Designers » L » Aromatic Green « Groups

L'Eau de L'Artisan L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men

L'Eau de L'Artisan L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men
dislike

herbal

L'Eau de L'Artisan by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Aromatic Green fragrance for women and men. L'Eau de L'Artisan was launched in 1993. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivia Giacobetti. The fragrance features basil, mint, lemon, verbena, marjoram, woody notes, tea and moss.

Basil Mint Lemon Verbena Marjoram Woody Notes Tea Moss

Eau de Guerlain

L'Eau de L'Artisan Fragrance Reviews

aficionada
aficionada

Very well blended fragrance. Refined, elegant fresh scent. Beautiful composition of citruses and herbs. Very inoffensive. Stays close to skin. Great for hot weather. Love it. Wish it lasted longer. Stays on my skin about 1 max 1.5 hr.

lalondem
lalondem

Ah yes, bring on the hot weather -I'm now prepared! Great smelling high quality citrus that has the touch of powdery that I love. Just a touch though or it would be too cloying. Fresh and very European smelling which means to me I wear it and the smell takes my mind somewhere else....

As for the price...I was lucky enough to get 100mls for less than $50.00 at a discounters so of course I'm happy! Regardless that this smells unique and sensational I'm pretty sure I wouldn't buy this at full price. I never do - I'm a deal watcher. Watch for the deals!!

HelenAnn
HelenAnn

The fragrance of Champagne in the meadow! Perfect for a hot summers day, refreshing and invigorating. Subtle enough for wearing in a workspace. Love it.

massimilianoinquieto
massimilianoinquieto

Mi ricorda molto Eau de Rochas , frizzante, verde, fresco e simile a una cascata d'acqua.
E' piacevole e brioso,ma non originalissimo.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Summer Friendly...

Living in Florida and being a frequent traveler to the Caribbean, I know what is like wearing the best perfumes in a scorching 100F degree and 80% humidity weather at the crest of summer. Even the most expensive and highly regarded Chanel, Dior, and expensive niche perfumes do not seem appropriate while you are standing out there under the sun. They feel out of place at 12PM under these overwhelming conditions. They repel instead of entice. They suffocate and lack glamour when you are sweating.

Enter L'Eau de L'Artisan.

L'Eau de L'Artisan is basically L'Artisan Parfumeur's take of the quintessential eau de cologne.

I find this one perfect for hot weather conditions. It's refreshing and invigorating while still exuding a unique smell. Yes, there is nothing special about the lemon/grassy accord, which is the more salient one, but there is also an underlining smell of tea that gives is a singular character. The duration, as any eau de cologne, is about 2 hours before going skin. However, there are days when I can smell this fragrance on me for more than 8 to 10 hours. Silage is soft.

Overall, I like this fragrance when it is hot and I'm looking for something refreshing or at night after a shower. It smells very natural, zesty and green.

Now, true. For this type of scent, I wouldn't buy a bottle at full price (currently $145). But now you can get it from Fragrance . Net at around $68. So I grabbed me a bottle. Great fragrance at this price.

If you are looking for a functional and practical perfume, one that makes you feel refreshed, invigorated, and clean smelling, this one is for you. If you are looking for a perfume to impress in a social event, this might not be for you.

Beffie1963
Beffie1963

Minty, clean, leafy and gorgeous. Reminds me of an herb garden and I absolutely love it. The only drawback for me is the sillage - I wish the opening would blossom and maintain its integrity longer. It lasts about 1 glorious hour on me before I have to reapply.

pauroj
pauroj

fresh and clean , really nice office friendly

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

This is a great citrus/herbal fragrance, very green. I get the bright lemony opening but it never turns soapy on me. The basil and marjoram are present as an herbal background, with a soft verbena. I get a bit of the tea note in the drydown with the woods and moss. The only problem is the lamentably short longevity and sillage that many of the L'Artisan fragrances have. I love it anyway!

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

L’Eau de L’Artisan is a wonderful unisex scent that’s well suited for the summer months. I wore this one out bushwalking. It’s quite zingy and not cloying, which I think is ideal for the outdoors. However, I think that this perfume would be best on someone whose chemistry likes both green and citrus notes.

