Designers » L » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Ambre Extreme L`Artisan Parfumeur for women

Ambre Extreme L`Artisan Parfumeur for women
dislike

Ambre Extreme L`Artisan Parfumeur for women Pictures Ambre Extreme L`Artisan Parfumeur for women Pictures

Ambre Extreme by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women. Ambre Extreme was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Ellena. The fragrance features amber, vanilla and spices.

Amber Vanilla Spices

L'Eau d'Ambre
Eau Lente

Ambre Extreme Fragrance Reviews

Q.R. Crumm
Q.R. Crumm

Gorgeous.

I tried Ambre Sultan before this and just could not get on with the whole "Oriental kitchen spices" vibe that comes with the opening, it was just too much. The drydown was good, but I don't want to smell like a Thai kitchen for two hours before I can enjoy it.

Ambre Extreme however is stunning from the opening, wonderfully smooth Amber that then blends with an amazing (but not overpowering) Vanilla and a very light dose of Pepper and spice. As some others have mentioned there is the faintest, almost undetectable hint of Play-doh! but for me it really works (I love the smell of Play-doh!).

Very well-behaved, smooth and refined, perfect those mellow Autumn days and evenings. As KarlekLila said below, this is definitely a comfort scent, it makes me feel happy when I wear it.

I literally cannot stop sniffing my wrist where I applied this! I bought a small decant at first, but will be investing in a full bottle for sure.

Can't wait until September/ October time when this baby will really come into it's own!

KarlekLila
KarlekLila

Beautifully warm, rich, golden amber with a subtly, soft, vanillic-powder dry down. Sillage is wonderful with a longevity of nearly 12 hours on my skin; longer on clothes. The perfect autumn comfort scent!

Blowfishes
Blowfishes

D'ambre Extreme Review

I love amber fragrances, with my favourite being Amber Absolute by Tom Ford. When I was first about to spray D'ambre Extreme, I was expecting a similar church scent, though perhaps not as overpowering as Tom Ford's effort... I couldn't have been more wrong!

Let's get the elephant in the room out of the way first - this is most definitely a unisex fragrance. I have no idea why this is listed as only feminine as it is far too good not to share with the males of the species.

This starts with a warming amber glow that merely touches upon the dry side before mellowing out to a wonderfull comfort scent. Now, the way I'm going to describe this may put some people off, but I urge you to at least sample this fragrance. Once this fragrance mellows, you are introduced to the love child of Pledge furniture polish and WD40. I cannot explain this any other way, and can only add that I adore this fragrance. Its smooth warming nature simply envelopes you like a cashmere blanket. Given time the amber resurfaces in a sweet, church-like fashion - again not too dry. The drydown brings out a slightly too sweet vanilla skin scent, but one that I can't get enough of. I am still able to easily notice it over 8 hours after application. Admittedly, over exposure can be a little heady, so I would keep it to two squirts maximum.

Definitely one for the Autumn and Winter, though I feel I will be wearing this throughout the year.

Projection: 7/10
Gender: unisex
Season: Autumn/Winter (or whenever you feel like wearing it!)

D'ambre Extreme Review

This starts with a warming amber glow that merely touches upon the dry side before mellowing out to a wonderfull comfort scent. Now, the way I'm going to describe this may put some people off, but I urge you to at least sample this fragrance. Once this fragrance mellows, you are introduced to the love child of Pledge furniture polish and WD40. I cannot explain this any other way, and can only add that I adore this fragrance. Its smooth warming nature simply envelopes you like a cashmere blanket. Given time the amber resurfaces in a sweet, church-like fashion - again not too dry. Admittedly, over exposure can be a little heady, so I would keep it to two squirts maximum.

Projection: 7/10
Gender: unisex
Season: Autumn/Winter (or whenever you feel like wearing it!)

nickyt99
nickyt99

I wanted to love this one but just don't. Not mysterious smelling like I expected. Needs more to it. My husband said it smells like the inside of a Halloween mask!

la fleur dorée
la fleur dorée

Annusato su mouillette accanto a Ambre d'or di Profvmo. Italia - Francia, insomma.
Entre les deux, mon coeur balance...

