Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Rose Privée L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men

herbal
Rose Privée L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men Pictures

Rose Privée by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Floral fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Rose Privée was launched in 2015. Rose Privée was created by Bertrand Duchaufour and Stephanie Bakouche. The fragrance features basil, lilac, carnation, hay, magnolia, may rose, patchouli, violet leaf and amber.

Basil Lilac Carnation Hay Magnolia May Rose Patchouli Violet Leaf Amber

Rosa e Pepe
Elisabethan Rose

Rose Privée Fragrance Reviews

suhaesa
suhaesa

this review is coming from a full 100 ml bottle edp that comes in a gift box with body cream and a shower gel in a big black gift box with fuchsia in lay
this reminds me of London UK so much.. the smell of may rose.. hay magnolia.. lilacs.. basil.. it reminds me of walking in the parks in spring time in lush english gardens.. it also reminds me of walking through Harrods knightsbridge perfume halls.. not the niche floors.. or the Roja dove room ..but the main downstairs huge halls ..it smells clean.. florally.. British..very British.. with hints of hay.. and the basil creeps up disturbing me even more.. and i start getting a bit lost ..in a simple floral ..its trying to be an edgy.. new age.. classic ...may rose.. with a twist... which is controversial.. and hard to grasp.. but is an ok ..beautiful composition.. that you just have to live with.. and feel confident wearing.. that people will say you smell clean.. decedent.. florally.. it doesn't have a heart but it has a sole ..
i am not a huge floral fan... but lately i have been trying so many.. trying to find one that will fit me ..i dont mind the grapefruit ..but i dont even smell it.. that much ..i rather smell a deeper herby accord.. with a bit of gassy/grassy base but i believe this gassy scent comes from many florals.. to my super sensitive nose..
its an expensive smelling rose.. if that makes any sense.. its a British royal rose.. not a very dense one ..but rather a fleeting one.. a fresh cut grass..where the sap edge pops up ..on my skin it turns to barn yard and smoke ..and a hint of citruce rose..on cloth or a handkerchief it smells heavenly.. clean.. crisp.. bright.. sophisticated ..i would like my sitting room or the entrance to my house to smell like this in spring time.. clean.. classy.. with that astringent quality.. that exudes the element of cleanliness.. and posh artificial modern day synthetics!!!... i am not sure if i can live with that though ..i already changed my mind about wanting to smell this all spring.. maybe one week in autumn !
those who love florals and those who dont love florals will find a definite twist in the simple yet intrinsic wanna be modern classic floral..can modern be classic ???..that is the question???...to be or not to be???... it is defiantly British.. reminds me of penhaligens and many of the British oriented florals with herbs..i tend to like my herbs and pepper in food ..and my roses in bouquets ..or the garden ..i am an amber y resinous balmy type of gal ..and i am trying my best to be as honest as i can ..i dont have much history with this perfume.. i am simply writing how i feel about it as i am smelling it right now with you ..to give it away or not?.. thats another question..i had it lying there for weeks.. wanting to have the courage to spray it.. and sample it.. to review it ..because i knew i bought it impuslvly and it was on a good offer from their original boutique so i couldn't resist the temptation i knew i would give it as a gift if i didn't like it ..but i kept delaying ..on my skin its very strange.. turns acidic/to nothingness really..hereby and gassy ..on the handkerchief it smells more refined.. and sophisticated ..in the air it fills the room with an opulence ..a finesse a sophistication..a clean ..modern day synthetic/natural rosy garden walk.. with fresh cut roses and green sap oozing out with hay and basil in the background..and a touch of benzine or ambery patch musky accord thats hardly there..it dries down to nothingness really just dusty old powder or nappy wipes..

i put it to the test.. i asked 4 people to smell it on my hand.. none knew any accords ..or even said rose ..some said cinnamon ..some said herbs... some said mm nothing oh what is this i dont know what this is !!..sprayed it to them in the handkerchief and they all said ahhh rose lemon ..nice !
so its really my skin chemistry.. that destroys the beauty of this humble rose..maybe i liked it because of the citrusy opening.. which i am craving lately.. and i want a rose that will suite me.. so for now i will smell it on clothes only !.. or give it away..at least i am not getting headaches from it.. which i do tend to get from some florals
ps
even in the handkerchief it does turn from that bright lemony rosy opening in to a more herby duller florally a bit ambery dustiness with a gassy quality ..but thats just my nose !

