Designers » L » « Groups

Nuit de Tubereuse L`Artisan Parfumeur for women
dislike

tuberose
Nuit de Tubereuse L`Artisan Parfumeur for women Pictures

Nuit de Tubereuse by L Artisan Parfumeur is a fragrance for women. Nuit de Tubereuse is a new fragrance and it was introduced in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour. The fragrance features cardamom, clove, pink pepper, black pepper, citrus, green mango, angelica, tuberose, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, rose, broom, musks, vanilla, sandalwood, palisander, benzoin, styrax. It comes in 50ml and 100ml edp bottles.

Pink Pepper Cloves Mandarin Orange

Tuberose Rose Ylang-Ylang Mango

Precious Woods Musk resins Angelica

Perfectly Marvelous
Pichola

Nuit de Tubereuse Fragrance Reviews

Missh1
Missh1

I like to imagine what famous historical characters would wear in the XXIth century! And Nuit de Tuberouse makes me think of Marie Antoinette. Perhaps the Marie Antoinette portrayed by Kirsten Dunst?! The queen adored this flower.
This is not a Tuberose cliché... This is tart, then peppery and of course flowery.
The tuberose note is so real that once my hairdresser said to me: last week I had flowers in my counter that smelled like you! When I asked how the flowers looked, she described the beautiful lushness of tuberoses...
Silage and longevity are great!
The SA of L'artisan also told me Catherine Denueve wears this fragrance... This bitty information could be inspiring for some.

(I own the pink labeled bottle)

noblenose
noblenose

en femini doft, def inget för en man. Pudrig/träig tydliga inslag av mysk och mandain, vita och gula torra el. torkade blommor. Diskret, söt, oskyldig.

CoconutCoffee
CoconutCoffee

I read the other reviews and saw all the negative comments and was surprised. I wonder if they are reviewing a product made under license? The product I am reviewing was made and bought and first worn in France.

It is delightful - a charming balance of flowers and spices which manages to be both warm and sparkling, very like sitting in a town garden, on a balmy night, amongst fairy lights, drinking wine with friends.

I say town garden not country garden because the flowers seem 'florist' rather than 'native'. Not sure if these 'shop-bought flowers' are 'tuberose'. I just get a vaguely flowery bouquet (summer blooms like roses, orange blossom, freesias).

The 'spices' combine fuzzy cinnamon and cumin notes with spiky pepper and bitter licorice. To be honest, I enjoy the spices more than the flowers but the flowers are helpful because they bring out the complexities in the spices.

Akashia
Akashia

Initially I hated it!! It smelt too much like incense at Buddhist temples, which I hate....

On top of that, it was making me nauseous. Out of two tries on my wrist, I actually puked one time.

So, I said... 'that's it. will put on a flea market for sale' and put it back in the box after taking pictures, etc.

Oddly, last night, i suddenly smelt this perfume in my room, which was not at all unpleasant.

Very bizarre since the perfume has been in the box for the past week or so.

I don't know what drew me to taking the perfume out of the box and spray over my bed (definitely not on my skin!).

Boy!!!!!! A breeze of fresh, refreshing, woody scent with a hint of orange? rose? just swept across my senses.

Wow!?!?! What happened? What happened to the incense?

My guess is that the trick was "resting" the perfume after the delivery. I bought it online and it was an overseas purchase. I guess the flight and the pressure changes, box being tossed around during the delivery got this little fella rather ugly.

Now, calmed down peacefully for a week, Nuit de Tubereuse gives wonderful, very pleasant woody aroma and surprisingly refreshing tone.

4 hours down, I can still detect it since I sprayed on my clothes instead of my skin. Amber and cedar scents are strongly present.

Very unusual and surprising scent.

jlfears
jlfears

The bottle is absolutely beautiful. I had high hopes!

This is one of the strongest *sheer* scents I've ever encountered.

While I love most of the notes listed, something about this makes me nauseated ~ and I get very few of the notes.

Breakdown:

cardamom and clove: 2 of my favorite notes, and I don't remember even a pinch of either (will retest in warm weather!)

pink pepper and black pepper: yes, unfortunately

citrus: nope

green mango: nope

angelica: nope

tuberose: NOPE, and this is odd, right? this isn't a note you just "don't catch" ~ tuberose is a doozie!

orange blossom, ylang-ylang: nope, but will retest in warmer weather

rose, broom, musks: yes to the last two, and probably to the rose only because this combo could read potpourri...and I can see that...

vanilla: nope

sandalwood: nope

palisander: ? (not familiar enough with this note to say)

benzoin, styrax: I need to retest

My verdict: not only do I *not* get tuberose, this doesn't even come off as a floral perfume on me in any way, shape or form. It's this Unsettling cloud of sheer that wants to be spicy but doesn't quite make it, wants to be warm but falls metallic.

It's probably a chemistry issue, but this is my review for how it sat on my skin: definitely not something I will wear.

Longevity: excellent
Sillage: 2 ft radius?

LadyAlfreda
LadyAlfreda

I bought this fragrance today in a beautiful gift set, which included the body lotion. I hadn't intended to do this. I was walking past a niche perfume counter in a city department store. One that I, unfortunately, walk past quite a bit. I said 'hello' to the young male sales assistant, who's always pleased to chat about fragrances and give me sprays. While this counter doesn't have a lot of L'AP fragrances, it had this one in a lovely gift pack (perfume and body lotion). Fate was obviously setting a trap for me. I like L'AP fragrances but they never last very long on me. Some smell terrible on me (Dzongkha especially). The first spray of this was totally unexpected because it didn't smell of tuberose. Not the tuberose I'm used to in Fracas and Petite Fracas anyway. It smelt really lightly spicy and incense-like, mysterious and evocative. The way Dzongkha smells on friends of mine but not on me.

