Designers » I-K » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit Korres for women and men

Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit Korres for women and men
dislike

Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit Korres for women and men Pictures Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit Korres for women and men Pictures

Cult Greek brand of Korres presents three fragrances for various moods. Their names are composed of names of ingredients which dominate the scents, and they arrive in the same glass flacons inspired by old pharmacy bottles. Minimalism and simplicity reflect on the form and colour. Unconventional design expresses bold, modern, elegant and utterly simple approach to creation of these three compositions.

Fragrant octaves change, ranging from fruit to spices, from woody accords to herbs. Rosewood, cyclamen, cardamom, jasmine, pepper, saffron and passion fruit are complimentary with aromatic compositions, balancing luxury and simplicity, classicism and modern style.

The third decoration of the collection is Pepper Jasmine Guaiac Wood Passion Fruit. This spicy-oriental is decorated with nuances of gold. Unusual and warm concept of this unisex perfume opens with spices and fresh notes of anise and citruses along with sandalwood and vanilla. Jasmine in a heart contributes to intensive, opulent, exotic-floral impact mixed with passion fruit and Guaiac wood. A base is spiced up with pepper combined with unusual aromas of white chocolate, greenery and peach.

The fragrance is available in amount of 100 ml EDT and colour of its liquid is green. Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit was launched in 2009.

Citruses Anise Sandalwood Vanilla

Jasmine Guaiac Wood Passionfruit

Peach Pepper White Chocolate Green Notes

Eau des Baux
Inahe

Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit Fragrance Reviews

nero77
nero77

A little bit of everything...

This is my first time trying a fragrance from Greece. Korres is an "aromatherapy" company which specialises in "natural" and "chemical free" fragrances (great for vegans, vegetarians... and people with allergies and sensitivity to fragrance). This is their "unisex" creation, centred around Jasmine, Pepper and Guaiac wood.

So what does it smell like? Well, it's a complex one. I straight away get anise and citrus, but this fades away quickly. What I really get is what I can describe as a sweet, woody vibe throughout. The main combination is white chocolate and sandalwood, and they complement each other beautifully. The reason is because pure sandalwood has a very "creamy" aspect to it, and when combined with the chocolate gives it a very smooth, gourmand aspect. The guaiac wood is not a note that I get here very much, but the fragrance does have a slightly dry, woody aspect, so this may be the black pepper... and yes, I do get the jasmine, it is sitting around the edges of this fragrance, but always there, giving it a fresh lift-up. Passion fruit, combined with the pepper gives it a citric, but very faint acidic-fruity smell, and the peach completes the fragrant, fruity undertone. Overall it works great though. It's good stuff.

I think this is one that works best in the autumnal season, and also in the springtime. I have no problem with longevity here, this lasts over 6 hours on my skin. I think for the price and complexity of this fragrance you cannot really go wrong. It smells different to a lot of other stuff out there. Certainly unisex but in my opinion leaning slightly more feminine. Either way, a fantastic combination. Well done Greece! A good creation from a unique house.

Yohji
Yohji

This old type of apothecary bottle - strict and minimalistic and slightly crazy scent from it make me think of a mad professor who let her hair down and instead of medicine from cough invented a fragrance.
There are three main ingredients on me - guaiac, pepper and vanilla... Jasmine?..where are youuuuu?..?.. Peach and citruses?.. nope, not these ones either, or they might just went for a walk along with passion fruit) Doesnt matter, its good as it is. I cant call it perfume, but for sure its an aromatherapy in a bottle, I noticed people tend to like a lot scents like that, it makes them curious, and you feel comfortable having it on your skin.

Osmin
Osmin

I do not wear it often, because it is hard to find an occasion to fit it in. On the positive side it definitely draws attention. The opening is spicy and the most beautiful and mysterious I ever smelt. Sillage is good for the first three hours or so; then it subsides. Another negative is the drydown; (after 8 hours) the odour of a melted chocolate which lingers for hours after the application. Not for warm climates.

If you like the opening try Volutes by Diptyque, it is similar and remains the same for hours. But PJGWPF is more Unisex.

smellME
smellME

Let's make it short ...

Lovely fresh natural top notes, citruses , anise and vanilla- lovely
A toned down jasmine to give space for the woods and passion fruit.
The pepper is always nice to spice up a perfume.
The peach is barely there but I get the choclate.
Very well composed perfume !
More on the feminine side , for a unisex.
Lovely , soft with interesting notes !