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

A tart but soft rose opening; has a lipstick quality. Fruity musk. A good fragrance if you want a soft, natural smelling rose; if you want something with more interest, not so much. Sillage is decent in the beginning but it really only lasts about an hour. I will enjoy my mini but feel no need to buy a bottle. A bit bland but quite pretty nonetheless.

luxbuyer
luxbuyer

ذهنیت

اگر مثل من با دیدن اسم این عطر و نگاه به بسته بندی و شیشه ی اون؛یاد بوی گلاب و مراسمات سنتی و اینجور فضاها افتادین؛فورا" توبه کنید و بابت این پیش داوری و قضاوت اشتباه از خانه ی ل آرتیزان و سازندگان این عطر معذرت خواهی کنید!

این عطر؛عطر رز به تفسیر خانه ی معظم ل آرتیزان هست که از زاویه ای دیگه رایحه ی این گل رو به نمایش گذاشته.حس رایحه ی رز با همراهی تمام روایحی که میتونن در طبیعت همراه و هم نشین رز باشن.

Rose Privée با حس گیاهی سبز؛تند؛پویا و غلیظ ریحان باز میشه که با قدرت تمام بر عطر حاکمه و حسی از گلهای سفید؛کمی؛فقط کمی به این سبزی پر عظمت؛لطافت و ملایمت بخشیده.گذشت زمان و بالا اومدن رایحه ی رز و شمعدانی فضای فلورال عطر رو تقویت میکنه و حس کرمی ضعیفی در حاشیه ی اون به جریان میندازه.
این عطر گیاهی سبز که فضایی فلورال اونو مشایعت میکنه؛لحظه لحظه بر زیباییهاش اضافه میشه و به سمت کمال میره تا اینکه در نقطه ی تلاقی فضای فلورال و فضای گیاهی؛به اوج شکوه و درخشش میرسه و تصویر شکفته شدن هزاران غنچه از گلهای مختلف در خنکای سپیده دم باغی بکر رو به ذهن متبادر میکنه.
گلهای خوش آب و رنگ تازه ای که همچون نگین بر بوته های سر سبز و با طراوت میدرخشن.بویی پیچیده از آمیزش سبزی گیاهی و لطافت گلی؛نافذ؛روشن؛شیرین؛تلخ و خیلی کم ترش.
این بوی زیبا و بدیع با گذشت زمان ضعیف تر میشه و شادابی و سبزی فضای گیاهی به سمت خشکی و خاک گرفته شدن میره و به مرور توسط رایحه ی گلها به حاشیه رفته و کم کم محو میشه.
هم زمان با این تغییر؛رایحه ی گلها با محوریت رز که اصلا شبیه گلاب نیست؛اگر چه قدرت بیشتری دارن اما تدریجا از قدرت اونها هم کاسته میشه و این نمایش زیبا به پایان میرسه.

Rose Privée یه تجربه ی دلچسب بود و هر چند نام و شیشه ی اون برام دافعه داشت و دست کم گرفتمش؛اما فضای زیبای اون حسابی سر ذوقم آورد و شیفته ی اون شدم.
یه کار بهاری لوکس و فاخر که پرده ها و تارهای گلاب گرفته ای که از رز در ذهنمون تنیده شدن رو کنار میزنه و تصویری پر نقش و نگار؛خوش آب و رنگ؛با نشاط؛طبیعی و زنده از رز و همراهان بهاری طبیعت نشین اون؛جایگزین اون تصورات میکنه.
اصلا کاری که بنام خانه ی ل آرتیزان باشه و نام عطار گزیده کار؛استفانی باکوش و استادی بنام برتراند دوشافو اونو خلق کرده باشن رو باید بدون هیچ گونه ذهنیت قبلی و پیش داوری؛امتحان کرد...
کامنت:م.ع

