Designers » L » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

L’Ete en Douce L`Artisan Parfumeur for women

L’Ete en Douce L`Artisan Parfumeur for women
dislike

herbal

L’Ete en Douce, floral-woody fragrance, is composed of mint, rose, orange blossom and white musk. L’Ete en Douce, which will be included into the regular L'Artisan collection, is actually slightly modified Extrait de Songe, seasonal limited fragrance launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivia Giacobetti.

Orange Blossom White Musk Rose Green Grass Lime (Linden) Blossom Hay Woody Notes

Eau du Ciel
Eau de Ciel Eau de Toilette

L’Ete en Douce Fragrance Reviews

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Soft and ephemeral , l'ete en douce is the epitome of blue sky, a warm breeze, soft sunlight and linden trees blooming. Peaceful, romantic, sweet, herbal. There is a cleanliness here that makes me think " soapy" , but I am a soap hater and yet I just love this one.
I had Caligna before and loved it, I will probably want buy it again . Compared to that, this is softer, but somewhat related. This is edt while Caligna is edp. Caligna seemed light yet it was long lasting and full of personality. Unfortunately L'Ete en douce is extremely light, and it barely lasts of an hour or two.
Still beautiful for spring and summer days , definitely feminine. If you like the smell of blooming linden trees and hay you will enjoy this.

gedlive
gedlive

I blind ordered this based on the notes and reviews. My search for a great grassy fragrance began with my favorite summertime frag, Guerlain Leau Boisee. It's marketed for Men, but woman seem to love it also. Lime, mint and green grass...

I dreamed of being a parfumer, and this fragrance is the closest to what I imagine trying to compose, a natural green scent that smells like the air..

Will update when it comes in...

Update: Got my bottle at a great price from eBay. It is aufull, unusable blind buy. A red flag should have gone up when I saw the perfumer is Giocobetti. She composed Dzing, which was an aufull screechy synthetic circus scent, and this frag is 90% the same as "Dzing". I was hoping for a natural hay and grass notes, but I just get this synthetic, plastic floral note, and a bunch of unrecognizable notes.

One good thing came from this, one of the reviews below compared it to L'Artisan's " Caligna", which I got a great deal on fragrance net for $60/100 ml. Now that's a great herbal, natural, woody, fig fragrance that may be reminisant of the smells of Southern France's countryside.

Rating: 6/10. , try before you buy, or just stay clear...

God bless you. John 3:16

Amélie Amélie
Amélie Amélie

Une réelle odeur de propre, de champs plutôt verts, de vent frais (et oui) et de draps blancs séchés au soleil!

Un parfum idéal pour une jeune fille, pour quelqu'un cherchant une odeur discrète, élégante et rassurante.

Malgré son aspect "frais" au premier abord, je le qualifierai plutôt de "parfum doudou", un côté rassurant, un rapport maman/bébé et au final..un parfum de eté

Un parfum parfait pour se pshitter et aller dormir dans des draps frais.

Points faibles
- Une tenue minable sur la peau, plus correct sur le linge..

Un parfum lessiviel plus original que la moyenne mais aimant les odeurs d'encens, de musc, de cuir...il est trop "frais" et facile pour moi

LeonieB
LeonieB

This is the clearly the older sister of La Chasse aux Papillon and the younger sister of Caligna! Greener, richer that the first, less woody and intense than the latter.
Not really for me, my skin turns all these to cat pee: I need rounder, rosier tones. But an excellent choice for those who like green, non-sweet white florals and figgy, herbal grassiness. I always consider these offerings from L'Artisan to be terribly French and cologne-y!

Top tip - check out tkmaxx online....

magda14012
magda14012

It is like a breath of fresh air. Reminiscence of the sunny days. I get mostly hay and linden. Beautiful, soft and natural. Like a walk in the open field, on a meadow, feeling agust of wind in your hair. The sun is shining and the blue sky welcomes a brand new day.

