Designers » L » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

caramel
smoky
milky
Amour Nocturne L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men Pictures

the intimacy of the night

"Infinite tenderness becomes ecstasy. Live a moment of sublime intimacy... Cedar, surrounded by soothing notes of hot milk and caramel, gives way to a powerful burst of gunpowder, and orchid. An explosion of love, beyond time and place." Amour Nocturne was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour.

Cedar Milk Caramel gunpowder Orchid

2am Kiss
Tobacco Blaze
Korrigan

Amour Nocturne Fragrance Reviews

Cherry_Darling
Cherry_Darling

I fell in love with this unique perfume and was my signature for a long time. Sweet like caramel and milk but with an edgy kick - very moorish. However it is a very heavy scent and as much as I love it, I can't stand it on my me for longer than an hour. Complex and interesting but definitely *very* occasional wear.

picknenders
picknenders

I'm so surprised by this one. It's the scent of being calm, cool and collected. It is a scent that truly tells a story - very unique to me. Most of the time I'll have a spray and make a judgement. This left me without an opinion - but rather deep in thought. Nocturne/night is definitely a good description here. Armor is fitting as well - so strange. Not so much the smell, but the feelings which are evoked. If you try this - do yourself a favor and forget about notes, longevity, silliage and all that bs - instead, experience this without judgement and see what comes into your mind. Very intriguing.

Citrus2014
Citrus2014

Paris, XIX century…

- Where sir wants to go ?
- Rue Saint-Deni, coachman.
- But, sir,you have just participated in a duel. You are badly hurt, your bloody awful. The bullet hit you in the chest, sir and your terrible smell of gunpowder. The bullet did not pierced your chest, sir ?
- God protects love, coachman, the photography of my love that I always wear at the breast pocket saved my life. This medallion is always wrapped in perfumed silk handkerchief of my love. It’s always at my chest ...Worth dying for love, coachman...
- But, sir, it’s midnight…
- To Sant-Deni, coachman, to my love…

Fragrance 10/10
Projection Medium
Longevity 8 h

Madrona
Madrona

I really wanted to like this one. Gunpowder is one of those smells that humans sometimes find pleasing for some reason, much like gasoline. However, this does not read gunpowder to me. It reads straight up metallic, or like a giant cube of pencil graphite. At the same time there is an addictive toffee ice cream lolly coating note going on in the background. Some three hours into wearing it the metallic note has finally become subdued enough to really let the caramel shine, but at that point it is basically a skin scent on me.

InvisibleVehicle
InvisibleVehicle

Starts off almost too subtle and curiously absent, but the chemistry is undeniable and like a lot of unusual gourmands, it takes so nicely to my skin (and hair). For some reason, all attempts to access this directly come to nothing. Even with my nose pressed to my wrist after a heavy application, I just get the slight peppery smoke and a milky sweetness lingering on the edge. The notes listed seem very accurate but they dance somewhere on the border of what I'm able to perceive and are definitely keeping secrets which may or may not be recoverable over time. Truly haunting and disarming! To other people around, it's akin to entering an lighter state of mind but they don't suspect why the atmosphere is so altered... only getting the sense the wearer is wielding some discreet charm. It is rough... in some ways.... but definitely isn't dusty or cloying - maybe the gunpowder gives it that fresh, open-air immediacy?

The overall fragrance must be seamless - because in the air around me, and most of all, in memory - it is recognizable and distinct and addictive! Like sparks and kisses.

So... unexpectedly, Amour Nocturne does bang-on what it says on the bottle by becoming the most magical and oblique "skin-scent" that actually levitates above the skin!

Tapinview
Tapinview

I received my decants of this line from the magic world of perfume lovers a few years ago and instantly loved them all, which was at the time very much against the general consensus. But I love sweet rich perfumes and I found I wanted full bottles as I ran out.
Lo and behold they started showing up at the discounters! This one is probably my favourite. I adore the strange metallic gunpowder note juxtaposed with milky caramel and rich florals. The quality is great, it lasts and projects. I hope many other perfume lovers have found these for good prices, although considering the stratospheric costs now in the perfume world they were good value even at original price!

villey91
villey91

Faaabulous metallic gourmand perfume! I am IN love with this scent. This is very strong and very sweet, in a way that makes two sprays enough and two more might induce a headache. Yet, the sillage is moderate and soft.

