Designers » L » Woody « Groups

dislike

leather
caramel
Dzing! L`Artisan Parfumeur for women Pictures

Dzing! by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Woody fragrance for women. Dzing! was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivia Giacobetti. The fragrance features leather, ginger, tonka bean, musk, white woods, caramel, saffron, toffee, candy apple and cotton candy.

Leather Ginger Tonka Bean Musk White Woods Caramel Saffron Toffee Candy Apple Cotton Candy

Mayfair
Magic Circus

Dzing! Fragrance Reviews

Madrona
Madrona

Bizarre. It indeed opens with leather and dung. Very animalic. Then at some point it goes DZING! and it goes candyland and hay. Huh.

noblenose
noblenose

horrible, I had huge expectations from my favourite house but this was unwearable.

ssg
ssg

Hello all, I recently bought a bottle of this blind and whilst I thought I should like it, it's not really for me!

If you are interested in buying the 100ml bottle (only a couple of sprays to test) then please private message me.

UK only please due to postage restrictions.

micavana
micavana

After reading reveiws, I recently picked up a bottle of DZing! I get an Animalistic, BO, leather and musk vibe from it with a little bit of sweetness thrown in. I understand the circus references by other reviewers and can almost picture the big top as I sniff it.

This is marketed as a female scent, but I can easily see this as unisex. I got moderate projection and longevity on my skin.

Overall not a bad scent, but very much a casual scent. I found out pretty quickly that it does not pair well with a sports coat. Next time I wear it I will be casual.

Le parfum c'est chic
Le parfum c'est chic

La famille des parfums cuirés est celle que j'ai apprivoisé en dernier. J'étais intriguée par ce type de parfum peut commun dans le merveilleux monde de la parfumerie. Je me suis toujours demandé ce que senttait un parfum cuiré. Lorsque j'ai appris que l'Artisan parfumeur produisait un cuiré, je me suis empressée d'aller le sentir. A ma grande surprise j'ai toute de suite aimé et été étonnée de la douceur de cette composition très originale. Je ne me lasse jamais de le sentir. Un autre grand parfum de cette maison incomparable.

gedlive
gedlive

Very novel, interesting. I blind bought Dzongkha and my sample arrived befor my bottle, so I was able to return it, didn't care for Dzongkha.
I just got my sample of Dzing, and still undecided if bottle worthy. It is similar to two frags I already have, Knize Ten, a leather classic, with amamalic castor oil. Dzing is leathery, and it has a peppery, musc, amamalic smell that reminds me of animals in the zoo, or circus, but not the dung nessiserily, but in general way. Someone said it smells like, "Rien" frag, true but not as much as Knize Ten.
There is kind of a sharp acrid, synthetic petrol, leathery smell, and ginger, balanced with candy apple sweetness.

I like the smell, its very unique and well crafted after the circus theme. But I don't think it's pleasant enough to wear, although it does warm up and smooth out after the opening, you get the Tonka and some warm base notes.

I think it would be nice for a young teenage girl, who loves animals and or the circus.

I don't think I will be purchasing soon, but I'm so glad I tried it, and it may be worth having as a very fun and novel fragrance in a colection. High marks for originality.

God bless. John 3:16

rumpusraider
rumpusraider

When first tried, this took me back to my childhood, sitting in the stands of the Circus, the animalic odors of the elephants heavy in the air. Really turned off (good memory but not "good" odors), I felt this was a strong miss for me.

Still, I like "challenging" scents and this one fit the bill. I was able to get a sample and after several wears, I can say, unequivocally, this also reminds me of how my brother's brand new Saab (with the leather interior) smelled, all animalic leather. In the later stages, the animalic note gets tamed and out comes a refined, and gentle, leather and cedar (or at least some woody note).

The longer I wear this the more it endears itself to me and the less the opening elephantine stink seems to bother me and this becomes less of an animalic fragrance and more of a leather one.

Not sure at this time, but I think this is slowly making its way onto my buy list.

Amal_Alz
Amal_Alz

I feel ambivalent about this perfume.

On certain fabrics it smells wonderful at the beginning but stinks in the dry down the next day.

On other fabrics it fascinates me in the dry down when it lingers after a day passes.

It's the first time I have a love/hate relationship with a perfume !

stylenurse
stylenurse

This is a very fun animalic leather fragrance. I personally find leathers like Knize 10 and Cuir de Russe to be either too austere, manly, or animalic. I find this one to be perfectly balanced and more feminine IMHO than the aforementioned. This was not love at first sniff. I had to let this one grow on me. At first, it was hard to get over the overbearing animalic/barnyard smell but give it a few tries. Of all the people I forced to sniff this perfume it turns out I was the only person smelling the crazy barnyard smell. Once I got past this complication I could only smell amazing leather with sweetness in the background. The smell lingers all day on your skin and keeps you in a soft cloud of sexy sweet feminine animalic leather.

I had this one long ago, mainly because if people for once decide to give me a perfume they never care to ask first or just imagine my tastes while they know my perfumes. "Something different and original" they said. For sure, it is different and original. I'm quite sure that it was something given to them.
I just wanted it to be also lovable and enjoyable. No way.
It smells sugary feral. A dirty horned animal rolled up in strawberry candyfloss.
I perfectly get the Circus imagery, especially the people there not smelling good. I was a kid and while I was curious about circus I also got the suffocating tent feeling.
Of course, for most lovers it's me not getting the beauty here. No, I don't. It gave me the nerves, really provoking a physiological response of anxiety. I'm annoyed, because it's not a badly made perfume. Just not for me, not now, maybe never.
The funny thing that among all the short-living L'Artisans this is one of the few that stay on skin for a good while.

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

Oh yeah... This is why I love niche. You come across one of these type of scents that are just totally original. Now I have to admit, smelling this at first right off the plastic stick from my sample decant, I was like...uhhhj.. But after I applied it on my wrist and waited a little bit I was able to connect with all the positive comments everyone has made on here.
I will have to say I favor the dry down most but overall it's a journey to experience that I don't care to have changed. It's great for what it is and I'm glad to add it to my collection. This is NOT a blind buy fragrance.

villey91
villey91

I have a sample bottle of this and it's almost over. I need to buy this or ask as a present for Christmas. I so love this scent. I've never worn it publically so I don't know what kind of reactions this kind of scent makes people have. I like how it brings up all kind of memories from my childhood's circus adventures. Also this smells a little bit like camp fire... with smores? But that said this is really unique scent in my opinion! If I'm getting this and start wearing it sometimes then I propably will layer it with some sweet vanilla perfume because I don't want this to be tooo animalic, balsamic or "weird". I love the woodiness and cottoncandy, but on its own this might have just a tiny bit too much benzoin and leather for my liking. But I still like/love this scent! Santa!

Florista
Florista

What a great all around perfume. It sits close to the skin yet doesn't make me yearn for more strength like many other soft perfumes do. It has that kind of natural goodness to it that makes it a pleasure to just smell my own skin. And from a distance, others just smell an attractive, woody, faint, clean scent. The initial notes of leather and animal pens is obvious enough to make me smile and remember forgotten places. The flipside of popcorn and candy is just as tastefully handled, never overbearing or too sweet. It's a scent memory of some pretty extreme smells only with their color turned down, making this wearable but still interesting.

afartherroom
afartherroom

I've never been much of a fan of sweet oriental perfumes. It's not that I don't care for the smell of vanilla--who doesn't love the smell of a sticky black vanilla bean?--but that personal fragrances based on those notes have a weird way of making something deep within me recoil and flinch away from them. Perhaps I was simply far too traumatized by the 1980s. I lived in New York City at the height of the loud orientals era, you see, and I commuted to work by subway. By RUSH HOUR subway. So as hesitant as I am to draw the ire of the perfumistas by admitting this, I was indeed one of those people who heaved a giant sigh of olfactory relief in the 1990s, when all of those new cool quiet "fresh and clean" aquatics finally replaced the deafeningly loud warm-spicy-yet-also-sickly-sweet-and-don't-forget-the-absolutely-*filthy*-come-hither-animalics! melange as the prevailing smell of the crowded morning subway car.

I know, I know. I'm so sorry.

Anyway, the point is that I didn't really expect to care all that much for Dzing! As far as I could tell, it looked to be a warm, spicy, candy-sweet, vanillic gourmandish yet also kinda fecal-filthy oriental. All of the things that I thought I didn't care for in a fragrance.

But then I gave it a sniff.

And then another.

And then another...and another...and another...

And then, only a week after my first whiff of Dzing!, I had somehow managed not only to use up my entire sample, but also to shell out more money than I thought I would ever be willing to pay for 100 mls, just to have a great big stonking bottle of this for my very own. I just couldn't help myself. I simply had to, you see, because this remarkably addictive fragrance smells like so many of the very best things on earth: of well-kept stables and tack rooms and warm sweet hay, of a healthy horse's neck when you nuzzle it after a good day's ride and the way that your palms smell after that same day of riding (the leather of the reins combining with your sweat and the fine fresh horse sweat to make something new and strange out of the once-familiar skin-smell of your own two hands). It smells of fresh-cut pine boards, ancient varnish, the tasty salicylated green inner layer of black birch bark; of sarsaparilla and sealing wax; of the inside of a lacquered Chinese false-bottomed box. It's the smell of schoolbook covers made from brown paper grocery bags and decorated with thick and redolent permanent markers, and of the enormous cardboard refrigerator box your parents let you play in when you were very small. It's all of the good smells of childhood and none of the bad: it's fatwood and toffee and that fried dough with powdered sugar they sell at the state fair. It's that funny brown benzoin your grandmother once dabbed on your scraped knee to make a bandaid stick better -- and it's also the weirdly rubbery old bandaid itself. It's dusty boxes in the attic, a forgotten cake of rosin found inside a velvet-lined antique violin case, shelves upon shelves of old used books, the fur behind the ears of a sun-warmed purring cat...

It's all of these olfactory memories at once, and yet it doesn't...quite...match any one of them perfectly. It somehow manages to be both intensely allusive and profoundly nostalgic, while never quite settling on any single precise referent.

And in the end, of course, like all the best fragrances, Dzing! smells like nothing but its own unique self.

I am absolutely, head-over-heels in love with this fragrance, but the thing is, I can also recognize that many of the reasons others have given for finding it gross are pretty much accurate. There *is* a fecal aspect to the smell of even the best-maintained stable, and while I may find that tang of well-aged horse manure to be not only inoffensive but even actively enjoyable, I can certainly understand why someone else might be violently averse to the idea of deliberately scenting themselves with it. Cat fur, similarly, is not a smell that everyone enjoys, nor is attic dust, and I am sure that there are many for whom the words "horse sweat" do not precisely ring out as a positive endorsement of a ladies' perfume (especially since, as my mother always told me, while horses are lucky enough to be permitted to sweat, and gentlemen may perspire, ladies must never do anything more than "glow"). And though I've always loved the turpentinic smell of rosin, I've never heard of anyone rubbing it all over themselves in a futile attempt at budget DIY perfumery -- unlike, say, vanilla extract from the kitchen, which very many young people do try to use in just that way.

So yeah, I get what others might find disgusting about Dzing!. Honestly, I really, really do get it.

But to me, it is just hauntingly beautiful.

beth54
beth54

After reading all the reviews, I'm confused! Is Dzing! full bottle worthy? I like a good skin scent but some remarks make Dzing! sound even less than that! If anyone has a bottle they want to get rid of, message me! I am dying to have some of this interesting fragrance!

weaselize
weaselize

This one didn,t do anything for me. After seeing and reading many praising reviews about this, being such a unique and fun scent, smelling like elephant shit and so on, my experience with it was nothing like that.
Nothing daring, unique, superlunary, special,....
A very mellow, very subtle leathery smell, a little musky/animalic and woody and maybe some caramel and at the base a soft vanilla/caramel/woody smell remaining. It is slightly sweet but in a mature way.
It,s like all the notes are evenly divided in a very mellow way that stays close to you whole time but it can be noticed.
It is not disturbing but also nothing special, you'll just smell nice.
It was afterwards i came to find out that this is a women's scent and i think it could be a whole different story when i smell this on a woman. I would think this woman smells good. Good for females, not men.

Hayley_6
Hayley_6

Wearing dzing today it is amazing i keep getting litlle wafts of it, perfect on a crisp autumnal day. Earlier whilst delivering flowers I was fantasising about wearing it, could already smell it.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Oh my God, this is a really weird smell !! the opening is very "animalic" something "shocking" .. I did say: (what ??) O___O is as if in a moment I found myself at the circus ahaha: D. It is funny! The initial part is not my favorite, but I waited a while, to evolve the other notes, and there the fun begins, and fun at the circus begins! XD. Surely it remains the strangest, and only a bit "crazy" scent I've ever heard! I like it, although the sillage is soft remains a particular scent, extravagant, and that only he can give you the real feel of the Circus! :), Advice for those looking for a perfume quirky, crazy, funny, euphoric ... this is Dzing! It is the circus in a bottle.

