Designers » L » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1066 I had it: 210 I want it: 888 My signature: 13

tobacco
Tea for Two L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men Pictures

Tea for Two by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Aromatic Spicy fragrance for women and men. Tea for Two was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivia Giacobetti. Top notes are bergamot, star anise and tea; middle notes are cinnamon, ginger, spices and gingerbread; base notes are honey, vanilla, leather and tobacco.

Bergamot Star Anise Tea

Cinnamon Ginger Spices Gingerbread

Honey Vanilla Leather Tobacco

Tea for Two Fragrance Reviews

snootbooper
snootbooper

more like some cookies or fresh baked bread you may eat with your tea than the tea itself. disappointed in this one. but if you like gormonds it may be your thing.

Cherry_Darling
Cherry_Darling

Oh wow. I'm in love! This is perfect. So spicy and yummy. Buy list. Reminds me of Tom Ford tobacco vanilla but in a more complex spicy less overbearing tobacco kindof way. It's great.

30 minutes later...this isn't really a laster :( That's sad, I love this scent. Might buy it anyway if it goes on megasale.

Tea for Two is one of the more scarce L'Artisan perfumes it seems. Even the most comprehensive stockists seem to be out of this stuff in recent years. I had tried this a long time ago and then got hold of some samples a few months back, which reminded me that T4T was on my radar. I was very surprised to see it in TK Maxx where I picked it up for a very reasonable £25 for 50ml.
It's clearly not a fragrance for everybody but as a tea enthusiast I'm always keen to expand my tea fragrances and this one represents a distinct difference from the norm of cutting metallic, freshness coupled with citrus or fruit. This is more like a proper cup of tea with milk in(not too suggest it's creamy in anyway) blended with tobacco it's got a freshness but it has the signature 'challenging', offset, darkness of other releases like Timbuktu or Dzing!
It's got the spicing of a chai tea, plenty of cinnamon which is spicy hot but not sweet, and clove representing an old cologne vibe. I'd say that there's vetiver in here and a leathery vibe but sort of clean in a traditional manly way like a knize Ten. To me the drydown is like a very old type of soap that you just don't get anymore and somehow is indicative of the 1960's (not like I was around then!)
It's like the kind of toiletries a really, manly man can admit to using. You know...not Dior or Chanel it's the sort of purely functional moisturizer made famous by Icelandic fishermen or something? (So it's totally okay to use and not gay!)
Tea for Two is never going to appeal to everyone and I'm almost one of those people, despite buying this fragrance. It does challenge me though and sometimes I enjoy that in a fragrance.

Heetkin
Heetkin

Sentence Summary:

You're sitting in your favourite Tobacconist / Coffee shop (?) with a hot chai tea with lemon and sugar, but no milk added.

Madrona
Madrona

This smells like the old wooden cupboard in your summer cottage where you keep all kinds of teas and spices (that have all been there since 1996). Stuffy.

buraktemiz93
buraktemiz93

A fragrance that puts a smile on my face everytime I smell it.

Unique...

Tea is an amazing note for perfumery. Tea for two thats that note to different level. Unique is the word comes to my mouth when I smell the Tea for Two because there is nothing that smells like this, except real tea...

Tea for Two opens up with slightly citrusy tea note. It is not really black tea, but it smells like a tea that I can't name it. Since I am a heavy tea drinker, I can pick up the tea note everytime I smell it. There are also spices where it doesn't dominate the fragrance but it is a nice touch. I also get some smoky vibe. Smoke isn't a frankincense like smoke, but more like tobacco slash green smoke which also very unique.

Tea for two lasted around 5-6 hours with light projection. If you want to smell different from anybody else around you, smell this masterpiece.

MetalMan
MetalMan

You are surrounded by a vast emptiness; nothing and no one can be seen or sensed. You can feel the air come alive, little by little, it sings. You close your eyes in anticipation - the air sparks with blistering life. Bolts rain from the heavens in a delicate dance around your vulnerable flesh. Rain falls in sighs of relief as you are left breathless in the heart of this wonder. Honey gold bolts strike in tandem with velvet purple arcs - the air is flush with the singe of smoked honeyed tobacco. Their tandem is met with emerald arching across the sky, thier smoked tea note tingles in your lungs. Despite the inherent danger, you crack a smile as if you were nestled safely in the arms of your love - nothing can harm you here. The storm settles and the earth glows in a gingered ash lying over the thick, leathery earth - you begin to waltz through the ash and the thick vanilla mist that dampens the air. The music in your head swells and quiets in some unseen rhythm - life is beautiful for this moment.

Day 102 - Electrify me
Listening to: London Grammar - Hey Now

Notes: I have the second most recent formulation...and I do believe it is different from the original. However, it is still a beautiful experience despite the inflated vanillin note in the base (it's not bad but it reminds me of many candy vanilla candles and scents). The fume opens with a gorgeous smoked tea and pepper mashed in with a dusty cinnamon and burning tobacco all accented by the unassuming yet pervasive smokiness of guaiac wood. These notes linger for a few hours while picking up a sweet ginger/bread note and the ever growing sweetness of vanillin contrasted with a soft, powdered honey and leather. The whole composition is laced with the smoked wood/tea accord which lasts throughout its 10 to 12 hour life. This is a beautiful and delightfully smoky scent that is sure to please the ladies and gents as it can easily play toward the sweet or the woody notes.

Yourhumblenarrator
Yourhumblenarrator

Tobacco Vanille's softer, more introverted friend. Tea for Two really is a gentler version of Tom Ford's Christmas party clove bombardment. Personally I have a bit of an aversion to the whole milky, chai tea and ginger vibe, but I can stomach this a lot more than Ford's hyped up powerhouse, most likely because the tobacco here is a thousand times more subdued. L'artisan Parfumeur is a classy house that seems to succeed in creating scents that are creative, wearable, and subtle. If it's loud you're looking for then these bottles are definitely not for you, as they often get slammed for longevity issues. That being said they do have something for everyone, but Tea for Two just isn't my cup of...eggnog. Again it's just a personal bias. Still a well composed scent. Try before bedtime and you're sure to dream about the land of milk and honey.

JezzaN1
JezzaN1

I'm surprised at just how much I didn't like this one - something about it was really pungent and off-putting, particularly in the first hour or so. After that it got a little better, definitely got more of a warm vibe from it, and the cinnamon + honey + spices became much more apparent. I had read about it for quite some time, and almost blind bought a bottle based on the notes, what I had heard in reviews and so on.. but i'm glad I didn't.

Thought it would be something that i'd love, and it definitely wasn't. Highly recommend getting a sample / decant of this one first if you're considering buying it, as you may be surprised.

darrenwrite
darrenwrite

tried a sample of this, it starts off with a rubbery/plasticky smell, reminds me of TF oud wood, then it drys down to a really nice and comforting tobacco tea with hints of spicy cinnamon. It is a unique scent and one which i find you have to warm up to.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

Was very excited to try this, ended up being disappointed. The top notes were unpleasant, (plasticky sharp tobacco tea) and the dry down a weak cinnamon scent. I couldn't smell it despite spraying 3 times. I might have liked this a little more if I didn't own 5 o'clock gingembre which is all sorts of gorgeous.
Will be passing my decant along.

ilsagold
ilsagold

I've bougth this after many positive reviews I've read...without trying on my skin. Even though I prefer Gucci II, both have terrible performance. I've worn Gucci II in windy days that way I could get whiffs of it time to time. With Tea For Two, no matter what I do I don't smell it on me. Also it burns my skin so bad. So far I am wearing this at home while having tea sesions with friends in our apartment, no one ever told me any positive or negative thoughts about how I smell because they can't smell anything. After an hour I even can't tell myself if I am wearing this.
Anyway after months of using today before I leave to work at 8:30 a.m. I decided not to burn my skin anymore and sprayed it in my underwear twice, six hours passed I can still smell it now at my office! That's I believe how I'm going to finish the bottle.

Most reviews says they smell vanilla in this. My nose don't agree with that. The sweetness is from honey note.

While Gucci II is just right for Spring this is good for Fall...ofcourse only if I sprayed on my underwear.

Sirena78
Sirena78

I was really disappointed. This opened very interesting but quickly gave way to the smell of cinnamon and as others have remarked it smells synthetic to me. It made me think of Red Hots candies. I'm going to try it again because I really wanted to like it so if anything changes update will follow.

Tried again today and I dislike it even more. This time the opening was sharp and plastic. I didn't get it last time but maybe it was because I had been smelling other fragrances at the same time. After a few minutes it gave way to the Red Hots again. Just does not work for me.

Muzoona
Muzoona

Its fantacy, very unique, very elegant and take you to a beutifull morning. unfotunatly, its discontinued.

hippie girl
hippie girl

For me, it smells like taking the plastic lid off the can of Lipton powdered iced tea mix which my grandma used, and cigarettes, two staples of my youth. For me it smells ballsy and uncomplicated, nostalgic in a great way. I just ordered a bottle of it.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

It's interesting how this fragrance does not realistically smell of tea while you're drinking it but rather a strong tea smell that's in the air from a lot of tea bags and boxes/packages like when you walk into a tea shop or the section where they sell tea in a grocery store. This is very sweet, very sweet. I smell a delicious bergamot tea, but it's in a large size and has other ingredients like cinnamon, ginger and honey. People can detect a faint whiff of tobacco and leather but it's very subtle. It seems to be there towards the end after all the sweet notes of ginger and honey. It make the fragrance very unisex because it is so leathery and a bit of a smoky tobacco which are scents in men's colognes. Guys and gals can totally wear this freely. This is also sweetened by vanilla but it's not a big player. This is a warm winter fragrance perfect for actually wearing while drinking coffee or tea on rainy days. It's soothing and very much along the lines of an aroma therapy scent. Delicious warm and inviting one of the few sweet scents I wear when it's 30 or below weather.

