Designers » L » Oriental Spicy « Groups

dislike

honey
milky
Poivre Piquant L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men Pictures

Poivre Piquant by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women and men. Poivre Piquant was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour. The fragrance features honey, white pepper, milk, licorice, sugar and woody notes.

Honey White Pepper Milk Licorice Sugar Woody Notes

Le Feu d'Issey
Etra Etro
Gold Heart V 4

Poivre Piquant Fragrance Reviews

Migotka
Migotka

Artisan nailed it, again. This perfume is one of my favourite in their range, it's so unusual and comforting. It's not really a perfume as such, I see it more as an olfactory painting.
A lot of people mention the work 'spicy' when talking about it. 'Piquant' in French means not as much spicy as prickly or original. The top note in Poivre Piquant is without doubt pepper, vibrating on the skin and in my nose. It is probably one of the most real rendition of freshly milled pepper I have met in perfumery. Pepper sprinkled all over equally freshly baked bread. As it develops, you get more sweetness coming from the honey and milk, and then a touch of liquorice kicks in. The image for me is the cosy, wooden kitchen, and a rustic breakfast made up of bread, butter, honey, and the pepper sprinkled on top.
It is not really a very foody or gourmand scent despite all the ingredients, and it is so addictive!
It has quite a good staying power too, on me is lasts a few hours and projects well.

MetalMan
MetalMan

The thick of the unforgiving foliage threatens to drown out everything you've worked toward - the sun scorches this land in its fiery, peppered licks. Swimming in your own sweat, your eyes burn as you struggle to find your way through this lush wasteland. You climb and crawl and fall, time and again, hoping that what you seek is more than pure fantasy....your life lingers on this truth. Your body starts to collapse as each step becomes more difficult than the last...the world grows darker with each passing moment...you fall with a dense thud. An immeasurable amount of time passes...night and day lose meaning as you cling to life. From the depths, it calls to you - a sharp floral note rekindles your neural spark. You gasp for air as if awoken from the grave - you scramble toward this familiar yet alien scent...roses, iris, freesia, acidic greenery - it guides you toward your destination. Each step brings you closer - it appears before you in a flash. She sits, resting against a tree - she holds her side as a thick honey-like substance slowly trickles out. Startled, she locks eyes with you but relaxes as if seeing an old friend. Amazed, you examine her - you see what looks like fountains of flowers flowing beneath her transparent skin, the honey is her life essence. She offers her hand to you - you hesitate for a moment before touching it, softly. In a instant, you are filled with the warmth of a hundred suns - you see everything the universe holds, the dark and the light and everything between. Everything gains perspective and your life makes sense in the endless chaos of living -- you cannot thank her enough for these revelations. When you open your eyes, all that's left of her is a radiating gem resting in your palm. You shed a tear as you hold the warm gem tight - you will do her kindness justice...for all.

Day 88 - Preservation
Listening to: Muse - Madness

Notes: I am somewhere between love/like with this fragrance - I'll keep it at love simply because it is a truly revitalizing experience despite some accords not hitting the right notes for me. To open, this scent that is a fiery white pepper and cool licorice - slightly woody, slightly salty. Shortly after, the fume picks up a sharp floral note (it reminds me of the fumes I've tested with freesia in them) with accents of a cosmetic powder accord (rose and iris) and some crisp greenery. The freesia floral accord is accented beautifully by a touch of honey and a soft wood note that slowly fades into a rich white musk...and that's how the journey ends! This fume is classy and beautiful and I firmly believe it belongs on a woman's skin (even though I enjoy it as well...)! It took me several wears and the entire day to figure out what this smelled like....Chanel Exclusifs Beige! I think this one is more interesting though...

Megamind
Megamind

Not all l'artisant parfumeur fragrances are for me infortunately. I purchased it based on positive reviews here. One of fragrantica members make the comparison with Oxigène lanvin. For me these are two completely different fragrancies. I like a lot Oxigène uniqueness and creamy edge but do not like poivre piquant medicinal sharpness. Poivre piquant is a little bit chemical for my tastes and gives an impression of a hospital atmosphere with white walls and medicinal smell. I know I'm not on the same wave with most of reviewers in the appreciation of this fragrance. But my review aims to prevent from blind buy. Test before buy. I like many l'artisant perfumes but this one is just not for me. It's the first l'artisant that does not work with me.

vallensvelvet
vallensvelvet

Mmmmmn. Yum. a soft milky veil, cooled by licorice and dotted with fennel seed candy. Honestly, I barely get pepper from this; the fennel seed is way more prominent and so very pretty. This is lovely, feminine and youthful. Smells much less French than most l'Artisans, if that makes sense - more modern, more mainstream, but no less attractive.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

"Poivre Piquant" is pleasantly peculiar. It's a thin, transparent, squeaky-sweet-plastic accord that calls to mind clean, freshly laundered cotton, nail varnish remover, pear drops, peach wine and shampooed hair.