I really liked it but went away to see how long it would last on me. While having a coffee and waiting to see the longevity of this fragrance, I checked Fragrantica to see the notes and who the perfumer was. Bertrand Duchaufour! Well, ultimately, I couldn't resist buying it. It does last longer than most L'AP fragrances on me and I'm intrigued by its fragrance. So, my contribution to these comments is, if Dzongkha smells awful on you (like dill pickle juice) but somehow, and very unfairly, smells fantastic on other people and you'd like to smell the same, try this one. No idea why this should be so because they don't have many notes in common.

barbkory
barbkory

This perfume is so strong, I wanted to like it because I love tubereuse but this has so much pepper in it, it overpowers tuberose! As soon as I sprayed it on me I wanted to wash it off.

sleepy*weasel
sleepy*weasel

Strong creamy, waxy ylang and tuberose, totally a warm weather scent, sunny and peppery. It isn't subtle, it shouts "white floral" but thanks to the good quality of the ingredients, there are no headaches. Also none of those crystalline aldehydes which seem to be in nearly everything. This lasts medium-well and is very feminine. I do like it - it's cheerful and dries down beautifully into a light musk with that ylang still wafting occasionally. It's not a cheap scent, but it's definitely reminiscent of tropical climates and flowers worn behind the ear, pretty sarongs, will go wonderfully with your sunscreen. Somehow my nose registered a coconut note in this, but it might be the power of suggestion - this is the most "tropical island" tuberose I've tried :)

Dufteren
Dufteren

I am sad to say this, I really tried to like it, after all the name is so promising Nuit de Tubereuse.
On me it smells more like I have just paintet the house and afterwards drenched my self with turpentine. So for me, amore fitting name would be Nuit de Turpentine

A note that will not go away ruins this scent completly, cold chemical and sharp, reminds me of gasoline or paint remover. Now and then, I get a whiff of something nice, only to be be ruined by the chemical, it does not dissapear in the drydown like I hoped.

Good bye, I have had enough of you, one of few tuberose scent that will not join my collection.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

The opening was way too green for me. I almost scrubbed it off in a panic. But I'm glad I hung in there because a clean tuberose awaited me, followed by a strong clove note with a hint of sweetness in the background. The combination feels unique.

I like this much better than the version of tuberose in La Chasse aux Papillons.

The drydown is sweet, but I don't get the bubblegum/candy vibe that others mention. Maybe after a few more tries.

ANNAFRYS
ANNAFRYS

Reminds me a bubble gum... pink candy....the good thing about this perfume is the smells is staying looooong time....I really like..it...I imagine myself wearing light pink dress and sitting in balcony of European palace...eating pink cake and looking at my gardens....I feel only one note...but it blended really tastefull very sweet and reminds me of my childhood fav fruit gum...

it feels a very femine and sexy as well..very well balanced perfume

Angeldaisy
Angeldaisy

i have tested this several times and every time my mind is saying..."this reminds me of something from primary school". i just couldn't put my finger on it...what is that smell?

a lovely scent, fruity, a touch of pepper/cloves/spice....and the tuberose is blended with the narcissus, musk, woods and resins, with a touch of the lovely carnation that the result is a very beautiful perfume that has tuberose in it. i think i would wear it in cooler weather....the summer heat made it rather heavy on me.

this projects well for at least 4-5 hours and lasts for about 7+ hours on me.

then i read all the reviews (like you do)...and there it was!
someone mentioned that this reminds them of "Juicy Fruit" chewing gum.
it does! that was it! Juicy Fruit.

it isn't a tuberose soliflore imo, but this is a beautiful perfume and for an Artisan, it lasts like a normal EDP.

review for the pink stripe bottle.

atumn
atumn

I have two bottles of Nuit de Tubereuse, first I bought the seethrough bottle with ornaments, and this one smells very peppery, spicy and a little watery. A week ago I decided to repurchase it, but I received a different bottle - simpler, similar to other Artisan bottles, with a deep pink stripe in the middle. It's a different fragrance! Much softer, cashmere-like and flowery, I smell half of the pepper I got in the first version! I sprayed both versions on my wrists, and it confrimed there is a difference. Personally, I prefer the second bottle, it's warmer, deeper and you really feel the tuberose, but anyways you should keep in mind which one you purchase!

Angelica 000
Angelica 000

I bought this semi-blind, after reviews/comments from members I trust. I couldn't be more delighted, what a seductive, soft spicy Tuberose! The pepper wasn't intrusive to me,the Vanilla & Sandalwood well blended.On the whole a very sophisticated, elegant offering.

Blue wolf
Blue wolf

If you love pepper, this is the fragrance for you. I don't and I found no tuberose, ylang, delicate blossom or citrus here. For me NDT is a horrid, screechy fingernails on a blackboard experience where the most I can detect is strong black and pink pepper on a wood base. Even the clove is crushed under the weight of the pepper and cardamom. I guess I am very sensitive to pepper; I rarely find any fragrance where I feel pepper supports or enhances the fragrance.
I do love tuberose and envy those who found it expressed well in this fragrance. For me Nuit de Tubereuse remained obnoxiously peppery for hours, and I couldn't leave it on my skin long enough to see if the pepper released its death grip on the other notes.
Beware if you are sensitive to pepper, test this first before buying.

