Designers » L » Floral « Groups

La Chasse aux Papillons L`Artisan Parfumeur for women
dislike

tuberose
La Chasse aux Papillons L`Artisan Parfumeur for women Pictures

La Chasse aux Papillons by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Floral fragrance for women. La Chasse aux Papillons was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Anne Flipo. The fragrance features tuberose, orange blossom, jasmine, lime blossom and white flowers.

Tuberose Orange Blossom Jasmine Lime Blossom White Flowers

La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme
Today

La Chasse aux Papillons Fragrance Reviews

CrystalLullaby
CrystalLullaby

This is softer than I expected it to be. I don't smell any tuberose... I smell jasmine and soap, but really nice soap. When I first put it on I was thinking it really reminded me of something, but couldn't think what. And I think (but I'm not 100%) it's the jasmine soap that Lush used to sell in the late 90's/early 2000's. I can't remember what it was called now, need to google it!

Lush Alkmaar soap!

freakypirate
freakypirate

Opens fresh and green with soft florals. The florals pick up speed, the greens disappear completely, leaving a sweet floral scent. Jasmine and orange blossom are standing out the most for me and become slightly indolic on my skin. Very pretty! I don't get much linden blossom from this. During drydown the tuberose becomes a bit more apparent but it's never loud.

This scent is very linear on my skin and it doesn't change much after the above. It's a soft skin scent and it smells very delicate. The drydown smells a bit fruity on me.

It's not much of an adventurous scent though, I usually like my perfumes to have a little "oomph" and this one might just be a little too well-behaved and innocent for me. Not sure if I can pull off so much inoffensiveness!

All in all, a very beautiful eau de toilette! I understand the bridal fragrance references. I'm curious if the Extrême version has that oomph I'm looking for!

CeceliaHuynh
CeceliaHuynh

It's a charming scent of fresh flowers. It's very likeable but I didn't find it very distinctive like other Artisan fragrances.

Lana148
Lana148

This is a Holy Grail of white floral!

The combination of tuberose/linden blossom is just irresistibly beautiful. My favorite white floral fragrance, very feminine and romantic!

Spring in a bottle!!!

Morely
Morely

Very feminine perfume. Almost exclusively jasmine on me. Very close to natural jasmine smell. That's why I like it so much. More of a night perfume for me. Not quite sure why but for me it sounds better in winter.

katushka37
katushka37

I fell in love with La Chasse aux Papillons when I blindly bought a shower gel. I remember opening the box and geting acquainted with gentle white floral scent.

I new that a perfume was a must-have for me for I finally got my hands on one...I was a bit disappointed because I got a heavy load of tuberose (nothing agaist it just wasn't something I was expecting)...I waited for it to setlle but it was still there after good 30 minutes...I was ready to give up on this scent and even created an ebay listing...I went for a walk later that day and wind was blowing my hair in my face and I've noticed that beautiful getle white floral scent I fell in love with...I got my phone out and cancelled my ebay listing straight awaw...it was definitely a keeper.

If tuberose scared you the first time round - give this scent another chance! The drydown is stunning and well worth the wait.

Neodymium
Neodymium

Light, pretty, sparkling white florals. Very feminine. The name is well suited.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Upon spraying La Chasse aux Papillons, a gentle redolence of tuberose and linden blossom comes out to greet my nose. But soon, it's the linden blossom that dominates the first hour of LCaP. The linden blossom is bright like sunshine. Its citrus nuance is sparkling, sweet, event a bit sugary at times. Fortunately, there is also a subtle herbal, grassy nuance cutting through the sweetness and adding a natural, vegetal touch.

Later, lightly honeyed orange blossom becomes more noticeable, making a smooth transition from dazzling linden blossom to the final drydown of silky, creamy tuberose, gardenia and jasmine, like the serene moment resting in the flower field after a vigorous but harmless chase and playing with butterflies.

La Chasse aux Papillons wears very close to skin, and the longevity is around 6 hours. Granted, the performance of LCaP could have been better, but its sheer texture does help to prevent the scent from being too heady. La Chasse aux Papillons is not that original, but it's idyllic, innocent and pure, irresistably pretty and utterly enjoyable. As a white floral for casual and daily wear, La Chasse aux Papillons is probably one of the prettiest options available. And for those who usually shy away from white floral, La Chasse aux Papillons is also a good start to redeem one's affinity to this category.

houzi
houzi

On me it's mainly tuberose lined with some linden blossom that gives it a subtle honey touch. Tuberose is the only note I smell straight away, even before I start concentrating on the scent. Not the statement tuberose that makes you gasp for air, but a very polite and breezy version of the note. To my nose it does have a little of that pollen-y richness though, so I wouldn't necessarily call it sheer. I feel like the other white flowers are there mostly to help the tuberose shine, they melt in seamlessly.