Somehow gunpowder has the same kind of character as leather. They don't smell a like but they both make us feel powerful and empowered when we wear those scents. Cool effect!

As a metallic note gunpowder doesn't smell like coins or like a hardware store. It actually smells like gunpowder = fireworks or the air after you've shot with a gun. A shooting range.
There's a huge blast of hot caramel which almost makes me think of a gun with bullets that are half caramel and half metal.
I can't say I smell cedar or the orchid but there is some wood and maybe some floral as well to make this scent perfumey and not just an imitation of gunpowder and caramel. Because this really is beyond a gourmand scent, this is perfume.

Amour Nocturne is a masterpiece and it's propably my favourite scent from L'artisan Parfumeur so far. Vanilia is also my favourite but it is discontinued, tho I have a bottle of it still, thankfully.

I've got to try Deliria next. But now I'm very happy with my bottle of Amour Nocturne. I've got a sample of Skin on Skin and that wasn't my kind of scent at all. Way too animalic for my liking.

starshining73
starshining73

Un profumo unico ed indescrivibile: apertura pepata e fumosa che precede un cuore latteo, dolce di caramello ed appena un poco legnoso. La nota polverosa (dovuta alla polvere da sparo) rimane presente e ben si accompagna alla dolcezza del latte caramellato a creare un qualcosa di unico.
Fragranza inusuale, particolare, che si ama o si odia. Ed io la amo.

BlondieCurls
BlondieCurls

It's like sipping warm sweet milk at a fireworks display in November. The gunpowder note just works, although I can imagine this fragrance is a love it or hate it type of thing, I love it. Longevity is very good, will easily last most of the day on me. Works very well on those cold dull autumn days, there's something a little melancholy about this scent.

Just got a sample and no, not for me! Doesn't smell pretty, it is masculine, smells of burned wood...it gets softer in the base, but I find myself unable to even like it a little bit! Some will like it no doubt as it has depth, and substance.
..L Artisan Parfumeur isn't the brand for me! I have tried many of their perfumes, and none worked too good
Matter of taste!

bluenightcall
bluenightcall

Ì got a sample of this perfume and I must say, I love it ! It is sweet (but not overbearingly sweet), very warm, rich (like butter), and smoky. It's almost inviting in its subtlety. If I were a man, and hugged a woman who wore this on her neck... Ahem !

If you like spices and woody perfumes, you might like this. I do realize that there are no spices in this fragrance, but I am reminded of those when I smell this. Is it the gunpowder ?
Not many people seem to like the smell of gunpowder. Therefore, I would suggest sampling this before buying.

It's definitely an unique smell. Give it a try if you can !

cinnakitty
cinnakitty

I was under the impression I had reviewed this but it appears not to be here.

To me this smells of gorse bushes in a weak sunshine. It has the feel of an openwork knitted blanket. Airy soft, cream coloured, wool. It brings to mind sitting by the sea in NE America in a beautiful beach house, blanket on knee.

That said it isn't something I would wear at all. Its too light. I wanted caramel and gunpowder. I wanted chewy and gritty. I got airy. I was pretty disappointed.

shalla.marie
shalla.marie

I've desperately tried to like this but all I get is smoke and something metallic which i assume is gunpowder.

It gives me a headache.

lilalina
lilalina

I wore this in Milan last night. How beautifully fitting, it's cold, burning yet sweet, like something is about to happen. What an exciting perfume!

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

It 'an explosion of color,sensuality and surprises you now!! This parfum definitely high level, and unique. I've never heard anything like it,here the perfumer B.Duchaufour created this beautiful scent, which is a veritable "explosion" of pyrotechnical known gourmand and at the same time "dusty" (Thanks to gunpowder). The orchid and cedar give an accent sublime composition, making this perfume phantasmagorical with a veil of mystery. The caramel note is the most noticeable. Good for cold days of autumn or winter... With this fragrance I can once again to confirm the great talent that is B.Duchaufour, surprised me so much... has created this masterpiece hard to forget ,really beautiful. Highly recommended!!!

