only thing I detect it's spices, but i'm fine with that! (Sorry if I wrote something wrong, english it's not my first language)

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is an interesting release in that at least, it attempts to meet the niche-mainstream gap by going with the niche eastern trend at a mainstream price. Unfortunately, I find it a fairly weak incense lacking character which should and could have been much punchier from this house.

ankaa
ankaa

Why in some countries you can't buy EDP?? I don't want EDT and I can't buy EDP? >;-(

Pourquoi je ne peut pas acheter EDP? Chez moi dans Sephora il y a EDT seulement! C'est injuste!

aysint
aysint

Great floral/oriental/woody scent, I definitely love it. However its bottle design is so ordinary.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

Madly Kenzo is typically Kenzo; an unusual fragrance that, on first sniff, is not immediately agreeable.
I tested it three times before I made up my mind about it.

The first impression I get is that I do not like the mix of rose, blanched almonds and soap.
But the fragrance settles quickly and I can smell warm, sunny, and slightly bitter aromas of orange flower and sweet heliotrop.
As the fragrance develops the initial strange accord of almond and soap returns but, like a whisper, it remains in the background.
The drydown is not much different, the musky notes are just more prominent.

Madly Kenzo EDP lasts for around 5 hours on my skin; the sillage is average and does not annoy the people around me.

All in all, I would describe Madly Kenzo EDP as a floriental for starters; it is flowery and sweet, warm and powdery.
At the same time it is quite modern but does not fall into the 'agreeable mainstream' category.
It is for sure a fragrance that is consciously chosen!

But because of that special accord I strongly recommend you test the fragrance before you buy it.

nicenspice
nicenspice

I find this fragrance very comforting and nostalgic.It has a 1970s feel about it.
The overriding notes are pepper,pine and heliotrope.I smell no incense at all.It has a soapiness to it which made me think I would find aldehydes in the list of notes,but no.I think it must be the combination of pine and floral notes that creates that effect.However,if you like aldehydes such as Chanel no19 or Rive Gauche ( to name but two) you will probably like this too.
Pretty good sillage and longevity.
A winner for me.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This was a very dry incense scent, almost entirely incense on my skin. There's a bit of woody cedar in the background and a very slight dusting of heliotrope which gives a hint of powderiness with none of the sweetness.
Too pure an incense scent for my tastes, but I think this would be an amazing scent for incense lovers in hot weather. My boyfriend thought it would be great for the beach and I actually have to agree. Quite persistent too, with nice sillage, which I wasn't expecting. A good scent, but I thought there would be more to it from the pyramid.

SRose
SRose

Wore this several times over a cple of weeks and I absolutely love it. It does have an "incense" quality to it but it's subtle and lasts forever on my skin.

antonpan
antonpan

This one is quite weird scent, though still one of the best that I've smelled recently. Madly is a typical Kenzo - powdery, but now it is powdery in an unsweet and mature way. I can't describe the fragrance to the notes, but I feel a woody peppery musky dry down on a powdery background. Madly is done in Japanese style and, yes, it has something masculine inside. Good work, Aurelien!

passionata20
passionata20

15. august 2012

I have tested it sevral times on my skin and i must say that this is one of the few Kenzos that i really like. To me this is a strict and cold fragrance. A lot of incence and pepper. A lot of musk as well and woodsy notes. That keeps you calm but is very energetic at the same time. It is quite powerful, lasts for about 6 hours on my skin and has a good sillage at the beginning, later turns into softer scent. I can´t feel that it is changing over the time, but this is sometimes very good and that´s what i like in this particular fragrance. I have a fragrance in my collection that smells quite the same, but much softer and weaker: "Di Romeo Gigli" by Gigli. I swear, i can smell the same pepper note, the same cold fragrance, but "Madly" is much better for my taste. Usually i don´t like the notes of oranges in perfumes but here this is just in right composition so it doesn´t disturb me at all.
I would really love to have it in my collection.
A HUGE "LIKE" FROM ME!