This kind of composition could easily become a heady beast of a fragrance, but it takes on a very different character instead: soft, pastel-light, pretty. It feels innocent, like holding hands for the first time, but full of promise, because now your hearts are giddy with anticipation of the kiss that will follow in time.

I don't think it's very special, but not all perfumes have to be. Sometimes I just want to feel dainty and sweet, and La Chasse Aux Papillons seems perfect for the job. It may not be challenging, but it never feels boring or lame.

Very wearable, hard to overdo. Lack of longevity is an issue, but maybe it goes with the subtle spirit of the perfume.

Dinkum
Dinkum

Tuberose is tricky. Many - most even? - scents thats primarily about tuberose are not easy to wear in public.

This will be my to-go tuberose. Will be perfect in summer, although I´ll try in in winter too... An nice and well behaved tuberose that won´t offend people. Not a "meh" scent, though. This really is a lovely little gem :)

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

A beautiful Tuberose Solifleur. It's a bit linear but that's okay because it's lovely. It never gets sharp and is a creamy. I don't really get anything else in it besides the tuberose, either because it's just that well blended or because that's all I can get out of it. Not sure which.

It's pretty short lived, about 4 hours and it wears close to the skin.

waternight
waternight

Very white-floral – heady tuberose with a strong support from creamy gardenia. Periodic whiffs of lime blossom, and the suggestion of indoles. I would swear I smell white sandalwood as well. Nothing sharp or spicy about this scent – everything is very smooth and creamy and gently blowsy. So much so, in fact, that I kind of want a bit of spice or resin or pepper. As it is, it’s lovely and warm and Southern, and I appreciate those qualities, but it’s rather tame. Maybe it’s supposed to be! I’m fine with that. But I’m curious to see what it would be like with a bit of pink pepper, or nutmeg, or a touch of frankincense. This is a sleepy, dreamy scent. Apparently this is a popular bridal scent, which definitely makes sense if you're going for the whole "innocent virgin" thing.

Inventress
Inventress

My first step into niche was through L'Artisan Parfumeur's La Chasse aux Papillons. Its scent is beautiful - a white floral centred around tuberose. Orange and lime blossoms are easy to distinguish, intertwining to give lift to the composition. A hint of jasmine adds depth. Overall, it smells somewhat of tea. La Chasse aux Papillons is definitely a spring or summer scent to be worn during the day, as its tenacity and projection are simply too week for special night-time occasions. It only lasts a maximum of 1.5 hours, which I think is unacceptable for a niche scent with such a price tag. The sillage is minimal, the fragrance clings to the skin.

Although La Chasse aux Papillons has a wonderful scent, its low longevity makes it as disappointing as some mainstream fragrances. I'd rather invest in a quality mainstream from Chanel, Dior, or Guerlain rather than spend on a short-lived niche.

Liora c berer
Liora c berer

Love it!!
Baught in italy and counting the days to travel again to have another bottle...
They dont sell it in brazil!

clair de neige
clair de neige

All I smell is jasmine.

NinaSPakdi
NinaSPakdi

I was really convinced that this would be a great true white floral from the notes, but a bit lighter. It was what I expected at first smell but then it turned into something that didn't smell like white florals on me. Not to mention the lasting power was horrible for a $150 fragrance.

I would definitely say that this is NOT a blind buy perfume!

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Well, I know now beyond any shadow of doubt that I loathe lime Blossom!

I like the tuberose in this, and on opening the softness reminds me of Drole de Rose. I found it velvety, almost suede-like. I was enjoying this savoury creamy-textured quality. Then an hour into dry down a germolene hospital/medical note became more pronounced. Like an old shabby fabric band-aid. Depressing.

I used to work in a hospital, and I remember having to check an old part of the hospital that was about to be closed down. It was the most depressing part of a depressing job. I took weird arty photos to make it more bearable, and if those photos had a smell this would be it.

AnyaZ
AnyaZ

This is a lovely, light scent, which is discrete and light enough to wear to work without upsetting people, or just for fun. It can go from day to night, though it remains girly, like a white gauze dress twirling from a dance or a breeze. Although the tuberose is there, it is not heavy or old-lady-like, but rather like a spirit accompanying you on a stroll through an orange orchard. What people are describing as "linden" is actually the tuberose, though not macerating in the shade, rather this is the blossom opening up just a little into brightness and sunshine. The sillage reminds me of a fresh bouquet of lilac in the Spring--pleasant, but not too heady. What is best about this fragrance is that it is original and very unlike the modern commercial scents with their plasticky melon/cucumber bit, or the even worse slight burnt plastic impressions (think Jennifer Anniston; nice person; yucky fragrance). This EDT is a beauty and gives me much delight.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

