Designers » I-K » Woody Chypre « Groups

Kiton Men Kiton for men

Kiton Men Kiton for men
dislike

Kiton Men Kiton for men Pictures

Kiton Men by Kiton is a Woody Chypre fragrance for men. Kiton Men was launched in 1996. Top notes are sage, bergamot, amalfi lemon and pineapple; middle notes are lily-of-the-valley and violet; base notes are musk, oakmoss, virginia cedar and tonka bean.

Sage Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Pineapple

edge42
edge42

Freshness in a tuxedo - ★★★★

How does it smell?
Think of a hybrid between Creed Green Irish Tweed and Creed Aventus, minus the heavy birch smokiness and leather, and you’ll be pretty close. Kiton Men reeks of refinement with bitter-sweet florals sweetened with bergamot, lemon and pineapple. Musky violet flowers highlight the heart of Kiton Men, eventually being joined by a familiar but pleasant oakmoss, cedar and tonka backdrop. The end result smells fresh, sophisticated and you could even say sexy. Kiton Men is freshness in a tuxedo.

Performance and seasons?
If you’re looking for a sillage bomb, this isn’t it. Refinement is Kiton Men’s ace in the hole and it’s played again here. Longevity is good, this easily lasts me the entire workday. Projection and sillage are firmly planted in the middle, though I get constant whiffs of this throughout the day (even well into the evening) but you’re not going to leave a big scent trail. This is a gentleman’s fragrance in every way.

Definitely a fragrance for year round and easily signature-worthy, the same way Chanel’s Pour Monsieur could be a man’s one and only bottle. I wear this more in the spring/summer and fall.

Is it any good?
This is one of the most refined, luxurious smelling fresh scents I’ve ever put my nose on and I find it vastly more satisfying than Green Irish Tweed for instance. If you value refinement, class and in this case uniqueness in your fragrances, Kiton Men is a must try. Definitely under most people’s radar, but why is a mystery to me. Highly recommended.

4 Stars ★★★★

burgundyaltima

i have samples of this..if anyone interested..a good way to try before you buy!

burgundyaltima

First spray smells like rubbing alcohol.. seconds later its almost identical to Bond no 9 Chez Bond ... few minutes after that the dry down is slightly sweet and powdery ..reminds me of so many things cant really put my finger on it lol laundry detergent? powdery dry down of Prada D'homme? Bvlgari BLV? scented lotion? or shaving cream??! either way..its a very clean scent..smells great just afraid it seems too close to skin

kinetisphere
kinetisphere

this is one of those fragrances that everyone seems to have a distinct outlook on.

my experience with it is...

it starts of with a semi green slightly sweet sage/violet and pineapple blast. very refreshing!
kinda like that first sip of a fizzy fanta drink. just not as sweet as a soda. a very mild sweetness.

the pineapple last though out most of the life span of this fragrance and slowly fades away at the end.

after a 30-45 minute mark the top note drys down to a light musky and clean cedar smell. to my nose cedar is a soft and sweet smell already so they go together very well. it does have a kinda scratchy effect through out it's life and i think that is the oakmoss or could still be the sage holding on.

in this fragrance i find that it has just a hint of florals. there is a little lily of the valley in this but not overwhelming and very classy.

this scent reminds me of something you would wear during a more dressed up situation. anything from a suit and tie to just a nice dress shirt and some slacks. it is versatile and could be worn with anything at almost any time of the year.

it just exudes sophistication and makes me think of it as a scent to wear during those times of need.

i give this one higher ratings cause it just says quality all around.

longevity and sillage are really good on me.
and the quality like i said is up there.

my rating of this is 8 out of 10.

definetly a classic scent and classy but simple fragrance.

** just my opinions on this fragrance.
hope you enjoyed.
thank you.

Layzie
Layzie

Kiton Men opens with a fresh, light citrusy scent. The lemon is quite prominent! Soon the fruity notes evanesce, and the florals become the stars. It gives the wearer a feeling of cleanliness. Once it all settles, the perfume is musky, woody, and slightly salty-aquatic. There is an air of nature about it. Kiton Men is a likable fragrance with good longevity.

christianne1
christianne1

I have not smelled this in a number of years, possibly 10, but at the time I smelled it I thought it was the best smelling men's fragrance EVER. It was tasteful and unique and smelled like nothing else I had ever smelled at the time. I got it for my boyfriend but ended up wearing it myself because I just couldn't stop smelling it. When I just see the name "Kiton" I immediately think "mmmmm". As a matter of fact, I think I may go see if I can find a sample to purchase to revisit this heavenly scent again....

onronr007
onronr007

This is the BEST smell everrrr!! just try it ;)

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A masculine fragrance, ahead of its time, which is sexy and sporty with good projection and longevity..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 4 hours. 1.25 foot projection. This is man in a bottle- sexy and very sporty but I most associate this with a man in a suit doing Sales..Violet with small fruitness, some musk with a remote creamy tonka bean, but no notes really stand out as this is a concoction. Ages 26- 38. A similar fragrance to this is Moschino Forever EDT Pour Homme which is 60% the same, with the difference being that Moschino has a much more tangy fruit edge.

4 hours - 6 hours - 4 inch projection. Tonka bean smoothness comes out a little more

6 hours - 7.5 hours - 2 inch projection

7.5 hours - 9 hours. Close to skin

Good

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

The top and the heart are super nice......... Then come the generic musky base. Damn!

luvlyjoyce
luvlyjoyce

my boyfriend at the time wore this the entire time we were together, loved it, it was him. He was kind, loving, gentle, confident, generous, and very manly just like this scent. It reminds me of central park, his apartment, the streets of nyc walking in his arms, his sweetness, everything about him.. I have never recognized this scent anywhere else, it is unique. Only a sweet guy should wear this. I will not try to get it because the only time i should smell it again is on him but i'd like to find it in a store and have one sniff.. and now the scent is somewhere warm,confortable and sad at the same time in my memory because we are not longer together, I will never forget this smell because he was the love of my life...

mersilover84
mersilover84

sprayed this on my arm today at the mall. NOT impressed at all. ends up smelling like rubbing alcohol on my skin.