Betsywoolbright
Betsywoolbright

I agree with all the previous reviewers who have said that this smells synthetic.
But synthetic doesn't necessarily equal icky.
For example, I bet most of you like red licorice. It is so artificially flavoured, that one can even taste the chemicals. But I (and nearly everyone I know) like it.
All that to say, this is a fun and pleasant scent. A little bit fake, but I still like (not love) it.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

I had some expectations about this, as I really love tea, but as for tobacco (which I love, too), this is just another disappointment. I may be wrong or used to the wrong kind of teas, but I really don’t see how one could buy this cheap, synthetic, subtly (but I admit, pleasantly) zesty musky-spicy blend with a massive synthetic tobacco base for a “lapsang blend”. Or a tea blend of any kind, unless you reference tea is in your office’s vending machine. It isn’t dramatically bad, but it’s just a fairly cheap, extremely linear and massively uninspired sort of sweetish mish-mash between Gucci pour Homme II, Tobacco Vanille and Bvlgari Black and/or Céline pour Homme, in a clumsy attempt to rip-off Annick Menardo’s style and fondness for dry, smoky, elusively Oriental “weightless” textures (not the first time I notice this “talent” of the Queen of hipster parfumistas – Olivia Giacobetti). Again, just to be clear, it smells decent, but it’s really a depressing department store kind of decent. If you want a sweet tobacco, then stick to the plethora of cheap clones of Tobacco Vanille; if you want some versatile masculine tea-infused scent, the immensely richer, more compelling and more quality Gucci pour Homme II is there for you, and it’s still the nicest “tea-inspired” scent I’ve ever tried.

You know that joke: “when I went to parties and then people said things like «there was two or three people», I always was «or three»” - that’s Tea for Two. A flat bit of this, a bit of that, mediocrely diluted with zero inspiration and zero creativity. Last but not least, with a crap longevity. Meh.

pchmad
pchmad

The firts time I was shocked, like "I made a BIG mistake" two minutes after I fell in love. I don't smoke so I just learned tobacco is not cigarrette. Tobacco smoky is warm, earthy, close to the skin and spicy. This perfume is breathtaking, is so good!! I can smell the honey the tea the cinammon and the slight vanilla... is DIFFERENT perfume. A blind purchase I cannot regret <3

Update:
ok I came across an offer so I'm buying a second bottle <3

jwc001
jwc001

I don't have Colin Maillard's deep and sophisticated internal library - so can't do the comparisons. Accordingly, I don't have the automated "this smells better or worse than" response he has developed.

To me, Tea for Two is indeed quite short lived. But when I reapply after an hour, the second application seems to last much longer... I get few decent hours of performance then.

About that performance, I loved the very fact that I could identify smoky tea... I found the whole thing to be really enjoyable. So - now that Colin has set the metric for me (my "really enjoyable" is his "5/10"), I REALLY want to check out Gucci pour Homme II... Can't even begin to explain why I've ignored it.

UPDATE:

I just ordered GPH II

Happyme2009

Just a note: I have the original one, which I adore. I just got, from a lovely swap, another bottle, the newly released one. Making a comparison, the color is much more clear on this one, the other one is ambery. There is some richness and sweetness in the old version that you don't find here, but, overall, in my opinion, it has not been much reformulated but rather watered down. It is simply a more transparent version of what it used to be, nevertheless beautiful and enjoyable. I will use both as they are gorgeous. This is just a little lighter than it used to be, in the same spirit. Nothing wrong with this "reformulation" unless you have your heart stuck on massive strength and majestic silage .

steve1991
steve1991

I've more than 100 bottles in my collection. After smelling around 50 samples lately, this is one of the only fragrances I considered bottle worthy. It's a good blend, with just the right amount of tobacco as not to overpower other notes. Wonderful smokey,sweet,spicy tea.

vallensvelvet
vallensvelvet

Smoky, warm and soft. Tea for Two shares notes and accords with so many of my favourite big spicy woods, except it is the intimate, skin-scent version of them. Perfect for rainy days, and those occasions that call for a fragrance that doesn't impose.

Notes-wise, this is a stepped composition: it moves through its notes in a deliberate stages beginning with a dark, smoked tea with a leathery background, then vanilla and spices, before moving onto saliva-ish honey and tobacco base (a lot like the final dry down of Comme des Garcons Original). It is interesting, elegant and comfortable all at once. An absolute delight.

shivakl
shivakl

i like it, in my skin smell black tea

irisrukka
irisrukka

I got a bottle of this perfume from my lover for christmas. First it was too stingy for me but after a couple of tries I fell in love with this.

It's definitely a winter scent. I couldn't imagine wearing this in the summer. I love wearing this and warming up the house with fire. The warm tea scent goes well with smoke. It's not a sexy smell but somehow still sensual. It makes me feel very cosy.

This also reminds me of Big Edie from Grey Gardens! Maybe she could have wore this while singing "Tea for two" out of tune! For Little Edie this perfume probably would have not been eccentric enough.

mrsg34
mrsg34

This starts as a strong cinnamon aroma but quickly settles into a beautiful comfort scent of gingerbread and earl grey tea. Silage isn't huge but longevity is really good, I just feel so cosy wearing this and I think it's certainly unisex

lisa o
lisa o

the opening is a strong smoky black tea with tobacco and bergamot facets like you put your nose into a box of fresh Earl Grey tea leaves. then, after 2 or 3 hours it changes completely, it fades to a quite sweet white flower composition that reminds me of La Chasse aux Papillons, even sweetened by honey with milky, vanillic, indolic jasmine or tuberose-like aspects. the brassy tone of the tea is not gone but steps to the background. this is a surprising development and I wear Tea for Two on and off now for some years, but today I had a bigger dose than normal and this made it quite obvious...I always found it nice, because seldomly a gourmand or edible smelling scent has notes that I find interesting after the initial burst...longetivity is quite good and sillage also for the first few hours.

redeemer
redeemer

Smoky black tea and tobacco leaves are two main players, supported by spices, anise, ginger and cinnamon. I don't get much honey in this. Medium silage and longevity, suitable for colder weather. I like this one very much.

soleia
soleia

My first niche love. I discovered it right when it was discontinued and hunted high and low for a bottle. When I finally got one, I went off it. After two years, I have fallen back in love, but with realistic expectations.

Tea for Two is spicy, milky black tea. It does not really evolve much over the hours and this is one of the parts I don't enjoy as much. I would have liked it to be richer. It's my comforting, wintery, Christmas scent. It's very, very discreet (i.e. very low sillage) but I can smell it on me for hours.

Would I buy it now? No, there are other scents with the same vibe that I prefer. But I am glad I have given it a second chance and now that I have it, I plan to enjoy it all winter.

Hoolly
Hoolly

Lovely and unique scent of a cup of strong black tea with a hint of vanilla.
This fragrance is a 5 star creation. Unfortuately longevity and sillage is very poor, this is why I would not buy a full bottle for that price. The wearing of it is not recognizable by others, I have to smell my hands close to smell it :(

NickZee
NickZee

Smells like smoky BBQ sauce!

What on earth? Does "tea for two" actually refer to the fact that this is meant to smell like dinner?

I can sense the actual tea note, but there is a lot more going on here.

Edorius
Edorius

Beautiful smelling, on pair with Diptyque Volutes, which is similar in overall effect, but while the latter is smooth and velvety, Tea for Two is cozy, and smelling it feels like an aromatherapy. It's very unique, and my girlfriend was blown away when she first smelled it.

Citrus2014
Citrus2014

The spirit Of George Sand was embodied in the beautiful and sophisticated master perfumer that Olivia Giacobetti is to create this masterpiece.
The mix between tea, honney, tobacco and smoke make it a comforting, almost relaxing perfume, perfectly unisex - equally fresh and sweet, creamy, smoky and lighty spiced.
The list of the fragrance ingredients cannot create an accurate image of the beauty and nobility of the marvelous flavour.
It is by far the best perfume of L' Artisan and can only be a good news that these days reappeared on the market.

Fragrance 10/10
Projection Medium
Longevity 10 h

jes1123
jes1123

Such a let down!!! As a lover of spice and tea and tobacco I had very high hopes! But on me this smells like straight up airport or hospital sterile hand soap. Literally. I smell like I just cleansed in preparation for a medical procedure.

ThisVulture
ThisVulture

Instead of smelling like a cup of freshly brewed tea, Tea for Two is all about dried leathery-smokey tea leaves. Unique and unisex, this accord is the center of the composition. It's set off with tobacco, cinnamon, spice, and honey but maintains a wonderful airy dryness that truly refreshing.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

Some years ago I visited a Tea Room in the famous Maokong region of Taiwan, which is famous for it's beautiful terraced tea fields near Taipei. The wooden and ceramic roofed Tea Room we escaped to, to get out of the rain was ancient and covered with an abundency of moss and lichen as to appear mostly green and ghost-like. Since a koi pond surrounded the structure, you had to maneuver over some pretty slippery stones to get inside. Once in we were welcomed with strong steamy black tea scented with orange honey and spice. They served these little green "shortbread" like cakes made out of green beans and sugar. This fragrance brings this memory back to life for me.
Tea for Two is at first smoky or ashy; not unlike a freshly lit cigarette. This stage doesn't last too long for me, but I do enjoy it. Then comes the dry down or Sweet Tea stage with spice and vanilla, lasts about 4 hrs. I don't mind re-applying to smell the smoke again. I love the journey Tea for Two takes me on.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

This smells like L de Lolita and Bvlgari Black, the best of both. Heavy smoky/leathery tea at first, then lightens up to lighter spiced tea. Lovely. That first spray and the first hour is kind of a doozy, though...took a bit of getting used to!

Evenblondernow
Evenblondernow

This is what the beautiful, too cool for school girl with the leather jacket and 30 year old boyfriend smelled like when I was in HS. Smoky, but somehow still sweet. Nice, but strange for a 49 year old, pearl wearing Mom of two! My fave part came abput 8 hours in. Sweet, like how I smell after baking something delicious. I don't get tea, mostly tobacco and honey, but it's a neat one to have in my collection. I will wear this when I don my Dr. Marten boots and velvet leggings. It is unexpected from me and I'm sure to get some mileage out of this cult classic!!

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

Here I am.
YEARS later, after binge reading all of the reviews for a few years now, after losing hope when L'Artisan discontinued this beauty, after not being able to smell it, test it, here I am, years later, with my own, 100ml bottle, bought completely blind.

I am in love. It took years of smelling roughly 2.5K of perfumes for me to understand that my nose LOVES tea. Loves black, red, green, dark, smokey, spicy, white tea. I didn't even consider it a risk, to buy it blind, not even for a second.

It's Tea for Two for sure - me and my boyfriend can enjoy it equally. Completely unisex. It's dry tobacco, dry, black tea and spices. No milk, no sugar, but a posh gingerbread biscuit by the side. It has a slight resemblance to Volutes by Diptyque, in terms of honey and tobacco/spices (minus the iris). Lasts for 4-5 hours, gets sweeter towards the end. I would imagine it's great for layering with milky/vanilla scents, too, perfect for fall/winter.

