Designers » L » Floral Green « Groups

Mimosa Pour Moi L`Artisan Parfumeur for women
dislike

yellow floral
ozonic

Mimosa Pour Moi by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Mimosa Pour Moi was launched in 1992. The nose behind this fragrance is Anne Flipo. The fragrance features violet leaf, mimosa, vanilla and cassis.

Violet Leaf Mimosa Vanilla Cassis

Green Tea Cucumber

Mimosa Pour Moi Fragrance Reviews

Sherri81
Sherri81

When I smelled this in the bottle, I was quite excited. It smelled quite lovely and juicy. On my skin is a whole different storey. It starts out smelling like peaches and black licorice. Within an hour it just smells like black licorice. Sillage is poor, as is longevity. I found myself reapplying after a couple of hours.

This one just isn't for me.

Zetamamman
Zetamamman

Love the opening with very natural mimosa! The drydown is very strong green tea (Arden style) on me, with a hint of mimosa that then fades out.

Edit 5/3/16
Only pretty sharp green tea left after less than an hour. It balanced the sweetness of the mimosa perfectly in the opening, but is a bit harsh by itself.
Well, at least it's the first scent I enjoy the top notes of...

teri37
teri37

At first I was not sure what to think, but after a couple of sniffs I think I like it☺

dkny27
dkny27

There is something about this scent on my skin that immediately smells like a sweetly scented plastic doll, it remains too synthetic.
It also stays very linear, the notes start as a sweet group and remain so without developing themselves.
I enjoy L'Artisan, but this one is not a like or love.

polly golightly
polly golightly

minimale, essenziale, straordinaria mimosa. anche se nella piramide olfattiva compaiono anche foglie di violetta, cassis e vaniglia, l'effetto finale è un bouquet eccezionalmente primaverile e fresco, incentrato sulla mimosa, a cui le altre note, pochissimo invadenti, forniscono un sottofondo gentile. potrebbe sembrare monocorde, dato che non evolve verso il solito fondo muschiato o ambrato, ma invece la sua bellezza consiste proprio nella semplicità quasi innocente. è un profumo verde, ma non troppo, dolce, ma non troppo, tropicale, ma non troppo: assolutamente bilanciato nella sua resa olfattiva. mimosa tout court. meraviglioso.

suzrwin
suzrwin

Sweet-sour sunny mimosa. A bright, uncomplicated summer splash.

ngreeny
ngreeny

It opens with a light, airy, mimosa and violet leaf; then the vanilla shows up, but still very delicate. Sillage is low, longevity moderate; overall not my cup of tea - I see it as another nice, light floral.

Lana148
Lana148

Very realistic mimosa fragrance.

This is lovely! Very delicate, just like a gentle breeze. Mimosa scent is mixed with violet and cassis leaf, not too sweet, not too concentrated.

The best mimosa fragrance I've even encountered.

[email protected]
LMaypub@yahoo.com

Identical scent to my blooming barberry shrub in spring, and unfortunately just as ephemeral. So delicate that it is frustrating in its evasiveness.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Green especially at first although it calms down in a few minutes. Slightly sweet mimose mixed with powdery violet leaves and just a touch of warmth and sweetness from the vanilla. Very green interpretation of mimose, I wish it lasted longer however. Not great on longevity for so expensive a scent.

mona84
mona84

Not a fan of green scents (I have a rather uncultured nose) but am planning on getting this as it was mentioned in one of my favourite Inspector Morse novels....

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

The violet leaf is very dominant for me in this one. Without looking up the notes I would have said this was a Violet Leaf soliflore. The mimosa sweetens it up a bit and gives it a bit more of a care free and feminine feel. I don't get much of the vanilla or cassis. This scent is pretty linear as well, it could be because it doesn't really have time to evolve on your skin. It's totally gone in about two hours and is basically a skin scent from start to finish too.