Basically just ethyl phenylacetate, with a bit of black pepper thrown in.

It's...cute, in a smiley Pikachu key-chain sort of way.

I might use it as a wardrobe freshener, but it's not really a perfume.

empathyboy
empathyboy

"Your bag smells lovely," the young girl said.
"Umm, thanks," the boy replied. Compliments were not something that he was comfortable with receiving.
As soon as the girl skipped off to join her friends across the playground, the young boy lifted his school bag and gave it a sniff. He supposed it did smell rather nice, in its own way. He opened the bag and buried his face inside. The smell was much more prominent so he closed his eyes and smiled a secret smile inside the darkness of the bag.
Only a pampered young boy could have just such a school bag with a half eaten pot of 'honey and Greek yoghurt, a split packet of pepper (for a salad that he threw away on the way to school), a half chewed lace of licorice and a broken-zipped pencil case stuffed with pencil shavings. Only an inquisitive young girl could have shown him that such a combination of accidental smells was truly beautiful.

nirvana5
nirvana5

Yes! I like this one! Very much pepper at start but it actually reminds me of Le Feu and after a while its smother and very nice at my skin. Like it!

lilalina
lilalina

The start of this is very light with only pepper.. After a while it gets more dense, and the wood base is more prominent, it turns more gourmand, sweet, warm and cosy. A great winter scent.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

(Thanks to @yohji for decant!)

I'd never got around to trying Poivre Piquant as I just thought 'Hm, a peppery perfume, can't be all that exciting', then when I read notes I imagined it might smell like creating a roux sauce with lots of ground black pepper.

The reality took me quite by surprise, it opens on a glowing peppery warmth, not harsh, but almost like an aura emanating from someone's warm skin, slightly fizzy in effect.

After half an hour or so it becomes creamier, smoother, like honeyed cream with cracked black pepper way in the background. It's very well blended, nothing leaps out except this sense of warm, subtly peppery/woody creaminess, slightly sweet.It's at its loveliest at this stage, which lasts for a couple of hours.

As others have noted though it does fade slightly, but it's still there, probably not so noticable to your own nose, but still a lovely sillage, as you move around it's still detectable. (I gave quite a generous spray though, knowing that most L'Artisans can be quite low key)

At its most creamy it's almost like a floriental, the honey/milk does feel like a creamy white floral in effect, yet more savoury, the liquorice is detectable to me more in dry down, lending (as the name suggests) piquancy.

The fact it reminds me of a floriental might make it lean more towards feminine to those wishing for a more unisex or masculine scent.

One the other hand, if you wanted a stronger, sweeter honeyed, peppery floral oriental effect, for evening, say, you'd maybe like Tom Ford's Shanghai Lily or similar, but if you need something subtler, or for daytime, Poivre Piquant is tuly lovely I think. It's slightly dry because of wood/pepper, but warm, smooth and creamy too. It feels refined.

Sillage quite strong for two to three hours, then lighter. Longevity about 5 hours plus. I couldn't choose a season for this, it could work year round

becuille
becuille

I get around 5 hours longevity from this and although I quite like it for most of that time, there's only a 45min window where I'd jump to buy a full bottle.

It opens as pepper and woods. The pepper is very strong and the woods are dry. At this point I think it's quite nice, nothing overly special. About half an hour later, it morphs into a spicy, milky liquorice and I fall in love with it completely. Half an hour later, it's back to pepper and woods again and it never regains its former glory. I never get honey at all.

I kept feeling like there was something familiar about this. If Feminite Du Bois and Aimez Moi had a tryst on a bed of pepper, this might be the result.

