Designers » I-K » Woody Spicy « Groups

Tokyo by Kenzo Kenzo for men

Tokyo by Kenzo Kenzo for men
dislike

Tokyo by Kenzo Kenzo for men Pictures Tokyo by Kenzo Kenzo for men Pictures Tokyo by Kenzo Kenzo for men Pictures Tokyo by Kenzo Kenzo for men Pictures Tokyo by Kenzo Kenzo for men Pictures

Tokyo by Kenzo could be describes as city lights at night. Explosive yellow: ginger essence, lemon and grapefruit. Glittering green: essence of shizo, note of green tea. Pulsating red: note of red pepper and bitter orange. And deep darkness: note of Guaiac wood, cedar, cloves and nutmeg. The bottle is of the same shape as other Kenzo bottles, this time redesigned by Kashiwa Sato. This Tokyo designer is famous for his modern style shown in many different occasions ranging from album covers to architecture. He received many awards and he exhibited his works many times. Tokyo by Kenzo is his first project in this field. He is also designer of packaging and the advertisement campaign. The perfume was created by Marie Salamange from company Firmenich. She was inspired by fresh spices and explosive green sap of cedar and Guaiac notes that she discovered in the lively atmosphere of Japan. It was launched in 2007. You can read more about Tokyo by Kenzo in the news section. The nose behind this fragrance is Marie Salamagne.

Ginger Grapefruit Lemon

Pink Pepper Green Tea Bitter Orange

Nutmeg Cloves Guaiac Wood Cedar

Visit For Men
GF Ferre Lui-Him

Tokyo by Kenzo Fragrance Reviews

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

Fresh, light and citrusy. Silage and longevity strong. Has a sweet undertone. Initial spray sparkles with ginger and as it dries down the lemon and spices are noticeable. Very pleasant. I wish the ginger was stronger and longer, because as it wanes, the exotic charisma of this scent fades to something familiar and not as special.

garmonbozia
garmonbozia

Tokyo Kenzo is a quite cool scent. It's modern and I think focused on young people. It's appropriate for many occasions. For me it's every day fragrance but I can imagine someone wearing it for a more formal occasion. It's woody in a very pleasant way. Many woody fragrances have this "grandpa" vibe which I can't stand. This one is really really cool and pleasant. The scent has many leyers and it is really aromatic. You feel like you're having a SPA treatment wearing it.

The only thing which is not good about this fragrance is this citrusy note wich is somewhat too sour. It makes it almost the opposite of fresh. Like an old lemon peel lying somhere in the room. This note almost disappears after a while so it feels unnecessary.

sensitiveJest
sensitiveJest

It's got a very special cool fragrance with a big twist of peppery spice! It's absolutely fresh and modern as well.

windhill
windhill

It amazing how fragrance can giving us various senses of feeling. While others mentioned Kenzo Tokyo as modern city, spice shop and nightlife in Asia. I feels like Tokyo captured an image of Tokyo city but not modern world Tokyo like in the ad. Its more an old time Tokyo like in 20-30's. Sepia and monochrome. Like picture of old wooden japanese houses and brown paper.(But not melancholic and artistic as Mitsouko).

About the scent everybody here said it all. Its a combination of fresh herb spicy, dry citrus and green tea fragrance. Very Kenzo in character.

fahadharoon
fahadharoon

I don't dislike this fragrance for the overall smell, but for what it delivers. A 2-3 hr of presence, if you are lucky to get even that, is not my idea of spending on a perfume which does have a good opening. Spicy, citrus and exciting in the start it end up in its dry-down (if you can call it that) within a few minutes. If someone tells me i smell good after 4-5 hours of spraying, i might be intrigued and might come to a conclusion that its olfactory saturation that renders the perception of this fragrance to a complete non existent. It would still not change the fact that if i don't get a whiff of this once in a while, it just wont do it for me. My most disappointing fragrance purchase. I got it at, what i thought was a great bargain. I still feel mugged. Shame.

Scent 6/10
Longevity 2/10
Silage: none from what i perceive.