That being said, I often reach for my sample of this when I need to lift my mood. I find it comforting and it makes me feel girly and safe. The major drawback is the cost. Reapplying every two hours means you'll burn up your $100 or so dollar bottle pretty fast.

lisa o
lisa o

for me, there are two ways to handle mimosa which is easily overpowered by anything else: either enhance the yellowish vanillic softness via vanilla, heliotropin, iris etc, or go for the green aspect via cucumber, violet, wood, moss etc....
mimosa pour moi conserves very well the initial fluffy burst of the smell and then goes for the latter.

on the one side I don't know any mimosa-scent that is as close to this yellowish cloudy vanillic cucumber smell of the flower than this one (a pity that nicolai had to ban Mimosaique of her line because of the regulations).

but on the other side, as soon as the gorgeous top notes fade I find it too iso-e-super driven ("grindingly" sour!), too brash and therefore not very admirable..also the small woody violet in the end can't save it from a disappointing development. unpleasant in the end...

maeverohan
maeverohan

Love this light, sweet but not sickly, warm scent. It doesn't invade the room and is light enough to reapply during the day. Perfect day wear scent for me. It's lighter than some clothes conditioners but you still know you are wearing it. Doesn't last too long.

christianne1
christianne1

L'Artisan does some of the most natural smelling and realistic floral and green fragrances out there. None of that fake flower thing going on at the House of L'Artisan. If you like Mimosa, then there should be no surprises in this for you, only delight.

I have worn this off and on for years and I never tire of it. For me it is not too sweet at all, as the sweetness is so expertly balanced with the green. It just smells springy, fresh and feminine without being too girly or too painfully floral.

The vanilla is very low key, another thing L'Artisan usually gets right. Quality vanilla and in the right amounts so that it is a compliment and not a distraction. My nose pretty much only smells Mimosa and leaf..but it is clearly softened by the vanilla, even if I do not directly think "vanilla".

I have no longevity issues with L'Artisan. I have naturally oily skin so maybe that is why. I actually get better longevity from them than I do some of the others that are raved about for their length of staying power. I guess everyone's chemistry is different but I generally do not get more than 3-4 hours from most fragrances. Unless it is the popular department store designer fragrances that seem to cling on for dear life screaming and reminding everyone to smell them and buy them.

Mimosa pour Moi is a beautiful, uncomplicated, quality fragrance that doesn't smell like anything else. For me it is a winner.

Edit: I payed closer attention to how long this lasts this time. I sprayed it on 8-1/2 hours ago and it is still going strong. I guess I am lucky in that L'Artisan has great staying power on me. It always surprises me that others have issues in this area.

fellini
fellini

Natural mimosa!!!

I rather feel violet leaves than a mimosa note in this fragrance. If I liked mimosa, especially fresh, I would choose nicely soapy Summer by Kenzo. Dissapointment.

AveParfum
AveParfum

My signature scent for a couple of years in college was Mimosa by Christiane Celle. I expected this to smell similar, so I didn't bother sampling it until very recently. I was astounded at the difference. Celle's Mimosa is quite sweet compared to L'Artisan, which has a tart quality. It's very blurry, but L'Artisan's Mimosa reminds me of the taste of a tangy hard candy I ate when I was little; a candy that is likely no longer manufactured or I'd remember it easier.

I think it's the cassis leaf that makes it seem extremely green and juicy fresh. Violet leaf is very obvious to me as well and reminds me of Balenciaga's L'Essence. I love the hint of vanilla in the base, while Celle's Mimosa is strictly floral--no vanilla whatsoever. Now that I am "over" my former signature scent, I will eagerly convert to L'Artisan's version of Mimosa. It's fresh, yellow, and inviting of spring.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR EAU D'AZUR... this might be just as good and easier to find!

This is exactly what I expected it to be, but even more original. I agree with someone else who said that this is slightly more sweet/vanilla than real mimosa, but very realistic. I was afraid that the violet leaves would make this way too ozonic for my taste, but it is very well balanced here. I find the vanilla a little too strong in the mid-notes, but I am hoping it will fade away with the drydown.