On my skin, the scent begins with some lovely bursting green accords. They are lush, vibrant and refreshing. Most unfortunately, they are tainted by a soapy lemon accord which reminds me of dishwashing liquid. The dry-down is softer as the herbal notes begin to loose some of their brightness. Whilst the fragrance itself is not unpleasant, but I think that it needs a sparkle which is preventing me from rushing out and buying a bottle.

Soft to very soft sillage (it’s mainly a skin scent); lasts for about 3-4 hours.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

An interesting perfume. It opens with a very strong, bright citrus, and that's all I got for over an hour. Then it really surprised me by morphing into a very credible "day at the beach" smell. Hot sand, salt spray sweat, faint suggestion of non-coconut skin lotion. And while not huge in the sillage department, much longer lasting than other reviews lead me to expect: I can still smell if after a good five hours. A curiosity.

muzzbait
muzzbait

first you get the sweet lemon scent (not sure of peel or juice, really...), then all the herbs kick it. kinda ruins it for me as there is an 'off accord' that is struck with the components. starts off well then, well, deteriorates...

marioslg3

i just received it today and although some time is needed to understand the perfume, i have to say that it reminds no other perfume, it reminds Cyprus mountains. I get the smell of thyme and a light smell from oregano, all of them wrapped in some lemon juice. The longevity on my skin is more than 6-7 hours but in order to smell it a bit, you have to be out in the sun. It is a summer light perfume, it needs hot weather to show.
It would be better if it was a bit stronger but l'artisan suffers from this issue. Most of their perfumes are skin scents snd this is the lightest.

marioslg3

I was so excited by Dzing! and how beutifull is and i orded this blindly as it was created by OG. Most of her perfumes are pure masterpieces including tea for two, idole de Lubin, phylosykos and many others. Im interested in this here, to see how masterfully the citrus were blented with herbs to create a unique citrus perfume, something that we dont see very often as citrus are citrus and more or less all share certain things and are not unique. Will get it soon from the post and say what and how i see it.

Amal_Alz
Amal_Alz

In the Middle East, Turkey and probably else where, a cologne bottle with a hole on top is provided next to the washing sink to squeeze, sprinkle, and rub your hands with; especially after eating fish by hand... Did you guess ? It smells exactly like this perfume !

I don't LOVE or HATE it. I just appreciate it for its simplicity, accepting the smell as it is, not judging.

Fresh spicy/ herbal/ minty/ lemony scents such as this one are typically known as summer or daytime fragrances. But I don't agree; I think it depends on mood and creativity, since I tried it in winter and loved it <3

katushka37
katushka37

L'Eau de L'Artisan is a zesty herbal infusion with just a hint of spices. The citrus I get in it is more of lemon peel scent rather than the pulp.
It is very easy to wear, I don't find it overpowering or strong yet you can still smell it. You get initial burst of spices but then it fades to citrus green scent with a hint of tea. It doesn't change much, just slowly fades.
I live in very warm climate so I appreciate light perfumes that don't overpower. I'm happy to have L'Eau de L'Artisan in my collection as it is very different to a lot of other scents out there.

eravi
eravi

In my opinion, L'Eau de L'Artisan is a wet, green perfume.
It starts with strong notes of lemon and mint which are very harsh, then after about 1 hour, it settles into a very green aroma. It smells like a wet vegetable garden right after a summer storm. I can perceive the wet grass and the wet soil.
L'Eau de L'Artisan is a very humid scent.
I love it.
I think it is a perfume to wear during spring and autumn.

ultracat
ultracat

Starts off with a big gust of verbena and mint. Then as it dries down, it grows salty. Like air wafting over your skin after an ocean dip while you walked through a grove of blooming citrus trees. Eventually, the citrus tones down to nearly nothing, leaving only the seawater. Summery, citrusy, and fresh like a pretty day, not like kitchen cleanser. No jangly artificial notes. Good lasting power, but not much sillage. Brightened my mood! Very uniquely pretty.