Sillage: 5/10
Scent: 8.5/10

Overall: 8./10

olga_adriana
olga_adriana

i knew on the first spray this would be my signature. This smell filled me with a sense of wholeness. I feel as though it were made just for me. I feel myself wearing this perfume.

i will die if artisan ever discontinues this

Amour, Michele
Amour, Michele

Circus?? Wildly animalic? Toothachingly sweet? Hm, I don't get that. But I do get a lot of fine leather and a barn/stable smell with a beautiful living animal in it. Probably horse. Then, there is a bit of caramel laced with ginger and saffron. People call this really weird or unique- I don't think it's that strange! It's quite comforting and refined. The leather is in it through out the progression but it's a little sweet but still has that leathery tang or... Dzing! It's very nice. I think the longevity isn't the best but it's not the worst- It's more of a skin scent for 2/3 of it's life. I totally agree with another reviewer that this would be perfect if you thought Bulgari Black was too much. This is really lovely! I think it's full bottle worthy.

marioslg3

the top animalic perfume of all, unique and wild....fantastic on a man as well as for a woman. smells indeed like circus and sex.

woodlandwalk

I had a sample of this a while back and didn't get the chance to fully test it.

I liked it enough from the sample to be excited about a bottle for sale on Ebay at a great price, and I've been wearing it for the past three days.

What a beautiful perfume for Autumn. It's now overtaken my previous Autumn favourite Cuir Fetiche. Dzing! is soft, complex, the leather is like the inside of worn suede gloves, the touch of toffee and apple never too sweet. There's a subtle dry-down of what feels like ambergris (salty/sweet, animalic but not too dirty), and a touch of spice that I experience as ginger, but others interpret as cinnamon.

For those who're concerned about sllage or strength, if you give a generous spray it's definitely noticable. I've now had two people comment on this spontaneously in as many days. One woman said 'it smells like a sort of cinnamon hookah pipe', another man thought it smelled like jasmine and leather.

Both loved it. I love it!

Perfumes fall into families that echo each other's mood while being distinct to themselves, so I'd say if you like L'Air de Rien but find it too cow dung-ish, Dzing! is perfect.

If you like Bulgari Black but find its synthetic rubber a litle harsh, you'll like the softer sweet leather feel of Dzing. Cuir Fetiche is a less well known perfume, but where I love it's amber/ambergris/suede floral blend, I find Dzing softer and more contemporary.

Dzing is incredibly easy to wear, soft yet subtly noticable, sophisticated yet relaxed, ageless, warm and sensual. Unless you're strictly into clean florals, or prefer soemthing with a powerful sillage, you really should give this a try.

It's up there in my favourite 'must haves' now. It's love, but the kind of love that's easy and demands nothing in return.

Olivia Giacobetti - genius!

gatsby
gatsby

a very nice and unique scent totally ruined by weak longevity and very poor sillage. Bought and ...put it back in the box for a sad gift. Synthetic fixing substances "wins" again. Disappointed.
2.5/10

Momenti
Momenti

"The Unbearable Lightness of Being" *****

There are not so may perfumes like this: caressing you like a mere illusion, you imagine the hug that never comes.

Dzing! is as impressionistic as Toulouse-Lautrec's paintings of a circus. You are left with a suggestion, and imagination is all you need to get all the ambience.

This is perhaps the most beautiful feminine leather on earth. Even better than Cuir de Russie, or, at least, its counterpart. So light, becomes unbearable.

(My tip: its performance is amazing in summer days)

6opar
6opar

I am close to defining which the seven wonders of the perfume world are for me, but surely Dzing! is the eight. The last time i was mesmerized by a perfume to such a scale was inhaling the perfecton of Dior Homme.
Dzing! is undisputedly one of the greats - animalic, sweet, leathery and musky synch that is inspirational, and playfully challenges and satisfies my needs. Masterpiece.
*****

massimilianoinquieto
massimilianoinquieto

Sono sempre più convinto che ci si faccia influenzare troppo dalle parole degli altri.
Io non ci sento niente di animale ne di sterco ne di selvatico, e non mi ricorda il circo.
Ma ricorda Black di Bvlgari, direi che è quasi uguale, lineare, ricorda l'asfalto,non ci sento nessuno zucchero filato, ne mele candite ne cioccolatini. Sono rimasto molto turbato dalla differenza tra le opinioni e il profumo come è in realtà.
Adatto a chiunque, dolce, tranquillo e lineare.

msmonochrome
msmonochrome

What a delightful little illusionist this scent is. Dzing starts with a walk down the midway with a blast of sawdust and stables, and what my brain reads distinctly as an idealized version of elephant dung. At about the 15 minute mark, the muskiness begins to fade, and there are distinct wafts of caramel apples, and large a fluffy pile of pink cotton candy and fizzy soda.

To prevent toothache from the sudden influx of sugar, the middle section is a slightly sweaty saddle leather, bridging the transition from that distinctly animal top section and all of the concession stand treats.

At about 90 minutes, the drydown starts and it's all baled hay and fresh cut summer grass, clutching your hard won midway teddy bear in sticky hands.

It is rare for a perfume to have such a well developed sense of wonder and humor, and I can't help but smile every time I put this on.

This certainly isn't for everyone, but I personally would love running away with this particular circus.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Um, this is the 'stable' scent, right.

So sad, the notes flatter to deceive but this is just plain trolling on a grand scale.

It's hideous in the opening; why does this smell like the innards of a farm barnhouse, or stables?? And, all the 'stuff' that's in there.

Apples, cotton? That all comes later, sweetness with gourmady cake like vibes.

It's like your having a dessert cake picnic out in the fields an some witch or wizard magically zaps you and your belongings from a grassy field (no green grass here just to say) - right into a barn. A populated barn.

Fecal, rancid and outrageous - was the parfumier duped with tranquiliser before this?

Sadly, while hilarious I just can't see the funny side in dropping $100+ on, well, droppings! On 'used' hay.

Yuck, an abysmal sick joke really. After 'Tea for chimney two' this House has not amused me for even crying.

Challenging, plain weirdom.

My rating: 2/10.

freakypirate
freakypirate

On first spritz I am covered in a cloud of dark brown animalic notes, mixed with dry hay notes and, well, dung. Not icky dung, but strangely enough, warm and fuzzy dung. After this big poof the scent quickly becomes sweeter. I can smell cotton candy and caramel apples with a bit of a fresh fizz, but also musk and a bit of peru balm. After the candy the scent changes again, in a warm peru balm and musky base with strange fresh and sweet sugary notes on top, that reminds me of how the outside of a tictac smells.

Longevity is moderate, sillage is soft to moderate.

The opening of this scent made me laugh out loud and yell WTF, elephant dung! The rumors were true! And it even was enjoyable, can you believe it?? It didn't stink one bit. The cotton candy, pretty, but the drydown, that strange fresh sweetness with an animalic base, the strangest combination ever. And I like myself a whole lot of strange.
About the notes-- I don't get leather notes, none at all even. No saffron either. I really wish the sillage was a bit stronger, but then again this may be a little too strange for the outside world of office drones.

glitterlust
glitterlust

Definitely the most delicate leather scent I've tried. It shares the same leather note as Black, Midnight in Paris and Maroussia but with the volume down.

Theres definitely an exquisite freshness of ginger in the opening then it softens into the leather note. I don't get too much sweetness, just enough to soften it up. I do get the reference to old paper and bookshops but it's very subtle. I was hoping for more of an animalic leather but it's still worth a look.

Sadly, the scent is is very subtle and only projects for 2-3 hours. It's a safe option for taking to work to reapply regularly.

Planet_X
Planet_X

You really can’t spray Dzing! with serious face of perfume-analytic, who is going to “dispel a common illusion” that Dzing! is a masterpiece. There is nothing to believe or disbelieve, do explode or to debunk.
Dzing! is Dzing! just like curcus is circus. It does has all stages and performances, and Olivia Giacobetti is a main illusionist in it.
Elephant’s droppings been mentioned plenty of times, right?.. Beautiful saddle leather and horse sweat…so what?.. The good thing with Dzing!, that to the moment you stop laughing after first 5-10 minutes of applying, been through whole childhood ridiculous episodes, its starts to be sweetly-mellow-caramel- wearable and enjoyable. And you sort of missing those first animalic notes, because you want to be surprised and want to laugh again. The base is really nice – wood with tonka and saffron , so charismatic and charming and cute.
It reminds me of one of my friend from childhood, who’s jokes were unbearable to me in that time and who’s behaviour was driving me nuts, yet if he would go away for a week, I would miss him badly and all people would seem boring and plain.
I Am simply glad, that entertaining Dzing! exists.

tfirebaugh
tfirebaugh

Dzing! Oh how I adore thee!

I've only been to one Circus in my life, The Barnum and Bailey. It was the typical tent show complete with high drama, soooo much noise with whips cracking, barkers calling, crowded somewhat smelly people, the occasional whiffs of overpriced concessions and the scent of merde de l'elephant redolent and ever-present.

Take away memories are that I remember being really sad about the whole thing, LOL.

I didn't realize that this was what Dzing was all about when I first tested it out, I just thought: "Mmmm, freshly made fine italian leather, popcorn?!?! tonka and the most beautiful and soul affirming musk that I've ever smelled.

My partner fell in love with it, and it has become his signature scent. The few times that I've stolen sprays and worn them to work people have sought out my fragrance trail to ask "WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?" and "I'M BUYING IT TODAY." Folks just love it.

I've made my peace with the Circus, and I appreciate Olivia's sense of humor in creating a safe olfactory experience for us to treasure without having to suffer the mistreatment of elephants and the odor of their dung in the process.

To Dzing!

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

The opening is humorous. I finally figured out what it was. It is not elephant dropping but soap with a touch of soft leather. In an oddly artistic way, it managed to be clean and dirty at the same time. This juxtaposition makes you scratch your head and wonder what the heck you are smelling. Before you know it, the mid and bottom notes peek out and instil this blankety tonka warmth into the composition.

I don't think Dzing is sweet at all. I am not usually drawn to sweet fragrances.

This is actually a very easy to wear perfume.

Angeldaisy
Angeldaisy

this is a beautiful perfume...i randomly bought it in TKMaxx from a massive pile of Artisan perfumes. arrrrgh. i think "i have to get one...which one? go for the one with the circus lady on the logo."

we live surrounded by countryside in Cumbria on the edge of the English Lake District...and this actually smells a lot like Kendal. we don't have many circuses, but we have street art festivals and markets and a massive Carnegie library...

i smell ghostly tannerys of past. the straw from the parade of farm animals that made their way down highgate, back in the day....the sweet aroma of Romneys. the snuff factories...Dzing is my home town and i love it.

it wears like a lovely feminine perfume. sweet vanilla base...

i love flicking through library books. i bought a couple of ex-library books recently from Amazon...i do smell this, yes i do. the sweetness of the pages.

leather, salty leather...the reason why dogs and kids like to chew it. mmmmm.

then suddenly, i remember playing as a kid in a massive open barn of bails of hay. we climbed to the top...(where were the adults?) and then one of us disappeared!!! there was a muffled noise...she was down at the bottom having slipped through about 15ft of bails to land somewhere else the other side. the game lasted for hours and i am pleased none of us suffocated or got crushed. in the days when we didn't wear car seat belts either. (oh to be a 70's liberal parent!)

so child safety, leather dog chews, kendal mint cake and hay aside....this is a beautiful perfume.

i love the whiff of this.

everyone should try Dzing! even if just for the silly name.

vallensvelvet
vallensvelvet

I find Dzing! kind of hilarious. When I wear it and catch a whiff, or sniff my wrist, it instantly brings a smile to my face - it's so wonderfully ridiculous. The opening is leather and petrol, but the image it brings to my mind most clearly is elephant poop.There's a nice gourmandy caramel behind that but what's up front is the weirdness: poop, leather whips and straw. It's smooth, high quality, a lot of fun and, for all that oddness, strangely wearable.

pauroj
pauroj

LOL i love this scent this was one of my first niche fragrances ever, i got it for free because where i live if you bought the big bottle of l'artisan you could get the small one for free!!!
anyways the first time i sprayed it, i thought elephants ! popcorn and hay , to me this is the circus in a bottle is not something i would wear but sometimes i feel like sniffing my bottle and smile

edit** someone at basenotes described dzing! as hippopotamus pooh LOL omg yeah (or elephant pooh ! as the reviewer above me :) ) , but let me reassure everyone this is awesome , incredible , delicious pooh not stinky one is really good worth trying and after 6 hr of wearing you get sweet hay thumbs up from me !

rainbowpickett
rainbowpickett

Imagine freshly laundered (detergent and soap) beavers, eating candy apples, wearing Chanel Nr 5 perfumed leather jackets, slobing around a haystack. The opening is fun – a tiny sting of ginger and cinnamon. Heaps of musk paired with the animal components of white florals (Kiehl's Original Musk) and aldehydes. Soft and bitter leather fading really soon. Soft woods as in sawdust. Hazy rose, coumarin and calmer musk.

tonileefiore
tonileefiore

I guess I am missing something but Arabian Knight summed it up for me! I tried a sample or two of Dzing! shortly after its debut a few years back and my memory is that I found the scent intolerable. I recently re-tried Dzing! and while tastes change somewhat, they do but not THAT much-smile.

I have to agree with reviews stating this is an odd and peculiar scent that starts out promising but goes downhill in a hurry...not in a terrible way but in an uncomfortable way. When I first applied the fragrance, I felt excited and very positive. I LOVED the strong and clear leather aroma with a bit of pipe smoke thrown in. I said to my husband, "Smell this and tell me what you smell," and he said "leather." Nice, I thought.

Middle notes were nondescript but certainly not bothersome; perhaps a bit boring, subtle...maybe even absent(?). I am by no means a perfume expert but I know what I like and I think I know what smells good on me. So, I'm still getting that smoky leathery scent...I'm good.