Majesty
Majesty

Nuit de Tubereuse has nothing similar to any other tuberose perfume on the market. It's very unique and original . In two words , it's a spicy tuberose. On first spray I get a blast of pepper, carnation and cloves. In the beginning I thought that the name was misleading , the first half and hour it's all about carnation! It has many facets and that's makes it unique and so beautiful . The dry down is definitely carnation mixed with tuberose and an animalic, musky note which adds a refined dirtiness, daring and very sophisticated .

Megamind
Megamind

L'artisant parfumeur presents us a very interesting composition! Tuberose is a tropical flower it possesses coconut sweetness illusion. It's a heady strong fragrance in the opening with appearing cloves and Asian vibe coming I think from yang yang yellow flower. I imagine myself in an Asian massage saloon being surrounded by an ambiance scent facilitating relaxation and welfare.
Yang yang mingles with powdery and spicy tuberose wich opens up with a faint green note before warming into sweet jasmine-like scent underscored by a rubbery accord. Tuberose vacillates between coconut sweetness and warm skin impression, as it dries down.
Tuberose is a capricious flower behaving sometimes strangely on a skin. So it seems that it's all about the skin chemistry so either love or hate scent.
It resembles to nothing else in my collection and hopefully for me it's a "love" grown up intoxicating scent.
A definitive keeper.

tijgetje
tijgetje

on my skin more like a herbal scent...and a lot of manderine.

Wrippedcream
Wrippedcream

This is intensely beautiful from first spray to dry down. It has a definite tuberose scent. Gorgeous and seductive. For the dramatic. Ok, it's definitely feminine and I'm a man who likes masculine and unisex fragrances for my own skin. But, I keep this around for those moments when I crave the enchantment of a flower. Often I just take a whiff of the inside of the cap and I am transported to a joyful place. I like to see the bottle there on the shelf tempting me. I might try layering it with something more masculine.

fragrantlove
fragrantlove

I didn't know what tuberose smelled like. This perfume smells definitely like a gardenia slightly smoked with tobacco. It's interesting, fresh yet warm, like a warm white floral I'd say. The more time it sits on my skin the more "warm" and sweet it becomes. It just does remind me of some pretty old-fashioned gardenia-like fragrances, so I definitely get an "old lady" vibe at the beginning. That being said, it mixes beautifully with my skin, which normally hates white florals, and the more time that passes, the more intimate and sexy it becomes. Soft to moderate sillage, not headache inducing at all. A very interesting scent indeed! I'm going to go with "love" on this one.

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

Nuit de Tubereuse is so beautifully feminine. I first wore this perfume on a cool day in autumn and the intoxicating tuberose scent was most enjoyable outside as it wafted about on the breeze. The fragrance would also be lovely for a spring or summer's evening.

On my skin, the opening is a luscious tuberose that's a little bit green and tinged with the soft sweetness of the mango, which is quite refreshing. The scent then develops into a more fuller-bodied floral as the spices kick in, and the dry-down is soft, creamy and lightly powdered. And although there are some unusual notes in this tuberose fragrance, they really work harmoniously together.

Unfortunately, I am learning that tuberose has a tendency to give me a little bit of a headache. However, it is a flower that projects beautifully and really leaps off my skin. I might start experimenting with softer tuberose scents or smaller dosages and see how I go, because I would be devastated to have to kiss them goodbye. Very pretty sillage, soft to moderate in strength; longevity is for about 5-6 hours.

bibibling
bibibling

I like this much better than La Chasse aux Papillons which, to my nose might as well be a tuberose soliflore. The mango and mandarin really pop out for me (and I'm crazy about mango scents as well as mandarin) and even though mango and tuberose is a weird combo, I'd expect no less from L'Artisan! The cloves and ylang-ylang are pretty noticable too but the notes do a good job of blending together and creating an image of a wild, eclectic night in my imagination. A night of partying and hedonistic fun, yellow taxi cabs, city lights, mango infused drinks, cute boys who don't speak English. An unexpected scent for an unexpected adventure.

It's unlike any other floral I've smelled and it's definitely not for the girl who wants to just blend in with the crowd but it's not for the attention-whore either. It's for the girl who's wearing perfume only to please herself.

Try before you buy though, definitely not for everyone. To me the 'indolicness' is pretty mild for a tuberose but I know some people can be super-sensitive to that.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This actually smells quite masculine. The opening is dominated by a brusque clove and pepper, followed by a vague hint of dry, sweet florals.

As it wears down, it gets more woody and dusty, without ever revealing the creamy, waxy nuances expected of tuberose. It sort of reminds me of men's cologne.

Sillage and longevity are not great either.

suzrwin
suzrwin

As a tuberose lover, I am slowly making my way through every tuberose perfume I can lay my hands on. Nuit de Tubereuse is intriguing. It opens with a peppery blast--quite typical of scents introduced in 2010. The spicy start is soon joined by the green, slightly sour Angelica , another note I love. Mango and finally a peep of tuberose is next overlaid with a veil of musk. Interesting that sweet orange blossom and ylang ylang arrive a little late to the party, yet they are there, sweet, but not cloying, and tempered by lingering spices.

The overall impression is not of a tuberose perfume at all, because of all of the other facets. On me it is quite lovely and even feminine, and At no point do I feel overwhelmed by its complexity. I find it spicy to start, green and then floral in the middle, and woodsy and warm in the end. I can see myself reaching for this sweet little scent time and again--a sweet little floriental.