christianne1
christianne1

Fresh, green, summery, verbena citrus. Very authentic smelling, none of that fake citrus smell thing going on. L'Artisan does "real" right. Totally and completely unisex. It is what I break out when I start to OD on heavier and sweeter fragrances. Sort of cleans my nasal palette. L'Artisan has done enough originality to last several lifetimes...sometimes simple is a nice change of pace. Not everything has to be deep and complex to be pleasant or desirable. Everyone should have a simple, fresh go to scent for a blazing hot summer day. This happens to be one of mine.

esteban747
esteban747

Green and citrus, how much I adore simple scents!
No fancy stories here, no secret ingredient, just plain wonderful lemon mixed with herbs.
The moss and the wood notes give to this composition a body, which otherwise would be a fabulous intoxicating but fleeting fresh green breeze.
It smells like a tea party in a garden, warm sun, white umbrellas, soft breeze and the raw smell of a vegetables garden.
The longevity is poor and yet I think this fragrance is still worth every penny.
If you enjoy green, herbal fragrances, don't miss to try L'Eau de L'Artisan.

chayaruchama
chayaruchama

I believe that Olivia Giacobetti intended for this to be ephemeral - and it is.
Fortunately, it can be sprayed on clothing, and it blooms in the heat.

I really love it for the same reason I love O de Lancôme; refreshment of body and soul, and communion with nature.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I found it on clearance at Winners so I bought it, the price was right and usually I adore L'Artisan. Well, guess what. Even at that cheap price I ended up returning it. Why? Because it was a gorgeous citrus and herbs for about 5 minutes, after which it promptly changed into a soapy lemon that lasted about 1 hour and disappeared. Simply not worth it!
Actually I'd be embarrassed for Olivia Giacobetti. She is such a lovely nose but when she made this she must have been bored or sick. The most unimpressive, little and common scent.
It had to go....

Jwaks
Jwaks

Fresh squeezed lemon in a green tea infusion with basil, majoram and tea notes which are quite strong. Notes are very realistic and not synthetic at all, especially the pungeant zingy lemon opening and greenery. Lemon verbena is nice and subdued. Something smells very green and herbal after it develops for about 10-15 minutes on my skin, like crushed wet green leaves, and it's a bit off putting and dirty. It may be the mint, it's very herbal and dry. Nicely done, short lasing, not something I want to smell like.

guillermostf
guillermostf

Nice fragrance. But not long lasting. I think there's something about the brand that build all the compliments around. I mean, very nice smell, but, weak as a supermarket cologne.
review: i'm wearing it today, and isn't so weak as i said before. Is a cologne and smell really fresh. Petitgrain and very evanescence orange blossoms.
Scent:7.5/10
Lasting power: 6/10
Bottle & quality: 10/10

raw umber
raw umber

The verbena/herbal elements in L’Eau de L’Artisan remind me of visiting an empty band shell in Central Park when everything is shrouded in mist. I don’t get the uplifting feeling from it that so many seem to experience. However, that doesn’t mean I dislike it.

L'Eau de L'Artisan smells like lemon basil melancholy. The opening is quite bright and fresh, but the basil hangs down in the background creating a kind of musty shade that doesn't really compliment the herbal citrus bouquet.

I noted a similar composition in Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermes, only the mega blast of sour orange in Hermes's top notes wins me over, while L'Eau de L'Artisan remains comparatively dull in the Spring green-yellow-pale green Crayola spectrum. Sillage is pretty good, and longevity is average.

L'Eau de L'Artisan reminds me of Summer-specific ennui. It's sitting on a wire chair under the green striped awning on my grandma's brick and cement porch in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, staring at the empty school yard across the street, and trying to figure out what to do with myself.

