Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Parfum D'Or Kristel Saint Martin for women

Parfum D'Or Kristel Saint Martin for women
dislike

Parfum D'Or Kristel Saint Martin for women Pictures

Parfum D'Or was launched in 1986. The fragrance is pure luxury, glitter and celebration of life. Opulent and voluptuous, it opens with notes of orange blossom, mandarin, violet and cyclamen. In the heart are: ylang-ylang, rose, jasmine, lilac, plum, peach, pineapple and clove. Amber, patchouli, sandalwood and musk provide sensuality and femininity to the composition.

Available as 30, 60 and 100 ml EDP and 150 ml deodorants.

African Orange flower Mandarin Orange Violet Cyclamen

Protagonista Pour Femme

Parfum D'Or Fragrance Reviews

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

Another spectacular clone to Amarige De Givenchy.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I had never heard of this fragrance until it showed up as a swap option; the notes sounded interesting to me, and I am realizing I enjoy fragrances from the 70’s-90’s.

The initial impression is one of honeyed pineapple, and mimose (despite it not being listed) with a tiny hint of lily of the valley. This definitely has a similar quality to other older fragrances (Wings and Beverly Hills by Giorgio come to mind, and also Red Door), especially early on—that fruity-floral fragrance that is rather like canned or cooked fruit, in particular peaches. In fact, it makes me remember my childhood, a child hood full of canned peaches, canned pears and canned fruit salad. While I much prefer fresh fruit to eat, I find that the round and slightly more concentrated fruit notes in fragrances from earlier decades are much preferable to some of the lighter, transient “fresh fruit” notes of modern perfumes. In addition to this canned fruit note, there is a light woody muskiness.

After that canned fruit note in the first hour, the perfume fades into what I think is a floral aldehyde—which is unusual, as I typically find aldehydes come first. There is the light, papery, transparent smell that seems to be lifting and sifting the floral elements into something finer and more sheer. I think this element could also be the violet, and maybe even a thin woody layer of patchouli (?)—maybe this is the woody muskiness I smelled earlier as it fades and becomes more subtle. It is quite elegant and understated. At first I was afraid (in the fruity stage) that this would be a sillage monster, but it has calmed down considerably. Something worth trying for the 80’s perfume lovers; or if you want to try what I might call a fruit-salad-floral to break up the monotony of the pale fruity florals on the market now.

dioradddict
dioradddict

does anyone know about parfum d´or elixir, the one with round bottle? does it smell similar, is it the same or not? we don´t have it yet in the database here

Tine1world

I know. This one is so enigmatic. Should not compare. Now that I see a list next to this I do realise that it is in fact a slightly sweeter version at least on me today as 'Ysatis'.

Cheers T.

mymlan
mymlan

A sweet fruity floral, mainly a peach, violet and sandalwood mix with a pinapple infusion in the top. In the heart there are classic flowers like jasmine and rose. In the end it has a little dash of patchouli that adds a some creaminess, and amber to add some more sweetness.

It's nice and wellcrafted but not very original. If I didn't have so many other perfumes Parfum d'Or would maybe be a good daytime perfume for me in the same way that I like Bvlgari pour Femme. But now, as the fragrance geek I am, I guess it would end up as a dust collector in my perfume cupboard, as it would have too much competition.

Tine1world

This one comes and goes in stores here and availability. 100 mills is available for 15 Aussie dollaroozies right now at various outlets and chemist's. It's a classic. Best value for money next to Jeanne Arthes fragrances. Which are almost impossible to source here as there are no distributors for Jeanne's range in Asia pacific. D'or I suspect is being released right now for Christmas. Many Nanna's will be getting this in their Christmas stockings this year. But I don't believe you have to be a granny to enjoy this. It's a very good scent. A good alternative to Estee Lauder's Knowing, but lighter, and little bit like Ivoire by Pierre Balmain.

Cheers T.