I especially love reading others' impressions of scent. Last night I wore My Sin (vintage) for the first time and it was so soapy in the mid notes that I barely held out to its bewitching base. Nuit de Tubereuses doesn't even have a molecule of soapiness in comparison, at least on me. But I guess that is what a love of perfume is all about...discovering how our own body blends with a scent to make it uniquely our own.

Kayse
Kayse

Nuit de Tuberuse is a luring, seducing fragrance. On old cartoons ( like Buggs Bunny) when a hungry cartoon character would smell something delicious, a long trail of translucent smoke with a perfect manicured hand would beckon irresistibly..... The character would then be hooked by the nose and floated along to the feast by the translucent fingertips, with a narcotic drugged look on his face. That's how this one feels to me, it's not heavy and the silage is close. I'm getting delicious peppered tuberose, mixed with sunny after a rain freshness. Very,very pleasing.

I get so few of the listed notes its almost tragic. What I do get is a thin, watered down tuberose with peppery notes that smells like they almost forgot to add the tuberose. Maybe the word is 'sheer.' It's pretty darn sheer and the peppery notes detract from the creamy character of Tuberose for me.

deborahmorais
deborahmorais

This is too musky and woodsy for my taste. I can't even imagine how bad this must smell if applied heavily. I bet this must smell nice on other peopl, but this is definitely not for me. I much much rather have that loud, sweet and happy type of tuberose fragrances than this one. This is way too mature and it gives me a feeling that was created 100 years ago.
Second impression an hour later: this is much nicer and subtle now, still I don't get tuberose, it's a nice woodsy fragrance with a hidden tuberose.

Mattysmum
Mattysmum

This smells to me like rotting damp vegetation.It should be in a black bottle marked 'poison'. Absolutely vile!

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

Love this for cold Winter evenings and I feel great when I go out wearing it! It's definitely peppery at first and this combines nicely with the spices and woodiness. I find this quite a bold sensual fragrance, memorable and longlasting.

Shibor
Shibor

Smelled this perfume on a friend of mine, and I liked it. It appeared very sensual to me.
It started fresh and peppery-spicy. After this, the scent became pleasant fruity, and the tuberose (alongside with ylang-ylang) began to fully unfold. Tuberose with some other flowers (probably there are more flowers then mentioned in the description) descends to the base where the woody musk appears. This makes the scent oriental warm and intimate in my eyes.

Maybe there is a bit too little tuberose for its fans. On the other side, as the scent differs from many tuberose fragrances, you’ll get something unique, exciting and simply a beautiful oriental perfume!

alicepolice
alicepolice

Unfortunately, I was not particularly impressed with Nuit de Tubereuse. I enjoy heady and loud white florals, but NdT is barely heady at all, and surprisingly sour at that. A sour, peppery tuberose. It is not entirely unlikeable, but a little too unrefined for the price. Moody, really.

Kitty48
Kitty48

You are in Paris, Montmartre, a small bar full of artists and the smell of Gauloises. There is a faint smokiness in the opening of this perfume and more than a little musk. Oh this is Paris alright, Paris of the night, the hidden secrets of the little streets hugging Sacre Coeur and the sides of Le Butte.

For a tuberose scent this is very dry, no cloying sweetness there at all, it's almost salty. Not a perfume for the faint hearted, this is for the woman who knows what she wants and will go out and get it!

heatherjtrumbo
heatherjtrumbo

I bought a sample of this and I have fallen in love! This is a deep and mysterious version of tuberose, definitely not for a wallflower. This is just what I've been looking for, a tuberose perfume with enough warmth to it that it can stand up to the cold months ahead. I just ordered a bottle and can't wait for it to get here!

little elf
little elf

Douchafour's perfumes seem to do a weird trick on me, and that trick is called getting me compliments! Lol, but kidding aside, the two I've tried (this, and amour nocturne) are not what I would expect to be people pleasers at all. I mean, I LIKE them, but they just seem kind of... complicated, if you will, when I sniff them on my wrist. Weird notes, notes that aren't traditionally used together and by all means shouldn't work harmoniously together. Amour nocturne has a prominent gunpowder note, that should say a lot. This smells like celery for the first few minutes, but that quickly subsides and I'm left with a nice powdery, slightly spicy, tuberose. But the trail/"scent-cloud"/whatever you want to call it that this leaves behind is GLORIOUS. I caught a whiff of it today and was thinking, "what IS that amazing scent?" It was me. A perfume that is both interesting and a compliment-getter? I must have a full bottle asap.

freakypirate
freakypirate

Opens sweet, powdery, with a hint of sweet citrus fruit, then the flowers come into play, mostly ylang-ylang-- it even becomes slightly indolic. No tuberose or pepper though, and most definitely not cloves. I do get ambroxan when the scent dries down, which is probably why the rest of the bouquet doesn't bloom. Ambroxan tends to be very strong on my skin and it overpowers the rest of the fragrance. What a shame! If ambroxan works for you, give it a try, the opening smelled great!

BringUsAShrubbery
BringUsAShrubbery

I don't think this one is for me. The opening is soooo spicy, I get mostly cloves. It's been five hours, and I have yet to smell anything resembling flowers, just cloves. It probably helps that I have no idea what tuberose actually smells like. Oh well, on to the next tuberose scent...

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

Nuit is a delicate, fruity, Tuberose which upon my skin is very sweet. The SA who dealt with me said on me it smelled sweeter than it normally is on people, and I don't mind that.

