Designers » L » Oriental Floral « Groups

Seville a l'aube L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men

Seville a l'aube L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men
dislike

beeswax
Seville a l'aube L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men Pictures Seville a l'aube L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men Pictures Seville a l'aube L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men Pictures

The story behind the fragrance, from The Perfume Lover book by Denyse Beaulieu:

"I am in Seville, standing under a bitter orange tree in full bloom in the arms of Román, the black-clad Spanish boy who is not yet my lover. Since sundown, we’ve been watching the religious brotherhoods in their pointed caps and habits thread their way across the old Moorish town in the wake of gilded wood floats bearing statues of Christ and the Virgin Mary. This is the Madrugada, the longest night of Holy Week, and the whole city has poured into the streets: the processions will go on until the dawn sky is streaked with hunting swallows. In the tiny white-washed plaza in front of the church, wafts of lavender cologne rise from the tightly pressed bodies. As altar boys swing their censers, throat-stinging clouds of sizzling resins – humanity’s millennia-old message to the gods – cut through the fatty honeyed smell of the penitents’ beeswax candles.

Under the silver-embroidered velvet of her dais, the Madonna, crystal tears on her cheek, tilts her head towards the spicy white lilies and carnations tumbling from her float. She is being carried into the golden whorls of a baroque chapel, smoothly manoeuvred in and out, in and out, in and out – they say the bearers get erections as they do this – while Román’s hand runs down my black lace shift and up my thigh to tangle with my garter-belt straps. His breath on my neck smells of blond tobacco and the manzanilla wine we’ve been drinking all night – here in Seville, Holy Week is a pagan celebration: resurrection is a foregone conclusion and there is no need to mourn or repent. As the crowd shifts to catch a last sight of the float before the chapel doors shut behind it, the church exhales a cold old-stone gust. I am in the pulsing, molten-gold heart of Seville, thrust into her fragrant flesh, and there is no need for Román to take me to bed at dawn: he’s already given me the night."

Seville a l'aube was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour.

Petitgrain Olive Blossom

Lavender Orange Blossom Beeswax Tobacco

Benzoin Olibanum

Neroli blanc Intense Eau de Parfum

Seville a l'aube Fragrance Reviews

MadMadamMimm
MadMadamMimm

Darn, lavender and orange blossom is my idea of Elysium, but all I get is incense and petitgrain, with a bit of honey. A pretty smell, just not the one Ihoped for. I'm just glad I smelled it rather than blind buying it.

vmarshmellow
vmarshmellow

Wow! I love this fragrance. It is supposed to tell a story but honestly I just don't care about that type of artistry. The nose wants want the nose wants.

I love orange blossom fragrances but this is not an orange blossom soliflore. The orange blossom is smooth without a trace of the sharp soapy character of so many orange blossom fragrances. It is almost candied but not so much as to make it a feminine scent. I also detect the scent of the orange oil from the orange peel. I would not call this unisex either or even masculine. Perhaps an assexual chameleon? I think it is very much a scent that will adapt to your body chemistry to suit a man or a woman equally well. On a woman it lacks the sharp notes to smell like a man's citrus cologne, on a man it finds an ideal balance of sweetness like a musk can (it's not a musk) that can sweeten the scent of a man without feminizing him.

I detect a very subtle hint of incense. The vanilla is obviously there but I did not note it until I read the notes. It enhances rather then overpowers. What jumps to the forefront is the gorgeous gourmand-ish beeswax. Seriously I want to eat that note even though I know from experience that eating the beeswax from the honey jar is not actually pleasant. That smell is what beeswax should taste like. Take a note honey bees.

milicica
milicica

...and Gioachino Rossini would be proud!

Migotka
Migotka

To be honest, the story behind this fragrance has not really captured my attention and to me is completely irrelevant- the story was very self-centred, and I prefer to connect with my perfume on a personal level, not through someone else's adventures and love affairs.

I will review Seville a l'Aube for what it is- one of the most amazing summer scents. Duchaufour is a real artist- I have not tested a single perfume from him that I would not appreciate at least, and all his creations for Artisan have been nothing less than masterpieces. Seville is centred around petit grain, and it has been the type of petit grain scent I have been looking for a long time, not cologne-type masculine scent. It starts with a burst of petit grain and the most beautiful lavender, sweetened with honey and orange blossom. The dry down is gorgeous and I can't stop sniffing my wrist, it's so addictive.

I would not recommend blind buying, as it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you like Duchaufour and Artisan's style, it would be really worth to give it a go.

Yohji
Yohji

It is impossibly hard to write this review, as the story behind the creation of Seville a l'aube is not a simple one. It’s more like disclosing the characters of two very passionate and talented people, like Denyse Beaulieu and well-loved by me Duchaufour, who’s minds gave a birth of this beautiful fragrance-child.

All beautiful stories are dramatic, no matter how happy they are, and somewhat happening at dawn and… somewhat connected with certain ritual and ceremony – the light of the night, the mental excitement of the crowd, everyone’s ecstasy is absorbing you as whole gigantic body. Candles, burning incense on backstage, while you drunk from deep night blooming neroli and olive blossom with its slightly herbal licorice-ish aftertaste.
Why I simply didn’t just write a word "WOW" a hundred times I don’t know. Seville is most lasting and projecting among my L’artisans as well, and yes, most unique.
Creates irresistible impulse to fall in love though, so be careful…

bibibling
bibibling

I was waiting to use my sample while reading the book but I simply couldn't wait any longer!