A lively, captivating, feminine, bright, high-tuberose scent. Unapologetically girly, coy, confident, mischievous.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Light, very green tuberose with a lot of linden. This is not your usual overwhelming white floral. It is very delicate, crisp and gentle. Good for the office, not offensive or at all strong. The sweetness of the florals comes in after the green opening.

brightstar
brightstar

Wearing La Chasse aux Papillons I'm picturing myself like Alice in Wonderland between the flowers and the butterflies. I get orange blossom, lime blossom and jasmine. It's very rich, maybe too much. I can't imagine wearing it on a daily basis. That's why it has a poor longevity, because it's something precious you put on when you are all alone with yourself and want to be carried away to another world. Like other L'Artisan fragrances La Chasse aux Papillons it's more a piece of artwork than a perfume.

WendyMH
WendyMH

Dancing light-filled gorgeousness. La Chasse aux Papillons is one of my all time favourite scents. Very girly, filled with flowers - I can see the butterflies fluttering as it spritzes from the bottle. There's something a touch different about this perfume from other florals - perhaps the somehow light take on tuberose. Love florals and haven't yet smelled anything that would be a twin of this. Unique. Gorgeous.

LesleyA
LesleyA

I just dabbed on my last precious drop of my sample. Sad face.
Happy face however, that I am right now blissfully surrounded by one of the most scrumptious, natural-yet-straight-from-fairyland, floral bouquets my nose has ever enjoyed. Mmmm. Honeyed, silky white petals, pollen, and if the sunshine on those magical, low-humidity, zero-haze, and everything is sparkling days, that pop up from time to time, had a scent... it's in there too. I know I'm offering no new info, but when a scent makes me this joyful, I like to talk about it. :)
I am a linden lover, and in my opinion, the linden note does not stand out, yet it ensures that what is to me, a mostly tuberose perfume, stays polite, light and ethereal.
This is just flowers. Nothing added, nothing synthetic.....nothing but petals. Simple, but done so beautifully. Exactly what I gravitate towards.
I'm a sucker for compliments on my perfume. It's not why I wear perfume, but knowing I smell pleasant to others is a day brightener, and honestly ups my opinion of the fragrance. I wore this yesterday to the dentist, and when he was finished checking my teeth he thanked me for making his job easy with my already clean teeth, and "smelling amazing.". The hygienist chimed in in agreement, and I proceeded to blush, happily. He asked for the name and says he has plans to purchase it for his wife.

I was planning on ordering a nice little decant due to the price, but when something is this good, I do think a full-bottle splurge might be in order.

gul_twinkle
gul_twinkle

It is very pungent when you first put it on- I am not exaggerating but to me it smells of b.o.
I love some of their scents. Except the figuier one, one can not wear them within a social situation. . I love theDzonkha but once again it is an unpleasant smell for at least ten minutes. I can only wear it at home...
The chasee papillions turns in to a sweet powdery pleasant scent after ten minutes on ones skin. Then it is wonderful. However one can only smell it faintly as it has become weak and unnoticable ( extrem as well).
I think the Artisan team design these deliberately to put us through turmoil and repulsion- only to remind us that it is a part of living to the full... ; p

surfergirlpuppy
surfergirlpuppy

Nice at first. A very light linden blossom. Then fades to nothingness on me.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Beautiful scent and yes I do get the Bridal connotation.
It is actually a very pleasant tuberose (that normally is not my favourite flower albeit I slowly admit to taking a liking to it...)

Big fanfare of a white flower opening and whilst using standard white florals, it is the composition that creates something rather abstract and new....and quite wonderfully so...sadly not long enough as remarked in most reviews here, the sillage and longevity is somewhat poor, however there is something 'moorish' (english for yummy and very palatable) if not gourmand in the dry down, almost reminiscent of sugar powdered edible paper or wafers, somewhat floral-vanilla.

I love the concepts and ideas of most L'Artisan scents but I wished they lasted longer and were stronger.

Perhaps we should all refer to the 'extreme' version of the fragrance?

Compared to all the bad tuberose perfumes out there, still very worth buying......and yes that also goes for men! (love it on my skin)

zsuzsa.popucza
zsuzsa.popucza

I´ve got a little cold and now it feels different, interesting. I only feel a lot of lime blossom, some lakris and green scent in it.

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

This is an ideal spring signature scent, and would make a lovely bridal perfume.

Of all the florals I've tried, this one has a complete absence of harshness and indolic influence. That's why it smells so good. It is not a deep perfume, but it's very rich. Not a screech or cloy in sight.

One good spray stays light, joyful and womanly for at least 8 hours on my skin. I've been wearing it everyday to the office. Bueno!

evesoho
evesoho

I ordered a small 5 ml decant after using a 1 ml sample in a flash. I'm very picky with tuberose and gardenia, so I was so surprised to fall in love with this. Still, I couldn't wear it every day - special occasions only.

