Designers » L » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

rum
caramel
Deliria L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men Pictures

exhilaration of the senses

"Prepare to be thrilled. Your senses will be shaken into a delicious blur. Déliria is the fantastic contrast between metallic, rhum and gourmand notes of toffee apple and candy floss. Top and base notes lose themselves in the heart of the fragrance in a dizzying cloud." Deliria was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour.

Metallic notes Rum Toffee Candy Apple Cotton Candy

Deliria Fragrance Reviews

CLevol
CLevol

This perfume is very unusual and ingenious. You will be immediately returned to happy memories .
It must match the acidity of your skin .
What you smell : fair apples, carousels , sun, sun , a snack candy , lipstick , first flirt .
Perfect!

villey91
villey91

OMG This scent is out of this world! I've never smelled any perfume that smells or resembles anything like this. Many reviews are right at describing Deliria: frosty, metallic, super sweet, cotton candyish(a lot IMO), bubblegummy(watermelon/cottoncandy flavoured)... I would also add: boozy and dizzy! But what's with the dislikes? This is perfection! There's no scent like this, I swear. I bet this kinda scent will be more "mainstream" in say 10-20 years. Very futuristic scent.

The box is so beautiful and cool. It looks like some monster with long claws tried to open the box and left it's mark on the side. Somehow because of the style of this scent I would imagine the fluid to be neon green or neon purple...

It is really amazing how this not only works as an amazing perfume that is sensual and intoxicating - so delirious, Deliriating, but it also reminds you of a place. Just like Dzing reminds me of circus. Place that comes to mind for me from Deliria is an amusement park or a fairground. Also this brings an image of drugs. And I've never used cocaine or LSD, extasy or stuff like that but I'd imagine them to be smelling like Deliria. Because when I smell this scent, especially in the beginning it really is a rollercoaster ride and a "dizzying cloud" just like it says in the official description of the scent.

A Masterpiece 10+!
Most unique scent I've ever smelled.

Sillage is very close to skin but has an amazing longevity almost 10 hours on my skin. So the scent is pretty strong when you smell it by sniffing your arm where you've sprayed it but the scent won't spread and fill the room no matter how much you spray it on yourself.

starshining73
starshining73

Non riesco ad annusarlo... percepisco dolci mele caramellate ed una nota metallica fredda, gelata, che mi ricorda l'odore del ferro delle vecchie giostre arrugginite.
Questa nota m'inquieta.
Per me è NO.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Oooh! Woow! This perfume really surprised me ... it is an unexpected but brilliant fusion of metallic notes and cotton candy and candied apple. I really like the rum that is present in the distance..there,enveloping scent tossing toward a vortex of "crazy"of fun,roller coasters,and fun. This scent is a very well done, do not agree on how the reviews say, this is not bad. I mean that is very well balanced, unusual "strange" but that can give you joy and take you back to your childhood, according me suitable for the cold months, especially winter,during of Christmas. This can not go unnoticed... may sound weird me this is its real strength. It'a unique parfum and complex, but at the same time beautiful. I think it does for me, I really like!!! The sillage is soft,and longevity is good. Great work B.Duchaufour.

Sillage: 6/10

Overall: 9./10

the big totoro
the big totoro

Love at first sniff! It must be all in the skin chemistry for this fragrance. It's either love or hate. It's just beautiful on me.A complete trip to the fair for me. I get the cotton candy, the candy apples, the metallic scent of the carnival rides and a little rum in a carnie's flask. It's a complete scent memory flashback. Happy times. Maybe it reacts badly on some people. I don't know, but I love it. Glad I got a bottle when I did. I use it infrequently so it will last. Oh and for those who think it smells like blood, it doesn't. I work in surgery, I smell blood all the time and this isn't blood.

stylenurse
stylenurse

It smells like you're walking through a carnival at night holding a caramel apple in one hand and cotton candy in the other. The metallic note keeps this one unique. Maybe you're heading to see a freak show at this carnival. I love this. Too bad it's discontinued.

bibibling
bibibling

It's the 80's. You're in a mostly abandoned 24-hour laundromat in some big city. The half-drunk Madonna-wannabe with the curve hugging, off the shoulder, neon pink and black dress, the teased-to-heaven bangs and fingerless lace gloves is smacking her strawberry cotton candy flavored Bubble-Yum gum as loud as she can as she regales her best friend Sandy all the gossip of the day.

