Designers » L » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Tea for Two L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men
dislike

honey
Tea for Two L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men Pictures

Tea for Two by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Aromatic Spicy fragrance for women and men. Tea for Two was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivia Giacobetti. Top notes are bergamot, star anise and tea; middle notes are cinnamon, ginger, spices and gingerbread; base notes are honey, vanilla, leather and tobacco.

Bergamot Star Anise Tea

Cinnamon Ginger Spices Gingerbread

Honey Vanilla Leather Tobacco

Tea for Two Fragrance Reviews

susiqp
susiqp

I pretty much wear L'artisan Voleur de Roses all year round, but when this came out I fell in love with it. It evokes memories of being a very little girl and going to Bullock's department store with my nana. This is back when smoking was allowed everywhere - think Mad Men. The doors opened on to the perfume counter and the smell of perfume and smoke would envelop me as I held my nana's gloved hand as we walked in. I half 1/2" left in my bottle - I'm really hoping that they bring it back. I'll buy two bottles so I always have it.

oubliette
oubliette

Tea for Two is one of my signature scents. It's a warm, spicey vanilla which evokes an image of heavy chai tea and lingering pipe smoke. Very sweet and gourmand but also exotic and masculine/feminine. For me it's a fragrance which crosses gender and category boundaries. Very nice, one of my ultimate fragrance faves! It's a total shame that it's been discontinued, but I can understand it as it's slightly too "out there" to hold wide commercial appeal.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I envy those living in the Southern Hemisphere right now, because Tea For Two has just shot to the top of my Perfect Winter Scents list, and it will be some months before I can indulge in it properly.

TFT opens with star anise and gingerbread, and then gives you smoke and spiced milk. After you make it through those headwinds, you come to a lovely calm spicy green tea smell laced with, but not overpowered by, cinnamon. Hours later that's how it still smells, though rounded out by vanilla.

Beautiful and warm and comforting.

Lana148
Lana148

Very smoky! Opens up like strong burnt rubber and stays soft smoky to the end. Smoke overpowers the tea and vanilla in it. Although this one is absolutely not for me, I think it would smell great and even sexy on a guy.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a decant. On my skin and to my nose this is basically GPHII with tobacco added. Opening is loud and in your face but calms down quickly and moves closer to the skin with below average projection. Longevity is moderate on my skin. It's quite a polarizing scent I would say with that ashy tobacco note and a spicy undertone. Weird but unique. I can see why some people love it but the ashy spicy tobacco note is a little too much for my liking. It may be an acquired taste and I probably would have to try it again. This discontinued scent is probably among one of the popular ones like Timbuktu and Dzing! from this house. If you like your tea scent with spicy tobacco, definitely give this one a try.

Seems like this inspired Tobacco Vanille, as they have the same sweet/fruity/vanillic qualities (I can't think of another scent that has this same "vibe"). TfT seems a bit more complex but, even though I like the scent, it just seems like something is missing. It's rich, but not all that deep. Thinking about the scents commonly-available, this one seems like it is meant to make a statement, yet also be something for personal enjoyment. I'm not sure how easy it is to do this, and without the depth or complexity of much vintage, I don't find myself drawn to it. By contrast, I do find myself draw to "super cheapo," Bogart Pour Homme, for example. Sometimes too much of a good thing is no better than mediocre, especially at these prices (though it seems that now this is rare and selling for a ton).

katushka37
katushka37

This is not your average fresh tea scent with prominent citrus notes that is very popular these days...No, Tea for Two is rich, warm, smoky and complex.

To me it smells like a mix of good quality dry tea and tobacco leaves (the unsmoked dry type). It has a bit of warmth to it from spices and vanilla but it is definitely a unisex scent.

It is truly remarkable and unique, give it a try if you get a chance (apparently it is going to be re-released) :)

It lasted on me for about 6-8 hours and had moderate projection...which is pretty good for L'Artisan EDT

toneanes
toneanes

This, for me, is a warm cozy sweater, a toasty blanket and that lovely cup of tea in front of the fire place. It is incredibly comforting and calming, and even if it for me is a bit... Sharp? for about the 30 first minutes it just melts into my skin and makes the world a little bit better.