Testa, Profvmo è meno squillante, L'Artisan più penetrante e un poco più asciutto.
Cuore: l'Italia brilla per proiezione,l'Artisan: non pervenuto.
Coda: dolcezza vanigliata da armadio chiuso e cipria per l'italiano, tocco leggero ma interessante di incenso per il francese.

Ottimi entrambe. L'Artisan più scaltro e navigato, Profvmo più candido - oppure mascherato. In regalo chiederei l'Artisan ma se si confondessero con Profvmo non ne farei un dramma.

lilalina
lilalina

This amber is spicy smoky with alot of labdanum and patchouli mix in the opening, earthy feel.. Drydown is soft and powdery amber, it's definitely unisex and one of the most earthiest ambers I've come across so far.

nero77
nero77

Smooth dry amber...

This is one which has that sensual, real dry amber smell which you find in incense fragrances. It really reminds me of amber incense. I love the way Jean-Claude Ellena has really put the dry aspects here. A really good amber perfume in my opinion and one which I think would be good for layering.

The amber is present throughout the composition, from the first spray in fact. I can't pick up the different spices but to me it almost has an aspect of cumin or black pepper in the background. There is something dry and aromatic also, like an aniseed or cardamom vibe, but I can't be sure exactly.

Overall, I would recommend this as something which can be layered with other "oriental" fragrances. It has good enough performance and longevity to be worn on it's own too. A great, dry, incense like amber from Jean-Claude Ellena and from a house which always makes interesting perfumes!

Ramy salah
Ramy salah

@steleale wise choice agreed 100% it is amber absolute without smokiness.

Steleale
Steleale

@lilimorena: try Profumum Roma Ambra Aurea or Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan.
Profumum Ambra Aurea is the strongest sillage ambery frag I've ever tryed.

Calvini
Calvini

For some reason this "Play-Doh" smell keeps coming in and out between the familiar amber scent (as in Ambre Sultan), especially RIGHT after the nice and promising opening... Disappointed :(

*update: After trying other popular/classic amber scents I learned that the powdery plastic smell is one characteristic of "amber," so now I know what I don't want.. (Goodbye Annick Goutal and Guerlain)

muzzbait
muzzbait

straight, resinous amber with a vicious, animalic vanilla. sometimes you're in an 'ambre extreme' kinda mood, and sometimes you're not. for me, there's not enough of a variation, there's not enough development for mine (could be the restriction of having three ingredients only), but it is quite good if you're into this sorta thing...

vicknasty
vicknasty

There is a citrus note in this one kind of like a piece of orange peel in a bowl of potpourri, dusty, dry and hard, but still a little tangy and sharp, and it has taken on the slightly powdery smell in the rest of the bowl. The powderiness reminds me of vintage Habanita. I don't find this spicy or sexy or exotic at all, it feels a bit musty and traditional. Maybe this sounds like a negative review, but I swear, it's not! I love this. It's home, with the smell of baking vanilla in the kitchen drapes, with dust in the rugs, fall leaves on the porch, and potpourri on the cedar sideboard. It's where I grew up. It's nostalgic and haunting and emotional.

Ambre Extreme is still a fave of mine and more than in the past. I have my own bottle from many years and it still smell very fresh, so I'm not aware of any current reformulation.
It used to smell too powdery and strong for my nose, yet beautiful. I preferred L'Eau d'Ambre, but these days l'Eau d'Ambre smells too soapy and dizzling to me, while Ambre Extreme is totally luscious!
As always with "amber" it has to be taken in poetical way.
If there is any true amber here, I doubt, but the whole blend smells of heavenly ambery clouds, so at least it is well crafted "amber", quite different if compared with your average amber from drugstores.
The powderness smells natural and not sybthetical.
This is a scent that needs a warm skin to develop completely. Mine is not warm at all, so it stays a little cold sticky, but enfolds along the hours.
It is spicy, indeed, but not nostril-piercing like many spicy orientals. It smells like sweet spices, something you would add to dessert. Vanilla is especially lovely here and gives roundness to Ambre Extreme, so that it continues to mingle with your skin and being sweeter with hours.
I once met a person who wore this one divinely and I found myself going behind and smelling her like a dog!
I'm not generally a fan of L'Artisan now. i've been for a while long ago, now I feel they are not always top quality, but Ambre Extreme is a winner and especially cosy in winter.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