It's an exciting moment to write a review here, as it's actually 'a dream come true' for me - making the scent real, after only reading about it. If you like tea and spices (and aren't into mainstream sweetness) - you cannot go wrong with this beauty.

Q80
Q80

Honestly... because of the hype that I've been seeing specially the reviews written everywhere about this fragrance here & Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille i felt like these are going to be something beyond imagination!

When i tried it today morning from a sample i bought few days back ..... well... really!? this could be a signature! or even a favorite!? i mean it's a good blend balanced i can't deny but it doesn't deserve that huge hype that I've been seeing everywhere! in short, the juice presents a cinnamon tea essence sweetened with honey wax, and as it cools down the anise, & vanilla cake shows up a bit to sweeten the essence more! nothing more and nothing less!

nexangelus
nexangelus

Instant love. But then I seem to have a soft spot for most L'Artisan scents. Oh the tea, the smoke, the honey, the tobacco, the odd oily hum (leather?) in the background. It is just a perfect scent for autumn. Comforting, warm, spicy and lived in and used. It has a familiar feel. Like when you breathe in next to a loved one's neck or body. Mmmmmmmm....

Jamiljames
Jamiljames

I thought that I would really enjoy wearing this scent. However from wearing in once there is nothing really amazing about it in my opinion. It smells great on paper but on my skin it is nothing amazing. The tea and honey work well with the spices.
The smell is nice but does not work so well with my skin.

Kentington
Kentington

I tend to be attracted to fragrances with a clear, legible character - and Tea For Two is one of the best, most recognizable scents I've found. TF2 is comfortingly familiar, yet not so literal as to be a novelty scent like a Demeter. I'm also very impressed that Ms. Giacobetti managed to create a tea scent that has some staying power to it; Bvlgari Black is the only other tea that manages to last more than a couple hours on me. I have a feeling this is going to be as close to a signature scent as any could ever be.

Megamind
Megamind

I bought it some time ago and it took me several applications to appreciate this beauty.
The tabacco is really intensive in the opening. Star anise, green tea and spices with tabacco. Hopefully it is not a cigarette smoke which I cannot stand but more fresh tabacco smell.
Tabacco still persists in the middle notes but is overwritten by aromatic sweet (honey) good black tea with ginger and spices.
I adore this scent. There is something intriguing and so cozy and attractive in the smell. I think it can easily be used in aromatherapy for calming a spirit. It's a kind of sent to be used for all seasons.
P.S. I used lot of time the word "Tabacco" but I'm non-smoker :)

JEDI 2.0
JEDI 2.0

Thom Ford "Tobacco Cinnamonne", perhaps? :P lol!! Seriously, It's sorta-kinda like TV, but swap the 'vanille' for cinnamon and there you have it!

Joking aside, this is a very nice fragrance. Reminds me of smelling a bag of Earl Grey tea but with cinnamon, and someone nearby broke a fresh cigar in half that i can also smell. VERY nice.

For me, the cinnamon kills it. Cinnamon is a scent that, for me, never totally goes away. As far as any smokiness, IMO that's via the leather; often times in a fragrance leather notes will seem smoky, I feel that's the case here. Any tobacco I am picking up seems fresh, cigar-like and unsmoked. Like a tobacco tea, if there were such a thing. ..? 7/10, glad I tried it, i still enjoy it despite the overbearing cinnamon.

lilalina
lilalina

A lot of tobacco.. I do smell the honey and the tea.. however the strong tobacco scent repels me..

Tara1
Tara1

I am a long time tea/chai drinker.
Actually I just prepared a nice hot cup of chai tea with freshly ground cardamon using a mortar & pestle so the spices are fully fragrant, which I am sipping as I write.

Tea for Two does not disappoint.
There is a smokiness that is done just right.

Inhale Inhale Inhale.....gosh this is yummy!

Spices and Tea...absolutely!

Pixie1104
Pixie1104

Oh wow!

This is an absolute gem of a fragrance and unlike anything I've ever smelt or owned before.

I had this on my wish list for months but never found it in a store to try so, eventually, when I saw it for a good price on eBay I took the plunge and blind bought.

It arrived today and oh. my. goodness! What a beauty. It opens, as you'd expect with a straight up, fragrant tea note, beautiful, but it's the heart that develops 10-20 minutes later that I simply can't get enough of. This perfume smells like Christmas! Cinamonny, gingerbready, warm, woody, honey - oh it's just delicious and not in an obvious vanillery (I'm using loads of non-existent adjectives here I know) gourmand way but in a cosy, could just bathe in this way.
Then, about an hour later its a soft, honey-wood base that is trans-seasonal, perfect for anyone, non-offensive and utterly beautiful.

This could never be headachey or nauseating, it is, in my humble opinion, a masterpiece of perfumery and now I understand the hype :)

seekritdude
seekritdude

Admittedly I am not a big tea drinker. But for what its worth I think the name is at least to me slightly misleading. Compared to something like gucci pour homme ii, at least which is a much more sorta to me at least classic tea in a bag kinda smell that lasts a good bit. The tea vibe in this doesnt last for very long, and its a much more spicy diverse sorta chai perhaps even tea.

Anyway at the top there is a definite tea smell to me, and its green. The greenness of this goes away quickly and the tea as the fragrance goes on also goes away not long after. The first part of the fragrance is pretty woody, and some smokey nuisances, with the spiciness and the sweetness in the background.

As the fragrance dries down the the smokey and wood factor leave and you have just a really great mix of sweet and spicy notes. Doesnt really remind me of tea anymore but man I dont care, I think it smells great really cozy nice scent.

Again perhaps misleading name to me. At least I was expecting a much more classic sorta tea smell at least from the name. But at the end of the day I suppose the smell is the most important thing, and this smells good. Its funny in a way because as I said I think the fragrance gets better as it goes on, and at the beginning is when there is the most tea for me. Go figure.

Performance was just ok.

AveParfum
AveParfum

As soon as I heard this was relaunched, I ordered it blindly. It is just as wonderful as I had hoped! I can't compare to the first release, but the current Tea For Two is plenty strong, not watered down, so I would like to think it smells the same as ever.

It is just as one could ever hope for based on the description and the notes--smoky black tea (like Russian tea) coupled with warm spices of ginger and cinnamon. It is not listed in the notes, but I swear I smell palo santo, and I believe this is where the perfume derives its creaminess, smokiness, and the bit of "peppermint" I sense. Palo santo often smells like peppermint to people. Tea for Two reminds me so much of Bois Farine if you were to add spices, another L'Artisan that contains a lot of palo santo.

On the whole, this is a gorgeous perfume. It is a modern spicy perfume, not too heavy nor too light, and the spices are well-balanced so as not to leave those around you wondering why you smell like a cinnamon Yankee Candle.

While I don't view Tea For Two as a masterpiece, despite its cult following, it is an undoubted crowd-pleaser as it is sure to satisfy the most discerning tea and spice lover.

anjali
anjali

Just to let you know tkmaxx uk online store has 50ml size for £19.99!

Dinkum
Dinkum

A "must have". Smokey black te, honey as well. Wonderful comfort scent.

Lovely on its own, but also very good to layer. Try layering with L'artisan Chasseur au Papillon or with a nice amber, for instance Yves Rocher Voile D'ambre.

roo_p
roo_p

Absolutely amazing. This is *my* scent.

For me, the magic is the leather, tobacco, and smoke. On me, there is no ashtray note—as far as I can tell, leastwise—and the tea and spices merely enhance the overall experience, bringing a little complexity and playfulness to it.

Some have described this as a cozy, blanket-and-tea wintry night scent, but for me it seems suited to any time and occasion with the possible exception of the most humid summer heat.

GPHII is not a bad comparison, but where it lingers in the playful sweet spiciness, TFT is all about depth and that powerful smokiness.

I’m forever grateful for its triumphant return—snatched up two bottles as soon as I heard the news.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

Again, L'Artisan has brewed together what is an absolutely magical, iconic, shimmering fragrance.

This is a warm spicy to be sure, however honeyed superbly, skilfully, with a bright, happy dare I say cherry-cola note that is wonderful: a soda note might make it sound cheap, but no no no - the execution of that, however much it may not be deliberate, is stunning. It is glimmering golden mist, a settling warm, spicy, utterly artistic and sensual collaboration of notes.

The sillage is fair - hanging around the wearer in a subtle yet enticing aura. It's perfect for day or night too.

This is probably one of my favourites of the house - up there with M & M Extreme and Premier Figuier.

EDIT:

I wore this out this afternoon/this evening, and I kept getting drifts of this perfect, cosy, sensual, yummy smell. It sweetens considerably and wow... just love it! Well worth the investment.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This has a light airy quality and a piquant sweetness that has much in common with other spicy cinnamon fragrances, like "Spicebomb" and "Gucci Pour Homme II".

For me tobacco and cinnamon are the strongest notes, while a pleasant green tea cuts through the sweetness to keep things fresh and alive. I get faint globules of honey too, but not has heavy or rich as the honey in "Back to Black" by Kilian, which has a very similar composition.

Very comforting and wearable scent, perfect for spring/Autumn, and perhaps leaning more towards the feminine side.

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

Tea for Two is unusual and perfect for a change. On my skin, the tea in this fragrance smells lovely - very green and fresh and the spices are quite warm (I'm guessing the warmth comes from the tobacco here) which creates a wonderful balance. Only a touch sweet on me, so it's not very sweet at all. The dry-down is just a fainter version of this.

In addition, this perfume fades really fast; I only got 4-5 hours out of it. Sillage is very soft, so I find it to be quite an intimate fragrance.

I don't get a lot of leather, smokiness, honey or vanilla, which would really elevate the scent for me for a kind of 'full-bodied tea experience'. As it stands, it's rather flat, which is a shame. Although this must just be my skin's chemistry.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Tea For Two?, Well Yes Please, Sit Down and Serve.

Lovely composition. It's very cozy, inviting, and pleasurable to smell. I love the smell of the warm tea, vanilla, ginger cookie, honey, and spice combination. The leather, tobacco and tea add balance and pull the fragrance from being too sweet. They are very prominent notes in T42. The ginger is piquant and the star anise adds a brightness to the spices. This is a perfect fragrance for Autumn. When I close my eyes and smell it what comes to mind is a softly windy and sunny cool Fall afternoon in New England.

