Designers » L » Floral Green « Groups

Fleur de Liane L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men

Fleur de Liane L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men
dislike

marine
Fleur de Liane L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men Pictures Fleur de Liane L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men Pictures

Fleur de Liane was inspired by Duchaufour's journey to Bahia Honda, an island in Panama during the rainy season. The idea was to capture the scent of woods, with an abstract concept of an imaginary flower.

The perfume Fleur de Liane is composed of a mixture of ozone, sea accords and green accords, accompanied with marigold, tuberose and magnolia, with base notes of moss and wood. The perfume is available as 50 and 100 ml, with 50 ml body cream. Fleur de Liane was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour.

Sea water Green Notes

Fleurs de Bois

Fleur de Liane Fragrance Reviews

lalondem
lalondem

I have a 50ml bottle I use sparingly because of the price, and I know when I wear it, that people around me enjoy it They have remarked to me what an unusual and terrific scent it. Good things happen for me when I wear it... :)

lilalina
lilalina

Beautiful light fresh scent. Aquatic, slightly sweet floral, ocean breeze.. Reminds me of En Passant by Olivia Giacobetti, same light fresh lilac vibe.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

This is exactly the scent I imagine when I think of green floral! I've tried a lot of them, and until now Jacomo's Silences was the only one I really liked. I have only a sample of it, but will be getting a fb as soon as possible.

katushka37
katushka37

To me it is a beach scent...except not the touristy type filled with cocktails and suntan lotion, but the wild and barely explored one...I get lots of greenery as if I walked through a dense sub-tropical forest to get to the beach, lots of saltiness and a hint of florals to balance the composition. I reach for it during summer when I feel like something different, even during hot and humid days this scent is very calming and not overpowering at all. It lasts quite well in hot weather too, I get about 6 hours out of it.

michali
michali

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me,
Only after a few hours it settles nicely.
Jasmine style perfumes don't work with my chemistry
But I think it's also the marine note that smells synthetic on me.
I feel opposite to Sherpop
For an aquatic perfume Eue de Italy Eue de Italy sits so well on me,
Anybody wants to swap ?

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

I holidayed in Panama a couple of years ago and while I didn't go to Bocas del Toro, where Bahia Honda (the inspiration for this fragrance) is located, I did visit the San Blas islands, so I was quite excited to try it.

Fleur de Liane is possibly the most natural-smelling fragrance I have experienced. What does it smell like? Having grown up in the tropics, it smells exactly like the greenery when you're walking down a tree-lined suburban street after the rain. I don't see the point in trying to describe notes because a) it would be very difficult for me to do so and b) I've already described exactly what it smells like to my nose. I will say however that I don't really get a marine note in this. Does it smell like my sojourn to the islands of Panama? Nope, because that smelled like mud, salt, fish, greenery and a bizarre type of fruit.

I can neither recommend nor warn against wearing this fragrance. It is something you'll just have to experience for yourself.

Meister
Meister

Very beautiful spring fragrance. Elegant, delicate rainy - floral smell. It reminds the smell of elderberry flowers after spring rain. Great, natural and unique smell. I like the smell very much, but I don't know if I could wear this by myself. To me it's rather more feminine than the unisex fragrance.

Jwaks
Jwaks

A cool, crisp and clean green acquatic. Opens very watery and green with hints of bright magnolia and a creamy white floral component resting on a light woody base. Very fresh, soothing and perfect for spring.

aokiwen
aokiwen

I live in a city has rainny season 2 times a year, its the perfect one for those clammy wetty days,it give me fresh air make me think of the grasses just after rainning. Idl to use it in those days, feels like im in the part of environment.

Konst.
Konst.

Sorry to say it was a total disappointment...
The top notes are pleasant enough (green melon!), but they disappear without a trace after something like 5 sec and then the suffocating flower combo kicks in (if this is a "light version" of tuberose I am scared to smell a "full" one...) and last for about an hour.
In the end I got a soapy-pine smell which reminds me strongly of a pine bubble bath of my childhood in my then-sowiet-satellite country. As much as I loved the copious amonts of bubbles it produced I really do not want to smell like a cheap toiletry product of the ancieme regime...

