Designers » I-K » Floral « Groups

Parfum d`Ete Kenzo for women

Parfum d`Ete Kenzo for women
dislike

yellow floral
Parfum d`Ete Kenzo for women Pictures Parfum d`Ete Kenzo for women Pictures Parfum d`Ete Kenzo for women Pictures Parfum d`Ete Kenzo for women Pictures Parfum d`Ete Kenzo for women Pictures Parfum d`Ete Kenzo for women Pictures Parfum d`Ete Kenzo for women Pictures Parfum d`Ete Kenzo for women Pictures Parfum d`Ete Kenzo for women Pictures Parfum d`Ete Kenzo for women Pictures Parfum d`Ete Kenzo for women Pictures Parfum d`Ete Kenzo for women Pictures

Parfum d`Ete by Kenzo is a Floral fragrance for women. Parfum d`Ete was launched in 1992. The nose behind this fragrance is Christian Mathieu. Top notes are mahogany, green leaves, peach and hiacynth; middle notes are peony, cyclamen, freesia, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, rose and narcissus; base notes are iris, sandalwood, amber, musk, oakmoss and cedar.

Mahogany Green Leaves Peach Hiacynth

Peony Cyclamen Freesia Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Narcissus

iris Sandalwood Amber Musk Oakmoss Cedar

Kenzo Parfum D'Ete

Parfum d`Ete Fragrance Reviews

CozyCat
CozyCat

I was given a mini of this awhile back, it was the original version, and UGH I ADORED it!!! so fresh, dewy, green and clean with a damp mossiness to it and a coy, yet luscious white floral sweetness that makes it smell so feminine, innocent and rounded. I went to store and they only had the new reformulation for sale. They had no tester, so I had to purchase it blind. When I got back home and tried it, I wanted to hurl! It was so coarse, shallow, dry and flat in comparison to the lush dewiness of my mini, simply like mowed grass, nothing more. So I went and returned it the next day. The old version was so beautiful, the clean, lush, nostalgic vibe I got from it reminded me of another discontinued favorite, Oceanus perfume oil from The Body Shop.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Heavy suffocating stuff, a bomb of extremes, can't see someone liking it.

mystica
mystica

That leaf shaped glass bottle is unforgettable... Such a typical 1990s fragrance, Parfum d'ete was amongst the perfumes in my mother's tiny wardrobe, tiny as to most Fragranticans here including myself...

A very fresh, sweet, watery and green fragrance which was always too sparkling and sharp to my tastes, I even found it cloying.

I guess we don't change much with time, at least my relationship with aqueous florals doesn't prove otherwise.

But really, kudos to all aqueous florals of 1990s, they were really distinct and -sometimes quite big- in comparison to the modern scents reflecting the sugar/candy hype.

omega_wdc
omega_wdc

I love the bottle and the smell is quite nice. I like the blend of aldehyde and peony, with hints of hyacinth. Unfortunately, there is a very strong note of lily-of-the-valley that I pick up, making what could have been an extraordinary fragrance only nice.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Wonderfully familiar scent....... Highly likable:)
White floral and musk to my nose mainly: jasmine, Lilly of the valley, peony and musk. I notice how green notes are rated as top notes, however I find it in very small amounts. This is primarily warm, lotion like/creamy fragrance. Huggable and comforting. It's excellent for anytime wear really.
If you like something along the lines of cashmere mist by DK, then this one is a must try
Its a definite keeper!
This was on my want list for a longest time and thanks to the excellent swap with RkrChk , now I have this lovely gem in my collection :)

Scentmad
Scentmad

Unremarkable. A little like CK Eternity. Recognisable but utterly forgettable. I will try it a few times but on me it's a little meh

Elmyra
Elmyra

My first expensive perfume, when i was 15... Never again found it. In SA the choice is seriously limited, only popular sells, and mainstream, whatever doesnt gets disontinued. They are so dumb.
But yeah, this is my first special fragrance and since then i have become a collector and perfume lover.
As for the fragrance - its absolutely exquisite.

greenelf
greenelf

I also have the old original and it is nearly empty now, alas. I still have several minis of the glass leaf bottle--(Kenzo's bottles are gorgeous!) For such a fresh, wet, green fragrance, I find it quite lasting and it does absolutely invoke summer for me. I also like Kenzo's original fragrance, in the round-ish bottle, altough that was a more sophisticated and dressy mood for me. I once sold a bottle of Kenzo's men's scent, the one in the black bottle shaped like a tree with a sculptural bark finish and the fresh, unisex quality, to Carly Simon when I worked for "Cosmetics Plus" in NYC back in the early 90's. I love his scents and his packaging--they are both very original and artistic! The closest thing I have found to Parfum D'ete, is Jennifer Lopez's "Love and Glamour"--although it is no where near as long lasting!

aletheaborealis
aletheaborealis

I tried an old pre-2000 bottle (the huge translucent glass leaf) and it smells absolutely lovely; like summer sunshine, fresh green and forest flowers bottled.