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

I didn't know this perfume existed here..I first had had this perfume from my ex-husband when we were still newely engaged ..In fact it was expensive back then & he bought me the gift set with the deo spray as well , which was certainly nice of him...But honestly I never liked it at all and I couldn't wear it !! It had a very weird synthetic note like rust , now I know this note is peach + musk combined with the patchouli ,not in a good fresh way as I prefer ..If you wanna a closer description this is like the ugly sister of Gucci Rush ..Sorry to all fans but it wasn't a successful marriage nor a successful scent for me ...

malikado
malikado

first i didn't like it
but my husband liked it ..
after wearing it for a couple of days
i found that its a good one but not my type
i was not 30 yet :)

Nelken
Nelken

This smells really nicely feminine, elegant and almost "vintage".
But I am afraid it doesn't combine well with my skin, because after a while it just smells like furniture polish...you know the ones that are supposed to contain beeswax.And lots of almost over-ripe fruits.
It is very affordable where I live( 10€)so I can't say I regret buying it. I enjoy wearing it now and then, but I won't re purchase and on the whole I find it too quiet and conventional. Anyway, I need to find some fresh notes in a fragrance, and it is not the case here. Well, gold is generally associated with warmth, I should have known better...

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Instant love, I love Cabotine therefore this one is great. Only difference is this is a slight richer than Cabotine making it a little better for the winter. I love it! Can be worn by all ages for all seasons. Very feminine.

Happy Perfuming!

jmbmars
jmbmars

It took a while for D'or to grow on me and finally it did. It smells nice and lasts at least 6-8 hrs. I have to wait 15 min. for the strong top notes to settle.

lisaivette
lisaivette

This smells similar to Gres Cabotine, but with more sweet peachiness.Very pretty and feminine. Bottle is lovely too!

ingahoberg
ingahoberg

A blind buy, made after reading reviews, looking at the lovely bottle and great price. I do like it, but it is so similar to Avon "Facetts" of which I have 3 bottles that I really did not need it! It will make a fabulous gift!

Jewelsie42
Jewelsie42

This scent is gorgeous, rich, opulent and delightful! It transported me back in time to the early nineties when I wore Ysatis and Amarige by Givenchy. It is very reminiscent of Ysatis to me, a well balanced floral on a woody, musky chypre base. There is nothing loud or harsh about this parfum. It's soft, powdery, sexy and elegant. I definately owe a debt of gratitude to "Your Foxiness" for suggesting this to me; you were right on the money honey--many thanks!!
It opens with a burst of sweet citrus from the mandarin and orange blosson, transitions smoothly into the heart where the clove is blended so well it adds a touch of spice but is not overpowering and drys down into a sexy musky, sandalwood base with just a hint of patchouli (the dry sweet kind)...oh it's heaven, I adore this parfum. and it was a bargain to boot!! Less than $30.00 US dollars with shippingfrom ebay, for 100ml of the edp!...To my beloved Ysatis, I believe I may have found a new love, or at least Kristel Saint Martin Parfum d'or will be my favorite chick on the side ;-))

Lumiere
Lumiere

I like this warm happy scent, it is deep honey that poured over fruit tea, so sweet that it seems bees will fly over :)) It is sweet in non-sickening way, kind of natural honey sweet-you know it's very sweet whenu taste it, but scent is just a hint about it. Overall I would not hesitate to carry a small bottle in my bag to help me through the day:)

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

i tried this at a fragrance shop and spent serious time testing at nordstrom's afterwards. this effervescent beauty opens to me with almost a sniff of fresh wheat beer, or champagne, probably the pineapple. it then opens up to bubbly, bright fruits and a breath of flowers, while the patchouli and woods keep it grounded. really an underestimated perfume. it gives the feel of an old chypre somehow without oakmoss, or any mustiness. sunny, bright, very multifaceted. its a must wear to appreciate, this has a lot of average "fruity floral" notes, but has far more to offer. oddly, a feel of "coco m" style lightness with class. i bought the gorgeous bottle after wearing that test spritz for about 5 hours. it stays with you as well! an UNDERESTIMATED BEAUTY!