Svezzy
Svezzy

Very spicy and it last for hours.
I wore it this morning, came home this evening, showered and i can still smell it. So you are warned, it last!

sonia.kassambara
sonia.kassambara

I "blind" bought this for hubby based on your comments, our positive experience with Kenzo scents and the ginger opening. Thanks for the tips. It is a new favorite of mine and great for fall.

This smells like a contrast of light and dark. At first a bright blast of citrus, ginger and zing tickles the nose. Then, the top notes zip away quickly, and a wonderful five-spice aromatic woods aroma plays for a few hours. Longevity is a bit modest yet the arm's-length sillage is nice for those who want to smell it. It won't overpower.

I like that it is not sweet but is zesty. Also I'm thinking that this will not smell good on some people. It does work in our case. After buying the original m7 about 10 years ago, this is the best scent for cooler weather I've smelled that we both like.

SmsthersSimpson
SmsthersSimpson

Opens really well. Dries down like Visit but has a Tea scent too.

gavila
gavila

It took me three years to find it. Thanks Fetiche :)

merezvan
merezvan

دیگه گیر نمییاد
اگه جایی دیدینش بی درنگ بخرینش
در نوع خودش بی نظیر.
خوش بختانه من تقلبی اونو ندیدم و احتمالا قیمت گرونی داره الان.

florinescu43
florinescu43

horrible for me! to heavy

Migalex
Migalex

Gorgeous scent. I find it very very similar to Omnia Crystalline, which is one of my favourite fragrances. I rarely come across a masculine fragrance which I like this much. Pink pepper, which I love, is very noticeable, and so is ginger, which is also one of my favourite notes, and the mixture of notes is really well achieved and balanced. This is really my taste. Love it. I only wish it were a bit stronger. It seems that they are at last making more creative and nicer scents for men and getting rid of those horrible prejudices, commercial and of other natures. Stayng power is not great, though.

husdah
husdah

There is no longevity or "drydown" to talk of in the first place. Hard to believe, but this scent simply vanishes in ten minutes. It should be used as an indoor perfume only where one can spray themselves every half an hour or so. Very disappointing, the more so because it smells great and is somewhat pricy.

Jacdaripper
Jacdaripper

I used an FM brand inspired by this... and wow people in the office noticed and I got a lot of compliments.. Could not forget athough people said I smelled like tea. woohoo! made my day!

dsotm1102
dsotm1102

Baked potato black pepper, grapefruit, cedarwood blast!

Dies down in no time at all. I wish it lasted longer

feline_amour
feline_amour

My father have this perfume.i don't know why i hate this perfume.for me it's to pungent and sharp..the scent makes me dizzy.maybe this scent not my kind of fragrance at all..

SilverFire
SilverFire

Goes on with a very realistic fruit vibe, but it's the fresh fruit of the orchard, a skin, branch, vine kind of smell. I would swear that I'm back in my grandparent's backyard when they had peach trees -- it's that realistic. As it goes on, it becomes a fresh scent, like a well-done deodorant. Three hours in, it's still light and fresh and has a few inches projection. It ends with a faintly woody note (nutmeg?) at six hours or so. The beginning was promising, but Tokyo Kenzo doesn't add up to much.

pinballsummer
pinballsummer

I wanted to like this so much - the concept was cool, as was the bottle, and I am also a big fan of woodsy scents.

But what you get is something that smells like a wet, mossy forest after the rain - very pungent. Which isn't bad in itself, but in this case it resembles some cheap Axe (Lynx) you buy at the supermarket...and that's really not a good thing.

Longevity is also a huge problem - non-existent.

spartan
spartan

Nice scent, very masculine, stays close to the skin. I really like peppery woody scents, this reminds me of Bang. This scent will fade out quick but its still worth adding to your collection because it's just that good! Go heavy on the trigger it will not over power. A comfort scent for me. I will test other Kenzno frags.

Chimp
Chimp

Tokyo by Kenzo is a good fresh spicy fragrance with a decent longevity and a relatively low price. I personally won't buy it because i don't like the nutmeg in it which is kinda unpleasant to me. If you like Tokyo i'd recommend you to get Voyage d'Hermes which is an irresistible warm spicy fragrance.