The woody notes delineate this as a very different tuberose fragrance, compared to the loud and ultra-sugary Fracas. This one doesn't scream on the skin because it's given some elegance and anchoring in the sandalwood and another element I cannot distinguish, but both harnsesses and accentuates the overall fragrance.

There's a L'Artisan quality to it, which I find which each of them, which is unusual and lends class. It's a confident and pretty smell and I think it is evocative of someone womanly, in all ways. I think it would make a perfect date night scent. Sultry but sophisticated.

julieekerr
julieekerr

unusual, thought it was a mans fragrance. not for me all i can smell is cardamon cloves and pepper. cannot pick out the floral or fruit notes. wanted to wash it off after an hour. can still small it 5 hours later even after a good soap scrub

AveParfum
AveParfum

Nuit de Tubereuse is such an unusual take on the flower. It doesn't seem that it was meant to be a soliflore but a less literal or obvious interpretation of the flower. It's like being in a tropical paradise with a lot of sensory inputs going on at once: warm sand, ripe fruit, vibrant plants, and the scent of tuberose drifting quietly in the night air, in-between the trees, floating by almost unnoticed. My favorite phase is the perfume's woody heart. It reminds me very much of Coco EdT, but not so bold, and with a tropical twist. This perfume is not loud, it's a subtle beauty, bringing many different elements into one cohesive work of art.

clair de neige
clair de neige

Where's the tuberose?I can't find that.

beccamm
beccamm

I love, love, LOVE this wonderful perfume. I've admired the bottle for a long time and thought how perfect it would be if i also loved what was inside but how that must be impossible. My sample arrived today and it is beautiful, I actually love the spicyness in it and it smells so warm, sensual and mystical to me and I agree with everything in waternight's comments. This really has been what I've been looking for in an oriental floral, just wish the price tag wasn't so high!

thecapn
thecapn

Though there are plenty of perfumes I'm not fond of, and notes/note combos that I don't generally enjoy, I never knew of a specific note combination that made me nauseous. Until now. I have found it- tuberose and pepper. And I don't use the word nauseous in a hyperbolic sense.

waternight
waternight

NdT is a lush, intoxicating peppery tuberose scent, but instead of talking about the progression of notes, which plenty of people have done, I'm going to talk about why I love it. The main complaint I've seen about the L'Artisan line is that they are too short-lived and people want them to last longer. For me, I find that the ones I've tried do settle into skin-scents and stay very close (Mure et Musc, I'm looking at you, you lovely little darling) - but NdT is the exception. She lasts forever on me, well over 12 hours. I wake up the next morning with her last flirtatious glances tossed at me over her shoulder as she saunters off, hips swaying.

As already stated, NdT is a very lush fragrance. Warm and inviting yet mysterious and seductive. A strong, full, feminine floral yet doused with handfuls of sharp pepper (to be fair, I absolutely adore the pairing of pepper and sharp spices with big florals). This is not a sweet, innocent scent, nor is it overtly sexual - it is a Grown Ass Woman...With Secrets. This is worn by the woman you are drawn to, again and again, without really knowing why. All you know is that time spent with her, or even near her, will never be wasted. This fragrance strongly implies that she wants you - a finger run lightly down your lapel, just a second longer than necessary - but you're still holding your breath, waiting to see if it will really happen.

When I wear this, I feel like utterly, utterly womanly. I feel like the most classy-sexy specimen in the entire world, no matter what I'm wearing - because when I wear this, it IS my wardrobe. This fragrance transforms me.

hadassa
hadassa

Amazing peppery tuberose with a woody base, which makes the perfume quite unisex. I don't feel that it's that fruity, the mango note is only tangible in the opening, the fruitiness probably comes from the flower itself I guess. It isn't "girly" at all, the woodiness (cashmeran) and the slightly bitter powderiness (angelica) make it, in a way, carnal, and very elegant.

It's a masterful composition and you can feel who worked on this one: NUIT DE TUBUREUSE is clearly duchafourian. To me it has the same aura as his SEVILLE A L'AUBE: intoxicating scent of nature at night, slightly green and a bit powdery, transparent, but somehow strong and persistent, and, dare I say, erotic? Is it the right word?

The main question for me here is "do I need to add it to my collection?", as I certainly enjoy wearing it, but also have way too much tuberose perfumes already. I will see... I have a feeling I will miss this beauty when my sample is finished. It has something special about it.

P.S. I agree with the reviewer below, it does remind me of LouLou as I remember it, although NdT is greener and fresher, but still has this lush sensual evening tuberose vibe.

Colettekn
Colettekn

I love this, Nuit de Tubereuse smells similar to the Lou Lou i remember 25 years ago. Of course there are differences but the first impressions of NdT blew me away and has left me very happy. Browsing fragrantica this evening i noticed someone else has made the connection too,
Anyone old enough to miss the radiant, tropical lushness that was Lou Lou, please try Nuit de Tubereuse.

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

This here is good stuff. I definetly smell tuberose in the beginning, but I also get equal parts ylang ylang and cardamom. Intertwined is an obvious dose of pink pepper and just a smidge of mango. It develops quickly and after a few seconds cloves come out, steering it even further yet from what already began as a barely there tuberose fragrance. Into the drydown I still detect tuberose and ylang ylang, but the cloves and pink pepper have become more bold, shaking their booties at those pretty florals, trying to hog the spot light. In this moment of uncertainty, just as I'd accepted NdT turned shape shifter, everything mellowed out and suddenly it all came together. A nice light tuberose and ylang ylang combo that carries a soft fruity undercurrent, sprinkled with spices and held together by musk. And there it rests.

