Designers » L » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Mandarine L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men

Mandarine L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men
dislike

Mandarine by L Artisan Parfumeur is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivia Giacobetti. Notes: green mandarin, ginger, yellow mandarin, frangipani, red mandarin, and white cedar. It is a limited edition. Mandarine was launched in 2006.

Virginia Cedar Ginger Mandarin Orange Frangipani

Mandarine Fragrance Reviews

Paula80
Paula80

I'm not sure, but I think that "Mandarine Tout Simplement" was launched in 2006, and this "Mandarine" in 2011or 2012...

lilymorena
lilymorena

I've bought a 100ml bottle of Mandarine and a 6xml others from L Artisan. Let me tell you: Mandarine is my fave of all seven and also the weakest of them. Thanks god Mandarine costs only 52 euros.

I love Mandarine and it would be the perfect summer scent but unfortunately as other have already said it has no sillage and no longevity. I think this is indeed a problem with the L Artisan fragances, what a pity.

As I am on the citrus tour again and testing a lot of summer fragances I can say that so far Atelier Cologne wins in longevity and sillage. So goodbye lovely Arancia di Capri and welcome Mandarine Glace.

bibibling
bibibling

IT'S BACK!!! I see it on sale at Beauty Habit and Lucky Scent now as well as the L'Artisan website!!

Speaking of the last batch, scentwise, it does compare to Orange Sanguine from Atelier (Which is on my ultimate Top-10, "bury it with me when I die" list) but it's more sweet-floral and mandarinny and... okay, I'll just say it, the longevity was bad. It felt like it would disappear faster than a spritz of 4711! Hopefully they have reformulated that aspect of it. It was the main reason I converted to Orange Sanguine.

Wow... You know you have perfume issues when finding out one of your favorite discontinued perfumes making a comeback makes you squeal like a 12-year-old girl at a Justin Bieber concert...

lilalina
lilalina

This is a beautiful citrusy scent, i love the wood in this, it reminds me of the perfume's from Diptyque.. The 'green' kind of scent.. Dry down smells like one of these orangy ice cream, tangy and creamy..

Lana148
Lana148

Oh, it starts as such a heavenly, delicate, pleasant smell, of realistic mandarin, frangipani, tiny ginger notes - perfection!

Just as I though, I found my perfect mandarin fragrance, it started to disappear on me. All I was lets with - a very(!) faint trail of my lovely mandarin and cedar smell. A heart break! Yes, then I read the reviews, hoping my decant was bad, but seems, that haw this fragrance behaves. Very short lived. Sad.

muzzbait
muzzbait

heavenly scent; mandarin and frangipani (quite believable frangi, too!), but sillage is minimal. FB worthy, i would say, if they improved the projection. such a pity...

AZJeff
AZJeff

When I first sprayed this on my skin,it smells terrible. It reminds me of something similar to turpentine,or acetone. After it dries down,it has a very light smell of mandarine. Very poor in sillage and longevity on my skin. The scent isn't too bad after a long dry down period on me,but I like a few other citrus fragrances better than this one.

nersi
nersi

Great scent but weak concentration is deeply disappointing.

Angi1
Angi1

I'd like it to stick like Bond's Little Italy...I just love Mandarine, and this one smells like the real thing, but, yeah, it vanishes inbetween an hour :(

polka
polka

This is the real thing. I mean real mandarine. In the opening you get the blast of fresh mandarine juice, made of very specific sort of these fruits; the ones of oblate shape; they're more bitter than the round ones most of us know so well.

Nothing but freshly squeezed juice. No sugar added.

This is how I would like it to last and last. Unfortunately, the adorable opening notes are soon joined by woody tones, which I otherwise like, but consider redundant in this composition. There are so many great woody scents out there and so few really fine citrusy ones (especially mandarine), that I could easily do without those cedar chips here.

On the other hand, I would be ready to accept the woody notes, if only the scent itself lasted longer. The lasting power (or the shortage of it) is a serious drawback of this fragrance. Not to mention the sillage; less than poor. You'd have to bathe in Mandarine to make it detectable to others. It would be a very nice bath, however.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

My new favorite citrus scent!Not sharp, or chemical
industrial cleaner smelling,just a burst of freshly
cut mandarine.I can taste the juice as it wafts through
the air,a hint of sweet,mouthwatering orange,like sunshine and liquid dreams!The frangipani gives this
a smooth creamy afterthought,ginger,crispness,cedar,
some slight woodsy character. I have always loved,Blu
Mediterraneo-Arancia,from Acqua Di Parma,and Atelier
Cologne-Orange Sanguine,but they may have to move over
for a new contender!

daniela3
daniela3

My review is adding practically nothing to the previous nice ones, just to confirm their same impressions! Anyway, this is my first time that I have fallen in love with a citrus fragrance; usually, I cannot easily stand the acid after taste that the majority leaves behind them. Although I like these notes, I like having them in a potpourri or else rather than wearing on me.... but, in this case, the roundness of this fragrance resembling the sweetness of the fruit itself quite realistically has been really appealing! I've found it so elegant and well balanced, with hint of flowers: frangipani - as declared - but also a touch of Neroli - unless I'm completed out.... Lovely, undeniable.

Unfortunately, after a couple of hours, its total lack of longevity (on my skin but on my clothes too, that is more serious) has put an end to the idyll! : (

rosarossa
rosarossa

This is my second review: very good scent but when it is very hot it vanishes in one hour :-(
2/8/12

This mandarine scent for me is perfect: round, soft and sweet not acid like the tipical citrus perfume, my only problem is the longevity: after 2 hours it's gone!

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

Mandarine is a lovely, not sharp, warm citrus fragrance. It has the playful sweetness of mandarine but nicely balanced with flowers and the ginger gives it a hint of sparkle. It evokes the atmosphere of the Mediterranean, a walk in a citrus orchard and picking fragrant, ripe fruits on a lazy sunny afternoon.

I don`t always like citrus scents because they tend to become overly zesty and sharp or too masculine to my nose, but this little number is very round, so well blended and really close to the smell of an actual mandarine. Very sophisticated and to me it`s a little bit on the feminine side even though it`s said to be unisex.

My problem is the longevity which is a total disaster, even sprayed on clothes maybe half an hour so I don`t know what`s going on with this fragrance. I do realize that it comes in an EDT concentration and it`s meant to be a fresh summer scent but I mean, come on... That`s not what I buy niche for, it should be marketed as a cologne or body splash instead.

I bought Mandarine when it was on sale due to the fact that I`m a total L`Artisan freak and a sucker for limited editions but I doubt I would be stocking up on this one.

Overall, a beautifully done, unique, very wearable citrus scent spoiled by minimal longevity and sillage, what a shame.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Mandarine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Mandarine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mandarine by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mandarine by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.