Being a big fan of this House, I had great expectations of this. The ad was so "flashy" and energetic, the bottle was gorgeous and the notes sounded SO intriguing to me. I was overjoyed to see a sample spray in a recent package from a fellow member, and waited to try it (as I usually do for smaller samples) for my review. I sprayed it one time on my hand; it was good, but kind of fizzled. I did a full wearing yesterday, and here are my thoughts...

Oooh a woody spicy from Kenzo!! *gets all excited*

*sprays on both arms, both elbows, both sides of neck and down the shirt* I should really smell awesome now!

Enter a cloud of clean clear citruses and warm, wet ginger; with LOTS of sharp dry pepper. OKAY...this is kinda "spicy/sporty", but we shall just wait and see where this goes! Cue a cool breeze (almost metallic in nature) of bitter (and I mean BITTER) orange and green tea. The tea is fresh (almost iced) and does create an interesting contrast to the sour opening and warm pepper. I love the drydown of guaiac and cedar; but where are the nutmeg and cloves I so wanted layered over the woods?!? *sniffs wrists and elbows again, puts head INSIDE shirt and sniffs DEEPLY* What gives...where did it go?!? Okay, others said I smelled great, but I could not (and I mean with my nose pressed against my skin) really smell much of anything but skin, hints of metal...and cool leaves and a faint wisp of pepper. Color me: DISAPPOINTED! I adore L'Eau (and it's considered "weak") and the Indigo flanker especially, AIR and Power; and even kind of dig most of the women's AMOURs and FLOWERs too. THIS? I can't help but feel like someone held something great under my nose (for 15 minutes) and said "You like that? Too bad...you can't have it! Nyah!! Nyah!!!"...I wanted the scents of fast paced life in the Ginza, cool green guaiac aromas of sap & leaves in the wind, shiso incense on the air, flashes of bright lights and ENERGY everywhere! *sighs* All I got was some sporty body spray with a fleeting longevity, and minimal sillage! Maybe, it is just my skin, but overall I can say everyone else liked it on me...and I may have liked it too, but something somewhere in my brain/olfactory system must have just "blocked it out". I hoped I would be like the guy in the ad: in jeans and plain white shirt, dancing with free abandon while those in power suits filed past me, and breathing in the night life of the largest city in the world. Instead, all I got was a feeling I had missed the last bullet train home.

Sillage: weak
Longevity: fleeting
Overall: 3/5

My first sniff of this was a single spray from a manufacturer's sample, the "full wearing" (for this review) was 7 sprays from that sample, now all but gone! Maybe...I need to find a tester SOMEWHERE and really do a REAL spritzfest of this and see if THAT makes any difference at all! This is the opposite effect or reading notes and going "Yeah-been there, done that!" and getting wowwed!! I wanted to try this for ages, perhaps I set my expectations too high...or maybe, just maybe, something in this does NOT agree with my chemistry at all.

I want to like this...
Everyone else likes it on me...
I just don't get it...

*sighs*

aid
aid

In general I'm quite happy with this one... very nice and really fresh opening is big plus of this fragrance. Unfortunately in later stage clove and pepper kicks in which are not my favorites.. bit too much pepper for me to fully enjoy this one.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

if you are like me and want to smell something different from the usuals then this what you go for.bought blind and cheap as well and will say it was money well spent for what am getting out of this bottle.
Am not going to bullshit anyone with notes and all here but this is a good spicy fragrance.the dry down is like a drug to me.i mean i just cant enough of it.It's simply awakening my senses and i dont usually say that about most fragrances,honest.

If I had relied on reviews from basenotes then I wouldnt have gone ahead to get it but to every nose his own and to me this is bliss.

recomend you try it.

I don't really like the top of this one because it' very spicy peppery and strong. However, the scent settles into something nice and less intense. Spiced tea with orangey lemon and herb. It's fresher and sweeter too. Everything just calm down to the point I can enjoy it. It's masculine, fun, and energetic. Perfect for a modern day/night lifestyle.

As a woman, I love wearing rich, woodsy and masculine scents, especially if they're infused with pepper or ginger. Most of the scents I wear that are of this calibre are very strong and at times, offensive. Kenzo Tokyo has a subtlety that doesn't bother me in the slightest. Its softness provides a clean and refreshing quality that I would have never expected.

