Designers » I-K » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

K de Krizia Krizia for women

K de Krizia Krizia for women
dislike

aldehydic

K de Krizia by Krizia is a Floral Aldehyde fragrance for women. K de Krizia was launched in 1982. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Roucel. Top notes are aldehydes, peach, hiacynth, neroli and bergamot; middle notes are carnation, orange blossom, orchid, orris root, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, rose and narcissus; base notes are leather, sandalwood, amber, musk, civet, oakmoss, vanilla, vetiver and styrax.

Aldehydes Peach Hiacynth Neroli Bergamot

Carnation Orange Blossom Orchid Orris Root Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Narcissus

Leather Sandalwood Amber Musk Civet Oakmoss Vanilla Vetiver Styrax

Blumarine

K de Krizia Fragrance Reviews

Jloves
Jloves

I wore this fragrance, perhaps 25 years ago. It was a uniquely sweet and feminine, gorgeous floral, with, as another Fragrantician noted, a similar aldehylic opening to Chanel #5. I agree with gesch, that the new EDT is absolutely horrible, no, it is beyond awful; furthermore, it is unrecognizable as K de Krizia. My new bottle of K de Krizia EDT does not even have a Krizia label on its bottom, but an ink stamp of the distributor's name. Someone has grossly messed with the original recipe, and, in fact, it smells more like Joop, with a bit of chalk. They have a sameness of vanilla & amber, but Joop is better, less "chemical smelling"; and after careful comparison, they share more than half their notes. So, if you already own Joop, save your money.
Also, as expected from the newer formulations, staying power is next to nil, about 1-3/4 hours. For the new EDT, I give this perfume a rating of 3 out of 5, and that was being kind, very kind.

rossiniopera
rossiniopera

I have a mini vintage edp. First time I tried it, I didn't really like it. I found the combination of aldehydes and green notes a little strange. Second time, I liked it better. Third time, I thought it was lovely!
It has the crisp greenness of Y, as well as the earthier, more cloudy green of Heure exquise – but I like K better than both of those! I agree with jtd beneath that the floral tone is similar to that of Miss Dior (narcissus, mostly), but otherwise I wouldn't really say the ressemblance is too big. This is someting of its own.
K de Krizia reminds me of working in the garden on a spring evening, just as the warmth of the sun is gliding away, and you are left with a cool April wind filled with the smell of damp earth and everything green that stretches up from it.

jtd
jtd

Discovering a chypre from the early 1980s that you've never tried is dicey. While it's new to me, it's by no means a new perfume, and has lived, loved and likely been reformulated a number of times, probably fatally. Hand a new fumie a current bottle of Diorella, she'll sniff and then look at you and say, "This is the shit you've all been talking about?" And she'd be right to ask. The current stuff isn't anything to rave about, or really even discuss.

There's a whole generation of fumies for whom the the tragedy of reformulation means that their Miss Dior Chérie (or whatever it's called at this point) has been tampered with and their Badgely Mischka has been unceremoniously discontinued.

IFRA (International Fragrance Association) regulations diminish the perfumer’s palette. However you come down on the ethics, evidence and outcomes of their restrictions, the IFRA hinders perfumers and takes perfumes away from those who relish them.

The fun for all of us, though, is finding what slips through the cracks.

K de Krizia (perfumer, Maurice Roucel) starts and remains beautiful.  There's a bit of a dry fruit feeling upfront, and an appropriate amount of Amber in the far dry down, but all the way along this baby is a soaring floral chypre. What seem like aldehydes provide the lift off, but once at altitude it's the cold flowers that give buoyancy. I don't know the ratio of oakmoss to treemoss to [insert mossy analogue], and god only knows what has been done to modulate the other toxic aromachemicals like bergamot, labdanum, but K de Krizia passes all the functional tests of a chypre.  It's dry like a good martini, it's florals are buttery yet sharp in tone, and it makes me want to take it in like a long drag on a cigarette.  Now THAT to me is a chypre.