That's what this perfume smells like to me. Aqua Net hairspray, Bubble-Yum, drunk girls, laundry detergent powder and the rusty metallic hum of thirty washers and dryers all rolling at once. And maybe a bit of spilled and dried Coca-Cola in there too. (Or... for the Peruvians out there, that Inca Cola that spilled, dried, and got sticky on the floor: THIS IS THE PERFUME VERSION OF THAT.)

So... Yeah... Deliria is a good name for this because I feel deliriously confused just smelling it. I don't think I could ever wear this anywhere. Maybe a laundromat... This feels more like an art project to me. If they had art galleries for perfumes, I feel like this one woud resonate with more than a few people and evoke some weird memories. But I really don't see it as a daily use perfume.

Like, when you see really weird looking outfits go down the runway at fashion shows and laugh 'Who wold wear that??' Well, there are some extremely rich ladies who make a personal statement thing out of wearing ridiclously expensive "art pieces in clothing form" (to put it politely) and I feel like those are the ones who might wear this.

It's not sexy and it's not trying to be. It's just evoking a lot of images and making your mind (or mine at least) go places. Maybe that's why it's called Deliria and maybe that's the point? They always say art's open to interpretation, right?

icingsugar
icingsugar

What a peculiar fragrance. There is something both fascinating and repulsive about this... it does remind me of Secretions Magnifiques in that respect. There is a sharp metallic note that definitely brings to mind blood or a surgical operation like s.m does for me. Kind of like what I imagine the inside of a human body to smell like...slightly aquatic in a way too. I like the murder at the fairground explanation...if anyone has read Stephen King's Joyland...this would be a great fragrance to go alongside. I don't get the rum or apple necessarily. There is a fruity vibe in the opening but nothing too distinguishable. The main note I get from this fragrance, other than the strange ironic rusty blood smell is bubblegum, not candy floss. This fragrance has moderate silage and good lasting power, if a little subtle after a few hours. It is incredibly strange...even more so than Dzing but not as much as Scretions Magnifiques. It is fascinating and strange...like others had said, I can't stop smelling it. Skin on skin and Amour Nocturne were both odd, juxtaposing fragrances too but this is the strangest of all. Not something I would wear in public but definitely a guilty pleasure. I'm glad I got it.

langsat
langsat

Frosty, cotton-candy-flavored bubble gum. The pink, sugary scent of childhood is what rises to the top immediately. Although, this is a more complex sweetness, it doesn't smell cheap as you might assume from the predominant cotton candy notes. It's a cold sweetness, but I'm not necessarily getting *strong* metallics. There's a hint of apple, but mostly it's all sucrose for me. I can't detect any of the other gourmand notes—no toffee, no rum. Just cold, pink candyfloss. Not for me, by any means, but I could see the right person totally rocking this.

lilalina
lilalina

I don't get why people dislike this so much. It's not repelling by any means. It's a kind of industrial scent, icy cold with a candied apple sense, i actually quite like it, i wore my sample last summer and it was really refreshing.

din26
din26

got this one in a discovery pack and keep coming back to it. the steel note is bizarre, alluring and keeps surprising me. layered with chanel 31 rue de cambon -- took the tried and true and lifted it. alone, there is a slight sweaty note creeping in after 9 hrs or so. i can smell it a good 24 hrs later. truly odd, memorable, keeps me mentally alert and thinking

atlaseetschristmas
atlaseetschristmas

What is this...On first sniff I instantly want to run back to my good friend Amour Nocturne and talk about the weirdo, Deliria.

This fragrance is frozen. It's so strange just how cold and metallic this comes across. It opens surprisingly normal with a strong naturalistic pineapple note, I guess the blend of apple and metal is pineapple.. who would have guessed. Then it becomes colder and colder until there's metallic cotton candy-flavored frostbite on my arm. Often when fragrances have metallic notes it makes one think of blood, but this to me smells much more like the inside of an empty walk in freezer or something. Or maybe the scent of a brand new just-out-of-the-box fridge full of fruity desserts and stacks of nickels? I'm drawing a blank here...