(سایت لوکس بایر (با امکان تست سمپل

Sheza
Sheza

Sampling thanks to a generous giveaway....such a fragile little thing. I get a pink garden rose melding with lilac and violet. I really cant pick up the basil. Skin scent that didnt last more than the hour

jtd
jtd

Stéphanie Bakouche’s sensational Invasion Barbare for Parfums MDCI is a hard act to follow, and it’s worth considering that early-career success is not without its downside. The expectation following a Luca Turin 5-star rating of a first perfume is stratospheric. Rose Privée is Backouche’s second perfume, released a full ten years after Invasion Barbare and co-authored by Bertrand Duchaufour, cited by l’Artisan as Bakouche’s mentor. In the intervening years she’s been at the heart of the l’Artisan Parfumeur line, first as a Trainer and then as a Fragrance Development Manager and Perfumer.

The opening of Rose Privée is pure color. Pink rose, silver-green violet, white and pink grapefruit, green basil. But mostly pink, as in pretty. Not as unabashedly pretty as Drole de Rose or as self-possessed as Safran Troublant, Olivia Giacobetti’s two roses for l’Artisan, but Rose Privée is charming and fits the l’Artisan aesthetic. Rose and violet, a classic ‘makeup’ pairing, hint at lipstick but Rose Privée is far from the plumped and ready-for-battle lips of Incarnata‘s cold violet.

The rose of the topnotes is brief but bright, creating an olfactory effect similar to a cinematic lens flare followed by a hazed washout. The eau de parfum fades to violet via lilac, all the while suggesting a range of watercolor pinks and purples. The topnotes are gentle but as they meld into a sweeter, sharper lilac-magnolia accord, the rose seems more fragile than soft. The directness of the synthetic tone easily outpaces any attempt at a full-fleshed natural appearance, which is not necessarily a failure in a perfume. But for one that puts “Rose” in klieg lights and sells itself as a rose de mai, the transition from the topnotes to the musky-berry heartnotes has the feeling of deflation. Streamlined, abstract tones take precedence over verisimilitude to rose and the topnotes blow away in the breeze. Post-rose, the perfume is linear.

The ‘basenotes’ are a better indicator of the perfume’s intention. A calibrated woody-musky shape forms the skeleton of the fragrance. It recalls a softer version of the the finish Duchaufour has applied to many of his woody-florals like Dzongkha or Sienne d’Hiver, but without his signature incense. The odd thing, though, is that unlike the radiance and durability that the Duchaufour treatment usually gives a perfume, evanescence is Rose Privée’s chief trait. The whole experience of the eau de parfum lasts about 2 hours, after which it’s gone without a trace.

If you’re looking for a long-lasting or thorny rose, Rose Privée won’t suit you. But worn as a buoyant, floral version of an eau de cologne, it fits the bill. The rose de mai burns off like the citrus of an eau de cologne and the musky sweetness floats until it fades.

Jenavira
Jenavira

At first it has an intriguing grapefruit-y herbal rose thing going on, but on me the patchouli takes over, and well now I am mainly just getting patchouli.

smellagent
smellagent

I almost always love rose frags but this on me is more hay carnation and basil. On my skin the rose just disappears. Now I know when someone says it disappeared I get it. If the rose stuck around I would like it but not for me

Ivyswirl
Ivyswirl

Kept seeing this in tkmaxx,was lucky enough to find a tester in York and thank god I did as this just didn't work for me! It smelled like gas! If I sprayed it near the cooker I'm sure I'd start getting worried as it smells like I've got a leak!
Pass!!

Albee
Albee

Can't find any L'atisan counter in M'sia, So I asked my friend to bring it back from France. Just got mine and cant wait to try it out.

The first note was really strong citrus. I can't smell any rose in it. But to me it is very similar to Jo Malone Silk Blossom after a while.. does anyone feel the same here?

archivist
archivist

I am really, really hard to fit when it comes to rose perfumes. I have tried so, so many over the years, and the only one that absolutely starts and stays perfect on my skin is Sa Majeste La Rose, and its somewhat younger counterpart ELDO Eau de Protection. Those two are so similar that I don't need both, really - but they're also so different that I just can't settle on one or the other. So I have both. I only sample other roses now, knowing pretty well they won't function on me.