This one is one that I would label "strangely familiar yet strangely exotic!"

The benzoin is the first thing that hits me and there is this very smoky feeling in the flavor of the "sweetness of an orange" but without actually being sweet that's really interesting to my nose. And the cleanness of the lavender somehow pulls this into unisex category.

It reminds me of walking outside on a warm summer night when the day was really hot and sweaty and finally it's cool now and there's an amazing orange blossom scented breeze...

Try before you buy - the benzoin+tobacco combo might feel cloying to some.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - benzoin, beeswax, tobacco and orange blossom in one cohesive mix.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I do get noticed, It garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 24hrs consistently

#10

LNelly
LNelly

Neroli, petitgrain, orange peel, dry woods. Definitely indolic -- I get a weird corn/hay note with a vague feed lot feel, or maybe a very dry grass-filled cow pattie. I do sense some incense in the background. Read another review somewhere that there is a pickle note in lots of L'Artisan, and I did sense this once I could focus on it. Drydown is pretty sweet, in a pleasant way. An interesting little journey, but not something I'd wear regularly.

din26
din26

not for me. begins with salad dressing (citrus, olive oil) and ends with vanilla pudding. any tobacco note is swallowed up and i never found the lavender though under the heavy vanilla, beeswax, honey combo it may have been there. not offensive but v different from what i expected and no incense at all.

atlaseetschristmas
atlaseetschristmas

Growing up in Florida, I have a bit of a soft spot for orange blossom. During the right time of year one is bound to stumble across some orange trees giving off the scent so I have a lot of childhood associations and thusly nostalgia. Sevilla A Laube does a good job at conjuring up that nostalgia in a way thats not overly feminine or bland. It opens up sunny and sweet with a nice orange blossom and honey combo that smells like high class gourmet froot loops. The texture is very thick and balmy, borderline unctuous. This top is very friendly and almost effeminate in it's agreeableness. Underneath all of this is a dark, deep, smoky incense/lavender combination that starts as a whisper and grows in volume as the fragrance dries down. Eventually most of the sweetness fades away and the drydown is a pleasant combination of beezwax, incense, and a very soft lavender. Theres still quite a big dose of orange blossom from the opening but it's strange how the other notes sort of hollow-out the floral aspect from the inside out. I wear this very rarely and I don't see any need to get a full bottle but I have a decent sized sample and I enjoy sniffing it and wearing it around the house when I feel like thinking about Florida stuff. It performs nicely and is, in my opinion fairly unisex. 7/10

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

Just got a sample of this, and my first impression is that its way too sweet. I love orange blossom scents, but like them more on the bitter side. The orange blossom is almost overpowered by the sweetness here. I intend to give it another try though!

Steleale
Steleale

I spent part of my honeymoon in Sevilla during the Holy Week. Romanticism, mysticism, fun and enjoyment were in the air. Wherever me and my husband walk, we both got the amazing smell of blooming orange trees... If this frag catch THAT smell, it will be for ever the smell of my honeymoon contain in a bottle... I wish I could test it asap, can't wait!!!

imogene
imogene

This is so light hearted. It brightens your day and your mood. I get lots of compliments on this one. Lovely and light and joyful. I love Spain and can well understand why this fragrance was created to celebrate a lover and orange groves in Seville. You could wear this to church after making love with the Spanish boy and still manage to feel clean and virginal. I love this fragrance. Sexy ans still so clean..

Tara1
Tara1

I love orange blossoms!

One of my favorite things is driving in my car with the windows down, warm air filled with the sweet, fragrance of orange blossoms in their full bloom.....such a sublime experience.
Rather intoxicating.

Seville a L'Aube opens with beautiful orange blossoms.

Loving it!

adhiraj_chaki@yahoo.co.in
adhiraj_chaki@yahoo.co.in

In this part of the world, in the month of October, when temperature gradually starts cooling, after the long summers and monsoons, when the sky becomes cloudless, when the dew starts falling over the monsoon fed green grasses, we use to have Durga Pujas. The much awaited festival here. We all, in new dresses, go out with friends at night for Pandal hopping. After a whole night tour, tired we return to our home, at dawn. At this time the Osmanthus trees in this city are in full bloom. The smell of the Osmanthus, mixed with camphor,the incense, the flowers used in the puja, is intoxicating. Those dawns have special impact on us. Dawn itself has a freshness, but at the same time we feel tire, after a whole sleepless night, though well spent.

Seville a l'Aube, exactly makes me feel the same, it's absolutely a dawn after a sleepless night, change the Osmanthus with Orange blossom, and u nail it.It's more than a perfume, it's a feeling a very well crafted one, I must say.

The Orange blossom is wrapped under the arms of green and dewy leaves, exactly what you get from these flowers when they are still on trees. The Beeswax and Benzoin layers it well and creates a sensuous (not sexy) feel. I have never been in Spain, but I can relate this smell with every word of the story. It is absolutely something to try.