Ride a bike? Nah... Watch T.V.? Nah... Keep looking at ants following their invisible pheromone trail across the bricks? Why not.

tourmali45
tourmali45

Perfect for lifting up the mood, just perfect. Very high quality ingredients, so L’Eau De L’Artisan is not a cheap synthetic citrus smell that hits you with a blast of chemicals. I have a sample of Jo Malone’s Lime Basil and Mandarin, and L’Artisan wins hands down. Compared to Malone’s cologne, this is fresher, more lemon verbena in it, less basil (I’m so glad!).
All the herbs combined play louder than citrus here, lemony-lime notes act more like a background for different spicy herbs. I don’t get mint, but I get some pepper instead which I like – it adds zing. And the drydown is purely absinth on wood -two of my favourites!
Extremely wearable scent, smells like summer in warmer countries.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I am wearing this at the moment and I do have to agree that it does not impress me by its originality, but it does impress me by the quality of its ingredients. This smells so true to nature. The lemon is freshly squeezed and the basil and mint smell as if they were still alive in the earth. You know the smell you get when you ruffle the leaves and smell your hand? The oakmoss note reminds me of something Sisley would have done.

It is not without reminding me of Jo Malone, Lime Basil and mandarin, but the Artisan is much nicer and less "bitter". I own the Jo Malone but I wish I would have tried this one first!

On a woman it is green, aromatic and refreshing, but I think it would really shine on a man. It would bring out the "spicier" herbs... sage, marjoram.

A very well done aromatic green in my opinon. Classic and realistic. But predictable.

L'Artisan Parfumeur L'EAU DE L'ARTISAN seems to me to be a very straightforward citrus green cologne. Brisk, refreshing, natural smelling and with just a touch of oakmoss to give it that extra zing. Most moss perfumes these days feature evernia furfuracea instead, but in this case evernia prunastri is listed among the ingredients on my manufacturer's carded sample.

The basil and grass are in full evidence, but mint I am not detecting at all. I'm having a difficult time distinguishing this composition, in fact, from any number of other high-quality citrus colognes featuring petit grain and having a light greenish cast. It smells quite nice, but L'EAU DE L'ARTISAN does not stand out from the crowd, and its middling longevity makes me think that this one should really come in a large splash bottle. Of course, that's just to say that this would make a perfect summertime scent!

EMonika
EMonika

When I initially came across this perfume and dab the first bit on there I was like D= it's definitely for a guy! Then after the opening it smells nice and lemony almost like smelling freshly cut lemongrass. This sort of reminds me of chanel no.19 abit without that aggressiveness. The more I apply it, the more I think I like it! this is very different for me as my wardrobe tends to gravitate towards sweetness.

As a unisex scent I think this is such a good balance it is nice and centered. The mint in this makes it nice, sharp and pleasant for a hot summer day. This one actually lasts quite abit on me, but remains as a skin scent after the hour. Only the ones close enough get the privilege to catch its beauty. I love how this can be such a summery scent without it being a fruit cocktail and I like how this scent does have the lemon note but it's just so smooth as with previous citrus scents can come across smelling like bug spray or the real sharp "up your nose" smell.

It is a really good day/hot night scent. When I wear this I can't help but feel positively uplifted, invigorated, with a slight glamour to it I picture a man with that Sexy Sean Connery ruggedness wearing this scent. I picture a young woman with a killer tan on the beachside sporting a very sexy jumpsuit. This invokes experiences I've never had before and that's what I like in a perfume.

This is a great unisex perfume indeed, alas my student lifestyle (budget) is yet to cater for such a fragrance!

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

Summer in the mediterranean ;)

Miss.Dior Cherie
Miss.Dior Cherie

Perfect for summer
♥ ♥

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

With crisp, almost peppery citrus, lemon verbena and lavender, this is a classic “fresh” cologne. It’s supposed to also contain mint and basil, but they’re so played down that they’re not recognizable as such. Instead, they simply provide nuances for the main notes.

Like other fragrances of its genre, this one is very short-lived. The phase during which there’s some sillage lasts for about 30 minutes but, after that, all that’s left is a green herbal skin scent that fades away in 2-3 hours.

Like any other natural-smelling citrus-herbal cologne, this would be a good scent to wear in situations where one has to be close to people who may hate perfume. The fragrance is barely there, but noticeable as a green, outdoorsy note like a freshly mown lawn in which the lawnmower caught some stragglers from the herb garden as well as the grass. It’s not something I’d go out and buy, but given that I have a sample, I’ll probably use it occasionally.