K reminds me quite a bit of Miss Dior. Or at least the reformulation circa 2005 that I have. God knows how many variations of Miss Dior are out there.  The floral tone to the two is similar. The petals aren't so much dried as freeze dried and the effect makes them bite back a bit when you sniff your wrists.

Your gift at the end of the day of a wearing of K is a starched soapy climax that seems as thought it might be hissing at you. If you like chypres and like the floral tone that Ivoire de Balmain strikes, try K de Krizia. I found a 100 ml bottle of edp for the price of one snort of an overpriced niche perfume.

One for any list of under-appreciated, inexpensive darlings like Ivoire, Rochas Tocade, Bal à Versailles, Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel and EL Azurée.

I have a vintage EdT formulation. The aldehydes here are not as strong as I thought they might be, though you can sense their presences for quite a while. Instead, this is a kind of "dark" ambery scent (with just a touch of a powdery quality). The florals are obvious but just one element, and yet again I find myself thinking that niche can't do better than this kind of thing, because this is a fairly complex blend and what could you add to it that would make it superior in any way? You could make it different, and bring up one of the notes, of course, but that would just lead to it smelling like another old scent, such as Bandit. For me this is a unisex aficionado scent. If you are looking for vintage on ebay, consider seeking boxes that don't have that "e" estimation symbol and with liquid that is more of a rust color than what you see in the picture above.

carieadean
carieadean

I thought this perfume was nice but nothing exciting. It smelled like a nice soap. I'm thinking maybe I didn't smell the musk. My sister liked it so I gave it to her. My nephew gave it a thumbs up.

athenian

I don't know about the reformulation but the original EdT or EdP are extremely long lasting.

alchimia72

I read the last reviews and I'm very surprised about the lack of longevity many people complain about. I possess an EDT version ( old version ) and I can say it's very long lasting, all day long. Maybe the lack of longevity is referred to the new version. The old one is rich in aldheydes and this means longevity assured, at the other hand If you hate aldheydes you will not like it. Personally I love. There are a few remaining bottles of the old version, so hurry up if you like it.

alchimia72

Just smelled the current version: terrible to see destroying such as beautiful fragrance. Only soap, anything that reminds the original one which is perfection. Yak. Stay away.

Mazeppa
Mazeppa

Wearable but not sure I would buy it again, lacks that certain something.

Perfumes I have liked are -

Prince Douka Marquay

Moondrops. Revlon

Quadrille. Balenciaga

Je Reviens. Worth
both of these reformulated, now as nothing on me.
Rive Gauch. YSL

My search continues.

lady292
lady292

Love this scent, but unfortunately it disappears from me in a 10 minutes after spritzing....so disappointed... :(

strawberrynewton
strawberrynewton

Such a beautiful and classy scent! I received a sampler vial of this with a purchase many years ago and it was love at first smell! Woody, soft and elegant.. just enough florals to keep it soft and fresh. The one downside.. even with the EDP version.. the lasting power is very weak. Less than an hour after spritzing myself with this sophisticated scent, it seems to fade right off of me. Must be my chemistry because several others have commented on how long it lasts. Pity, but it doesn't stop me from wearing it often.. I just need to reapply it throughout the day.

freddinos
freddinos

I only have a small vintage miniature of K, and have decided to dab it on after debating with myself whether I will like it or not. Well upon testing it, I can immediately tell it's a perfume from literally the previous century. Aldehydes and oakmoss dominate the composition, but after the sharp opening the scent becomes more mellow,romantic and nostalgic. It reminds me of so many loved ones long gone now, of grandmas and aunties with grey hair and black fur coats that loved me unconditionally and smelled of heavenly perfumes. Like K de Krizia...