It opens with a jolt of crisp green notes then transitions to a photorealistic bunch of pale peonies, freshly picked and as gentle as a cloud. The woody, mossy base comes soon after and it's like running barefoot along a riverbank dotted with fragrant wildflowers, woodland mushrooms, full of innocent curiosity and giddy excitement, the soft damp mossy ground yielding to your nimble footsteps and your white gossamer dress trailing behind you.

I feel like a forest nymph whenever I spray this fragrance on. Parfum d'ete makes me feel like I'll never grow up and I'm so glad.

EDIT: Smelling the newer version, my first thought was that the basic character of these 2 versions are the same, except the newer reformulation lacks the mossy heart and soul the old one had (probably due to the elimination of oakmoss.) The top notes of both versions are similar but the old version grows and develops on your skin almost magically, the new one is bloodless and disappears when it fancies.

CaSentBeau
CaSentBeau

My husband gave me Kenzo d'Ete in an attempt to replace my beloved original Kenzo. Apparently a persistent sales assistant had convinced him that they were the same, which of course they were not. Kenzo d'Ete is a fresh and lovely green floral but since it could not replace my original Kenzo I never appreciated it and hardly ever used it. Many years later I gave it to my daughter when she wanted to start wearing perfume but she never really liked it either. Finally she broke the bottle on the bathroom floor and none of us thought of it as a big loss. This poor bottle of fine fragrance probably deserved a better life somewhere else...

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

This is pretty, but it's a little too clean and generic for me. There's too much "sweet" with the "soapy," and it just didn't sit right on my skin.

Berlynn
Berlynn

A very pretty peony fragrance! soft oakmoss, and mild fresh green notes. Very feminine and beautiful!

Amour, Michele
Amour, Michele

This was the first fragrance purchase for me. :-)

400blows
400blows

Because I love the bottle designs and love teh eponymous Kenzo, I tried Parfum d'Ete every time I had the chance, hoping it would reveal itself. Unfortunately the strongest impression I gained was always Chlorine as well as soap. I was reminded of an outdoor public swimming pool on a sunny day, not in an unpleasant way; it seemed this was very decidedly an outdoor summer fragrance. But why on earth have a soapy-smelling perfume when there's so much soap to be had? I prefer fragranceless vegetable oil soap so that the option is there to smell like something of choice rather than incidentally as a side-effect of having showered. How ironic not to smell of soap but then to buy a perfume in order to do so.

trueblue19
trueblue19

This is my mum's signature scent along with Samsara. I used to "steal" it when I was in school but could never wear it as beautifully as she did. It smells of dewy jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and iris on her, not fruity nor green, just pure sweet floral breeze after rain. The thick, heavy ground glass bottle itself is a piece of art, much better than the new cheapie one.

SelenaSerena
SelenaSerena

This is my signature for almost 20 years on and off. I am waiting for a new vintage opaque bottle to arrive. This is way more sophisticated than a new tansparent bottle of juice.

sands1974
sands1974

Beautiful. Calming. Reminds me, especially in the opening, of another favorite, Parfums de Rosine "Rose d'Ete" (a sort of green apple-y yellow rose). Treasure. Cherish. Ah perfume makes it easy to "wax lyrical" :)

The fragrance family this belongs to is:
1. Burberry Weekend
2. Fleur D'Interdit
3. Iceberg Twice
4. Kenzo Parfum D'Ete Vintage

lreidlinger
lreidlinger

I loved this perfume, light and fresh but sweet and classy at the same time without being cloying. I wish, wish, wish I could find a perfume like this again.

Anmo
Anmo

Herbwitch, you can try Iceberg Twice - it's cheap, greenery fresh, it really might evoke similar feeling to Parfum d'ete ... "Clean sweet flowers '' just as you said...
I have both of these fragrances. They are both distinct but overall somehow feels similar.

herbwitch

OK, I am now sad :( Picked up small bottle for the summer but want something easier to obtain. Can anyone recommend something that smells similar? I really love this.

herbwitch

Fresh, cool, youthful. Received a test sample with a purchase I made years ago. I keep them all in a sealed container in a dark cool closet. Going thru the testers and decided to try it. I love this. It is exactly what I was looking for. So light and clean and a little sweet. Little wifts of clean sweet flowers all day. Makes me feel like I am in my garden, even when I am not. For a light clean scent it really lasts, 6 hours and counting! This will be my summer day scent this year - as soon as i find it.

