Designers » L » Floral Fruity « Groups

Premier Figuier L`Artisan Parfumeur for women

milky
Premier Figuier L`Artisan Parfumeur for women Pictures

Premier Figuier is the first perfume based upon the fig scent: an accord of its sweet green leafs, a milky note of its juice, a fruity refreshment of its fruit and the woody power of its tree and branches. Close your eyes and you are under a fig tree with fresh figs in your hands. This is an unusual fragrance among the modern perfumes, very L'Artisan like, and at the same time it is a very recognizable scent of summer holydays and sea side, because the fig smells so intensive and beautiful only at the shore under the hot sun. Olivia Giacobetti created this fragrance in 1994.

Fig Leaf Asafoetida

Dark Amber & Ginger Lily

Premier Figuier Fragrance Reviews

Betsywoolbright
Betsywoolbright

Maybe it's just because I tried from a splash decant vial, but this had zero sillage and longevity. It smells good, like a stream lined with broad leafed trees. But I have to press my nose to my wrist to detect the scent, after only a few minutes.

polly golightly
polly golightly

fico secco, oserei dire, ma non nel senso della frutta disidratata, piuttosto uno di quei profumi alle foglie di fico che amo tanto ma con un effetto secco, aspro, legnoso. questa è la sensazione iniziale, che poi lascia spazio ad un lievissimo sentore del frutto, addolcito da note burrose di cocco, per svanire nel nulla dopo neanche mezz'ora. tra i profumi al fico sin qui sniffati è il meno gradevole per me.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Such an intense bowl-you-over green beginning that mellows into a lovely juicy fig after about half an hour. The longevity on this one was fabulous--could still noticeably detect the next morning. I will be purchasing a FB of this one.

bronstein
bronstein

Yes, after some time it develops into Philosykus, but at first sniff it appears like a more classy version of CK's Truth Men. This is interesting, because I regard both Truth Men as well as Philosykus as male scents, while this one is declared as female. However, I don't get anything particularly female out of it. Maybe it is meant that way, as it was created during the heydays of the 1990s gender-confusing era.

Therefore, while this one certainly has class, the question remains unanswered who is supposed to wear it nowadays. Men should stick to the much cheaper Truth Men and Philosykus, which, in addition, are still modern enough for our age. Women should be aware that the 1990s are long over. Seen from that perspective this one's a relic from a long gone era, suitable only for women who haven't wakened up since.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

NO FIG
_______________________________________________________

I've always liked fig, so I was quite interested into discovering this fig fragrance by L'Artisan Parfumeur.

However, I was very disappointed by it, because I don't get any fig. I got only a burst of sharp green notes, but nothing more. No fig, no coconut, no sandalwood.

Longetivity: - 4/10
Sillage: - 4/10

All in all: 1 out of 10 points (subjective: no fig, no points)

ayh210
ayh210

Opening is really sharp and green but mellows out pretty quickly to a sort of synthetic smelling coconut fig...doesn't last long though...and then it's gone. Sort of reminds me of a popular coco-nutty bath and body works lotion/handsoap from my teen years.

imperceptible sillage, poor longevity

barbkory
barbkory

Beautiful scent! Sharp green almost grass like opening and then the coconut comes through. Soft, pleasant, everyday fragrance. I just wish it lasted longer. It's a definite keeper.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

Love the opening of Premier Figuier. The greenest green, very natural almost mouth-wateringly juicy for the first 15 minutes. A bit like fresh cut dewy grass. Wish it lasted a bit longer. Then the sweetness kicks in and on my skin creamy coconut and dried fruits in the drydown. I am liking this better in the cooler Autumn or in Spring.

amyewest
amyewest

Agree with other reviewers on the prevalence of the bitter green / sweet combination in general, but I don't smell coconut specifically or other fruits. Of course, I can't remember the last time I smelled a fresh coconut, so what do I know? To me, Figuier's sweetness straddles floral sweet and candy sweet. I do smell the sandalwood just barely. What I'm really reminded of though is the tuberose in Narcotic Venus. NV has a much stronger almond facet to its floral note, but even so, v similar. I think this one falls in the "l appreciate the artistry, but don't actually like it that much" category.

empathyboy
empathyboy

I like this more and more with the passing of time. When I first bought it, I liked it but didn't love it. Now I truly love it. It is smells so natural and 'good'. It has that same bitter freshness that you might have experienced when snapping the green stem of a leaf and the sap of the plant oozes out. Whenever I wear this, I always spray some on the sleeve of my shirt where it clings all day long. I lift my wrist to my nose throughout the day and escape for a few moments to a sanctuary a million miles away from the busy office. I am astounded that this is not listed as unisex.