The fragrance opens with light, watered-down citrus, pepper and tea. This blend is quite pleasant and refreshing. Its sensuality tends to immerge more on warmer skin or during the warmer months. With that thought in mind, Kenzo Tokyo has the versatility to be worn all year round.

I'd describe this fragrance as being sometimes sharp and sometimes smooth. The citruses, pepper and ginger keep the scent lively, yet the base of soothing woods and a hint of non-smokey incense keeps the scent grounded.

Sometimes I feel a little strange because Kenzo Tokyo does have some very masculine moments, but for the majority of the scent's development it keeps me entertained and I still feel like a woman wearing it.

I took a huge chance with Kenzo Tokyo, having decided to buy it blind based on reviews calling it a woodsy and gingery incense delight. Well, I am disappointed that there's not a whole lot of incense, but I am impressed with its subtle, gingery woods. I recommend.

ON the first try, I got astringent green notes, woody alcohol, almost sharp pine needles and booze, and definitely wood notes. Second try, it was orange juice with vetiver first on . It's definitely the trip it's supposed to suggest: a Westerner's jet-lagged first impressions of Tokyo and all her chaotic, deafening life. Fascinating and unisex. It does end very woody and peppery, so if that's a note you don't care for, forget it. But as far as edgy and neon-spangled, this is the ticket.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Tokyo goes Ginger, pink pepper, guaiac wood in that exact order and all other notes are complimentary. This is the only scent ive come across, in as long as I can remember, that has achieved the intended accords that are expressed on the tester bottles.
Starts with a sharp, almost repulsive Ginger accord that could well have done without the citrus harshness, then develops with a smoky, extreme-pepper accord (similar to that found in Marc Jacobs Bang) then finishes with the addition of guaiac wood.
One well worth trying, much more wearable that Bang, but the initial spray may be a bit much for some mainstreamists. I found the initial spray a bit weird.

Rich28
Rich28

This is a very unique frag and It's one of my favourites. It begins very spicy until the tea note begins to dominate then the spicyness goes and it mellows into a zen like sort of state. It sticks to the skin within 1-2hrs so if you're trying to impress someone you'd prob have to invade their personal space.

Tokyo should be worn on rainy days. It complements the smell and I think the rain might actually help with the projection. If you're familiar with the frag, just imagine what it would smell like after the rain has fallen, the place is still damp and smell of the rain still lingers. My theory is that the warm moist atmosphere might actually prolong the life and quality of the smell.

with a little help from mother nature this smell will surpass amazing

Karhu
Karhu

Yet another recent purchase and addition to my beginner's collection. The only reason I would stop short of "loving" this cologne is the relatively poor staying power and sillage.

Tokyo definitely stays close to the (my) skin, but it is an amazingly unique blend of clean spice that I just couldn't resist. Many have commented that this a young fragrance, but I think just about anyone could safely get away with this one.

It's a shame that Kenzo fragrances smell so great but disappear so quickly on my skin.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

This scent is the complete opposite of Wonderwood (Comme des Garcons) : it´s fresh, loud and spicy.
Whereas Wonderwood transports a feeling of quietness and contemplation Tokyo is the face of a metropole : buzzing with people, shrieking with noise, bursting with flavour.
Tokyo starts off with a citrus flash, tinging with firy spices, then the ginger comes into effect.
You will be fully awake by then :-)
Later on the pepper shows and is just as relentless but warm and embracing.
After a few hours Tokyo presents warm woods.

An uplifting and refreshing scent which I will reserve for warmer days. Tokyo is a nice new approach to a fresh perfume. By the way : I think it´s unisex.

Mrgstar
Mrgstar

I love this scent! My father used this one for a while, and maybe because of that I think that this smells like a real man! Both sillage and longevety is more than average on my skin! 6-8 hours. I have fairly dry skin, so 6-8 hours is actually very good! It is fresh, I get some citrus, and some delicious spices! Go for this one guys! It is very affordable! I paid about $40 US for a 3.4oz/100ml bottle, and that was included shipping to Norway.. Sometimes I even spray a couple of sprays before I go to bed! Thats how much I like it! :-) In my eyes, this is by far Kenzo's best offering! You just cant go wrong with this one!