Sillage: 6/10

Overall: 10/10

olga_adriana
olga_adriana

i don't know how this couldn't be a LOVE for anyone who tries it!
I read somewhere that this perfume compared to Dzing!, one of my favorites, and that is true but i'll explain why:
they smell nothing alike, but they both have that certain character to them- so intriguing, so good! i mean character in a good way! this is an unforgettable perfume!
the caramel and the gunpowder work so well together i can't believe it! this is gourmand but soo much sophistication! Another win for Lartisan

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

Lately I have a total crush on this perfume. I find myself using it all the time.

The opening is a blast of peppery notes, almost too heavy to distinguish what's what. After a few minutes, it tames and calms down a bit, and the sweetness emerges.

During summetime's hot weather I hardly wore it, but when I did, the sweetness was mainly milky and tart. Came winter, I get this sweet and tad salty caramel that makes it both yummy and gorgeous.

Wearing it on a daily basis, it's surprisingly close to the skin on the longrun and inoffensive to others.

Sorry not sorry, I just love it.

empathyboy
empathyboy

"Ylla laid herself back in the canopy and, at a word from her husband, the birds leaped, burning, toward the dark sky. The ribbons tautened, the canopy lifted. The sand slid whining under; the blue hills drifted by, drifted by, leaving their home behind, the raining pillars, the caged flowers, the singing books, the whispering floor creeks. She did not look at her husband. She heard him crying out to the birds as they rose higher, like ten thousand hot sparkles, so many red-yellow fireworks in the heavens, tugging the canopy like a flower petal burning through the wind."

I've tried unsuccessfully (several times) to describe this fragrance and the only adequate way seems to be by using the above beautiful prose from Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles. The fragrance is indeed alien and yet beautifully familiar, like the scene described. There is tension and brooding passion and distance. There are flowers (orchid) and hot sparkles (gunpowder). It isn't immediately the most beautiful scent to my nose but it does keep pulling me back "tugging the canopy like a flower petal burning through the wind".

My partner loves it.

Carestinus
Carestinus

Amour Nocturne is imho the most interesting and unique out of this line. That doesn't necessarily mean my favorite. It is a very nice gourmand, with this interesting bitter-sweet side that makes me think of Aomassai... a bit of Dzing!... and still very recognizable on its own. It is definitely a shock producing fragrance when you first try... it shows mastery and has a very defined wow factor.

However, it is not the one I'd go for since I feel it leans towards feminine (like most of the line btw). If worn by a guy, it gives me the impression of a very elegant and well dressed one (not me lol). I think it really fits the bill if you are looking for a reliable gourmand and and among my friends it has been the "this is it". I personally think you have to check if it doesn't end up bothering a bit your nose with its gunpowder and strong personality.

I received my pack of Explosions d'émotions and I admit my first impression of it all was: "How bad this is!!!!" After a few days I started liking a loooot most of the offerings and even if I could well live without, I think it is a well thought collection. You have very well made summery scents... 2 intriguing wintry ones, an animalic but wearable one... a playful chewing gum one and in the whole a sense of group that I respect. If they weren't so feminine for my style I'd definitely would love to have most of them. The coffret with all the collection in 7ml vials is a superb present for any lady friend, so don't miss them when they get on sale!!

sunnyinphilly
sunnyinphilly

Womanity in an autumn version?!?
I don't know what provokes in me this comparison, but the first time i smelled it, my first though was "womanity".

vallensvelvet
vallensvelvet

On me this goes on extremely sweet, almost tropical (coconutty). The top notes are all caramel, gunpowder, and something oddly grassy and cool (yes, dill!). Slowly the sweetness tones down and cedar comes through, with its almost lemony floral aspect to the fore (probably Iso-E Super). This is extremely reminiscent of Dzing! in tone, the airy caramel mixed with wood is I think what does it. Of course this doesn't have Dzing!'s delightful leather, but it definitely shares some genes and the overall impression is similar. Although it's very sheer, it has a decidedly Autumnal vibe and I'm really enjoying wearing it in the cooler weather, where the gunpowder really shines and gives it an edge. This is very nice. An unusual, transparent, elegant, gourmand.