Moonflower11
Moonflower11

Tried a sample, it' similar to Philosykos but more sweet. I really love it but on me it lasts nothing so I prefer to buy Diptyque

Nura
Nura

Tried Premier Figuier today and I don't really find that Diptyque's Philosykos (eau de parfum especially) is very similar to Premier Figuier. To me it was:

Premier Figuier = fig + grass
Philosykos = fig + coconut

Both are quite nice.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

Premier Figuier est une fragrance verte et boisée qui est une évocation de l'arbre avec son feuillage et ses fruits. C'est un mélange de senteurs âpres et sèches, de fruits juteux gorgés de soleil réchauffés par la note estivale et laiteuse de la noix de coco. Lorsque le parfum évolue, il a tendance à perdre son caractère fruité et développer une note boisée plus sèche. J'aime beaucoup ce parfum et je lui trouverais beaucoup de sensualité s'il était porté par un homme...c'est doux, élégant et distingué.

kateapple
kateapple

I think I'd like this better without the coconut. This scent is very green, slightly bitter, and very realistic, but the coconut note takes away from the fig in my opinion. I like the freshness of the initial spray - very green, like you've got your face in a fig tree. The coconut makes it milky though, and milky and green don't mesh well together for me. This scent is also very fleeting - the first hour it's nice, then it becomes a skin skin and soon after is gone completely, with no trace you've been wearing it at all. I'm on the fence about this one. It's not a bad smell, but it's not great either. The longevity issue coupled with the coconut just doesn't win me over.

pauroj
pauroj

smells exactly like philosykos, is nice very realistic

Allen-at-home
Allen-at-home

Since Piment Brulant is a favorite, I had high hopes for Premier Figuier. But rather than focusing on the actual fig fruit, PF is about the leaves and stems! I am beginning to think the fascinating Piment Brulant was a fluke because I haven’t found another L’Artisan fragrance that interests me. So my search for a good ripe, juicy fig continues, and, as I have been told, there are several to choose from.

ginaivet
ginaivet

The green fig leaves transported me to my childhood backyard. I grew up with a fig tree right outside my window. It was both a subject of great joy and terror. Joy at the candy-like fruits I would pluck from its smooth and sinewy branches and terror at the shadows the gnarled branches would conjure up in the dark and steal my sleep.

Smelling the fig leaves made me so relaxed. As if the verdant elixir hit an olfactory switch somewhere and immediately soothed away stress and tension. Tension Tonic.

It's dry down to coconut was not very pleasing. Not that I don't like coconut, just that I don't see how it fits with figs. It smelled like coconut ice cream. A smell I associate with beach towns in Mexico and Puerto Rico.

So is it the Greek Isles or the Caribbean?

Interesting but not really for me.
I find its value in its aromatherapy qualities though.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

This fragrance to my nose is more green than I prefer. It is more fig tree than fruity fig. It opens rather fresh and sharp, with lime, almond, fig leaf and sandalwood taking center stage. Its not too sweet. It all eventually recedes in about 2 hours into a very soft close to the skin scent of figgy coconut resting on a bit of woods. In another hour or so I can barely tell it was ever there. It's nice for spring but my fig of choice is LD Figue Sauvage.

DIXIAO
DIXIAO

Do not know why this has a smell of coriander leaves on my skin. I would not mind smell like a bunch of flowers, but a bunch of coriander? No Thanks!

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is abrasively green in the opening but when it calms down it is a still green but fresh milky fig. It is one that is too green for me though, I like fig better in something like Bvlgari The Rouge. It still has a nutty, woody quality -- the coconut helps a lot with smoothing it out. Very light projection and last 3 hours.

gomt
gomt

Luscious fig doused in coconut water is what I get. Not my cup of tea at all, but if you're a fan of mouth-watering fig, or light exotic scents in general, go for it. It's refreshing, relaxing, and doesn't smell cheap.

Soft sillage, moderate longevity.

sleepy*weasel
sleepy*weasel

Lovely stuff, fresh without being harsh, exciting to the nose, with the milky smoothness of a freshly opened coconut. I too would like to bathe in this! I'm very sad that it only lasts 1-2 hours although I might try using the range, to increase the longevity. I'm not a fruity fig fan but this isn't fruit, this is green, surely one of the best ever. Love it.