Olivia Giacobetti doesn't disappoint, and delivers well with this one. She is a highly talented parfumeur in my opinion and it shows in this one, as well as being a beautiful woman--check her pictures out. There is no fragrance that appeals to 100% of the people, but this one appeals to most people with a big smile. I hope that L'Artisan Parfumeur has finally realized what it had in this one after it pulled it out of the shelves a couple of years ago. I hope T42 is now sold permanently. Many people were anxiously waiting and praying for this 2nd advent.

DIXIAO
DIXIAO

Have to say the first impression was not good, very smoky and bitter. However the dry down was so beautiful and unique, which made me drove 2 hours to the store again the next day to get it! My husband was quite against all the unisex perfumes we had tried before, but he does like this one.

AZJeff
AZJeff

Sorry to say. I don't like this one. This one of a few unisex perfumes by L'Artisan Parfumeur that I don't like and I'm more of a fan of this design house now. I kind of liked it when I first sampled it but after awhile, something in this just turns my stomach. The scent is almost cloying to me. I think it's the tea notes in this combined with some other notes that my chemistry doesn't agree with.

jackthekipper
jackthekipper

Superb enveloping evening scent

nero77
nero77

Wonderful stuff! A classic!

Tea for Two is a wonderfully fresh and spicy smoky tea fragrance. Very beautiful smoked tea with honey, vanilla, spices (including star anise, cinnamon & ginger), leather, a hint of bergamot... and even a little gingerbread! it's a wonderfully warm, cosy fragrance which I like very much.

It as a spicy aromatic opening of fresh bergamot & zingy star anise... before the spicy, smoky tea with honey gets there, and stays like that throughout the rest of the fragrance, before finally drying down to a leather and spiced vanilla tobacco with honey at the end. Just beautiful!

It's like drinking your favourite black tea (or spiced tea, like chai) with honey and gingerbread biscuits, on a warm sofa by the fire. A really warm & lovely feeling. The good news is that it's back (after it was discontinued for a couple of years), and it's easily one of the nicest fragrances out there! A perfect for the colder months. Love it!

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

This is back by popular demand and the message from them was simple:Hundreds of us asked them to bring it back and they were granting us our wish.
Not sure how long it will last for but am sure it will be around for a long time.Goes a long way to show with a united front we can get some of these houses to listen to us -the consumers!

susiqp
susiqp

I pretty much wear L'artisan Voleur de Roses all year round, but when this came out I fell in love with it. It evokes memories of being a very little girl and going to Bullock's department store with my nana. This is back when smoking was allowed everywhere - think Mad Men. The doors opened on to the perfume counter and the smell of perfume and smoke would envelop me as I held my nana's gloved hand as we walked in. I half 1/2" left in my bottle - I'm really hoping that they bring it back. I'll buy two bottles so I always have it.

oubliette
oubliette

Tea for Two is one of my signature scents. It's a warm, spicey vanilla which evokes an image of heavy chai tea and lingering pipe smoke. Very sweet and gourmand but also exotic and masculine/feminine. For me it's a fragrance which crosses gender and category boundaries. Very nice, one of my ultimate fragrance faves! It's a total shame that it's been discontinued, but I can understand it as it's slightly too "out there" to hold wide commercial appeal.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I envy those living in the Southern Hemisphere right now, because Tea For Two has just shot to the top of my Perfect Winter Scents list, and it will be some months before I can indulge in it properly.

TFT opens with star anise and gingerbread, and then gives you smoke and spiced milk. After you make it through those headwinds, you come to a lovely calm spicy green tea smell laced with, but not overpowered by, cinnamon. Hours later that's how it still smells, though rounded out by vanilla.

Beautiful and warm and comforting.

Lana148
Lana148

Very smoky! Opens up like strong burnt rubber and stays soft smoky to the end. Smoke overpowers the tea and vanilla in it. Although this one is absolutely not for me, I think it would smell great and even sexy on a guy.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a decant. On my skin and to my nose this is basically GPHII with tobacco added. Opening is loud and in your face but calms down quickly and moves closer to the skin with below average projection. Longevity is moderate on my skin. It's quite a polarizing scent I would say with that ashy tobacco note and a spicy undertone. Weird but unique. I can see why some people love it but the ashy spicy tobacco note is a little too much for my liking. It may be an acquired taste and I probably would have to try it again. This discontinued scent is probably among one of the popular ones like Timbuktu and Dzing! from this house. If you like your tea scent with spicy tobacco, definitely give this one a try.

Seems like this inspired Tobacco Vanille, as they have the same sweet/fruity/vanillic qualities (I can't think of another scent that has this same "vibe"). TfT seems a bit more complex but, even though I like the scent, it just seems like something is missing. It's rich, but not all that deep. Thinking about the scents commonly-available, this one seems like it is meant to make a statement, yet also be something for personal enjoyment. I'm not sure how easy it is to do this, and without the depth or complexity of much vintage, I don't find myself drawn to it. By contrast, I do find myself draw to "super cheapo," Bogart Pour Homme, for example. Sometimes too much of a good thing is no better than mediocre, especially at these prices (though it seems that now this is rare and selling for a ton).

katushka37
katushka37

This is not your average fresh tea scent with prominent citrus notes that is very popular these days...No, Tea for Two is rich, warm, smoky and complex.

To me it smells like a mix of good quality dry tea and tobacco leaves (the unsmoked dry type). It has a bit of warmth to it from spices and vanilla but it is definitely a unisex scent.

It is truly remarkable and unique, give it a try if you get a chance (apparently it is going to be re-released) :)

It lasted on me for about 6-8 hours and had moderate projection...which is pretty good for L'Artisan EDT

toneanes
toneanes

This, for me, is a warm cozy sweater, a toasty blanket and that lovely cup of tea in front of the fire place. It is incredibly comforting and calming, and even if it for me is a bit... Sharp? for about the 30 first minutes it just melts into my skin and makes the world a little bit better.

I am a perfume novice, but am so happy that I tried this, appreciated it and got a hold of a bottle before it was too late. I can't imagine living without this perfume, so I use it sparingly and save it for bad days when I need comforting.

sniif
sniif

This was much better out of the Luckyscent sample vial than the spray I purchased from them. Out of the vial: Rubbery leather meets delicate warm milk, honey, and cinnamon. The dry down is Labello's Velvet Rose lipbalm- breathy marshmallow powder. Transparent, unique, cozy. I wore the vial scent to sleep. Out of the sprayer: muddled funky spices like potpourri or the sweet parts mashed together, losing their gentle sheerness. I wish they still made Tea For Two so I could give it another try.

CLevol
CLevol

Yes! Pickwick tea ( English breakfast tea) mixend with Earl Grey tea and sugered with an little honey. The strong cup of tea becomes softer and softer! A masterpiece!
IT is an very discrete fragrance, chique and a bit aloof.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

i thought i was really going to love this. i get a strong tea that then settles and you get a sweet honey. im starting to think i dont really like honey in my fragrances. something about it comes off back of the throaty or something. i also get some ginger and something spice but i cant put my finger on it. while its okay to me i wish the tea was a little more suttle. nice though. i think great for spring or fall. a daytime fragrance. it really reminds me of a cup of tea to drink, a light tea.

bluektq
bluektq

When I traveled to Paris last year I went to L'Arsitan Parfumeur boutique and asked if they have Tea For Two, they said that they don't have it anymore because it has been discontinued, fortunately they have last few sprays in the tester bottle that they kept in their office and they allowed me to have a sniff, and I just fell in love with it at that very moment. Fast forward, after searching for it for a long time, I finally found it in Dubai, Dubai Mall to be exact. Man... It was my lucky day or what?! And to top it up, it was discounted too, definitely one of the best days in my life.

The reason why I love this perfume is because it reminds me of my teenage-hood, it smells like a cup of sweet black tea that I used to have when I lived in Indonesia.
The delicious tea note last for an hour on my skin, than the tobacco & vanilla notes take over and it becomes very relaxing and calming.

Tea For Two is definitely my cup of tea =)

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

Love it... It comforts me every time I smell it. Since it has been discontinued the prices has gone to crazy, fortunately I just found SpiceBomb is very similar scent which gives me the same vibe and for a lower investment. TFT is highly recommended for those who can found one!

puncturedbicycle
puncturedbicycle

I'm mad for smoke and tried TfT having read so many reviews which pegged it as a smoky scent, so I was disappointed to find that on me this smelled exactly like Lush Honey I Washed the Kids, all honey and toffee and a touch of Christmas along with a soapy base. I can't stress how alike they are (on me anyway). That is not a bad thing - I have bought the HIWtK soap - but I had hoped TfT it would be dry and smoky and on me it absolutely is not, not a jot. My husband could discern the Lapsang note that others have mentioned here, but all I could smell was super sweet, gourmand honey/spice and soap. Potentially a little bit headachy if gourmand/sweet isn't your thing.

Airscape
Airscape

Oh my gosh. I acquired a sample quite unintentially (a kindly decant supplier slipped it into my order as a bonus treat) and am terribly sorry to hear it has been discontinued. I can see wearing this all throughout the Fall; it's such a warm and cozy scent. Strong smoked tea with quite a lot of ginger and honey and a hint of burning leaves. This is the kind of unexpectedly comforting smell one can just - sink into and feel loved by. Wonderful.

WendyMH
WendyMH

Tea for Two smelled a little too much like cigarette ashes on my skin for the first 30 minutes. The tea and spices came out as it warmed up, but never reached the hopes I had set for it. Not at all sweet. I think this is what I was unfairly looking for. No milky sweet tea is this. Very clean after the initial 30 minutes.

symbianacid
symbianacid

Such a beautiful perfume. Its a sin that L'artisan discontinued it.

Pay whatever you must for this!

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

Many similarities to Gucci por homme II at the start and to Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille at the drydown. Opens with a stronger anise/incense note that GPHII. Dries down to a sweet tobacco/vanilla that is less cloying to me than TFTV. But all along the way there is the underlying tea note that holds it all together and makes this a wonderful scent. Unfortunate that this scent has been discontinued, or I would have used what little I had left more sparingly.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

I am a lover of tea scents and Tea for Two is no exception!!! The tea blends beautifully with the subdued sexy tobacco, spices & on my skin I smell the leather tones right away. This is not Tom Ford's tobacco (which I love) but a beautiful soft and spicy smokiness perfect for daytime. Sometimes leather can have a real plastic or tire feel but I love the leather in the background in this scent. The honey and vanilla blend beautifully with the other notes without taking over. The tea and tobacco are the main attraction here. The ginger gives the scent a soft beautiful bite. This scent is very well blended and a nice departure from the run of the mill mass marketed fumes out there. Beautiful for fall when the weather starts to turn. A gorgeous tea scent that deserves a nod.

