Designers » I-K » Chypre « Groups

Kiss Him Kiss Cosmetics for men

Kiss Him Kiss Cosmetics for men
dislike

Kiss Him is a cologne launched in 2006 together with the female edition, Kiss Her. It features the notes of bergamot, white pepper, anise, black cumin, fir balsam, sandalwood and moss.

It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Bergamot Star Anise Caraway Pepper Resin Sandalwood oak moss

Kiss Him Fragrance Reviews

Prettyfish
Prettyfish

Pay close attention to the handful of rave reviews of this cologne. On some people, this is a knockout fragrance, and this 32 year old chick is one of them. When I smelled it for the first time in Ulta, I laughed out loud. Exactly as advertised: bottled essence of sweaty rockstar. It's a 360 degree concert experience, smoke, armpit, leather, along with an intoxicating powdery deeply feminine smell. It makes me feel like a groupie. SO, so sexy. On top of that, it does. not. quit. I don't own anything else like it, and I bust it out when I want to feel edgy or wanton.

pob75
pob75

For the price this is surprisingly good.
I agree, it does have a fresh sweat note. And yes it even smells a bit of post-sport-man-crotch. BUT it is NOT an unclean, body odour smell.
The cumin/fresh sweat note stays around for most of the duration, balanced by a slight powderiness from 3 or 4 hours in.
I do struggle a bit with "sweat" notes - it seems odd to me getting clean and then spraying them on - but the deep, spicy warmth of this is quite pleasing.
The overall effect is a warm, spicy, manly, slightly powdery and kind of reassuring scent that sweetens late on as it fades to a skin scent.
It is labeled as eau de cologne but longevity and projection stand up well against most EDTs. It projects quite well for 7 hours and is still good on skin for a few hours beyond that.
Considering the price, dodgy band affiliation (I'm NOT a fan) and naff packaging this is very good.
I will wear this in colder weather and might even buy it again.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

My dad is a huge Kiss fan, and we bought this for him for Christmas as a joke one year (he doesn't like fragrances). Well, the joke was on us because he wore it to church for the next two months. One spray of this is suffocating when you're trapped in a car with the person wearing it. Not one of my favorites, but if you can pull this off good on you.

voodoodanny
voodoodanny

Say what you like about the tacky endorsement or the body odour accord, this is a surprisingly good, spicy, masculine frag for the little money you'll pay for it!

Dark, woodsy and seductive with that edgy animalic note that have lead some to write it off as "sweaty". This is daring and a little bit different and worth every penny. Stands up to plenty of designer (and even a few niche) frags in terms of quality and longevity.

If you're that embarrassed to have the bottle in your collection, decant it or wrap it in brown paper. Don't overlook KISS Him!

Pauli535
Pauli535

Bought this for my husband, Kiss fan since forever but after the first pleasant spicy smell all I could smell was sweat, unfortunately once I had noticed the sweat smell I could not get past it. Resigned to the back of the wardrobe - he will keep it as a 'souvenir' of sorts but is unlikely to ever wear it. If it did not have a sweaty undercurrent I would have liked it very much x

tatagaldino
tatagaldino

I'm not criticizing perfumes, nor hate them but Kiss Him is extremely poor.
Spices and open refers to body odor, very, very strong.
The projection is average and longevity is not there Those things.
I wonder if this was based on the fragrance that Gene Simmons has after a long and great presentation ...
That's the smell of sweaty people, poor longevity, synthetic. I have 3.3oz ... I think I'll use as a deodorant for feet, impossible to be worse than stinky feet.
Look what I always try to see the use and the good side of things ...

del
del

KISS HIM is way too spicy in the opening, and I agree with others that it smells like a strong body odor.

As a patient man, I gave it chance to evolve, so I waited. Ten, fifteen minutes later, the spiciness starts to decrease, and hints of sweetness rise, but that sweaty smell remains rough amidst the overall scent. In fairness, KISS HIM radiates a powdery vibe towards the end, but that unpleasant combination of notes is still very hard to ignore, as it keeps poking in the background.

I'm a fan of sweet fragrances, but this isn't my style. Good luck to you if you are planning on buying this blind.

Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Probably one of the best bang for your buck fragrances that you'll ever come across. KISS Him is a very dark, spicy and seductive scent which people would probably easily dismiss due to it being a celebrity fragrance. This is a mistake as it makes a very good scent for the cooler months with the added bonus of impressive longevity. If you can put aside the affiliation with a bunch of aging rockstars, and I suggest that you do, then that this is definitely an enjoyable scent and a worthy addition to anyones collection.

Mooncatt

Good thing for me, the cumin smells like spice, not other things! I have to wonder about some people's skin chemistry. A reviewer has compared Kiss Him and Antonio Banderas 'The Secret' to 1 Million by Paco Rabbane. I haven't smelled the other two, but have smelled the Golden Secret. I prefer Kiss Him.