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

Madly is really a cross between FlowerbyKenzo and KenzoAmour, you get the musk from the 1st and the vanilla-ish notes of the 2nd. Like most Kenzo fragrances it's very powdery. I really like it, but it lacks projection and longevity. It does do better on fabric than on my skin though.

I don't think it's doing very well sales-wise as it was overshadowed by FlowerTag which was launched just 3 months earlier (quite a hit with teens in France)... I think Tag was just intended to be a flanker but became rather a big launch after all, to Madly dismay. Kenzo is now quickly coming out with a new "pink" edt version of Madly to save the franchise.

persefonex
persefonex

I love Kenzo parfums. This is not of my favorites. But is not a bad fragrance. In fact, my husband goes insane every time i use it. I think that is a perfum for evening or night time. For cold season. I'm agree with people that says is wood and vanilla. One touch of incense. I don`t feel spices in it. Spices there are in Shiseido Feminite du Bois; maybe in Kenzo Vintage.

Loabud
Loabud

I don't think this perfume is horrible like other people. I can feel only cinnamon (probably a mixture of incense and vanilla) and cedar, nothing more.
This haven't a super strong smell (as Kenzo Jungle) is usable for many different occasions, but does not smell sophisticated.
It is a good perfume, but I'll not buy it. For the price, I expected something more elaborate and sophisticated, especially being a Kenzo.

Anna Carina
Anna Carina

Esse perfume é maravilhoso... traz lembranças de uma primavera cheia de cor e ventos =)
O agradável cheiro de pimenta nos remete à sensualidade escondida atrás da meninice do resto da fragância!

Mama.doll
Mama.doll

This truly is an Amazing Unique Fragrance, You want something different...this is a big must!!!...When I first sprayed it on my skin it was like Wow!!...alittle too spicy...then once it settled I could smell the fresh orange.. pink pepper and a tinge of musk...I absolutely love it...to me it's fresh unique and amazing...and mark my word...you will get tons of compliaments...

atv315
atv315

Such a BIZARRE scent. I don't mean in the Hermes Jardins sur le Nil/Méditerranée kind of bizarre...I mean, it is really revolting to me. Not trying to be mean...we all smell things differently obviously but I was shocked that Kenzo was behind this scent...they tend to be subtle and unique yet appeal to the masses and this perfume does not give me any of that personally.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

I really, really don't get the negative comments saying this is the worst release in 2011. Come on, that's not true. I really like it. It's a warm, spicy perfume. It lasts some hours and it smells amazing.

I get creamy vanilla with the heliotrope and pepper!

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

This one got me lifting my eyebrows. Did I put anything on? I can barely smell anything, and what I do smell leaves me totally unimpressed. Very common and uniteresting.

misselise84
misselise84

To bad most people don't like this fragrance. Maybe it's because the warmth of the perfume is not going with most people's skinscent. But on my skin..... wow!! It is warm, soft, sensual, powdery and even a little bit cool. I really love it especialy because I didn't expect anything from a perfume by Kenzo. Most of the perfumes are to sweet/green and that's not going well with my skin. So it's a sweet surprise!! Btw It's lasting for hours and hours :)

louritasilk
louritasilk

I tested this one on a paper. My life went on as if nothing had happened...

Sensoria
Sensoria

I can't imagine me wearing this perfume, it has a weird note in it. I think the incense is the one and it remembers me of walking into a church. The drydown is much better but not so that I want to purchase it.
For me a perfume has to smell nice from top , middle notes to the drydown. In the past I tried Feminite du Bois from Shiseido, there's some simularity I think.

This scent doesn't fit the butterflies and flowers on the package I think, they give you the impression of a much lighter, flowery scent.

Cool bottle, with a not so cool scent. This fragrance is quite possibly the worst release of 2011 in my opinion.