Update: even better on a very cold morning in winter. The green fig is extra-creamy, and lasts a lot longer - 5 hours on me. Give it a try on a January morning! :)

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This is a beautiful balmy scent, very cool, creamy and fresh. It smells like body milk feels.

I suppose it's unisex enough, although I do feel the soft sweetness leans more toward feminine, whereas "Philosykos" smells sharper and more green. It is very natural smelling. I've really come to appreciate this house now thanks to this and Fou d'Absinthe.

For people complaining about longevity: The tester strip that I sprayed 6 hours ago still smells quite strongly of glorious creamy figs and coconut.
Spray it on your clothes and see if it lasts longer. Any fig scent that I've encountered has always been more of a skin scent anyway.

shuuu
shuuu

Olivia Giacobetti is really good at making anything does't last with tiny projection …..

Premier Figuier L`Artisan is quite similar to Philosykos ..

I consider Premier Figuier more pleasant , less dusty and fig tree smell ..

But this one lasts even shorter than Philosykos ….

disappointed ...

hippiechick13

I've written about PF before, but I had to return to add some more.

Mostly, I want to convey that it is THE yummiest, most addictive fragrance in my collection.

When I first wore it, back then, it seemed to me that it was fading after a couple of hours. But lately when I'm wearing it, it swims around me for ages, and if I smell the places I've sprayed, it's definitely detectable.

I doubt it's a skin chemistry change, or maybe I'm just smelling it better this time around, but perhaps the key with this girl is to spray her a few times over two separate occasions - when getting ready, and maybe re-applying as you leave the house, for that added oomph. I've stated on the PFE comments that I think PFE is probably worth the bit extra you spend, but I do have to say that perhaps I am preferring PF. There's a subtlety to it I really love, and the Extreme version is certainly woodier.

Also, it struck me that one of the feelings about this fragrance, even though it feels warm and sensuous and inviting and sunny, is that something about the ripeness, the greenness, reminds me of that pre-storm air smell. Ozone and leaf. It's really quite exciting. That's the feeling this fragrance gives me... anticipation, and life. And it is fruity and sea-side feeling without smelling cheap. There's some nuance to it and a note, not sure which one, which makes it smell incredibly classic and classy. I wish I knew what note is was - it's seductive and enthralling.

elseemoonz
elseemoonz

Philosykos is the more smooth, suave, and charming sister to this scent. Premier Figuier has the same fig and coconut, but they appear harsh and loud, and after a few hours the scent fades to an overpowering cheap sandalwood. Try Philosykos!

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I'm not sure I'm getting the punch line of fig perfumes.

After I wrote about Diptyque's Philosykos a couple of months ago, Yurpdod very kindly sent me this piece of information about fig perfumes in general: "When you're recreating a fig note, the two most basic components you need are aldehyde C10 and stemone. Stemone has a sort of bitter green smell, and aldehyde C10 smells very strongly of coconut. When they combine they smell exactly like fig. That's why you see coconut and fig together so often in fragrances, because you can't really have fig without coconut, as far as aromachemicals go."

Premier Figuier opens with a very strong green leaf smell, and yes, it smells of fig. I've never smelled an actual fig leaf (no possibility of cultivating fig trees hereabouts. Any that survived the first winter would immediately drown), but I know what leaves in general smell like, particularly when you crush them, and I know what figs smell like, so ok, there we are. And then, after maybe 20 minutes, it does begin to smell like a good, milky coconut. An hour or so later I smell cut grass and coconut; then I lose the grass and just get coconut for the rest of the day.

It's a pleasant series of smells, but since I lose the fig almost immediately, I wonder why I should pay so much for what is, essentially, the fragrance of suntan lotion. Does this happen to the rest of you? Fleeting fig and durable coconut? Or is my chemistry having fun with me?

I like Philosykos better.

Lana148
Lana148

Great fig fragrance.There are also others nice fig fragrances:

Acqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi - lemony fig.

Un Jardin En Mediterranee Hermes - sweet, ripen fig fruit.

Diptyque Philosykos is the most realistic fig tree/leaf scent.

L'artisan is a bit more "perfumey", less woody then Diptyque.

Bois Naufrage Parfumerie Generale similar to L'artisan and maybe even better.

Jardins de Kerylos Parfumerie Generale - baby brother of Philosykos, much gentler and sweeter.

freakypirate
freakypirate

Received a sample as part of the sample set by L'Artisan Parfumeur. I tested it for a day, another day and the next one too, emptying the tester vial, and decided to order a bottle. I could shower in this stuff! Actually, I do, because I keep spraying it on. I'm addicted. And I should have bought the 100ml bottle instead of the 50ml...