I appreciate that this is an edp as opposed to edt. I simply adore L'artisan, but I always wish they'd perform a little better. The concentration of NdT is perfect for the kind of scent that it is and it hangs onto my skin nicely. Having been Winter, I don't believe I've experienced this beauty in it's full potential. I can see its development becoming very interesting in the heat! Or warmth. This one's a keeper!

Now here's something from L'Artisan Parfumeur worth raving about: Nuit de Tubéreuse. It seems so inspired and original to me, with its spicy tuberose and wood notes. The quality is very high, with lots of natural-smelling stuff, along with extraordinary potency, projection and longevity.

Peppery tuberose: yes! It's really different from most soft billowy tuberose perfumes and also from the more diva-oriented creations such as Robert Piguet Fracas. Nuit de Tubéreuse reminds me a tiny bit of Mona di Orio's soliflore, but this is less woody. I find the same integrity, if you will, in this composition.

The tuberose here somehow seems more clear and distinct than in most tuberose perfumes. It's as though the spices take a blurry picture of tuberose petals and sharpen it up by quadrupling the pixels.

Tapinview
Tapinview

This is an amazingly sexy scent which takes me to every moonlit tropical fantasy I've ever had! It is summer in Australia as I write, and this is a perfume for the hot damp tropical night. I also find it absolutely unique in the pantheon of tuberose scents; it is quite woody for instance compared to oily examples like Fracas and even Carnal Flower which reads to me as green-blue aquatic. The earthy and slightly dank spicy effect, even mouldy, is just so perfect. Sort of corrupt. Undoubtedly our Duchafor is off the chain here; the sense of place is as powerful as say a masterpiece like Timbuktu...and quite as difficult...how did this get past the evaluators at L Artisan?? Heh, I shouldn't write about perfume when I am wandering about the house late, drinking cold white wine, hearing the sugar gliders squabble in the grape vine, getting whiffs of the stonkering odour of Cestrum Nocturnum drifting in through the open doors...anyway this is in my top few indispensable fragrances.

daniela3
daniela3

A peppery opening, nothing to share with some tuberose reference frags such as Fracas or Tuberose Criminelle or Acampora's Blue where the single element (tuberose) is so easily readable, very far from Carnal Flower another masterpiece proposing the same subject. The name of the frag is also - for me - rather misgiven: if this frag is related with the nuit/night in the sense of darkness or obscurity it is so because it is what we have underground, that's why I perceive in it also a strong presence of 'earth': after all tuberose develops from a bulb and a bulb is normally planted under the earth, no doubt. The other brother element which towers with its presence is saffron (crocus sativus, so another bulb!), but I believe it's a conjure up with my skin!, orange after a while pops out while the 'earthy' presence keeps staying... Tuberose here is just an element among many others. I would say this more a spicy juice (a lot of benzoin and myrrh also on my skin) with some flowers added but saying so I would appear very rude....This fragrance is rather controversial and I chanced to read different reviews and a lot of criticism about it as well.... I believe that when things are so controversial something interesting can be growing in the middle. The same Nose is quite recognizable at the same time I like the way he's proposing the 'intoxicating' flower but in an unexpected way, there is a great modernity in it!, I think that mr B.D. has managed to challenge his fans. The persistence is very good.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

This has an overpowering musk and I don't find that orange harmonises with tuberose for me.

It's a bit frustrating trying out all these tuberose perfumes, it seems perfumers get quite carried away with it, and I wish they'd simply enhance the 3D creamy/buttery effect which is the part I like.

Nuit de Tubereuse is very fruity/musky, very persistent and it feels overwhelming and somehow a bit tacky to me

AnyaZ
AnyaZ

I have been exploring (and acquiring) several l'Artisan Parfumeur scents. This is a very enjoyable composition, and is fairly bold (not a discrete wear-to-work scent, unless very lightly applied) and going in a gourmand direction. It reminds me of an improved version of an expensive pot pourri with flower leaves (primrose, bits of tuberose), cloves, perhaps even a hint of cinnamon and cardamom, sandalwood (which I am a big fan of), bits of fruit (I get more cassis, i.e. black currant, than mango), and tangerine or orange zest. This one is for a confident woman of at least 30; she probably has time for strolls in the city, art galleries, and likes angora and pashmina knits. Luxurious, classy, very European. A pleasure to wear.

Shorokh
Shorokh

Why does the description in no way match the pyramid?? And everybody seem to pay no attention... Did I miss something?

ultracat
ultracat

The two tuberose fragrances I own and wear most often are Nuit de Tuberose and By Kilian's Beyond Love. While Beyond Love is heady, dark, musky, and mysterious, Nuit de Tuberose is tart, peppery, bright, and a little sweet. Beyond Love dominates the room, while Nuit de Tuberose clings close, surprising those who draw near. (Just the other day, a woman on a train who moved into a space near me stopped and sniffed, then exclaimed in Japanese to no one in particular, "Ii niyoi [nice smell]!") Nuit de Tuberose is my "safe" tuberose scent, one I feel I can wear inconspicuously. But for me it's too clean to really love the way I do Beyond Love. Tuberose scents should be a little "dirty".

Gulnara
Gulnara

Although L'Artisan perfumes usually don't have longevity I must say it is very long lasting & has good sillage. It is a unique spring & summer scent for me (without over applying of course). It is refreshing and naturally sweet. It is well balanced, so that the notes are crowded, but it is somewhat simple smelling, linear & does not change on my skin so much (or may be it develops so fast.) Tuberose note in this perfume is noticeable, but not so loud. What I like most about this perfume is being able to smell it clearly throughout the day. It seems that my brain doesn't ignore this scent no mater how long I am wearing it. It is stimulating me all day long.