I am a perfume novice, but am so happy that I tried this, appreciated it and got a hold of a bottle before it was too late. I can't imagine living without this perfume, so I use it sparingly and save it for bad days when I need comforting.

sniif
sniif

This was much better out of the Luckyscent sample vial than the spray I purchased from them. Out of the vial: Rubbery leather meets delicate warm milk, honey, and cinnamon. The dry down is Labello's Velvet Rose lipbalm- breathy marshmallow powder. Transparent, unique, cozy. I wore the vial scent to sleep. Out of the sprayer: muddled funky spices like potpourri or the sweet parts mashed together, losing their gentle sheerness. I wish they still made Tea For Two so I could give it another try.

CLevol
CLevol

Yes! Pickwick tea ( English breakfast tea) mixend with Earl Grey tea and sugered with an little honey. The strong cup of tea becomes softer and softer! A masterpiece!
IT is an very discrete fragrance, chique and a bit aloof.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

i thought i was really going to love this. i get a strong tea that then settles and you get a sweet honey. im starting to think i dont really like honey in my fragrances. something about it comes off back of the throaty or something. i also get some ginger and something spice but i cant put my finger on it. while its okay to me i wish the tea was a little more suttle. nice though. i think great for spring or fall. a daytime fragrance. it really reminds me of a cup of tea to drink, a light tea.

bluektq
bluektq

When I traveled to Paris last year I went to L'Arsitan Parfumeur boutique and asked if they have Tea For Two, they said that they don't have it anymore because it has been discontinued, fortunately they have last few sprays in the tester bottle that they kept in their office and they allowed me to have a sniff, and I just fell in love with it at that very moment. Fast forward, after searching for it for a long time, I finally found it in Dubai, Dubai Mall to be exact. Man... It was my lucky day or what?! And to top it up, it was discounted too, definitely one of the best days in my life.

The reason why I love this perfume is because it reminds me of my teenage-hood, it smells like a cup of sweet black tea that I used to have when I lived in Indonesia.
The delicious tea note last for an hour on my skin, than the tobacco & vanilla notes take over and it becomes very relaxing and calming.

Tea For Two is definitely my cup of tea =)

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

Love it... It comforts me every time I smell it. Since it has been discontinued the prices has gone to crazy, fortunately I just found SpiceBomb is very similar scent which gives me the same vibe and for a lower investment. TFT is highly recommended for those who can found one!

puncturedbicycle
puncturedbicycle

I'm mad for smoke and tried TfT having read so many reviews which pegged it as a smoky scent, so I was disappointed to find that on me this smelled exactly like Lush Honey I Washed the Kids, all honey and toffee and a touch of Christmas along with a soapy base. I can't stress how alike they are (on me anyway). That is not a bad thing - I have bought the HIWtK soap - but I had hoped TfT it would be dry and smoky and on me it absolutely is not, not a jot. My husband could discern the Lapsang note that others have mentioned here, but all I could smell was super sweet, gourmand honey/spice and soap. Potentially a little bit headachy if gourmand/sweet isn't your thing.

Airscape
Airscape

Oh my gosh. I acquired a sample quite unintentially (a kindly decant supplier slipped it into my order as a bonus treat) and am terribly sorry to hear it has been discontinued. I can see wearing this all throughout the Fall; it's such a warm and cozy scent. Strong smoked tea with quite a lot of ginger and honey and a hint of burning leaves. This is the kind of unexpectedly comforting smell one can just - sink into and feel loved by. Wonderful.

WendyMH
WendyMH

Tea for Two smelled a little too much like cigarette ashes on my skin for the first 30 minutes. The tea and spices came out as it warmed up, but never reached the hopes I had set for it. Not at all sweet. I think this is what I was unfairly looking for. No milky sweet tea is this. Very clean after the initial 30 minutes.

symbianacid
symbianacid

Such a beautiful perfume. Its a sin that L'artisan discontinued it.

Pay whatever you must for this!

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

Many similarities to Gucci por homme II at the start and to Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille at the drydown. Opens with a stronger anise/incense note that GPHII. Dries down to a sweet tobacco/vanilla that is less cloying to me than TFTV. But all along the way there is the underlying tea note that holds it all together and makes this a wonderful scent. Unfortunate that this scent has been discontinued, or I would have used what little I had left more sparingly.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

I am a lover of tea scents and Tea for Two is no exception!!! The tea blends beautifully with the subdued sexy tobacco, spices & on my skin I smell the leather tones right away. This is not Tom Ford's tobacco (which I love) but a beautiful soft and spicy smokiness perfect for daytime. Sometimes leather can have a real plastic or tire feel but I love the leather in the background in this scent. The honey and vanilla blend beautifully with the other notes without taking over. The tea and tobacco are the main attraction here. The ginger gives the scent a soft beautiful bite. This scent is very well blended and a nice departure from the run of the mill mass marketed fumes out there. Beautiful for fall when the weather starts to turn. A gorgeous tea scent that deserves a nod.