Kain
Kain

This one compares to Gucii Pour Homme II!
To be honest with you, at the opening they don't smell the same but dry down and base of the fragrance smell almost the same!
The opening of this fragrance is a warm and sweet honey smell with tea and tobacco hand to hand plus spices and floral note!
The tea leaves is there and the tobacco makes it dark and almost smoky.
There is a strong smell of floral note too.
It's not in the list but definitely it's there and smell like mary flower to my nose!
As time goes by the floral note disappears and tobacco note goes completely in the background.
Something interesting happens here and that's about the honey sweetness! while most of the fragrances start citrusy or woody or spicy and .... they become sweeter in dry down and base, but this one goes completely at the opposite side and it's becoming less sweet in dry down and base!
In the dry down you can easily smell tea leaves but as I said on my Gucci Pour Homme II review, it's not that dried black tea smell that mostly people use in Asia! smell green like fresh and green tea leaves instead of dried black tea that smell dark and bitter!
Beside that green smell of tea leaves, there are some sweetness and small amount of spices too.
You will have this scent to the end and there will be no changes.
Both projection and longevity is above average.
I'm not a fan of tea based fragrances but this one is OK and I like it but I wouldn't buy a full bottle of this!

این عطر با عطر گوچی پور هوم 2 مقایسه میشه
به نظر من بوش اولش شباهتی بهش نداره اما به مرور زمان بوش خیلی شبیه گوچی میشه
رایحه اولیه این عطر بوی گرم و شیرین عسل هست که رایحه چای و تنباکو به راحتی در اون حس میشه و در کنار اینها رایحه مشخص گلها و ادویه جات رو هم میشه حس کرد
رایحه چای به خاطر وجود تنباکو حس تاریک و کمی تلخ و دودی داره و در حالی که تو رایحه های این عطر اسم هیچ گلی ذکر نشده شما میتونین به راحتی بوی گل رو داخل اش حس کنین
بوی گل شباهت زیادی به بوی گل مریم داره
به مرور زمان رایحه گل کاملا محو میشه و بوی عطر به جای اینکه بیشتر شیرین بشه، کمتر شیرین میشه
بوی تنباکو تا حد بسیار زیادی ضعیف میشه و به سختی میشه بوی اونو حس کرد
در این مرحله شما بوی ملایم با حس سبز چای رو حس میکنین که کمی رایحه شیرین عسل مانند و کمی رایحه های ادویه ای رو میشه در کنارش حس کرد
بوی عطر تو این مرحله شاید بگم 90 درصد شبیه گوچی هست
بوی عطر همینجوری میمونه و تغییری نمیکنه
پخش بو و ماندگاری این عطر متوسط به بالاست و به نسبت گوچی بهتره. البته قیمت اش هم خیلی بالاتره
من در کل عطرهای با رایحه چای زیاد دوست ندارم و وقتی سمپل این عطرم تموم شه به هیچ وجه قصد خرید یه بطری بزرگ از این عطرُ ندارم

christianne1
christianne1

This is a love it or hate it kind of fragrance and for me it smells so good it makes me use profanity and take the Lord's name in vain.

But when I first sprayed it I took the Lord's name in vain but with a completely different tone. It was more of an unhappy Samuel L. Jackson.

It smells rather frightening when you first spray it (insert Samuel L. Jackson). But after it settles it is the most mind boggling spicy tea fragrance that I have ever encountered. The tea is good and strong which is how I like tea scented fragrances - don't get wimpy on my tea now - and it delivers. Touch of cinnamon and spice and all that is nice. I normally despise smoky fragrances or anything with noticeable tobacco so don't let that scare you. This isn't masculine in the least. It seriously is just heavenly and I do not know any other way to describe it.

Once it settles down and does its magic...Sam Jackson's "GD" turns into more the kind he lets out while eating a Big Kahuna burger. "This IS a tasty fragrance."

Birdboy48
Birdboy48

A classic in the L' Artisan line, so why they've discontinued it ( at least in the US ) is a mystery to me. It does indeed smell like Gucci pour Homme II, which is discontinued as well.

If the days of tea scents are over it will be a shame, as this is quite nice stuff, and comes with a bit more projection and longevity that most L' Artisan's as well.

Italo Paz
Italo Paz

What happened to this one? I can't find it on online stores!

aiobhan
aiobhan

On first spay: Smoky-sweet, with a hint of spices.

Drydown: The tea, honey, and vanilla are REALLY coming through! The smokiness fades as the perfume warms on the skin, and the sweet, creamy vanilla and honey are a lovely basenote to the black tea smell.

2 hours later: The smokiness is not very noticeable, and the tea is sweet and dark, with the vanilla bringing in some warmth and softness.

I love this scent, and would recommend it to people who like warm, spicy, or dark gourmand scents.

curtmaster
curtmaster

Tea for Two, as I put it on for the first time today, I am intrigued yet puzzled as well like as the reviewer xabaras said. Its strong Anise mixed with honey, tobacco, tea makes for a strong scent in which wouldn't be appealing to everyone. In a way in the beginning it kinda reminds me of Givenchy, I forgot which fragrance, maybe play intense which gave me a headache expect for no head with this here. Still puzzled by this, I am going to have to give it a few more wearings. I got the 3.4oz bottle in a swap. I don't know but so far I can kinda see why L'Artisan discontinued this. The combination also makes it smell full of incense.

xabaras

I have ordered another sample of this which arrived today. I put it on and so far I am a little puzzled. I wrote a review of this very fragrance a little more than 2 years ago and all I talked about was smoky note, with a hint of sweet bezoin.. That was all I could smell then. This time all I can detect is tea, the fragrant and rich smell of green tea, and the sweetness of honey, which gives it a gourmand shape. It is like a nice sweet piece of that Welsh cake called Bara Brith. And here I am wondering what took me two years ago to smell all that smokiness in this fragrance. Today I can't detect any smoky note. Has my skin chemistry changed? Has my nose changed? Was there really Tea for two into that sample vial I ordered two years ago?

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

It opens with smoky milky black tea leaves and is quickly joined by tobacco and vanilla.

I got to say I think this scent is suffering from a identity crisis as it seems to morph from smelling like Gucci Pour Homme II and Tom Fords Tobacco Vanilla.

It smells nice but I just wish it had it's own character as I rather have the above two separately than a mish mash of them.

persefoni
persefoni

..i recently tested it, and was really looking forward to it, actually, given all the praising reviews here, from people who have owned it & who will miss it terribly, now that it's been discontinued...

The owner of the shop in athens was selling a half-used bottle, without lid (cap), for half the price - 54€: that's how greedy people here have become and how little they think of us.. needless to say, i din't buy it..

The scent is magnificent - spicy, oriental, strong, woody, incensey, smokey, christmasy...

Perfect for a house scent - even if a tad classic librarian... However, i wouldn't use it on a person, although i'm a spicy-oriental-woody lover. It smells much too strong, in my opinion, too heavy, too much of everything for a body scent ;) . It would be perfect for a candle, or oil for home fragrance-sticks!

Giabbotomato
Giabbotomato

I love this perfume on paper, but on my skin it turn way to sweet. A big load of tea with spices give a nice and clean verve to this scent. Cinnamon and anise give it a nice spicy twist. Probably what comes out on my skin is the tobacco and the leather, and mostly sweet honey and vanilla...too bad! this is perfume I would recommend 100%!

tmukome1
tmukome1

I did not like this at all. Something in it makes it feel more for old people. I feel Gucci pour Homme 2 is a younger fresher take on this.

LaniInFall
LaniInFall

This is a must try for people who love fall like me. In Spring or summer this fragrance would be very out of place. This is a fragrance I choose if I know I will be spending a majority of the day in a coffee shop studying, it mixes deliciously with the scents of a coffee shop. If I was a barista I would wear this every day. Another time I bring this out is for autumn walks or fall festivals. Its is a fantastic effortless-outdoorsy sort of smell when you are outside, but not animalistic at all. The downside to this scent is that in indoor sterile environments, like classrooms or offices, it can smell a little bit like a candle or air freshener... On me at least. As some other commenters have said, I think this would be a really sexy scent on a man and you wouldn't have that "air freshener" feel. I think women need to be more carful with this scent than men.

On me the dry down smells of sweet Chai. And is that a little bit of chocolate? I don't get cigarette at all. At the most a tiny bit of on-again off-again wood smoke.

Worth a try! Great cozy scent.

Mignonette6
Mignonette6

Love this fragrance and it is NOT just for men, although it would be very sexy on a man. It opens smoky (almost campfire) on me with lots of dry tea. After a while, it unfolds with honey and ginger. This scent may not be classically feminine, but it is sweet on me. The tea and smoke hangs in there & I love it for Fall. Alas, it is discontinued, but still can be found as a decant.

Carestinus
Carestinus

Lapsang souchong plus lots of honey. I didn't get this with my samples from l'Artisan the time I bought Dzongkha so I panicked when I read here they were discontinuing it (it's become a horrible way of making us urge to buy precious elixirs quick or never!!!). I finally bought it on a sale and well... after having Idole and Philosykos from Olivia my ideal was too high I guess but I'll try to be fair to T42.
First, everyone around seemed to love it, it was an instant "this smells marvellous!!" and "are you selling this? can you tell me in case you ever decide to do so?". I have 10 people on that ready-to-purchase-or-steal list lol.
I think this fits perfectly men and women. Its smoky sweet aura makes men appear tender and misterious but some days ago a girl friend borrowed it for a party and I found that it made her so chic and distinctive!!! On me, unfortunately, it gets a bit too honeyed and I get a bit lost on that. No doubts it smells gorgeous, similar to Gucci II. The same tea vibe but different paths-. Both are great.
Like Olivia's aforementioned scents, don't get upset because of longevity... people will smell this for hours! Her mastery at veiling and keeping things transparent does not mean these scents are weak or unnoticed. Believe me: Tea for two stays long! It doesn't project thaaat well but it isn't either a skin scent.
I can't see why some other people here say it's strong or repulsive... it works pretty much as a safe scent for me. Just like Idole, this is the other scent I wear on those days when I can't decide what to go with. I would never recommend it for summer though... I imagine it like a cloud of honey not letting you breathe... suffocating, helpppp!
I haven't yet found any single person disliking this. At the moment it is on sale at the french page of l'Artisan, so don't miss getting your bottle soon! I might buy new ones and invite 10 friends over for tea!