Sillage: Soft to Moderate
Longevity on my skin: Easily 8+ hours
Longevity on cloth: Here is something to get amazed. It stays more on my skin than on fabric. On Fabric it is approximately 6+ Hours.
Occasion: It's a mood lifter, you can wear it anywhere. It's gorgeous. It's inclined more toward feminine zone, but men also can easily wear it, more for daytime casual occasions. It's not girlish sweet.

Eos
Eos

An orange blossom dressed in green.

The first very few minutes of Seville a l'aube are my favorite. Dabbing it from my sample vial, I get a giant, dusky orange blossom and something oriental. This is how I had imagined it would be and I was very excited.

However, the rest of the wear time is filled with a large dose of lavendar, tobacco, astringent petit grain and something that doesn't actually smell like beewax but rather alludes to the texture of it. The orange blossom tries to fight its way through, but isn't able to compete with the green-herbal-woody facets.

To my surprise, I never got much benzoin or honey as has been reported here. Contrary to reviews below, I didn't find this very sweet at all. The drydown is a hazy, dusky indistinct floral and herbal with smooth woody undertones. Occasionally this haze is broken up by a brief waft of something that is probably the olibanum note, its smells faintly like an evergreen resin--piney and sharp.

Overall, I would say this is a very nice fragrance, but on my skin this reads more like a feminine leaning fougere composition than an oriental floral. Its a like but not a love for me. Blind buying is strongly discouraged simply because my experience with this was so different from what I had anticipated.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

Seville à l'Aube est une fleur d'oranger très atypique. Là où l'on s'attendrait à trouver une fraîcheur estivale, avec un accord ordinaire d'agrumes et de notes florales jasminées, Seville à l'Aube prend le contre-pied de nous emmener vers la chaleur presque étouffante d'un été espagnol...Ici la fleur d'oranger semble enrobée de miel: sucrée, sensuelle, charnelle, elle transporte dans un autre univers...
Personnellement, je me sens plus à l'aise de porter ce parfum en hiver car il me semble trop lourd dès qu'il fait chaud. Il est chaleureux et réconfortant, tout en restituant le soleil qui nous manque par temps froid.
Une très beau parfum.

suzrwin
suzrwin

A bright orange marmalade drizzled over a large bowl of honeycomb. I get some petitgrain and a hint of lavender, but I don't find this especially balanced or enjoyable, although it is not to the point of being a scrubber. I'll use up my 2 mls when the mood strikes me, and then move on to something that is a little more me.

muzzbait
muzzbait

dainty, delicate and pleasant. for me, the citrus mixing with the beeswax and resin creates a slight 'off' note for me. not my favourite l'artisan perfume but i can see how others love it...

Kayse
Kayse

Neroli, lavender, insence and honey. Mad crazy love for me...
It's exactly like sticking your nose into the bundle of scents on the above listed scent pyramid. EXACTLY. Neroli is amazing in nature and this adds in delicious honey comb and insence to make it even more intoxicating. I'm testing in winter and loving it, it's going to be amazing when things heat up!

I thought I wrote a review for this two years ago, but I guess it was only written in my mind.

Seville a l'Aube is an unforgettable beauty. It starts out zesty, like lemon peel and orange leaves. The scent of orange blossoms blend seamlessly with the sweet beeswax to curb the tanginess.

The perfume's base is heavily anchored with incense. When I first wore it, without knowing the notes ahead of time, I thought it was my imagination until my dad said, "You smell like a hippy"--a comment he had only ever made after smelling Revlon's Ciara on me.

As beautiful of a sunny orange flower perfume Seville a l'Aube is, it always reminds me of a dark place underground, like catacombs or secret passages to medieval castles. Something about it is like a dark fairytale.

msanishvili
msanishvili

I get the sticky, cloying bubblegum smell of orange blossom in the top and middle. It never really goes away. Too sweet for me.

nastyamason
nastyamason

Huge disappointment from this blind buy. Based on the notes, reviews, perfumer, I was sure I would at least like it but it is a big miss for me. Orange blossom is screaming here, I was hoping for beeswax, like I smell in Zagorsk, but cannot detect it here. My mood just dropped after application of Seville. I wish I have got Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger instead, with that one I was concerned based on reviews, got a sample and loved it. I am going to offer Seville to my mom and if she refuses, it will be up for swap.

ian85
ian85

Beautiful! I love it. Not old at all, a very original one, in Duchaufour's way. Orange blossom, beewax, lavender... Sweet, almost medicinal. very good longevity and moderate sillage, totally unisex.

vicknasty
vicknasty

This is syrupy and cloying and smells so synthetic. It smells like Fruity Pebbles. I mean, sure, I still like it. But Lutens' Fleurs d'Oranger is so far superior, it's like comparing appleblossoms to orangeblossoms. This one doesn't even come close.

archivist
archivist

I get a ton of honey out of this one, and of course the powerful bubblegum smell of orange blossom. This actually reminds me of three-ingredient fruit dip (if you haven't had it, you're in for a treat): soft cream cheese, a jar of marshmallow fluff, and a few tablespoons of orange juice. Blend, add citrus zest if desired. Also makes a fantastic french toast stuffing or light/fluffy frosting for carrot cake.