megaechofox50
megaechofox50

I got this one at a sale from a store and it was a BOGO. Unbelievable type of deal for a great scent. This is an extremely modern fragrance, it is young but edgy at the same time. I think this is a pretty versatile scent and it can definitely be pulled out in the colder months. If you are looking for an oriental spicy that is easy on the nose, you should try this one out.

jerichodeg
jerichodeg

I LOVE THIS ONE. I bought it blind, thinking it would be something sharp and strong like Armani Attitude (based on a bare sniff of the cap) but I got something so much better!! The scent is subtle but in a good way. Imagine green tea with a dash of masculinity.

masboi
masboi

one of my fav kenzo frag.
very fresh scent.
not very lasting on my skin.
didn't like the bottle tho, looks like an axe to me IMHO.

Phytrox
Phytrox

This is a definition of autumn...

The pink pepper and nutmeg make this a wonderful smell, especially for occasions like walking around with the yellow and red leaves falling from the trees and stuff...

Shame it doesn't last as long as it could... I get just 5-6 hours per 7 sprays.

Other than that, i can't complain, this stuff is wonderful.

urobian

Kenzo Tokyo fue lanzado hace ya 3 o 4 años, en todo caso el que no resulta original es el perfume de Natura el cual no tendrà mas de 1 año en el mercado.

il dottore
il dottore

Un perfume de caracter fuerte, diria que original si no hubiera olido el Homme de Natura, pero el especiado ,directamente la pimienta, se muestran con un cracter dominante... pobre fijacion, pero agradable rastro..

bwcw81
bwcw81

Imagine an extreme powerful black and white pepper punch at the few minutes, then comes the sweet patchouli warm scent for hours, dry down is mild patchouli. Lasting power very good, easily past 5 hours and silliage is good, people with blocked nose will be able to detect the strong peppery smell.

It is created with younger (20's) crowd at mind and it is funky, youthful and playful!

Finally tried this!
The first impress is very Kenzo way! :)
After a minute, it turns to very harsh pepper and ginger, that I dont like at all (althought pepper and ginger are my favourite motes).
But about 20' later, it turn to something totally diffirent, very soft tea and woody notes. The harshness is totally gone!

So there's a big separator in this perfume, that cut it to 2 diffirent parts. I've never see anything like this before!
Kenzo is always unique.

Lance

This sounds very interesting! Kenzo always has something different, spicy and oriental!
The signature bottle is catchy, it reminds me of nightlife of Asian cities, the energy of night parties! As I always remember and love that feeling.
And the commercial just double it!

Can't wait to try!

rodmassacre
rodmassacre

One of the most (if not the most) peculiar fragrances i've ever tried!
The opening is not a huge citrus blast, turning down quickly to the screaming green tea leaf.
Awesome unique smell. Love it for cold days and cold nights.
Sillage could be better.

batabidd
batabidd

Notes of lemon, ginger root, blood orange, shiso leaves, mate, clove, nutmeg, green tea, pink pepper, guaiac, cedar.

It has been created for the young crowd.
The aroma has been inspired by images and the cool vibe of a busy colourful night in the Japanese metropolis.
The result is kind of electric I must say, fruity and slightly peppery.

The ginger root is here the main key, the center of the attention, while the rest of the notes stays in the background, as the juice develops.

Tokyo starts gorgeous and zesty; There’s a explosion of citrus while the ginger reveals itself fiery and dewy accompanied with the sisho leaves.
This is my favourite part of the whole perfume.
The rest for me, loose credibility and interest.
After a little while the fragrance loses power and it gets close to skin scent, the projection turns minimal and "Tokyo" remains in your skin a delicate nice halo of ginger, herbal peppery and powdery tea with strokes of guaiac wood.

Not bad.
Tokyo is an interesting fragrance, but if it would keep the original fireworks from the top notes I would love it infinitely.

It’s a fact that Japanese community enjoy subtle perfumes.
I do like the perfume but, also, I do prefer shout out fragrances. It’s part of the mistery and the seduction.
The long lasting is acceptable.
I enjoy wearing the perfume but it is becoming one of those ones that I keep sniffing trying to recall the initial explode. Then nothing.