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

The Fragrance beat out quite a few other tea scents. It's like a cup of chai latte wrapping you in a big hug. When it all settles the vanilla and honey form leaving behind a great feeling.
The only bad thing it will not last an 8 hour day, but I feel like the brand L'artisan usually doesn't last that long on me at least.
I still decided to purchase it as I loved the cozy scent made me feel very relaxed. I will just re-apply if need be.

Why is it now that I have it, I smell the smoky tobacco in it. I didn't smell this as strongly when I sampled it. It does soften to the notes I stated above but the initial scent does contain a strong smoky scent which I did not smell at all before. I had a love hate battle for a short time because of the strong smokiness but now I absolutely love it.

There is a really noticeable smoked tea note in this fragrance! Only it reminds more a brew scent instead of tea drink in cups. Despite it seems to me very smoked in general, I like smoked scents, and that is why this fragrance seems to me very attractive:)

But it doesn't smell only this note. The tea note is just more noticeable because of its smoked insensitivity. But the other notes doesn't seem as interesting to me. I wouldn't say that it's honeyed enough fragrance. The anise and bergamot notes bring noticeable sourness and lightness to it. And I wouldn't say that this fragrance smells spicy.

It's not too intensive in general, except the smoked tea note.

Good and unique fragrance for sure, but actually, I like it mostly because of the Lapsang souchong tea note.

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

too smokey. give me a green feeling for tea like GPH II

9154mf
9154mf

Quite nice like a slightly smoked chai tea.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Opens not all that convincingly at all. Shocking in fact.

Smoky certainly (strong dislike), but what really bugs me are the other ingredients. Seemingly not of great quality, or that the blending is not on par with the usual 'niche'.

There's something steamed, smoked and unusually stuffy right from first spray; like not even a steaming hot cup of normal black tea but more cigarette or chimney smoke that's almost nauseatingly strong!

Cannot distinguish the ginger- anyone that has tried ginger tea, this is nothing like as refreshing! Synthetic spices with incense? Yes, of course that would be here! Hmph.

I cannot really detect any Anise too.

Mainly just a strange synthetic- incense at the start combined with smoky/powdery honey. Most bizarre.

This was supposed to be a reflection of the orient, an exotic journey of fresh herbals and honey with tamed smoke. Nothing quite of the sort! It seems to be confused, devoid of any real character or refinement.

2 hours passing, smoke remains but very faint, and finally the quality tea begins to appear.

So a strange smoky chai-tea, a wholesome disappointment. I wanted more clarity and freshness in the ingredients, this being a niche. Instead I think the smoke simply interferes with what lies beneath resulting in quite a messy state. I am a fan of sweet, and it's presence is scarce to say the least here. I prefer sugar with my Chai thanks! I really was hoping for a more refreshing sweet tea, so for me- no joy here!

My rating: 4/10.

Lilian
Lilian

Lovely! Captured sunlight. Steamy, honeyed, flowing. Lasts forever, but really close to the skin.

Jummy
Jummy

Love its smoky tea with vanilla scent. With its cigarette like smell, it more likely to be perfume for men. The lasting power is good but its silage is light on my skin.

Happyme2009

Oh, this is such a delightful gourmand to me. It smells just like a gingerbread house with a nice cup of earl grey tea. A little dry, a little spicy, just a hint of icing sugar. That's all I have to say. I find the silage and lasting power quite average. It's crisp and suitable for any time of the year, the spices are lovely ( mainly nutmeg and a little bit of cloves if you ask me, with a tiny dash of cardamon). There is something from the gingerbread here that smells toasty. I think it resembles a little Immoretelle from L'occitane and Onde Mystere from Armani.
I find it definitely feminine, I don't see how a man could wear this, unless he wants to be attacked by hungry females.
Edit: In warmer weather it does have an "ashtray" undertone. Which of course I find sexy, because I smoke cloves and it fits me; something like tobacco mixed with spices burning. Smoky, unpredictible. Ahhh, just fantastic! But surely, an aquired taste.

RachelGrigg

L'eau. navigateur, but I don't know what else is. On Lartisan website I would hazard anything that isn't available in a 50 ml bottle just like tea for two was. Any way very friendly staff at covent garden branch, next day delivery too! Call them to see what's in sale, they were getting in stock yesterday for the sale. 02030403030

RachelGrigg

It is being discontinued. Just bagged two 100 ml flacons in Covent garden store, half price!!!! So had to have two, obviously! Stock up now I'd say, half price this weekend only apparently, 21st April. They sent it to me too. Even if you grow tired of it it'll be worth loads more in times to come flogging on eBay...

RachelGrigg

Love it, dark heavy and intense with amazing staying power, lasts well into the next day after a bath! Delicious. Expensive though. Once of a kind.

padraiginrua
padraiginrua

For me, the smoky note here reads like dirty ashtray. I think that i just have to avoid anything smoky. So disappointed. The search for the perfect tea fragrance continues...

Scentrist
Scentrist

To echo Arrogant_Cat, yes, it's been discontinued along with a few other scents in the line, L'Eau du Navigateur being another and some 50ml sizes being other victims to the axe.

I managed to find one of the few remaining pieces and since I've already smelled it and had it on my "want" list, I didn't want to be in the position of missing out again so...

And to answer the reviewing questions, yes, it has wht I'll consider a nice, somewhat-smoky Lapsang Souchong surrounded by warm spices. I'd encourage anyone to try Lapsang Souchong if they really believe the smoke is synthetic versus authentic. It simply becomes nicely sweetened with a balance of smokiness lingering in the background. If you like Olivia Giacobetti's work, chances are you'd love this; if not, you won't.

dhoakohime
dhoakohime

has this scent been reformulated somehow? when i first sampled it in the store i could feel sweetness int he background that made it warm and unisex....i was gifted a full bottle and as i spayed it, i can smell tons of ginger and spices, none of the cinnamon that i once smelled at the store...very masculine

kris919
kris919

At first I thought my sample mistakenly contained Dzing! the opening were similar to me. But I think thats because of the strong ginger & vanilla in the opening. But a few minutes later, I can smell the tea, spices, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, and honey. This is warm and spicy just like chai tea, and I have no idea why it's being discontinued. It's such a nice perfume. The actual l'artisan web-site is right now selling tea for two for 50% off, as well as a few other scents (just a heads up)
By the way, doesnt last all that long...a few hours.

xabaras

Very smoky from the start. I can detect benzoin even if it's not in the notes. It's very aromatic and different. Even pleasant I guess on the right man. I don't think it's for me. To me it's a very masculine fragrance, and I don't smoke, so I would not want to smeel like heavy smokers do. Not for me, definitely.

Majesty
Majesty

Tea for Two is one of my favourite perfumes. Smoky,spicy,warm tea-honey-spice combination.What an amazing perfume!It is very well blended and very unique,I haven't smelled anything similar like Tea for Two.Exquisite scent,,my only complain is the lasting power..I wish it could last a bit longer..No matter what it's gonna be FOREVER in my collection.My congratulations to Olivia Giacobetti.Simply majestic!

Camin
Camin

This starts out rather sharp and smoky to me--like having a cup of Earl Grey by the fire. The tobacco note seems very pronounced though it is not listed. I don't get spices until the drydown--it is sweet then, like honey that has settled to the bottom of your teacup. Maybe a hint of cardamom then. It's interesting and witty, like a good conversation over tea.

nonnative
nonnative

there aren't many L'artisan fragrances that I consider masculine or feminine. But t.4.2 is for men only! On me it's very bad. On a man it's exciting and perfecly wearable. A very nice winter evening in front of the fireplace. One of the best male parfume for my husband. Smoky at the beginning, it gives out its tea notes after a while. Just wait.

netorian
netorian

I WANT IT! Not erotic, not sensual. But, who doesn't like tea???

This is the niche fragrant what i want to wear for meetings, daily work. Very calming scent. Good to wear.

Well.. it's reassure like a tea... better than a tea...

I want it! I need it!

(Please don't forget what i wrote, i want as an uniqe scent! /This part was bold... Sooo... I just wrote silliness... Forget this scent please.../)

poivrerose
poivrerose

The opening is naturally herby and slightly medicinal to me. I cannot exactly pinpoint the notes but it's remniscent of something you might use for sore muscles. As it warms up it gains a slight hint of smokiness, but there is something plasticy lurking here. There's also an undercurrent of mustiness. Maybe this is like discovering a very old tin of herbal tea leaves in your grandmother's once smoked in basement, popping off the top and taking a whiff. This is very dry and herby/medicinal, slightly musty with a hint of smoke. I don't get any sweetness from the honey. It actually cleans up a bit the longer it wears. But I'd have to say this tea is a bit stale. It is not as richly spicy as I was expecting. The spices seem muddled, putting a damper on one another. The sillage is quite light, longevity not great. Smells nicer on a chilly breeze in the open air. An outdoors scent perhaps.

lindy-fay
lindy-fay

This take me 17 years back in time to my brother´s small apartment, where we used to hang out with friends after school, drinking Lapsang Oolong with milk in huge ceramic mugs (thinking we were alternative and cool), listening to the Cure, punk and techno. Good memories! I love it!

A smoky and spicy combo of dry tobacco and tea. Mr Turin compares this to Indian Chai tea but I've to firmly disagree with him considering that cardamom plays a quite important role in the Chai's original formula while it's completely inexistent in Tea For Two. Spices here, are mainly cinnamon and star anise that play an important role, with some ambery-vanilla, balancing the general dryness with a slight touch of sweetness. Not as complex as others of the Giacobetti's compositions but still an above the average "modern-oriental". Good work.

Rating: 7.5/10

I tried to largely avoid the top notes, as I always do, and what I get from this mostly is a spicy, soft, vanllic fragrance with a hint of tea in the background. The spices have a quality that I associate with Indian food, though not to an extreme degree. It has no "wow factor" for me but I can understand how it might for some people. Definitely a sample first fragrance.

UPDATE: I tried to see what the top notes were like for this one and indeed there is an interesting smoky/black tea quality, but this just reinforces my thought that I should avoid top notes as much as possible, because even if I really liked the top notes here, they don't last long enough.

pioggia-secca
pioggia-secca

To me it reminds of Jeaux de Peau Serge Lutens. Actually was choosing between these two but took Tea for Two, also because of the price :)
Smoky, definitely a fall fragrance. Not so much a of tea-like, though, but very appealing. Gently sweet and tasty, kind of an aroma that makes you think of cookies and pies :)

jglass54
jglass54

I really wanted to like this fragrance, as I generally love fragrances based on tea and I also love smoky fragrances; however, the smokiness in Tea for Two turned into a horrible "I've been in a smoky bar for 6 hours" smell on my skin....like an ashtray. The tea note was very weak and faded away quickly. Tea for Two is a no-go for me.

sofiii
sofiii

Tea for Two is a discreet, light, Chai scent with nearly skin-scent type of sillage.