Gabi310
Gabi310

Where's the tuberose??? It must be hiding under the thick layers of cloves and pepper. Too spicy and hot for me. If you're a fan of L'Artisan's La Chasse aux Papillon or Carnal Flower is your desert island tuberose fragrance, avoid NdT!

esteban747
esteban747

This opens like a dirty tuberose as if the scent of the flower is mixed with the soil.
Then it gets musky.
Sorry but I don't smell any mango. I do smell the cloves, pepper and some wood notes.
The rose is there, just not too obvious.
I don't know what was the idea behind this perfume, Nuit de tubereuse, as with many fragrances the name makes little to no sense at all.
Nothing new here. You'll like it or dislike but for sure you won't claim this is a new scent.

Caramelle
Caramelle

I had a slight suspicion this tuberose wouldn't be for me by the description.I love tuberose and my two favourite ones are Carnal Flower and La Chasse aux Papillons Extrême.
This one is sweeeet,steamy and also plasticky.
There are a lot of other notes with the tuberose which I can't tell apart.It's a hot sticky mess! Big no!

Sandra2
Sandra2

I'm a great tubereuse fan and have and tried many fragrances with tubereuse note. This one is the worst till now. I smell something soapy and sweet. Tubereuse note tries to reach me somewhere from behind. When it finally does, the perfume is gone because the longevity is hardly two hours.

cocomarie
cocomarie

Nuit de Tubereuse was a delicate summer flower. I see pink dresses, bubbles and cotton candy when I smell this perfume. I didn't get any of the citrus-y, fruity notes. There was a bit of musk at the end...mostly it was just a sweet, delicate tuberose. And, when I smell tuberose, I think pink, fluffy and pretty.

It didn't last long on me. 2 hours tops.

I did also try layering this with L'Artisan Patchouli Patch and was pleasantly surprised how these two twisted together into something complex and lovely on me. Happily surprised!!!

I miss tuberose in this fragrance like I miss gardenia in Gardenia by Chanel. And I'm not impressed in general.

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

I don't find this is a big tuberose smell. Yes, the tuberose is noticeable but it is tightly intertwined with the pink pepper and woods. On, my skin it develops into a soft oriental floral with a hint of green. I don't detect much of the mango or mandarin other than the possible touch of sweetness. All notes are well balanced, forming a harmonious whole. Definitely not much of a tuberose but as an oriental, I absolutely love it since it is one of the very few woody, spicy fragrances my skin tolerates.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

I have to say, I agree with Antfarm in her review, this scent does indeed develop fast! It was a lovely warm tuberose upon application, mere minutes later it has fast forwarded through most of its notes to a not very interesting musky-sweet floral perfume which calls to mind many less expensive offerings. It's slightly creamy, has muted spices, I just can't find this holding my attention. L artisan offerings for me just usually don't sit well, nor last long. Ill pass this along for someone else to sample. Not my cup of tea.

antfarm
antfarm

This is one of the only fragrances I have tried that had fast-forward development. Immediately on the skin it was a peppery tuberose, literally one minute later I smelled some lovely earth and greenery which led me to believe this was morphing into something gorgeous and different-- then five minutes later I was left with peppery water and a wilted tuberose dangling sadly.

I felt like one of those announcers at a horse race--here comes Pepper, heading up behind Pepper is Lady Tuberose. Lady Tuberose and Green Machine are neck-to-neck, wait...ohhhhh, all the horses fainted.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

This starts off a bit planty, perhaps green, i also pick up the pepper, green mango, and dry rose. At the base is musk and vanilla. Yes it does give off a slight vibe of aspirin but it blends wonderfully. Somehow, this is also giving me a fizzy feeling like it's acidic. I like it a lot!

Cereza
Cereza

I have a loving relationship with tuberose, I love mostly all of the perfumes which are dominated by this note, hell, one could even build a collection only from tuberose perfumes as they all are so different.
This is a very green tuberose and at the start it is not even dominated by tuberose. More by pink pepper and angelica. Fruits are very noticeable as well, making this very sweet and girly perfume (though I must add it's not "pink girly", it's very elegant, green notes are balancing the sweetness and playfullness out perfectly).
This might be a good start for everyone who wants to get to love tuberose, but isn't too fond of the big/bold tuberose perfumes. As for me, I'll stick to the ones I already love. As for many fragrances with strong fruit note, this one does the same for me - I find it to be sour.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Sorry, folks, but I don't get the nice things that some of you are getting from this perfume. To me it is a giant tuberose bomb in the opening and then becomes medicinal, medicated soap or shampoo or maybe some kind of cleaner and downright nauseating. I can find nothing good to say about this one.

heybritney
heybritney

Lasted forever.
Lovely smell, it seemed very pure and well-balanced. I actually surprisingly really liked it.
I felt like I didn't get anything besides a strong tuberose and white-floral, honestly. Definitely no spices (no cloves or cardamon), not really musky (though I don't smell musk in certain floral compositions for whatever reason), just a buttery tuberose, accented by white-floral and enough fruit to give it just a touch of complexity, though it didn't feel sweet at all to me.

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

I agree with some of the other reviewers who described this as more masculine than many other tuberose fragrances. I don't pick up on the medicinal smell that some have noted. It does dry down very musky on me, which I like. Its longevity is pretty killer--lasted right through a shower. It's probably a bit too much for daytime. I just dabbed a couple of drops on my wrist from a sample vial and I could smell it all day.