Ambre Extreme is much more spicy and punchy and a slightly deeper, more iridescent amber than the original. This takes the sharper qualities of the first kind and enhances them, smoothing them out and amping them up. Where the original is more powdery after a while, this is spicier all the way through, which is why it is 'extreme' - it definitely lasts longer in its original spray scent, which I love.

It's seductive, mysterious, it's like a conversation on the skin and around the person that you don't wish to end. It is one of those perfumes that begs to be intellectualised, but also to be taken pleasure from. It's inviting and exotic and masterful.

The vanilla and the amber are perfectly interwoven, and together loan the impression of a faraway, magical destination. At once it is sands and a gypsy bazaar in a remote desert where unusual instruments are played and beautiful and rare antiques are for sale.... there is an antique feeling to this fragrance indeed. Dusty, secretive, enticing.

Then you have a quality of cosmopolitan chic. Sophistication and quiet glamour. It's a marvel!

The lasting power I will have no question about as I can't imagine it would change too much. The sillage is ambient. It's a gorgeous scent, it really is.

If you are a true lover of ambre, and don't mind a touch of a gourmand, creamy note (which is slightly caramel) this would be your first choice. The intensity is also perfect for an ambre, which should be lasting and deep.

This is such a yummy perfume and a wonderful addition to any closet, enhancing any outfit or mood. It would come alive in fall and winter for sure, but in summer it is balmy and earthy and sexual.

freakypirate
freakypirate

This perfume was in a tester set from L'Artisan Parfumeur, and since I love amber scents I was eager to try.

It's a true amber, warm and and powdery, but in a very 70's way. It's not at all spicy on me, just very linear amber. It doesn't develop at all. Not a bad thing for me, because I like amber! I also tried layering with Batucada and this works well, the amber gives some depth to the sweet citrus notes. I bet it works for light flowery scents too.

Ambre Extrême is very long lasting, I sprayed it on at 9am and next morning at 9am it was still clearly there on my skin. Sillage is also heavy on me. Not sure if I like it enough for a full bottle, but I'll definitely use the sample again!

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Sorry Hoxx but it lasts at least 10 hours on me. All L'Artisan frags are unisex and all ambers are as well. To me, it's the greatest single note created. I have about 15 amber frags and this is in the top 1/3. Is it simple, yes, is it better than TF Amber Absolute, no but for the price it can't be beat. I can go on days and days about this scent but I don't like long reviews. The point is, if you like straight up ambers, get this. If not go for something like Ambre Russe.

Hoxx
Hoxx

This is a scent I almost totally love, except for one part - there is no way and no reason to write Extreme on this bottle. Extremely good or extremely weak are not viable explanations.

Aside from longevity problems that are easily one of L'Artisan stamps, this is a very lovable perfume. First of all, it's perfectly unisex - unless you think amber is women-only note. It is a plushy, velvety amber with a hint of vanilla and spice. It's warm, cuddling and comforting. It opens with a set of spice but quickly turns into an amber heaven, with the right dose of sweetness from subdued vanilla note. That's pretty much that - the scent is as linear as it gets(however, I never said that's a bad thing in my book, as it practically enables me to know what to expect all of the time). I haven't felt anything remotely similar to clay or Play-Doh, it's just a sweetish fluffy amber on me.

Now, the scent's performance is a whole other story. Ambre Extreme lasts about three hours on my skin, with little to no sillage. It wouldn't bug me this much in normal conditions, but I expected something in the line with the name, so, make sure you know that you won't get anything extreme from this fragrance in terms of projection and/or longevity. It is, logically, more suitable for winter time and cold days, but can also be a romantic scent - believe me, you won't scare anybody with this one, man or woman.

The scent, the smell is in line with some other amber masterpieces. The performance just isn't.