A Keeper !

Yerdan
Yerdan

After being a happy owner of Korres' Saffron Amber Agarwood Cardamom and Vetiver Root Green Tea Cedarwood I was quite surprised by this one.
Both other perfumes are quite warm and comforting in their own ways, in any case easy to enjoy and rewarding.
Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood (the current product's name has no passion fruit) achievement lies - as someone put it - in the nice balance between clean dryness and some sweetness.
The opening is somewhat sweet but very subdued. Soon the gaiac wood points out its nose, so the fine sweetness gets a milky or bready note. The pepper is quite strong in the middle notes. It gave me the impression of a dry papery cleanness, like freshly opened paper or snow or fresh linen which has frozen outside in winter.
Hard to say anything about the drydown because I couldn't detect any. After half an hour everything is gone.
It's a subtle and dynamic fragrance and it needs concentration to appreciate it fully.

likes2paint
likes2paint

I have Korres Pepper Jasmine and Gaiac Wood. No mention of the passion fruit!

Anyhoo - after wearing this perfume for a few hours, I get a floral tobacco smell on my wrist combined with a succulent melon smell. Perhaps this is the passion fruit coming through. Please forgive me because I have a small cold. There are nuances of small flowers floating off my wrist, combined with the above. A really nice scent for everyday because it is so pleasant.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I can't smell any jasmine or passionfruit in this woody and un-sweetened perfume. It is very masculine, and while I don't mind the odd masculine frag., I would not wear this one as it is very linear and uninteresting. IMO it is quite similar to M. Micallef's Gaiac Wood, or Gandini's Teak Wood. From the rave reviews I really expected more from this.

perfumebox
perfumebox

This fragrance is a perfect balancing act from start to finish.

It opens with pepper and jasmine, addictively spicy and ambery-sweet at the same time. Then as it dries down, it gets creamier and softer, as the white chocolate and woods come out. Again, it's a balancing act between sweet and dry, so it's comforting, but not overly sugary or juvenile.

This is one of those scents that sits close to your skin after the initial phase, but lasts for SUCH a long time despite being an EDT. My skin is notorious for not holding fragrances, but I can spray this on in the evening, and wake up still smelling it.

Timeless, delicious and totally unisex. I can imagine wearing this regardless of the season or occasion.

scentiment
scentiment

I was recently in Thessaloniki, in Greece. On my last day there I was actually on my way to Stemme (a fantastic little niche perfume store with GREAT and very knowledgable personnel where I ended up buying Nasomattos Narcotic Venus, but that's another story...) when I passed a pharmacy which was great since I needed to buy some lady products anyway.

I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw the Korres range. I had not heard of it before, and was excited to see they had several scents.
Being a Heliotrope-lover I tried their Heliotrope, Ylangylang, Citron, but heliotrope was too weak and frankly overpowered by the citron (citrus-scents don't work on my skin!) But when I tried the Pepper, Jasmine, Gaiac I knew I'd found the one.

This one is deliciously spicy, woody, warm, with that white floral to give it some of that "meaty" sophistication. It was PERFECT to wear on warm, breezy evenings by the sea in Halkidiki. It has a half-day lasting power on my skin which isn't too shabby for a "budget" EdT. It's not owerpowering , a perfect summer scent, but I believe it can also be worn later in the year when the yellowing leaves start dropping to the ground, thanks to the woody warmth. A great impulse purchase!

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Tried this today and immediately bought it...
Out of all korres perfumes this one has the best projection and longetivity.
The scent is warm and spicy and its almost identical with V&Rs spicebomb...
For me this one is 80% spicebomb and 20% Joop! homme...
The fact that korres perfumes are all organic and not toxic like mainstream brands its totally awsome as they are PERFECT to wear to sleep scents.
Longetivity is about 5 hours.
Overall im impressed by this one and korres should be an example to other perfume companies,so they might decrease some toxic ingredients they use...
Overall score 8.5/10

candy-datura
candy-datura

A very nice scent. Jasmine doesn't play separately, but in common accord. And there is some tartness, maybe due to guaiac. Very slightly reminded me of "CH Men" by Carolina Herrera. 10/10

Kchild
Kchild

I smell spicy and warm today! Why don't I wear this perfume more? It's so beautiful! It puts together for me a combination of notes that don't always work on my skin. This gorgeous woody, peppery fragrance is also creamy. It has a sweetish edge that softens the spice without making it pointless. They counter balance each other instead and become this edible sanctuary for your nose. You sniff and inhale and gobble up the air around you because it's irresistable...and it's you!