This is probably too sweet for a full bottle for me, but I will enjoy my 2 ml sample down to the last drop, I'm sure.

latelittlesleeper
latelittlesleeper

I was going to say that this one smells incredibly dated, but it was launched in 2012?

Smells like an '80s scent. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's from a sort of fresh, green, peppery aesthetic from the time period and not really my thing. Also I get a dreaded L'Artisan pickle-note from it. (I don't know what is up with the pickle notes, but I get it in 90% of L'Artisan scents).

spidola
spidola

Syrupy citruses – petitgrain and orange blossom with honey and benzoin…cloying enough already from the opening. I detect some lavender that cools a bit the composition, but the boozy feeling that is nearly always present in Duchaufour’s creations prevents me to enjoy this perfume. But it’s me, with my nose and luckily we all are different!

aliora
aliora

The description for the scent is beautiful. But the actual juice? I get an overripe orange with rind and pulp...maybe a touch of lavender. More of the floral aspect peeks through as time goes by, but there's not much else to it. I think it smells a bit like an orange creamsicle.

Hoxx
Hoxx

This is a perfume which emphasizes the sweet side of orange blossom aroma. After an ethereal petitgrain opening, the orange blossom surrounds you quickly, with a touch of lavender or maybe some other aromatic smell. In later phases, there is a sizable amount of benzoin or maybe some other ambery resin adding to an already sweetish orange flower heart. I can also spot some beeswax in the drydown, but I feel like it is here for the atmosphere only, like a whisper behind the fragrance's heart.

Seville stays strong on my skin for quite some time, 8-9 hours approx., with a solid, perceptible sillage and projection. I can say Duchaufour measured this one very well, but it shouldn't be overapplied under any circumstances - it is sweet and strong and can be cloying to you and those around you. This is a fragrance I feel both genders can use successfully. It can be worn in various occasions and seasons, but I don't think its sweetness goes well with the summer heat.

This was my first orange blossom perfume and I loved it instantly back then. Nothing has changed since. I think of this one as of a successful creation of a marvelous perfumer.

freakypirate
freakypirate

Very sweet, a bit sour, some indoles, beeswax, all in all a very soft scent. I get a bit of lavender too, no tobacco though. The drydown becomes sweet, almost like candy. It reminds me of what a mix of vanilla & mandarin ice cream tastes like. The drydown is completed with a whiff of tar, not sure if that's supposed to be the tobacco note, but I'm not a fan. It smells like road works. I liked this scent better before the tarry note showed up.

If you can stand the tar, this is a light summer scent for happy summer days.

Lana148
Lana148

This is very pleasant, slightly balsamic, orange blossom, beeswax fragrance. This feels warm, sunny, cozy and peaceful.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Full, rich, round, cloying accord of waxy resinous vanilla in Duchaufour's opulent gourmand style. Which here is however not really played well for me, I find the composition more close to a nauseating mess wth a weird evolution – and personally I totally miss like half of the ingredients which are supposed to be here. I don't know where lies the problem exactly (a gallon of benzoin?) but I surely do not like this – but I guess that if you are into Duchaufour's style, than on the contrary you may like it.

So much hype around this, mainly self-hype and I was disappointed. I tried it many times, always expecting the magic to happen, but nothing.
It smells so cloying without any grace. It doesn't smell bad, but expectation was too high.
The note list is simply beautiful. I wish I could have a perfume made with same notes, but real ones.
This is perhaps the problem I have with this perfume: expecting too much.
Well, quite a pricey "not too much" from a niche brand.
It smells like many thick florals made with orange blossom (chemical) and thick honey notes, quite a clichè lately.
Not bad in a stinky way, but it doesn't enfold to high-vibe floral.
L'Occitane Neroli smells is a more gracious bomb.
On my skin Seville à l'Aube never settles to anything more grateful and graceful, only a thick oily glomp of harsh honey and some orange smell.
I didn't read the book, but I've been to Seville, a beautiful magical city. It deserves better perfume.

joe70062
joe70062

I read the book cover to cover, and was overjoyed to learn the name of Denyse's fragrance. I ordered a sample and awaited its arrival with great anticipation. Today I sampled it for the first time. What a letdown. It smells like the flowers I loved as a child, called Four O'clocks. Just watered down and not so great. There are better florals out there. Seek them out. This one is a misstep.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I expected a heavy tobacco note as most probably would since it's unisex. It's been on me for about 5 hours with no trace of tobacco. I get the orange blossom/honey/benzion accord with a slight floral touch. It is done in a modern way but not FB worthy. I don't get a lot of projection but I do like it and would consider it a safe scent. No wow factor. 6/10

jubal
jubal

This fragrance is a success in many ways, it certainly is a night in a tropical garden when the oranges and white florals are in bloom. Not at all sweet and not an indole hammer it takes me back to nights on the beach in my youth when the air was heavy with the notes that fill Seville a L'Aube.