Lana148
Lana148

This is mild and soft fragrance. Smells like sweet, woody hay with a touch of muskiness. Smelling this gives me nostalgia for summer.
It's not the most memorable fragrance, but it will appeal to those who like some more comfortable, natural smells. There is something peaceful and calm about this scent.

kagamirror
kagamirror

great scent, mint, powdery white flower musk, but sprayed 4 times today but didnt projects at all and no sillage! disappointed!

mellybabydoll
mellybabydoll

It smells like....breezy air, and oh, alright I'll say it. It smells like the ink from ballpoint pen to me as well. It's so faint and quiet on the skin. If you're sensitive to scent but still want to have a signature, this very may well be your bag. It's extremely unobtrusive.

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

l'artisan says:

"L’Eté en Douce is all about purity and light. It is quiet and soft, the scent of clean white sheets drying in garden rich with orange blossom and shimmering dewy grass. The gentle blend of linden and white musks has hints of freshly cut hay and willow. Wandering through a golden landscape , this is L’Eté en Douce, the softest of summers.

orange blossom water, green hay, white muscs"

and it really does give the impression of clean linens and freshness. it's simple and pretty and airy. I love this kind of clean scent for summer, so I am very happy. not for you if you're looking for a heavy-hitter, or something very complex.

I found mine at the bargain price of £29.99 in TKMaxx, huzzah!

Planet_X
Planet_X

If you are lucky enough to live in neighbourhood with lime-trees you must be waiting for June-July to arrive as child is waiting for Christmas time!
Happy intoxication with this most beautiful linden blossom of all and linden-flavoured dreams to everyone!

jasmin5327
jasmin5327

This scent reminds me of a warm summer breeze.

canny1234
canny1234

L'ete an douce is the essence of a beautiful summers day,standing in an avenue of lime trees with the scents of grasses,blossoms and Roses in the air.
Its one of the sheer florals that L'artisan Parfumeur excels at and are so wonderful in the heat of summer.
Moderate longevity,soft silage and pronounced Linden blossom.

smellsogood
smellsogood

I don't get any linden from this. :( We have quite a few linden trees where I live and they smell beautiful, we also call them scented lime, but this just smells like babies to me. Soft, powdery and gentle, what I would call pleasant, but no linden. Gutted!

Megamind
Megamind

Interesting uplifting light and relaxing beautiful summer fragrance. In fact it's long lasting as after 7-8 hours I still catch rear whiffs with 5-6 sprays. But it sits so close to skin that is hardly noticeable after 4-5 hours.

I get mostly hay and white wood cashmere slightly sweet notes. It's so smooth and lies on a skin like a velvety concoction embracing me. The middle notes/dry down remember me the main baseline of Ma vie pour femme Hugo boss (but only baseline). Cashmere white woods are perfect here. I have an impression to put a comfortable silky t-shirt on my skin with a very pleasant tender sensation coming from a contiguity of silk with the skin.
Linden blossom and orange blossom are detectable in the very opening then leave place to hay and white woods.
Delightful!

Dufteren
Dufteren

A wolf in sheep's clothing. This scent is a etheral beauty, I detect sweet orangeblossom and linden with a musky base.
It is quite different from anything I have tried before. This will surely attract anything that breathes, seductive in a subtle manner, he wont know what hit him.

blane0734
blane0734

This is very pretty, and I think it smells very soft and gentle. I used to love this and wear this pretty much everyday, but at some point I began to dislike this. I felt that from time to time it smells a bit strong which is strange for such a soft scent.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

Very pretty linden scent, similar to AG Eau du Ciel,(the EDT). I'm getting linden with grassy/hay notes and a musky finish, the orange blossom and rose are very faint. I don't care for sweet fragrances, so this is perfect for me. The only problem I have with it is the very short longevity and almost nonexistent sillage - the same is true for the other L'Artisan perfume I have. Still, both are lovely fragrances!

mutmiu
mutmiu

After a lovely start with sweet, dusty linden blossom, the fragrance turns into a strong, bitterish soapy note. Not for me, I can't stand that everlasting monotone soapy-bitter smell. I like Olivia Giacobetti's light-handed creations in general, but not this one.