Well about 20-30 minutes into the dry-down, things changed very quickly and the fragrance flat-lined. Dzing! started to smell very boring, almost annoyingly so and yes, all I can smell is band-aids. Maybe it is the nurse in me but I thought, "Oh no...where did all the leathery goodness go?" All I can smell is band-aid & hospital...not good :0(

Maybe it is my chemistry but I would never purchase a full bottle of this stuff. After its initial promise, Dzing! totally disappointed. I imagine this is not an awful scent for some; however, it is just not for me!

guerlainfreak
guerlainfreak

This is absolutely wonderful. I'm no nose, I'm no expert, but I must say this is a study of contrasts. It first starts with a strong, musky, sweaty in a good way smell, with a sweet undertone. Then the saffron comes to the front, layered in top of the musk. This is an homage to the classics like Shalimar and Arpage, even the almighty Kouros, in an updated, flawless way. I live in South Florida so these beauty may not be recommended once we hit over 70 degrees. My only complaint with Artisan fragrances is that they surely don't project. But Dzing stays with you the way it should... it is intimate, it is sensual, it is sex in a bottle. Magnificent.

randy.devost1
randy.devost1

I wore this out on a cold winter evening and got so many compliments by the people I greeted with hugs and kisses. You could only really smell it when coming close, however it wafted out momentarily from time to time. Everyone kept telling their friends about how good I smelled, and how unique and inviting it was. Fragrantica sees this as a women's perfume, but I think when a young man, like myself, wears it, there's an extra layer of complexity to the experience. It made me feel attractive, confident and unique.

big70tom
big70tom

This is addictive. I just wish it projected and lasted longer. This is amazing frag. Outstanding

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Attractive leather fragrance, part smooth imperial leather soap. A toasty sweet scent underlies the swathe of leather, playing down its more masculine facets, especially as it wears. Makes me think of caramel apples and bonfires and the circus, something smooth and mysterious about it, yet still enticing. This leather is friendly, while still distinctly a leather scent. Not quite as refined as Kelly Caleche or sensuous as Bottega Veneta, yet somehow winsome. Really interesting pairing of the brisk and serious black leather and the carnival-esque sweet treats which make this scent charming. There's also a sparkle of saffron which adds even more dimension to this woody scent, a delicious hint of spice, which again leans masculine, but remains unisex. A winner.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This fragrance is so f***ing bizarre!

In the opening I get high-pitched varnish, a dense rubbery leather and some vague floral note. It reminds me of a hospital; that aura of sterile cleaning agents, latex gloves and a vase full of lilies rotting at the reception desk.

After a few minutes, it becomes warmer and sweeter, but certainly not in a way that even resembles the candy gourmand notes I'm seeing listed here. It's sort of like warm sawdust or hay, mixed with that curious hospital ether (⊙…⊙ )

At the most it's weirdly interesting, but not at all wearable.

henri345que
henri345que

I was here reflecting while wearing Dzing that there are, generally, two types of perfumery masterpieces. The first of them creates a shape that becomes very popular and ends generating many imitations and variations around its theme. The other type, in which Dzing fits, enters exotic lands where few are brave to go.The most interesting int Dzing is that it ally its exoticism to an extremely confortable and wearable aroma.This is one of Olivia Giacobetti masterpieces, a creative fragrance inspired on circus.However, this is not a literal circus aroma, but an impressionist circus exercise from the artist.There is some techinical features from the impressionist movent that you can fit in this creation: the capture of the aroma contours, the portrait of an environment, at least partly, of the nature (mainly due the suggestion, by using muysks, of the animals smell), the dissolution of the aromas. This is a circus harmony, the capture of environment mixture of the abstract olfactive space, of vanillic and caramel nuances from the candys, the leather smell of the canvas, the smell of the animals, the woody aroma of the structures, the sweet and buttery aroma of the popcorn bags.That all of this is present on a cozy scent and not at all scary is amazing. Yet after many years that i have smelled Dzing for the first time, its smell still amazes me, and how much i missed it lead me to repurchase it after having sold it in the past due its performance closer to skin (that today i fiz applying more of it). I feel that the current perfumery need more works like Dzing, able to leave you to places you haven't been and make you see certain environments from another perspective.

whykikiwhy
whykikiwhy

It reminds me of a childs leather pencil case, used for many years, then forgotten about and found many years later on a warm day while cleaning ,opening it again and revealing pencil shavings, and a couple of stray musk sticks & peanut brittle wrappers stashed inside

---------

I love D'zing it wasn't love at first sight, but it was love at my third attempt of wearing it, first time I sprayed it was dung with a sweaty candy drydown.

The second was peanuts, with a sweet toffee dry down

The third though, it was the circus!, I got leather,soft, broken in leather, warm ginger, hay, candy and musk straight from first spray, each note able to be deciphered but no note dominating the mix. And ever since then it's proper love D'zing is sexy, quirky, delicious and comforting in one scent which is a rare thing to possess in a modern fragrance

My cat seems to love it too often licking my wrists if I've applied it.

svetlana.kogan.73
svetlana.kogan.73

Into the cowboy land! Complex and invigorating leather, musk, vanilla, and safforn I sensed. I did not perceive any animalic aspect to this fragrance- so glad about that since I have been really turned off by animalic lately. Overall, great parfum to start your working day: makes you feel potent, energetic, and legendary.

stacia79

My newest love and to be honest, we are still getting used to each other. We started off as friends but now things are getting intense. A buttery leather, like a pair of soft gloves or a well worn jacket is the first thing I smelled. But after a little while the idiosyncrasies began to play peek-a-boo with my nose. Was that caramel apple? Ginger? Horse hair? What was that?? It scares me a bit and yet I find that exciting. I can't even say it's name without blushing, mostly because I'm not quite sure how to pronounce it or why it demands an exclamation mark. Dzing! is leading me to a side of myself that I never knew existed. I feel wild and free, like the world is at my fingertips. I don't know how long this infatuation will last but for now I'm head over heels. It's so well made and even if it all goes to hell in the end, I will always treasure my first date with this scent. Dzing! and I walking down the street, perfectly in sync, turning jealous girls' heads as we passed. Don't leave me. We have more adventures in store, so many secrets to reveal to one another.

Ursa Mater
Ursa Mater

I never imagined a leather scent could be so airy. I completely understand why Luca Turin described this as paper; I also get sawdust, light musk, the thinnest, palest, most delicate leather, and vanilla. It's odd, classy, both cozy and light, and somehow manages to be both substantial and completely insubstantial. Several hours into the drydown, when I thought it was just a mild radiant sandalwood and vanilla skinscent, I suddenly got a swirling waft of the papery leather re-emerging out of nowhere and revitalizing itself like POW! Perhaps that's the Dzing!
This strange, gentle perfume is like memories, half-forgotten, being examined anew in the dusty light.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

Animalic leather with soul.
Some leathers are just simple copies of suede, pleasant but that does not tell you a story.
Dzing ! is the exact opposite, it uses the cuir note to bring you somewhere in fantasy land.
It has this little something that reminds you of something you can't name, that evokes a souvenir.

Well done, this is perfumery not just a good smell !

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Dzing is a peculiar sort of weightless and really discreet animalic-leathery scent, with a sweet and thin texture which manages to smell minimalistic yet dense and dark. More than minimalistic, it’s actually “cozy”, like a Medieval miniature book: it’s all there, just small and thin. There is this leather micro-accord encrusted into a clean, dry and sharp floral-sweet frame, tamed down but warm enough, with fine woods on the base and a floral powder all over. Sort of an antique smell in a futuristic lyophilized capsule. Plus, it has something vaguely moldy-earthy which makes it even more fascinating, but also honestly a bit boring after a while, providing a feel of static and linear heaviness which won’t really go away for hours – close to skin, but heavy the same. Anyway, surely a fascinating work for sure, really well crafted and well balanced, evocative and permeated by a sort of nostalgic and melancholic gloominess well blended with its hyper modern texture – quite ahead of its time for sure. As other reviewers stated online, after some hours the very drydown is fairly (actually, much) similar to Dior’s Fahrenheit, just a bit drier. A couple of other defects for me: the linearity and the extreme closeness of projection, which makes it basically more than a skin scent – something you have to “look for” on your skin, otherwise you’ll forget you’re wearing it. I get the “discretion” and the composition cleanness, but... (however the persistence is everlasting).

6,5-7/10

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a decant. On my skin and to my nose, I get incense, ginger and a hint of saffron right off the bat. Sweet confectionery accord joins in moments later together with a subtle touch of barnyard skank. At this stage, it reminds me of my childhood fond memories of going to The Royal London Circus. It's really unique in my book and I like it a lot. Unfortunately, like most LP scents, it has below average projection and longevity on my skin.

CeciliaWilson
CeciliaWilson

It smells like working back stage at a circus. Loosening the leather straps and removing the sweaty horse's equipment, the smell of popcorn and warm sawdust from the ring. Hard work, strength, determination and pride.

stacia79

Old leather, pony hair, and caramel apple. I love this. Cannot explain what it does to my psyche. I feel stronger when I wear Dzing! Must try it again!

Scentmad
Scentmad

Opens like Dior's Fahrenheit and dries down to a lovely sweet, creamy confection that sits very well. I confess that I had higher hopes (given it's fan base and high praise) but for me it's just "nice" it doesn't rock my world but maybe it's a grower so I will give it a few wears and see if I fall in love with it.

Selina420
Selina420

Three of us crowded around a bottle of this in the shop. We'd been having a go at the entire line that day, but so far nothing had grabbed us. It was all far too polite. Then we got to 'Dzing'.

Having no information on the notes we were blind testing. I glared at the inscrutable image of the tiger - what did it mean??!

Charlotte emphatically proclaimed 'Its like a dirty Martini!!!'. And John agreed.

I goggled at them and felt slightly confused.
'Is it? Is no one getting a seriously animalic note?' I asked, to blank faces. 'A seriously animal enclosure, wood chipping and slightly stinky animal smell of delightfully soft animals?' Apparently not. 'Almost a polite cousin to Musc Ravageur -but with something really.... sweet?'. Nope. 'What is that sweet thing??? Its driving me crazy'...

'Its a dirty Martini!' Charlotte asserted. I deferred to two far superior noses than mine and we all agreed that it was by far our favorite perfume of the day. Whatever was in it, it was very very interesting and very very good and definitely worth having.

Imagine how pleased I was with myself when i got home and found out I was not entirely wrong about something for once. A magical circus - with tigers, leather, hay and toffee apples- of course! Hurrah for me - and Hurrah for Dzing!!!

Monday
Monday

Dzing! greets me with an abundance of rubber, sugary apples and leather. I get a faint suggestion of elephant poop but nothing too drastic. The top note is a sharp woodsy ginger. Dzing! is definitely sweet and gets even sweeter when it's drying down.
Once dry it settles into a good leather, super sweet apples, vanilla and cotton candy with rubber and still on top: ginger. It has enough sillage to go through a wall.
This isn't a fragrance for hot muggy weather like we have right now I find it too sweet and overbearing at the moment. I would love to smell this in autumn and winter though.
I like Dzing! it's different and keeps you intrigued. I personally don't mind the animalic notes it makes the scent feel lived in but in a good way like a squashy armchair.

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

A new, supple lambskin leather jacket tossed over the back of a chair in an old, dusty library. To me, Dzing! is the closest a scent has come to smelling like actual leather. Not masculine or feminine, just for leather lovers...period. The sillage is perfect and long lasting.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Leather and gourmand, such an odd combination that could have be an easy failure, but this absolutely works. It smells like predominantly leather the whole time. I don't find it too animalic compared to some other perfumes I have smelled that really smell like farm animal poop. This does not. I just smell soft, black leather, melted plastic, and a bit of saffron. As it evolves, it becomes sweeter and creamier, though never too sweet. I do smell a touch of caramel and candied apples, salty toffee...but sadly no cotton candy. Maybe if I could spray rather than dab? In the final drydown some 6 hours later, there is a lot of musk.

Final verdict--it does not necessarily remind me of a circus. That is something Coney Island would do better, but I still love the perfume. It's very pleasant considering I struggle with wearing leather notes. It smells very sophisticated but has a fun element to it that is irresistible.

Kain
Kain

I've tested several fragrances from the brand and most of them didn't get my attention except "Fou d`Absinthe" which is the best by the brand in my opinion and now this one.
This is a well made fragrance that good blend of notes makes it very wearable for almost anybody.
The opening is a strong musky scent with warm and pleasant honey sweetness right beside it and a little bit of floral from saffron. there is a little bit of animalic leather but completely in the background.
These notes are smooth and very well blended together and there is nothing offensive about it.
As time passes, the honey sweetness goes to the background and I can smell a little more animalic leather and a little more saffron and musk is still strong and easily detectable.
The animalic feeling of leather is very smooth. it's not stinky and daring like "Dior Oud Leather" for example.
Projection is above average and good at the start but after 2 hours sticks to the skin and lasts for about 5 hours until disappears from the skin.
Very smooth and pleasant musky leather which can be worn by men as well. I like it.