Bertrand Duchafour's name has become synonymous with quality, and given his catalogue, rightly so, but I can't help but feel at times he's stretching himself a bit too thin. This perfume is an example of why. It's an 'almost' kind of a scent. It's almost full bottle worthy, almost original, almost satisfying. I'd love to smell a version of this that he'd taken more time to create.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Straight away - spicy honey, then woodiness and only in last stage milky-creamy pepper - thats how Poivre Piquant opens and develops on my skin. I personally wouldn't call this fragrance sweet-peppery one, as that type to me is Azzaro Visit, but I would call it woody-honeyed-licorice one,- sugar with honey and licorice mix is able to digest about a kilogramm of black pepper, so you will not sneeze from this frag for sure, but its a very relaxing, easy to wear one, not a schizophrenic type of smell. Love from me. Yet I would prefer more staying power.

Ouch!
Ouch!

Poivre Piquant, I like you..but not enough to buy you in full bottle form sorry!

Pepper is obviously the main star of the show during the wet stages of this perfume. Not overly spicy pepper, but a dry toned down pepper. Slightly masculine, and the licorice is there too. The licorice in this smells SO real. It's pretty cool. So, at first its a peppery licorice and some kind of dry wood.

It has two very distinct stages though. The dry down stage lasts about 45 minutes on me. I much prefer the dry stage. It's when the more pleasant notes can come forward. The honey gives this it's "floral" tone and it comes together quite nicely. It's not overly sweet at all, it stays on the drier side. There isn't really any apparent "milky" tones coming off of my skin but, it's definitely a more "pretty" perfume when it's dry. As subdued sweetness...a dry woodiness...a light pepper and a lovely honey that doesn't turn to...erm..urine.

The entire fragrance is stripped back and has a simplicity about about it. It's a wallflower perfume not a monster.

mudpach
mudpach

TK Maxx I love you! I bougth it a ridiculous low price! Usually I don't like pepperly scents but this is very interesting...not loud, not scrached but creamy spicey. Not love but I like to wear.

irving
irving

Got it yesterday at our local TK Maxx for a song and boy does this perfume make me happy. it begins with a burst of crushed black peppercorns, followed by some deliciously smelling pencil shavings soaked in incense. I don't smell anything milky (but there is a certain opaque, warm softness to the scent that makes you think of warm milk) and if there is any honey, it's not particularly sweet or sticky. I detect a hint of licorice and maybe even dark chocolate, but both are too light to justify calling "Poivre" a gourmand fragrance and to diminish its luminosity.
It definitely reminds me of Feu d'issey, which makes me love it even more.
The longevity is rather good even on my perfume-eating skin.
If you feel inclined to experiment, try to layer it with "Drôle de Rose" - I found the result rather delightful.

Kitty48
Kitty48

This is the only perfume that I've tried recently that (in my opinion anyway) is unique, it doesn't remind me of anything else - it's one on its own. It was a blind buy based on other reviews here and I got it for a rock bottom price at TK Maxx, so it was well worth a try.

I really, really like it, I'm not sure that I would call it unisex though, for me it smells more than feminine enough. The pepper is by far the loudest voice amongst the notes and for all the honey it isn't too sweet, which is good. I get the milkiness and a hint of powder, but I don't detect the liquorice or sugar at all.

This is a delightful perfume that I'd be happy to wear at any time and in any climate, I never screams, it just states firmly 'I am quality' and I would highly recommend it.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Reading Phantosmia Bella's review of Le Feu d'Issey, which compared Le Feu to Poivre Piquant, made me irresistibly curious. Le Feu is one of my all time most beloved perfumes, so if there's a fragrance out there that smells like it, I want to know about it.

And interestingly, PP does remind me of Le Feu. Poivre Piquant's opening note also smells like alcohol, but in a caustic way, rather than a boozy way. After that I get milk and pepper and honey that are very reminiscent of Le Feu, and very nice and cozy and sensual in their own right.

My problem with Poivre Piquant, and this could easily be just a quirk of my own chemistry, since I seem to burn through all but the heartiest of perfumes awfully quickly, is that it has no staying power. I even made sure to get some PP on my clothes in the hopes of giving it a longer life, but it didn't help.

