Designers » I-K » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Couture Kylie Minogue for women

Couture Kylie Minogue for women
dislike

Couture Kylie Minogue for women Videos Couture Kylie Minogue for women Videos
Couture Kylie Minogue for women Pictures Couture Kylie Minogue for women Pictures

Couture is a new fragrance by Kylie Minogue presented in 2008. It introduces an exciting blend of aromas of amarena cherry, lemon blossom and vintage violet. A heart incorporates exotic depth created of ylang ylang, jasmine blooming at night and passionflower. Base notes are composed of musk stripes, which provide a cashmere effect, with vanilla sorbet and white cedar. The perfume is available as 30, 50 and 75ml edt.

Couture was launched in 2009.

Cherry Lemon Blossom Violet

Ylang-Ylang Jasmine Passion Flower

Musk Vanilla Cedar

Signature Summer for Her

Couture Fragrance Reviews

Tine1world
Tine1world

This lasted on me the full 24 hours and on the back of my hand. I really wanted to buy it, but I have a budget and it's been compromised already by my manic compulsion to collect fragrances. This was like a really soft version but just as punchy as 'Midnight Fantasy' and 'Couture' is an EDT, I was impressed by it's overall quality. Very musky and cherry like on me.

Cheers T.

crazyface
crazyface

Aaaaargh!
So diappointed!
This must be among the top 3 horrible perfumes I have ever come across. A blind buy...obviously...because I would never have bougt this after testing.
On me the opening was a harsch and overpowering smell like clove (it is not listed, so could it be the cherries..?)
The drydown was somewhat better, but still a perfume I would avoid.
Definately selling it!
Longivety: very poor.
Sillage also weak, but even that was too much!
So sorry, ladies.

Musselille
Musselille

Very poor staying power. After about an hour, it's gone!

I smell most vanilla, blended with some flowers, but can't smell the cherry in it.

Gave it a chance, but gave it away after short time. It's nothing special, and reminds of a lot of other perfumes out there.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

The time I smelled this, I was not ready for gourmands. However, it is beautifully done if you love the sweet stuffs. It smells like a fruity cocktail of pineapples, strawberries, peaches, and vanilla. It is sweet but very grown up. Very flirty and hot like Kylie. Just not my cup of tea.

ageless
ageless

I always judge perfume for what it is and not for it being a celebrity perfume or not. "Couture" by Kylie has a very good sillage, people complement on this one, both men and women. It is long lasting, over 10 hours and it's still there! The drydown is magical, very feminine and sophisticated, it might feel a bit sharp after the application, but within half an hour it settles down into a beautiful cherry, jasmine, cedar and lemon, so romantic and sensual.
I just got myself fourth 75 ml bottle, I simply must have it in my collection, it's sort of a perfume that could be used day and night, probably not a workplace fragrance.
Age? 25+
Amazing value for money!

aijucitis
aijucitis

I think this is nice perfume knowing its very cheap,its really reminds me of Escada-Incredible me and Laura Biagiotti-Tempore Donna,all smell pretty the same to me.Staying power better then others very expensive perfumes.
Its not definetely old lady perfume like others say more suitable for young women.

Princess Heidi H
Princess Heidi H

Recently bought this perfume and I absolutely love it. The fragrance lasts well and whenever I wear it I get lots of compliments from people asking me what I'm wearing.
I would say it's more of a day time fragrance and it's not anything like Sexy Darling but I would buy it again when my current one runs out.

jennifer.radcliffe3
jennifer.radcliffe3

This fragrance could only be embraced by young teenage girls as there is a slight sweetness with the cherry and lemon blossom notes. However, I'm not sure whether young girls are a part of her fan base.

The drydown is the nicest part to this fragrance, which is a simplistic vanilla and woods scent. Not overly unique, but nice.