It's so romantic, that I prefer to wear it at night. Champagne, viognier, rose, or chamomile tea is the wearer's drink of choice. Oh, and absolutely a white dress, like cake 'n cuddles says. During the day, I can hardly take myself seriously enough wearing Papillons.

The opening burst has a fruit candy note that reminds me of a scented doll I had as small child. That must be the linden blossom (?), but it goes away in a mere minute.

I'm surprised that everyone decries the longevity. Have you ever tried to catch a butterfly? Or watch a butterfly? They flee... so quickly... Butterflies seem mythical for this reason.

On my skin, the scent lasts 2.5 hours on the outside of my forearms (where there's hair to grab it) and while the sillage is soft after the opening, it's along the moderate side of soft. I certainly don't mind reapplying, because I enjoy the enchantment of the opening. At 3 hours I can still detect it, but the sillage is right next to my skin. Update: 8 hours later and my skin still smelled like La Chasse... it was as soft as possible, but my skin was obviously scented.

This perfume is meant for spraying in hair and on clothing in addition to the usual spots. Touch up with one spray/dab later if you like. Combine this thorough application with the use of La Chasse... body milk and/or shower gel (available on ebay) and you're golden. *You* are the butterfly being chased. Please note, I'm not one to recommend bath and body products based on perfumes because I usually find them overpriced and redundant.

I believe that La Chasse aux Papillons perfume and the corresponding bath and body products are all worth the price. Sadly, I can not afford to wear all these products the way I'd like to. Even if money was no object, I couldn't justify the purchase because spring in Ontario is so brief, and summers are too humid for me to wear tuberose (I'm picky). It just doesn't seem smart. I'm happy for now with my decant, though.

Update: 3 sprays lasted a beautiful 6 hours on me last night, although it felt a bit strong for the first 20 minutes. :)

p.s. Spray directly onto skin in close range, no more than an inch away. Do not do the "spray into the air and walk through". This may fix the bulk of the longevity issues.

Update: I was wearing this perfume when I went to an outdoor concert... and discovered that someone I know has a crush on me. I didn't think he thought much of me... but he hugged me a certain way, stared at me from across the green, and the person he was with kept looking at me with curiosity and a certain kind of knowing. When he spoke to me, he inadvertently gushed, then seemed embarrassed... my heart went out to him. He is a very lovely man and I'm really flattered. Now, whenever I wear La Chasse, I'm reminded of how sweet and surprising people can be. (Although I wasn't wearing a white dress, I was wearing an ankle-length black pencil skirt and a white linen button up shirt over a white lace camisole, with the sleeves rolled up and top 3 buttons undone).

** I've been layering La Chasse with Demeter Linden blossom. It's utter beauty. My baby niece grabbed my arm and started tasting it. Luckily, she doesn't have teeth yet, lol!!

Update: I finished 6 mls this summer easily - so I bought the 50 ml bottle. When I look at the new reviews above now - I'm so excited Lesley A loves this. I just knew it would suit her!

More light than heavy floral fragrance. I would say that it smells more a tuberose note. Also it smells orange blossom a little bit. But speaking about linden blossom, I can't even closely compare it to a truly linden blossom scent in French Lime Blossom by Jo Malone.

This fragrance is rather good than bad, but it's not my cup of tea.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I have yet to find an Artisan fragrance that I like...Maybe this brand doesn't get along with my skin
:( This one smells like mushrooms sauce on my skin. Nothing more, nothing less o_O

arrode
arrode

To liken this perfume to a more mainstream perfume, this perfume is like a lighter version of Juicy Couture's Juicy Couture. If you like how this smells, but are upset by the lack of longevity/sillage, you might want to check out Juicy Couture as it has that same tuberose smell, but is a lot heavier/long lasting. This lasts about an hour, max, on my skin.

cloudberry
cloudberry

Lovely light perfume, which dances off my skin just like the fluttering butterflies of its name. I'd give this as a gift to my 13-year old daughter to wear to her first high-school dance. Pretty fragrance for pretty little girls. For a sexy grown-up lady, it disappears before I've finished putting on my makeup, leaving no trace but the memory of how much it cost. :) Very pretty scent, though.

raw umber
raw umber

La Chasse aux Papillons is a virgin bride in a bottle.

It's Summer (of course) and I can almost see the yellow pollen floating in the air. Beyond the linden and orange blossoms, there is some other element in this composition that makes the whole thing seem a little faded-out, like one of those small, antique photographs. It's like a half-imagined memory.

It's definitely not stale but it's also not exceptionally fresh in the way Jo Malone's Orange Blossom is fresh. Maybe it's too romantic to be fresh? Still not exactly sure what the deal is.