Sniffing this resets my nose in such a weird way. When I pull my arm away from my nose something lingers in my nostrils, the slightly chilly air of a place that I can't identify. When I catch wiffs of this I like it, when I focus on it I am kind of revolted. Its so confounding that I want to keep smelling it... I almost want a bottle just to "cool off/torture" my nose.

Just for clarification, I don't mean that this smells cold in the same way that a fresh, minty, or transparent summer scent would, Deliria is cold in an absolutely bizzarre inhuman way. It's like a tween-marketed fruity-summer body spray for some strange alien race.. I don't know what Bertrand was smoking when he made this but I want a hit. It performs pretty well in the sillage and longevity department. This is a what..?/10

Autumnal
Autumnal

I bought this from TK maxx for 30 quid, and was already aware of the notes and was therefore expecting a strong smell of metal, which I hoped would be tempered by the candy floss, toffee notes. It sounded really interesting as I am gowing tired of the usual generic perfumes that are being churned out.

First spray was a "pineapple note", which quickly disappeared and was followed by an intense smell of metal. Slowly the other notes appeared and sweetend up the fragrance, but that metal note was still prominent and I hated it.

However my boyfriend (who was not aware of the notes) really liked it. He said it had a cold ozonic feel to it, and could definitely smell the rum and the sweet notes.
He decided to keep it and to be honest it smells gorgeous on him, and sometimes I have a little spray as its quite addicitive.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

After being thoroughly disappointed by Amour Nocturne from this L'artisan line... (and most other L'artisan scents), I saw the notes of Deliria and was intrigued, but skeptical.

The opening of Deliria is noteworthy, unique & feels like a fantasy. It's the exact combination of cotton candy *flavored* bubblegum, with a hint of red apple. It's a memory-lane type of fragrance for me, It goes right back a decade and a half to those multi-colored, weird ass lollipops the pediatric doctor would hand to you after a series of vaccinations. Fruity, sweet, but something *weird* and inedible lurking in the background. That 'something weird' reveals itself here as a lurking, metallic-paper note. Like if you took a bite out of an elementary school papier-maché art project as you were working on it. A creepy "inky" note is how I'd describe the feel of the background of Deliria, like the smell of freshly printed newspapers.

The drydown is a disappointing non-descript pile of nothing. A dry fuzziness, a hint of ink, and musk. All of L'artisan's drydowns (or should we call them Let-me-(dry)-downs) fall flat on my skin - so perhaps it's just me.

Deliria is not entirely unwearable, it certainly holds it's own in being unlike other fragrances, especially as a novelty. I think the addition of more apple & cotton candy could've saved this for me. I do find it funny though, that from the opening to the drydown, I was taken from childhood innocence and sweets, straight through to boring-adulthood-gray-nothingness.

Ivyswirl
Ivyswirl

Exactly what it says on the tin actually!

Candyfloss, candy apple, hint of rum with those weird metal notes...

Funnily enough it does remind me of a fairground, but not the happy childhood ones, it actually reminds me of a book: The Bad Seed by Joanne Harris. In it the evil is characterised often by the description of candyfloss and a 'hot animal reek' and things like a fairground. Of course, there is lots of spilled blood and even a real fairground in the book (all set in the beautiful city of Cambridge, where I once roamed.) The book seems to me to combine all the elements of this perfume, from the sweet candy notes to the metallic scent, reminding me almost of a bloody steel knife and the sinister underbelly of the fairground.

Would I wear it to feel sexy? I think not. But for curiosity and to feel dangerous like the characters? Possibly. It's a fun fantasy of a fragrance, definitely closer to art but for the price I'd be perhaps disappointed. Lovely packaging though!

Also, the metal notes actually have a hint of coriander for me, is it just me getting this vibe?

I just wish I could find this lovely like few lucky people and their magic skin seem to find it but I'm not convinced, sorry Bertrand!

Nice longevity and sillage for a L'artisan though, and I must add that the packaging is excellent!

Edit:

Several months later as the weather is starting to cool I tried this and instead of hunting like a bloodhound for the metal notes and eyeing them suspiciously I focused on the 'aquatic' and/or 'ozonic' feel that others have mentioned and found it a lot more wearable.

It was fresh, unusual, cold with a hint of gourmand sweet notes. I'd be interested to try this in spring as it's not Christmasy really.