Bassplant
Bassplant

After reading the reviews, I was ready for a bizarre experience of a crotch-smelling strange leathery cumin-filled horror show! However, thankfully, this was not the case at all.

The opening was a blast of fresh spices. I know that everyone says "cumin", but that's a stretch for me. Anyway, it didn't matter b/c all traces of spice were gone from my skin in literally 5 minutes.

From there on, it's just a very simple powdery scent. If you like powdery scents, you will probably like this. Nothing amazing for me, as I'm not terribly crazy about powder as a note. But it's certainly a simple, pleasant fragrance.

It's longevity for me is monstrous. Waking up, I still smelled the powder eminating from my wrists and neck from the morning before!

Mooncatt

The overall scent is quite pleasant. I don't know where 'cumin' comes from-it's not in the formula, but if everyone says so.... The dry down is softer, powdery and rather yummy. Altogether a well-made scent.

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

I'm highly thinking bout getting this I'm not kiss Fab I don't even listen to their music I'm buying the juice not who's by! It's has most of the top notes I like in a colonge

andy
andy

it is extremely synthetic and i honestly think it smells VERY cheap, even worse than a cheap body spray so I can not in the right mind recommend this to anyone I have smelled it and it was pretty harsh to my nose

daveikeagrohl
daveikeagrohl

'Kiss Him' hits you with an initial burst of cumin. After 5-10 minutes the cumin note fades slightly and becomes more powdery rather than sharp like the beginning, but it's still there. It's definitely more pleasant by this point but, I have to be honest, it does still resemble the smell of your shirt after you've eaten in an Indian restaurant or, dare I say it, a sweaty jock strap. There, I said it. This doesn't mean it's unpleasant because overall it does seem well blended/balanced. It all boils down to whether or not you mind cumin being prominent in a fragrance. I can enjoy it, but I've yet to venture out in public wearing this scent in fear of being mistaken for being generally unhygienic. But that's MY problem. It is CHEAP and for the money it's a well made fragrance that will last around 6 hours, give or take an hour and by then the cumin is pretty much gone and you're left with a pleasant powdery vanilla skin scent. If you like how cumin smells on you, it's definitely worth a try. If this cost $60+ I would NOT recommend it as a blind buy but as you can pick up 100ml for $10, what the hell?

calyx93
calyx93

Surprisingly good! The cumin and spices over a somewhat synthetic woody amber give it a "crotch" like effect - it's an extremely cheap semi-alternative to Eau D'Hermes and has approximately the same lifespan, but the two diverge down different paths. In Kiss Him, the cumin/animalic edge begins to fade, whereas in Eau D'Hermes, the cumin and animalic notes are what remain during the drydown.

Anyone liking cumin in their fragrances should definitely try this out - it is SO inexpensive that it won't make you feel the least bit guilty for just getting a full bottle - even if you don't like it.

Wow...

An epiphany today. If anyone has this, and also has Antonio Banderas's "secret" please tell me if they are not very very similar.

I picked up a secret on clearance as I heard a lot of reviewers stating it resembled Paco's 1 million, but without 1 millions problems. If that is the case than this here could be another poor mans 1 million.

Anup
Anup

After going to the mall with my cousin a few months ago, i swore i would never smell/review this EVER.
What happened was, were at one of those perfume/cologne booths that clog up the fucking mall with their overpriced bullshit (this was listed at 36 dollars 1.7)
The lady there tried her VERY hardest to try to push it on us.
Going so far as to suggest that she was "picky" and that this was one of her "favorites" and began assaulting my cousin Brian with the shit!
It was quite a traumatizing experience, but i'm kind of over it now, and i am going to try to review this as unbiasedly as humanly possible!

This rock star starts out with a blast of correctly placed spices that are oddly sweet.
When i say "oddly sweet" I don't mean weird.
It's just reminiscent of decaying garbage and smegma, which /oddly/ enough, is kind of nice! :(
Then again, i'm never one to complain when something smells overly manly, or penis-like.
Which this one pulls off more than perfectly, TRUST ME!
I also COMPLETELY understand when some of you suggest that it has a "suede" note.
The fragrance in a way DOES remind me of a sweaty, disgusting, reeking leather jacket. And i wouldn't have it any other way!

I approve!

Smell: 8
Longevity: 3
Sillage: 5

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

An intense, peppery opening (that can only be deliberate) of bergamot, cumin and white pepper, like nothing I've seen before.
Almost like Bang but without the smokiness.
The base of sap, moss and fir is very clear here, when the pepper settles it is a lil mote bearable, I don't think the scent is cheap, but hard to wear.
This is a real rock'n'roll scent if you ask me, but I'm undecided on if I can wear it.
For $8 I'm easily willing to find out.