I wish you luck, and a more docile chemistry than mine, because Poivre Piquant is lovely, and if you long for Le Feu you might feel a little better about the world for wearing it.

aristocrat
aristocrat

Any fragrance composition that Bertrand Duchaufour turns his hand to is sure to have a touch of magic to it! He is THE MASTER when it comes to niche perfumery in my book!!
While the top pepper note dominates there is a pleasant harmony to be found here with each note balancing the other perfectly.
If Marilyn Monroe was a fragrance this is what she would smell like... sweet, gentle, dreamy, ever so pretty, full of allure and dressed from head to toe in white!

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

What an interesting little concoction. It starts off very peppery, but not like sniffing the pepper shaker. It's more tolerable than that. The pepper begins to fade quickly and I begin sensing some soft yellow floral. This is strange to me because the closest thing to anything floral listed is honey and even then, I can't justify what I'm smelling. Could be the combination here tricking my nose, but I can't shake the thought of some little flower growing in the distance. If you took the rose out of Chloe Intense EDP, this is what you would have once it dries down. A soft peppery, slightly woody, vaguely honeyed floral. I wouldn't call this a floral in comparison by any means. But, I find it peculiar, yet alluring. It's the kind of scent that forces me to stop and analyze what I'm smelling. It's simple in its notes, but harder than it appears to define. I like it! As with most L'artisan creations, longevity could be better, though.

christianne1
christianne1

Boy, talk about a surprise of an opening if you are not prepared. When you sniff it from the bottle it smells all warm and sweet and cozy and "ahhhhh". Then when you spray it, it is like HELLO spilled pepper shaker where did you come from...I'm awake now!! It is a pretty heavy dose of white pepper. Then it settles into a VERY light, somewhat creamy peppered scent but you may not be able to smell it for a while and may think it went away completely....because of the pepper blast in the opening. For some people, a strong dose of pepper can temporarily sort of shut down the olfactory system or may keep it from working properly for a little while. (As a matter of fact, drug dealers use it to hinder drug sniffing dogs from finding their "stash".) So, before you think the entire fragrance is gone and start spraying yourself from head to toe...ask someone else if they can smell you. Or give it an hour or so. This is the odd thing about pepper...I love it in fragrances but when the dose is TOO heavy, I can't smell much else that accompanies it...so the other notes can be a little pointless for quite a while. I always wonder how the noses are able to come up with these realistic heavy peppered scents without killing their olfactory system and not being able to tell what they have come up with.

Thank goodness I enjoy smelling pepper because that is about all I get for the first hour...then the scent fades to just a whisper. I think if the pepper was downplayed just a tad in the opening (and the milky part was boosted a bit) this would have been a much better and more well rounded fragrance. I am an enormous fan of L'Artisan and for me they can basically do no wrong...but Poivre Piquant could have used a stronger dose of SOMETHING besides pepper.

GuanYin2013
GuanYin2013

I like this one and in time I could learn to love it.

Starts simple with piquant black pepper, gains a bitter liquorice vibe, ends with a flowery sweetness that evokes sugared almonds.

Sounds simple: pepper, liquorice, sugared almonds but the result is satisfying and a pleasure to wear.

Minimal sillage means this will not impose on others thus could be ideal for work, travel, theatres, restaurants, religious settings - anywhere you need to be yourself, quietly assertive, without grabbing the limelight.

Note of caution: I have described a simple, innocent fragrance and so it would be for many people. I think this might be ideal for a wedding (sugared almonds says virginal and bridal to me). But, on the other hand, I think this fragrance could be a surprise on the right person.

On a woman able to bring out the pepper and liquorice, the sour-bitter notes, and so belie the sugariness, I think this fragrance might say mystique, be exotic and erotic. There's something about it that, for me at least, evokes Anna Karenina as played by Greta Garbo. Indeed any woman played by Greta Garbo. Or maybe just Greta Garbo as played by Greta Garbo. She famously 'vants to be alone' but that just makes us vant to be alone with her. I don't know whether there would be any actual sex involved but there would be some sort of transport out of mundane life into something so much richer, so much more exciting.

On a man able to play up to the sugary almond, I think this fragrance could convey self-confidence, sexual complexity, playfulness, raunchiness. It reminds me of the scene from Mad Men where Roger Sterling sings 'Zou Bissou Bissou' (mimicking Don Draper's sexy young wife). Only a certain sort of man could make that funny and Sterling manages. He also makes it vaguely tragic and lets us see behind his clown's mask. He also makes his little song and dance erotic - tragic, comic, sexy how's that for complex. I can imagine him wearing this fragrance when he is doing that little dance. 'Piquant'? Absolutely!