Liina
Liina

Don't let yourself be fooled by the name of Couture. If you look for a high couture perfume, look further. Because this is pretty mediocre perfume. I'm not saying anything bad about it but it just doesn't seem to be worthy of it's name. It's an okay scent. Smells a bit synthetic but it has it's moments. Lemon blossom brings a little bit of freshness to it. Flowers bring sweetness to it. Violet is the strongest one of them. That's a letdown for me because I'm not a big fan of violet.
Drydown is the best part of this perfume like some other reviewers have said here before. It's yummy vanilla mixed with soft musk and a little bit of woods.
It actually seems a bit too heavy for me, too heavy flowers are almost giving me a headache. I wouldn't mind armful of fresh nice-smelling flowers but these are too synthetical for me.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

With a name like 'Couture' I was expecting a really sophisticated, sensual and classy perfume but no! This is just a horrible mixture of cherries, vague flowers and something very synthetic. I am a bit disappointed as I loved her 'Sexy Darling' fragrance.

sugarblossom
sugarblossom

When I first smelled this I didn't think much of it apart from the fact it was definitely more suited to an older woman (I'm 19). That was comfirmed when my Grandma (80) smelled it and instantly loved it. It's been her favourite perfume for a couple years now. It suits her very well. Cherry and vanilla I think are the stronger smells in this. Which sound quite young and fun but it's definitely a mature scent. Very lovely perfume though but not for my age group.

pickledjo
pickledjo

This is a nice perfume but nothing special.
It doesn't stand out from the other sweet scents out there. It actually smells very similar to a lot of other sweet perfumes.
I cannot smell the cherry which is a shame as cherry is my favourite fruit. I just get random synthetic sweetness. If sweet smells make you feel sickly I'd avoid this one.
It's not as sexy as the ad makes you believe.

It lasts a long time on me. I'll give i that.

Abby xoxo
Abby xoxo

Love this perfume you can defenitly smell the vanilla in this and it has a sweet and spicy freshness to it which seems to compliment my skin well. This one is very different to the Darling and Sweet Darling which is something that I like about this.The spiciness of this is what reminds me of Sexy Darling in a way, but it's un a good way. :D xoxo

takeasniff

Did anyone get the bottle that had the ring included in it? I was on Kylie's website just mucking around and someone on there mentioned that Couture had a limited edition with a ring in it? I wondered where that edition is if it is still sold or if anyone even remebers seeing such a thing?

amanita68
amanita68

I find this fragrance beautiful and exotic in a subtle way. Couture is an appropriate name, because YOU wear IT. It is quite close to the skin, so is perfect for dinners out, office wear and other occasions when you want a lovely fragrance that you cannot taste and won't offend others.

It is very well constructed and I find it to be of exceptional quality compared to my expectations. My skin chemistry often kills cheaper scents dead and they quickly turn to soap, powder, or something more yucky, whilst they are still going strong on others, but this perfume stays true and develops beautifully on my skin. It is also unusual in that I can detect all the notes listed, no one dominates. A credit to Kylie - whether or not you like what she does, she does it well!

On my skin, the opening begins with cherry and lemon blossom, followed soon by violet. These are followed shortly by ylang ylang and passion flower, which really produce the exotic feel. Later they are joined by a very subtle jasmine scent as the vanilla and cedar also begin to develop. The Musk comes through later and remains with the vanilla in the drydown. Overall, I would say that it is soft and exotic, fruity fresh, moderately sweet, with a gentle warmth.

I find that the heart notes last at full power for about two hours on my skin, fading to four hours. I can still smell the lovely sexy vanilla musk base 8 hours later, however, at the price, I don't mind refreshing every few hours to get the lovely exotic fresh opening and heart again!

Piratka
Piratka

Compare to the darling it's very good perfume! I loved the smell, it's not that heavy and not too soft.

debush
debush

I love this fragrance! vanilla, musk and violet smells :)

takeasniff

Ok I used to hate this with a passion. It just smelled like body odour or sweat or something stale. I tried it recently and gave it a good chance this time and to my surprise I actually liked it. It reminds me on the dry down of the one by dolce gabbana it's got that strong but strange vanilla smell not the brittney spears vanilla like cupcakes but a mature vanilla. I just can't help but like it. I also smell rose and pineapple. I had the edt and it did not last more than 5 minutes. I payed extra for the edp because I had grown to like it so much and that actually lasts but it is difficult to find. I think you need to give this several tries with space in between you may change your mind like I did.

mery09
mery09

I think this is the best fragrance from KM.Pleasant,a day-wear scent but unfortunately did not last very long.I can wear this in every day,nice fragrance.

lilou
lilou

One of the best one among Kylie fragrances, according to me. I like the blend, which is not so common. It's sexy and sweet. But, as all Kylie fragrances, it doesn't last...such a shame.