تاحالا چندین عطر از این برند تست کردم که اکثرا یا معمولی و تکراری بودن و یا بد و تنها عطرهایی که خوشم اومده یکی فو د ابسینس بوده که بهترینه برای من و بعدش هم این
یه عطر خوشبو و دوست داشتنی که تناسب بسیار خوب بین رایحه هاش نکته مثبت بزرگیه تو عطر و اونو تبدیل میکنه به یه کار خوشبو که تقریبا همه میتونن ازش استفاده کنن
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی قوی و کاملا مشخص مُشک شروع میشه که بوی گرم و شیرین عسل هم در کنارش حس میشه و مقدار کمی رایحه چرم و مقدار کمی رایحه زعفران هم اینارو همراهی میکنن
این رایحه ها همه با دز خیلی خوبی با هم ترکیب شدن بطوریکه هیچ چیزی توی ذوق نمیزنه و آدمو اذیت نمیکنه
با گذر زمان حس شیرین عسل مانند کمی ضعیفتر میشه و بوی چرم و زعفران کمی قویتر
چرم یه تلخی ملایم و یه حس ضعیف کثیف و حیوانی مانند هم داره اما حس حیوانی اش خیلی آرومه و اصلا بدبو و اذیت کننده نیست
پخش بوی نسبتا خوبی داره اولش و تو محیط خوب پخش میشه اما بعد از 2 ساعت پخشش خیلی کم میشه بطوریکه فقط خودتون بوشو حس میکنین و ماندگاریش هم در حد 5 ساعت روی پوست هست
عطر چرمی زنانه بسیار ملایم و خوشبویی هست که خیلی راحت میتونه یونیسکس باشه و آقایون هم ازش استفاده کنن

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

If you like this but don't like the skanky note then you'll love skin on skin :)
I happen to like the skank , lol

@lalaps (post below) is right, Dzing! is tough to describe

(Thanks @insense for sample!)

It's doubly complicated when comparing with Bulgari's Black, and I've decided to wear them both at the same time since people have said they're similar

The opening notes are where most of the disimilarities lay, so I won't go into that. Wihin half an hour the similarities are more marked. I'd describe those as sweet, slightly fruity leather (in bulgari that's bergamot/rose/leather/vanilla, in Dzing! - apple/leather/vanilla)

The differences though are that Bulgari has more claws because of its smoky notes, and, to me anyway, Dzing says something gentler - it's more about hamsters sitting amongst the straw chewing an expensive leather handbag. I can't get that image out of my head actually, and it makes Dzing! feel somehow cute and gentle.

Its also made more gentle than Black thanks to (what feels like) more natural ingredients, or it's something to do with the tranqulity and gentleness that Olivia Giacobetti seems to bring to all her perfumes, radically different though the materials may be. But these are all just my amateur impressions, this comparison of perfumes by two of the best noses in perfumery is more a reminder of how very little I know, as always I have loads of questions, but never mind..

Put simply, Black feels more femme fatale with its salty/smoky/sweet feel, whereas Dzing (to me anyway) is a slightly odd, but cute, hamster-loving girl who ran away to work in a pet shop. It's a lovely comforting subtle leather, with subtle gourmand notes, but I can't get fluffy hamsters chewing handbags out of my mind, it's quite lovable!

Sillage - soft, close to skin, lighter than Black
Similar longevity - around 4 hours, longer on clothes

lalaps
lalaps

Wow. This one is tough to describe. It's so interesting. It's not at all what I imagine when I think of putting on perfume, but it's not an unpleasant scent by any means. There's something pungent, yet metallic. Yeah, that's it. It smells like the lovechild of a pony and an inanimate object in some way. Like a carousel. Like horses and gears. It's very interesting.. I'm going to keep sniffing and see what reveals itself to me. I might actually try wearing it and see what happens. I'll report back (though it may be a while - I have many other samples that I'm eager to wear).

Edit: I'm prob never gonna get around to it. If anyone wants this sample, let me know.

Q80
Q80

well... ummm.... smells like plastic, rubbery, sometimes sharp, or some burned plastic. i don't know... i don't get it. this is the second time im smelling Dzing! since almost a year now and nothing changed i just realized now that it's not my type.
the only thing that is good about this perfume to me is when it dries down right after 2 to 3 hours, it goes soft and calming perfume.

(1 Sept 2014) as of 3rd attempt, i get that rubbery note still, with a bitter apple note, something sweet that smashed into a bitter note. i guess that bitter note is sculptured as the leather! something like spandex, harsh leather or harsh spandex. then i smell a burning plastic!!

this scent is trying so hard to show that unknown sweet cord but that harsh rubber-spandex-leather is smashing it roughly to take the lead. quite simple and sometimes i feel it's confusing. needs more try to get used to it.

pravda48

I want to add an odd note: sometimes when I wear Bronze Goddess (the body oil!) I get the same fascinatingly mouth watering sweet musk smell I loved so in Dzing! Very interesting....

ALSO Edit to add:

I really really hate Bvlgari's Black. I do. It burns my nose and smells like an artistically bottled rendition of the way my clothes smelled after being in a biker bar where someone did a burn out. Burning, tar-covered rubber all the way.

And I love Dzing! so I find them almost nothing at all alike. The comparison perplexes me to this day.

-RJ-seventh
-RJ-seventh

The beginning is brave.
For me, this is Pony + Musk + Caramel.
Reminds YSL Body Kouros (which is only musk and caramel, sweeter).

Although I have sniffed something like that, this has its own personal story, adapts to your skin.
It gets very good :)
Don`t be afraid of hanging around like a zoo :D You don`t!

I like the fact that none of the main components does not dominate.

Truly unisex.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

Dzing! supposedly captures the smell of the circus and many of the reviewers below smell candy apples, hay and manure. To me Dzing smells of the circus because it is such a young, happy and innocent fragrance. It gives me that feeling of a wide eyed little kid at that circus, that sense of wide eyed innocence and uncomplicated delight, before awareness of the suffering of the animals and the seediness of the people take all the fun out of it.

When I first put a small spritz on my wrist, my first thought was "I know this smell." After about ten minutes of bafflement trying to figure out who I knew could possibly be familiar with something so niche, I realized that it was reminding me of Bvlgari Black, which other reviewers have also noticed. It's less rubber and more fecal than Black in the beginning. I'm not a fan of Black so I was happy that this phase faded after an hour and then I came to the happy phase of Dzing!

This long middle phase which last three to four hours on me, is lovely, fresh fun and so cheerful. I can't pick out any notes but I love it.

Αλεξάνδρα

A tamed tiger, but still a tiger!
(Dzing! revisited)

marioslg3

Where r the similarities with fahrenheit, i cant understand.....what the heck?

morgagni
morgagni

very leathery, rubbery, animalic, with a touch of vanilla, If there were a Shalimar pour Homme, it would smell like this. It is like Shalimar EDP, without the strong Bergamot top note, minus florals, with the vanilla toned down. To me, it is very musky and animalic, and thus masculine and/or unisex.

marioslg3

I detest female fragrances on men so carlosrafael i consider this as androgynous and not feminie...whatever is sweet somehow does not mean that is feminine and all this animalic notes, are easily considered masculine...so if on yr skin this is feminine, it has to do only with yr skin...at least unisex maybe but not entire feminine at all...

brightstar
brightstar

After I applied Dzing I said to myself "What's wrong with me? How can i love the smell of stable?" For the first hour Dzing smells exactly like stable, a mix of hay, horse hair, cow (I wouldn't say dung, have you evere smelled dung? Not at all similar to Dzing). For the first time ever the concept of the fragrance and the smell perfectly match. Dzing pictures a perfect circus, with the smell of animals and leather. In the drydown all the crazyness disappears and leaves the sweet smell of toffee and vanilla. Dzing is fierce, difficult to wear, I don't know if I'll feel comfortable wearing it in public. Like other Artisan it's a masterpiece, not suitable for everyone but surely worth a smell now and then. Don't blind-buy it.

marioslg3

I have just received a bottle from UK as a friend was there and bought it for me...i couldnt find it on line easily...
A lot is being said about this perfume and i was very interested in trying it as is said to remind bvlgari black etc....so, from the first spray i was impressed by the uniqueness of this perfume.....dont see ANY similarities with BB...any....this is totally unique perfume....and the great thing is that i smell circus...i smell the animals, the gasses from the electric generators, the pop corn, the candy apple, all that have to do with a circus...you can smell the leather, the toffee sticky and dirty, the humidity that enhances the smell of horses....this is not a perfume, is a place, is a picture, is a reality...although somehow sweet, i see it as a more androgynous perfume than feminine....and the dirty sweet vanillic drydown, reminds mouchoir de monsieur by guerlain with its civet,lavender and sweet vanilla....personally i adore animalic perfumes with sweaty accords and this is no exception to it....a perfume that everyone which is into fragrances should try....longevity and sillage are acceptable for a l'artisan perfume
UPDATE:
Together with the leather and musk, definitely there must be some civet there...the animalic nature of the perfume in the drydown reminds perfumes with civet, like mouchoir, jicky, kouros and gold by amouage...
The animalic smell of the perfume is stronger when the weather is not cold and weaker when it is cold..i dont find it so sweet as others say and in comparison with traversee du boshpore which is a leather perfume, this leather in dzing is much stronger and more obvious.
In other words, outstanding...out of this world how accurate the circus is in the bottle...

mereltje

Forget to say: this El Nabil lasts for ever!!!!

mereltje

If you want to try a perfume that smells like this, only moore animalic (elephant poop!) : try El Nabil White Oud. A very strange, animalic, musky perfume. If you put it on and you close your eyes: like you're in the Circus. Elephants, horses, leather, you smell them all. Very unique, i realy like (love?) it.
Not something for me to wear it every day and I don't wear it in public. But at home I like to wear it once in a while. And then my whole family says: Oh, you're wearing your poopie-smell again...

miniwidget
miniwidget

I love this and miel de bois. I am forever buying other random perfumes that are less costly on ebay, only to be longing for these two wierd, stinky ones. I love Dzing, not sure why, just do. Love is love.

@marioslg3:

I find it unisex, definitely. While it is probably sweeter than you like if you don't like sweet at all, it definitely has a lot of 'dirty', great quality musk and leather vibe! But the sweet portion is unmistakable. I really recommend sampling first; it's so distinctly animalic mingled with caramel tones that it's been known to turn some people's stomachs.

(I love it, but it is hard to find an occasion for me to wear it as it's STRONG for a woman.)

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

It's claimed to be for women but is really unisex, I think. It's meant to invoke the smells of the circus: hay, candy apple, caramel. Does it? I have no idea; I've never been to a circus. It's sweet and very odd, I'll give it that. The notes are hard to place. Is that a sweet leather I'm getting? Or a slightly woody caramel? I like it - but probably not enough to buy it.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

I was expecting something more then just leather. Unfortunetly here I can smell just leather like a new , expensive handbag and in the end some tonka bean. That´s all. Bvlgari Black is a lot better!

Ditta70
Ditta70

Dzing! smells like the crazy but brilliantly beautiful child of Mr. Fahrenheit and Ms. Black. Absolutely adore it! WHY has it been discontinued????!!!!

marioslg3

I'm thinking to buy this based on the good review but i would like to know from you guys if is a perfume for male or female or unisex. Because it is classified as a woman fragrance.
From top to base notes, is it masculine or feminine? According to the notes, it seems that is starts masculine and ends feminine. can you please assist? I dont like very sweet perfumes or feminine smelling.

yvashche
yvashche

I don't buy L'Artisan because all of the scents I've tried lasted only a few hours on me. I wanted to like Treversee du Bosphore but detested it. Al Oudh was completely useless. I loved the pimento and pepper fragrances they carry (which no one has been able to present quite as well) but once again, they are gone within an hour or so. I was pleasantly surprised with my Olfactif sample of Dzing! It was my favorite of the three leather perfumes in the set. The opening is not harsh and there is a softness to the development: sniff right away, then again in a few minutes and there is a change. Both times are pleasant: spice, amber, something a bit dirty, intoxicating. I can see this being lovely on a man as well. Pleasant surprise.

remik
remik

Three very distinct phases in this one:

1. Beautiful leather opening, very realistic and rich, intoxicating. Not loud, fairly close to skin. It reminds me of Knize Ten here, just a little softer.

2. Slightly sweet and slightly rubbery vibe, not unlike that of Bvlgari Black (not identical, but sort of leaning in that direction). I think this is where the caramel and perhaps a hint of vanilla come through.

3. Almost a complete departure from the leather/rubber tones, shifting into spicy apple cider or caramelized apple.

Beautiful and smooth transitions between these three stages - which are definitely noticeable through the life of the fragrance. Longevity not the greatest, probably about 4 hours or so, but, it's a great ride. Very well done!

sidewalks
sidewalks

May I'm taking crazy pills here as I never see anyone make this reference with Dzing!

Does anyone else feel that this smells really close to Bvlgari Black? Dzing! is just a touch lighter in the plasticky rubber section, but other than that dare I say that owning both is a little redundant?

UPDATE: Okay I take it back. Now that I've spent a few days with it I see it as its own fragrance.

elusivek
elusivek

Due to my current state of mind, I get a completely different impression of this scent than others. I read the inspiration and have to say I can understand the reference to some of them but this in no way reminds me of a circus but then particular elements impact us differently.

Strictly as a perfume, the elements that stand out to me are leather, some sort of nostalgic plastic note (it’s a particular type of plastic, like the type of latex that mass produced cheap dolls used to be made of), a sweet note, perhaps the toffee but certainly not cotton candy or fruit. Then there’s the trace of spice intertwined with a tinge of cigarette smoke or incense, finished with an underlayment of skin still warm from a recent union (musk).