I nabbed Amour Nocturne too and it is equally weird but seems to be better in the cold weather too. Now just to open Skin on Skin and find the love in that bottle too. I'm rather sure I will.

tonileefiore
tonileefiore

Uhhhhh...yeah...no! What exactly is this?

After I got past the incredibly offensive opening notes, which I imagine are the metallic & rum scents, all I could smell was something akin to a pistol that was removed from an old leather holster. Uggghhhhhh! Awful!!!

Throw in the horse's rear-end (a$$) and you'll get the complete picture. WOW!!! Took me several tries to get past the incredibly offensive opening notes. Actually felt nauseated. Gun metal & leather on me. Straight off the horse's sweaty butt.

Cotton-candy? Candy apples? Toffee? Sweetness? Where? Got more offensive during its dry-down. Refrained from scrubbing but my-oh-my.

Just not for me.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I am usually attracted to strange "things".... Or people..... Or places .... Well... Given that all the reviews that seem to be heading , one way or another, towards the label "weird ", I decided to blind buy this perfume, despite the price tag.
First of all, the packaging is beautiful. Secondly, I own Amour Nocturne from the same series and I just love it ! Is that one strange? Absolutely! So how could this one be, after a number of reviewers called it " grotesques" , " weird", "ville ", etc ?
Well, to my sheer surprise I find it totally wearable ... With springlike notes, fresh, sweet, youthful , in an unconventional way. The cotton candy is the dominating note according to my nose. It's mixed with musc and some undefinable fruits, not necessarily Apple. The boozy note makes it more mature. The metallic notes aforementioned are not heading towards the stale blood scent as in Secretions Magnifiques at all.... Conversely, they are giving more of a cold feeling.... A cooling sensation that almost makes me think "mentholated ", even though there is no mint in the composition.
The silage is very soft on my skin, lasting power average. The scent dries down to a skin scent that is vanillic clean , edible, without the initial sweetness .
If it wasn't for the unusual combination of rum with the other ingredients, I would call this a spring scent... But it does have a kinky , dirty little facet.
Overall, I wish it was a bit stronger, since it's an edp. But I love it just the way it is.
So my conclusion here is that no matter how the reviewers are describing a scent , it should still be tested on your own skin before dismissing . You never know what gem you might discover .

aristocrat
aristocrat

One of the finest perfumeries in the world. One of the best perfumers. Beautiful packaging & an interesting concoction of ingredients.... this should be a master piece but in my opinion this perfume would be intolerable to wear even as a functional mosquito repellent!
Some perceive the metallic note as blood like but mixed with the soft cotton candy and the fresh apple note... to my nose, it smelled like a damp garment that had been exposed to intense heat and had become singed.
I had the opportunity to test it in my local TK MAXX where it's currently selling for just €39.00 & luckily for me a curious customer had removed the outer packaging. It was on my list of possible blind buys but that wont be happening now even if it's reduced to €1. It's absolutely vile! Sorry!

drummy7
drummy7

My friend got a sample of this today and OMG more than Deliria it was Delirium tremens..... a big NO NO for me: just reminded me of my teenager bubblegum days :( .... and very potent which made it worse. She had very hard time to get it off LOL

lat
lat

I'm sorry but this is the only fragrance that makes me gag.
The combination of apple + metal notes on cotton candy with rum is too much. I'm sure that for some it smells delicious, unfortunately for me Deliria makes my stomach turn.
It is a VERY interesting fragrance, nevertheless.

reignydaze
reignydaze

Sucking on Lovehearts during a thunderstorm. Sweet, cold smelling ozone. The metal note adds difference, the sweetness makes it beautiful.
I am really loving this stuff, I can't get enough of it. Industrial indeed....spun sugar on scaffolding.