FruitDiet
FruitDiet

I was so thrilled by the originality of this that I paid a ridiculous $20 for it, even though I hate KISS and when would I ever want to feel this cheap?

But seriously, I see it as a descendant of Angel, because for the first five minutes it presents a shocking and somewhat sickening battle between an armpitty overdose of cumin and a pink hard candy smell that would be at home in KISS's celebrity fragrance sisters. The fleeting, borderline imaginary cumin note that people make such a big deal about in the reissued Femme has NOTHING on this- the cumin is GORGEOUS. But just for those five minutes; after that it fades into a slightly stale, sweet chemical smell that sticks around for ten minutes, and then disappears completely. Too bad, as it showed such promise.

Me being me, I kept trying to wear this, kept hoping that it was an unsung masterpiece. Not so- I trashed my bottle so I wouldn't be tempted to wear it. If you get a chance, smell it- it's a thrill and a half while it lasts!

PieRat

I like the combination of the notes here. Dare I say it has an Armani Code / Black Suede Touch thing going on with the pepper? That is the resemblance I get when I smell this. Though it has its own unique tendencies.

My only concern here is the longevity. There is a close out store that has 3.4oz bottles of this juice for 6 bucks! I am going to pick up a couple no matter how the longevity is just because the scent here is unusual.

I think I also smell lavender and something suede-like here, but in any case, it's well done and worth the low price it's currently selling for. If you hate cumin or anise, you should certainly sample first. Longevity is very good but projection drops off quite a bit after a couple of hours. Is it niche quality? No, but it's close enough for the price. It's fairly natural, has good dynamism, is well balanced, and has no rough edges. Think of Opium Pour Homme EdT with some twists added to it, such as the "dirty" cumin.

UPDATE: I wore this today, not long after wearing Le Dix, and noticed a similar violet-like quality. Sure enough, on the box it says it contains ionone gamma methyl, which has a powdery violet aspect to it. My main issue with this scent has been that the base notes seem to be really weak but if you find that to be the case try spraying twice or three times as much as you usually do. It's so inexpensive right now that is hardly a major issue.

UPDATE #2: I just wrote up a long review of this one on my Bigslyfragrance blog, for those interested.

KISS was the top selling rock group in the 70s and had over 100,000 fans and no #1 hit song, that's sayin something. So when I saw they had a fragrance pair, I expected a typical commercial trendy release and a cheap synthetic blend that smelled just like everything else. When I found a 1 oz EDT in a discount department store for $4.99, I bought it, more out of curiosity than a serious cologne. Well, guess what? They are still rockin in the 21st century, and their scent is a real solid, sexy fragrance with a rock'n'roll feel and mature aura...

The scent is sweet but fresh. The bergamot's juicy green gives way to spices like anise, caraway and pepper. This comes off smooth, warm and kind of powdery. It smells rich but not flashy. The drydown is exotic with clean sandalwood, resinous balsam fir and velvety moss. It was my sister's favorite out of the eight or so fragrances I bought that day and she has a 'sensitive' nose. If this is what an aging rock star smells like, then I'm calling 'Dr Love'...

Sillage: good
Longevity: above average
Overall: 4/5

I never thought I would like KISS until I gave them a real listen in the late eighties and I did not think I would like either of these scents but both the men's and the women's are quite impressive and blew me away...

instantjim
instantjim

I bought this for novelty value. It was $10 Aus at a local chemist and I thought "why not?"

I had read a lot of negative reviews on another website, with words to the effect that "it smells like sweaty old rock star". As I like Yatagan and Kouros, the "sweaty rock star" description was no deterrent for me. I find that it has a similar feel to Diesel Plus Zero: it is sweet (rather than sweat) and spicy. The spice is quite strong, but there is nothing nasty or gross about it. As Tzoutzou78 said it is quite elegant.

The longevity is not great on me and after 3 hours it is very subdued and reminds me somewhat of Versace Man (though on me Versace Man smells weird).

There is nothing 'dirty' smelling about Kiss Him, it is a pleasant fragrance which is well worth the price it is sold for.

tzoutzou78
tzoutzou78

I bought this for my beloved boyfriend,who is afan of the band.I was expecting something very commercial,or another bland fragrance.But it turned out to be something very wearable and quite elgant.the cumin note is quite distintive ,and the whole composition reminds alitlle bit of Cartier" Declaration,but in alighter version.Lasting power is ok about 4 to 5 hours.. i d recommend this one for everyday use..since in my opinion is very wearable..

Kiss Him by Kiss Cosmetics 3.28 out of 5 based on 55 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kiss Cosmetics Kiss Him fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Kiss Cosmetics Kiss Him, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kiss Him by Kiss Cosmetics. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kiss Him by Kiss Cosmetics represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.