This fragrance is not too light, but it is definitely locket-sized. If something can smell romantic and innocent at the same time, this is definitely it.

The SA at the L'Artisan counter at Henri Bendel told me that La Chasse aux Papillons is a very popular fragrance among new brides. I can see why.

It's a fragrance for real life Disney Princesses, but without all of the marshmallows, spun sugar, and CGI florals that one might normally associate with the word Disney. If you want to convey a celebratory life-loving personality, but still come off as lady-like and without the CGI fireworks overhead, this is your juice.

antfarm
antfarm

This is incredibly pretty and innocent; it reminds me of opalescent colors and a baby's first smile. As floral as it is, there is absolutely nothing overpowering, polleny, powdery, or sneeze-inducing. It really does smell like being outside in the spring with a bunch of butterfly-attracting flowers, along with a warm and subtle breeze.

Normally tuberose and other white florals morph into the scent of nail polish remover or buttered popcorn on my skin, but I don't get that nastiness at all here. So delicate. Not much lasting power or else it would definitely be on my wishlist.

Cereza
Cereza

This is lovely. I waited for another tuberose which I will surely enjoy, but La Chasse aux Papillons delivered much more than that.
The first sniff is tuberose for sure, but after few seconds it becomes overpowered by lime blossom which I simply adore. The scent is very natural and smells wonderful, it is not as good as other lime blossoms I've tried, but it's is pleasing of course.
At the heart part it still is dominated by lime blossom, the background is a lovely mix of creamy and tropical tuberose and indolic and sensual jasmine. The thing I like the most about the heart part - the greenness of lime blossom balances the sweetness out perfectly.

A lovely and summery scent. Short longevity and silage though, so I wouldn't spend my $ on a bottle, but it was a good sample and I enjoyed trying it.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

So today is the day I finally meet this gorgeous scent. I was lucky enough to find this in its dry oil form at the discount store. What luck, as I was on my way to renew my bottle of Nuxe dry oil that I use for my hair and body.

So they say this is the perfume that has the power to turn a white floral hater into a white flower lover.... I am now a believer!!!

The reviews are mixed about this one, but having smelled all of these beautiful flowers individually in their real life form, I cannot help but marvel at the authenticity of this scent. It is also funny enough that the dry down of this beauty reminds me of the tropical aroma of the tiare flower at night time. I am happy about this as I own no tropical floral perfumes... yet.

This is, to me, a white floral which is in no way offensive or cloying. It is just natural and simple. Love it.

(does this remind anybody else of Chantecaille Petales??)

mejohann
mejohann

Oh my goodness this was awful. I am astounded that this must smell good on some people. All I got was rotten salad dressing both in the bottle and on my skin. It didn't even change at all after time. Just more rancid salad dressing.

Gabi310
Gabi310

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE...La Chasse Aux Pappilons is a tantalizingly beautiful, delicate and layered floral composition. The opulence of the heady and buttery tuberose is tamed here and turned into a narcotic, ethereal veil by the vibrant orange blossom and by the freshness of the unmistakable linden blossom. It's feminine, soft and super elegant. An ode to joy and to eternal spring. Great longevity on my skin. An absolute MUST HAVE in my collection!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This lovely scent reminds me of a summer evening in the twilight chasing fireflies while the grown-ups talked and drank iced tea in a freshly mowed yard with lots of summer flowers blooming and honeysuckle blooms in the hedgerows.

The more I smell this amazing juice the more it reminds me of fresh honeysuckle blossoms. Now I can enjoy summer all winter without the heat and humidity!

aidauzemljicuda
aidauzemljicuda

It's a shame that I almost have to go to France to get one.

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

This fragrance is much loved... and I really wanted to try it although it's quite different to the notes I usually wear. Sadly all the adjectives used to describe it were not my experience. Like Mals86 who reviewed below after the opening which was some rose and blossom it went totally "bathroom cleaner" on me. A slightly acrid piercing lemon/lime that you get on washed floors... this was further highlighted by a much loved creamy soft fragrance that I wearing on my other arm.
I carry on trying L Artisan to find the one for me...

tbozzo
tbozzo

Beautiful, creamy, lush but light floral. It's hard not to love this one. On first smell it brings back the memory of a perfume my mother bought me in grade school years. I can almost picture the bottle round, flat, used to sit on my filigree mirror perfume tray. I have no idea what it was, but this smells like my memory, and it brings me joy. I Might have to get a full bottle because it just makes me smile...

BelAria
BelAria

This scent is light as a feather, whisper soft and full of inner joy. Transformed into Primavera the goddess of spring, the early white blooms of the season dance on the wind in your wake. Bellissima!

daniela3
daniela3

Gentle, sweet, poem it makes me think about a French film: "Une dimanche à la campagne" by B. Tavernier. I love particularly the E.d.T. - more than the Extreme, as the latest lacks all those pleasant linden notes that made 'La chasse' an outsider fragrance when it was first released. If only it lasted longer......

ralucucky
ralucucky

If you like tuberose, you'll definitely like this perfume. I loooove the name! Pleasant.