Deefit
Deefit

I wore this about 10 years ago, because it was something different from what everybody else was wearing. Last week I noticed a tester bottle and I just had to smell it again. Instant memories!

A sophisticated fragrance that is timeless and can be worn by men of any age.

shahraam
shahraam

نمیدونم چطور میشه بوی این عطر رو توصیف کرد به نظر من خیلی شیک ومدرن هست من همیشه یه شیشه از این عطر رو باید داشته باشم . اگر سیگاری باشین ترکیبش با بوی سیگار فوق العاده هست

gd15329
gd15329

AND MOM SAID: "SON... YOU ARE A MAN NOW... BE A SIMPLE KIND OF MAN"

This was my very first "real fragrance". I go to the shop with my mom (she came to visit me, and she want to buy me a present, so...) and she said: "We want a nice fragrance for this young man over here". A guy in white like a doctor about 42 looked at me and said... "Hmmm... I might have just the right thing, over here, follow me..." Voila! That was it. Love on first site.

I use 2/3 of the bottle and I was in love with my smell, until the voice inside said... "maybe you should check out something else..." that was the day "kiton go to sleep" on my shelf until this day.

You served me well old friend... I'll always have feelings for you.

Longevity / Sillage: Good but not very strong
My Total Score: 7.5/10

Ale
Ale

Very similar to "Brooksfield Royal Blue", now discontinued,which,however,is much more better.
In fact, these two fragrances have in common the notes of violet,clary sage,lemon,musk,cedar and oakmoss.
Kiton is a very good fragrance but Royal Blue is a true masterpiece.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Its my 4th bottle now, i love this one because of its subtle scent it doesnt SHOUT.
You can see it beginning in bottle design which is dull... but hey im loving the scent not the bottle !
I cant describe the ingredients because im still learning the notes and names of scents but i will describe it :

Its a perfect match for a business man in a suit or a daddy who loves to wear scents aging from 25 plus till 60 yrs old.
It tells a story thats says im reliable
like a cozy kind of smell.
Its strong and subtle...it gives me a warm feeling Got many people compliments wearing it so it DOES draw attention in a good way.
I always can wear this one but best in end summer autum and winter...great sillage!! longetivity is ok
For me its a winner

jcastano
jcastano

This was quite the find for me. After hearing about the much hyped Kiton Black, I had to try its older brother. For me, this scent wasn't too impressive but indeed did not disappoint. Judging from the notes, I was expecting a sweet floral, possibly warm at its base...something similar to Lanvin L'Homme or Uomo? by Moschino but instead, a dry, green floral was the main theme.

Much like the reviews have already stated, this fragrance is dominated by a heavy violet note, the same violet note in Green Irish Tweed and Fahrenheit but closer to GIT. It also has that same green freshness in GIT's opening that actually lasts throughout the duration of this scent, although a bit synthetic. As a matter of fact, Kiton Man is a great alternative to GIT and for about $100 less, I'd say it's a bargain. I truly mean that it is identical, maybe a few subtle differences but VERY FEW if not any!

The opening of Kiton Man is very odd. It's tangy and tart while also being bitter and dry, like biting into a grapefruit and tasting the skin, but once it settles down after about 20 minutes, the violet dominant floral heart gradually transitions and soon the base adds a lighly sweetened accord with a dry oakmoss and cedar and a light musk. By no means is this warm or rich in nature, but rather light, very green, and slightly fresh. Also, it's not sickly sweet as some reviews might lead you to believe, which is why I got it in the first place. Instead, the sweetness is very subdued. Projection is moderate with a scent cloud for about 3-4 hours and longevity is about 8+ hours on my skin. It's good dressed up or down and in all seasons except winter.

Finally, I recommend this for anyone 20 and up. A young guy in jeans to an older gentleman in a suit can pull this off nicely. What's great is the first time I wore it, I received a mass amount of compliments.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I don’t know how I missed this one. I bought it right away. Nice for business. Not wild but a good overall smell

scardenas
scardenas

ONE WORD : SEXY

guest_Rousak
guest_Rousak

Unique,not similar to any other scent.
Safe but not boring.... got compliments about this.
Really suitable in office

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

My friend's boyfriend used to wear this scent and it was really good, it really caught my attention. It is so different, so unique. To me it smelled blue and salty, like the beach it must've been some type of association that I created when I smelled this. It is a soft scent but it does smell fabulous! Not sure about longevity. I would say this was kind of an avant garde for it was a fruity floral fragrance for men in 1996 not very common back then. Try to purchase this to give as a gift but is really hard to find. I ended up buying Kiton Black.

Sektor_nl
Sektor_nl

My former signature scent and an absolute fragrantic masterpiece in my opinion.

Kiton is a unique, sophisticated perfume: in it's topnotes it's floral yet subtly masculine and fresh yet warm.
The drydown is fantastic, it's warm and slighty sweet (thanks to the tonka bean) mixed with the subtle traces of the floral middle notes violet and lilly of the valey.
The longevity is fine too, Kiton will get you through the day.

Although Kiton is not a loud scent, it will definitely get you noticed! I've received compliments about it from both men and women. Highly recommended!

Kiton Men by Kiton 4.09 out of 5 based on 133 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kiton Kiton Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kiton Kiton Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kiton Men by Kiton. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kiton Men by Kiton represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.