Very much agree on the bottle change with the person below - l'Artisan bottles are usually lovely.This is massive and gaudy; and hard to hold, to boot.

kateapple
kateapple

I wanted so badly to love this one, but I'm with the reviewer who said this smelled like pickles, because on me, it does. It looked like such an amazing combination of notes, I love the story behind it, and I typically love scents by L'artisan. But this one was not destined to be. My skin projected only a strange odor of pickles, with an occasional hint of cedar. Clearly something in my skin chemistry doesn't agree with this one, so to those interested in this, definitely try before you buy! I imagine it smells absolutely amazing on some people, I just wish I was one of them!

Florista
Florista

This one has continually grown on me and I think it appeals to me as my personal antidote to soap and flowers. I would never wear this if it lacked the gunpowder. That's the element that ties the condensed milk and caramel to the orchid and cedar making it wearable and welcome on my skin. I can't wait to wear this in colder weather.
ALSO: The overall impression I get with this is the olifactory equivalent to the taste of salted caramels. If you are into that sweet and salty flavor then perhaps you will find a similar vibe here like I do.

CLevol
CLevol

This perfume is an artwork, it makes you hate or love it on your skin.
On my skin it is heaven. Got a lot of compliments for this perfume.

The gunpowder makes me addicted to the perfume, it is teasing and lifting in a stunning combination with the other notes wich are without this gunpowder note maybe too flat.

Test this fragrance first and don't buy her blind because it is not for every skin; it depends on the acidity of the skin.

rasteria
rasteria

Smells like sweet pickles, no thank you.

Hoxx
Hoxx

For a gourmand lover like me, a caramel note is a good sight at first, but it can become cloying quite fast. However, here it stands together with a milky feel(I don't really enjoy the smell of hot milk and here I felt only a glimpse of it, fortunately) and a slightly powdery combination of orchid and vanilla - or maybe it's the orchid itself, I'm not sure. This combination is an unusual opening for sure. It gives a feel of a thin-textured cloud with the just right amount of sweetness and powderiness. The allmighty gunpowder note arrives a bit later. Now, I have no clue what gunpowder smells like, but the note I get is metallic and dry with a somewhat smoky quality. The interchange between pastry-like opening and the ground metal is unlike anything I've smelled in my life and I like it very much. The drydown is rather familiar as it adds a slightly synthetic cedar note which overwhelms the rest, but, honestly, I do not care about the drydown when the earlier phases are this special.

The longevity of Amour Nocturne is very solid on my skin, with a nice projecting wave to follow it. This is a definition of a unisex scent, either gender can wear this one with equal success. I see this mostly as a midseason scent, but it can be worn whenever, with adjusted application. The scent itself is more linear than complex, but it cannot be put into any of those two categories.

The one thing I'll never learn to like about this scent is the different-than-usual L'Artisan bottle, but I guess that's just me, and is more because I love the iconic look of a standard bottle than because this one isn't nice. Also, it's quite expensive, both compared to other L'Artisans and generally speaking. However, this is a magnificent scent in my book, a very unusual gourmand, and certainly the best of this Explosions d'Emotions collection.

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

I love L'Artisan Dzing! Amour Nocturne smells nothing like it, but I'm quickly falling for it, too. Why one makes me think of the other is this... Both of these fragrances give me the feeling of being at an old-time carnival. Dzing is the big top tent, animals and all that goes along with them. Amour Nocturne is the mid-way.

Freshly made caramel apples, buttery popcorn, a breeze brings the scent from the wooden rollercoaster. They've fired off the fireworks, and that oh so lovely gunpowder floats all around me. It is night time, and I'm holding hands with my handsome "crush". Will he kiss me? How could he not? He loves sweet things ;) and he has a thing for going to the shooting range with his dad. Love and fun. That's Amour Nocturne to me.