My overall impression is that for a man, it is masculine, rough and carnal, unapologetic in its base instincts and brazen impatience for satiation. For a woman, it strikes me as defiant, wanton, and bittersweet from the jaded realization that liaisons, however passionate, are only a temporary quelling of the pain from unfulfilled hopes and time flitting away.

Unique and powerful. Decent sillage, not overpowering, yet not a skin scent. Longevity is at least 6 hours. It's the type of scent that lingers in my mind, not just on my skin.

suzrwin
suzrwin

Dzing! is a chameleon. It opens with a powerful leather accord that is exactly like walking into a tack room at the riding arena. It is so realistic, it is almost shocking in its intensity, and my first reaction was, "whoa, pony!" It was just a little too much for me. My skin doesn't seem to register ponypoo like others experience, and for that, I am grateful.

But, it doesn't take long for the powerful leather to start taking on a more gentle nature. On me, the sweet aspects never overwhelm with sweetness. Rather, it is like being at the fair, and the scent of sweets comes drifting on the breeze from far across the grounds.

Dzing! fairly quickly moves to a sueded, vanillic, hint-of-musk skin scent on me. This is not '70s Jovan-style musk either, but just enough to make its presence known.

I love Dzing!, and have even come to appreciate that wild saddlery opening that left me agape the first try. At first, it felt too masculine (being one who really enjoys stereotypically girly pretty fragrances). But, by the time it wraps up, it feels very feminine, and dare I confess? My husband loves it on me.

maeverohan
maeverohan

My signature scent for evenings. It completely envelopes me starting with a damp leathery smell, then I get the candy effect and it is unbelieveably warm and sensual. My top pick.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

This smells like something that definitely came out of L'Artisan, or perhaps Diptyque if they ever did something with alot of leather. To me it's a clean, slightly spicy leather. I don't get any circus connotations or musk. It comes across more like a car interior than a stable. If you like leather, this is one to try at least before buying. For me, I prefer my leathers a touch more cozy than clean, like Cuir Mauresque by Serge Lutens or Cuir de Russie from Chanel. Like other reviewers have remarked, this is more like a skin scent to enjoy and lasting power could be better but I have accepted that on me L'Artisans are fleeting enjoyments that need to be resprayed during the day. I wouldn't call this weird, it is enjoyable for those who crave leathery scents. However, it does not drive me to a frenzy for a full bottle like the two above did.
EDIT: I eat my words. I think I suffered from nose fatigue which is why I stopped smelling the scent after a few hours. I wore the same pair of pjs the next night and Dzing came out and hugged me again. So it does last. I'm contemplating not washing my pjs...ever.

icingsugar

I thought I had a review on here but I can't find it.

Anyhoo, I have had my decant of Dzing! for some time now. After the initial curiosity of a concept fragrance inspired by the circus (in particular I was hoping for the description provided by Mr Stephen King in IT, when Pennywise the clown is around and children suddenly get the circus fragrances inciting them in to their impending doom) I tried it and found that I really got a sweaty leather smell like the underside of a leather watch when you have been wearing it too long.

I didn't like this, so I put aside the fragrance and started to layer it with chinatown which ultimately made it smell like an exotic market of unusual curiosities. However, tonight I have applied it by itself, and lo and behold...I finally get the sweetness! I would say it is more sugared nuts than popcorn...but sweetness none the less. There is still the hint of leather and hay (and I suppose what some people automatically associate with the scent of hay...animal poo) but it is oh so wonderful! I may have to stop wearing this as a guilty pleasure only fragrance and start wearing it loud and proud out (although it is fairly close to the skin so I doubt anyone would really notice). Fabulous!

pravda48

This is easily the most playful and intriguing fragrance I've ever experienced. I get very heavy caramel/toffee notes. And I mean REAL buttery caramel and toffee! (All other 'caramel' notes- Jessica Simpson, Prada, etc- smell like plastic-to-bugspray to me. L'artisan's smells edible.)

Then that animalic real raw leathery undertone...! It's mouthwatering and musky all at once, so I can definitely see the fair/circus inspiration. And just as eating funnel cake and caramel popcorn next to the petting zoo just seems part of the experience and makes it all the more lovely rather than turning your stomach, so does Dzing! tickle the senses and excite while being a fun juxtaposition of things.

Also yes, it smells like a horse stable. "Leather" & "Musk" are actually one single note here: the smell of a sweaty horse. I adore that smell. I take deep whiffs of my bottle often. However I know some people are very off put by that smell so I rarely wear mine.

EDIT: I've still never had anyone say they disliked it, and even in high doses where I didn't think I'd see anyone else that day, a few people complimented it and no one seemed offput by it. Maybe it's not as much of an acquired taste as I thought! :D

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

این دسته از رایحه های که عنوان رمز آلود را به خود گرفته اند را بسیار زیاد دوست دارم در مقایسه با یک خانم شیک شهری و یک سوار کار در مزارع که از تمام چیزهای اطراف خود از طویله گرفته تا چرم و شوری کنار دریا که طعم وعطر تمام زمانها برایم متفاوت و خوش عطر و بو هست ومیتوانم احساس سبزی چمن را خود را در آن آغشته کردیم را باعشق دوران خود یادآوری شود . برای من و یا او؟

sussex2
sussex2

Go ahead and call me a prankster, if you feel the need, but I have to admit one of the first fragrances that came to mind when first wearing Dzing was indeed Bvlgari Black (also Timbuktu). That is not to say that I find it to closely resemble the overall effect of BB but there is enough in the structure to remind me of it. Perhaps this is the way others feel when they click “This perfume reminds me of” – or perhaps not, as the case may be.

I have found that people interpret fragrances in different ways, have different tastes and that some (or all) fragrances can react differently depending on the wearer, the temperature, the humidity, etc. There is also the issue of fragrances being purposely altered by the manufacturer over time or mixed in slightly different ratios between batches.

I don't get anything animalic from Dzing whereas others do. I find it to be sugary and very slightly floral/fruity but mostly it smells like sweet paper to me. It is quite a strange fragrance that works very well in my opinion.

Dzing wears slightly louder than a skin scent and lasts well. This is the combination I like best. I'm too old to be shouting out, "look at me I'm wearing fragrance over here." I still love my scents but prefer to take a more subtle approach. Having said that some of my favourite fragrances are very loud. But a plus side of the quiet approach is: if you only use one squirt of, for example, L'Air du Marocain per wearing the bottle is going to last a long time :). Fortunately properly stored perfume will last a long time.

I love Dzing but realise, as with any fragrance, its not to everyone's taste. Either way its a great name for a fragrance - in my opinion of course ;).

ADD.
After finishing my sample I had to buy a full bottle - of course. I can now notice a faint horse manure mixed with straw in the first 20 minutes or so. It isn't offensive and fits in well with the circus theme.

aphexacid
aphexacid

Fragrantica is funny. Thousands of prankster and funny people.

Its funny to click the "this perfume reminds me of" button for 1 Million, and say it reminds you of Secretions Magnifique. Its funny because not only is it a running joke in the perfume community, but there wont be any harm done. Even if someone really believed it, who would shell out $150 instead of $50 for 1 Million?

But its all fun and games until someone gets hurt.
I came to do a review od Dzing! and saw that a ton of people seem to think that it smells like Bvlgari Black. Really? REALLY? That might actually make someone go track down a bottle of Dzing!.

Dzing! smells like a wealthy women wearing perfume walked into a horse stable, walked around for a few minutes, and then YOU walked in right after her.

Its a stomach turning mixture of Floral, sweet, and zoo animal.

This is NOTHING like the vanilla, tea and leather Bvlgari black.

Longevity: TOO LONG

Projection: Average

Scent: If you like to smell like flowers, candy and a ZOO...Have at it!

lwil6605
lwil6605

Begins with a balloon bouquet in one hand & cotton candy in the other. This lasts around 2 minutes... tops.
The next development is a soft animalic musc reigned over by a raw/authentic leather (the kind you'll find in a saddlery or an old shoe store).

In the theater of my mind I can see the circus...but only for a moment. A well done frag in the scent department. The opening is what I like about this

jtd
jtd

I've been thinking about how we consider perfumery not just an art but an art form.  Many would agree that perfumery is an art, in that it involves creativity and beauty. But fewer would consider it more broadly an art form, having recognizable trends and aesthetic criteria. We haven’t been taught to view perfumery as a form that fosters critical thinking.

A confusing point is that terms such as genre, school, trend and movement tend to be used interchangeably when discussing the categorization of perfume. It's worth making some distinctions for the sake of understanding perfumery as a specific art form.

Trends are easy to identify and discuss. Trends are simply grouped occurrences identified after the fact. Even trends that we speak of in the present exist as patterns that have already occured before we identify them. The trend of the fruity floral, the trend of ethylmaltol use, the trend in the 1920s-1930s of referring to balsamic, resinous perfumes as "oriental".

We refer to schools loosely as either 1) using a specific style, or 2) broadly making a distinction between traditional and non-traditional approaches. As an example of the former, Jean Claude Ellena belongs to the minimalist school of perfumery. In the latter, Patricia de Nicolai, belonging to a familial and aesthetic lineage, works within the classical school of perfumery.

In perfumery, genre describes compositional forms.  Chypre, fougère, eau de cologne. These are forms that are defined by their components, and are more like chemical families than artistic genres in this respect.

Chandler Burr, a fragrance critic and Curator of the Department of Olfactory Art at the Museum of Arts and Design is a proponent of viewing  perfumery by artistic movement, ie. romaticism, surrealism, etc.. His work goes a long way toward placing perfumery in the mind of the public as an art form, but there is an inherent incongruity in placing the nomenclature of sensory form (the visual or the written) on another (the olfactory). Still, historical movements such as modernism or post-modernism affect many forms of creative thinking and can be used to advance arguments and discussion. Perhaps there are movements in the history of perfumery inherent specifically to the olfactory that will be recognized in the future.

Schools and movements often have credos, manifestos, statements of intent or the like. It is arguable that there is little distinction between such statements in the past and current marketing and PR, but aside from a few cheeky derivations such as Etat Libre d’Orange’s “Le parfum est mort. Vive le parfum!” (Perfume is dead. Long live perfume!) perfumery doesn’t stake a conceptual claim and then illuminate it.

So, Dzing. I tend to dislike narrative in art, and even more in the explanation of daily life. It seems so pat, so tedious. Narrative is often touted as a way of making sense out of confusion, but I find it more often seeks to create an expectation that the participant will fulfill, incorrectly or not, in order to have the safety of a conclusion rather than an ambiguity or a question. Dzing appeals to me for the fact that it presents the circus by systematically breaking down an image to its constituent parts, then rearranging a few of them as clues that suggest a scenario. There is an association between the olfactory elements of Dzing and the circus. Dzing smacks of a sweet treat to eat. There’s the hint of straw and sawdust covering the ground, the implication of being confined within a tented space with other people and even animals. Dzing doesn’t beat you over the head with its message like a Spielberg film. It leads you to a suggestion. I doubt that without being told about the circus imagery many would sniff Dzing and say, “Circus!” But as a well designed piece of art, whether you take the circus image and run with it or simply appreciate the perfume more abstractly, it conveys aesthetic intention. To suggest with a perfume an experience that is ridiculous if not surreal in the first place is a brilliant concept and I applaud the perfumer Olivia Giacobetti for pulling it off so effectively.

Niche perfumery seems to me to have moved away from the creative and the conceptual toward the merely luxurious. Dzing reminds that I first came to niche as a way to find quality and innovation that was lacking in the larger commercial market. I don’t look to niche to comfort me with beauty that may or may not be provided any longer by Caron, Chanel or Guerlain. Almost 15 years after its release, Dzing is still the unbeaten the high-water mark of niche as a statement of defiance to the restraints of commercial perfumery. Who needs a countertop full of plush pieces of oud perfume finery that cost north of $300? I don’t.

La niche est morte. Vive la niche!

from scent hurdle

lupereira
lupereira

Reminds me Habanita. Very modern Habanita, of course. It is like there was someone smoking by your side. I don't know how and where to wear. ;/

P.S.: After 4 hours, OMG! Very delightful, worth the wait.

Drake.Shannon
Drake.Shannon

I really love this scent on a gut level, I smell it, I love it.

Leather, Musk, Saffron oh my!

No dung here, just a very translucent leather. Dzing! is very soft and watery on me, it blends right into my skin in a beautiful way

On closer inspection a slight "hot car" note comes out on me and makes me second guess this particular fragrance. Sometimes the "hot car" turns more animalic, then I love it all over again. Unfortunately it's never consistant.

I want Dzing! to be consistant so I have a "go-to" watery soft scent for hotter days when my thicker scents won't do. I love sexy leathers, ambers and woods, Dzing! could be my hot weather must have if it wasn't for that pesky car smell!!

Le sigh... I still haven't splurged on a bottle although I sampled it many many times.

Bandit
Bandit

Help! I'm drowning in musc! In 70s sweaty musc!

Uah, I've expected so much of Dzing. I wanted to try it for several years now, but something different always seemed to be more interesting.

To me this smells like the bleaker brother of Musc Ravageur - and I don't like MR!

Dzing is sooo musky, it smells to me so very outdated, like no No.5 can ever smell outdated. Like middle age. Like grey hair... Like living in the high school past. It is such a boring fragrance and it is so weak, I cannot believe that this is the fragrance I always dreamed of owning some time.