I was initially surprised by how sweet this fragrance was. La Chasse aux Papillons (beautiful name by the way), is very girly and pretty, and in regards to that I find it truly lovable.

In the initial stages, La Chasse aux Papillons reminds me of the scent of sugary bubblegum. This fragrance is quite strong at first, but as it settles it becomes much quieter. The tuberose is of the friendly and universally likable kind. It's neither too creamy nor too floral. Bois de Jasmin described it well, "a mist of bright floral notes, underpinned by the coconut sweetness of tuberose". Essentially a sweetened white floral in a slightly different vein to what you may be used to.

It evokes something within me, perhaps a childhood memory, a desire to run in the Spring fields wearing a pretty, pink fairy dress with sparkly wings attached. Okay, so La Chasse aux Papillons may not be the most mature fragrance on the market, but it sure does delight me with its imaginative and juvenile nature.

It is indeed a very happy and fun-loving fragrance, one that I'd recommend as a niche for young girls and the super feminine types. I do believe, that even someone who doesn't usually like white florals will be impressed by La Chasse aux Papillons.

The longevity is so-so, not incredibly lasting but also not too disappointing. The sillage however is very close to the skin, which can be a good thing especially during the warmer weather of which this fragrance is best suited.

Carabella
Carabella

This perfume smells so realistically of summer blossoms, that if you wear it, you will confuse bees.

emily7
emily7

This in an idyllic Arcadian meadow on which have miraculously met: linden blossom, jasmine, orange blossom and tuberose.
Above this perfect white flowers meadow - yellow butterflies in ecstasy.

Perfume that has the power to instantly cheer up and to evoke most beautiful childhood memories.

Lasting power is not idyllic at all, still it's not diminishing the beauty of this heavenly papillon.

Fre.peo.jas.fig7

Yummy! The dry down is perfect but I have no issue with first app. either. However, the price is hard to swallow. One day we'll meet again LcAP.

xabaras
xabaras

Tuberose is all I can detect from beginning to end. A bit boring although tuberose can be so annoying to me that it gives me headache, and this one doesn't as it is dryer than any tuberose scent I've ever been testing. La chasse aux papillons makes me think of a big field full of flowers on a warm and sunny Spring day, close to a pond where some undetectable flower is starting to rot... Not for me.

Fre.peo.jas.fig7

A bit strong to begin but dries down to a wonderful, mellow fragrance. I haven't smelled anything like it yet.

Tovah
Tovah

Absolutely beautiful. The perfect linden orange-blossom fragrance.

jasminejzhu
jasminejzhu

Clean but a pretty and sweet floral, so well-blended on my skin that it felt as if there was only one note.

kirsty the beauty
kirsty the beauty

im not a great perfume lover but this is defently my favourite!
i smell jasmine,lime and orange it is the most beautiful scent i have ever smelt!!!

u should defently try it or your missing out!!!

MizLiz
MizLiz

La Chasse aux Papillons was the theme music that followed me throughout my early twenties: A pretty jasmine, linden, and tuberose tune. It's the perfect spring perfume. "Winsome" would be the perfect word to describe it. I went through two bottles of it. It's a little too young for me now, but I love to smell it on others.

sofiii
sofiii

La Chasse aux papillons is a great natural clean non-aggressive and a bit breezy summery tuberose perfume.
The start is clean, a bit dewy green(in a leafy plant way) tuberose scent, it’s much airier than most tuberose I’ve smelt. It feels like white, clean flower bouquet a bride might have for a summer wedding.
Soon after, it gets slightly sweeter with a little bit slight rose-y undertone. It feels warmer, feminine and reminds me a bit of well blend rose-tuberose flower luxury body cream, it’s quite velvet yet clear cut and goes to your nostril directly and evoke a somewhat modern-nostalgic déjà vu summer night feel.

Towards the final dry down, La Chasse aux papillons smells sweeter, warmer, even with a bit osmanthuns fruity sweet tart golden flower smell. Maybe because I’m Chinese and osmanthus is quite a popular flower here in the eastern part of China, somehow this perfume to me smells of autumn afternoon when it’s not too cold yet and when I walk back home from school, smelling the osmanthus from most gardens of other people’s. It’s somehow a quite weirdly refreshing experience, because I somewhat find osmanthus somewhat striking in between overly sickly sweet and sweet juicy/refreshing in an oriental way.

Stellalucente
Stellalucente

What a dreamy and delicate composition this is!
Light and refreshing, perfect in spring or summer. L'artisan parfumeur couldn't haven chosen a better name for this lovely perfume: chasing butterflies.