So, what is it that gets me so excited? The perfume opens very green, like cut grass and leaves and bark, very refreshing. After that, the fig starts to come along with a hint of fruitiness and the creamy coconut comes into play, completing the cocktail. The scent feels soothing for me and I think it is a perfect summer scent for days in the park or to the office.

Although I absolutely love the notes, I'm disappointed with the poor longevity (even for an EDT). After 2-3 hours the fig becomes less clear but is still there close to the skin. Sillage is soft to moderate.

To me, this is a gourmand, and makes me wonder what a cool sweet fig & creamy coconut milkshake would taste like. I should try and make one!

alexis.mascitti
alexis.mascitti

Ordered a sample of this last year along with several others for testing, and this was the one that I found weirdly addictive. So unlike other scents, it captures a both green freshness and sweet warmth - like sunlight filtering through leaves on a hot summer day. Sometimes I'm in the mood for that "freshness" being citrus notes, sometimes I prefer the freshness to be more green, and this is definitely the latter. I haven't tried the other fig fragrances that others have mentioned, so I can't offer comparisons, but this is a really nicely done fragrance.

Animato
Animato

Before I even tried this out I bought a couple of figs to do some "research". Well. Let's just say even though figs taste delicious the ones I bought didn't smell very much of... anything. So I am still ignorant concerning how well this perfume imitates the real deal. In any case. I love the journey it puts me through!

The top notes smell of frizzy and almost sharp leaf notes. Beautiful! If you ask me ; perfect for summer. It will develop within minutes into a coconutty and fleshy sweet scent, reminicent to me of exotic juice and salty air. Splendid. Premier Figuier is warm and fresh at the same time which makes me feel like I'm sunbathing. It's a remarkable feeling just by wearing a perfume and I like it.

It last only for a couple of hours on me, I get 3-5 hours of splendour before I reapply. If I keep my nose close to my skin though I can tell it is still there 6+ hours later.

alexborderie
alexborderie

This scent was recommended to me by my aunt who loves it. So I went to Barney's and got her a sample and ended up going back to buy my self a bottle.

I wear this scent all of the time. I like the scents that smell of an English garden and that's what this reminds me of. Like Sherwood forest on a beautiful summer day at 78 degrees. This scent is either loved or hated. I wear it to work during the day and I get compliments on it. Though it is a bit feminine, it can pass as very mature and masculine if combined with the right body chemistry and outfit.

I love this.

waternight
waternight

Opens very woody – dry sandalwood, VERY green fig leaves, and a faint touch of almond milk, sweetening it up just a hint. This is very green – almost grassy. After a minute, the stringy-pulpy-woody-ness softens a bit and light, fresh, creamy almond milk shows a bit more of its face. Make no mistake, however – the fibrous greenery of this scent is powerful, dominant, and never goes away. Thankfully, I am not getting the “dried fruits” that I got from Cartier Panthère, which was sickly, plastic sweet. After a few more minutes, this becomes even creamier and less aggressively green – almond milk and coconut intertwine with the woody backbone of the scent, and lend a sweet innocence and chastity to the scent. I’ve smelled a lot of scents like this one – fig, green, woody, almonds…so far, this one is the most well- and evenly-blended, as well as the most vegetal in nature. After a while, this takes on a slightly musky note, which keeps this from being TOO woody/green. Really well done!

lalaps
lalaps

This smells just like green leaves. It's so perky and fresh. It's not really my style, but I do like it. I've got most of my sample left if anyone's interested.

Aleksandja
Aleksandja

Reminds me of torn leaves and peeled potato. Nice milky, fuit quality commes through but only last a while before the whole thing fades away. Disappointed.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Three fig comparisons coming up!..

I've worn Philosykos since 2008 and it's my old faithful for summer days, so I've never felt the need for another fig. It was just yesterday I tested Premier Figuier for the first time, side-by-side with Buddha's Fig by Infusion Organique, so if you're a fig lover you might be interested in the comparisons.

Philosykos is definitely the most woody. Next to the other two its freshly snapped twig-sap green is very apparent. Premier Figuier is softer, milkier and lighter, less intensely green.

Buddha's Fig actually has more in common with Philosykos than Premier Figuier - that same green, twig-sap note, but in Buddha's Fig it's even drier, reminding me of a newly cut potato, very savoury - there's a touch of something mineral which reminds me of soil

Of all three, Philosykos and Buddha's Fig seem the most fig-like - if you're talking about a green fig plucked fresh from the tree, as opposed to the syrupy rich purple ripe variety you see in the shops more often.