Synthetic is a word that springs to mind automatically after smelling Madly Kenzo. I find it to be a mish-mash of strange, unfriendly notes lacking the quality and ease that most Kenzo fragrances possess. Plasticky and odd sums up this composition perfectly for me.

I'm not usually the type of person to down a fragrance upon a first testing, but it's difficult to see how my opinions could possibly differ, let alone how I could possibly face wearing this fragrance again. I really find it hard to stomach.

The drydown was my only relief, being an airy blend of musky woods and heliotrope. Nothing to rave about of course, but certainly better than the top notes. The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am in Kenzo for having approved this.

Madly Kenzo thankfully doesn't project too well, nor lasts any more than a few short hours. I was quite glad to be free of the scent by the conclusion of my testing, and I can't say I'll be all too forgiving if this fragrance sells well this year.

Emeraude
Emeraude

recibí esta fragancia de regalo el sábado pasado. Ese día era muy caluroso aquí en Argentina,de modo que este perfume me pareció muy fuerte al principio. Luego de algunas horas lo fuí aceptando mejor...los días siguientes fueron más frescos(estamos en primavera y el tiempo es muy variable)...y continué usando Madly,realmente cada día me gusta más...es casi una adicción lo que me provoca esta fragancia,me encanta,es muy distinta a todas las que conozco...like it,nice,not boring,different,long lasting...

I thought this sounded interesting regarding the notes, but I found it very boring and even harsh when I tested it today. It reminded me of turpentine.

margien
margien

It is something different indeed, and I admire that, but it is not appealing to me. Not soft at all, instead quite pungent, strong.
It reminds me of a overwhelming perfume I had a long time ago, still can't remember which one. Although I love orange blossom and vanilla, I cannot recognize them. There is another overwhelming, balsamic ingrediënt, that is quite harsh here. Perhaps the pepper, but then it is not as soft as the pepper in Apparition from Ungaro. I guess it must be the incense in combination with the rest (because there are many perfumes with incense that I love).

LaPetite
LaPetite

Too weak and boring ! Staying power is bad , there is not much more to say , sorry ... :-/

chowchow41
chowchow41

I had a chance to test it, it was really soft. I could not smell much, it was sweet, i could not notice the incense. I was on my skin more of a skinscent. I was disappointed because i thought considering the notes it would be noticable. But no not on my skin.

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

The versatile fragrance with a little bit of everything - oriental / flora/ gourmand /powder.
Not too strong, not too weak.
It stands out in its own subtle way.

melia
melia

A peppery creamy fragrance. If you like spices, try it :) This is all I can say now, will need to try it again to make this review more detailled. The bottle is really nice by the way!

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

So very similar to Twilight (SJP) but better!

ritacatita
ritacatita

It starts invigorating, spicy (little bit) and gourmand due to the orange flower and pink pepper, then goes to a powdery (incense) floral bouquet and then stays gently warm, softly woody and a little bit sweet due to the combination cedar, musk and vanilla. A so, so good soft skin scent - the number of sprits also have something to say regarding “softness”...

twillocks
twillocks

I want it!!! where is it!!! I need it!!
I found it on ebay!!!! Yeah

Madly Kenzo! by Kenzo 3.31 out of 5 based on 398 ratings and 75 user reviews

Madly Kenzo Perfume by Kenzo, 2.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
MADLY KENZO for WOMEN by Kenzo EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.7 OZ
MADLY KENZO for WOMEN by Kenzo EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.7 OZ
Gift Set 2.7oz
Madly Kenzo Gift Set by Kenzo Gift Set for Women Includes 2.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 1.7 oz Body Milk Fashion Pouch
Gift Set 3.4oz
Madly Kenzo Gift Set by Kenzo Gift Set for Women Includes 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray 1.7 oz Body Lotion
MADLY KENZO for WOMEN by Kenzo SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ ILUMINATING POWDER FOR FACE .35 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Madly Kenzo! fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Madly Kenzo!, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Madly Kenzo! by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Madly Kenzo! by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.