Your usual leather is vibrant and dry, that's what I love about leather, not oily-greasy-musky like MR, but this is what Dzing serves.

Guess what? I pass on Dzing (and on L'Artisan, I've spent too much money already on samples of their weak and unimpressive perfumes).

Jjsodapop
Jjsodapop

Love this scent.

I first read about Dzing and was intrigued. I purchased a sample and tried it out this past Fall. I was riding the train to work and kept smelling my arm. At first, it smelled odd. Like band-aids. That rubbery/plastic band-aid smell and smoke. After awhile, though....OMG.....I could not stop sniffing my arm. The scent was amazing. Caramel, leather, smoke, I don't know what else. Just yum. Very sexy. Unusual. Mysterious. Otherworldly. Not for everyone, for sure. This is a bold, odd scent. I love it.

I just received a full bottle of this as a Mother's Day gift and I can't wait for cooler weather. I will be wearing this with pleasure.

Another one that is unusual like this is L'Artisan Voleur de Roses. Another fave that I think works well for Fall/Winter.

Sweet caramel fragrance! The leather note really helps to make it not sickly sweet and gives a good base to it. I like this fragrance. Only I'm not sure that I need it.

Dzing! is what I consider a masterpiece, despite receiving fairly mixed reviews. Olivia Giacobetti created this fragrance with the intention of it smelling as much like the circus as possible. She has certainly hit the nail on the head.

Going to the circus as a kid was always a much anticipated event. The tent as I remember, smelt of hay, dust and animals. I was never allowed fairy floss for fear of rotting my teeth, but I was allowed to indulge in a chocolate coated icecream every now and then.

I agree that Dzing! has a slightly animalic quality, but I can't say that it smelt like dung, at least not to my nose. If you've ever ridden a horse, you'll know what I'm referring to when I say that this fragrance smells like a rider shortly after having dismounted a horse following a long ride.

I find this fragrance truly captivating. I get a lot of soft leather, white musk, watery apple and tonka bean. The sweet, candy-like notes are very subtle, hardly discernible.

I wore Dzing! whilst shopping in inner city Melbourne, and headed home on the train during peak hour wearing it still. As much as I enjoyed this fragrance's complexity and unfathomable beauty, I must admit that I did feel insecure whilst wearing it. A few people gave me some strange looks, especially those within a close proximity. Perhaps they thought it smelt like dung.

Dzing! is a difficult scent to understand, and even more difficult to wear. I personally think a man would have more of an advantage of wearing it well. All in all, a creative niche scent, with excellent sillage and longevity. I tentatively recommend.

Catt
Catt

I didn't read the user reviews before I purchased a sample. The reason for trying it was for the leather note which I'm crazy about.

I sprayed it on my girlfriend because she has pretty dry skin and most scents smell like they would on paper when applied on her.

First few instances when fresh out of the bottle: Musky, sweetish- We both perked up at the same time and said: a set of new modern leather furniture in a room. Specifically in a waiting room.

After 5 minutes drydown: She absolutely loved it, and insisted it smelled like Polo by Ralph Lauren (dark green bottle with gold cap. I've not sniffed this before so it's her perception).

To me, it smelt familiar, like plastic toys with scent I used to play with in the 80s-- I'm thinking Barbie or My Little Pony. I'm not too sure which, but it really smells familiar- synthetic, sweetish. However, in this case, we agreed that the synthetic/plastic smell was a plus.

I like this scent for the nostalgia it conjures. My girlfriend likes this scent as she finds it unusual- it's not a daytime scent in hot weather.

I can't comment much on a sillage because we live in a pretty enclosed house, so I can definitely smell her even from 3 metres away. The scent lasted most of the evening, at least 4 hours onwards.

We agree this is full bottle-worthy.

Allinug
Allinug

I have been so curious of this perfume and today I got my sample.
Oh my what a smell...of horse poop, I didn't expect that. Somewhere in the smell I can feel the leather but it still smells like...not good. I can't feel anything else so no bottle for me but I will keep my little sample because it is a very weird fragrance.

Update!
I was to quick to judge, sorry! Now I can smell something spicy and leather and still some smell of horse poop but I doesn't smell so bad...well it's a little weird anyway...so before you buy it...smell it first.

Jag har varit så nyfiken på den här parfymen och idag fick jag mitt lilla prov.
Oj oj vilken doft...av häst bajs, det hade jag inte väntat mig. Någonstans i doften kan jag känna läder men det luktar fortfarande...inte gott. Jag kan inte känna något annat så ingen flaska för mig men jag ska behålla mitt lilla prov för det här är en mycket underlig parfym.

Uppdatering!
Jag var lite snabb på att dömma, förlåt! Nu kan jag känna doften av något kryddigt och läder och fortfarande lukten av häst bajs men det luktar inte så illa ändå...lite underlig parfym är det i alla fall så innan du köper denna parfym...testa den först.

fazli ikram
fazli ikram

smells like bulgari black..minus the flowery aspect...it doesn't last long on me...but the weird thing is i tried it in a humid country which is in msia, it smells like a cardboard, i try it just now..it smells like different..i am confused...does the perfume is mixed and sold according to region individually?

antfarm
antfarm

I love the idea of smelling like a circus. This, however, smells like a man wearing Obsession at a local fair. There's a big, spicy cologne entrance that overwhelms any would-be interesting development.

In the background there is a food-on-a-stick note that I root for trying to shove itself into the forefront. But no hay, leather, or animals that I was hoping for. Maybe I should go ask the ringmaster for my money back.

Gileshowe
Gileshowe

I have just put this on after a long rest from it. It is a baby's head carved from soft toffee. The strap of an heirloom watch. Petit fours in a library on deep leather chairs. Walking the deck of a ship at night the glorious robust wind ribbons around my skin sensually radiating heat after a blissful day in the sun. It is the glorious golden scent of a cats fur. It is using a fresh eraser to remove puerile doodles from a piece of paper. It is a blonde baby's fontinelle. It is at the same time the skin of someone who was innocent until just a moment ago; miraculously these juxtapositions are not in the least bit at odds. Above all, this is very much a personal scent by which I mean you know when you meet someone and they have a particular smell about them? Uniquely identifying them alone? A combination of their laundry, food, grooming products but really the essence of their very person? And it doesn't smell like a perfume they wear and it isn't nasty or bad, nor especially good, simply exceptionally personal? This is very much like that. People who like sterile environments and a respectful distance from other people won't like this. Borderline overbearing people who are confident in themselves and like to be involved in their surroundings will. It's quite sensual without IMHO being slutty, it's provocative without being explicit. Sweeter and slightly more cloying on a female's skin though still a unique masterpiece, this really works best on a man. Keep this secret to yourself, the more exclusive and enigmatic the better the effect. I can scarcely stop smelling myself, I can't think why I took such a long break from this elixir.

body67
body67

you want 'scandalous' in a good way, try eldo's rien. otherwise, this one for me has been very disappointing (after all the hype). NOT ENOUGH zoo and barnyard smell, and the leather is very faint. pass.

icingsugar

On me this starts off with the hay/animal cage smell like the smell of a zoo, but its not as unpleasent as that. There is a hint of spice and fruit which balances it out. After about half an hour it becomes sweeter and thats where you get the popcorn vibe. After about an hour though it takes on a sweaty leather scent, exactly like when you have been wearing a watch with a leather underside all day in the hot sun. I really didn't like this element!

However, I have just layered this with Chinatown Bond No 9 which has a similar spicey smell and together they smell wonderful. Like an exotic market selling flavoured teas, died fruit, scented candles and expensive perfumes in colourful crystal bottles! Beautiful! I may have to keep doing this because Dzing, although it is weird and wonderful is just too dirty smelling for me.

kankri
kankri

I recently bought a little sample of this. I was very excited to try it - it sounded very interesting.

In the bottle it smells very sweet, with maybe just the tiniest hint of leather hanging around the back. When I put it on my skin, the sweetness lingers for maybe a second - then, bam! (dzing!? haha), soft, well-aged leather, maybe a bit dirty (though it isn't dirt we're talking about here), with something distinctly animal prowling underneath. For the first hour this animal gets closer, and closer, and closer, until it's at the forefront, until it is almost the entirety of the fragrance. There's something cleaner, too, slightly floral. Is this the saffron? And the remainder of the scent? Dung. This is a dirty beast in a flower field, it is a creature that demands your attention.

After the first hour or so I didn't sniff it constantly. When I went back to it maybe 2 hours later, it had softened and sweetened considerably. Now what I get from this is a semi-sweet, old leather book, though I can still smell an animal edge.

Overall, this is very unique, though it doesn't really remind me of a circus. I may have to get a bottle.

busik
busik

Still dominated by leather, little notes of saffron, well, somewhere on vocals ginger and caramel. Super scent to be "not like everyone else", restart the nose and brain, stand out from the compote-flowers. This is not exactly from the opera "1000 and one similar" or "somewhere this has already happened." More unisex fragrance, very interesting to listen to the man's skin!

Osrockoo
Osrockoo

I adore this scent, smells warm ambery and sensual 8-1/2 outta 10 for me Mmmm - not a projection monster though but i guess its not meant to be that, its more of an intimate hugs and greetings scent, on the positive side this scent lasts, its still on my test card after 6 days , well done indeed

puddley
puddley

Soft, vanillic, gentle, powdery woods and leather... for about 30 minutes. Very pretty, but not very exciting and a wimpish throw. Lovely, but a weakling with no muscles.

honeydays
honeydays

I was scared to try this until I saw it compared to Bulgari Black. I don't mind Bulgari Black (I own it) so I finally sprayed my Dzing! tester. I don't get circus or dung or anything gross. In the first 15 minutes, here's what I get: back in the '70s when I was in elementary school, there was a scratch-n-sniff sticker called "leather". This smells exactly like that. Made me laugh. I had forgotten about that scratch-n-sniff sticker until now. I like the smell. Dries down to "vanilla leather", I would call it. Would really smell great on a man. I would wear this again, to an event like a concert. Not to dinner. Sprayed on my wrist, it interfered with enjoying food as I brought the fork to my mouth.

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

I was ready to be offended in a good way. Come at me, elephant droppings! Right over here, boatload of cardboard!

What Dzing!(?) delivered? ... a gently droning public restroom ambience rather than much animalic or barnyard, a hint of the primate house at the zoo, sickening saffron and ginger, then on to cheap leather, second-day vanilla cigar smoke, and wet pizza box. That might work for an aromarama double feature engagement of Monkey Business and Slacker, but why pay time, money, and skin space for the joke?

Twice as gimmicky as Secretions Magnifiques, but both suffer from sophomore album syndrome: the "hey this is going to be shocking, wait, watch," then delivering the most economically squeezed out, near-cynical recreation of its seemingly hyperbolic or hinting-at-something-more backstory. This doesn't smell like old books to me either, and I spend over half of my life around old books. Those for whom this works really seem to be enchanted, though, so this may be a personality litmus.

Want to smell like old books? Buy a bunch from your local secondhand bookstore and rub them on yourself, smoke a pipe, or wear a leather perfume with cooking vanilla on top. Want a weird and exhilaratingly revolting fragrance? Angel.

To me this emperor of niche fragrance has no clothes. There's an elephant in the room; I can smell it, and it smells of a stupid I'd sooner forget.

akats
akats

Turin was right. It's vanilic old book, soft leathery, and nice woody one. A close to skin smell that melts with your skin chemistry. If you love leathery smells, this one is the softest, sweetest and loveliest you have ever met.

Garyjames
Garyjames

I was intrigued by Turin's descrition of this as a vanillic old books fragrance and was about to order a bottle online. Thankfully, i came here to read the reviews first. Just on this page alone I have seen this described as smelling like 'ox crevice', 'sweat and poo mixed together' and 'the scalp of a 12 yr old boy'. I think I'll hold off on buying that bottle...

emily7
emily7

Takes some time (and testing) to love this sweet weirdo.

1st testing:
Smelling it from the paper strip - weird doesn't even begin to describe it... wicked weird and stable improper, maybe. With some unpleasant sweetness and stale cigarette smoke surrounding it. General impression: NO, I hate this and now I hate Bvlgari Black even more. Someone please tell me where is the nearest sink?
2nd testing:
Ok, one more time, but this time on the skin - hmmmm, this isn't that bad, it's actually quite harmless - cotton candy, sawdust, circus atmosphere with dim lights and the colours and sounds of breathing animals - unfamiliar, but so exciting and yet comfortable. Oohing and aahing on the way home.
3rd testing (comparison to Bvlgari Black):
Yes, I still hate Bvlgari Black. Too synthetic, too rubbery, too demanding. The lightness of exotic circus feeling (saffron, tonka, ginger) is missing. But I do love Dzing! I don't want a motorbike, I want a horse!

roya1
roya1

On first instance i get lots of saffron which gives it that dung smell that so many have deteced in here, but give it time and it becomes nicer. Please dont buy unless you have tried it.