Kayse
Kayse

This is a nice musk, it smells exactly like the salon I frequent. Shampoo, conditioner and hair styling background. Nice smell, not sumptuous. I'm testing in cool weather.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

This is so beautiful and soft - like floating on a cloud, I imagine. A naturally gorgeous scent, like the 'no makeup' type of beauty. Very soothing. The hay accord reminds me of the cooler months down in South Texas, and seeing the huge barrels of hay piled along the highways. It works well all year round; spring, summer, fall, winter. It's just so fresh and uplifting. Green without smelling like grass, clean without smelling like soap, musky without being stuffy.

Not quite a skin scent but it is soft, with great longevity. Lasts 9 hours minimum on my skin.

katushka37
katushka37

To me this is an aromatherapy scent. It makes me feel calm, relaxed and slightly nostalgic.

Linden blossoms seem to dominate the composition and it instantly evokes memories of my childhood... European summer, long days and warm balmy nights in July. I also get a hint of hay so I close my eyes and imagine myself lying on the grass, listening to swallows and not having a worry in the world.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Hmm, I sprayed yesterday evening L´eté en Douce to my wrists and its still there now at morning. Though here the summer is not so hot, maby temperature is one thing for longivity. It is sooo delicious! Delicate, yes like Goutal`s Eau du Ciel. I find that dicacy similarity for these two with linden blossom. Other.. I think its though different smelling. But.. good replacement for Eau du Ciel if You stayed to miss it. I got my 50 ml bottle from swap (Thank You Sumukorento) and I really love my new scent: being soft, feninine, clean delicacy still being kinda fresh.. Tender! Yes. VioletLily mentioned about the daydream.. that is so well said. Beautifull and happy daydream <3 And I can not complain about longivity in here. :D

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

I just bought it. As most L'Artisan Parfumeur smell, it is diffuse and translucent. Do not expect big sillage. But if you are looking for a spring-summer fragrance without the usual citrusy thing happening, this is it. Fresh grass, soft (ever so soft) orange blossom... And then magic. I am not even sure what I am smelling, but it's simply gorgeous.

evacecilias
evacecilias

Bare feet on a summer meadow, bed linen drying on the rack,
bare clean skin, barely there....
I am so surprized this soft formula touches my skin and nose, like it does.
Very soft , almost fragranced water but I'm in love !
Beautiful summer skinscent !

Update:

Love this scent but I have to state a warning !
It is cologne like or almost fragranted water
So in the long run probably not worth the money.
I use it as a refresher on hot days when I have little
or no possibility to take a shower.
Keep it in your bag on a hot summer day to refresh when needed !

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

What a darling little fragrance this is. It really does smell like crisp, clean laundry. Then as it warms up, because of the musk, it actually smells like clean skin! It opens very crisp and soapy, but as a little time passes the smell of clean skin starts to emerge. I wore it in the sun for a bit yesterday and as the sun heated my skin, the musk really came out. Im using a lot of the same words here to describe this scent because there's really not much more to it. I'm actually surprised how much I like it! I'm usually not into clean laundry type smells as perfume, but the musk keeps it interesting. I can't imagine wearing this outside the realms of warm spring and summer days on its own. However, I do feel like it would pair nicely with almost any other scent. Clean laundry and clean skin go with anything, so it just adds a nice natural touch to whatever other scent you have on. I've tried it alongside several already and havn't been disappointed. Longevity so far seems better than some L'Artisans. Even being a light projector, it sticks around. It's just a happy, pleasing, comfortable scent and I really really like it!

lisa o
lisa o

I sometimes spend some weeks at the west-coast of france and always use the cheap "le petit marseillais" shower gel with orange flower. that is, how "Été en douce" smells, I find. and this smell is so strongly connotated with buying a big steak at the butcher next to the church, fresh canélés, lots of perfect cooking stuff at Super U and afterwards taking a bath in the cold sea. so maybe it is a bit tasteless, this milky orange-flower musk (not a real orange flower obviously;) and linden thing, but I can't help liking it.