Kain
Kain

This one compares to Gucii Pour Homme II!
To be honest with you, at the opening they don't smell the same but dry down and base of the fragrance smell almost the same!
The opening of this fragrance is a warm and sweet honey smell with tea and tobacco hand to hand plus spices and floral note!
The tea leaves is there and the tobacco makes it dark and almost smoky.
There is a strong smell of floral note too.
It's not in the list but definitely it's there and smell like mary flower to my nose!
As time goes by the floral note disappears and tobacco note goes completely in the background.
Something interesting happens here and that's about the honey sweetness! while most of the fragrances start citrusy or woody or spicy and .... they become sweeter in dry down and base, but this one goes completely at the opposite side and it's becoming less sweet in dry down and base!
In the dry down you can easily smell tea leaves but as I said on my Gucci Pour Homme II review, it's not that dried black tea smell that mostly people use in Asia! smell green like fresh and green tea leaves instead of dried black tea that smell dark and bitter!
Beside that green smell of tea leaves, there are some sweetness and small amount of spices too.
You will have this scent to the end and there will be no changes.
Both projection and longevity is above average.
I'm not a fan of tea based fragrances but this one is OK and I like it but I wouldn't buy a full bottle of this!

این عطر با عطر گوچی پور هوم 2 مقایسه میشه
به نظر من بوش اولش شباهتی بهش نداره اما به مرور زمان بوش خیلی شبیه گوچی میشه
رایحه اولیه این عطر بوی گرم و شیرین عسل هست که رایحه چای و تنباکو به راحتی در اون حس میشه و در کنار اینها رایحه مشخص گلها و ادویه جات رو هم میشه حس کرد
رایحه چای به خاطر وجود تنباکو حس تاریک و کمی تلخ و دودی داره و در حالی که تو رایحه های این عطر اسم هیچ گلی ذکر نشده شما میتونین به راحتی بوی گل رو داخل اش حس کنین
بوی گل شباهت زیادی به بوی گل مریم داره
به مرور زمان رایحه گل کاملا محو میشه و بوی عطر به جای اینکه بیشتر شیرین بشه، کمتر شیرین میشه
بوی تنباکو تا حد بسیار زیادی ضعیف میشه و به سختی میشه بوی اونو حس کرد
در این مرحله شما بوی ملایم با حس سبز چای رو حس میکنین که کمی رایحه شیرین عسل مانند و کمی رایحه های ادویه ای رو میشه در کنارش حس کرد
بوی عطر تو این مرحله شاید بگم 90 درصد شبیه گوچی هست
بوی عطر همینجوری میمونه و تغییری نمیکنه
پخش بو و ماندگاری این عطر متوسط به بالاست و به نسبت گوچی بهتره. البته قیمت اش هم خیلی بالاتره
من در کل عطرهای با رایحه چای زیاد دوست ندارم و وقتی سمپل این عطرم تموم شه به هیچ وجه قصد خرید یه بطری بزرگ از این عطرُ ندارم

christianne1
christianne1

This is a love it or hate it kind of fragrance and for me it smells so good it makes me use profanity and take the Lord's name in vain.

But when I first sprayed it I took the Lord's name in vain but with a completely different tone. It was more of an unhappy Samuel L. Jackson.

It smells rather frightening when you first spray it (insert Samuel L. Jackson). But after it settles it is the most mind boggling spicy tea fragrance that I have ever encountered. The tea is good and strong which is how I like tea scented fragrances - don't get wimpy on my tea now - and it delivers. Touch of cinnamon and spice and all that is nice. I normally despise smoky fragrances or anything with noticeable tobacco so don't let that scare you. This isn't masculine in the least. It seriously is just heavenly and I do not know any other way to describe it.

Once it settles down and does its magic...Sam Jackson's "GD" turns into more the kind he lets out while eating a Big Kahuna burger. "This IS a tasty fragrance."

