Designers » I-K » Chypre Floral « Groups

Knize Two Knize for men

Knize Two Knize for men
dislike

Knize Two was introduced in 1978 as a fresh floral cyhpre fragrance. It opens with green notes, aldehydes, galbanum, petit grain, bergamot and lemon. Rose, jasmine, carnation, iris and violet are in the heart, followed by the base of cedar, sandalwood, moss, musk, tonka bean and ambergris.

Knize Two is available as 50 and 125 ml Eau de Toilette.

Galbanum Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Aldehydes Green Notes Petitgrain

Carnation iris Jasmine Rose Violet

Musk Sandalwood oak moss Virginia Cedar Amber Tonka Bean

Knize Two Fragrance Reviews

shamus1
shamus1

If you are a fan of Givenchy's Insense, you will probably like Knize Two very much. It's a clean, crisp floral scent that always maintains a cool, wet vibe, which it gets from violet. Nice moss and green notes augment this excellent composition, with some rose and geranium to add a touch of dry floral sweetness.

Except for the presence of violet, I smell no similarity to Grey Flannel. Knize Two is a lot smoother than Grey Flannel, plus more flowery.

This is a very classy scent, definitely gentlemanly in style. Not the kind of scent you'd want to wear with ripped jeans, sweatshirt and a baseball cap.

MY RATING: 9/10

DCE
DCE

Eugh, this was unfortunately a scrubber for me.

Poor choice as a sample for me, as this is powder floral. Perhaps some guys like that, but not me.

Opened up on me as that grandma face powder smell, and mixed with indescribable oddities,

perhaps because i was instantly turned off by it, ive not managed to really get to grips with it, but sadly that isnt going to happen anyway!

not on my list of wants!

spartan
spartan

Starts out smelling so much like A woman's rose floral perfume that I almost washed it off. The Feminine rose note last for at least one hour before finally developing into what is at the heart of this fragrance. What's at the heart you wonder, well Leather of course! It's Knize what else but a wonderful soft buttery leather. I Love what this turns into but I just can not deal with smelling like grandma for the first hour or so to get there. Knize Two, Your Out.
Gray Flannel is A much better choice over this as well as Hermes Narcisse Bleu. Both are very similar and more masculine.
On A final thought, this would make A wonderful scent on the right woman. I can see A 30+ old strong confidant woman pulling this off flawlessly.

jtd
jtd

Western fashion adheres to gender dictates, and attire been the greatest prop in the theater of gender.  Men dress in one manner; women, another.  Current standards tend to emphasize a hyper-gendered presentation of self through dress and grooming.  Women in the self-confinement of higher heels than ever.  Men packaged in increasingly conservative, less adorned trousers-shirt-jacket combinations.  And it’s all so coded!  Every detail is meant to convey a particular, trivial meaning.

Knize Two comes from an era that favored individuality over clonish-ness and group-style.  (Christ, I miss the 70s.)  It is also produced by a bespoke fashion firm that has its roots in an era and an esthetic that, while it catered to a masculine tradition, emphasized beauty.

Women, feel free to raid my medicine chest and grab my bottle, but I am ecstatic to see such a pretty perfume sold to men!  Knize Two doesn’t simply happen to be fetching, it plays up the exact features that we define as pretty.  It is a sharp floral with an expressive wake.  Is noticeable and it speaks of intention. It doesn’t call attention to itself dandy-style like a fougère, which shouts to the world, “I engage vigorously in hygiene!”  Knize Two is noticeable as a floral aldehyde is noticeable. It says, “I stopped, considered and took a moment to put on a lovely perfume.”

Knize Two is a gorgeous exception to the rule a masculine floral is doomed to failure.

from scent hurdle.com

Jaakiem
Jaakiem

I find this hard to wear. It reminds me of Grey flannel. They both has same kind of laundry detergent vibe going on. Green smell with some soft florals.

This has very little sweetness, so if you are looking for soapy, dry flowers, this might work for you.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Green and smooth with rounded edges and legible violet. It smells like a Merle Norman lipstick sample from 1980. Fun to sniff.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

It feels like walking in my green flowery childhood dream! What a gorgeous beauty you are Knize Two.. I d never guessed from the bottle, packaging , name.. and then, if I sprayed it on it s unbelievable jummy. Of course you have to be a lover of the old type floral chypres, lots of aldehydes and all the right (for my nose:) prude flowers like a stunning waterfresh dripping violet, soapy rose, powdery iris, night blooming jasmine.. swooon.. even if no one else would discover its beauty, I don t care.. leave it to me!!:) THis is for men?? Laughing out loud..:) it s sure a great feminine perfume and maybe only for THE man who dares to wear such a flower power chypre:) Thank you KNIZE! Now I will go for the TEN! Only for men???:)

A promising opening with a clean mix of aldehydes, green notes and a very hidden hint of almond. In the middle phase rose and jasmine play a big role turning Knize Two into a soapy-floral fragrance that's still quite interesting but maybe a little too mannered. In the drydown I still get a lot of jasmine and rose alternating as if they were jumping out of synchrony on a dry woody base.

Overall Knize Two is a nice composition and a good alternative to the huge amount of fresh "non-fragrances" available on the market. It has a great longevity and a good sillage, but most of all it has the special retrò-feel that makes of it quite an unique fragrance. Lovers of Caraceni 1913 should definitely give this a try...

8/10 if you like rose

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Knize Knize Two fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Knize Knize Two, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Knize Two by Knize. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Knize Two by Knize represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.