Lala2013
Lala2013

I love this one a little more each time I wear it, I have it in the new reformulation.It nods to the vintage masterpieces yet is totally current and timeless. Very reminiscent of other Italian perfumes I found on holiday as a teenager, beautifully classic.I still find new things with it everytime I wear it...Warm with depth yet not overpoweringly so and ever so well blended.So much so that it is hard to seperate the notes.
Reminds me a lot of the classic discontinued Armani woman, a rich and sophistacated fragrance, makes me want to explore the houses other fragrances.Super.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

A beautiful blend of flowers, oakmoss and fine leather...a very bold feminine statement. K is light enough to wear in the summer without it becoming cloying. This perfume has a vintage appeal with a modern twist. K by Krizia is not for a girly girl who prefers dainty perfumes. It would be better on a woman who is ultra confident and likes to get down to business and is not afraid to be noticed. My husband complimented me on it and he NEVER says anything about my perfumes. That put K by Krizia into my top 10 category! Woohoo!

Happy Perfuming! ♥

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

Feminine, classic, and elegant balance -- this seems to be the way that I would describe this fragrance. This falls between a floral and spicy note.

The ULTIMATE COMPLIMENT: "What fragrance are you wearing?"

Sometimes you find something so good that it is worth "copying". K de Krizia is such a wonderful fragrance find that I certainly don't mind being a Copy Cat!

As with a lot of my favorite fragrances, this fragrance was originally discovered when a friend was wearing this to an event with my sorority. This is one that I just had to ask, "what fragrance are you wearing"-- which as YOU know... being a fragrance fanatic... is the ULTIMATE COMPLIMENT!!! I just had to know what she was wearing because it smelled so feminine and lovely on her!

This is definitely a "signature fragrance" very unique. This fragrance makes an impression, I knew that she would be offended if I "copied" her fragrance, so only wore this to events where I knew for sure I would not bump into her.

Over 20 years - and this is still one of my very favorite fragrances.

This is a complete balance between many different elements. It is a blend of floral and wears very sweet with my chemistry, but also has a counter element where it is a bit spicy and a medium to lower chord fragrance. By this comment, I mean that it is more of an alto range fragrance. If this were a singer, it would not have a high soprano range, but would be a well balanced chord in the medium alto range. The chord would be rich, well blended, and doesn't have any notes fighting for dominance, it is very well rounded from this perspective.

This fragrance goes on pretty strong, but smells heavenly after the initial dry down. It is very sweet and feminine and has a dry down that is very unique.

It is one of those that comes off pretty strong a bit more "chemical" when you first spray this - but with the dry down, at about 30- 45 minutes into the spray, will really transform and blend much better into my chemistry. A little of this goes a long way. It is one that I would probably spray one time, then dab my wrists into to place on different areas of the body.

This is very classic, elegant, sophisticated, and mysterious type fragrance.

This definitely has a place in my fragrance wardrobe and is something that I would tend to wear on days when I am wanting to project more of a "business" image, than casual. Yes, this could even be termed "romantic" - with the right chemistry, but it seems a bit more business-like, than romantic -- on me.

8691ikim
8691ikim

one of the most beautiful floral aldehyde perfume i know...i like it more than chanel 5...i have the new edp version and it is absolutely wonderful i love it

glitterlust
glitterlust

I bet this was excellent in its original incarnation. I have the second to most recent edt formulation (the bottle as pictured above but made post 2004).

A huge soft cloud of aldehydes to introduce the sweet green/white flowers. Then it settles to the beautiful woody semi chypre animalic base. Brilliant but very delicate by this stage. For me it lands somewhere between D&G Feminine and Miss Balmain.

