Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Rose Privée L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men
dislike

herbal
Rose Privée L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men Pictures

Rose Privée by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Floral fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Rose Privée was launched in 2015. Rose Privée was created by Bertrand Duchaufour and Stephanie Bakouche. The fragrance features basil, lilac, carnation, hay, magnolia, may rose, patchouli, violet leaf and amber.

Basil Lilac Carnation Hay Magnolia May Rose Patchouli Violet Leaf Amber

Rosa e Pepe

Rose Privée Fragrance Reviews

jtd
jtd

Stéphanie Bakouche’s sensational Invasion Barbare for Parfums MDCI is a hard act to follow, and it’s worth considering that early-career success is not without its downside. The expectation following a Luca Turin 5-star rating of a first perfume is stratospheric. Rose Privée is Backouche’s second perfume, released a full ten years after Invasion Barbare and co-authored by Bertrand Duchaufour, cited by l’Artisan as Bakouche’s mentor. In the intervening years she’s been at the heart of the l’Artisan Parfumeur line, first as a Trainer and then as a Fragrance Development Manager and Perfumer.

The opening of Rose Privée is pure color. Pink rose, silver-green violet, white and pink grapefruit, green basil. But mostly pink, as in pretty. Not as unabashedly pretty as Drole de Rose or as self-possessed as Safran Troublant, Olivia Giacobetti’s two roses for l’Artisan, but Rose Privée is charming and fits the l’Artisan aesthetic. Rose and violet, a classic ‘makeup’ pairing, hint at lipstick but Rose Privée is far from the plumped and ready-for-battle lips of Incarnata‘s cold violet.

The rose of the topnotes is brief but bright, creating an olfactory effect similar to a cinematic lens flare followed by a hazed washout. The eau de parfum fades to violet via lilac, all the while suggesting a range of watercolor pinks and purples. The topnotes are gentle but as they meld into a sweeter, sharper lilac-magnolia accord, the rose seems more fragile than soft. The directness of the synthetic tone easily outpaces any attempt at a full-fleshed natural appearance, which is not necessarily a failure in a perfume. But for one that puts “Rose” in klieg lights and sells itself as a rose de mai, the transition from the topnotes to the musky-berry heartnotes has the feeling of deflation. Streamlined, abstract tones take precedence over verisimilitude to rose and the topnotes blow away in the breeze. Post-rose, the perfume is linear.

The ‘basenotes’ are a better indicator of the perfume’s intention. A calibrated woody-musky shape forms the skeleton of the fragrance. It recalls a softer version of the the finish Duchaufour has applied to many of his woody-florals like Dzongkha or Sienne d’Hiver, but without his signature incense. The odd thing, though, is that unlike the radiance and durability that the Duchaufour treatment usually gives a perfume, evanescence is Rose Privée’s chief trait. The whole experience of the eau de parfum lasts about 2 hours, after which it’s gone without a trace.

If you’re looking for a long-lasting or thorny rose, Rose Privée won’t suit you. But worn as a buoyant, floral version of an eau de cologne, it fits the bill. The rose de mai burns off like the citrus of an eau de cologne and the musky sweetness floats until it fades.

Jenavira
Jenavira

At first it has an intriguing grapefruit-y herbal rose thing going on, but on me the patchouli takes over, and well now I am mainly just getting patchouli.

smellagent
smellagent

I almost always love rose frags but this on me is more hay carnation and basil. On my skin the rose just disappears. Now I know when someone says it disappeared I get it. If the rose stuck around I would like it but not for me

Ivyswirl
Ivyswirl

Kept seeing this in tkmaxx,was lucky enough to find a tester in York and thank god I did as this just didn't work for me! It smelled like gas! If I sprayed it near the cooker I'm sure I'd start getting worried as it smells like I've got a leak!
Pass!!

Albee
Albee

Can't find any L'atisan counter in M'sia, So I asked my friend to bring it back from France. Just got mine and cant wait to try it out.

The first note was really strong citrus. I can't smell any rose in it. But to me it is very similar to Jo Malone Silk Blossom after a while.. does anyone feel the same here?

archivist
archivist

I am really, really hard to fit when it comes to rose perfumes. I have tried so, so many over the years, and the only one that absolutely starts and stays perfect on my skin is Sa Majeste La Rose, and its somewhat younger counterpart ELDO Eau de Protection. Those two are so similar that I don't need both, really - but they're also so different that I just can't settle on one or the other. So I have both. I only sample other roses now, knowing pretty well they won't function on me.