Baldric
Baldric

Oh, my! I am in love. Even my finicky husband loves this on me. Spicy opening, ginger with perhaps a touch of cinnamon. Not too feculent. It does get a warm, sweet accord that can come across as a bit of a dirty circus, but to me it smells of scalp. You know that smell of the pillow of a 12 year old boy? Kind of funky/waxy, aka scalp, that is what the heart of this fragrance reminds me of. It is better than it sounds, I swear. It dries down to tonka and woods and more spice. I sprayed in the evening and could smell it on the crook of my elbow the next morning, which is pretty rare for me as my skin likes to eat perfume up pretty quickly. I tested this twice, lamented the fact that I accidentally spilled the rest of my tester on my puppy and could not test for a third time and ran out and bought a bottle. I also made sure to sniff my puppy frequently and he smelled divine. The temperature has gotten weirdly hot the last few days and this has been working perfectly in the heat as it has a nice, light, dry touch to it.

Love.

kkw80
kkw80

Papery, cardboardy vanilla with some juicy smoky notes. Sounds weird/impossible doesn't it, but it's great! One of my favourites!

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

The smell of fresh sawdust and clean hamster cage woodchips.

Strangely comforting.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Wow this scent moves! First it smelled like barnyard animals and wood. Then swiftly got a poof of sawdust and slid into a leather furry animalic caramel. This scent is strangely bright but veryy dirty. Its enigmatic and evokes unwashed skin and hamsters . It then zooms into a "ginger popcorn". It's intriguing but my opinion is you have to be a little crazy in the head to pull this off.

daniela3
daniela3

More than a fragrance I think this is a sudden picture taken at a circus: when you smell it and close you're eyes you'll probably think that teletransport is real! Nothing is missing in this 'potion': a perfect marriage between 'ferocity' and 'sweetness' (I'm quoting, the definitions aren't mine) leather that reminds you animal notes (lions?!?) the sweet notes of cotton candy, caramelized apples, pop-corn and spices! I like almost Olivia Giacobetti's creations but this one together with 'Jour de Fe^te' (unfortunately and unwisely no more in l'Artisan list!) is probably the one that touches something in my soul more than the others. On my skin it's warm, superb like a second skin and acceptably lasting (I know how l'Artisan is reputed but this time it's all right, it's a reliable E.d.T.!)
I've read all the previews reviews and I confess that although I love Dzing! and I feel also that it loves me back!, I agree with the majority: yes!: this is an uncommon, not easy to love frag; probably those who 'hate' it can be also right as I believe it moves something inside you...and also wearing it, can be as difficult as well: this is not an everyday fragrance ....
I believe that the ability - here shown - by O. Giacobetti is pretty remarkable. I don't know how many creators could have handled the matter - while inventing something like this, complex and full of so many discordant notes, without losing the control!
Clever girl! Lovely - for me - perfume.

p.s. I have a friend, a boy who wears it very often: on him it's wonderful but in a very different way.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

Beautiful aromatic woods and leaves placed on a bonfire to waft through one of the first cool crisp Autumn evenings of the season. Next comes the taste and smell of a toasted marshmallow on a stick....caramelized perfection.
One of a kind, I have never smelled anything like this one, it is quite simply Brilliant.
I wear this one for ME!

xabaras
xabaras

Delicious. It opens with incense and leather. Slightly smoky. For serious occasions only, The wood is prominent and pleasant, like a piece of furniture which still spreads the smell of freshly cut wood when you open a drawer.

tbozzo
tbozzo

Well I certainly don't get manure from Dzing. Not one little bit, not even in the begining. I even asked my husband. I'm still not fond of the top notes however, a little too burnt for my taste. This is where Dzing is very similar to Bvlgari Black. A warm blowdryer on the skin blows that away in about 60 sec though if you don't wish to wait it out. Then the most wonderful smell emanates from my skin. After the smoky notes fade, it's wood, dry wood. That lasts about an hour. Then it dries down to a luscious skinscent. Like you, only sweeter and better. Maybe leather if it were a very expensive, hand rubbed, scented suede. I like the clean puppy analogy. This is sweet new skin smell. My babies head when he's water clean, not soap clean.... plus a little caramel and vanilla.
Dzing is a keeper for me. It will be in my top rotation until the spring sun starts warming things up and I need a floral.

Sissi
Sissi

Dzing is like Slipping on a Skintight Leather Catsuit
The Leather note of Dzing give off a Fluid and Supple
wetness like Second Skin, I detect a good amound of Civet which is missing in the note Pyramid Giving it
a Dirty Animalistic Edge,

As Dzing Dries Patches of Musk comes Steeping though
the Crevises of Wild Ox Assaulting your senses into
Primal and Unhibited Territory Pure and Unadulterated,

Incense seems to be Overshadowed or Upstaged by the Leather Note, but Supports it's self
by being a Mysterious and Esoteric Underpining of Dzing!

Rarely Fragrances Conjors me to a sense of Metal Masturbation Dzing happens to be the only one,

I Whoud describe Dzing! As a Monk with Sexual Distractions His Represed Fantasy of an Image of a

Woman in a Skintight
Black Leather Cat Suit Her throne is a Glossy Black
Leather Sofa

as she reclines
he can hear the Crinkle of the Leather as he get aroused as he Slowly Carresses her thighs and she
slowly leans over gentily kisses him then he's Awoken
to Reallity!

Dzing Is Sprituality and Sex

10jflow
10jflow

Remember what a revelation caramel with sea salt was? Or how when you're making chocolate chip cookies, the teaspoon of salt can't actually be tasted, but works to enhance the sweetness and creaminess? The same dynamic is at work in Dzing! There's nothing as obvious as 'salty' or 'savoury', but there is the suggestion of saltiness somewhere in this blend. I love vanilla, but am turned off by straightforward vanillas - they too often are bland, boring, overly sweet and flat. For me, vanilla only really comes alive when it is skillfully tempered with other notes - it needs a proverbial pinch of salt. In this case, as in another favourite, Black, it is leather. The spices add depth without overwhelming. There's some hay floating around in here as well. Yes, Bvlgari Black is cheaper. When I do a side by side, though, the artistry and complexity of Dzing! is obviously superior and the vanilla sings. For me, it's worth the extra cash.

kris919
kris919

grass? horse manure? rubber? It's amazing reading all these reviews, and all perfume reviews in general. It goes to show you just how different everyone's skin chemistry is...so interesting to read about everyone's experiences with the same thing. This week has been the twilight zone for me. I've always hated vanilla, I'm a broken record about it. But this week..I've found 3 perfumes in a row that all have vanilla as a main or kinda strong note..and I love them all! What is going on here?!!? tides are turning! worlds are colliding! ok, enough dramatics. I was given a sample of Dzing! from a friend. This is a gorgeous vanilla leather...more like tonka bean. But it's not only leather, I'm also getting something kinda oriental spicy..buried under the vanilla and leather. ginger? this is great, full bottle worthy. I could foresee this being in my top ten of favorites, but I really need to spend more time with it to be totally sure. Now, to save for a full bottle! About the leather:it's not a loud obnoxious leathery smell...even tho I like those. This is a subtle strange non conventional leather smell & it's 2nd in command. The star of this scent is the tonka bean and something that makes this creamy and slightly spicy. The leather note makes it all come together to make a gorgeous perfect perfume. I am so impressed by this.

evah2003
evah2003

Just received a generous sample of this one and had to try it out immediately.
I don´t get synthetic and the manure notes are in the background for me.
It´s mostly leathery woods sweetened by tonka.
I am still deciding whether this is FB worthy but it is def. growing on me more and more the longer I wear it.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

The first thing out of the sample vial is a huge rush of white musk, which within seconds is joined by a distinct note of steaming-fresh herbivore manure. I have to hand it to the perfumer who came up with that realistic accord of cow or elephant dung. It’s quite the opening to an EdT that within 15 minutes dries down to a light manure note accompanied by fruity vanilla, white musk, and the cardboard-y smell of IsoE Super.

Sillage is moderate to strong, and because of the musks the fragrance lasts all day and more on skin - really remarkable for an EdT from this house. After about an hour the manure is gone, except as a remote undercurrent that comes and goes, and the main theme is a musky, woody, slightly fruity and leathery scent with a character all its own. I really like this phase a lot.

After the initial parade of the defecating large hay-eating animals, I would not readily associate Dzing with a circus, but it’s an original and enjoyable perfume, in some ways almost conventionally pretty but not quite. I suppose that really captures the glitz of the circus, which looks pretty on the surface but underneath is not pretty at all. I would say that Dzing is more a fascinating intellectual exercise than a perfume I’d want to wear often, but I certainly appreciate Olivia Giacobetti’s artistry in creating it, as well as the fact that it’s such a radical departure from her usual light, watercolor floral scents. A 21-elephant salute to the perfumer!

netorian
netorian

Have you seen The NeverEnding Story?

Do you remember, when the boy (Bastian) was riding a mystic animal?

When they were flying above the mythical land of Fantasia?

If yes, u know what I'm feeling. This scent is also mystic. And also heroic. Saves you from the gray weekdays! I recommend it! It has a very strange scent, i don't say u'll love it, but a good choice to escape to Fantasia!

Uniqueness: 9/10
Erotica: 6/10
How i like it: 9/10

Good for a first date? If you tell about The NeverEnding Story (Bastian, Atreyou and the others) sure! If not be care with this scent, bit divisive.

DiorDune
DiorDune

There's something magic about this perfume. It really DOES smell like being at a circus or fairground, horse manure and all. It reminds me of Bvlgari Black too.

What I don't like here is the rubbery/"synthetic" quality. I had to wash it off so I can't say much more about it. If you like Bvlgari Black this may be for you, but if you haven't sampled that one or this one, I suggest starting with BB, since it's easier to find and a lot less expensive, as well as being more "accessible" to most peoples' sensibilities (though I'm a stickler for "naturalness" so I can't deal with these kinds of fragrances).

sofiii
sofiii

Thanks to Yambal I’ve got my hands on a lovely sample of Dzing!.

Dzing! is one of those perfumes that I know I should love according to the notes and end up discovering more good surprises upon real-life sniffing.

Dzing! starts with a burst of nearly scentless quite woody sweet smell with a burnt nuance, which reminds me a bit of Blvgari Black, but Dzing! Is much less rubbery-burnt.
After a short-lived quasi-chai sweetness comes and goes for about 2, or 3 minutes, Dzing! settles and smells quite quiet, with a woody sweet wild woody fields smell. This makes me think of absinth without the alcohol smell, plus something rounder in the woods family and a pinch of sweet spice like cinnamon without the cinnamon personality.

Worth trying!

Louw
Louw

A disappointment for me. Lots of very sharp grass, followed by too much ginger and a little wood underneath. No, didn't like it at all and had to give my bottle away!

Karuna
Karuna

The sensual sweetness of Dzing! is specific, complex, 'niche' and intimate. It is not just a sweet candy or a floral nectar.
It's the melange of caramel, (milky-vanilla) and the musky carnality; (like the finest suede, warmed by the body heat), with subtle floral powder, characteristically moist and sour, spiced up with a pinch of ash and the smoke from sooty, smoked raw skin.
It sounds exaggerated, and even 'dramatic', but it is familiar, safe, and contrary to appearances, very harmonious scent.
Dzing! sometimes is innocent, 'infantile' cozy. But more often shows its mature sensual, even "erotic" (but luckily not the 'physiologically ugly') face. I must confess that Dzing! happens to be so sensual and suggestive, that sometimes I feel a little
embarrassed when I wear it...

spoombung
spoombung

This is a lovely, subtle fragrance which (as everyone says) smells of vanilla, hay, sawdust and books. I just cannot understand the 'fecal' descriptions as to my nose, it's anything but. Instead, it's a very wearable, tame, friendly, inoffensive thing.

It does bear a slight resemblance to L'air de Rein but without the musty base and the potency; this is my only concern as I can't help thinking the perfume could have been ramped up a bit in the perfumer's lab - it's pretty weak and practically non-existent on the skin after an hour or so.

Αλεξάνδρα

Tonight, I felt the need to spray Dzing. I will try to describe it, through this craving of mine... I wanted sth warm, spicy, risky, special... Of all the perfumes that I know, only Dzing would satisfy me. Too bad I don't have it!

Edit: but now I do have it! It's the best leather scent in my opinion. The animalic saddle leather blended with the most delicious caramel and tonka combination, the spiciness of ginger, create a sexy but also comforting and complicated effect, being rich but yet ethereal, sweet but not gourmand. Giacobetti at her best!

greydove
greydove

Another trippy one. You're sitting right in the front row of the circus. You can smell the animals, the cedar chips, and fresh hay on the floor in front of you where they are lined up waiting to perform. You can smell the crowd: hushed and breathless, united in their nervous anticipation and awe under the hot lights. You can smell the bag of crackerjack that rests on your lap and the worn cracked leather seat you're sitting on. An olifactory magic trick!

At a first thought and smell Dzing can be considered as a nice and quite simple vanilla/leather scent. Sober, honest and well crafted, but if you go deeper you'll probably get in touch with an incredibly visionary fragrance recalling of huge antique libraries filled with well kept ancient leather bound books lit by casement windows, mouldy walls and the dust fluttering in slices of lights. This is a very evocative perfume that everybody should at least try as there is only one like it. Chapeau to Olivia Giacobetti.

Rating: 9.5/10 (I don't give it a full 10 just because of the weak lasting power)

chrischourma
chrischourma

Dzing! Just as you hear the name of the perfume! It is the same with what you hear! Sharp and fire, full of adventure.
I imagined of African landscapes the moment I tried this on!!!!
I keep the memory of it, not going to buy this soon. Maybe next winter!!!
This is one of the best scents L Artisan has given so far.