Madda
Madda

A young guy in the mid 90's. The night was very tough, poor spoiled, and even the next morning:. 3 discos, 5 pills, 500 kilometers. But today is Monday, time to put the tie, prepare the schoolbag and return to real world. The music that resounds in the arteries, sparks in the eyes, and the belief of being immortal.

svetlana.kogan.73
svetlana.kogan.73

OK, folks, sniffing Deliria sample off my wrist was a seriously disturbing experience for me. I suppose it is the metal note, which smelled so distinctly like blood to me. And mixed with the apples! A hungry vampire? I tried to have an open mind. I waited. I reapplied. Same linear bloody apple.

samisweets
samisweets

, purchased completely blind while shopping in TKMAX in Broadstairs Kent during the weekend for a WOW bargain of jst £29.99 instead of £ 135.00,(not sure if tkmaxx have any left but do look) got very fast onto the wifi to find out reviews and when I read the lovely notes brought it immediately even if in the end I wouldnt of liked it ..didn't quite realise however once on my skin what a very odd,yet enchanting sweet and totally delicious concoction this would be,...I love to be different and not follow the norm so this is a bargain I wont stop wearing now,,,definatley fairground memories candy floss fun with the rum dizziness of the waltzers and midnight fruitiness of caramel toffee apples this to me is gorgeous warm sweet and yummy even more delighted that I got it if it has in fact been discontinued,,, do try it girls you may be very surprised how addictive it is xx

nexangelus
nexangelus

As an experiment, this is interesting. As a perfume, though, I am not sure. I get the sweet, caramel apple. The metallic note seems more rubbery to me and it puts me off. I end up with a rubbery alcoholic whiff. Confusing, the lines are indeed blurred with this one. I suppose the real taste test would be spraying a good dose and seeing reactions from people...

małgorzata.kupiec
małgorzata.kupiec

Sweet, freshly baked unpeeled apple and metal scrapes from beveling iron. Just it. No cotton candy, no caramel, no rum. Very soft and close to the skin - almost udetectable.

I asked my fiance if he smells anything and he said "Too fruity".

Mickfinn
Mickfinn

This fragrance smells like bobbing for candied green apples in a metal tub full of rum. It is strange but mesmerizing. After many applications of the sample, I could not get enough. I bought a full bottle and it is well worth the price. I have received many compliments on this scent.
The metallic smell undergirding the apple, rum, and candy floss notes makes this scent what it is, fantastic!

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

I really like it. It's a very long lasting fragrance that doesn't have a monster sillage, it's just right. I also can't detect any metallic notes on me, it's all about fun, childhood and coziness.
The warmth and sweetness of the scent reminds me of Loukhoum - it's delicious.

framorena

This review to say I wrote an e-mail to l' AP and they confirmed this is now discontinued.
Sigh.

framorena

Really I can't detect any metallic note, but much rum and apple, that make this fragrance sweet and aromatic the way to make me desire it, since I adore sweet but not fruity-vanillary ones. I find this and Onde Sensuelle better and more interesting than Rappelle-toi (which reminds me a perfume I used when I was a teen, Gai Mattiolo "that's amore", now available at the price of 17 euros on the web).
Definitely for those who like sweet "zombie" rum (rum with fruitjuice in it...), no flowers here, but really, I think they are not needed.
The drydown gets less sweet, making the whole evolution of the perfume even more enjoyable. Finally something new and unespected!!

PS: I suggest you to buy every AP on the official website, it' s one of the rare cases when buy there is cheaper than buy from authorized dealers (140 vs 170 euros!)

DLCrumpet
DLCrumpet

Like others have pointed out, this is a very odd and unusual fragrance. When I first sprayed it onto my skin, I could definitely smell the apple and rum. After it dries down is when I notice the metallic notes the most on my skin. Before purchasing the sample, I'd imagined this would smell similar to a carnival, but I was shocked to find out the fragrance smelled nothing like I thought it would. Often, I find myself constantly smelling my wrists because it's such an odd fragrance and I find sniffing it to be quite fascinating. I'm not really sure how to describe the scent, the only way you can get an idea of what Deliria smells like is if you smell it yourself. I can't say I've ever smelled anything like this before.

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

Industrial J-pop.

coco76
coco76

Update: This is one of those fragrances that you keep going back to the sample asking yourself 'what is it with this perfume??!!'....I bought a decant from the Court when they had a sale and started wearing it...and surprise I fell in love with it. I find that not everyone can smell the metallic note...and although its and odd note its compelling to me for some unknown reason. My mom thinks it smells like baking 'but not in a sickening way' (she does not like perfume as a rule and HATES overly gourmand scents) I had someone ask if I was drinking white hot chocolate when I was wearing it and my husband thought he smelled watermelon (!?) when I first sprayed it on....its sweet but not overly so in my opinion. Found it for a STEAL on Ebay and purchased it for myself for christmas...it was half price and I could not pass it up.