So, a fragrance that can be played straight or given a clever twist. Played straight, I like it and would wear it to work. Played with a twist, I would love it and would be looking for an assignation outside of work... Ahem.

sslogiudice
sslogiudice

Obtained a sample of Poivre Piquant while searching for a replacement to le Feu d'Issey. Loved the fragrance; it is vaguely similar, but it only lasted a couple of hours on me. I'd consider it as a new signature if it had lasted longer.

This white pepper fragrance smells light and nice. It's even elegant lightness. I would prefer it to Piment Brulant if I was a pepper lover, but I hate this note. Despite it somehow I like this fragrance.

emilyjean
emilyjean

Went oddly salty/savory smelling on me halfway through. Kind of like soy sauce? Peculiar. I don't think I'll even finish my sample.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I can't speak for anyone else, but there's plenty of black pepper here for me. For the first 15-20 minutes, I am vividly reminded of "Cracked Wheat and Pepper" crackers. As the perfume mellows out on the skin, the pepper calms down enough for me to not only tolerate it but enjoy it immensely. I can't stand the smell of black pepper on other people, it's a real turn-off. Everyone knows that dairy makes the heat of spice less painful on the tongue, which is why Indian food is always accompanied by raita or lassi or whatever. It seems this concept works with scent too. Poivre Piquant becomes a creamy, mellow, black pepper fragrance, which makes it easier on my nose and hopefully the noses of others around me.

I love the authentic chai at my favorite Indian restaurant. They use more black peppercorns than others. I can really taste the peppercorns after they have simmered in the milk. Poivre Piquant reminds me of that flavor. It's by far the best pepper perfume I have ever had the pleasure of wearing.

lakuota
lakuota

Well well well... Nothing very special about this scent, I am always expecting more from Duchafour, but lately I'm facing only shallow and linear fragrances created by him.
First I looked at the notes and the composition inspired me to try the scent. Luckily, I ordered only a decant, not a FB. It opened with a huge pepper blast. No milk, no honey, no liquorice. It's not that I hate pepper, vice versa, I like it and I use many peppery frags, but in PP something is not quite there for me... Maybe I expected too much and what I got was juice similar to Cerruti Image (for women), which isn't bad itself, just for me became an absolutely simple and ordinary perfume, which I wear on the days when I feel indifferent about what to wear. Ironic.
So - didn't impress me at all, to my big regret. I wish it really was sweet milk with pepper. Any ideas anyone?

Cereza
Cereza

From the notes I expected a bit more, it opened with loads of black pepper and soon turned to smooth spicy milk (like a masala tea). I do find this delightful to my nose as I've always told that I do enjoy good milk scents, but here is something that disturbs me a tiny bit. I love licorine, but here it's kinda not working on my skin, I think that honey might be a problem as I've rarely enjoyed it in fragrances.
All in all I should say that this is a good take on spicty/milk/masala perfume, but there are some better ones outhere and as already few of them are on my "must buy" list, this won't be joining them.

assuom
assuom

I would describe this fragrance as sexy and spicy as pepper. If you do smell carefully, yo can definitely smell the pepper note. Nice interesting fragrance. Different from the other mens fragrances out there withouth being off putting.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Don't be fooled by the listed notes here. Milk, honey and spice? yeah, right.

Here's the basic outline of this perfume:

opening: a blast of black pepper. very unusual in fragrances, but here it is - simply black pepper. but don't be scared, more is coming.

later: flower. some kind of flower is in this composition, I can't put my finger on it - maybe peony, maybe rose (I don't think it's rose) god knows what it is, but it smells floral.

dry-down: basically, a peppery floral scent. I'm not sure if I detect any milk here, maybe some licorice. The bottom line - modern peppery floral scent.