7,75/10

stitchywitch
stitchywitch

Ambre Extreme has been sitting in my sample box for over a year. I had scratched my Amber itch with Estee Lauder Amber Ylang Ylang, but I recently ran out. And with the temperatures in the midwest dipping below zero for the first time in years, I found myself hungry for comforting amber. I don't smell much going on in Ambre Extreme other than amber, but the amber itself is lovely. It goes on strong, but fades after an hour or so to a nice skin scent. Much longer lasting than most L'Artisan perfumes on me. I highly recommend this one for fans of amber, though I admit that Amber Ylang Yland is still my favorite!

AveParfum
AveParfum

Strong Play-Doey amber, but I love that Play-Doh smell! This is it--pure and true. There might be a touch of vanilla after a couple hours, but it is not very sweet at all. Strong peppery notes too. I wore one spray on only one wrist, yet it wafted up to my nose all day long and smelled thick like syrup. Great, persistent sillage, and it lasted +12 hours. I had to get myself a full bottle. It will blend nicely with a lot of my other perfumes by L'Artisan. This is the perfect amber for winter.

george26
george26

Woah, it smells like the 70's in here........
This was the comment of a workmate as she entered my office after I had sprayed the EDP, and sums it up to perfection. Yes, indeed it does smell like the 70's.
Its heavy, spicey, aromatic and just a bit too over the top for me.
I get vanilla, patchouli, and a very faint whaft of something like cats pee??? or (gulp) stale sweat??? (zero actual amber - though I know there is vanillin in amber)...... and a headache!
The quality is there for sure, it has proved very long lasting for a scent I have tried to wash off several times, and a full 8 hours later, my office still smells like a free folk festival in 73!
I think this is a child of its time, and that time is not now, its very dated. Its not a terrible smell (ignoring the pee and sweat), but safe to say, its not for me.
I'm really surprised I found this so challenging, I love woody, spicey outspoken fragrances (Pom Noir from Jo Malone is my fave) and really don't go for very sheer, girlie smells.... ah well.

Not the best ambery scent. I can't say that I like it. I'm not a fan of sweetness, but I miss it here somehow.

Izumee
Izumee

Sexy. Bold. Sweet oriental. Slightly powdery. SENSUAL. Sexy and sexy :p

antfarm
antfarm

Fantastic amber with nothing else going on and nothing else needed.

Rather polite in terms of longevity and sillage for an "extreme".

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Vanilla amber playdoh thing that lasts quite a long time on skin. Almost a wet clay smell to it. Very heavy on the amber, I guess you would say extreme!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Spicy amber in the top notes, dries down quickly to a rather uncomplicated thick cloud of balmy amber with a pronounced play-doh note, which I love so much. Both sillage and longevity were excellent for me. At the top of my want list!

guido2663
guido2663

I can't smell any amber but caramel instead. One of the less interesting frags by l'Artisan, anyway.

Patti04
Patti04

I like this ambre, for me it's very sensual and in winter it is a must have, it is true that it 's not very long lasting for me the normal eau de toilette is very similar and cheaper!

daniela3
daniela3

While approaching to this fragrance, forgetting the name and trying to see it for what it is really - could be a possible way to regard it. I would start from the positive side: this is just a nice, 'pleasant' fragrance.... although I find it a little wick for being an 'extreme' (='concentrated') version. The name - evoking amber - is according to my experience misleading: I cannot smell any 'amber' but just an 'idea' of it, translated into reality while using spicy caramel and adding also a touch of vanilla to the juice. I've got it (otherwise I wouldn't have taken the time to review it) but if I consider this Maison - whose frags I love so much - and the reputation (not to mention the great ability!) of Mr Ellena... I would expect (and obtain) 'something' more!