This is unique amoung my perfumes. It's early December, snowing out, and it glows like a fire on my skin. I'm putting this into heavy rotation. Usually when I choose something with this type of composition I regret it soon after because I feel like I'm trying to be someone that I'm not. This fragrance changes all of that for me. I have had this for a couple of years and I'm finally at a place where I'm no longer gun shy with it. It doesn't sneak up on me and become too masculine which is always a deal breaker for me. As a matter of fact, it never disappoints.....Korres Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit~I embrace you!

orchid_84
orchid_84

A beautiful scent from Korres. I do get the reference to Burberry Brit, especially in the tangy-sweet top notes. However, this fragrance is earthier, deeper and woodier than Brit...and much less vanillic. It also has a little more spice going on. While there is no patchouli here, the combination of sweet and deep woody-earthy notes recalls something of Chanel Coromandel for me. I haven’t read Turin & Sanchez's infamous fragrance guide, however I recall hearing that Turin had described Coromandel as “powdered white chocolate.” Given the prominent white chocolate note here, the parallel to Coromandel doesn’t seem so surprising.

This doesn’t smell particularly foody even with the white chocolate note. There is a warm balance of woodiness from the gaiac and sandalwood, spice from the pepper and anise, and sweetness from the white chocolate and vanilla. The fruits bring a hint of juiciness and pleasant astringency in the background, offsetting the drier wood notes. Jasmine Pepper Gaiac Wood has a lush, sweet, smooth feel…but never does it lose that underlying earthiness to anchor it. In my books, a perfectly comforting and casual fragrance for cold weather.

This is just stunning! It's a pinch of freshly ground black pepper smothered in rich, buttery white chocolate. The pepper is a bit of a nose tickler, but in a good way. Usually I can't handle pepper, but the notes in this perfume are so well balanced that the pepper becomes neutralized. Vanilla is also very prominent, making this perfume a bit gourmand without being overly so. As the perfume wears down, I do detect some sort of fruity undertone, but whether it's peach or passion fruit, I can't be sure. This reminds me of a Mexican hot chocolate--not because they smell the same, but because they are examples of how chocolate can be beautifully enhanced with spice when the spice is applied just right.

Update: I sampled this yet again recently, and it reminds me an awful lot of a perfume I own--Montale's White Aoud, which smells like white chocolate, and IMHO smells a little bit better than this. White Aoud has a bit of rose in it, and that is what really differentiates the two. They are too similar for me to own a full bottle of both.

marman
marman

A unisex fragrance but more feminine i think.
When i spray this on me i get a lot of alcohol and a strage-weird blend, spicy blend which i don't like it at all.
But after 2-3 minutes the fragrance becomes more and more warm,soft,creamy and oriental.
Its a good fragrance totally unisex.
I like to spray it on me when i wake up in the morning, drink a cup of hot coffee in a sofa and feel this warm oriental creamy gold touch of this fragrance!

Awatef
Awatef

best out of the collection.. cozy and has all the good flavors

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Impressed from beginning to end!

Beautiful for fall and cooler months. It makes me think of rum soaked raisins in a spiced apple cider. Tart, yet not sour, sweet but without the toothache, and beautifully blended with spices for the perfect balance. An autumn cocktail to warm the soul. I can picture cinnamon sticks and star anise floating in my cup too!

I realize that none of the notes I mentioned above are what are listed in the fragrance, but that is the impression I get.

It's woody, creamy, and delicious. A very unique gourmand. And full bottle worthy. It's going on my list of Loves!

sky76sky
sky76sky

Beeeea-uuuu-ti-fullll! Love at first wear - I could hardly move my nose from my wrist.

Like others, I have put off reviewing this fragrance because it is hard to pin down such an ethereal scent that seems to convey such a wealth of feelings to its wearer.

Rebella describes a "golden aura & feeling" - it really has this wonderful, rich glow. SCJS describes it as "haunting" - quite so!