And it doesn't remind me of Magnolia Romana, not a bit.
Magnolia Romana is an elegant, discreet, and slightly soapy-floral fragrance and not a suffocating, flower-pine bomb.

ultracat
ultracat

This one opens with green and fresh/water/aqua and a bit of melon. After about an hour, the melony sweetness fades, leaving a green/watery-wet scent that makes me feel like I'm in bathroom with ferns in the window and someone's just taken a hot soapy shower. It's clean, green, pretty enough. Like all L'Artisan perfumes, it's complex and interesting. I could see someone loving this. It's a bit too clean for me, though. I don't get much woodsiness from this - which is a shame, because I think I'd like it more if I did.

danceforjoy
danceforjoy

This is a lovely, fresh, clean scent. The green, watery, woodsy notes give it a refreshing, tending slightly masculine effect, even with the delicate magnolia peeking through, giving it a unique flavor. This is an ideal tuberose to try for people seeking a "safe" or "intro" tuberose because (at least on my skin) it hardly intrudes into the picture at all. This is not to detract from FdL. Indeed not every perfume with tuberose in it needs to be completely dominated by it.

christianne1
christianne1

Oh wow....this may be my new holy grail full on green scent now. Why have I been overlooking this for so long? I saw it on sale and decided to give it a go and I am oh so glad I did. This is so beautiful, even those who normally do not care for green may enjoy it. I would say this is unisex leaning toward feminine due to the moderate dose of floral notes. It eventually settles into a green magnolia which may be too feminine for a lot of guys. But I certainly wouldn't have a problem with smelling this on a man.

Fleur de Liane starts out full on green but not overwhelming as some of the greens can be. There is no nose burning forest bomb or anything. It smells pleasant straight from the bottle. It settles down into a nice green floral. It smells extremely natural. Not even a hint of synthetic. If you closed your eyes and smelled it you would probably think there were flowers and greenery nearby. Seriously, it smells completely real and natural.

I would wear this year round. It isn't a "summer only" green by any means. It would smell great in the dead of winter as it has a hint of evergreen.

Fleur de Liane is a one of my new favorites. Now I wish I had purchased the 3.4 instead of the 1.7 when I had the chance. I seriously did not expect to like this as much as I do. Now let me hurry back and see if they have any of the big ones left.....:)

tourmali45
tourmali45

Wonderfully fresh, and truly resembles salty ocean winds. Slightly bitter, a tad floral - some unusual blend, not the typical tuberose scent. Refreshing and not that aquatic (pure aquatic in my book is not a good thing), only enough to evoke sea voyage memories.
After pondering over my reasons to like this scent despite its aquatic notes, I decided that FdL's bitterness saves it for me. Aquatic is perfectly balanced by the smell of young willow or ash's shoot with scratched off bark when you smell it straight away. Another scent from nature I've always liked and wanted to find in a perfume. If someone would recreate the smell of young resinous poplar buds, I'll be in olfactory heaven.

daniela3
daniela3

I do believe that Fleur de Liane is a little bit underestimated whereas some other fragrances - in the same collection - are quite over considered, probably too much also..... and I can't change my mind even though I'm aware that they are the best-sellers in the family! Let's start looking a little bit close to this lovely (for me) fragrance; first of all, let's consider its lightness that can avoid banality or 'chill penury'... 'Greeen' is the very first impression which comes to your mind and on this note/colour all the construction is built up while adjoining some variations to enrich it. Some reviewers say about 'tropics' and 'water sensation' and I do agree with them BUT.... I would also add that - now the game becomes interesting- the floral components come to contributes wjth a gentle touch and to make it 'sweeter' although no SUGAR is here added. F. de L. it's not (LOL and super LOL a gourmand frag!)This is a peculiar frag (it really cannot remind me any other ones) which stands quite close to you BUT on the same time it doesn't go unnoticed. Difficult also say when to use it!, I've used it even in winter... in spring and of course in the summer. Strange but true, it was even 'right' during different seasons. It's a fragrance that can be loved and used even by those people (I'm one of the pack!) who adore COMPLICATED frags, SO let's give a rest to our nose, sometimes!