This one made me fell (sadly), neutral.

garofani

my man used probably all Kenzo editions, to the point that I'm not even sure which ones I prefered. However, this one was my pick for him so I remember it well because I loved its ginger note and found this parfume very sexy. I guess sexy for me does not equal his idea of man-ly parfume ;)anyways we compromised on power cologne which is sexy enough for me and not too femminine for him.

twinklestar.pa
twinklestar.pa

I just love the design on the bottle. It's the most beautiful thing I've seen in ages, for a perfume bottle.

It has the motion of the city caught visually. Like a train is zooming by you, or you're making time down a street and the lights are streaks.

True art.

Malegria
Malegria

I heard it`s been discontinued - what a pity.It is a perfect scent for a sexy urbanite, and even a girl can easily pull it off.It opens up vibrant, with juicy citrus and ginger, but it is not in-your-face juiciness, but a soft, purry one, like a lemon riccola! and the woodsy part comiing on strong and fast, like the night falls on the big city. I love the second part of Tokyo - the beautiful nutty/spicy mist...It is not romantic, I am afraid you can`t expect loyalty from this type of scent, it`s not going to give you any false hope!but it will go partying with you after a day of cold calculating in the office!

guest_AngelsDiablo
guest_AngelsDiablo

Mmmmm very nice Diablo

Diablo
Diablo

This fragrance is perfect for men who like to be relaxing and enjoying at evening with girlfriend or going out.
From the beginning is sharp citrus with exotic notes but the best part is when it is dry down. I love the dry down because it smells so romantic, elegant, sexy and I cant stop with smell myself all the time. I can somehow smell bamboo although it does not contain it. Bamboo with ginger, green tea and fresh notes make this fragrance a hit from my part.

VanAllan
VanAllan

I actually wanted to buy Jungle but following an impulse I bought Tokyo instead and that day I didn't regret it. It was suitable to many occasions and more wearable as a day fragrance.
I liked the smoky ginger-lemony opening very much and after 1 hour I enjoyed the fruity/green-tea/pepper/nutmeg combination which gives a nice oriental aura.
Some reviews said it's 'like Azzaro Visit if it was made by Kenzo' and I partially agree, but I like Visit much more.
Edit: After several days it had average sillage (close to skin) and longevity even for a modern citrusy-oriental fragrance. In the end I got sick of it and gifted to a good friend. My rank 6/10. ☣☣

DC-8
DC-8

I received it as a gift from my brother. A dream scent indeed. A very lovely oriental scent, though it's supposed to be a woody spicy. Longevity is not too great (like all Kenzo products), but yet it is satisfactory.

Ginger and grapefruits in the top note are fabulous. Only the pink pepper part is not much compatible to my skin, which is ignorable. When it dries down, the woody notes are so remarkable.

A good smell for everyday purpose, specially in fall and spring days.

da_markos
da_markos

modern, nice masculine scent in the kenzo way. we have here good mix of many spices (f.e. pepper and ginger)

LaPD
LaPD

What an awesome bottle! Very fitting with the name... or another cosmopolitan asian city...

Anyhow... I was expecting a burst of energy. Something fresh and citrusy.

I got the citrusy... but no burst. If there was one it vanished real quickly. This is actually a very subtle fragrance. This one stays very close to the skin boys.

But there's still an appeal to this fragrance. It's complex. It's not very virile but it's still masculine. It's for the elegant man. Not for Mr. Lumberjack or Mr Business Kingpin. It's urbanite, young yet organic and dewy/foggy. I understand where the name comes from. Japan is a fitting image.

The highlight here is the Tea note. It makes it interesting. It quite dominant in the dry down.

It's subtle and longevity is only ok. I like it but I won't buy it. Longevity is not worth it. It might be fitting for me but it's not the type of fragrance I am looking for. Still... a very interesting fragrance.

This is one of the spiciest fragrances I've ever smelled! It's almost straight pepper explosion on my skin! After a while my skin brings out a sweetness in the fragrance while still maintaining the strong pepper scent. It's been five hours and the pepper is still going strong! I'm female and because of the sweet notes that my skin brings out, I would have no problem wearing this casually.