Kastehelmi speaks of a "velvet cushion". When I first sampled PJGWP an image flooded my mind - a large crystal glass of ruby-red wine spilling over grapes & purple fruits on a silver salver atop a rich dark wooden table before the juice dripped & tumbled over a burgundy velvet cushion with gold silk piping. It would, indeed, be fit for "fantasy creatures".

In terms of notes it is hard to separate the threads from which this esquisite cloth has been woven. A rich, mellow red-fruit opener studded with pepper somehow remains mid-weight, fluid & free from the fashionable "froootiness" that sickens other scents.

There is a mellow muskiness that makes itself known right from the start - yet it, too, is a strange beast. This musk is not clean, soapy or animalic. It is like a cloud or a sigh in a forest.

Whirling & swirling around the soft fruits are wafts of sweet cherry pipe tobacco, oh-so-smooth woods with that resinous spicey kick of guaiac & a vanilla hug. It ages gracefully leaving you with whispers of itself many hours after your first encounter.

Although I find it a very womanly perfume there is a male element that makes me think of old B&W pictures of gals dressed as guys in top hat & tails....quirky, unusual yet very alluring.

It is a languid look from under heavily fringed lashes. It is a reclusive eccentric artist. It is the pulse of blood under a pale ivory wrist. It is the music of a silent forest. It is the dilation of a pupil in eyes of avarice. It is simply beautiful.

Surreal, harmonious and so very wearable. Want, want, want.

(Kastehelmi - thank you SO much for this introduction!)

SCJS
SCJS

I tried this on a few days ago, and today I had to run back to get it since it has been haunting me. It's not like any other perfume I've tried, either. With that said, the opening reminds me a bit about the woodier Chanel Egoïste (which is just as fantastic on me as this one, so don't hesitate to try Egoïste on simply because it's marketed as a men's fragrance) - they have the same tint of woodsy, sweet, burnt vanilla hiding under the sandalwood.

After three hours, I get a slight tint of cinnamon blended with the vanilla. It slowly unwraps the absolutely gorgeous white chocolate, which peaks about five hours after applying the perfume. Someone found the white chocolate "not sweet", but the chocolate notes are rather sweet on my skin. Luckily enough, they are not synthetic, girly girl-bubbly, though, but hidden in powdery, mature, burnt vanilla and delicately combined with a slight touch of pepper.

White chocolate-time is when I start to question the unisex label on this one... I can easily imagine this on a man, but he has to be old and sophisticated enough to pull it off, and wise enough not to combine it with the smell of deodorant, hair wax... or anything else. This fragrance needs its space. Oh, of course I might allow a whisper of tobacco smoke.

After seven hours I can still smell it close to my skin, and it's still beautiful, but almost silent and the white chocolate has turned the sandalwood (I'm afraid I can't detect the guaiac wood - I simply don't know what it's like) into an entirely different version of itself. Imagine the difference between a garden bathing in sunlight and the same garden during sunset. That's what the white chocolate does to the other notes.

A wonderful and complex fragrance that will change a lot from the opening to the last remains.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

The way this plays on my skin doesn't suggest a unisex fragrance in any way. In fact, to me it's like a really mellow version of Burberry Brit.

I was expecting something a little boutique from my first Korres, and it seems from other reviews there's some exoticism there, but I get a lot of vanilla and sandalwood on opening, that develops into some light, indistinguishable soft flowers and fruit--no sweet, tart tang characteristic of passionfruit. I don't get any wood, pepper, greenery or chocolate either.

It's a nice, comforting fragrance, but the evolution of the scent on me doesn't live up to its name.

kristen
kristen

I just want to find it. I love it. Does anyone know where I can get it online? Seems it was a limited edition, and no longer in US.

Migotka
Migotka

I think my expectations as for this fragrance after reading all those positive reviews and such delicious notes. I somehow expected to be blown away by it.

I think Korres's fragrances take a while to develop on skin, at first in all three cases I did not smell much. Then Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit develops, but rather unpromisingly, as a linear, woody-almost-monoscent. There is lots and lots of sandalwood. And even more sandalwood. Did I mention sandalwood?