p.s. Although it can be absurd talking of 'sillage' in this case, do not forget its good tenacity, anyway ; )

I would say that most of all this fragrance smells grassy. And a little bit floral, but only as a background. This fragrance is light enough. Green elegant lightness. Usually, I don't like grassy fragrances, but I like this one because it's smell a little bit unusual:)

It's nice!

SuperPookie
SuperPookie

This is a subtle aquatic with nuances of green. It smells like fresh ,new growth with a ocean breeze. The floral notes are faint but definitely noticeable. I would consider this more feminine then unisex. The longevity & projection are poor otherwise this would be a ideal Summer perfume.

AveParfum
AveParfum

This isn't really the most exciting perfume to me. Aquatics always smell like melon on my skin, and Fleur de Liane is no exception. Luckily I like melon.

It goes on the skin as a fresh and somewhat tangy aqua/green/melon, quickly followed by a whisper of soft florals. It's not easy to pick out individual floral notes, but I think magnolia comes out on my skin the most. Considering it contains tuberose, Fleur de Liane a quiet skin scent, not overpowering in the least. Oakmoss finally appears after an hour or so, and it's extremely light, almost transparent.

I don't think it's as unique as I expected it to be. It smells like many aquatic perfumes, but perhaps of higher quality. Unless you are a perfume enthusiast like some of us are, I don't think anyone will be able to distinguish between this and an Acqua di Gio type of perfume. I am disappointed by the translucent oakmoss. Oakmoss is the reason I purchased blindly, I'm a sucker for it.

I do get *a bit* of a jungle vibe from this. It's green and fresh, especially in the first several minutes. But for the Garden of Eden effect, my favorite is Fig Tree by Sonoma Scent Studio. Fleur de Liane is more beachy to me than rainforest or jungle. For many people who are into aquatics, it would be lovely for daily use. I myself would probably only use this on a scorching hot day during the summer.

marinello
marinello

L'eau par Kenzo for women,just lasts longer,but practically the same,more on the feminine side altough it says it's unisex

lara0905
lara0905

Jungle bliss.

Fleur de Liane touched my heart.I love green perfumes and I'm in love with tuberose and in this perfume these elements combined together brilliantly.I love Nature and this composition just a pure reflection of the Mother Nature's beautiful face.:)

The island-where this perfume takes my soul- is a beautiful one.A dream island where the ocean waves gently wash the white sandy shore, where the vegetation lush and wild,where the air is humid and salty....where the jungle just pours out from within the most luscious smells-smell of flowers and fruits, mosses and woods.Scent of the sky,earth and the ocean-poured in every raindrop- smell of the resins on the trees and scent of mosses under your feet.All these scent swirling in the humid air.
All these notes forming a juicy and opulence yet transparent and sophisticated fragrance. Ozonic,green,watery,mossy and woody elements making a perfect combination with the creamy tuberose and tropical flowers.
The concept of tropical fragrance today was redefined to me. Fleur de Liane is a true sensation of a fresh tropical rain. This perfume is an amazingly composed green-mossy tuberose scent. A drop of jungle,touch of the untouched wild.

Worshiping of Mother Earth.

jasonx
jasonx

I used to hate this one when I sample it. However, now I'm in love & own a bottle. This one opens with a green and sappy smell like you cut open peduncle peduncle and smell it. And then some peppery vibe kicks in which gives it a standard aquatic vibe which can make people throw their hands up and say "just another generic mess". I did. However, the fragrance takes a twist when the floral note shows up. I cannot define which particular flower it is but it is really green with a slight flowery sweetness to it. Very natural.
This fragrance does change depend on the weather. If it is very hot then the flower never shows up. It needs some breeze to bloom. Therefore, I think this one is not a hot weather fragrance as it seems.

lisa o
lisa o

I find, it's a beautiful tuberose, some waterflower, and something like pitahaya and banana, fruity green, dripping of humidity in the air. it's also quite cold and leafy although a creamy effect warms it up (the woods in base). whenever I spray it, it creates the picture of lush, damp jungle trees with lots of thick brushwood and small seldom symbiotic (or even parasitic, but beautiful) flowers.