Upon application, it smells of Chai Tea Latte is the immediate reaction of mine, however, within minutes the slightly sweet-creamy-vanilla-y undertone vanished and Tea for Two gets a bit sweet woody with smooth silky and slightly spicy Chai-like quality. Not sure why it makes me think of autumn dry leaves and fireplace, all in a really comfy setting.

Then the perfume is quite linear with the milky undertone comes back occasionally. It is like a cup of really good Chai Latte.

I’m a Chai Tea Latte lover, but I’m not sure why when it’s in a perfume form, I find it weird and I feel a bit nauseous some times. This also applies to Etro’s Etra Etro. Both are really gorgeous unisex Chai Tea Latte scent, unfortunately neither of them is really for me.

If you like Chai Tea Latte, you might love this!

lady69
lady69

I like it. It is very fine, very delicious fragrance. But unfortunately also very quite and disappeared after 3-4 hours (normally l'Artisans keep good on me up to 8 hours for EDT and 12 hours for EDP).
Fragrance is really fantastic, but more suitable as a day perfume for a young blond lady or for … tea for two! It is a little bit too intimate, but not really sexy.

Yerdan
Yerdan

For a niche this is a relatively subdued perfume.
It opens with apple peelings and cinnamon and a flowery note I can't identify. It is sweet with a tiny bitter note. I have a tea made of dry fruits called "Berry" which smells similarly.
Some have identified a smoky rubber note, I'd say more like leather but it's quite faint.
With time I find it increasingly difficult to tell individual notes, but it is a linear scent. The spices part goes in the way of cardamom or cloves, but as I said it is difficult to tell. On me in any case no anise, bergamot or black tea.
What I dislike is the effect that after 15 mins all is gone except at an altitude below 2 cm above the skin. There a sticky melasse of indistinct sweet cinnamony stuff lingers, which is quite simple and boring.

Heverton
Heverton

Tea for two opens with a dominant chord of black tea, such as Gucci Pour Homme II, but more intense, richer, along with some cinnamon and a floral chord (star anise?) That although not in the notes, I can feel.

And so it continues, giving more space for a smoky and dense chord in the course of time, but by no means overwhelming.

At the base notes then we have the emergence of honey which mixed with the aroma of black tea, gives a sensational chord to the fragrance.

Anyway, very nice! An adult version of the Gucci Pour Homme II.

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

Very similar to Yves de Sistelle´s "Chairman". Much cheaper and not worst. Try it out. It costs only 12 Euros.

junglefun
junglefun

I sampled this only twice, but what I got was a good scent mixed with ashes from an ashtray. If you want to smell like an ashtray, look no further........to my nose anyways.

Louw
Louw

I expected this to be much more smoky and spicy than it is on my skin. I found it quite bright and zesty with strong bergamot and a definite undertone of tea, but on me the spicy notes were lost and it quickly faded to a pleasant but nondescript woody base.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Much, much sweeter than I expected, not in the same world as lapsang suchong, earl grey, or even chai, it starts out with lots of freshly cured tobacco, a little citrus, a little bouquet of indolic white flowers (jasmine?), and maybe a pinch of ginger. I hardly smell tea at all, or if there’s tea there, it’s the “sweet tea” of the US South, plain old Lipton tea, usually consumed cold, sweetened with so much sugar that a spoon stuck in the glass will practically stand up straight on its own even without being propped by the usual pack of crushed ice.

It’s sweet tea consumed in a little dive somewhere on the road before the days of non-smoking venues. It’s in a tobacco town so, in addition to the indoor smoking, there’s the scent of curing tobacco wafting in from outside along with some sun-warmed jasmine pumping out indoles for the benefit of the local insect population. There’s a wedge of lemon in the tea, and it’s accompanied by a slice of peach cobbler lightly spiced with cinnamon and vanilla. Sillage is pretty good, so I’m surprised by all of the comments saying that there’s little or none. T42 is definitely a gourmand scent, not a tea scent. I like it.

Migotka
Migotka

A lovely summer afternoon, sun, a breeze, a cup of my favourite tea. I love Lapsang Souchong. I know this is a kind of tea a lot of people find not appealing because of it strong, 'smoked' scent. But this is what drew me to it. The smokiness, the aroma, the atmoshpere. I drink it all year round and I stored 3 bags of it in my kitchen cupboard not to run out.

I like Tea for Two because of how close to Lapsang Souchong it is. I enjoy smelling of it just as I like my cup of tea late in the afternoon. I like the citrus and the lovely cinnamon in it. It is a well balanced fragrance that is heavy in spices, but still light and cheerfull. I was surprised to see vanilla and honey in the base, because it seemed to me that if there is something T4T is lacking, it is sweetness. Luckily, because sweetness and lapsang souchong do not go well together at all.

An exceptional tea fragrance for people liking something a little bit differen. Definitely my cup of tea (sorry for the bad pun, could not resist).

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Chai tea, freshly brewed and gently spiced with a sparkling citrus aroma on top. Sitting in a cosy chair in front of a fire, feet up with a book to read.

The room starts to fill with smoke--thick and black. Oh no! Call the chimney sweep! Finally, he's here to unblock the plug... *POOF* Dense sooty clouds everywhere. Opening windows to let out the suffocating haze, out you go!

Back in my chair with my book and tea, feet curled up underneath me. The smell of ash and soot still lingers a little but most of it's gone, thank goodness. Relaxing and sipping my chai, breathing in the warm vanilla spiced aroma. Down to the bottom of the cup now where I finally reach the unstirred honey... mmmm......

Lady Love
Lady Love

This is a very special and different perfume. If you like different, go and try a sample.

Tea for Two is Spicy, sweet, DARK, and extremely smoky, like a pleasant and delicious Cuban Cigars Habanos.

I LOOOOVEEE this fragrance! Very Addictive and one of the best and original aromatic Spicy fragrance out there.

scentous
scentous

the first spray is all about smoke...it is real smoke like a wood burning or any kind of smoked food which I liked a lot (sounds weird but I couldn't put my nose away from my wrist)..after half an hour smokiness all faded away and soft spicy aroma is left getting softer and more subtle with time (chai tea effect as everybody mentioned)..I perefer this on a man than a woman..I must say longevity is poor just like other L'artisan fragrances, pitty:(( as it is a very distinctive and different(in a good way) scent...wish it was more strong..

delphine67
delphine67

this smells nice like Chai tea,very spicy. A bit smokey also. I can detect the ginger and cinnamon very well. The ginger makes it slightly fresh in the beginning. The dry down is a spicy chai. Dont know if I would really wear it as a perfume.

As a long-time caffeine addict who begins each day with a triple expresso followed by a pitcher of ice-cold water, I have gone through several phases in my quest for afternoon re-caffeination. One of these has been chai, which I drank religiously for about two years. During that time I became a veritable expert on the range of chais available, from low-grade to high-grade, from bags to loose tea.

With this background, I immediately recognized L'Artisan Parfumeur TEA FOR TWO as a faithful facsimile of what I refer to as "spice cabinet chai," which is a loose variety produced by a number of tea emporia. The mixture is rich in cloves, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, star anise, you name it, it's in this heavily spice-laden chai which, to be rendered potable, requires the admixture of an equal amount of black assam tea before steeping. Adding more of the chai itself produces an unsatisfying result, as the final product then tastes more like spice-infused water than tea.

TEA FOR TWO does open darkly, with an assam-like black tea aspect, but the spices swiftly take over, rendering this composition a bit too heavy-handed for this nose. I can see how some might like it though--in my case, it's probably just an example of "familiarity breeds contempt." I would not want to smell like this. In addition to finding the spices too loud, I also find fresh tea leaf compositions much more appealing than TEA FOR TWO, the tea note of which is black, albeit faint next to the spice mélange. Désolée.

njdeb
njdeb

This starts like a spicy chai tea minus the milk and sweetness. There is a hint of smokiness to the scent, and the emphasis is on the "hot" spices, like ginger and pepper.

The tea note is very realistic and reminds me of a long-steeped, tannin-rich, black tea. After ten minutes or so, the honey note becomes apparent to sweeten the brew up a bit. I really don't pick up much vanilla.

Tea for Two is nothing like most of the popular tea scents on the market today (ie. Bvlgari and Elizabeth Arden). Unlike these lighter, citrusy green tea perfumes, this is definately a cold weather scent.

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is for me. While I do like the dry smoky aspect, the spiciness is a tad heavy-handed for my liking.

Also, surprisingly for a perfume that starts out so strongly, longevity is only so-so.

Tea for Two, is thankfully not all about the tea. I had a great fear that it would turn out like Bvlgari's Eau Parfumee au The Rouge, which is the closest thing to rich, black tea that I've ever come across.

L'Artisan's Tea for Two opens quite spicy and leathery. I immediately detected a hint of steamy warmth, the sensual kind which suits both men and women. It was cozy, dark, intense and in some instances, a little tobacco-like.

I didn't sense the tea note until the heart, which takes on a less foody role and more aromatic when blended with the smokey spices. There's also a touch of sweetness in this composition, kind of like a drizzle of honey in a cup of chai tea.

The vanilla in the drydown, when blended with the spices, reminds me of a softer, more feminine version of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. It has that familiar rich and sensual aroma, that while unisex, makes me feel like a confident, sexy woman.

I kind of avoided this fragrance because of the tea reference. I can only stomach green tea, and even still it's not my drink of choice. People in the same vote should not disregard this fragrance. It's perfect for those who love bold, spicy, slightly masculine, smokey and exotic fragrances.

Tea for Two is romantic, a little old-fashioned and rather unique. I love how special this smells on my skin. It's just the scent to wear on a cold, rainy day as it gives me that feeling of being warm, regal and classy.

joon
joon

slightly smoky and leathery upon initial application, this soon dried down into a lovely, spicy, slightly sweet tea-and-spices scent on me. wears close to the skin and smells just like i wanted etat libre d'orange's "noel au balcon" (which i love in the bottle but can't wear) to smell on me.