SelenaSerena
SelenaSerena

Just got myself a bottle from a niche perfumery shop. I loved it from very first spray. I should say I did not know what to expect and the scent appeared quite unique to me compared to anything else I own.
I would love it for both spring and summer days when I need just a light whiff of perfume which is rather skin scent than a tail-y fragrance.

Most of all this fragrance smells light orange blossom scent and not indolic luckily. I also feel just a little bit willow and linden, but it's light, too. In general this fragrance smells light elegant, citrusy floral.

I like this fragrance. It's really nice!

frogsnsnails
frogsnsnails

Everyone's reviews here are so beautiful and evocatively descriptive that I won't even try to top them! I agree with all the glowing reviews below- light, summery, fresh, perfect warm weather fragrance when you don't want to wear anything overtly attention-grabbing, but more of an aura of zenlike tranquility in the summer.

The dry down on me becomes slightly green & milky, similar to how Diptyque's Philosykos dries down on me. I absolutely adore its greenness and just how crustless-cucumber-sandwichlike it is.

LIN
LIN

So divine! i didn't think i'd like this one as much as i do... it's so inoccent and light floral, it reminds me of spring time, very much like a cool breeze of fresh air. This perfume is all about beginnings and simpleness! Very soft and feminine white musk scent. Love this one!

Gabi310
Gabi310

A georgeous, enchanting, must have summer fragrance dominated by the fragrant linden blossom. It's beauty lays in its simplicity. This sublime scent makes me feel pure and clean even on the hottest summer day in the city and follows me around like my personal gentle breeze. I wore it to the gym to test it and after 2 hours of heavy workout I still smelled as if I just stepped out of the shower. I'll forever be grateful to Olivia Giacobetti for sharing her talent with the world.

maxtorelsa
maxtorelsa

第一瓶的阿蒂仙大瓶就是她,虽然很清淡 但是留香很不错 而且散发性也不差 只是这个香调表是否完整呢 感觉玫瑰和橙花都不是主导...

L'Ete en Douce is one of the nicest Spring appropriate florals I've smelt in recent years. There is something truly likable about it. I can't help enjoying the way it smells on my skin.

The opening is the perfect blend of sweet and moist orange blossom and linden blossom, with an enticing note of fresh mint. It's a happy and delicate fragrance with feminine written all over it.

The overall feel is light and breezy. The white floral aspect is watered down, so it smells more clean rather than heavy or creamy. Gentle aromas of hay, grass and rose provide a natural and very Spring-like sensation that I can't help but admire.

Towards the base, L'Ete en Douce takes on a crisp soapiness with a touch of musk. It does have a slight laundry detergent smell, but on this particular occasion, it doesn't bother me.

Thankfully this fragrance is lasting despite its watery softness and delicacy. I feel instantly refreshed when wearing L'Ete en Douce, so I do not hesitate in recommending this fragrance whole-heartedly to floral lovers or niche enthusiasts.

Before_Sunrise
Before_Sunrise

Can you imagine yourself bathing under the frozen, crystal waters of a sparkling waterfall?..

If no, then L'artisan once again achieves the desired effect.
L'ete en Douce is exactly what you need to get transported in this refreshing paradise!

In the beginning, the first spray might hit you in the face with it sharp and a bit medical aspect, but that phase doesn't last long. According to my nose Linden tree along with a generous portion of musk is the one to give that flowery cold feeling. A hint of mint blends perfectly with the orange blossom which adds a slight sweetness to the whole composition.
L'ete en Douce finishing it development as a clean, musky-woody perfume that plays a safe, gentle game on you skin, especially in summertime.
my rating: 8/10

lamar
lamar

رائع لو يزيدون تركيزك شوي وهو طبعا من العطورات السوفت البارده بودري بكل ماتعنية الكلمه حبيته

Miss Picky
Miss Picky

Hmm, this is a curious one.