Whatever my reformulation is, it's no repulsive beast but I'll have to wait to compare it to a vintage version.

alchimia72

I hardly remember the original formula that my mother weared years ago. I bought it today, scared about the information of a new packaging maybe with a new fragrance reformulated in it. I really love this fragrance, it's a classic masterpiece such as Arpege and Rive gauche. It begins such as a floral aldehyde but it's also be classified like a chypre floral. It's very elegant, timeless and lovely. Bought at a very low price, better than many of the new expensive fragrances launched.

athenian

The original K de Krizia reminds me of the current reformulated version of Chanel's No. 22.

kl99
kl99

It's Back!
Into a new essential "dress", same fragrance, I can't say if they remastered It a bit (i mean by sure they did I can't say how changed is it). Just sprayed on the paper sheet. I found it yesterday into a perfumery in Italy. A concert of aldehydes, white flowers, and dark shadows, played with musk.
An excentric masterpiece became a classic.
I suppose this news is my christmas present to all the readers and the fans of K! ;)

Krizia Uomo is back as well!

athenian

One of the best fragrances ever, both in EDT and EDP. I am talking about the original "K de Krizia". Haven't smelled the current reformulation. Krizia has created some amazing perfumes. The "Teatro alla Scala" EDP is as good as the "Coco" EDP and Krazy by Krizia is way better than C.K.'s "Obsession".

ingahoberg
ingahoberg

After reading all the reviews, I was ready for a classic smell. Well I'm sorry to say this but this smells like Knorr chicken bouloin. I haven't used bouloin in ages but I do remember the smell from my childhood and 20's. I do pick up other scents and I don't think it's a bad perfume as long as you can stop the chicken bouloin scent! Will try this another time.

K De Krizia was my love of life when I was 17-18 years old. this heavy superaldehydes-parfum with heavy flowersnotes. I felt like a teenager wearing it, but I tried K de Krizia 2 years ago and Uack.. what was that.. from love to total-hate. The Scent itself had the smell I remembered but I disliked it totally. And nowdays I would say K de Krizia is for an older woman to wear, that heavy, strong and bold it is. But I have noticed that perfumes I hated when I was in my twenties - I now love, for example Dior Poison.

K de Krizia var mitt livs kärlek när jag var 17-18 år. Denna superaldehyd-parfym med tunga blomnoter och jag kände mig verkligen som en tonåring när jag bar den. Jag provade K de Krizia för 2 år sen och fy sjutton - vad var det för en doft? Från kärlek till hat och parfymen doftade exakt som jag mindes den men jag tycker verkligen inte om den längre. Numera skulle jag klassa K de Krizia som en doft för gammal dam att bära med de tunga, kvalmiga och mäktiga doftnoterna. Jag har märkt att dofter jag avskydde som 20-åring älskar jag idag, tex Dior Poison.

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

this is an aldehyde bomb. it's nice if you like that kind of thing, i got it at Ross for $15, i couldn't pass it up. if anyone would like to trade, let me know.

Sassy1
Sassy1

Soapy waxy blown out candle. Definately aldehyde driven.

Not as bright as White Linen with the dry down of Fleurs de Rocaille

I like it.

Update: I'm going to swim upstram and mess with the status quo...I don't think this smells anything like Fendi at all. Fendi is a grungy cigarette leather while K is a soapy floral smoke. I can't stand Fendi while I really like K. Nuff said.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

CLASSY ELEGANCE.
One of my several bilnd buys. I'm sniffing elegant woofs of Krizia on my wrist now ... and honestly - I like it very much. The opening is strong and fresh aldehydic, and now I'm pleasantly surprised by it's carying feminine soft floral dry down.
It smells somehow clean,.. realy nice and easy to wear - tipe of signature fragrance.

lapurrla
lapurrla

I've smelt a double of this and it might drive me mad trying to remember what it's called. It's not one of the perfumes mentioned.

This just isn't my type of perfume. As a perfume-lover I don't like to write off every perfume I wouldn't wear. This smells like a well-made, high-quality fragrance. I have a vintage miniature I'll pass on to a dear family friend who relishes the richer fragrances I'll never wear.