I think I like the balances it strikes the most, never veering into extremes that orange in all its forms in fragrance can take. Soft, sensual and thankfully tenacious it is definitely something to apply when you need uplifting. I don't like the majority of Duchafour's fragrances, but this is a winner! Just bought FB

Lill Kaja
Lill Kaja

For me as a lover of orange blossom scents, this was actuallu really intriguing. On my skin it starts off with a pretty heavy orange blossom incense with a whiff of tobacco. Very sweet. The drydown makes it more powdery and the orange blossom gets more bitter. It turns in to a very sensual dry but still soft floral scent. I like it very much, but I can imagine it can tigger headache and migraine of you overapply.

Pretty good longevity, moderat sillage.

If you are in to Orange blossom/Neroli scents, this is a little more intruiging than SL Fleur d'oranger (wich I love).

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Agua de Azahar to fall asleep...

Seville smells like "Pharmar Agua de Azahar Orange Flower Water" or similar products to me. I remember my mother giving me orange blossom water to help me fall asleep some times, and Seville smells just like it. I was expecting this to smell like true orange (similar to Atelier's Orange Sanguine) mixed with a little tobacco and benzoin (from the listed notes). How can that combination fail? But no. I don't get any amber or tobacco. Just orange blossom and other flowery scents. Definitely nothing a man could be interested on.

I tried unsuccessfully to read Denyse Beaulieu's book chronicling the creation of L'Artisan Parfumeur Seville à l'aube. It was too self-conscious and bloggy for me to slog through, though I checked it out from the library twice and even exhausted all renewals. I might try again, because I did find that it held anthropological interest...

So, the perfume. I do admit to having been interested in trying this creation, given that I spent two Christmas seasons in the south of Spain, and I, too, hold fond memories of Sevilla. Since I was there in December, the Christmas lights were out and everyone was bustling about with family and friends amidst the holiday rush. It was there that I discovered the cookies known as "polvorones" which are very similar to what some call "Mexican wedding cakes" or pecan balls. Sugar, flour, some source of saturated fat (I believe that they are often made with lard), and pulverized nuts all rolled together into an extremely dense meal-replacement cookie. Every year in Spain they have a contest to see how big a polvorone can be. I believe that the last time I was there some bakers managed to create a 2,000 lb polvorone. Hardened arteries and diabetes for all!

That little anecdote was not entirely irrelevant, because Seville à l'aube is a fairly sweet concoction. There is a lot going on here, but my sense is that there were too many cooks in the kitchen. Yes, I smell the lavender, and I smell the light touch of aldehydes, and something sinus-clearing (iso-E-super?), but mostly I smell sweet orange blossom, with an emphasis on the "sweet". Honey appears to be the responsible note, upping the sweetness register of the orange blossom to the level of spray-on dessert. There is also a fatty quality here (could be the benzoin)--polvorones en Sevilla!

There is something wonderful about simple orange blossom soliflores, but I feel that too many bells and whistles have been attached in this case. I am happy to have tried this perfume, thanks to the generous provision of a large sample by pitbullfriend, but I will not be acquiring a bottle.

Megaera
Megaera

A cloying, overwrought mess, inspired by a story that resembles a bad script from an inscrutable foreign film starring a has-been B actress. For shame, Duchaufour.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

I pretty much just got a cloyingly sweet honey smell. The Floral notes didn't peak through until just about the time it faded. Definately not a good one for me.

Edit: I tried this again a few times since my previous review and in the colder, drier weather it is more complex that the Honey bomb I got in the humid heat of summer. I still don't like it, but I was able to pick out a leather smoky, incense thing behind the cloying honeyed orange. This is defiantly orange blossom but it's not white, or green. It's yellow and honeyed. I can see how some people would go for it. On someone else's skin it may become divine. On me it was not so good.

I could see this being a favorite orange Blossom of the people whom gravitate towards Cuir de Russie, Tabac Blond, and Black Orchid. It gives off the same vibe when it's not a honey bomb.

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

This fabulous scent is bright and sweet, but not cloying with petit grain and frankincense peeking out. I smell the sweet orange blossom along with an edge of a freshly peeled rind. This one is full, rich, smooth and long lasting. This one has helped me forget the discontinued L'Occitane's Neroli.

mizz.cindy
mizz.cindy

Oh my, this is truly the most gorgeous orange blossom perfume I've ever smelled. And I don't even like orange blossom that much!
What I love about this one is that it's not cloying, indolic or too rich. Sometimes orange blossom can get so sirupy it makes me nauseous, but this has so many other aspects of the flower that it balances it out.
What I smell is green and juicy citrus, the bitterness of the zest, woods, something leafy and after a few hours something warm comes up underneath. There's a hint of incense but especially the beeswax and tobacco gives a sweetness, almost like a vanilla orange popsicle. People from the Netherlands may recognize a "Sinassplit" in the drydown.
I love love love this one, with the fresh start and gorgeous smooth drydown. It's complex, but very natural all at once and I've never smelled anything like this before. I'm also very impressed with sillage and longevity.
Highly recommended!

esteban747
esteban747

The opening is orange and then honey, after that is like a Ping-Pong match of orange-honey honey-orange. The lavender breaks the cycle, but it bring the annoying (to me) typical lavender scent.
It all turns into a mash of aromas, I don't know, the tobacco appears and it becomes unbearable.
I don't like it.

missy.stratimirovic
missy.stratimirovic

This is indeed a true gem... until the drydown. It gets shockingly cloying, sweet and greasy somehow. I guess it is the beeswax and benzoin. Such a pity as the opening notes are feminine, sensual and seductive.