Joe v8
Joe v8

I like it but its not my favorite.I really wasted money on this scent because i really don't wear it that much.

smell a little bit like an eggnog ...

periquito89
periquito89

I realize that Kenzo calls my attention, even though I´m not a fan of most of its scents. Must be because the unusual character, the simple and creative bottles... As for Tokyo, it has ginger, its proeminent note, and I don't like ginger in a fragrance that much, but here works well. During its drydown the ginger becomes light, though this note follows the evolution until the end, which, by the way, is not that long. Could replace a lot of citric scents, by its difference ... a fresh ginger scent, or, like "jeca" said, "spicy fresh". But is a warm freshness, if you know what I mean. Slightly unusual, slightly pleasant, very hard to overdose.

Slowly it became one of my favourites scents.

scenturian
scenturian

I like this one so much. Reminds me the spice shops at eastern lands.
Very spicy especially with strong ginger accord.
For me it starts with spice blast and continues till end.
Good projection and lasting.

dieciseis67
dieciseis67

¡¡Decepcionante!! Una verdadera lástima porque el principio es buenisimo. Por eso me la compré.
Me puse de un probador del Corte Inglés, y me encantó. Claro, me puse en la mano y no me dí cuenta de lo poco que iba a durar. Eso es lo que le ocurre a este perfume, que dura muy poco. Tiene mucha fuerza al principio, es muy bueno, pero dura unos minutos.

guest_smelly
guest_smelly

i tried this on myself in the shop and it smelt like another fragrance and seems pretty boring

for its price i would not buy it

vdxl
vdxl

A very nice clove fragrance that is also young. It is oriental, yet modern, with no excess on musky notes. It is really energizing without being too generic or exaggerated on the citrus notes that you find in a lot of fragrances. Original, yes.

nightcrawler27
nightcrawler27

Kenzo Tokyo reminded me of Fahrenheit at first but then after awhile it gives you that ginger fruity scent...it's either you hate it or love it. For Asian countries, this perfect for night out clubbing. Definitely not an everyday or a day fragrance. this scent evokes energy, fun and party...If you have experienced night life in Asian countries such as Singapore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Manila and Tokyo then this scent will remind you of it.

urobian

In some parts i can find a similar moment to azzaro vist in the woody point, but tokyo share other kind of aroma. The initial angle is very energetic, impulsive and expansive... then the calm is in the skin, a soft mix of aromatic lines mixed with a balanced line in notes. Luminous, comfortable and exotic.

m_pooka
m_pooka

The bottle is beautiful and the scent reminded me of nightlife and glamour in a very sophisticated way. Always thumbs up when it comes to party all night long.

leomat2008
leomat2008

In the start I found it very spice but then lasts a smell I don´t know how to explain to you, it remindes me a tipical brasilian dessert made with corn, milk, sugar and cinnamon lol ;-)

klee0206
klee0206

I find it absolutely irresistable. It's breezy, modern and urban with a perfect balance of citrus to open, along with woods, spices and greens to carry the body and drydown. Makes the wearer smell cool, confident and intriguing.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

I find it really boring, nothing special. Along with Vintage, Tokyo should be the worst scennt of Kenzo.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

I've read so many bad reviews about Tokyo by Kenzo, but I can't really understand the reason why.

For me, Tokyo is a delicious combination of orange, green tea and ginger. The strongest note in it is the ginger, and it lingers for around 5 hours on my skin.

It may not be groundbreaking, but it's nice, safe and suitable for any event.

guest_amanda
guest_amanda

I expected something more exciting, interesting or -how to express it- something different. its green citrus, not bad but its too ususal, and I(personally of course)dont really like it either. it should be more colourful and fizzy and sensational. but it is not.

sophywt
sophywt

I try to like it but...

Tokyo starts nice, fresh, green and humid, kind of exotic. it's like you are walking along the tokyo street in a rainy night. It's such a good mood!
But when you expect sth more romantic happened, it ends suddenly without a sign and leaves u in an emptiness of citrus notes.

That really makes me annoyed, I don't understand it at all!

jeca
jeca

This perfume is very elegant, spicy fresh in the Kenzo way.

2007

Tokyo by Kenzo by Kenzo 3.81 out of 5 based on 363 ratings and 69 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kenzo Tokyo by Kenzo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kenzo Tokyo by Kenzo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tokyo by Kenzo by Kenzo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tokyo by Kenzo by Kenzo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.