Hollie
Hollie

Extremely powdery but not baby powder...more old-fashioned, flowery dressing table powder with a smidge of leather. It's actually quite subtle to my nose which surprised me. It's a very beautiful and well blended scent but not for me. I associate this smell with the scents of my Grandmother's bathroom when I was a small child....like I said, it's beautiful but doesn't smell right on on my skin to me.
EDIT: I ended up purchasing a large bottle because it was on clearance for $7 ( ! ) I still feel the same as I did when I reviewed earlier but I appreciate it more now. I rarely put it on but I sometimes spray a scarf or sniff the bottle as there is something very comforting about it. I just reviewd La Perla by La Perla and noted that there is a very faint resemblance of the two.

gazelle
gazelle

Treated myself to Krizia because the notes appealed to me. I FELL IN LOVE!!! It reminds me somewhat of Fendi but more gentle and add the leather note. I will look for the EDP. If EDT fascinates me, I can't imagine what EDP will inspire. Since I've never tested the original I don't know what I'm missing. This reformulation is GREAT on me.

calyx93
calyx93

Impeccable floral aldehyde with a chypre-like edge - beautiful and very, very smooth thanks to the white, leathery base redolent with civet. This is a very special fragrance, among few, that can seamlessly evolve in a subtle way upon the skin. The wearer is really not aware of a drydown - it just suspends time because it does it in such slow motion. The aldehydes are soft too and make No.5 or White Linen seem like hand grenades in that manner.

Easily unisex in the same manner that Calandre, Rive Gauche and Climat can be - this sits upon the skin like the most weightless, cashmere scarf. I'm very happy with my collection's new addition :)

cjwest
cjwest

Not impressed with the EDT but maybe the EDP is better. The combination of notes is nice, very reminiscent of Fendi but not quite there. Not strong either--in fact the EDT doesn't have much staying power at all! What a shame; was so hoping for a new signature scent--this isn't it. :(

Emerald523
Emerald523

I loved K de Krizia and wore it in the 1980's. I just bought a bottle from Amazon, and it is not what I remember! Very disappointed!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Recently I embarked on a Great White Hunt for a fragrance that would suit my mother, who is in her mid 50s, and forever lamenting the discontinuation of the original Fendi. It was an odd journey, as I seemed to forget altogether what my mother actually liked about Fendi - its bitter, dry, leathery, butch qualities, so of the '80s, so powerful and unique. I dawdled around, poking at supposed masterpieces like Arpège, Tommy Girl, Beyond Paradise, L'Air du Temps, and Fleur de The Rose Bulgare. Eventually, the folly of it dawned on me, and I knew I had to get technical, not tacky. I had to find another classic floral chypre. I needed something that's all aldehydic on top, with dark civet, and styrax, and unsweetened roses. Something that starts with a soulful citrus and white floral explosion that smoothly transitions, like a lipstick chameleon, into a smoky mystery. A fragrance so in line with Fendi that one could view it as the scent that inspired the House of Fendi to create their ephemeral "Donna". I needed a serious, classy, and age-appropriate masterpiece.

I needed K de Krizia.

the aldehydes and civet are very pronounced on me even after dry down. very strong. i sprayed this on last night and i can still smell it on my wrists this morning. it does smell much better now. i wouldn't call it a scrubber, but this perfume defintely has to be for the right person.
while i always love aldehydes, its always so sparkling to me, and don't mind civet, the civet note lasts way too long and harsh on me. i just think its not a good chemical reaction with my skin. maybe my daughter would like it. she is a gemini.

Natalie467
Natalie467

Why don't they make and fragrances like this anymore?

Very classy scent, opens on the brisk side with the aldehydes, peach and neroli. A little later it takes a turn to non-overbearing florals, rose, carnation, lily of the valley, and not so sweet jasmine which makes for a very pleasing smelling bouquet. And spicy, I don't know why but I detect something spicy, orris root maybe?

For the dry down it becomes deep, warm, leathery and mossy. Ummmmm. Very adult, mature and in NO way old fashioned or old lady. This isn't old school. It's powerful and aggressive and sensual.

Oh, and I'm a Gemini, too.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Aldehyes. I cannot stress enough that you must like aldehydes in general, and old school ones in particular, to truly appreciate this fragrance.