I definitely know the difference as I lived in Greece for a year, and when I'd go for a walk to the sea I'd pick figs from two fig trees - the purple and the green. Purple are sweeter and more juicy, with more of the slightly decaying note you find in tropical fruit/flowers. The green fig is drier and far more savoury. Slightly dusty.

Premier Figuier seems the least photo realistic and the least green/dry. I think another reviewer mentioned that it's slightly 'wetter' and I agree. It's also a tiny touch sweeter,fruitier maybe creamier, though sweet doesn't describe the general smell.

As for my favourites - I think if you enjoy fig you'd enjoy all three, but since I'm a cedar-wood lover, it's still Philosykos for me, with Premier coming second because the mineral/metalic note in Buddha's Fig is less restful, which I think might make it more likeable for men, who might find the other two a little sweet and soft. All are totally unisex though.

Oliva Giacobetti is an amazing nose, and the inventor of the fig perfume, but Buddha's Fig is amazing for the low cost, so if you're on a tight budget I recommend it highly as an alternative to the other two.

Philosykos is the strongest, and if it's in EDP there's no contest

hippiechick13

I've experienced something new and beautiful with this fragrance. I feel speechless, yet there are particular feelings and visions that accompany this fragrance, a sense of excitement. It stirs something in me.

It's a scent of the sea, perhaps when I was a young girl in Marmaris on the shores of Turkey, but it is a scent more than tropical and sand, but something so unexpected and arresting:

I see green velvet, old beaded lampshades, dark wood in darker studies, leather bounded books. It's something perhaps a secretary such as myself would wear, or a 1930's librarian with a penchant for hidden bars and the taboo - cigarettes, liquor, sex. It's a fragrance for red lips as much as it is for ocean breakers. It recalls a time and a place hazy in my mind, visited once upon a time long ago. A reassuring mood. Old world as it certainly is, it conjures something faded and retro, and too, contemporary nostalgia. But there are summer evenings to be found here, truly. There is a steam and haze to this, an impression of smoke perhaps. It's telling me so many stories. It's truly a perfume made of miracle and fantasy.

It defies logic. It unfolds its story slowly, quietly, like a good thriller.

It feels seductive, frisky, cerebral and mysterious. It's marvellous.

Unpredictability tempered with a wonderful charm.

For the woman who is more than she seems.

A fragrance that feels like home.

On another note, I find it interesting that other writers have commented on its being relaxing, and wistful. It has both these qualities in abundance, even though it hugs the skin and doesn't shout.

Another thing that was interesting for me, is how much the coconut stands out. It's alluring and complex. But not too buttery or rich. The SA who I first discussed the product with smelled my wrist and was obviously numb to smells as he said he couldn't smell it on me and it would be gone in the hour, but I could definitely smell it - I had the impression that he and I had smelled too many perfumes, and I also had sprayed a little of the Ambre, which, as we know, is a much deeper and abiding fragrance and noticed before all others. However only a few minutes after speaking with that SA, as I browsed another counter, a SA there said "are you wearing coconut?" with this delighted look, and I told her that I was and that it was actually a fig perfume. She asked about it and I told her it was L'Artisan.

"As soon as you came up I could smell it. It's great, it smells like coconut, and so fresh!"

I don't know how they do it. But there's an elegance to it as it dries down that is what escapes me - it goes beyond words, and touches on the imagery I have divulged. A pleasant overall effect.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

A fig tree in a bottle. The opening of Premier Figuier is sparkling. There is the green part, conjuring the verdant fig leaves. The fig fruit is not far, emanating a milky sweetness. Then the coconut, the dried fruits and almonds join in, complement perfectly the milky sweetness of the fig. The whole composition remains ethereal and sheer like other l'Artisan Parfumeur creations, thus avoiding becoming cloying, but soothing and comforting. Along the wear, the woody components become more prominent, thus complete the 'fig tree' from top to bottom.

The sillage is very close to skin and the longevity is around 5 hours. Unlike Annick Goutal Ninfeo Mio or Hermès Un Jardin en Mediterannée that focus on the green fig leaves, or Thierry Mugler Womanity or Comptoir Sud Pacifique Coco Figue on the savoury fig fruits, Premier Figuier manages to recreate an abstract image of an entire 'fig tree', along with the leaves and fruits. A fig fan should definitely give it a try.

