Designers » I-K » Oriental Floral « Groups

Madly Kenzo Oud Collection Kenzo for women

Madly Kenzo Oud Collection Kenzo for women
dislike

oud
Madly Kenzo Oud Collection Kenzo for women Pictures Madly Kenzo Oud Collection Kenzo for women Pictures

Madly Kenzo Oud Collection by Kenzo is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Madly Kenzo Oud Collection was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Alberto Morillas. Top notes are pink pepper and saffron; middle notes are agarwood (oud), rose and heliotrope; base notes are patchouli, vanilla, leather and amber.

Pink Pepper Saffron

Agarwood (Oud) Rose Heliotrope

Patchouli Vanilla Leather Amber

Madly Kenzo Oud Collection Fragrance Reviews

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I must congratulate Kenzo on a beautiful oud-rose creation. Not terribly unique in the world of Arabians, but a lovely departure for the brand. :D

On me this is not sweet AT ALL - faintly sweet on my sister - and oud is the most predominate note. For those who have not smelled it yet, the attractive and very unisex Oud Pour Lui by Alyssa Ashley is a similar style fragrance. Not identical, but certainly with similar DNA, and an excellent value.

Kenzo's Rose will also be perceived as unisex by some, including me. It is more middle eastern than it is department store, for sure!

Enjoyable. :D

Sarcastica
Sarcastica

I love Madly Eau de Parfum and was very curious to try the Oud version, so I ordered a few sample vials and patiently waited.

Wow! This hit me like a ton of bricks, in the most positive way. It made my eyes roll and I literally swooned for a moment, a reaction I only ever experienced the first time I smelled Python by Trussardi, Hypnotic Poison by Dior and Sicily by Dolce & Gabbana.

I'm not one to describe the different notes and components of the juice, my nose is not that sophisticated or educated, but I can describe the vision it gives me. A woman, the embodiment of ancient femininity, mystery, allure, danger, wisdom, magic. Her hair is infused with the smoke of fragrant woods, her skin soft with rare oils.

This is what Melisandre from Game of Thrones smells like.

I'm stocking up immediately.

ptilda
ptilda

So based on my notes from when I had the sample:

This is absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous to my nose. It is a dark, woody, spicy, rosy scent without sweetness, but with loads of femininity. To my leather-seeking nose, the leather is just barely there, but seems a vital part of the overall composition.

I actually feel as if this could be the single most important perfume in my wardrobe if I can ever get a bottle!

pattyk

The perfumes on the left are nothing like this fragrance. Maybe they might want to be like Madly Kenzo Oud....but they are not. I have them all. Sorry, they cannot compete, no competition, better luck next time.

pattyk

I bought this wonderful perfume off the comments of Fragrantica.com. A very worthy buy and it's just as "StellaXYH" describes. I am getting the amber, incense,oud,a flowery note not yet named with vanilla. I sprayed it twice in one place. Will give an update tomorrow. So far, awesome! It certainly has depth and I keep getting the scent as I move about. See you tomorrow.....more to come.

update:
This isn't tomorrow but now I know what that deep to the heart note is.....the oud! It becomes part of you, so deep so earthy so intense but ever so feminine, so "here I am". I also feel the vanilla surrounding the Oud and they become partners in fragrance. Knock Knock, yes, it's a slight leather and amber union surrounding the smallest note of Rose. Haven't met the pink pepper yet....update tomorrow.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Upon spraying Kenzo Madly Oud Collection, I can smell a jammy rose blast. However, on the skin, the rose is not that prominent. It's melt into the clean oud note.

The heliotrope, vanilla and incense combination of the original Madly is still there. But the chilly aspect of unburnt incense is replaced by oud and amber, which makes the fragrance warmer and deeper. The oud in here is quite clean and relatively friendly, and the overall effect is still relatively bright compared to some more hardcore oud fragrances.

Madly Oud turns into a creamy amber-vanilla as the oud slowly tunes down with time. The spices are minimal throughout.

Although I don't find the rose too prominent in general, it can become quite intense if I spray two times on a same spot. Since the oud is relatively clean, along with the intense rose, it can be a bit cloying if I'm not careful with the application.

The sillage is moderate on me, and the longevity is around 10 hours. I actually think that Madly is a clever choice as an oud release among Kenzo offerings. Here the combination of clean oud and vanilla is quite enjoyable, although they could have made other more interesting twists. A friendly western oud offering, nontheless.

llburris
llburris

I can only find this in spray samples. I have bought up quite a few of them so that I can wear this at least on special occasions :o) I loooooove this scent. So deep. I couldn't keep my nose away from my hand when I sprayed the back of it first try. It was kind of like the way I was with Kenzo L'Elephant. I love them both. However, I had a much more giddy reaction to L'Elephant. This is just scrumptious.

malinkin
malinkin

This is such an amazing creation by Kenzo!
Very deep oud fragrance, with lots of additional subtle shades!
Pink pepper gives it alluring spicy note, which is unbelievably beautiful.
I think it's a very strong competitor to niche perfumes.

Muznabutt
Muznabutt

Just got this in Dubai....wow! such a beautiful composition of oud and vanilla! throws the notes around the whole room letting people know you are there! lasts for ages...8 hours plus! if you like oud...you will love this...its one of the best western oud perfumes i have...

Bodda89
Bodda89

This is perfect unisex fragrance it's all about oud vanilla and amber the rest of the notes are backup players to balance up the fragrance i think they marketed it towards women to keep on the design of the madly line bottles.

zakkarah
zakkarah

This is an absolute delight! Bought it at Heathrow and it works perfectly on a guy as well! It has a modest amount of rose whick is a plus in my book as ouds usually comes with a heavy and overwhealming amount of rose. It is seductive and has granted me a lot of positive comments!

Matz Ridderstrom
Stockholm

Elen70
Elen70

Where is it avialable? Bottle is beautiful and the notes also....

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A new and wonderful piece by Kenzo. Sensual, classy and mature.

Love the bottle!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Madly Kenzo Oud Collection fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Kenzo Madly Kenzo Oud Collection, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Madly Kenzo Oud Collection by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Madly Kenzo Oud Collection by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.