Birdboy48
Birdboy48

A classic in the L' Artisan line, so why they've discontinued it ( at least in the US ) is a mystery to me. It does indeed smell like Gucci pour Homme II, which is discontinued as well.

If the days of tea scents are over it will be a shame, as this is quite nice stuff, and comes with a bit more projection and longevity that most L' Artisan's as well.

Italo Paz
Italo Paz

What happened to this one? I can't find it on online stores!

aiobhan
aiobhan

On first spay: Smoky-sweet, with a hint of spices.

Drydown: The tea, honey, and vanilla are REALLY coming through! The smokiness fades as the perfume warms on the skin, and the sweet, creamy vanilla and honey are a lovely basenote to the black tea smell.

2 hours later: The smokiness is not very noticeable, and the tea is sweet and dark, with the vanilla bringing in some warmth and softness.

I love this scent, and would recommend it to people who like warm, spicy, or dark gourmand scents.

curtmaster
curtmaster

Tea for Two, as I put it on for the first time today, I am intrigued yet puzzled as well like as the reviewer xabaras said. Its strong Anise mixed with honey, tobacco, tea makes for a strong scent in which wouldn't be appealing to everyone. In a way in the beginning it kinda reminds me of Givenchy, I forgot which fragrance, maybe play intense which gave me a headache expect for no head with this here. Still puzzled by this, I am going to have to give it a few more wearings. I got the 3.4oz bottle in a swap. I don't know but so far I can kinda see why L'Artisan discontinued this. The combination also makes it smell full of incense.

xabaras

I have ordered another sample of this which arrived today. I put it on and so far I am a little puzzled. I wrote a review of this very fragrance a little more than 2 years ago and all I talked about was smoky note, with a hint of sweet bezoin.. That was all I could smell then. This time all I can detect is tea, the fragrant and rich smell of green tea, and the sweetness of honey, which gives it a gourmand shape. It is like a nice sweet piece of that Welsh cake called Bara Brith. And here I am wondering what took me two years ago to smell all that smokiness in this fragrance. Today I can't detect any smoky note. Has my skin chemistry changed? Has my nose changed? Was there really Tea for two into that sample vial I ordered two years ago?

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

It opens with smoky milky black tea leaves and is quickly joined by tobacco and vanilla.

I got to say I think this scent is suffering from a identity crisis as it seems to morph from smelling like Gucci Pour Homme II and Tom Fords Tobacco Vanilla.

It smells nice but I just wish it had it's own character as I rather have the above two separately than a mish mash of them.

persefoni
persefoni

..i recently tested it, and was really looking forward to it, actually, given all the praising reviews here, from people who have owned it & who will miss it terribly, now that it's been discontinued...

The owner of the shop in athens was selling a half-used bottle, without lid (cap), for half the price - 54€: that's how greedy people here have become and how little they think of us.. needless to say, i din't buy it..

The scent is magnificent - spicy, oriental, strong, woody, incensey, smokey, christmasy...

Perfect for a house scent - even if a tad classic librarian... However, i wouldn't use it on a person, although i'm a spicy-oriental-woody lover. It smells much too strong, in my opinion, too heavy, too much of everything for a body scent ;) . It would be perfect for a candle, or oil for home fragrance-sticks!

Giabbotomato
Giabbotomato

I love this perfume on paper, but on my skin it turn way to sweet. A big load of tea with spices give a nice and clean verve to this scent. Cinnamon and anise give it a nice spicy twist. Probably what comes out on my skin is the tobacco and the leather, and mostly sweet honey and vanilla...too bad! this is perfume I would recommend 100%!

tmukome1
tmukome1

I did not like this at all. Something in it makes it feel more for old people. I feel Gucci pour Homme 2 is a younger fresher take on this.

LaniInFall
LaniInFall

This is a must try for people who love fall like me. In Spring or summer this fragrance would be very out of place. This is a fragrance I choose if I know I will be spending a majority of the day in a coffee shop studying, it mixes deliciously with the scents of a coffee shop. If I was a barista I would wear this every day. Another time I bring this out is for autumn walks or fall festivals. Its is a fantastic effortless-outdoorsy sort of smell when you are outside, but not animalistic at all. The downside to this scent is that in indoor sterile environments, like classrooms or offices, it can smell a little bit like a candle or air freshener... On me at least. As some other commenters have said, I think this would be a really sexy scent on a man and you wouldn't have that "air freshener" feel. I think women need to be more carful with this scent than men.