WendyMH
WendyMH

Lovely fresh green fig mixed with almond milk, coconut and a light touch of sandalwood. Not too sweet at all, just beautiful, fresh, garden of eden fignificence. Slightly more complex than Philosykos (which I also looooove) and not quite as heady. Beautiful scent for the day.

MLK
MLK

This one is just as good as Philosykos maybe because they are both created by Olivia Giacobetti. Both amazing fig fragrances.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

This is lovely. I love fig, coconut and Philosykos, this one is just another creation in that chain of fragrances.

I find it full of sandalwood, a little bit dry. I would not call it green, it's defenitely less green than Philosykos, definitely not as juicy and not as warm and round as the Extreme version. Drydown, on me, it's pure fig tree bark and sandalwood/paper dry almond flakes.
It doesn't have a great sillage.

If you like figs, this is just yet another creation to appreciate, however quite pricey.

zucchera
zucchera

Can´t feel this perfume at all after 20 minutes, and maybe it´s good because during the 20 minutes I could only feel the scent of green grass nothing else.

pravda48
pravda48

It's such a wonderful soft scent! Real fresh fig skin and true unsweetened milk right out of a coconut. Very realistic and beautiful, calming even. However it is so soft for the price! I'd really rather someone around me be able to smell the lovely bouquet I'm wearing too, so it's not quite a winner for me since I like what I wear to catch others' notice too.

ankama
ankama

This is such a lovely scent. When I first tried my sample on paper I wasn't too impressed and put it away. Then some months later I decided to test it on skin and really loved it! It's a green, elegant, sophisticated, refreshing and relaxing pefume all at the same time. Hard to believe? Just try it (on skin!). Works very well on these hot summer days. I had to have it right away and think it's a masterpiece.

tourmali45
tourmali45

Feminine fig scent because of the vibrant coconut note and a touch of almond. Those two make the whole composition creamier and not so sharp, although it stays non-sweet and pleasantly bitter. I'm comparing L'Atisan fig with the Molinard Fleur de Figuier which in my book is a more masculine fig scent.
I noticed that when I want a blast of freshness similar in effect to a breath of sharp cold air I reach for Molinard FdF, when I'd like a cosier and not so demanding fig scent - I use Premier Figuier.

raw umber
raw umber

Celina, if you feel that this perfume is like "being knocked out with a fig tree," you might want to do a comparison with Jo Malone's Wild Fig and Cassis. It is a wonderful, realistically direct scent, a very green and wet tree full of ripe, dark juicy figs. Premier Figuier is slightly more delicate and impressionistic composition, though it is a much cooler, greener fragrance than the sweet, ethereal and linear Philosykos, which conjures pale pink and lavender hues..

Fico Di Amalfi was my first fig fragrance experience, but after PF, Jo Malone, and Philosykos, I returned to this once beloved fragrance and realized the love had completely vanished.

Unlike the fig in Un Jardin en Mediterranee' by Hermes (my new favorite fig), which is augmented by tomato plants, herbs, flowers, and compost, Fico Di Amalfi portrays a sharp fig which has been skewed and distorted by its surrounding environment, creating an over-ripe, pungent quality which is both strong and muddy (mud not in the sense of wet earth, but in confusion).

PF is a very nice middle ground. It features the fig and fig tree, it's light and refreshing, but it also has an impressionistic composition, which accurately communicates the poetic aspect of the true to life experience. To do this is perhaps more of a feat than to create a true to life fig tree scent (JM), or to be able to distill the most pleasant, soft, and pure aspects of the fig fruit itself (Philosykos)... That is up to the wearer.

josemcampos
josemcampos

Very well balanced perfume. Sweet fig and fruity notes ieves it a young orientated and unisex perfume. Balanced slighty to the femenine side, I see a man can wearing it on the night, in a romantic dinner. One of the best fig perfumes I have ever tried. A classic one.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I love the topnotes of this fragrance, the green fig leaves and the tree and its roots, very refreshing and unexpected, but then these fig jam notes dart in and out and and the whole thing becomes heavy and wet smelling to me. Very interesting and since it was the first fig fragrance to feature the whole plant it's considered a "classic" I guess, but it's not wearable to me. I totally agree with MrsLetterO in her take on this one.

This fig fragrance smells too grassy! The fig leave is the leading note in it for sure. I'm not a fan of grassy fragrances, but it smells unusual enough.