And this is where it ends as well. I was waiting for white chocolate and peach and vanilla, but it the air around me got dominated by a note of wooden boards, freshly planes, laying in a hot sun. You feel the heat, you can feel the texture of the wood, and it lasts a decent while. But among the woody scents, I have other favourites.

tsth
tsth

Totally agree with rebella. I would only add that this gives the same vibe as Imperial Opoponax to me. It is golden...it could be considered feminine or masculine. After wearing for hours, I am now surprised to add that I get a great tobacco essence from this...it is a sweet fresh green tobacco that is not heavy and will be perfect for summer for the person who is used to and loves heavy winter gourmands...this one works for warmer months.UPDATE: I now like this better than when I first purchased. It works really nicely in the summer. I was walking with DH while he watered the garden...he sniffed the air and then asked if I could smell pipe tobacco? Promptly put arm under his nose...yup that was it...said it smelled like sweet pipe tobacco...I agree.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I won't review this fragrance in an orderly concise manner-the name is too long, the scent is too new, my feelings about it are too mixed-mixed between sheer delight, groggy pleasure and finding it too luxurious to know what to do with it (my bottle, and my wrist!)
This fragrance is appropriate for:

Women
Men
Transgender
Fantasy Creatures

It reminds me of:
A pasticceria
A velvet cushion
A garland of jasmine

Passionfruit pulp-strange, sweet, not so juicy, but completely new-a slight tanginess-haphazard articial attempts at synthesizing this unusual note and not combining it with complementary ingredients and expertise could result in grotesque "fruitiness", like flankers by Escada, or even worse.

The pepper is perfect for me-not the pepperiness that makes me sneeze, nor the sharp abstract pepper-It's more like eating pepper-a pleasant tingle instead of a prickliness.

Gaiac wood-WOW!-What a wood....

I am no gourmand-lover, and not a fan of white chocolate. I'm happy to say this is not a sweet-candy annoying white chocolate smell-it's well-blended, as a nice supporting character, making me smell neither foodie nor unsophisticated...
But I would still recommend this to gourmand-lovers! And Oriental-lovers, people who love warm, spicy unusual scents-people who love dark scents as opposed to light scents (dark, not heavy)-I also recommend it to those whose idea of "exotic-smelling" is wide and uncharted-people who can appreciate slightly unusual as cozy, those who don't depend on the drawn boundaries of declared olfactory groups.

Great for: Valentine's Day in Antartica

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

Undoubtedly, this fragrance is extremely soft and comforting - just the right thing one needs for the cold winter days. I didn't get impressed by the top notes but the drydown is exceptional with the unusual mix of pepper and white chocolate which are both very detectable on my skin. It's a pity this scent is impossible to find in my country! A must-try for all lovers of oriental fragrances!

rebella
rebella

For sure this is a perfume giving you a golden aura and feeling. Really, I am not sure if I want to write this review since this is such a beautiful, glowing, unique and comforting scent, that I rather have it for myself.

This is a perfect scent this time of year, it has a late summer/early autumn feel to it. It´s spicy, woody, oriental but in a very soft, caressing and happy way. Not at all heavy, but kind of a silent power house anyway.

The top note are really beautiful, anise and orange and vanilla, reminding a little fo SLs Douce Amere, but a little fresher, happier.

The heart notes are gorgeus, amazing. Like imagine a jasmine plant with sprakling golden flowers instead of whites. The gaiac note is kind of subdued, more giving a deep to the jasmine and passion fruit than a strong woody note. Like I am smelling of some kind of super lush, fruity, mouth watering jasmine. The scent is really personal, different but also familiar and very easy to love.

The pepper note in it give the scent a little and interesting edge, just enough never to much. The dry down may be the best part tough, or... The dry down is so cuddly, soft, sensual and comfy. Anything about it is golden, glowing, creamy, delicious...

It is a woody, no a gourmand, no a comfort, no a floriental... It´s all this, without getting to much of anything in my opinion. It isn´t even so sweet on me, perfectly sweet.

Good sillage, not so long lasting tough, wich is the only minus in my opinion. This good I could smell forever!

Msut try for anyone looking for a personal, unique fragrance experience. I haven´t yet tried it on my husband, but I think it works well on men to. It should be interesting to find out how it smells on my husband, I suspect this one can be a shape shifter on different kind of chemistry.

Excuse me while I kiss my wrist.

Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit by Korres 4.15 out of 5 based on 178 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Korres Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Korres Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit by Korres. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pepper Jasmine Gaiac Wood Passion Fruit by Korres represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.