On me the dry down smells of sweet Chai. And is that a little bit of chocolate? I don't get cigarette at all. At the most a tiny bit of on-again off-again wood smoke.

Worth a try! Great cozy scent.

Mignonette6
Mignonette6

Love this fragrance and it is NOT just for men, although it would be very sexy on a man. It opens smoky (almost campfire) on me with lots of dry tea. After a while, it unfolds with honey and ginger. This scent may not be classically feminine, but it is sweet on me. The tea and smoke hangs in there & I love it for Fall. Alas, it is discontinued, but still can be found as a decant.

Carestinus
Carestinus

Lapsang souchong plus lots of honey. I didn't get this with my samples from l'Artisan the time I bought Dzongkha so I panicked when I read here they were discontinuing it (it's become a horrible way of making us urge to buy precious elixirs quick or never!!!). I finally bought it on a sale and well... after having Idole and Philosykos from Olivia my ideal was too high I guess but I'll try to be fair to T42.
First, everyone around seemed to love it, it was an instant "this smells marvellous!!" and "are you selling this? can you tell me in case you ever decide to do so?". I have 10 people on that ready-to-purchase-or-steal list lol.
I think this fits perfectly men and women. Its smoky sweet aura makes men appear tender and misterious but some days ago a girl friend borrowed it for a party and I found that it made her so chic and distinctive!!! On me, unfortunately, it gets a bit too honeyed and I get a bit lost on that. No doubts it smells gorgeous, similar to Gucci II. The same tea vibe but different paths-. Both are great.
Like Olivia's aforementioned scents, don't get upset because of longevity... people will smell this for hours! Her mastery at veiling and keeping things transparent does not mean these scents are weak or unnoticed. Believe me: Tea for two stays long! It doesn't project thaaat well but it isn't either a skin scent.
I can't see why some other people here say it's strong or repulsive... it works pretty much as a safe scent for me. Just like Idole, this is the other scent I wear on those days when I can't decide what to go with. I would never recommend it for summer though... I imagine it like a cloud of honey not letting you breathe... suffocating, helpppp!
I haven't yet found any single person disliking this. At the moment it is on sale at the french page of l'Artisan, so don't miss getting your bottle soon! I might buy new ones and invite 10 friends over for tea!

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

The Fragrance beat out quite a few other tea scents. It's like a cup of chai latte wrapping you in a big hug. When it all settles the vanilla and honey form leaving behind a great feeling.
The only bad thing it will not last an 8 hour day, but I feel like the brand L'artisan usually doesn't last that long on me at least.
I still decided to purchase it as I loved the cozy scent made me feel very relaxed. I will just re-apply if need be.

Why is it now that I have it, I smell the smoky tobacco in it. I didn't smell this as strongly when I sampled it. It does soften to the notes I stated above but the initial scent does contain a strong smoky scent which I did not smell at all before. I had a love hate battle for a short time because of the strong smokiness but now I absolutely love it.

There is a really noticeable smoked tea note in this fragrance! Only it reminds more a brew scent instead of tea drink in cups. Despite it seems to me very smoked in general, I like smoked scents, and that is why this fragrance seems to me very attractive:)

But it doesn't smell only this note. The tea note is just more noticeable because of its smoked insensitivity. But the other notes doesn't seem as interesting to me. I wouldn't say that it's honeyed enough fragrance. The anise and bergamot notes bring noticeable sourness and lightness to it. And I wouldn't say that this fragrance smells spicy.

It's not too intensive in general, except the smoked tea note.

Good and unique fragrance for sure, but actually, I like it mostly because of the Lapsang souchong tea note.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

chai tea.
scalding hot milk sweetend with honey.
cardamom and black tea thrown in.
serve in your oversized favorite mug and enjoy.
spicy, sweet, cosy, comfort for your nose.

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

too smokey. give me a green feeling for tea like GPH II

9154mf
9154mf

Quite nice like a slightly smoked chai tea.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Opens not all that convincingly at all. Smoky certainly (not like), but what really bugs me are the other ingredients. Seemingly not of great quality, or that the blending is not on par with the usual 'niche'.

Cannot distinguish the ginger- anyone that has tried ginger tea, this is nothing like as refreshing! Synthetic spices with incense? Yes, of course that would be here! Hmph.