Not my cup of tea, but I like the idea.

aidaida
aidaida

This is most sensual green, vegetal scent I know. Sensual and vegetal? Isn't it a contradiction? Well, in this case, it's not.
This fig scent is extremly natural, evokes the moment when a fig is broken from the branch of the tree and a drop of moisture arises. The scent of an ancient, prolifical vegetation, which is mellowed by the coconut and almond milk. These fragile notes are held together by the woods.
Innocent and sensual like the garden of Eden.
The Song of Songs goes like this:
"the lush foliage is our canopied bed,
the cedars are the beams of our bedroom chamber"

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

It never ceases to amaze me how different our experience of fragrance is. I just tried this out recently and I can't believe people have used words like "light" and "ethereal". On me first off it's an absolute Blast of whole fig tree with over-ripe cut fruit, broken leaves, stems, bark, and soil. It's earthy, almost shockingly so. I nearly wanted to wash it straight off. It settles down after about 30 minutes, the creamy slightly coconut feel begins to emerge. It's still rather fresh, but also dark, like you rolled on the ground at night under the tree, on top of the fallen fruit. I want to love it but it evades me, I'm more curious. I can smell it over and over but I don't want to wear it or smell of it. It's more of a work of art. An ode to fig trees.

dkny27
dkny27

A grassy fig, with a powdery backdrop of leaves and coconut. Vanilla would be a wonderful scent to layer with this. A niche that certainly speaks for itself and it develops even more beautifully as it is worn.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

This one reminds Omnia Bvulgari and Bissoumine a l'ombre du figuie...To me this is gently, sweet and very the pleasant scent. A little African. :)

TillyWave
TillyWave

Here's is my second review, because I did end up finding a reasonably priced bottle of the EDT.

The EDT concentration is a clearer interpretation of fig than the EDP. Here is a creamy coconut/fig note, with strong woods underneath, and a green that is SO green it reminds me of a fresh canteloupe rind snapped in half.

The lasting power is very good, however projection is nil if you're looking for that sort of thing. Also, I find this to be very, very linear, the scent doesn't change too much, it simply eventually fades out.

I am happy that I found my bottle, but because of it's linear-ness, I don't wear it as much as much as I thought I would. Very good none the less, especially for those of us who love wood-green fragrances. I still will not pay L'Artisan prices for any of their stuff--unless I win the lottery.

Louw
Louw

This is gorgeous. The fig is done just right - slightly green, slightly nutty, not overripe. Just beautiful.

However, on me it has no staying power whatsoever which is not good given that it's very expensive! My advice to fig-lovers is try Diptyque's Philosykos instead - it's also quite expensive but very similar and with much more staying power.

NiteAngel
NiteAngel

At first the almond milk is really present, leaving its place to a crisp leafy green reminding of a sunny summer day in the park. The fig is present yet discreet all wear long. Definitely my favorite from L’Artisan, which tends to have very distinctive scents, but this one is distinction up another level. Ideal for office/day wear, especially with the upcoming summer.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

This fragrance provides a full-on fig experience, fruits and leaves! It 'greens' over time, eventually morphing into an herby fragrant basil. It reminds me of a lady watering herbs at her kitchen window. Good silage, longevity 3/5.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

I'm so glad I got a sample of this! I could see owning a bottle.

On me? Starts off as a damp grassy green, as if I'm walking through a recently rained-on forest. Mellows to a woody fig. Not sensing any fruit notes on my skin. Just forest green and fig -- which I am enjoying the heck out of.

My only negative: wish it were a wee bit stronger, and lasted longer.

Affinity4FineFragrances
Affinity4FineFragrances

There is a "nutty" drydown note in this that just doesn't agree with me. I thought after purchasing a fig fragranced candle that I would enjoy smelling like one. Bad idea. I wanted to enjoy this fragrance, but after an hour all I ended up with was a headache. Epic Fail for me on this one.

lfmars98
lfmars98

This is a very nice scent. Starts out green and slightly soapy for about the first 30 minutes before drying down to a nice creamy coconut smell. Good sillage. I'm not sure about the longevity; I still smelled it on my skin 6 hours after I took a shower, so I think it's pretty good especially in the spring and summer. 8.25/10

Now that fig is all the rage, I suppose that every fig frag needs to reference the original, L'Artisan Parfumeur PREMIER FIGUIER, named evidently to commemorate the fact that it came first! How does it measure up, in retrospect?

To my nose, PREMIER FIGUIER is neither a floral fruity nor a gourmand but an oriental woody fragrance, for the fig combines with the almond to impart a mild spiciness to the whole woody-green mix. The woody note smells vaguely like that in BOIS FARINE: smooth, powdery, and dry.