A wonderful scent - I will call it fruity gourmand. Its fruity-sweet and a bit heavy. No edgy or sharp notes. A bit heavy and a bit 90's. Great partyscent. Spray carefully and its goŕgeous, spray a little to much and this will be a nosepuncher.

Härlig doft - jag vill kalla den fruity gourmand. Den är fruktsöt och lite tung. Inga skarpa doftnoter. Lite tung och lite 90-tal över denna. Suverän partydoft. Lite är lagom av denna annars kan det bli en rumsdödare.

fayez188
fayez188

اول عطر اشمه مع زوجتي ليلة الدخلة 1996

وكان خيالي ومن ذاك الوقت لم اشمه بس رائع

For my nose it opens and develops like J.Arthes Cobra,but the drydown of D'Or is much more refined and smooth-and somewhat like honeyed plums.Average sillage,but great longevity.

onimoka
onimoka

Have ordered this one blind, based on the reviews. This is trughly a tresure! From the very first sniff you are back to the late 80´s and mid 90´s. Long lasting. Transforms gently and becomes very classy and expensive smelling. It is not loud it is sexy :)
Does not cost a fortune but not easy to find. Just got my second bottle from the Amazone. Usually, I am not buying few bottles of the same fragrance, but I sure did this time.

OK I must admit this one has me hooked. It is truly beautiful. I love the fruity opening, lots of peaches, plums and pears, though no pear is listed. After the fruits come the gorgeous flowers. They are smooth, luxurious, and elegant. The rich floral heart last a good long time and then the smooth sandalwood settles in
with a touch of musk, so lovely. I think Takeasniff's review was very good. It reminds me of Jardin de Bagatelle by Guerlain. The elegance and flowers are very similar. I do not smell the amber or patchouli at all though. There is nothing sharp or tangy about this ultra feminine scent. This is such a smooth scent it can be worn anytime of year, but it may have too much silage for the office. It is so classic and elegant though and it can be worn for dinner, the theater, or just because you want to smell amazing. I plan on wearing it often and for any occasion that I can think of, except for work it is a little too potent. The bottle is as lovely as the fragrance and looks great on a dressing table or vanity or even the bath room sink. The price? you will not believe it but it is very affordable. The bottle alone it worth the price of the parfum. So if any one wants a treasure for very little money and a very pretty bottle as well, consider Parfum D'Or by Kristel Saint Martin, I don't think you will be disappointed. I have already ordered my second bottle.

takeasniff
takeasniff

For some reason my posts keep getting remonved!! Not sure why. I will put my review here again. It smells a little like Jennifer Anniston's Lolavie. I think hers dries a little more beachy but this has a strong jasmine in it almost like Red Door by Elizabeth Arden. It is much nicer than Red Door. It is very strong but not offensive. The staying power is good. It smells like a mixture of perfumes like Dior's Poison Tendre which is now discontinued. The pink version of this is much more fruity at the beginning so if this one is too strong try the pink one. It should be much more expensive than what it is because the bottle is nicer than some of the celebrity ones and the quality is superb compared to some celebrity ones which charge twice the price.

Jannochka
Jannochka

I wore it when I was a teenager. I don't remember what it smelled like, but i definitely liked it. The bottle looks AMAZING! So chic and elegant!

olga1780

This is just lovely! Hard to believe that this fragrance was made in the 80's.....actually, more accurate would be to say, no wonder it is so wonderful, it is from the 80's! Very classy and elegant perfume with a great staying power and above everage sillage. Love it!

Looks like more and more of my favourites come from the 80's and 90's eras. Somewhere around 2007 things went downhill in the world of perfumery.

olga1780

This bottle looks soooo familiar...I bet my mom used to have it. Have to have it!
I bet the quality is excellent like most of the perfumes from the 80's and 90's

Parfum D'Or by Kristel Saint Martin 3.73 out of 5 based on 77 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kristel Saint Martin Parfum D'Or fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kristel Saint Martin Parfum D'Or, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Parfum D'Or by Kristel Saint Martin. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Parfum D'Or by Kristel Saint Martin represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.