And then, voila. Rose Privee is a very nice light pink rose, and I love the basil (a rather minty basil, in my nose) and violet leaf. It reminds me in tenor of Penhaligon's Elisabethan Rose, which is also light and pink - but it is powdery where Rose Privee is garden fresh.

Very well might be FBW.

Back to edit: NEVER MIND. Has no tenacity, lasted less than an hour. So disappointing when a perfume is all top and no heart or base. Really bummed about this. After an hour it just smells very vaguely rosy, like a box of pads.

Bouquet
Bouquet

Once I got over the opening note of sharp citrus (must be grapefruit, since it generally doesn't play well on my skin, although the notes list "green mandarine") and hay, it morphed into a lovely subtle fresh rose that stays close to the skin and lasts for 5 hours. So I dunno...is a full bottle worth that 5 minute opening of cat pee?

littlest_lemon
littlest_lemon

I think I'm just crazy for rose fragrances, because Rose Privee smells like home to me. There's something citrusy about the opening, and then it's just lush, wet rose for the next twelve hours. I'm in love.

nebbe
nebbe

Spritzed some on this afternoon while shopping, and it turned on me immediately. Bank of England, indeed.
Honestly, it's probably my chemistry, and now that i look at the notes i see the area bunch I typically dislike. Herbal florals are not my thing.
Next!

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

I have a lot of respect for this house, given it still is Bertrand Duchaufour's playground and creative haven, but whoever decided to go for such ghastly packaging (I am talking about the box not the bottle) should be sacked. The box is neither brown, nor pink (looks like vomit) and it has the pink rose imagery running across.
The sticker on the bottle is also a departure as it goes all over several corners that I actually find quite original (however some bottles are not stickered neatly, so you may find some people regard it as "tacky").
I do hope this house will not change the bottle style or shape as it is rather iconic in my book. However, even the most iconic packages (Coke bottle) have undergone amendments over time. I love the heavy bottle top cap and the engraved brand name on the glass: pure class!

Now the juice: Very pleasant, green and fresh English rose, the type of full bodied, multi-petaled one, that keeps going and going. The magnolia gives it a slightly exotic kick and the basil/ violet leaf accord the spicy, deep aromatic punch.

A lovely abundant bouquet but nothing we have not smelled before in a different version or take. Go through Hyde Park in early summer and smell the lilacy, purple pink English roses and THIS is what you get.

10/10 for a Reference Summer Rose for Scent and bottle design. -1/10 for box/ packaging!!

blondieismynameo
blondieismynameo

This review is from a sample, so dabbed on rather than sprayed. It opened with a grapefruit-citrus note, which dissipated fairly quickly into a lovely rose. Carnation and white flowers (the information says magnolia and lilac) mix with the rose. Finally, I got a herbal, musky scent- smells great! It reminded me of roses growing near a kitchen garden.

reinevp
reinevp

All I smell is musk. None of the other notes, and certainly not rose. I detest musk. I couldn't get this off fast enough. What a disappointment. Glad I sampled.

Roshap
Roshap

i agree with froukebo that the opening definitely smells like grapefruit, specifically the rind. in my experience that bitterness dissipates quickly, leaving a fresh herbal floral.

froukebo
froukebo

I received a sample and the first thing I did was smell the little bottle. I was so excited! It smelled wonderful to me, fresh, clean, springy and rosy. I sprayed some in the air and wow, I loved it! Then I sprayed it on myself and gone was the fresh clean springy rosy scent. All I could smell was a citrus, almost like grapefruit. How is this possible??? I am so so very disappointed because I really adore the smell in the bottle. I even tried spraying it just on the 'cooler' parts of my body (tops of my hands) but I still get grapefruit. I wish I understood what is going on here, so frustrated!!! But I've put it away and will try again next week, because I really, really, really want to be able to wear this beautiful scent!
Update: I went ahead and bought a bottle because I love this smell. I spray it on clothing and handkerchiefs and my pillow. As long as it doesn't toch my skin, it's perfect, a perfect spring smell!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Rose Privée fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Rose Privée, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rose Privée by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rose Privée by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.