Xandria
Xandria

running out of this bottle but can't buy new one coz it's sooo expensive.

it smells clean and fresh. love to wear it in summer.

Soli
Soli

The first time I tried this scent I was immediately transported back to my childhood. Memories of summer on the beach with my younger cousin and Ldb sun tanning lotion. I really can’t explain why, but it was a gorgeous feeling and it only happened the very first time. It really hit the back of my brain and evoked so many hidden memories. There’s no sweetness here just clean water,lemon and lovely soothing herbs. Perfekt summer scent. The simplicity, purity, fresh clean spirit knocked me down completely. I simply adore this beautiful gem. Imo it’s a masterpiece. I definitely do believe that this is a must try and that it’s suitable for both women and men for sure. Though I’m not extremely good at picking out special notes I look at this scent as a whole bundle of joy that cheers me up and strengthens me when I need it. As said before here, not very long lasting unfortunately. About 2-3 hours on my skin.It has become one of my absolutely favourites. I can’t live without it!

Passionflower
Passionflower

Very nice and fresh, a lot of lemon! Quite a nice scent, but it fades too quickly. Something I might wear in the middle of summer when it's really really hot.

Kterhark
Kterhark

Here is a question for the reader: have you ever gone out for a nice meal in Paris? If so, you know its like this: you dress up in your finest, you order your meal, you wait a very long time, and then you are served one of the best dishes of your life. Within seven bites it is gone.

This is how a Giacobetti fragrance wears: too delicious and too short lived. I've now sampled enough of Olivia's fragrances to say that she is one of the best noses out there, but for heaven's sake, why isn't anyone giving her a budget to make longer lasting concentrations???

L'eau is plain brilliant. Mint and Basil- yum. How refreshing. makes you want to get up and move, sing, kiss someone, tell a joke. A very uplifting fragrance.

Sigh. My only wish is that Ms. Giacobetti will open her own restaurant someday.

Malegria
Malegria

Basil gives this fresh lemonade a little twist.But there is nothing to write home about.Yes, it`s natural...but rather homely, especially for L`Artisan child.

Sissi
Sissi

This smells just like Etro's Magot
With the simularities of the strong Lemon note I don't really care for
Aromatic scents very much and these are
one of them. there is an bitter minty
note mixing with the note of Lemon
makes it Nausiaiting This also smells
just like Eau de Guerlien with it's
scent of Mint Toothpaste
No originality just a bland fragrance.

Sita
Sita

I like this perfume and I can imagine it would smell just delicious on a man. The mint stands out the most but it is softened by the sweet fragrant lemon rind in the background, the combination of these two scents with a touch of basil balances perfectly and stops the perfume smelling too much like food.
As you would expect from L'Artisan fragrances it smells natural and fresh, no nasty cloying overpowering synthetic smells. This will suit someone, man or woman who loves natural scents and wants to smell like sweet fresh herbs.

F_A
F_A

For me L'eau de L'Artisan smells of the fresh cucumbers which are lying on the freshly cut grass. The cucumbers are green - they are not sweet or similar to those in L'eau par Kenzo. The freshness of this fragrance brings back the summer, love it!

Boggi
Boggi

Haha. "agress?" I agree!
I need to add that the perfume does not last. I think I could smell it in 30 min or at the most an hour and then it was gone. So sad.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I really like unisex fragrances, and I have become extremely attached to L'Artisan fragrances, so L'Eau de L'Artisan is a winner for me :) It has a hint of cologne in it, enough to smell masculine, and little enough to still be feminine. The great thing about this one is that it won't smell too feminine on a man, and it wouldn't smell too manly on a girl. Perfectly balanced! I get a lot of citrus (lemon) at first, joined with mint. The dry down is basil and like wheat grass. Great for the summer. Ugh, make my L'Artisan obsession go away!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau de L'Artisan fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau de L'Artisan, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Eau de L'Artisan by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Eau de L'Artisan by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.