atlaseetschristmas
atlaseetschristmas

Another subverted gourmand from L'artisan. This one is absolutely special. When I first applied it I got some sweetness with a strong, bitter, rough note that reminded me almost of pepper or some other bitter spice. After reading the notes I totally recognize the gun powder accord. Yknow on the 4th of july, when the last few fireworks are launched off and theres just a slight haze over everything with that smoky smoldering scent? bingo. Shortly after the firecracker opening, a warm, smooth, sweet caramel note starts to wake up. It grows and grows, and then right before it gets too sweet I suddenly notice that theres a nice, peppery cedar note. Was that there the whole time? I don't know..but it keeps getting more and more prominent. Eventually I was left with a slightly bitter cedar caramel scent that I could not stop sniffing. This is not a fragrance for everyone, its definitely unisex and a little strange at first. But I think if you're not afraid of cedar or gourmands this could be a love. I also imagine it would greatly appeal to fans of Dzing who are looking for something else from the 'strange and sweet' corner of L'artisan. It definitely is not worth the ridiculous retail price but seeing as how it can be found at discounters for less than the normal l'artisans its a big winner. One of my favorites from a house that I thought I was bored of. 8.5/10

Kompeito
Kompeito

Another beautiful and unique scent from this line.
This is the third I've tried and loved after Rappelle Toi and Tea for Two, and now I think I'll have to try them all!

It smells like caramel cream, orchids, and fireworks.
All in perfect harmony.

It's so beautiful and intriguing.

Reminds me of summer nights at the beach watching fireworks as a child.

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

It's an unusual scent that wears well, but I'm not sure I feel good in it. On me it's caramel and milk and, yes, gunpowder overload. This note is a bit too prominent on my skin. Medium sillage, over 8h longevity - the technicalities are as they should be.

nothernlights
nothernlights

So surprising!

So strong in the beginning and harsh, but suddendly so nice and soft.
Voluptuous and womenly.
However it's not too big to wear. Gunpowder is the point, it sends, shots the bullet to your senses. Without it it woud be same as anything less remarkable.
L'amour and death. Nothing less. Beautiful is too small word.

Toffee and gunpower. Hunting with dogs and the coffee at camp fire. Red nails and the hunting outfit.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

It starts rather strong and very unisex. The opening notes are definitely musky, although I see no musc in the description... there is something extremely woody, oozing sexuality ( not sensuality ) here. After about one hour, finally, I start sensing the caramel and milk. It changes radically, becoming softer, sweeter, more gourmand. Throughout the development I fail to sense the metallic bloody odor many seem to comment on. As for the gun powder? Well, I don't know exactly what that smells like, but I would assume it's there in the opening notes as something rough, animalic and raw. I have not yet reached the basenotes, but looking at how this scent develops, it seems to be heading into a gourmand, slightly floral, comforting beauty, a milky melted caramel on orchid petals.
It is a bizarre scent, considering the transformation.
I believe it's suited for people with a strong personality, who don't quite feel they fit in. For this reason, I don't see it becoming a mass favorite, because it isn't soft, sensual, voluptuous, or stylish. It's multifaceted, moody, changeable.
It's an affair that starts with raw and rough intimacy, and no strings attached, and later on goes through a profound metamorphosis to a heartfelt love, a sweet embrace of comfort, familiarity , sweetness, reliability and warmth.
As I said, love the unconventional way. Might be heading to the altar in the end.
Congratulations, L'Artisan, another masterpiece.

svetlana.kogan.73
svetlana.kogan.73

Amour Nocturne is supposed to convey the fireworks of love by night. It is definitely a fiery fragrance. On my skin it opened boldly with lychee, guaiac resin, Amber and musk. There was also some oud emerging after 5 minutes or so. For the life of me, I could not sense any caramel or milk which many folks her are referring to. My husband loved it. "Flowers and smoke " was his description. I have mixed feelings. I can think of at least 3 oud-based scents that I could buy for the price of amour nocturne. Should I ever become Imelda Marcos of perfumes though, Amour Nocturne will definitely be one of the gems in my collection.

littlest_lemon
littlest_lemon

Amour Nocturne makes me anxious. The caramel and milk notes are so warm and comfortable but then the gunpowder and cedar sneak in there and smell SO WRONG. It's the opposite of how you'd expect a fragrance to progress. The more you smell it, the more dissonant and ugly it gets. Sweet, but with a memory of violence and bloodshed. Like eating toffee on a still-smoking battlefield. I can't smell it too long without getting fearful.

It's an absolute masterpiece.