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Sweet powdery amber on my skin, reminds me a little bit of Cuir Beluga (minus leather). This is a pleasant amber, but somewhat too polite and fleeting for an "extreme".

kris919
kris919

plastic doll head, play-doh, salty skin. lasts long, stays strong. doesn't smell good. I've sampled way better ambers than this.

maria-clara
maria-clara

L'Artisan L'Eau D'Ambre Extreme, I love it for scenting my bedroom and sometimes livingroom. I don't have the perfume for wearing it myself, I have the amberball you see on the right picture (above, right under). This ball is filled with the perfume. It is supposed to last around two years. I have it for 6 months now. It is not that my rooms are filled with an unchanging cloud of amberscent fulltime, it's like different types of amberwaves pass through the room, small quiet waves, then comes a stronger wave, then the ambersea is almost still and so it goes on. Never a tsunami of amber. Wonderful to sniff at and hold it to my nose if I need a direct ambershot. Very, very pleasant if you're an amberlover. The container is beautifully handcrafted. The amberball is at its best in summer and fall, that is my experience until now. I gave one to my mother for her birthday, and she loves it. Even my father likes the waves of amber hitting his nose before he goes to sleep or when he wakes up.

AMBER UNADORNED might be a better name for AMBRE EXTREME, but I will say that this AP composition does have slightly better longevity than the typical offerings of this house. The problem with presenting a base such as amber with few other notes as embellishments is that there is a very real risk of boredom. To me, AMBRE EXTREME seems a bit like amber on sedatives: polite and calm.

The amber in this composition smells smooth, slightly sweet, and generally pleasant, but it leaves me wanting something more. I learned from reading a page from Ellena's forthcoming book (using the "look inside" app. at amazon) that vanillin generally features in labdanum amber (not animalic ambergris...) constructions, which would seem to imply that it does not add anything to this creation, in particular, beyond what already counts as a part of the amber itself.

Having worn AMBRE EXTREME for a while this evening, long enough to grasp that it was indeed a minimalist creation without any of the distractions which tend to make oriental perfumes so interesting, I reached for my bottle of BAL A VERSAILLES, with which it was of course fully compatible, being essentially part of the base of that perfume.

I am sure that this fragrance has its following, but as far as amber perfumes are concerned, I myself am more of a Serge Lutens AMBRE SULTAN or Histoires de Parfums AMBRE 114 type. If asked to select a J-C Ellena amber, I would definitely opt for AMBRE NARGUILE, which seems to me considerably more appealing than this one.

Edox
Edox

Jean-Claude Ellena está considerado como uno de los cinco perfumistas mejores del mundo y en mi opinión posiblemente sea así.
El trabajo que ha realizado para la casa de L'Artisan Parfumeur es impecable desde todo y cualquier punto de vista. Primero ha conseguido un trabajo sobre el ámbar perfecto, dotándolo de una gran pureza. Segundo este ámbar lo ha potenciado trabajándolo con la vainilla, de ahí y con mucha coherencia el nombre de Ambre Extreme. Es un perfume en el cual el ámbar es el gran protagonista.
Quizas sea exclusivamente una fragancia de otoño e invierno ya que es muy cálida ( Cosa completamente obvia por el ámbar ) y sobre todo porque es tremendamente intenso y se huele a varios metros de distancia.
A mi personalmente llega a marearme y tuve que regalarla ( Cierto es que la prové en mí y en varias personas en verano, a más de 30ºC ) pero aún así dejo mi subjetividad para valorar esta fragancia y debo decir que es de las grandes.
Un ámbar de una gran pureza que se reúne con especias y nobles maderas que la ensalzan y le dan esa compleja profundidad y ese misterio que logran crear en el ambiente los grandes perfumes.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

I am very fond of amber, but there is a great deal of variability in the quality. Some ambers smell like clay, or Play-Doh (as remarked on by another reviewer), or sweat, none of which do I find desirable in my perfumes. I'm currently testing about 8 different amber perfumes, in hopes of finding one that merits devotion. Ambre Extreme is one of them, along with Lutens Ambre Sultan, Ambre Precieux, & others...So far, I find that the Ambre Extreme seems solid. It's quite simple---I get amber, vanilla, and a hint of spice. The initial scent is not so prepossessing, having strong overtones of clay/Play-Doh; but those dissipate fairly quickly. I am left with a nice warm amber, with a bit of spiciness, and a creamy vanillic base. It doesn't project much but does last well, although in later stages I smell only amber, without the creamy rondure or spices. Compared to the Ambre Sultan, it lacks complexity, but it does last much longer on me. I over-sprayed other scents on the Ambre Extreme and discovered that it makes a wonderful layering perfume, adding depth and richness to florals or florientals; but at the price point of L'Artisan Parfumeur, I'm not sure I want to be layering in order to love the product. I think it could be a very satisfying scent for a man, however.

calyx93
calyx93

While I really like the original version - L'Eau d'Ambre - this one is nice once you get past the opening notes (which can last a good while). For some strange reason, this phase reminds me of Play Doh.