The opening of K is in my opinion in the same head-spinning aldehydic league as Chanel No5. Very potent and assertive and very early 20th century in feel (I am amusing myself right now with the image of young fruity floral celebrity-scent aficionados bleating in horror about 'old ladies').

K does depart from No5 by becoming rather sparkly, peachy and rosy but the dominant theme remains aldehydic.

I agree (somewhat) with my fellow reviewers that this does have a brittle mossy, leather base similar to a chypre but even deep into the drydown, guess what...aldehydes!

Personally, I do enjoy a well-behaved aldehyde but K is just a little *too* much for me.

gesch
gesch

translation of review by Galya: (mind you- both not my mothertongue-any mistakes point out please)

I bought a vintage miniature of this perfume, which is nothing like the new HORRIBLE version which one causes to feel sick.
The vintage one is sweet, mellow, flowery, smells almost like honey - is a love, whereas the new K resembles a new version of Mon parfum di paloma picasso, which is similar to the male perfume, full with synthetic ingredients.

imoore
imoore

I agree with Action, it is a full chypre floral!
Long lasting worth the money, timeless. not for little girls, what else?!

love it or hate it relationship

I don't know about this one being a floral aldehydes, I think this is a super thick chypre floral! In the manner of Fendi, Diva etc.
It is the Krizia Interpretation of that concept and mind you, this one was the 1st one on the market! So probably inspired some others too...

Galya
Galya

Ho comprato la miniature di vintage di questo profumo,che non c'entra niente con la nuova ORRIBILE versione che sembra creata per far venir la nausea.Vintaage e' dolce,tenero,fiorito,sa di miele quasi,e' un amore,invece la nuova K assomiglia a nuova versione di Mon parfum di paloma picasso,che sembra addirittura il profumo maschile ,pieno di ingridienti sintetici.

seventh
seventh

is this discontinued? anybody knows?

Eyla
Eyla

I have it and I'm a Gemini too :D
It smells like pollen mixed with honey on me, it's so thick, so soothing, so I wear it when I want to enjoy my free time alone.

Peyrouzet
Peyrouzet

I find it funny that the last reviewer commented on Geminis...I AM a gemini and have worn this for years and years...always keep a bottle. Lovely unique scent.

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

Very cool. Very sexy. Very deep fragrance. The only two women I know who have owned it were geminis and this makes sense to me. There is a quality of cool air to it, blended with spice and incense. I love its richness and depth. Someday, I will purchase this. I love aldehydes, which make me feel so good and nostalgic!

anasage
anasage

I was given a bottle of K de Krizia in 1983, and have worn this ever since, though it is sometimes hard to find. Everyone who smells this (on me or not), bar none, immediately asks what and where.........
A similar scent, but a bit lighter, that I wear is Prada by Prada. K de Krizia works day or night, work to play, classic and timeless, mystical and alluring/ to say the least!

Lime909
Lime909

I am sadly surprised to see so very few comments about this very special perfume! I bought it when my son was born in 1982, and will always couple the scent to memories back to that time.

It is a lovely warm, quite heavy fragrance, that beautifully surrounds you with a feeling of 'luxe'.

parmania
parmania

I love it! Feel aldehydes, which is good for my nose.
Set it between AP and Kaboshar.Ot old home smells like perfume, but then shall be developed in luxury. Super.Klasika!

Dana B
Dana B

I loved K de Krizia for a long time.

A sophisticated touch of flowers and warm grassy evenings, that finished off with a tiny whisper of spice.

winx61
winx61

Ho questo profumo da molti anni, un classico! Sullo stile di Yendi di Cappucci (ormai fuori mercato).
Un floreale particolare, non banale, abbastanza persistente. A mio avviso, potrebbe essere classificato anche come chypre floreale.

K de Krizia by Krizia 4.04 out of 5 based on 209 ratings and 49 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Krizia K de Krizia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Krizia K de Krizia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify K de Krizia by Krizia. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of K de Krizia by Krizia represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.