And then, voila. Rose Privee is a very nice light pink rose, and I love the basil (a rather minty basil, in my nose) and violet leaf. It reminds me in tenor of Penhaligon's Elisabethan Rose, which is also light and pink - but it is powdery where Rose Privee is garden fresh.

Very well might be FBW.

Back to edit: NEVER MIND. Has no tenacity, lasted less than an hour. So disappointing when a perfume is all top and no heart or base. Really bummed about this. After an hour it just smells very vaguely rosy, like a box of pads.

Bouquet
Bouquet

Once I got over the opening note of sharp citrus (must be grapefruit, since it generally doesn't play well on my skin, although the notes list "green mandarine") and hay, it morphed into a lovely subtle fresh rose that stays close to the skin and lasts for 5 hours. So I dunno...is a full bottle worth that 5 minute opening of cat pee?

littlest_lemon
littlest_lemon

I think I'm just crazy for rose fragrances, because Rose Privee smells like home to me. There's something citrusy about the opening, and then it's just lush, wet rose for the next twelve hours. I'm in love.

nebbe
nebbe

Spritzed some on this afternoon while shopping, and it turned on me immediately. Bank of England, indeed.
Honestly, it's probably my chemistry, and now that i look at the notes i see the area bunch I typically dislike. Herbal florals are not my thing.
Next!

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

I have a lot of respect for this house, given it still is Bertrand Duchaufour's playground and creative haven, but whoever decided to go for such ghastly packaging (I am talking about the box not the bottle) should be sacked. The box is neither brown, nor pink (looks like vomit) and it has the pink rose imagery running across.
The sticker on the bottle is also a departure as it goes all over several corners that I actually find quite original (however some bottles are not stickered neatly, so you may find some people regard it as "tacky").
I do hope this house will not change the bottle style or shape as it is rather iconic in my book. However, even the most iconic packages (Coke bottle) have undergone amendments over time. I love the heavy bottle top cap and the engraved brand name on the glass: pure class!

Now the juice: Very pleasant, green and fresh English rose, the type of full bodied, multi-petaled one, that keeps going and going. The magnolia gives it a slightly exotic kick and the basil/ violet leaf accord the spicy, deep aromatic punch.

A lovely abundant bouquet but nothing we have not smelled before in a different version or take. Go through Hyde Park in early summer and smell the lilacy, purple pink English roses and THIS is what you get.

10/10 for a Reference Summer Rose for Scent and bottle design. -1/10 for box/ packaging!!

blondieismynameo
blondieismynameo

This review is from a sample, so dabbed on rather than sprayed. It opened with a grapefruit-citrus note, which dissipated fairly quickly into a lovely rose. Carnation and white flowers (the information says magnolia and lilac) mix with the rose. Finally, I got a herbal, musky scent- smells great! It reminded me of roses growing near a kitchen garden.

reinevp
reinevp

All I smell is musk. None of the other notes, and certainly not rose. I detest musk. I couldn't get this off fast enough. What a disappointment. Glad I sampled.

Roshap
Roshap

i agree with froukebo that the opening definitely smells like grapefruit, specifically the rind. in my experience that bitterness dissipates quickly, leaving a fresh herbal floral.

froukebo
froukebo

I received a sample and the first thing I did was smell the little bottle. I was so excited! It smelled wonderful to me, fresh, clean, springy and rosy. I sprayed some in the air and wow, I loved it! Then I sprayed it on myself and gone was the fresh clean springy rosy scent. All I could smell was a citrus, almost like grapefruit. How is this possible??? I am so so very disappointed because I really adore the smell in the bottle. I even tried spraying it just on the 'cooler' parts of my body (tops of my hands) but I still get grapefruit. I wish I understood what is going on here, so frustrated!!! But I've put it away and will try again next week, because I really, really, really want to be able to wear this beautiful scent!
Update: I went ahead and bought a bottle because I love this smell. I spray it on clothing and handkerchiefs and my pillow. As long as it doesn't toch my skin, it's perfect, a perfect spring smell!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Rose Privée fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Rose Privée, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rose Privée by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rose Privée by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.