I bought it mainly because a boutique in town had a few L'Artisan 100 ml perfumes at 30 euro each (down from 90!); I had tested L'Ete many times on paper, enjoyed its sweet linden softness, and decided for that price I would buy a full bottle. In the end, they only had the tester left, so I got a nearly full bottle for 20 euros! L'Artisan bargain!

So, the price was right. How about the scent?

Well, that's where I struggle a little bit. On me, I've found it really difficult to not think of fabric softener every time I wear it. Something - perhaps the mint - is lending it a cold edge that on me, smells a little chemical. A beautiful light floral, but with a bit of harshness somewhere. It warms up a little after an hour, but not enough that I would call it a 'skin scent'.

Sillage is pretty good, but the fragrance only last around 3 hours. So that's the other curious thing. You can smell it and smell it and smell it and then it just vanishes.

So, I think this one depends on chemistry. On paper, it was a soft, herbaceous, rose-tinted summer perfume. On me - well, I smell like I just washed and ironed every item of clothing I'm wearing.

It could be worse!

UPDATE: now that I'm smelling this in summer, I loooove it! I don't get the harshness that I definitely used to in winter's cold, dry days; with a bit of heat + humidity, this is a fabulous soft sent-bon. I frequently wear it to bed, keeping my wrist close to my face as I fall asleep for a wonderfully aromatic lullaby...

L'Artisan Parfumeur L'ETE EN DOUCE evokes memories of the mingling aromas of freshly steamed rice and sencha tea in a Japanese restaurant--oddly enough, given the notes! Surely there is some guaiac wood here? Otherwise I believe that an authentic act of alchemy has occurred in producing these aromas from rose, neroli, mint, and musk!

L'ETE EN DOUCE is certainly soft and tender and almost unperfumelike in its subtlety. It's not quite a skin scent, but neither is it either very floral or very woody. I find this composition pleasing in a zenlike way. This is not a perfume to conquer the world in. This is a perfume with the power to calm and soothe rattled nerves. But eating a bowl of chirashi and drinking tea would accomplish that aim equally well, if not better...

birdbrain45
birdbrain45

Tested this one today and thought I would love it from the descriptions. It just smelled bland and of hairspray and then disappeared on my skin. Guess I like my perfumes heavier unless it is the white musk that disagreed.

Aroussa
Aroussa

Oh my. I made the mistake of buying Douce immediately after I first sniffed it. I was taken in by the originality of the scent - which I can describe as butter cookies in a stack of hay during a hot summer day... Unfortunately, after an hour of smelling this bold confection on my skin, my nose gets extremely exhausted, to the point where even if I smiff the bottle now, I feel nautious, as if all that hay has started to decompose.... I'm really sorry but this isn't working for me, it's just too weird and crazy.

I got a sample and used it up with great pleasure in summer, I'm not going to purchase because I think it's too bland. there are days I almost can't smell it at all, then other days I smell a lovely, sweet floral (not foody!), joyful, light scent. It's uplifting and comforting. Not a sexy scent.

VioletLily
VioletLily

To me, L’Ete En Douce is a daydream in gentle sunlight. It isn’t one particular note or scent, though at the beginning I do get a mix of the mint and rosy top notes and a hint of orange blossom, though none yell out their presence.
Soon, as the linden and hay emerge, I’m surrounded in pale greens and blues and the lightest, purest breeze, drifting in through the door, the sun outside warming the hay and freshly washed cottons on the line. Just the sheerest whisper of their scent is carried in on this warmed, fresh breeze. Seriously, it fills my nose with joy. It’s almost a cross between a clean and musky skin scent, with its nuances of mint, rose and orange blossom and musk. Although, at times I get just a touch of sugared almonds, but I think that is just how it plays out on my skin sometimes.
I’d normally prefer to wear L’Ete En Douce in an environment which is not awash with other smells, or even noise. It is one to wear in more quiet places or moments or even to sleep. Despite the quiet aura of this scent, I’m still surprised by its tenacity on my skin and soft sillage.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur L’Ete en Douce fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur L’Ete en Douce, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L’Ete en Douce by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L’Ete en Douce by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.