I am getting some kind of a 90s vibe from this perfume... I have to say, it is quite strong on me and I usually have trouble getting projection with any perfume.

This is not the kind of perfume that will appeal to everyone. You really have to be looking for a yellow floral and you HAVE to love cassis leaves... it is really present here (think l'Ombre dans l'Eau... almost). I cannot wait to get the cedarwood drydown that people are talking about!!

tourmali45
tourmali45

Heavenly naturalistic smell of mimosa from the boxed bottle. When just sprayed – pencil shavings and no mimosa. Very delicate and non-sweet vanilla – just perfect for me, for always all vanillas are too syrupy sweet for my liking. Then it’s time for wonderfully green and fragrant black currant leaf combined with slightly bitter taste of violet leaves. At this point I start getting mimosa with a hint of acacia honey at last. Both mimosa and honey are very gentle, etherial almost. I imagine myself under a mimosa tree on an early morning, when the breeze from the sea gently wafts the scent of flowers into my face. Spring bliss, which works perfectly for me when it’s -18 outside.
I can say that I’m super impressed with masterful rendition of all the notes in a perfume pyramid, this perfume is a very high quality art in a perfume world, and oh my! I'm ever so glad that I have it!

pom
pom

Smell like sunny light bright yellow real mimosa blossom. the problem is it only stay with you a few hours. One of the best mimosa anyway.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I must say this really does smell like mimosa, which is a delicate fragrance, difficult to replicate. The scent in general is soft and light but has some staying power. I tried it on one arm and Dzongha on the other. Surprisingly the structure of these 2 remind me of each other. Dzongha is reminiscent of the rather harsh opening of Je Reviens and Mimosa is more like the soft drydown of Je Reviens, which I love in the vintage version. This is probably too sweet a fragrance for me to buy a whole bottle, but I am definitely enjoying my decant and I think it is well done.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

Best Mimosa on the Market!

fanny
fanny

To all Yellow Flower Seeking Birds and Friends and Relations:

Mimosa pour Moi is for me, it is !!
I have found a light version of Datura Noir, a small miracle.
Quel beauty and what scenery it represents:
I find myself in the Alpes Maritimes, near the Côte d'Azur and it is springtime. Early morning is still very cold. When lunch hour approaches the sun starts to burn, yet everything is fresh and blooming.

Happy, happy times.

Yamba1
Yamba1

Mimosa, (or wattyl as it is known in Australia) surely must be the hardest scent to replicate in perfume form. In nature, it is sweet and powdery, and has an ethereal quality that gives balance, depth and softness.
Mimosa Pour Moi captures the essence of mimosa, yet like many other mimosa perfumes tends to overemphasize the sweetness, rendering it to my nose, too sickly and dense. For those people not familiar with mimosa in it's natural form, I would suspect this would pass as a very pretty floral with good longevity 6hrs+.
Strangely, I embrace artistic interpretation of most flowers -such as rose, jasmine and gardenia, but for some reason, when it comes to my beloved wattyl, I am a purest.
Thanks Scorpiosheep for the sample!

Gabi310
Gabi310

<3 ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, one of Anne Flipo's best work! Starts fresh and green due to the violet leaves then transforms into a creamy, soft and sweet yellow beauty. Wearing it feels like I'm covered in liquid sunshine. It's velvety and caressing like the first warm rays of the spring sun. Makes me feel loved and happy. Uncomplicated and as true to nature as it can be. Definitely my favourite fragrance. Hands down the best mimosa creation out there! Men are captivated by its innocence :-) <3

Cereza
Cereza

It opens with the most greenest notes I have ever encountered in perfumes. The greeness is even a tiny bit disturbing.
The green part fades out really fast and the mimosa hits in, the perfume becomes almost sickly sweet. The sweetness is honey and candy like, it's almost hard to wear it on my wrist as it smells too edbile, oh, not edible, but like something you put in your tee to make it sweeter.
I must say that even if I can appreciate the perfume it is wee bit too sweet for me to ever wear.

michali
michali

My first impression was -Oscar de
Larenta,but more natural.
On me it smells like a high quality Honeyed marzipan
, not to sweet, sensual ,I like it only in a certain mood.