Zhara
Zhara

Such a true black tea fragrance, so complex, so reassuring, so delightful - and surely that's tobacco as well? Leaves just packed from curing, not yet smoky - but full of the promise or smoke. To be smoked, a precognition of smoke, intuitive smoke awareness. A velvet smoking jacket, porcelain cups clinking against saucers..... but no tea party here - instead this is Mycroft's afternoon cup in his favorite cordovan leather chair, just opening a freshly stocked humidor.

The problem? While Tea for Two might give the aroma of the Diogenese Club, it does so only in the faintest of whispers. This is scent of a letter written on stationary that only momentarily resided in Mycroft's desk. This is a slip of air escaping the foyer of the club out into the street on a rainy afternoon, only to be drowned out mere inches outside of the door. Tea for Two wears as close to my skin as a stocking, which is barely any fun for me, and certainly not the faintest trace of a clue for anyone else to find.

. . . . . . . .

saaaaaayyyy...... now *THERE'S* an idea: Tea for Two Extreme.

Cereza
Cereza

Oh yes, it smells like gingerbread cookies at the opening, there are loads of cinnamon so better be a cinnamon lover to appreciate this scent. It's truly beautiful. I love anise and I love cinnamon and this is the perfect Christmas scent. Very spicy and with great silage. When the scent develops it goes to a "masala" scent. You know - the tea, which is actually milk with spices? I've always called that "loving" tea, because it makes me feel very warm, it's comforting. Ah, I would love to add this to my collection.

fpih
fpih

I expected this to have a more smokey feeling. However, on my skin this smells exactly like black Lipton tea with a drop of milk and a spoonful of sugar. I don't like the idea of smelling as if the teapot accidentally overturned and soaked my clothes. As much as I enjoy drinking tea, I don't enjoy wearing it:)

BIG
BIG

upon application, i smelt dark spicy black tea brewing with rich aroma. After some minutes the drydown became highly recognizable. I just knew i smelt the same accord somewhere else or should i say the "entire drydown" somewhere else. Alas, it finally came to me that Tea for Two smells if not almost then exactly like ST Dupont NOIR. I don't know who ripped each other off, but it's safe to say, imho, that around 80-85% of the scent is identical.

Gosha
Gosha

I agree with henri345que that this tea is hot and exotic. This concoction is very dry, dark, smoky, very dusty and spicy. The slightly gourmand hint and creamy sweetness that others mention only starts shyly developing (on me) some long 10-15 minutes into wearing it. The beginning is very smoky and leathery in fact I am surprised that no one else seems to be noticing the strong cigarette like smell. Not in a bad way (when you are a smoker, I suppose...). In fact its like the first few puffs of a freshly lit cigarette that you have been craving for a long time. Or that after smoke smell that normally seems rather repulsive, but that seems attractive when coming from a sexy man you fancy. But it's a cigarette nevertheless and I am not sure if I like smelling like one. The cinnamon/vanilla/honey comes to me much later along with something creating much more feminine impression. It is interesting creation indeed, but I will not be buying it any time soon. I am sure, however, that someone will be thrilled to wear it. :-)

Passionflower
Passionflower

This reminds me of Celestial Seasonings tea! Now I love CS tea, don't get me wrong, but would I wear it? I do love tea fragrances like Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden, but this one is a bit too Chai-like to my taste.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I am not an especial fan of tea scents but midsummer made this sound so enticing in her review that I just had to try it.

I find that Tea For Two opens with a spicy ginger cinnamon biscuit aroma which is quite lovely. At this stage there is a definate sweet milkiness, possibly wafting up from the basenote of vanilla.

It isn't until a couple of hours into the fragrance that I am able to pick up of an inky black tea sweetened with honey which is immensely enjoyable.

Tea For Two is delicious but I don't love it enough to justify a full bottle at niche prices. Not yet anyway.

midsummer
midsummer

I don't generally wear gourmand fragrances - but I might make an exception for this one! This isn't so much a tea fragrance as it is a tea-and-gingersnaps fragrance. It truly does evoke a Victorian tea party, sweet, ornate and a teensy bit repressed. I'd say it's a little too sugary and high-pitched for me to actually purchase, but I could imagine it being a great scent on a cold winter day.

hollycat
hollycat

I dont smell any tea. Just spices. Very spicy and thats all I can say. Not bad, not good. And longevity and silliage is poor. Not for me.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

My favorite of L'Artisan to date.

The better lasting power of all I've tried of L'Artisan and amazingly versatile for ALL occasions and seasons. I'd give a 10 but the sillage is not that great.
Great comforting scent and for bed time especially.
I can detect at times orange peeling
(I know there is not any orange in this) in addition of vanilla and tea with ginger. I detect this orange note especially on clothes.

This scent is one of the most changing over times and wearings. Each times it smell different on my skin and clothes. Amazing!

mahanta
mahanta

The opening was very promising, but unfortunately in 5 minutes a sickening plastic scent set in and remained there. Must be my body chemistry - a no-go for me:(

Guest_yvashche
Guest_yvashche

I love tea perfumes, but there are very few good ones. This is one of them. Very black tea, infused with sugary zest. Warm and soft. Unfortunately, L'Artisan perfumes don't last, so I don't make an investment in any large bottles, though I love several of their scents.

bronstein
bronstein

Nice one, both subtle and inspiring. I would prefer it to be smelled on men, but that doesn't mean it's unsuitable for women. Anyone for tea and biscuits?

***

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

To be honest, this is not a perfume that I had even considered trying, even though I am addicted to tea!! Then I received a sample with another purchase. I tried it for the first time today. IT IS YUMMY!!!! A true tea scent. Somewhat smokey, like Lapsang Souchong tea with honey and cinnamon. Just lovely. I think this may be my Christmas present to myself:)

KJanicki
KJanicki

For the first few minutes it's like drinking a cup of milky tea while sitting next to a bonfire! So much smoke. That settles down and it becomes more like a cup of chai and the spices come out. underneath I can definitely smell the honey but it's a homey that leans towards the linden blossom and not the urinous side of honey.
It's very nice after that strong smoke is gone. A great fall scent.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I'm trying Tea for Two for the first time today & my oh my....what a smokey cup of tea it is! I'm not even sure if it's really MY cup of tea.

After it settles, I get a distinct smell of cinnamon & spices mixed with smoke & tea, where the tea, thankfully, is becoming more pronounced by the minute. However, the smokiness (slightly reminiscent of that in Shalimar) remains present about an hour, though it almost turns rubbery after a while. When it finally dries down, I get a honeyed tea with just a smidgeon of smokey residue, being mixed with a rubber baby spoon. Interesting.... This has more character than I'm used to. Not entirely a bad thing, just not something I'm used to handeling with grace. =) Fun for sniffs though!

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

This scent confused me. Upon first whiff, I smelled the off-putting band-aid note that can be found in the top notes of Shalimar in EDT formulation. But I gave it a minute and discovered something lactonic, sweet, and deep. It was a smoky, spicy Earl Gray tea with a dash of sugar and a lot of milk, very similar to what I'd expected. There was more spice than citrus here, more smoke than freshness.

Unfortunately, while I kept sniffing, hoping to discover that the awful band-aids note had disappeared, the entire scent itself did a vanishing act and was gone without a trace in less than half an hour. Granted, this was poured onto my wrist (albeit generously) from a sample vial and I didn't spray it onto my pulse points, but I won't be purchasing this one for lack of staying power, even if it is interesting enough to come back to for a second sniff.

If you're a fan of Earl Gray tea and milk, don't have band-aid associations with whatever is lurking in the top notes, and you don't mind a scent without much staying power or sillage, give this one a try. Not worth the hefty price tag for me, but like all L'Artisans, it has its fans.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

This is an amazing tea for anyone who's addicted to tea. Rich, smoky, cozy, pure, fresh, relax, lovely. So good for summer.

Auguszta
Auguszta

If I had to pick one single scent and use it for the rest of my life (not knowing any Lutens scents, that is), this would be my choice. This tea is dark, smoky, spicy, has loads of character and is incredibly comforting, too.
I just hope it never ever gets discontinued because I'd have no idea what to replace it with. Nothing comes even close.

knightz
knightz

Tea for Two starts out light and dry with an Anise note that is bathed in a Cinnamon-Vanilla accord. Very soon it becomes smokey, like whiffs of the white smoke coming off a burning log in the fireplace. I remember the first time I smelled this, it startled me the way the smokiness could push the Anise aside like that. There are other spicy and herbaceous notes along with the smoke, including a Honey sweetened, but tart, Ginger note that warms up the heart.

It is a rural type fragrance but not rustic, as rustic could suggest a lack of refinement, or crude and unsophisticated, and that's not true of this fragrance. Tea for Two is a well blended, sophisticated, and refined collection of rural smells, very Aromatic-Spicy. It's one of the stronger L'Artisan scents for the first hour, then it pulls in closer. As the description card says, it becomes a "blend you can enjoy as a second skin". Tea for Two is in my top three favorite L'Artisan fragrances. I love it.

VioletLily
VioletLily

Dang it. I tried Tea for Two for the second time today and I can't wear it, even though I so wanted to smell like Chai Tea! Initially, it's just like the delicious aroma of fresh Chai tea spiked with cardamom, clove and cinnamon, with a touch of ginger, nutmeg and possibly pepper. About five minutes later though, gahhhh! Burnt rubber and smoke!! I'm not sure what gives it that note, but it goes on for almost an hour on me. I so wish that note could be replaced with a touch of creaminess! It would be divine then – for me anyway!
I should say though, that when that rubber fades away, the cardamom, clove and cinnamon are back. It's actually rather lovely, but now too soft. And on the final dry-down, I am left with lovely tea and honey, but it's barely there....I can only sniff it if I press my nose up against my arm.

So, there you go, it's not for me, but if you're interested in a Chai Tea fragrance, definitely give it a test, the smoky rubber thing might not bother you!

hcl
hcl

I can’t imagine wearing this in the summer. For me Tea for Two is great scent for cold weather – winter or late fall. I've been having an on-again, off-again relationship with this fragrance. At first I loved it, then I tried it in the summer time and hated it. Now I’m not sure where we stand this time. I like the smokiness here; it reminds me a mountain campfire. I don’t need a full bottle though; 15 ml bottle would be ok.

After a plastic-scented launch, Tea for Two dries down to fresh, sweet tea with just a touch of smoke. Great summer scent. It still sometimes gets a plastic edge that is not so nice, but it's faint. I think it’s the synthetic smoke. Overall, it's very nice.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tea for Two by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tea for Two by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.