Melis88
Melis88

This is Beautiful!! A modern green,flowery aquatic. It makes me feel like I'm strolling down a path through a meadow in Maine on a cool, "dewy", spring day. Surrounded by cottages and sunshine and Lighthouses.

LaBoheme84
LaBoheme84

Very, very green. Probably the greenest fragrance I've ever smelled; like the smell when you cut the stem of a flower, and you also feel the scent of the water that the flower has been standing in. The watermelon rind comparison is very accurate too! Not the kind of fragrance I'm usually in the mood for, but I wouldn't say no to having a small amount of it, for the days when I feel like a really fresh perfume, but more original than, say, Light Blue.

clover.chen
clover.chen

actually, the first smell that hits me when i first dabbed it on my wrist is the smell of orange jasmine. a very clear, strong smell of this flower. it reminds me of my summer childhood of walking by a tree with this flower home each night. the smell is most vivid at night. so it's quite a familiar scent and i really like it. very fresh and light.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

This is a very luscious, juicy green fragrance. Like a freshly cut flower stem ... as its juice dripping -- a burst of bright crisp aquatic freshness is released into the air. This scent is very clean, clear, honest and pure, nothing synthetic or powdery about it.
It's definitely introverted and a has a slightly mysterious air to it, as individual notes are not instantly distinguishable. I like it!

silva11
silva11

I absolutely love this one. I can't wait to buy it again. A very fresh, mysterious and elegant scent, the aquatic notes blend so well with the green accords. Good lasting power too. Very feminine in my opinion.

L'Artisan Parfumeur FLEUR DE LIANE opens with a vaguely watermelonesque scent which gives the whole composition a very tropical vibe. There is definitely a sort of watery greenness to this scent, something like that of watermelon rind. Yet, in spite of the light watermelon scent, FLEUR DE LIANE is not very sweet--definitely not a fruity floral or vanilla oriental scent. I would call this an aquatic floral green.

The flowers smell almost tiara-like, yet somehow distinct. The dominant floral note appears to be marigold. FLEUR DE LIANE is a pleasing and unique composition, which strikes me as a slightly savory second cousin to monoi, if that makes any sense! I recommend this fragrance to those looking for a tropical feeling but without the cloying vanilla and coconut so often present in tropics-inspired perfumes. Although aquatic notes often smell synthetic and even emetic to me, here they do not, and if I had a bottle of this fragrance, I'm sure that I'd wear it!

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

I Like this! Very green floral like I did not expected...
I am thinking about amazonian where I am Tarzan in the jungle!
This one is more feminine in my opinion...

Auguszta
Auguszta

The tropical association usually makes me stay away from scents, so I didn't expect to like this at all, but in fact I do. This isn't tropical in a corny postcard kind of way, forget sandy beaches, coconut drinks and sunblock, it rather evokes the atmosphere of a hidden, faraway location still untouched by man, lush and green.
Along with the aquatics and greenery (both well-done) I do get the florals, like a fine, sparkling veil floating on water, their scent intensified by the heat. There's a very sultry, stuffy, almost moist feel to this scent, it's naturally and unabashedly sensual, like a sweaty T-shirt that sticks to the curves of the body in hot, humid weather. It's so suggestive that I sometimes wonder if it's approtiate to wear this in public.
Scarlett Johansson, if you're reading this, this would suit you perfectly!:)

Leesee
Leesee

A shrill aquatic scent that careens out of the bottle and lands with a noisy thump on the skin, softening only a bit on the drydown. No matter how many times I test this scent I detect none of the florals, and only a touch of the wood. Perhaps this works best, in small doses, as a masculine.