Eau de moi
Eau de moi

I think this one will become my 2013 "make me happy" fragrance. I usually don't like lavender, but lavender mixed with "winning" notes is always a hit! I smell more the benzoin, olibanum, incense notes, but in a combination that doesn't make this a "smell like Church" fragrance. The fact that lavender and orange blossom are present make this (I will use jeca's word) charismatic. If ever one day I decide to start a new religion, I will use Seville a l'Aube as the incense in all my candles and religious icons. This is definitely a unique and beautiful fragrance.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Crikey! Now this IS a perfume.

I discovered it at a perfume and poetry event held in a huge Victorian glasshouse at Edinburgh's Botanic Gardens. There was an entire table-full of high-end beautiful perfumes, music playing people chatting, foliage all around like a Rousseau painting of a wild jungle..

And amongst all the hustle and bustle and distraction, my immediate impression of this was nature in the rough, a multi-dimensional feel that made me want to sniff more and more. Eventually I had my arm sprayed liberally and five hours later I'm still being transported every time it wafts past my nose. Where to I'm not sure - not necessarily to Seville under an orange blossom tree with a Spanish lover, but there's no denying I'm uplifted.

This is orange blossom - but enriched, drawn out, given leaves, trees, soil, bees, bark and somewhere amongst it a kind of nostalgia that makes me smile while my eyes water (in a good way!) at the same time.

Very, very authentic orange blossom - beyond any natural essence or luxury orange blossom I've sniffed before, tangy, creamy, expansive, rounded. I lived in Greece many years ago, and I'd sometimes ride my horse up the valleys which were full of olive trees and flowers, maybe that's it..

This is beautiful. Now have full bottle

Filomena
Filomena

It starts as Penhaligon's Orange Blossom and ends as l'Artisan Parfumeur's Havana Vanille.

Scentrist
Scentrist

What was that stuff that the TV pitchman sold that would de-grease and clean anything under the sun with the power of orange oil? Orange Glo! That's the stuff. And this was first sniff right from the bottle and first application. This reeked of orange cleaning fluid, very artificial, contrived, and bloody awful. It was very off-putting, and that's stating it mildly.

The experience beyond that did little to enamor me to the scent, as that horrible orange blossom continued to overwhelm any other note in range. My wife wasn't so repulsed by it at the beginning so she gave it a more thorough try and endured through testing. Two hours later, that orange cleaner smell hadn't dissipated and she was left to a hot shower and soap to remove the offending scent.

The story of its creation is a nice tale, but it's unfortunate that the fragrance emerging is so horridly rank. We'd looked so forward to trying this that the result was hardly worth the effort. Very disappointing release from a house that has become more well known for its disappointments than its successes.

I like the fragrance in the beginning of its opening - so bright orange blossom note! It smells truly delightful. Even reminds more crispy orange scent. But then I can't stand the lavender note. It makes this fragrance masculine.

In general I like this fragrance, just not my cup of tea because of the lavender note.

xabaras
xabaras

At the very beginning a fresh and sweet orange note is the prominent one. It also makes me think of fresh jasmine, not the sour one which often appears in fragrances. It remains floral for a while. After about an hour the beeswax note dominates this magnificent scent. I can detect in the background just a hint of vanilla, just enough to make this whole concoction romantic. It is sensual. I see it very well on a romantic woman. It is delicious. It is the first time that I smell such a lovely and intense beeswax note and I am falling in love with it. Absolutely gorgeous.

Whilst shopping in my favourite perfume boutique, after having tested Traversee du Bosphore, the sales assistant urged me to take a sniff of L'Artisan's newest, Seville a l'aube. I am incredibly grateful to her for having brought this fragrance to my attention.

Seville a l'aube contains one of my all-time favourite notes, orange blossom. This orange blossom accord is one of the sweetest I've ever encountered, laced with syrupy honey and vanillary benzoin.

Opening with bright, sparkling petit grain, you could be forgiven for thinking that Seville a l'aube is a citrus scent. As the fragrance dries on the skin, a medicinal smelling orange blossom and sticky honey blend makes a bold entrance, with a hint of powdery and aromatic lavender.

The drydown is surprisingly soft and incensey, with olibanum, benzoin and a heavier lavender accord. This blend kind of reminds me of the scent of those New Age stores in my area. I can't say that I was able to detect the tobacco note. It was non-existent to my nose whilst wearing this fragrance.

Seville a l'aube is both unique and familiar in lots of ways. I applaud the craftsmanship that has gone into creating this fragrance. Bertrand Duchaufour is a very clever perfumer. His creations under the house of L'Artisan are worth checking out.