So here, nothing gourmand-milky kind of stuff, it is predominately a peppery floral scent. Nevertheless, it smells good, I like it. It lasts good amount of time (for an EDT) and seems to project moderately.

daniela3
daniela3

It's so interesting reading reviews which sometimes reflect opposite opinions, tastes, sentiments compared to yours! I believe that many times the success or less of a fragrance is due to geography, longitude, latitude, weather and so on, rather than 'culture'. Not to say that our own chemistry can be influenced also by the air we breath, the food we eat and so on and consequently also fragrances can react - even more - very differently.... but here we are: Poivre Piquant today is the perfect frag for me! I find it very different when I wear it in winter (probably it's not a real winter frag) I agree the name could be misleading but look at the majority of the names used in perfumery - honestly - and say how many fragrances carry a proper name, which reflect the juice really?!? For instance if I call a frag 'poivre piquant' I should present it in a solid (powdery) form rather than a liquid one, shouldn't I?!
Any way not many fragrances remind me P.P. and I personally think that its persistence is also great: I sprayed it this morning towards 9 o'clock a.m. and I'm not going to repeat it (now it's 17,41 p.m.) Not a great sillage, in the classical sense as it's stays close to you - but not too much - as normally only frags with a high percentage of natural elements do. As very often can happen with 'particular' or niche frags, it can be used sometimes but not every day. This is just what I've personally discovered, while using my Poivre Piquant and I'd like to share - all this - useful or not.
; )

p.s. ....and I've always said that I cannot even stand licorice smell!!!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

In the opening, I got an intensive licorice note, along with the pepper and milk, but as it dried down, the licorice faded and I was left with a slightly sweet, milky pepper fragrance. It felt very sheer, and mostly focused on the pepper, but all in all a clean-feeling scent!

Epistula
Epistula

On my skin Poivre Piquant starts with a sharp peppery note. This peppery note is not too overwhelming and gradually blends into a warmer woody and subtle honey smell. This perfume is not sweet at all. It starts of quite strongly but settles down quickly into a very addictive, warm, slightly spicy and comforting fragrance.

xabaras
xabaras

I just got my sample. It's a lovely fresh and spicy fragrance. Pepper is what I can define without any doubt on my skin, especially at the beginning. Then I get hints of honey, pleasant and fragrant, not overpowering. It is different from many other fragrances. Quite original in my opinion. It would suit anyone in any occasion especially when you don't want to stick out, but still smell nice. It only lasts about an hour on me though. I'd have to keep reapplying. I don't think I'll buy a full bottle, but it's nice to have made Poivre Piquant's acquaintance. :)

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

As a long-time consumer of 5-star spicy Thai food, the tear-jerking-spicy Indian and Mexican food served only in those countries, and other high-test chili-based goodies, it takes a lot of pepper to get my attention. I’m sorry to report that Poivre Piquant just doesn’t have what it takes.

This EdT is a weak, slightly sweet, and aromatic scent with a muted mix of anise, woody notes, rose, and vanilla along with what I could swear is a citrus-lavender cologne base. There’s a moderate amount of sillage, mostly in the woody-aromatic range, but not a lot of lasting power, maybe 3-4 hours tops. There’s certainly not the bold blast of pepper that I was expecting. This is not something that I’d wear, but it might be an option if you like gentle cologne-type fragrances.

tedylee
tedylee

This is one of the most amazing perfume ever! When I say "amazing" here, I dont mean it's the kind of smell that makes you "Wow!", but this one is the kind that makes you " Hmm.. eh? Oh, my. I can't stop sniffing it on my hand!"

There's something calm but something drifting behind. The pepper note here doesn't smell like the ordinary pepper-featured perfumes. For me, it's not spicy at all. But you can still sense it, in a very moderate, smooth and balanced way. I think it's because there's milk and honey that calm the pepper note down but not making it disappear.

Also, there's some soft sweetness. Like, you put a candy in your mouth and it melted slowly. Eventually the candy has totally gone but you can still 'taste' the sweetness left behind, it doesn't taste as strong as the candy so you could have a good imagination in it. Light but not floating, soft but stable.

Marangoni
Marangoni

Think of this beauty as pink light in a bottle. It's luminous, aerial, a feather would be heavier. It is very discrete and very classy, speaks volumes about flawless taste. You will not be wearing a cloud of perfume, but the confidence such quality gives is really priceless. Cashmere wearers would understand this :)

L'Artisan Parfumeur POIVRE PIQUANT reminds me very much of Lanvin OXYGENE. Both feature pepper and milk, which is a unique enough combination to make it easy to recall the few (n = 2) places in reality where one has encountered them together in perfume. Sure pepper goes well with creamed spinach soup (along with nutmeg...), but there are not very many fragrances which feature these notes in similar proportions.

