Designers » L » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Noir Exquis L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men

Noir Exquis L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men
dislike

coffee

Noir Exquis by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Noir Exquis was launched in 2015. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour. Top notes are chestnut and orange; middle notes are orange blossom, coffee and maple sap; base notes are ebony, heliotrope, vanilla, tonka bean and sandalwood.

Chestnut Orange

Orange Blossom Coffee Maple sap

Ebony Heliotrope Vanilla Tonka Bean Sandalwood

The Library Collection Opus VII
Vanille Noire
I Love New York for All

Noir Exquis Fragrance Reviews

ArianeArborene'sNose

I really like this scent. I had been looking for a scent with tonka bean, coffee and tobacco. I decided to try this even though it did not include tobacco, and it had enough tonka bean and coffee and vanilla to emit an extremely pleasant aurora of scent for the first half of the day. I could still smell it on my skin at end of day if I put my nose to my skin, but the important thing is that while it doesn't project much, I was still aware it was in the air slightly. It's a bit more delicate than I would want, but for what it is, it is gorgeous and subtle. A very nice example of this kind of scent.

Mona-Jo
Mona-Jo

First off it smelled like NYFA. But so much smoother and better quality ingredients. This only lasted a few minutes. Then it started to smell like MOAT. A smokey Myrrhe smell. Love it.

gedlive
gedlive

Update: Wow, this is good. I was wearing Acqua de Parma Mandorlo de Sicili. It's a nice fragrance, but I was getting tired of the sweetness. As it wore off I sprayed on Noir Exquis, and in comparison to what I was wearing it smelled so green, crisp and natural. Like my favorite L' Artisan fragrances, natural, crisp, distinct, beutifull. To name a few that have these qualities, Caligna, Vetiver Sacre, Timbuktu, Jatamansi.
I think it may have a stronger Tonka note than the pyramid would suggest. Tonka has the smell of mown hay or bitter sweet almonds, I think I get that, making an accord with chesnuts, honey, and vanela, yum.
It was hard to pick up the chesnut and coffee notes at first because I see now how Duchaufour is a master at making accords. The chesnut blends with the Tonka, and you get a nutty wet hay vib that is somewhat crisp and green.

I blind bought this for a great price, so I'm happy with it, though it's not what I expected. I don't get to much chestnut, I don't get any coffee. It's a nice ,rich, warm, woody fragrance, it smells Oriental or balsamic, though none listed. I get some sweetness, vanela, maple, woods, and a bit of floral brightness, maybe the heliotrope, which smells like marzipan and cherry pie.
The ebony and sandalwood take it away from the gourmand, yet they blend so well, with the delicious nutty and gourmand notes.

I have tried looking for a fragrance that smells like walking into Starbucks and smelling freshly ground coffee, I think its impossible . What B Duchaufour may have masterfully done here, is to mimic the pungent aromatic smell of coffee.

It is a cozy, cold weather scent, but if your looking for coffee and chesnuts, try before purchasing. It smells great and I think it would be a safe blind buy. Waiting for the prices to go down so I can get a bigger bottle.

PS: This is a lot like Amouage Opus VII.

God bless. John 3:16.

K1
K1

Noir Exquis is an intense woody, bitter, sweet, strong powdery and warm and frosty but not dusty. The fragrance opens with pungent coffee and strong nutty aura. The art of Duchaufour is twisting familiar materials in a way to give the same impression but not necessarily the exact smell. The result of such talent is perplexing compositions like this one.

Noir Exquis in middle phase presents less pungent and more skin-friendly woody aroma but it's still strange and gourmand. Ebony with unwoody and stingy aroma, vanilla, and syrupy nutty smell, and fougère accord all ally to sing in a misleading atmosphere that dangles between oriental fougère, oriental woody and oriental vanilla.

Noir Exquis is one of the safest and at the same time weirdest perfumes I've come across this last months. It's sweet, woody, powdery, warm, wintery, significant, humorous and social, and quite lovesome. It has very good skin longevity and very potent sillage in first hours.
★★★★ because of hideous smoky vapor

mhobba
mhobba

The perfect gourmand fragrance for anyone who would rather not smell of crème brûlée or chocolate pudding. Ebony and sandal woods, toasted chestnuts, almondy heliotrope and bitter coffee dominate, but it's the subtle sweetness of maple, vanilla and orange blossom that give this scent life.