I am pleased to say that Seville a l'aube's longevity is superb, and that the sillage has a nice throw. For such a beautiful fragrance, I am shocked to read so many negative reviews. Either way, I'm keeping this fragrance in mind for Spring and Summer at the end of this year.

nonnative
nonnative

a perfect sunset! Thanks BEDU (Bertrand Douchafour) for teaching us that pink is not only Hello Kitty or a mashmellow!

rinz09
rinz09

While I am sure this smells divine on other people, apparently my skin does not like florals other than jasmine. On my skin, it smells like a cheap air freshener. Soapy, fake and garish. I had so much hope for this fragrance too! Oh well.

I really think it has more to do with my skin than the perfume. So give it a try but I would get a sample before you buy blind.

Edit: I gave my sample to my mom, and it smells absolutely LOVELY on her. So it was definitely my skin!

saritarose

Oh, and you can tell the difference between a Mexican/Key lime and a Persian lime just by rubbing the young leaves.

saritarose

I love the description by Denyse Beaulieu but don't think I would like the perfume. I live in Florida and I hate it when the citrus is in bloom. I love the smell of citrus rind, especially Buddha's Hand citron and Key lime, but not that of the flowers. Incidentally, you get a wonderful smell when pruning a citron too.

Civetted
Civetted

Lots of orange blossom. Gives an impression of orange and green. It's somehow too much, has a weird gourmand quality, like a big too-sweet meringue covered in candied flowers and orange leaves. Also a tiny trace of celery. A little nauseating.

roseau
roseau

A huge disappointment. Weak, weak, weak. All those wonderful notes will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears in rain. Time to spare money. Time to die for Labdanum de Seville instead.

JudeAbigail
JudeAbigail

My grade school had a bunch of honeysuckle bushes and at recess my friends and I would pull the stamens out of the flowers and suck on them. This perfume smells just like those honeysuckle stamens to me. I LOVE this perfume. One of my new favorites!

Redpula
Redpula

Bertrand Duchaufour the nose behind CDG Avignon, which I have tried but was not too impressed after two wearings. I rate Avignon 7/10. But he astonished me when I sampled his Timbuktu, led me to buy a full bottle. It earned many compliments every time I wear it and Timbuktu has climbed up to my top 10 best perfumes rating it 9.5/10.
This is now a tie as per my evaluation oh Duchaufour's creations. I can't wait for my Dzongkha to arrive.

Today my sample on Seville arrived along with 6 more samples, freebies from an online store as gifts from being their avid customer.

This is my take on Seville to please my curiosity. A dab on my right arm and I felt already its beastly orange blossoms. It smells strong but good on top as I smell the orange blossoms, white florals with a sharp tone of beeswax, that added light sweetness. There is a faint lavender note coming in and out.

But after 20 minutes or so, reaching the heart, I felt it to be slightly cloying. I can stand this cloying note but I can't distinguish which one it is, maybe carnation, as I am not accustomed to its scent plus I don't remember having a carnation note on my perfumes.

The heart didn't stay long and an hour after, the scent was pleasant but not original, not even outstanding. I know I have smelled this dry down before. If there is leather here, I didn't get any out of it. I smell paper, a stationary but very light yet nice. But I have smelled this dry down better on one perfume that I admire.

Seville is a love/hate perfume. A loud & potent charming top, a less interesting mildly cloying heart and a lightly pleasant dry down, not unique but appealing.
It is suitable for spring and fall on an afternoon to evening occasion. This is best & would get more compliments on a windy outdoor walk, garden setting event plus would attract female noses. I don't think, as a man, that I will turn my head to a woman wearing Seville.
I would rather turn my head on a woman wearing a heavier, more refined and wonderful dry down, like Alien. This is Seville's resemblance, a heavyweight and way ahead more beautiful base scent. My rate would be 7/10. Admirers of Alien may like this greener & lightly floral fragrance with a citrusy top.

jathanas
jathanas

This is one of those pieces of work that make me want to cop out, declare that it smells awesome, full-stop, end-of-story. :)

To begin with this is not a raunchy fragrance, but it is beautiful. The very aromatic opening is provided by a clean lavender (no dry/ashy Gris Clair to be seen here), citrus, and the orange blossom.

The orange blossom is not indolic, which is a bit of a shame because I enjoy a homeopathic quantity of skank like that. :) On the flipside it never gets too "baby doll" as per Le Labo's neroli. This is because of the incense-beeswax that give it the much needed oomph in the heart and the base that serious fragrances possess. The benzoin becomes more detectable in the base, never too sweet.

Longevity and sillage are solid without being outstanding.

LuluSaintly
LuluSaintly

Possibly the sexiest perfume I've ever worn. I really love this and have just bought a second bottle as I fear ever being without it. With those petitgrain top notes, it's the perfect orange blossom for crisp spring days, but the beeswax drydown is the real clincher for me - it has bumped Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Luten into second place as too syrupy and cuminy. Well done, Denyse. NB: I would never wear this fragrance to a doctor's appointment, or to see the bank manager, or to intimidate at work - it is way too sexy. This is a serious seduction fragrance.

akats
akats

Trully wonderful! I come from a Mediterranean country and this reminds me of Spring in country sides and villages where lemon and bitter orange trees are all bloomed. In Athens where I live, bitter orange trees are everywhere!! Pavements here are full of these trees. So, it is all natural to love this fragrance. Apart from its familiar smell, it is a gorgeous lady like white floral. I smelled honeysuckle too but it is not listed. Subtle, sweet sour, warm and aristocratic smoky. A luminous happy enjoyable perfume!