Q80
Q80

gunpowder with sweet milk. grassy smokey and dark yet midly sweet. the grass notes, sands, with the sweet hint gives the gunpowder effect. it's a weird combination. i can smell woods in between, some slight berries, and i guess the sugary milk gives the essence of caramel as no caramel detected yet. the gunpowder vanishes slowly after few minutes leaves the mix goes woods, milky, honey wax, with cedar and grass notes. it's good after all but overpriced.
now it's dried down and i can smell real fresh mango note, an open ripe mango i eat all time where i can smell it on my fingers.

A sweet powdery floral with a faint hint of milk and a strong chemical note that suggest gunpowder:metallic, dry, peppery. Surprisingly wearable but it's an odd one.

deadidol
deadidol

Along with Deliria and Skin on Skin, I tried this a while ago but never bothered to write about it. I’m only returning to it now as its been haunting my inbox for far too long.

This is a milky, dusty, floral thing; quite figgy, and there’s a tinge of rose, but it smells more like a scene than anything recognizable as notes. In my mind, it’s an antiqued space—a sort of weathered Victorian-meets-cape cod affair. I can picture hues of pink, greys, and whites; faded wallpaper, distressed wood finishes, a ratty-by-design chaise with vintage teddy bears, strings of pearls, silk ribbons, old portraits in flaked-paint frames. It’s basically a Pottery Barn catalogue in scent form.

It’s a maudlin thing really—a sort of faux-old aesthetic designed for the mid-30s urban crowd. Musty and dry, slightly rubbery, vaguely nostalgic, generally washed out. It has some sweetness, but it’s more like sweetened tea (although it doesn’t smell like tea). Given that there are a few cheap chemicals sticking out of it, I’m not convinced that it’s worth the asking price, but it does accomplish a dusty thrift store-chic thing effectively. Merciful, really, considering what it could have smelled like.

Roge'
Roge'

Like many of you, i bought my front row ticket to witness the gunpowder note in action. This starts off with some serious milky caramel almost fig like followed by the sooty note of gunpowder. The added smoke instantly makes this a controversial fragrance. Some will argue that it's better without the murky note. The gourmand skeleton which this is built upon keeps this from being too floral or too smoky. This composition has the weight of a feather hence making it easy on the brain. In the drydown stage, i found myself comparing this to another standout woody floral musky concoction...Cannabis Santal. After digesting the price, this "so called" gunpowder is seemingly a bullet wound to the wallet; not to mention a lifespan of 4hrs tops. $280 dollars is no chicken feed.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I've tried this, along with Deliria and Skin on Skin, and I must confess, Amour Nocturne is probably my fave! The opening is a little heavy, somehow reminiscent of Deliria, but later it gets better and better. A sweet milky caramel skin scent, paired with woody smokiness. Perfect!

dhoakohime
dhoakohime

The gunpowder kills it for me. Taking out that note, it is a very pleasant sweetened up milky fragrance, but unfortunately the gunpowder is really amplified in my skin turning it into a scrubber. A shame, because i loved the rest of the composition!!

Lana148
Lana148

This is smoked caramel & little cedar. I don't mind gun powder notes at all, they somehow flow very well in this composition. Very well done fragrance!

Sweet & smoky - love it!

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

This is exactly what opening up the hood of an overheating 1950's Packard smells like. I've done it hundreds of times, and it's spot on. Rubbery, smoky, and a bit sweet and unnatural.

The longevity also leaves much to be desired. I really wanted to love this, but it seems it isn't for me! I am jealous of those of you who love this scent because it smells delightful on you.

hanson26
hanson26

Amour nocturne opens with a blast of smoky, metallic gunpowder. Unlike many perfumes with "weird" notes, you can actually make them out clear as day here. However, that blast of gunpowder only lasts for a few seconds, quickly giving way to delicious creamy vanilla and realistic caramel. The gunpowder still lingers in the background but it is now only a shadow of what it started as, and rather than having a pronounced metallic scent, it just adds a nice coolness that makes the whole composition smell like... ice cream! Vanilla ice cream with caramel swirls. It's not exactly what I'd expect from a perfume called Amour Nocturne, but I love it.

PS. I actually got a compliment on this today, and believe me when I say I NEVER get compliments.

drlaurel
drlaurel

Mmmm smoky, yeah I can see that. Caramel I guess so but it's not sweet or syrupy, more like a vanilla cream caramel. Again not sweet. Under the caramel lies some spice, just enough to keep me interested. Goes on beautifully and continues to develop over hours leaving a lovely woody musky trail with a hint of vanilla. A wrist smeller for hours. Don't get why others aren't raving...maybe a née replacement to my beloved dolce vita. Maybe a more complex and gourmand tam Dao? If you love dolce and other sandalwoods, give this a try.