The fragrance lasts an exceptionally long time on skin compared to other L'Artisan fragrances I've tried and owned, and projects ideally for wear in the Australian autumn. I feel this is could be comfortably be worn by any gender. Lovers of nutty scents will certainly appreciate.

drlaurel
drlaurel

This has some similarities to onde sensualle in the opening, I might even like this better, though I love the former. They are similar here and the smoke that permeates it. Something I cna't put a finger on but I am intrigued by it. I love the opening warm and unsweet gourmandy vibe and you can get nuts and heliotrope. The projection is excellent as is longevity as I was still catching whiffs of my wrist the next morning, which were beautiful. By that time it had lost a brief but strange moment in the dry down where the smoke turned into a note u can only describe as burning tire, it has to be the coffee note everybody else gets. I will try again because it is a beauty minus this fleeting moment of what? On the clothes this is completely absent. Will also try on the hubby to see if it's just me.

shushkin
shushkin

Its a nice fragrance. Predominantly nutty and woody. It has sweetness like Bond I love New York for All but it has the ebony note which sends it in another direction. I get lots of sweet chestnut, ebony, tonka and vanilla. There is a similarity with Armani Myrhh on the dry down. Its definitely a unisex fragrance. Low sillage and good longevity

pchmad
pchmad

sweet??? wram spicy??? vanilla????? were are they????? I just smell wood and nuts and... Nop... NOT FOR ME AT ALL, so strong!! I won't say it is gourmande.... and neather for women...Is very masculine in my opinion...and I don't even like it for my boyfriend

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

This is one of the longer lasting L'Artisan scents that I have come across after sampling tons. This and Ambre Extreme are the 2 best as far as longevity. Noir Exquis easily lasts 6-8 hours with moderate sillage. Not a true gourmand but somewhat of a light or mild gourmand such as Aomassai. No they don't smell the same but would be in the same category. I also find it a bit dry and dark maybe due to the ebony wood overpowering the sandalwood in the dry down? If you are looking for an everyday gourmand scent for the colder temps then this is worthy.

nero77
nero77

Vanilla & Chestnut...

I think this is a fragrance which will appeal to a broad range of people. That's because it's not really gourmand enough to turn people away, and it has just enough gourmand notes in it to attract people.

I say this because the way Bertrand Duchaufour has used the ingredients, they don't feel overwhelming or sweet in any way. In fact it's quite subtle. I get a mix of tonka bean, heliotrope and vanilla, then the sandalwood and ebony wood. So it's a mix of vanilla and woods basically, which isn't particularly original, but I do get the chestnut note, which I think is.

I love the smell of chestnut as it reminds me of Christmas time, and this fragrance brings that back for me. It reminds me of food, so I guess you could call it a gourmand, but at the same time it has enough woodiness that it's very tame and versatile. A fragrance for both formal and casual wear. I really enjoy this one, and once again I am impressed with yet another brilliant creation from this house and perfumer. Quite good in my opinion.

Jrmcquill
Jrmcquill

This appears to be another in the long line of spicy/woodsy masculine gourmands. Nothing wrong, or out of place here, just nothing new brought to the table. One unique quality is it’s persistent sharpness. Not at all piercing or unavoidable, but there nonetheless, and I find this appealing. Thumb neutral on this one.

LeonieB
LeonieB

The definition of "gourmand" - a perfume for when what you really want is pudding! A creme brûlée, or noisette praline or chocolate orange cream, indulgent and rich - something for the colder months (avoid in the summer unless you want to smell like melted ice-cream). It's cosy, comforting and warm, but has an edge.

All the slightly bitter or vegetal notes listed are evident - but I don't really get the coffee! My anosmic daughter does however, how weird. The use of orange reminds me of Theorema by Fendi, and the vanilla is straight out of Annick Goutal Vanille Exquise. The nuttiness I can't account for, wish I could, and the sandalwood is straightforward and unchallenging. No smoke, spice, skank or oud.

I find it altogether much more accessible than the other L'Artisan scents, but that's just me. Also, the projection and sticking power are better than usual - so make sure you like it!

miletas89
miletas89

Very pleasant, non-offensive vanillaic fragrance with a hint of green sharpness. Although it does not smell particularly like chestnuts to me, you get a sense of the texture of a roasted chestnut: warm and a very chestnut-like softness. Not very "noir." In the daytime if sprayed sparingly, can be taken for a light and green daytime scent.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I got a sample of this as part of a 'buy 5 get 5 free' promotion. The 5 free samples were chosen by the company, an oriental vanilla fragrance would be the last thing I'd pick for myself. But even though I hate vanilla (and almost all of the other notes in this) I still have to give it a like because it's well done. It's worth a try for anyone who likes this type of fragrance. The longevity is amazing on me, I'm still getting strong whiffs of it 9 hours and one shower later. I wish I could say that for the L'Artisan fragrances that I do love!