POIVRE PIQUANT, contrary to its name, is really quite smooth, definitely smoother than OXYGENE, which has a slightly sour cast on my skin (especially in the drydown), but also a bit smoky as well. Although the varieties of pepper appear to be different in the two fragrances, it really is the pepper which dominates the composition in both cases. Both have good longevity, as is typical of pepper-heavy perfumes.

I recommend POIVRE PIQUANT to anyone who loves and wears OXYGENE, although you might want to save your big AP$$ for something else, since you probably need only one pepper-milk perfume, and OXYGENE may work just as well.

milkyway
milkyway

its brilliant! i really like it. maybe because it reminds me of only by givenchy, the scent i used to wear years ago..very pleasant and fresh perfume

Malegria
Malegria

This one is so good it makes me tingle! Peppery, fun,luminous - and yet it makes you take it seriously. I was surprised to feel a suede note in it and in the end it reminded me of an improved, polished and primped Lacoste pour femme, that I also love dearly. The difference between the sharp, spicy opening and the sultry heart is startling - the perfume plays on my skin,throwing at be bits of pepper,drops of honey, a spray of juice, a touch of cashmere.
Radiating!

yvashche
yvashche

One of the most original perfumes ever. I love the pepper smell, you can't find this kind of soft/sweet pepper anywhere. I bought the set with the Poivre, Piment and Safran. Poivre is the best of all, Piment is second, Safran is not worth it.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Maybe Poivre Piquant is not great smell , is not rich, but I very like it. When I want to smell natural, however, a bit spicy, I wear Poivre Puiquant. I like somewhat sharp, pepper smell of skin people, as my natural skin smell tender, I change it, scenting this pepper in parfum - simply and sophisticated ( pepper, milk, honey ) . Really Poivre Piquant is adorable and long lasting.

lilinah
lilinah

I bought the trio set, Les Epices de la Passion, and i love the hot-pepper scent of Piment Brulant and saffron and rose of Safran Troublant.

But Poivre Piquant did little for me. I tried it a time or two, but it didn't have much scent. I began to fear i was anosmic. It was very faint and gentle, and i began sleeping in it.

I've read that L'Artisan Parfumeur encourages layering their scents, so yesterday i made an experiment. I sprayed on Piment Brulant, then Poivre Piquant. And i could smell a difference. The sharp citrusy note i'm not fond of at the top of PB was gone, and the whole thing was softened, gentled, rounded, by the milk and honey notes in PP.

It was a very successful experiment and now i appreciate PP more. Now i'll have to try it with Safran Troublant and see what happens. I may even try it with some other perfumes i have!

I realize that perfumes contain more fragrance ingredients than those listed. In this case, the L'A P site lists ingredients as pink peppercorn, white pepper, milk, honey

Spicy paprika-like pepper and warm, spicy woods. Almost an incense in it's dryness and non-foody quality. I do wish I'd gotten the milk and honey notes flannelman reports, as that sounds lovely as a counterpoint to the hot woods, but what I do get is still very enjoyable. It is definitely not a 'here I am' screamer, though. This hot spicy wood stays very close to the skin and people will have to be in your personal space to smell it. Which makes it more sexy, in my opinion; Body heat and this scent...hot indeed.

flannelman
flannelman

A very warm, interesting, unusual fragrance with a somewhat misleading name.

There is pepper, of course. White pepper. But it's definitely not "piquant", and for most of the (very short) longevity of the scent, it seems to only play a supporting role. The pepper is most noticeable in the very early top notes (together with an elusive note that reminds me of thyme, but not quite) and at this stage it really is very good indeed.

It is however quickly taken over by a soft, silky, milk and honey accord. The honey is just right: light and not too sweet. The milk seems to be mixed with spices, and at some times I was reminded of Chai.

The spices and pepper (when they emerge, from time to time) play hide and seek with the milk and honey and I find this to be very pleasantly orchestrated.

If only Poivre Piquant had a bit more longevity and sillage! It's gone way too quickly to be fully appreciated; that's a shame because it will stop many (including myself) from getting a full bottle.

Not a fragrance to wear when you want to be noticed, but great to relax at home on a freezing winter day...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Poivre Piquant fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Poivre Piquant, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Poivre Piquant by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Poivre Piquant by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.