"La chasse aux papillons" evokes images of running around in blooming gardens, chasing butterflies and being caressed by their fragile, little wings while the aroma of blooming white flowers fills the air.

Like a butterfly this scent is beautiful, delicate, colorful but unfortunately it's also fleeting.
However, once it'll catch your attention, you'll try to keep it around you as long as you can, even if it means you have to respray every 2 hours :)

Simple but lovely!

sgiammic
sgiammic

Beautiful, simple fragrance. The epitomy of "pretty." Smells like tuberose and jasmine, connotes innocent happiness and gentle, natural beauty. The whole experience is VERY soft. It did not last long on me (less than 30 minutes) so for me it is just not worth the money. Beautiful but fleeting! Like a momentary soft breeze.

incensi
incensi

Wamdering alone to enjoy a lovely afternoon in a garden full of fascinating white flowers, birds are chirping, and infants are chasing butterflies. Simple but not superficailly adorable, it's the core value of Dolce Vita for me. Have a huge crush on it.

9154mf
9154mf

Don't know why I bothered sampling this- I don't really like white florals, and none of the other notes are really my thing either, but I guess I got caught up in the hype of this. Oh well I can put my curiosity to rest now. It's a sweet honeyed tuberose. Nice but not for me.

floriana
floriana

Very soft, tender,warm and romantic.One light tuberose lives in amazing harmony with jasmin and orange blossom.
This is "pastel" blossom, pleasant and unobtrusive, ideal solution for warmer days, full of blossom colors and ideal for those who don't like strong flowery scents.

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

The Chase of the Butterflies (beautiful name) comes in a gorgeous bottle and smells beautiful and happy!! With a toddler, my days are more informal and when I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt, I want to smell happy and gorgeous and have a fragrance that matches the informalty of that while celebrating the beauty and simplicity of a white t-shirt life. This does all that and more!!! This delivers and even brings a smile and shot of happy energy you would hope to get from a $135 bottle!!
Similiar to a lighter and fresher non-headache, non-chemically version of Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia. Beautiful. Just beautiful. One of my absolute favorites!

Passionflower
Passionflower

All I smell is jasmine. Which is fine if you love jasmine, but as a perfume it's not that exciting to me unfortunately. I would sprinkle some in my closet to make my clothes smell nice though. Hmmm, maybe it't a bit too expensive for that.

L'Artisan Parfumeur LA CHASSE AUX PAPILLONS opens big with megaphonic mostly white florals, with tuberose looming large. I initially thought that I detected violet as well, but it didn't persist and is also not listed as a note. The linden blossom has a minimal presence to my nose, so overall this hits me as a sweet tuberose perfume.

However,what starts as a pretty standard Big White Floral strangely fades in exponential proportion to the passing of time with the result that the composition has dwindled to nothing in less than two hours. I find the loud opening a bit contradictory to the fleeting nature of this fragrance, which, while a certainly pretty composition, does not hold a candle to FRACAS, an admittedly tough act to follow.

What we have here is essentially a Charybdis or Scylla situation: Those who prefer more subtle floral fragrances will be put off by the opening; those who like big bad florals will be disappointed by the half-time sillage and poor longevity of LA CHASSE AUX PAPILLONS.

Sita
Sita

Dreamy orange blossom perfume, awakens lots of happy garden memories every time I smell it. Would be spectacular on someone who tends to "warm up" perfume on their skin.
To buy this you would have to love citrus blossoms (I do!) as to some noses they have a harsh smell, and the tuberose and jasmine take a back seat in this one.
If the idea of smelling like you are standing in a grove of citrus trees in bloom sounds good to you, this perfume smells like the real deal.

guest_sakura
guest_sakura

My addiction. Soft and floral, youth without being loud.This one is all about subtlety and I love that it's a light scent from beginning to end. This scent is distinctly a jasmine parfume but a subtle one. Unlike that Juicy garbage which attempts lady-likeness by adding a generic tween version of jasmine.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

That reminds me of the gardenia plant.It's a very natural perfume for someone who doesn't like heavy stuffs!!

pansylady

On second smell, I do like this scent a bit more- It still smells like calamine lotion, but I find it oddly compelling-(can't explain!) It reminds me of L'Heure Bleue, which also gave me a negative first impression because of medicinal notes-

pansylady

Like Mals86, I got a really strange chemical vibe in the mid-tones that lasted for at least 6 hours, reminiscent of...Calamine lotion!
I'm going to give it another try tomorrow to see if it's an acquired smell...
It does have more staying power than Mimosa por Moi, which was disappointingly fleeting, as one would expect with said papillon, instead...