ElleSElle
ElleSElle

this georgeous parfum was my first ''real'' parfum long time ago!and from then still now I grow up my passion for parfums!i collect old botle of parfum

i really love this perfume it is so romantic

i really love this perfume it is so romantic

fifaatm
fifaatm

Just bought a 5 ml miniature of this perfume from an online shop.

I think i got an old, fermented miniature, since it's launched over than a decade ago, I was a mere young girl then.

Well, when I first opened the bottle, a whiff of very strong alcohol and old drawer hung in the air, this actually taken me aback. I rushed washing my hand. I almost hate this perfume. Maybe the unpleasant smell is because of it's been 'fermented'.

Then this afternoon I give a second chance for this infamous perfume. I already prepared my nose for that old alcoholic granny smell.
And waits..
As time goes, the actual smell revealed.

Sweet, fresh white flowers. Soapy, indeed.

I havent smell the drydown notes though. hope it'll be great too.

wind83
wind83

okay it is reminds me of OH Moschino.
But better Kenzo d ete. it is very beautiful scent for green lovers.

Very soaply, fresh scent.
but in my skin it is for just 4 hours.

saramariah
saramariah

WHY do they so often change the formula of perfumes that are a success?? I really dont get it! Make a New perfume instead! I LOVED this one and the changed version doesnt interest me at all!

nicki317
nicki317

I used to wear this in 1997 and bought it again last year. However, I was warned of the formula change and was able to get a bottle of the original on ebay. It still smells great. And although this is more green and less sweet than what I usually go for, I just love it. It smells fresh and sexy. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. I just hope I can find the original formula again when I run out.

Mimmi
Mimmi

The natural sweetness of peony in company with iris and fresh moist greens. This fragrance is persistent and long lasting, and just in time for sunset it has morphed and revealed a wonderful base with a somewhat different personality. The light flowers now come to rest on a attractive slightly musky base of woods and moss. Its almost "two for one" with this quality composition.
Nothing silly about the lightheartedness of this "summer" - it's plain happy with a beautiful sensual base.
Some sillage, very good lasting power.

Adjames
Adjames

The classic original leaf bottle is definitely different and better than the reformulated version in the clear leave bottle. I love this in summer - very fresh with subtle sweetness and light spice. I wore this years ago, and it still works today. I also love the L'eau D'Ete, although it is much more citrusy and unusual. I switch back and forth.

sous-la-douce
sous-la-douce

on me this perfume smells exactly like a very sweet cup of green tea,with jasmine petals steeped in!!i didnt find tea mentioned with notes,i think the green leaves note has 2b the green tea leaves.a fresh scent for summer,but becomes annoying after while.

tigergirl
tigergirl

soapy, fresh & clean.

Louw
Louw

This is a gorgeous Summery fragrance, so very aptly named! Kenzo perfumes are a bit hit or miss with me, as are green fragrances but this is a big hit all the way! It starts out fresh, sparkly and zesty, then the florals come through with lots of lily of the valley. It dries down to a mossy/woody base. I love it.

sophisticated
sophisticated

no matter how many editions Kenzo come up with, this original kenzo with the very special leaf-like bottle and unmistakable scent is simply the best among them

querelle
querelle

A girl I was falling for used to wear this. I bought a bottle years ago and I'm so happy every time I smell it! It's beautiful, honest and noble. This should be called parfum d'un ete inoubliable.

lapurrla
lapurrla

I just love this perfume. On my third bottle since about 1995. Unavailable in Australia for many years it reappeared like an answer to prayer. Because I love it! Ofcourse it was in a new bottle but still a leaf and still the same delightful, uplifting scent. Reformulated? I didn't notice. Have a long way to go to be able to explain what it is about Parfum d'Ete that both soothes and elevates me so, but it does, and no nasty after-effects unlike most mood-altering substances.

kugkng
kugkng

I got this one from my mom in a half bottle of 100 ml. at first I dislike it full of alcohol and rotten leave or somthing may be ilang-ilang I almost give it up but give it achance to grow on me ...emm.. fantastic it should't be judge by ST at first glance..it a beauty in deep forest very freh green floral very unique a touch of warm musk in the end but still fresh and floral green all the way long wearing ^^
edit: I sniff it again and I detect a wild flower honey on this gems as well...so surprise to me x) very delicious and just beautiful!!!

kraxa
kraxa

I used to have the original formulation- and loved it a lot. I find the original bottle very subtle and perfectly complimenting the smell. Great memories, great scent.

Marisa36
Marisa36

I know I had a bottle of this back in the day but for the life of me can't recall the fragrance? This has never happened to me before. Feeling a bit puzzled really :-)

kjgg
kjgg

old version was the best!

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I just found an old version at antique market at a funny price! I am very happy. Reminds me the good past...I feel a little honey and spring wind is coming...Just wonderful!

lucifera
lucifera

my mum had this edition, and must say this is still better then the reformulated version.. so i want this as well ;-p
for me THIS is spring in a bottle!