Tania
Tania

I love this perfume! It is one of my winter favorites. I have been looking for an amber fragrance for so long and this one is just perfect!
The amber is soft, sweet and warm. The opening is quite spicy (I prefer the dry down) and a little dry. But once it settles down it becomes creamy, the vanilla makes it so cosy! The staying power is great. People around me often tell me I smell nice when I've been wearing it for several hours. I can also smell it on my pillow and in my hair when I wake up the next day!

Soutty123
Soutty123

I've just smelt this in Space NK. I love Amber but am not keen on Patchouli. This smells really expensive and mysterious. Am tempted to buy now as the weather is foul for June but we could have a heatwave next week that lasts until October (I live in hope!) so will hold off on buying until Autumn. Mmmm!

fpih
fpih

I ordered a second sample of this, because it seemed too bland to me the first time, but the reviews made me think I might be wrong. So, second try and still I don't get it. I mean it's nice, warm, sweet (but not too sweet), comforting. It's NOT spicy; not on my skin anyway. It's amber and vanilla pure and simple. It's also a cocooning, skin scent that I like but only I can smell. And it doesn't last too long; about 4 hours tops. I can't say I don't like it, but I don't feel like investing in a full bottle either. Wearing it side by side with MP&G Ambre Precieux, this comes out as the softer and more linear of the two. However, if you want a perfume that focuses on amber and amber alone, this might be the way to go.

Ekove
Ekove

Reworking

--//

Presentation: 5/10
Uniqueness: 2/10
Value: 4/10
Projection: 3/10
Smell: 7/10

Overall: 5/10

IlDottoreFaustus
IlDottoreFaustus

It a necessary during cold days, but when I bumped into Ambre 114 (Histoires de Parfums), Amber Extreme shows somehow thiner in depth and warmth. To me the "Orientality" is more complete if this formula goes linear (thus one will have all spices without decline!)
So I decided not to buy this perfume, but to have a candle instead.

If you like this, go for Byblos Patchouly, they are almost identical.

I like ambery scents and this one is no exception! It is so well crafted, strong and daring, but not very long-lasting. I enjoy to smell it on some people (not for everyone!) but on my skin I prefer L'Eau d'Ambre (not Estreme)

megannsmom
megannsmom

Aeternitas has said it perfectly! I too love this scent, I find it gorgeous and delicious in every way. It is a refined and sophisticated amber with just the right amount of vanilla sweetness and smoke.....for me, the Ultimate Amber! I want to bathe in this, to swim in it, to drizzle its molten amber fluid across my skin!

Rich, heavy amber without the unfortunate body odor note I sometimes get with ambers. Lovely, dark, almost vanillic amber that just smells like dark gold. One of my favorite ambers.

hibernation
hibernation

L´Artisan is my favourite perfume house and Ambre Extreme my favourite amber. I love the cleanness, I do that in frangrance anyway. This is a great mixture of clean and dirty :p.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

L'Eau D'Ambre Extreme is all that I look for in a fragrance - spicy, warm, dark, sensual, noticeable and somewhat masculine. I think it could be more for a man than for a woman. It's a rich oriental amber blend and it plays out on my skin perfectly, starting with a peppery burst and ending in a smooth, oriental ambery sandalwood holding an undertone of vanilla. It reminds me of the actual color, look, and feel of true amber. It's smoky and comforting, best for winter and cool days, too much for summer. It's my favorite!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Ambre Extreme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Ambre Extreme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ambre Extreme by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ambre Extreme by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.