Lovely extremely well made floral for romantic ladies! Yes, it is summery or springtime, but it's not so "fresh" after all. Once the initial burst of freshness fades down (10 minutes at most) this scent becomes quite an intriguing and elegant pure white floral. While it is usually defined as a light and innocent scent, I find it has some sexyness. Youthful but not teeny, floral but not flat, it's somehow a "knowing" scent. It has something in common with Givenchy Organza.
Try and spray a little more if you dare! It will become a cloud of flowers with a strong lime blossom note (which is the part I like less) and very matchable with a highly feminine elegant outfit and attitude. Tuberouse, especially is very aggressive as a flower and not so demure! The lime blossoms should provide a sense of serenity. I especially love the "honey" sensation even if I'm not sure this contains any honey at all. It simply captures the smell of the corollas which are honeyed in itself during their bloom in order to attract bees and the alikes :-)
Lovely alone, I enjoy it mixed with L'Eau d'Ambre. The Extreme version is also very nice, but it's more spiced and it pushes the sunkissed warm white flowers feeling to higher tones.

Mals86
Mals86

I really, really wanted to love this one. I do generally like white florals, and the imagery of the name is just beautiful and appropriate.

I did love the opening notes, which were all juicy citrus and orange blossom - such a happy scent. An hour later, though, the lovely florals (I smelled lots of jasmine and orange blossom, with just a hint of tuberose) were fading to something that reminded me of bathroom cleaner, very chemical and harsh. This may be the linden (lime blossom), or a musk in the base. In any case, La Chasse aux Papillons was gorgeous for fifteen minutes, pretty for an hour, and wretched thereafter. I am jealous of those of you who can wear it! Lean over... yes, over here... ah, you smell wonderful... sigh.

belle de sud
belle de sud

A summer garden buzzing with bees collecting honey and bright butterflies flitting about my picnic cloth - I love La Chasse for its imagery AND the perfect capture of honeyed flowers and sunshine....Tatiana's fragrance!

chance25
chance25

I like this version more than the extreme. Extreme is very spicy and not as long lived on me. Chasse to me is all about white florals, balmy lemon, spring time in a bottle. I would think if a butterfly might wanted to be scented this is probably what he'd choose. I have a 15ml bottle and I use it sparingly for special occasions. This also reminds me of my bottle of Apothia If come to think of it.

veruska
veruska

As zoka said this is a simble and warm honeyed floral played in a really soft vibe.Tuberose and jasmine wispers in a watery and steamy orange blossom canvas.Yes it's beautiful but it lasts for 30 min and the subtle, quiet and not so happy nature and it's feather quality gone too.

coco76
coco76

this is a beautiful and soft perfume, gentle as a summer breeze. unfortunately, i kept wanting it to be something more, to have a bit more BITE. maybe a tart note? this is only my personal preference, it is still a beautiful and lovely perfume. i just kept wanting it to be something it wasn't, which really isn't fair.

Henriette
Henriette

Very lovely perfume, one of my favourite. On my skin it resembles Aprés l'Ondee by Guerlain and I adore its not being too flowery

rebella
rebella

Offcourse this fragrance make me think about summer. Actually the most perfect summerday and little children running around cherful and pretty. It is such a delicate, happy and flowery fragrance and not at all overwhelming, to sweet or to much... It is clean, a bit tangy, crisp, mild... everything one can wish for in a summerflowery fragrance.

But the memory of the perfect summerday fades, as do this perfume. It makes me smile and relax for a short while and then *poff* it is so gone... it only last about one hour or max 1½ on me and that is a big dissapointment. It is so good I want to reapply over and over again, but that make med realise it would only last very short... like the summer in Sweden I think! ;)

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Like elgab89, I think it's so much like a spring flower bouquet, it will smell like you've been rolling around in a flowerbed! Very soft and flowery. For me it provokes many memories of the Jasmine flowers on my grandmother's balcony in Italy. Although I think the main flower note is tuberose, I get way more jasmine out of it. Jasmine is my favorite smell, so I really love this stuff. A very true, clean floral for the summer.

zoka
zoka

I like it very much, flowers with a honey note, warm and sensual.

elgab89
elgab89

So soft and flowery. It smells like a spring flower bouquet. Very pretty perfume.

2007

La Chasse aux Papillons by L`Artisan Parfumeur 4.10 out of 5 based on 504 ratings and 81 user reviews

Gift Set 0.24oz
L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse Aux Papillons 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Beautyhabit.com
L'Artisan Parfumeur - La Chasse Aux Papillons Eau de Toilette - 50 ml
L'Artisan Parfumeur - La Chasse Aux Papillons Eau de Toilette - 50 ml
La Chasse Aux Papillons Perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Perfume.com
La Chasse Aux Papillons Perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse Aux Papillons 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse Aux Papillons 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse Aux Papillons Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Chasse aux Papillons by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Chasse aux Papillons by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.