Getelle
Getelle

my first olfactory love... the new one is nice too, but not so sheer, poetic and self-sufficient as this parfume

Luna Dumas
Luna Dumas

It's a nice scent.It is a little soapy in a good way-at least on my skin- The lasting power is great.

femmeasis
femmeasis

I've been using it for 3 years some time ago. Ive used 3 bottles of it. It's still the longest parfume lovestory in my life.

ScentMode
ScentMode

It is a truly unique scent, utterly recognisable and so able to recall nostalgia upon the merest whiff of its green shoots and dewy freshness..like happy walks in the forest in the early morning before the dew has dried and the flowers are heavy with the lushness of their own sappy juices.
However, I detect a slight change in this delicate fragrance..there is something missing and I am sure of this after years of wearing it faithfully and then returning to it after a gap of 7 years. Can anyone confirm that I am not going mad on this one? There seems to be the humid sweetness of the peony that is the heart of this fragrance that is sorely lacking..

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I sampled this today and didn't look at the notes first. It opens as a very creamy and heady white floral with a touch of peach...a GARDENIA white floral, I swear! I see that isn't listed and no one else has said that, but on my skin, it smells just like Kai - which is loaded with gardenia.

After about 20 minutes or so, I can detect more of the other flowers - peony for sure, lily-of-the-valley, and a drop of rose here and there.

Mix all this with a fresh, lovely, leafy undertone, and you get an aptly named bottle for summer! :) I like it, but I'm not a white floral kinda girl...so I won't be buying it. Good staying power like other Kenzo fragrances I've used.

Malegria
Malegria

"I`m not a girl - not yet a woman" - it`s about Perfume d`Ete.Sweet little things...Running barefoot through the grass, splashing in the rain, the sweetness of Mom`s lipstick stuck on your teeth, sucking the nectar out of petunia flowers when noone`s watching...

The base is a little bit more mature - the appealing mossy-woody notes come forward, and while the top and the heart still linger, it is not all innocent anymore, it even becomes warmer!
I admire the perfumer that could create such weightless wonder with such sensual components.There is really nothing sexual about this lovely, sparkling,all-natural scent.It is pure and brings to mind a forest spring surrounded by wildflowers - the sweetness of the cold, clear underground water.

sweet77
sweet77

I adore it. it is really gorgeous and unique. Love it.

I had some samples of kenzo perfumes and I gave some of them,including this one,kenzo l'eau par and kenzo flower to a close friend of mine.she fell in love with this perfume immediately so that she bought herself a 100 ml bottle.I tried to tell her that they are better fragrances out there,but she didn't listen(LOL)
this is nice.it smells so fresh,fruity and sour at the first,but immediately the floral heart appears.it's really floral,that's why I think it's more suitable for spring rather than summer.fortunately I don't get any ylang-ylang neither peony.in return narcissus is very dominant and nice.
it's energetic and young and if you consider the year in which it came out,you accept it's unique for that year.
so if you like energetic perfumes without looking like a teenager this is for you.

AalaA
AalaA

This perfume was the first gift ever from to my mum back in time when I was 7 years old, I took around 50 $ from my savings and bought her the 100ml one, whenever I smell it on anyone I can't help it, but remember the floral scent of my mum ...

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

This is a truly unique scent I have used since it came out. Its fresh floral and I have never smelled musk in this. Green notes dominate and the narcissus gives the sweetness. On the drydown Iris which has a sweetness/floral and cedar come foward. This one is so special I ALWAYS know when someone has it on. On my 5th bottle :)

azuriiita
azuriiita

very green, with personality. For my nose its like a sugary grass... not too sweet, not overpowering... however is strong and notable.

Like a floral-mossy-woody scent. Its interesting

Make me think about moist air, humid green place, tick of nature at warm weather
Great!!!

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

A beautiful floral/green fragrance. It is very unusual, in my opinion. The top notes, in particular, are unlike any perfume I have sampled. Difficult to explain and I am not very adept at describing scents, but I think it is the peachy topnote mixed with the huge variety of flowers that give it a really heady opening. This is a strong perfume yet somehow perfect for warmer weather. It lasts for a very long time on the skin and it dries down to a very pretty cedar/sandalwood. I love this one and have worn it for years. Another great perfume from Kenzo--and the bottle is lovely.

indigo.smile
indigo.smile

This is gorgeous..not only the bottle but also the smell. Very fresh...I can smell the green leaves covered my entire body. It makes me comfort. one of my favorite

Parfum d`Ete by Kenzo 4.28 out of 5 based on 400 ratings and 56 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Parfum d`Ete fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Parfum d`Ete, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Parfum d`Ete by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Parfum d`Ete by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.