Anne Flipo comes through again with another beautiful creation, L'Artisan Parfumeur MIMOSA POUR MOI, a floriental with a slightly woody, resinous drydown and much more of a yellow than a green cast.

To say that MIMOSA POUR MOI "features" mimosa, black currant and violet leaf is not to say that these are the only three notes--and they're clearly not! No perfume is a three-component wonder, and many contain dozens or even hundreds of distinct compounds. Therefore, I reject the suggestion that people have no right to complain about sillage and longevity because MPM supposedly lacks basenotes. Hello? Can you say "cedar"? I also do believe that there is a touch of unsweetened coconut--or reasonable facsimile--here as well, which would support and sustain all sorts of more ephemeral notes...

Anyway, such quibbles aside, I am delighted to report that, on my skin, MIMOSA POUR MOI has medium longevity and sillage (better than my usual experience with this house...), in addition to smelling gorgeous. This is a compelling presentation of a subtle yet clearly identifiable mimosa note. Not too tropical; not too sweet. The proportions are just right.

midsummer
midsummer

This scent is fruity, cheery and BRIEF. I could barely smell it seconds after I sprayed it. I appreciate that the good stuff doesn't stick around for long - but I'd rather get SOME drydown off of it. . .

jae
jae

I actually like this alot. As for the issues with sillage and longevity: DUH, there's no real basenotes in it... Solution: spray liberally and enjoy it. Ahh, I've finally found a "yellow" fragrance.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Awww I am disapointed AGAIN by L'Artisan!
Not that this is smelling bad, no, but LONGEVITY AND SILLAGE are VERY weak...AGAIN, like most of L'Artisan eau de toilettes. Nice subtle flower (mimosa) scent, but too weak to buy a 140$ bottle!

inthemisosoup
inthemisosoup

Mimosa Pour Moi is incredible sickly syrupy sweet on me. It's comparable to the way Laffy Taffy tastes--or just imagine yourself inside a gigantic candy store with the walls closing in on you. I know mimosa is a sweet smelling flower, but on my skin this is just too much. It must be skin chemistry because Guerlain's Champs-Elysees (another mimosa-centric perfume) is one of my favorites. It smells much more sophisticated than this, though. I gave my MPM sample to my mom and it smells a lot better on her, so I suppose it doesn't work for me. Oh, well, there are other L'Aristans, no??

pansylady
pansylady

Honey-sweet, but very little staying-power- disappointing in that regard

verity
verity

Absolutely beautiful fragrance when in the mood for a sunshine burst of floral, enveloped in nectar. No vanilla or gourmand, but if bees are drawn to honey, so am I to this heavenly sweet Mimosa. Makes me think of yellow sun drenched summer days, padding around in bare feet and hippy dresses. So pretty I want to put butterfly clips in my hair and pink rouge on my cheeks. Fresh, youthful and ultra feminine and very true to its flower.

Oxygene
Oxygene

Mimosa pour Moi: exciting harmony of the sunshine, the warm summer and the bright yellow mimosas. The fresh, green fragrance touch your skin gently . Try it and you will love it!

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

A delicate, light, bright, and feminine floral, with the main note being the Mimosa flower, which you can tell from the name. It's so fresh and innocent, makes me think of a little girl in her sundress running through a garden picking flowers. It has the sweetness of a fresh flower, it's like sunlight. It makes me smile, even though it's not a fragrance I would wear (too "good girl" and light for me) Great cedarwood dry down. Very nice summer fragrance!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Mimosa Pour Moi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Mimosa Pour Moi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mimosa Pour Moi by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mimosa Pour Moi by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.