Bubblegum...and I guess the metallic? although its not REALLY metallic its almost like a skin scent...I like this one its ODD and I'd like to have it but NOT for $280! I like it but i'm not obsessed with it.

Lana148
Lana148

Apple + sugar + rum + metallic notes?

It smells interesting... The opening got my attention. It's nice and repulsive at the same time. The metal note really throws me off.

The dry down smells like candid apple - apple scented candle on me.
I appreciate L`Artisan doing something different, but I don't think this one will be a hit.

virga
virga

A weird one, but truly distinctive, I have never smelled anything like this before. Deliria is like a knife after cutting caramel cake – it smells sweet and creamy (vanilla, caramel, powder – I smell no apple at all), but with a strong cold metallic note, which stays prominent all the way. I cannot imagine myself wearing it, but testing Deliria was definitely an experience. Staying power and silage are great.

devdev12
devdev12

To me this smelt like green apple and then turned into a sweet, bubble gum scent. It is great! Very girly and fun fragrance.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

this is weird, it smells like melted candy and sweet syrup spilled over metal counter. And as it gets heated under the sun, the sweet sticky and metallic come together, and then you are able to pick up this boozy fermented fruit scent... somewhat odd, but strangely familiar, this goes to my want list!

misslovely
misslovely

A very odd fragrance indeed. At first, it is very sweet and then the metallic notes come through. Not sure what to day about it, only that I didn't like it.

Cddimauro
Cddimauro

This is a strange scent...to me it smells like the inside of a brand new car, freshly painted, that's been sitting under a hot sun. It's very metallic and leathery to my nose. Not completely unpleasant, but not something I'd want my skin to smell of. I'm glad I got to try it, but I won't be purchasing a bottle.

lalaps
lalaps

It's true that this perfume is both sticky sweet AND metallic. Such an odd combo.. I like it. It's unlike anything else I have.

donnaspi
donnaspi

My chemistry works well with just about any fragrance and this is no exception. I am actually loving this. After 6 hours I still am getting hints of that carnival like sweetness and even the pineapple peeks out now and then which keeps taking me by surprise. Glad I tried this one. Thanks to Aedes for sending this as a sample!

rttoronto
rttoronto

This is nasty, I'm a little shocked that this composed by master Bertrand Duchaufour. i understand perfumery as art but lets keep it pleasing please.

smellslikedimond
smellslikedimond

smells like static electricity - not natural

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

عطر سويت هادي لا اشعر معه بتميز لدي عينه ولن افكر بشرائه وفر فلوسك .

I am sorry to have to say this, but I find Déliria, from the L'Artisan Parfumeur Explosions d'Emotions trio, quite repulsive.

I was shocked immediately upon wiping the gel from my peel-off sample card onto my wrist. What? A fruity-floral? A thick and gooey, very synthetic smelling fruity-floral? In fancy niche perfume packaging?

The notes list does not, I am afraid, lie: metal, cotton candy, toffee, rum? No wonder it smells gross! I certainly hope that no poor souls bought a bottle of this blind.

It appears that I am not alone in being unpleasantly surprised by this creation. I foresee discontinuation in its not-too-distant future. Perhaps the formula will be picked up for a future celebrity scent.

This is a big "no". I wouldn't buy a bottle of this even at a slashed discount price. Désolée.

danieq
danieq

This makes my stomach turn a bit, and makes me think of Blood Concept. The metal note smells of blood and the rest is sweet, blood mixed with cotton candy. Pass.

brightstar
brightstar

It's a funny fragrance. I think maybe all the dislike it's because the most of you take this fragrance too serious. Just remember your childhood and how you loved the smell of bubble gum. Deliria it's just this, bubble gum and sugar mixed with metallic notes. It's like a journey to a carnival ( there are rollercoasters on the packaging). Not to wear everyday but good to smell sometime (maybe with kids).

lisa o
lisa o

didn't try it on skin, on paper it's fun, but first really foody/candyfloss. then, the drydown is like the le labo aquatic base in some of their scents (helional or calone I suppose a bit like in neroli36), not that interesting and definately no emotional explosion. I find the price tag more than hefty...