Cddimauro
Cddimauro

This smells like warm milk, caramel, and cedar. Not completely repulsive, but not delicious or very intriguing either. It actually reminds me of Mariella Burani by Mariella Burani, another caramel scent that I don't care for. You can pick up a bottle of MB for $20 on the net, so Amour Nocturne is not much of a bargain. I suppose I had higher expectation for L'Artisan...this is just not for me.

rttoronto
rttoronto

Yuk. This is the second one I have tried in the line after the grotesque Deliria. I now have little hope for Skin on Skin but we shall see.

tnahowru
tnahowru

I spent many days at the beach in my 20s and 30s, oiled up with the latest sprays to get darker skin, and this concoction smells just like that

elve
elve

It smells of fireworks on the night sky and carmelised milk. Explosive joy and sweetness. Perfect stranger I fell in love with. It's my new flag perfume.

I don't know. I was trying to figure out what Amour Nocturne, the third member of the L'Artisan Parfumeur Explosions d'Emotions, was to supposed to be. I came up with: musky metallic gourmand.

According to the notes there is no musk, but clearly there is. I see also that this perfume has been categorized as a floral woody musk. Is gunpowder metallic? It seems so. The gourmand is present and accounted for in the caramel. I don't know. This trio just didn't work for me. Skin on Skin was okay because I love iris, but the other two? No.

I think that I really dislike metallic notes. I wonder whether there is some intended overlap between Amour Nocturne and ELdO Sécrétions Magnifiques? I do find something somehow distasteful about this blend, though not to the same degree. What I know is that this trio's not for me. For the record, I enjoy almost everything else ever made by L'Artisan Parfumeur. These three perfumes are not in the same league, which is ironic, given that they cost more than the regular line.

Perhaps my samples had all turned. There is an expiration date clearly printed on the gel-splat cards: January 2014. Perhaps the gel misrepresents the perfumes. Or perhaps the set was simply ill-conceived. Too much concept; not enough aesthetics.

-----------------

I just watched the YouTube promo for this trio, which confirms my suspicion: way too much concept. Actually it might be the worst campaign since the Brad Pitt Chanel no 5!

professorlilith
professorlilith

@Haptica--I've had good luck with theperfumedcourt dot com. They do have amour nocturne.

@Haptica,

Try Surrender to Chance. That's where I bought my sample.

Haptica
Haptica

Does anybody have any methods for getting samples of perfumes? I always read about perfumes that intrigue me but I can never find them to experience them in real life.

??????????

brightstar
brightstar

Love at first sniff! Amour nocturne is a delicate caress, a gentle and comforting touch. It's a cup of hot milk with a touch of caramel. Not too sweet, a little bit of smokiness. This fragrance is so original yet so essential, a pure masterpiece. To me, this is the best of the three Explosions d'Emotions. Unforgettable

pravda48

On my skin I get sweet milk and a warm, gentle smoky incense-esque cedar. The gunpowder note smells like incense w/ an itch to it in the back of your nose like real black pepper.

That's how it goes on me, at least. It's a little oddly sweet to me too, which must be L'artisan's delicious version of caramel.

(It does actually smell very similar in a few notes to La Fin Du Monde! They DO both have that odd dusty/smoky/peppery note with something slightly buttery smelling = gunpowder +caramel/popcorn.)

Overall its interesting; I keep wanting to smell it to detect the weird juxtaposition of sweet/pepperydust. BUT IT'S SO SUBTLE! I had to use a lot of my sample to be able to detect it enough to focus on notes.

naomi.scott
naomi.scott

Spicy, Incensy Smokey, not particularly unpleasant but certainly not amour. I actually felt this was a little boring, it has no milk and no caramel.