ddg425
ddg425

Hideous. Awful. Car deodorant + treacle + bug spray + grape jelly.

elenakoles
elenakoles

I was in a serious olfactory crisis until yesterday: was ready for a new fragrance to try and to love, but kept feeling disappointed no matter what new sents I smelled... The biggest blow came at the Chanel counter after I smelled Coco Noir... and then I had my epiphany: walked six more blocks along Fifth Avenue to Henri Bendel and up the staits to L'Artisan Parfumeur boutique. This time, I was not disappointed! The new Seville a l'Aube is amazing! I will not analyze or take apart its complex bouquet but rather tell you how it makes me feel. I put it on this morning, and it helped me wake up, despite the early hour; it enhanced the pleasure from my first cup of coffee, made me feel warm and protected despite the chill in the air; filled me with sunshine despite the cloudy skies. And I have not even read the book yet [The Perfume Lover] - but I am getting it from London. Bottomline: do yourself a favor, try it even if it doesn't sound like your preferred combination of ingreadients. This fragrance is a sublime work of contemporary perfumery! Bravo, M. Duchaufour!

finanna
finanna

This went straight from a blind buy to one of my favorite fragrances so I am afraid this is not going to be an objective review, but rather an explanation why I love this so much.

Seville a l'aube opens as a green orange blossom. It may seem fresh and clean at first but quickly you notice the wicked sensual grin of this seemingly innocent beauty. Honey lends some sweetness but on my skin, it is not very predominant and I don't get any urinal whiffs as with some other honeyed fragrances. Tobacco (another tricky note on me), benzoin, frankincense and lavender are not key players, they just add some complexicity to the beautiful orange blossom. On my skin this lasts for good 9 hours. Sillage is really good. This is the first l'Artisan that actually lasts on my skin and projects.

I have gotten many compliments when wearing this, regardless of the time of day/weather. Suits every possible occasion, you just need to be careful with the trigger if you are working in a small office or sitting in a hot car for a long drive. And if you want to seduce your lover...well, this is perfect! My Spanish friend said that somehow this made her think of home. This was before she knew what I was wearing so Duchaufour&Beaulieu have really nailed the moment they wanted to capture.

I cannot think of any other perfume that would smell the same or evoke the same feelings in me. This is love.

juicejones
juicejones

I wanted to love this, as I regard the author highly, and applaud the concept. Unfortunately, this is not for me. I live in an old citrus grove, so I am familiar with blossoms. I picked them up in the opening, but then the only thing I could smell was something akin to the milky sap that oozes when I trim my star jasmine. Milky, cloying, uber-sweet and ending with a sharp pungent green note. White flowers past their prime and the week old water they arrived in from the florist. Sigh.

espionage222

Petit grain

Divine

tfirebaugh
tfirebaugh

I'm so eagerly awaiting the arrival of this one! Just looking at the notes, it sounds like everything I find dear in a fragrance. My partner is going to kill me if I buy any more 'smell good', but I just hafta have it. ;)

SecondCherry
SecondCherry

A really beautiful green, clean orange blossom fragrance for those who find Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger too heavy. This perfume is very transparent to its ingredients: orange blossom, petitgrain, beeswax and incense. It goes on citrussy and those green notes make it easily wearable by men. For me, it's the orange blossom that dominates, but when I sprayed it on friends of mine (I was sent a bottle by the company for testing), some said 'spicy' and others 'ecclesiastical', which is bang-on - one of the inspirations is the smell of burned-out beeswax candles. There is also said to be lavender in it, but I don't detect any. It has great staying power - if you put it on in the morning, you're going to be smelling it all day, which some of my friends found just too much, though personally I like to get 8-9 hours out of a perfume. A really lovely orange blossom for lighter days when FdeO would seem like just too much.

jeca
jeca

This is a beautiful fragrance, my favorite for now from Artisan's line, it's base on a powerful pair - orange blossom and incense, with nuances of tobacco, beeswax, lavender... a very rounded, yet charismatic. It's smooth like fragrances from the past, and sensual, explicit sexy ;o)

Seville a l'aube by L`Artisan Parfumeur 3.85 out of 5 based on 399 ratings and 72 user reviews

L'artisan Parfumeur Seville A L'aube by L'artisan Parfumeur Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz for Women
L'Artisan Parfumeur Seville A L'Aube Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
L'Artisan Parfumeur Seville A L'Aube Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
L'artisan Parfumeur Seville A L'aube by L'artisan Parfumeur Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz Tester for Women
L'artisan Parfumeur Seville A L'aube by L'artisan Parfumeur Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz for Women
Seville A L'aube Perfume by L'artisan Parfumeur, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
L'Artisan Parfumeur Seville A L'Aube Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
L'Artisan Parfumeur Seville a L'aube 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Beautyhabit.com
L'Artisan Parfumeur - Seville a l'Aube Eau de Parfum - 100 ml
L'Artisan Parfumeur - Seville a l'Aube Eau de Parfum - 100 ml

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Seville a l'aube fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Seville a l'aube, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Seville a l'aube by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Seville a l'aube by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.