silviaci
silviaci

This fragrance revives wild memories of me being a savage eight year old eating my afternoon snack of fruit and cookies inside my dad's garage, where he used to own a complicated, rich and certainly dangerous welding station. I never cared about hygiene issues and I'd play with dad's welding mask, pretending I was a Star Wars character, all the while breathing the exhalations from iron and various metal shavings and dust.
I think I had forgotten this peculiar memories if it wasn't for this extravagant, metallic infused "fragrance". Would I wear it? No, but I find this is a rather well done experiment in pushing fragrance outside its flowery-gourmandy-patchouly-fruity comfort zones. And I applaud it, because I feel so grateful for sorting out a distinctive part of my past that might have been buried forever.
I'm beginning to follow Bertrand Duchaufour in his wild search for the final explosive mixture (gunpowder, metal, wow).

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

From the notes (and the name, of course) I expected Deliria to be an uninspiring mess of a fragrance: well, the more I try it from my sample the more I’m positively oriented to it, although I do not feel totally convinced (the same thing happened to me with Amour Nocturne from the same series “Explosions d’Emotions” by L'Artisan Parfumeur).. there’s definitely something innovative but also very weird about this scent, I feel it can be considered as an unusual and maybe visionary take on the gourmand thanks to its strange unbalance of warm, a bit childish sweetness (I get the comparison with an olfactory Luna Park made by the previous reviewer) and almost screechy, disenchanted sourness.

I’m not fond of liquors and alcoholics in general, but the dominant presence of rum in the opening manages to create an interesting dissonance, like pairing a crispy, refreshing and almost herbaceous note to syrupy hard candies, specifically the citrus-flavored ones: in my native language there’s a funny word to describe the effect given by some bitter fruits (and drinks) to one’s tongue, but that effect is not unpleasant at all to the nose and it makes the composition very.. exciting? In the heart of the fragrance, where I imagined a heavy, overly sticky booziness I found instead a quite delicious blend of sweet rum, candy apple and sugar, very reminiscent of those amazing cakes filled with rum cream.. as it slowly settles on skin, Deliria gets softer and cozy (the candy floss?) but it does never really change or evolve, it just fades away.

Deliria definitely has something unique to it, but I think it really needs the right chemistry/wearer to work… probably a someway artistic, unconventional, eccentric personality would totally rock this fragrance.

meama
meama

228) Carnival
Oh oui, celui la est certainement un gros délire. De l'ananas, du métal et toutes ces choses sucrées qu'on retrouve dans les fêtes foraines. Ce n'est pas culinaire c'est plus proche d'une impression générale, celle d'un LunaPark mélangée avec cette odeur très particulère de fumée de fumigène (cela parlera aux gros sorteurs et à ceux qui ont déjà essayé Sécrétion Magnifique).
La composition est très bien faite, le contraste métalique/sucré se joue jusque dans la base, on passe d'un ananas à une pomme puis une barbe à papa, mais l'impression générale garde une certaine fraicheur.
Mon préféré du nouveau trio.

Oh yes, that's certainly a big delirium. Pineapple, metal and all these sweet things found in the fairgrounds. It is not culinary it's closer to a general impression of LunaPark mixed with this very particular smell of fume from fumigants (if that speaks to partygoers and those who have already tried Secretion Magnifique).
The composition is very well done, the contrast metallic/sweet plays far as the base, from pineapple to apple and cotton candy, but the overall impression retains a certain freshness.
My favorite of the trio.

SusyQ
SusyQ

Oh my, what is this? An odd mix of generic pineapple "bubblegum-style", ripe autumnal fruits, a metallic "coldness" (is that mint?!) - all wrapped together in a blanket of fleeting boozy rum. I don't know what to make out of this. I've kept smelling my wrist, over and over again for the past hours.

I'm fascinated, but I'm not sure I like it.

It's a new kind of scent but I wouldn't call it groundbreaking.

I'm struck by the "scented" appearence - it doesn't meld with my skin AT ALL: Despite 4 hours on my skin it feels strangely external; like I've sprayed an oddly smelling bugspray on my skin; a scent that's neither made for human skin nor human noses.

To sum it up: New, metallic, bubblegum-y, boozy, annoying, a little fascinating, wierd.