Helsinki
Helsinki

Awesomeness is on fire! I'm really amused and delighted to read her reviews in which she pans fume after fume after fume, niche or not.

I have owned Dzing and Black for a long time, but haven't known what to say about the two of them.
Dzing shares some qualities with Bvlgari Black, but then again, it's completely different. Whereas Black is dedicated to rubber and the abundant vanillic drydown,

Dzing is a mix of envelopes while you lick the glue (just like Turin said), old books, saffron, and birch tar. Birch tar = the smell of Finnish summer cottage life; nightless nights, still lakes, self catched fish, and birch whisks used in sauna. To me, it's the cozy birch tar that adds the exclamation mark to Dzing!

The exclamation is well deserved, because one of my L'Artisan experiences include a person walking under the wind, nearly glued to me. There was a lot of space around so I suppose that after smelling this humorous perfume, something in her head went Dzing!

Miss Picky
Miss Picky

The only thing circus-like about Dzing is its terrific sense of humour.

How do you make black rubber, motor oil and caramel smell delicious, funny, surprising and comforting, all at once?

Ask Olivia!

The answer is in the bottle...

babsyfish
babsyfish

This whole fragrance makes me feel strangely nostalgic. I definitely get the Bandaid thing in the opening, but then it mingles with the sunny warmth of hay and horses and caramel, so that it stirs the most magical memories of childhood--the uninhibited, imaginative bygone days when we weren't afraid to dream out loud or take risks or spill our guts or love without condition to the moon and back. Yes, it is different, and yes, it takes some getting used to. But thank God for it. Sometimes, a perfume is not for anyone but yourself. Scents in general, even the crappy ones, have the ability to transport us, to carry us on an internal journey, which can be a very personal and exhilarating experience if we can just let go of that "what-everyone-else-thinks" mentality and chance the ride.

southernbelleinseattle
southernbelleinseattle

UPDATE: the longer I wore this, the worse it smelled. I almost gagged. had to wash it off. I made my husband try it and he said the same thing - after half an hour it smells like poop. mixed with sweat and straw and staleness. icckkk!
Original Review:
well, I'll give this points for creativity and accuracy, but boy does it stink. It DOES smell like hay, leather saddles, sweat and circus animals, but who wants to smell like that? there is a little sweet candy thrown in for good measure, but it can't take away the smell of dirty circus animals (elephants?) in a cage of wet straw, with a good dose of sweaty leather. I am amazed that they could copy this smell so accurately, wow! demonstrates fragrance is an art form. but WHY would I want to smell like a stinky circus animal? puzzles me!

misswithoutlogic
misswithoutlogic

when i tried DZING! first time there wasn't any leather on me. Wood. Very intensive and warm. But i hoped leather so i was desapointed. But i tried it second time - in the morning after shower when my skin was warm and wet. And.. Wow !
it's true, new, soft leather. Iteresting, strong and a little bit rude, but very inviting and brave.
i agree that maybe it's not very female scent, becouse it's really very stong and intensive, but if your personality match with strong woody leather scent i think when it's most interesting and surprising perfume of that category.
lately the scent became softer : leather calmed down and ginger with musk took the top.

Really unique perfume with one minus - longevity is really bad :(

judies6
judies6

Sherapop is right on! How can Luca Turin love a fragrance that smells like Bandaids?? I get the same plastic note from Addict, also, but with less pungency. Dzing really is a "trying too hard" to be different fragrance. Sort of like Womanity in that regard. These houses keep trying to discover the next miracle fragrance and that is wonderful, but why does it seem like they produce their experiments and we, the public, are their guinea pigs?
Having said these harsh words, I must say that I love Olivia Giacobetti's other creations.

I guess that I fall more into the Bandaids than the "warm oily saddle encrusted with dung to which hay has clung" camp when it comes to L'Artisan Parfumeur DZING! I chuckled upon reading this on the manufacturer's card: "Pour que chaque jour soit un spectacle." So...that would be a rodeo? There would have to be some Bandaids on hand in the event of bucking bronco debacles, so it actually makes a lot of sense.

DZING! definitely boasts a creative combination of notes, and for that I'll agree that it's "interesting". As a perfume? Hmmm...that's a different story. I'm not a fan of rubber notes--whether in the form of tires or Bandaids--and although hay notes I sometimes love (Jean Patou 1000), I have yet to train my nose to appreciate the down and dirty smell of dung--not even with a touch of tonka and saffron. This is really marketed to women? Cela m'étonne. (Not that I'd necessarily want to smell it on a man...) Désolée.

***

UPDATE: Okay, I just read the entry in The Holey [sic] Book. LT says DZING! smells like paper! Maybe he forgot to put the perfume on the paper strip he sniffed? He gives this 5 stars and writes, "L'Artisan Parfumeur is, for reasons unknown, planning to discontinue this marvel, so stock up." Ha! Let me break it down for you, Luca: women don't like to smell like Bandaids and dung.

Yamba1
Yamba1

I can honestly say I've never smelt anything like this before.... in a perfume. But I have experienced this smell before.
DZING is the smell of well oiled saddle leather mingled with the sweet auroma of horse sweat and stables. For all you horse lovers out there you will know what I mean! That wonderful smell that you inhale and can't get enough of. The smell you inhale when you kiss the soft nose of a horse you love. ( Yes I was mad about horses)
Yet DZING is also refined, gentle and intoxicating. To wear it is not to smell as if you've just mucked out the stables. Quite the opposite. It is the smell of someone who pulls up in a luxury car to watch the polo, sips wine, pats a horse from the winning team, then leaves, perhaps with a little manure caught in the heel of their boot....
Magic!!

Cereza
Cereza

Very, very unique, but for me in a bad way. No, no I do not want to smell like this ever. For first 10 minutes it smells like beeswax, then settles to dirty leather with tobacco, just like one that bikers after a rough night could have. Very, very unique, but smelling like this? Really?

9154mf
9154mf

Yep leather and dung, then after an hour or so some slight sweetish vanilla comes out, but whatever, I don't wanna smell like this ever!

KJL
KJL

I love Dzing! I "get" the comparison to Bvlgari Black, which I also love, but can't wear, as Black is just too much for me, but Dzing! hits the spot. Odd, but entirely livable. I don't understand those who feel they need courage to wear it - though I certainly felt that way about B. Black. On the days I just don't know what scent to wear, when florals are too sweet, Dzing! is usually the perfect choice. It is excellent for the work environment, because to my mind it is subtle, dry and stays close to the skin. It is my husband's favorite scent on me and one of the only perfumes he has ever commented on without being asked. It is one of the few full bottles, I am sure to replace.

midsummer
midsummer

The first burst is a tobacco-leather note, the second is a wet hay scent that made me smile.

This is a scent on the masculine side of unisex - and I'd say it's intriguing and kind of sexy, in a "hey, let's go make out behind the barn" kind of way.

zielona
zielona

If I had to abstract my feelings about this fragrance, I'd simply say "saddle".
It's weird, but fascinating blend of sweet leather, sharp spices and strange animal/plastic notes. Similar to Tea for Two and absolutely outrageous.

Can't get enough.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

More unisex than woman fragrance here. Leather, ginger and safran are the notes I detect for now. I like it more than Dzongkha. Yes it's weird but sexy and funny, but not for myself.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

After reading everyone's comments about dung, with twisted fascination I jumped at an opportunity to try this fragrance. I'm quite relieved that it smelled nothing like dung on me. In fact, I am head-over-heels in love with this strange fragrance!

Off the cap, I smelled band-aids and a little ginger.

On my skin, I got notes of oily leather, hay, smokey incense, and ginger. I found it incredibly earthy and therapeutic. But I kept pressing my nose to my wrist, because the scent reminded me of something very familiar...

A rural ski lodge! Hot ski wax and smokey wood fire! I grew up with this smell, and having spent many hours waxing my skis in quiet solitude in the dead of winter, I am elated to find a scent that induces the same peaceful state of mind.

At times, I also detect a little rubber, and to be honest, I never knew rubber could smell so sexy. My mom even loves this fragrance on me. I can't wait to spend my hard-earned money on it.

rednose
rednose

So, I recieved this sample & admittedly only wanted to try it so badly because it has a saffron note amongst what I thought was a great mix of other notes to soften it down. Did I like it? I loved it! This is absolutely me.

My obsession with saffron: Safforanah is one of the nicknames I hold dear, because it's one of the nicknames my granny has for me. also, I like how saffron can cheerfully stain water that's why I put it in the boiling water before the teabag.

I prefer this over other saffron based fragrances I've used for its very balanced and caramely scent.

Elegant, yum, and definately not a horror movie!

weegee
weegee

Leather? Yes, and lots of it. Dung? No way. Cotton candy? Only in a drunkard's dream.

On me Dzing! moves in 3 stages: from wet leather, through well-worn wood flooring and finally to old books, unsweetened vanilla and leather. The best part for me is that under that intoxicating blend --for many hours -- there's a slight but constant flavor of the skin scent of the man who used to take me to all of those dusty old bookstores in the damp and colorful days of autumn in upstate New York. Dzing! isn't just a fragrance, it's a haunting refrain of whatever memory it attaches to.

Dzing! doesn't smell pretty but it does smell very appealing. Sprayed on paper, Dzing! enhances the smell of paper - for me it's Old Books, specifically. Sprayed on my skin, Dzing! blends as it warms and becomes my least feminine AND least masculine leather... it's what I'd expect my dream-state animal self to smell like: it's me, much enhanced. More specifically, it's me at the circus... like Kenzo's Jungle L'Elephant. A keeper, for sure. Maybe even a zookeeper :)

And for the record: I cannot abide Bvlgari Black (see my review) but I very much like, dare I say love, Dzing!

asilverfire is right: It's very like Bulgari Black in a lot of ways. First on I get Tonka Beans. Immediately this is joined by tar. Then I get tonka, rubber and wood smoke. That changes to tonka and the smell of my clothes when I've been out on the motorcycle, which I think is exhaust. The whole thing ends up as tonka with faint whiffs of ozone, leather and exhaust. Very interesting experience, but not sure I could wear it as a perfume.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Smell of a stable, horse's fur, leather saddles with smell lollipops, sugar cotton, emerge fascinating, warm, joyful composition. But it's not easy scent. It can scare physiological, animal notes, but when it will accustom - wildness and it will feel candies, it is possible to fall in love in it. I already have fallen in Dzing , but when majority peoples wear completely other parfums, I'am not courageous else to wear Dzing, but this frantic smell so fascinates me ...

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

What I found most interesting about Dzing! was that after the first 30 minutes or so, I found it to be very similar to Bvlgari Black on my skin. I wasn't expecting that at all. The top notes are very different (Dzing has the earthy hay smell, BB has hot rubber), but after that - I couldn't believe how close they were to my nose. Dzing! is not quite as sweet, but the similarities are definitely there.

I like this, but I only wear it ever so often...especially when I want to feel like I'm outside at a county fair and not stuck in an office! :)

veruska
veruska

This is a glorious example of what a spirited perfumer can create when it does'nt have to work with uptight major brands executives that think only in profit numbers. Dzing is always beside me even if i don't wear it often, but it's like an old faithful friend. This odd leathery woody and ambergris salty and insulting creature shouldn't be discontinued! It's a shame!

Leesee
Leesee

An odd and oddly endearing perfume that, like the uber-serious boys I hopelessly yearned after most of my young life, seems somehow more substantial and worthwhile because of, not in spite of, its oddness. Whereas some reviewers liken the scent's opening notes to dung, I get a hallucinogenic triad of vanilla, novocaine, and band-aid. The drydown, rather than calling to mind hay as opined elsewhere, conjures for me osmotic impressions of high stacks of impossibly elegant stationery, or (even better) the rare books alcove of an old city library. Dzing!--the first oddball I have ever loved to finally love me back.

rebella

I have realise that I have cravings for this fragrance. Now there is only a few drops left in my sample, but I eventually have to get me a full bottle of it. I still don´t really like it, but I kind of love it... Sounds weird I guess? It´s like sushi, when I eat it I can sit thinking "oh, I am eating raw fish, do I really like it?" but then after a while I still have to go and eat moore sushi. (Maybe I will do, on monday or tuesday...?)

rebella

This is an odd fragrance. I kind of like it, even if it smell like I am surrounded by cows... (or elephants I imagine). If you can stand that odd smell of dung you notice that the leather in this fragrance is really nice, after a while, an hour or so, you can smell sawdust, cottoncandy, moore leather, something warm and spicy... All together a very well done fragrance, longlasting and unique. I think people either love it or hate it, I love it, but I am not sure I think it smells good!? It smells interesting, exciting, dirty and very weird (as mentioned above). Not an everyday fragarance, but something to put on once in a while when tired of nice, soft powdery florals and seductive but ordinary orientals.

coco76
coco76

i agree with aiona, this smells like dung for the first hour. dung and rubber....then you get the drydown which smells like sweet hay. odd. maybe it would smell better on someone with different chemistry.

Aiona
Aiona

Wow. This really does smell like dung. Just initially, though. But really. Honestly. The first hour, it smells like LEATHER and DUNG.

And then after an hour or so, you've stopped wading through the cow pens at the fair, and you've moved on to the food booths where it's all cotton candy and funnel cakes -- sandalwoody amber and vanilla.

What a weird fragrance.

Dzing! by L`Artisan Parfumeur 4.01 out of 5 based on 897 ratings and 167 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Dzing! fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Dzing!, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dzing! by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dzing! by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.