I agree with Celina that the fig is here in its entirety, as though the entire fig tree was chopped up and soaked before distilling it down to its essence, presented here. The coconut adds a creaminess to this scent which really is not very sweet at all, thanks in part no doubt to the asafoetida, which happily is used only sparingly in this composition.

I like PREMIER FIGUIER more than some recent fig-focused fragrances that I've tried, but probably not enough to warrant adding it to my collection.

Rosario
Rosario

My favourite fig-based scent. Subtle, fresh, creamy, romantic, summery - the fig note is introduced elegantly, surrounded by green herbs and sweet white flowers. I prefer this to Phylosikos (sp?), which is a harsher, more resinous version of fig. Phylosikos was great as a room spray, but too dominant on my skin.

oopsfauxpas
oopsfauxpas

this could change, it probably will, but upon getting it 4 days ago it is winning like secretariat in my favorite perfume ever contest. i don't think ANY perfume has held that spot for 4 days.

it is just perfect.

i can't wait to try the edp, but i know they diddled w/the recipe for that one, and i really wish they hadn't.

i'll let you know.

Gosha
Gosha

Premier Figuier is fresh, somehow "herby" and lightly earthy and very green with a pinch of fruitiness.I would call it "green-woody-fruity" instead of "floral-fruity". Because I personally CAN see how this "captures the essence of the entire fig tree". With the green leaves, tree bark, fruits and perhaps even the roots (earthy). To me this scent brings very summery feelings and surprisingly there is also something almost "sea-breezy" in there. Quite often I find it difficult to detect lime in non-citrusy fragrances, but here I get the lime-coconut combo very strongly and I love it! (Some sources such as Luckyscent do not mention lime, but I am definitely getting it here). There is a touch of mellow sweetness in there as well that seems to tame to fresh/sharp green notes - and that might be the sandalwood.
Great for everyday wear...for the office or meetings, walk on the beach, lunch or afternoon drink...well...great for about anywhere! :-)
Unfortunately as with many of those light fragrances, the longevity is not good.

celina
celina

This scent should capture "the essence of the entire fig tree" .

Well, the first time I tried this scent I thought I was knocked out by a fig tree. The sharp green and woody notes are contrasted by the sweetness of coconut. Sorry, but this construction is unbalanced. The coconut proportion is not right.

After 20 min, finally, the green fig leaves note calms down, the sandalwood and a hint of almond come through.
Really, there is nothing else to say.

The only quality: it lasts longer than other L' Artisan scents.
Let me add something nice: I like the dry down, more subtle, soft, personal and ...friendly.

However, I like the Premier Figuier Extreme more. It is better balanced than the original. It is still green but warmer and more nuanced.

Final note: I would not consider them part of the best of L'Artisan, neither memorable for the fig inspired fragrances. There are much better choices out there.

Sorry, 5/10

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

It smells exactly like fresh plums. Innocent, cute and modern at the same time. Very upbeat!:)

verity
verity

This is a beautiful veil scent. I can wear this like a second skin, a barely there aura of something pleasant, and there is the fig. Quite a pure scent, not for making a statement, but it definitely makes a subtle impression.I think fig must suit my skin as I get many compliments on this and Phylosykos, but for me they are quite different versions of the same note. L'artisan is softer and hazier, and doesnt have the same kick as Phylosykos. I love this if I want to smell nice, but to leave people wonderin if or what I was wearing, perhaps in an interview or formal meeting, and at work when I dont want to overpower and still feel good.

dandy721
dandy721

I smell it on my friend very very light, i mean i love the fig scent i used to wear in summer days it reminds me my grandma garden in the summer time. This parfume is too light.I prefer Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma or Marc Jacobs Fig. They are not expencive and last more than this one

veruska
veruska

As eesija notes this is very light and ethereal. There's nothing wrong with that watercolor of fig fruit, but Philosykos i much more better on my skin that this is not needed.The fig leaf on the start is quite accurate but the fig fruit struggles with a deep resinous woody odor. The whole thing ends with a sweet gourmand thing but you reall have to stick your nose to your wrist to catch it.

essija
essija

This is so light it's almost non existant on my skin. Wow who would pay that price for nothing. Bottled air, unless I got a real bad sample vial. and it stinks on my skin, smells like old dirty dusty lamp shade. Very disappointed..

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Premier Figuier by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Premier Figuier by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.