Camana
Camana

Opens up with a metallic blast of gunpowder before the cedar peeks through. Though I don't detect caramel and milk as individual notes, they sweeten this fragrance to make it a little warmer and less "industrial." It is warm and ozonic. I like this fragrance, but not enough to buy a whole bottle, unless I could find the price considerably marked down.

kayley123
kayley123

I don't get any caramel unless the burnt, smoky smell is supposed to be the caramel and milk (unsweetened caramel? is there such a thing?)...
I just get a ton of gunpowder and cedar from this; It's somewhat interesting but I really wish I had gotten more of the other notes, getting more milk or caramel would have made it very intriguing and worth trying again. But since I'm not a huge fan of cedar or gunpowder, I don't think I would want to wear it again.

Nemosh
Nemosh

This is not a perfume to wear if you want to feel girly.
It is a weird smell, milky and it is mixed with blood.
Lasting pouwer is very good.
For me this is a scrubber.

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

An evocative name for a surely unusual fragrance, whose attractive and slightly perturbing aura seems to come from a place of mind somewhere between memories, dreams, desires…

As soon as Amour Nocturne touches my skin, the innocent aroma of caramelized warm milk coming from the sample vial immediately melts with a pronounced cloud of incense-like smokiness (my chemistry/nose tends sometimes to skip top notes, that's one more case)… this seemingly hazardous accord is to me reminiscent both of a funfair atmosphere and, if that makes any sense, of a long-abandoned party room in an aristocratic and ancient house: if anyone of you has seen the movie “Great Expectations” (or read the novel) you’ll probably know what I’m talking about…
I feel a subtle but ineluctable melancholy while wearing this fragrance, like a sense of loss without any real loss. I’ve never smelled gunpowder, and those who have told me it has a very pleasant and lightly spicy scent, so I guess that’s why many members voted it as the main note in Amour Nocturne… as it dries down, the fragrance gets smoother, less gloomy and more intimate, leaving an opaque and pale waxy trace like that left in the nocturnal air by a switched-off scented candle.

There’s undeniably a gothic romanticism in the idea of two lovers perhaps united in crime, that’s one of the “literary” interpretations I could think of for the choice of gunpowder note and the whole concept of this scent (I mean, one could use incense or maybe burnt wood notes to render smokiness)… truth is, this fragrance has nothing even remotely dangerous or sinful in its composition, feeling instead quiet, gentle and almost mystical to me.
Whatever Douchafour had in mind while creating it - and to stay in the same metaphor - Amour Nocturne is really an emotions trigger in my personal experience, exactly as the theme of this latest L’Artisan Parfumeur perfumes suggests (Explosions d’Emotions)… probably not something I’d easily wear, but who knows, I could be in the nostalgic mood for it one day…

meama
meama

226) En tête ressort principallement l'orchidé et le cèdre mais la base est vraiment étrange, un mélange de caramel et de cendre, peut-être comme l'odeur d'un âtre de cuisine en train de refroidir.
L'ensemble est bizarrement addictif, agréable et perturbant. C'est un effet que je ne ressent générallement que avec certains Etat Libre d'Orange.
Le plus original des trois parfums de la nouvelle collection.

From head springs mainly orchid and cedar, but the base is really strange, a blend of caramel and ash, perhaps like the smell of a kitchen fireplace cavity cooling down.
The whole is strangely addictive, fun and disturbing. This is an effect that I just feel with some Etat Libre d'Orange.
This one is the most original of the three perfumes from the new collection.

Elen70
Elen70

I really don't know what kind of smell the gunpowder has... But this perfume is a sweet, deep, exciting fragrance. At the very first moment it seemed overpowered on my skin, but after a few minutes it turns into a sweet, strong smell and stays on my skin very long. It's not a typical way of the l'artisan perfumes, much more stronger and smells about 7-8 hours. I feel the caramel, the milk and the orchid altogether, but the cedar makes this scent much more amazing and interesting. (i can't imagine on a man at all.)

perledejasmin
perledejasmin

My comment has nothing to do with reviewing this perfume, sorry!
Dear Fragrantica, I think someone forgot to mention that there are 3 perfumes in this collection and you forgot Déliria!

jeca
jeca

This is a weird and pleasant mix of fresh, milky, subtle unsweetened caramel and smoky nuances. They feel as if they were not smells, but thoughts or feelings. For some reason this is a sad fragrance to me.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Amour Nocturne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Amour Nocturne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amour Nocturne by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amour Nocturne by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.