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

I like this juice a lot. I blind bought it hoping it would be something amazing. Judging by the notes and perfumer this was bound to be good. Boy was I right. This is quite linear on me. I get the roasted chestnuts vibe totally. It's a little smoky but nothing too offensive. It's something that you can wear dresses up or down. A gourmand that is kinda out of the box but looking in. I haven't really smelled anything like it before. Great longevity with moderate projection. If you are looking for a gourmand that isn't too sweet then I think this might be the fragrance for you.

Allen-at-home
Allen-at-home

weaselize: You said:
This one ended my curiousity and further exploration to the l'artisan line.

Well, MY curiosity with the L'Artisan line ended with Dzongkha. Glad to see I'm not alone in my disappointment with L'Artisan.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Another Gourmand using attractive and really pleasurable notes - with the ubiquitous Orange top.

Burnt dessert vibes mixed with sweet vanilla. Not honeyed, spicy sweetness, simple vanillic sweetness here.

But the use of the topnotes is simply boring and there's no escaping the fact orange note is distinctive and associations with a million other scents, especially the orange-gourmands will be made.

Why not use something different, like apricot or peaches?

My rating: 4/10.
Quality: 8/10.

weaselize
weaselize

This one ended my curiousity and further exploration to the l'artisan line.
Once again a boring fragrance, very boring.
This is a subtle nutty/vanilla/honey/ coffee drink. It has this touch of plasticine smell which i dislike in a fragrance. Longevity ok, projection weak.
I don,t find anything "artisinal" to this. Nothing unique, nothing special. Just boring.
Once they made special scents in their beginning during the 80s maybe 90s but now it,s like they keep copying and tweaking former scents of their lineup and call it a new release. I will get one bottle though from the men,s line Fou d'absinthe.
This one, i would not call it "magnificent black" but rather "just grey/brown". not really worth the effort

Steleale
Steleale

I am a gourmand lover, but this one made me disappointed because it isn' t what I'm expecting.

tinyhedgehog
tinyhedgehog

On me this smells like roasted bananas, rum and vanilla, layered over warm wood. In other words, it's definitely a gourmand, but it's not cloying - it's warm and comforting, perfect for fall and winter. I wasn't expecting to like it, since this is not really the type of perfume I usually wear, but I loved it. I find myself fascinated by the way it evolves, every stage of the process smells absolutely wonderful on me. The dry-down is slightly smoky, warm and sweet, with a hint of spice. A lovely, cosy-yet-flattering sweater of a perfume.

I would rate the projection as weak-to-moderate, but that doesn't mean much as for some reasons most perfumes sit very close to the skin on me. Excellent longevity though.

lilalina
lilalina

Starts very synthetic, alot of Super Iso E and sandalwood, strong and masculine. It softens out a bit and gets more "gourmand" after a while, still I'm very disappointed. Not at all what I expected from L'Artisan.

damfino
damfino

This perfume literally left me in awe.
It starts with a wonderful bouquet of chestnut, coffee, maple sap, vanilla, orange.. This was the first fragrance (I'm still an amateur) where I could pick a coffee note. Unfortunately this firework of notes does not last long, 10-15min. Then it turns into sweet and thick layer of.. I would call it coconut. Cheap, overused smell of coconut. Most likely it's maple/vanilla/sandalwood mix? Eventually it fades into less offensive vanilla with a light and refreshing hint of florals.
In the morning (I applied the perfume late evening) I could not recognize the smell - it was sharp and pretty, masculine aroma. Sandalwood/ebony with some heliotrope?
I'm not sure I like the *coconut* part but overall the quality, sillage and longevity is great. The projection is an interesting ride for a perfume lover, it doesn't get boring.

This is a quite a unique winter scent!!! Kind of like a roasted chestnuts vibe.
The notes are delightful, bright, sweet, the heliotrope is very present, the heart of the scent is where I have a bit of trouble, the maple mixed with coffee gives it a bit of a weird edge, but then it opens up, gets a bit more smoky in the drydown...it lingers nicely on the skin, with an aura of sweet and woodsy undertone..very high quality perfume,the ingredients are all so strong and authentic...It isn't what I usually like to wear, it has a foody vibe too, I will revisit in winter, for now, I find it too unisex for my taste .. A bit out of my league, but interesting .
The base smells very much like Dior addict, but the top notes have that foody undertone..

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Noir Exquis by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Noir Exquis by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.