Strangely enough I love white florals, yet I have a hard time finding a fragrance which does this genre justice. Nuit de Tubereuse is possibly the best tuberose inspired perfume that I have smelt in a long time.

I had no intention of testing this fragrance until a knowledgeable sales assistant urged me to try it. I was very impressed with its simplicity and strength. The tuberose in Nuit de Tubereuse is deep, naturally sweet and nicely balanced. Mango and pepper add some complexity to the composition, but never smother the beautiful white floral accords.

I was quite taken by Nuit de Tubereuse's elegance and femininity. In some ways, this is a rather straight-forward white floral. It's slightly buttery and green, but is nowhere near as bold as Fracas, or as green as Carnal Flower. Perhaps I have fallen for this fragrance simply because it does not try to be anything other than soft, white tuberose.

Before the tuberose can become too tropical or too damp, the pepper note adds a lovely touch. The pepper is not so easy to detect straight away, yet once the scent settles into the heart, its presence is more well known. The sandalwood and vanilla notes however, keeps Nuit de Tubereuse smelling smooth and balanced.

This fragrance carries an aura of sensuality, like a little naughty flash of skin every now and then. I love how enveloping and rich this fragrance is on the skin. Occasionally it makes me feel like a bit of a femme fatale. However, despite its sexual nature, Nuit de Tubereuse can be conservative too.

The longevity and sillage are superb, and I must point out that this fragrance is an EDP. The price may be a little bit deterring, but in my personal opinion it's worth it in the long run. Nuit de Tubereuse is more of a cold weather scent for me, yet I totally recommend trying it in Spring to experience its more tropical and fruity facets.

mudpach
mudpach

Perfect tuberose scent!

Marilie
Marilie

Nuit de Tubereuse was my first floral perfume - long before I learned to love other Tuberorses. Many say that NdT is the only tuberose scent that works for tuberose haters. And while I am happy with Carnal Flower, Beyond Love AND Nuit de Tubereuse, I agree that Nuit de Tubereuse contains less heady tuberose than the usual supects Fracas, CF and Tubereuse Criminelle.

Nuit de Tubereuse is floral green (tubereuse), fruity (mango & citrus) and spicy (pepper & cardamom) at the same time. For some reason I also think of NdT as an earthy fragrance. It is exotic but leaves you with the impression of a tuberose that has just been pulled out of the earth.

While I normally don't care for if a perfume is marked as "for day" or "for night", I only use Nuit de Tubereuse for nights out. BTW: this one and Carnal Flower are the perfumes I get most compliments on. Men seem to like it...

It is great in summer but can be worn all year round IMO. The sillage and longevity are both very good - a few sprays go a long way.

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

My hopes for this were high and they were not even sort of met! Gorgeous packaging though!
There is barely a hint of tuberose in this and there is lots of outdoorsy mushroomy damp forest, foliage, and dirt. I almost preordered this and am $175 thankful I didn't! My husband despises this to the point of calling it the worst perfume he's ever smelled. A disappointment for me BUT perfect for other people and I look forward to smelling this on someone who loves it! The beauty in diversity is there's something for everyone... and isn't that wonderful!!

adele l
adele l

this must differ with body chemistry- but i like fracas, carnal flower, and various other benchmark tuberoses- this one is not my style really. there is something very masculine in the drydown and a medicinal edge ( a la tubereuse criminale)- i can smell the tuberose as well but i think this would be better suited to a man.

teddito
teddito

Can you imagine the smell of the wild flowers,the early morning dew,and the fresh air somewhere near the seaside coast?That is what memories recalls me the start of Nuit de Tubereuse.Tender, green, wild natured,exotic,a little sour and somehow nostalgic.After the first accords are gone, there sits queen Tuberose-she is indeed different, earthy and dusty.Not weak at all, and persistent until the perfume fades away/which is a long time indeed/.I do not generally like tuberose based fragrances and my body chemistry can't fight Fracas, Carnal Flower , etc.This one however is a pleasure to my senses and imagination.It is modern, urban and allegoric.There is something in the air after the summer rain goes away in the big city-that is how it ends to my nose.

I eventually had a chance to test this new one from L’Artisan and got a sample! I would define this perfume as a sign-of-the-times tubereuse.
Tuberose is said to be narcotic and all the tuberose scents I know are either buttery or coconutty and this is not a bad thing, but a new kind of tuberose is a welcomed twist!
It’s fresh at the beginning with fruity notes and mango, a slightly candy smell and this is a little bit misleading, because either than that the heart is total floral, a big sweet and vegetal white floral with lots of oomph factor, beautiful whiffs of orange blossom and tuberose, of course, is so much present and pleasant, but with no buttery edge like in Fracas and no coconutty edge like in Beyond Love.
I also smell something medicinal as a drop of an aromatic herbal cough syrup. Maybe the angelica? Definetely a strange and new kind of tuberose. Not lightweight at all, it is quite dense and smells thick with a feeling in common with L’Occitane Neroli.
All in all this scent is very good smelling, summer floral which entices but doesn’t bewild the wearer, perfectly in the style of L’Artisan: all is measured and every scent from this house is like a small paint on the wall framed and tamed. L’Artisan scents have a beginning and an end. They are indeed a little bit boring even if beautiful. The lasting power and sillage are not great as usual.
I would wear Nuit de Tubereuse in the evening during summer or as a daytime scent without over applying.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tubereuse fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tubereuse, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nuit de Tubereuse by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nuit de Tubereuse by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.