marti.b
marti.b

I was a bit skeptic at first, Couture being a celebrity scent and all, but it turned out to be a pleasent surprise. The middle and base notes are much better than the top notes. Perfect for everyday wear, tough it' not very long-lasting...

guest_pearl of the ocean
guest_pearl of the ocean

There's no 'wow' factor in Couture. It's a pleasant fragrance, but it's rather boring compared to Kylie's previous ones. Lasts on the skin for about an hour, then vanishes... :(

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Tried this for the first time today and it's a nice perfume. In some ways it reminded me a little of Carolina Herrera's 212 Sexy at first, which is a perfume I love, but I'm not sure why because there don't seem to be many, if any, similar notes! Unlike 212 Sexy though, it has poor staying power and faded very quickly on me so I wouldn't waste my money on a perfume that doesn't last. Other than that I think it's nice for a celebrity scent.

Malibu
Malibu

COUTURE is the first Kylie/Coty fragrance that I could actually see Ms Minogue wearing as I recall an old magazine interview in which she said she didn’t actually wear perfume… What I’m trying to say is that COUTURE is close to the skin; therefore the staying power is very poor. You’ll need to keep the bottle in your bag to constantly ‘freshen up’.

Having said that, this is actually my favourite Kylie fragrance; there are no headaches or no sweetness induced nausea. COUTURE applies with a sharp, almost masculine scent (I assume this the mix of cherry and lemon flower), before quickly settling to a mild, watered down violet fragrance. After an hour or so only faint - but lovely – wood/vanilla mix.

I wouldn’t buy the retail price for COUTURE; it wears like a body spray. When they have offers on I might be tempted to pick up a bottle – I do have a weakness for cherry and violet notes in my fragrances.

Bottle & packaging = Yuck. I’m by no means an expert on couture, but this looks cheap. It looks like something I’d expect to find with the deodorants, not displayed with the fine fragrances.

Spring25
Spring25

I sampled this fragrance as a roll-on. I have to agree with missk that at first spray, it did remind me of "stale sweat and pineapple juice". Thankfully, the fragrance morphored into something more pleasant within about five to ten minutes. I could faintly smell the cherry note and a little jasmine and violet. Soonafter came the lovely woody vanilla drydown, which is very light and clean. Unfortunately, it did not last very long - no more than a couple hours.

Like Christina Aguilera, Kylie just can't get a single fragrance right. As disgusting as it sounds, Couture only makes me think of stale sweat mixed with pineapple juice.

This is in no way as sexy as the bottle and the advertising seem to suggest. It is really hard for me to comprehend as to why Kylie would allow her name to be put to this, let alone how she could release other fragrances like Darling which smelt like bitter dandelions and Showtime which was so sickeningly sugary and sweet that I got a toothache.

Szonja
Szonja

As a celebrity fragrance it is absolutely not bad and quite long lasting.
The most intensive notes are cherry (or rather cherry liqueur) and some fresh floral scent. It has the aura of the '80s I think.
I've tried it on my skin and it wasn't bothering at all, but I don't know if I could wear it on because I can't decide whether it's a perfume of young women in their 20s or women in their 30s. It's a great difference. Only a man or a friend could decide it by smelling it on me.
The bottle has fantasy in it, I like the egg-shaped bottle, the golden liquid (it's like champagne!), the paper box with the lace and the inspiration of Kylie's gauntlet.

solocha
solocha

I only tested this on a magazine strip, but I liked it. To me it is a non-conflicting, day-wear scent, maybe also for an informal evening. It smelled to me buttery at first, then like a vanilla custard. The vanilla is quite nice and not sickly sweet.

vertigo
vertigo

I get a lot of cherry. My nose is very sensitive to this note because I don't like it.
Staying power is ok. 4 hours and it still lasts.
I think it's better than the other Kylie's fragrances, but I still don't like it.

I'm surprised by the very drydown. It's really sophisticated, reminds me of some Bvlgari fragrances.
But you don't buy a perfume for its drydown :|

jonr951
jonr951

She's coming out with her first men's fragrance! It's called INVERSE! The racy commercial is on youtube! It's her and her model boyfriend in black & white! It's really sexy! Can't wait!

Couture by Kylie Minogue 3.15 out of 5 based on 128 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Kylie Minogue Couture fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Kylie Minogue Couture, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Couture by Kylie Minogue. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Couture by Kylie Minogue represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.