Anise, I cannot really detect it. Mainly just a strange synthetic- incense at the start combined with smoky/powdery honey. Most bizarre. This was supposed to be a reflection of the orient, an exotic journey of fresh herbals and honey with tamed smoke. Nothing quite of the sort! It seems to be confused, devoid of any real character or refinement.

2 hours passing, smoke remains but very faint, and finally the quality tea begins to appear.

So a strange smoky chai-tea, a wholesome disappointment. I wanted more clarity and freshness in the ingredients, this being a niche. Instead I think the smoke simply interferes with what lies beneath resulting in quite a messy state. I am a fan of sweet, and it's presence is scarce to say the least here. I prefer sugar with my Chai thanks! I really was hoping for a more refreshing sweet tea, so for me- no joy here!

2/5.

Lilian
Lilian

Lovely! Captured sunlight. Steamy, honeyed, flowing. Lasts forever, but really close to the skin.

Jummy
Jummy

Love its smoky tea with vanilla scent. With its cigarette like smell, it more likely to be perfume for men. The lasting power is good but its silage is light on my skin.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Oh, this is such a delightful gourmand to me. It smells just like a gingerbread house with a nice cup of earl grey tea. A little dry, a little spicy, just a hint of icing sugar. That's all I have to say. I find the silage and lasting power quite average. It's crisp and suitable for any time of the year, the spices are lovely ( mainly nutmeg and a little bit of cloves if you ask me, with a tiny dash of cardamon). There is something from the gingerbread here that smells toasty. I think it resembles a little Immoretelle from L'occitane and Onde Mystere from Armani.
I find it definitely feminine, I don't see how a man could wear this, unless he wants to be attacked by hungry females.
Edit: In warmer weather it does have an "ashtray" undertone. Which of course I find sexy, because I smoke cloves and it fits me; something like tobacco mixed with spices burning. Smoky, unpredictible. Ahhh, just fantastic! But surely, an aquired taste.

RachelGrigg

L'eau. navigateur, but I don't know what else is. On Lartisan website I would hazard anything that isn't available in a 50 ml bottle just like tea for two was. Any way very friendly staff at covent garden branch, next day delivery too! Call them to see what's in sale, they were getting in stock yesterday for the sale. 02030403030

RachelGrigg

It is being discontinued. Just bagged two 100 ml flacons in Covent garden store, half price!!!! So had to have two, obviously! Stock up now I'd say, half price this weekend only apparently, 21st April. They sent it to me too. Even if you grow tired of it it'll be worth loads more in times to come flogging on eBay...

RachelGrigg

Love it, dark heavy and intense with amazing staying power, lasts well into the next day after a bath! Delicious. Expensive though. Once of a kind.

padraiginrua
padraiginrua

For me, the smoky note here reads like dirty ashtray. I think that i just have to avoid anything smoky. So disappointed. The search for the perfect tea fragrance continues...

Scentrist
Scentrist

To echo Arrogant_Cat, yes, it's been discontinued along with a few other scents in the line, L'Eau du Navigateur being another and some 50ml sizes being other victims to the axe.

I managed to find one of the few remaining pieces and since I've already smelled it and had it on my "want" list, I didn't want to be in the position of missing out again so...

And to answer the reviewing questions, yes, it has wht I'll consider a nice, somewhat-smoky Lapsang Souchong surrounded by warm spices. I'd encourage anyone to try Lapsang Souchong if they really believe the smoke is synthetic versus authentic. It simply becomes nicely sweetened with a balance of smokiness lingering in the background. If you like Olivia Giacobetti's work, chances are you'd love this; if not, you won't.

dhoakohime
dhoakohime

has this scent been reformulated somehow? when i first sampled it in the store i could feel sweetness int he background that made it warm and unisex....i was gifted a full bottle and as i spayed it, i can smell tons of ginger and spices, none of the cinnamon that i once smelled at the store...very masculine

kris919
kris919

At first I thought my sample mistakenly contained Dzing! the opening were similar to me. But I think thats because of the strong ginger & vanilla in the opening. But a few minutes later, I can smell the tea, spices, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla, and honey. This is warm and spicy just like chai tea, and I have no idea why it's being discontinued. It's such a nice perfume. The actual l'artisan web-site is right now selling tea for two for 50% off, as well as a few other scents (just a heads up)
By the way, doesnt last all that long...a few hours.

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

It`s not a review, just trying to be helpful :
the SA lady in the Artisan shop told me that Tea For Two is getting discontinued so if you are planning to try/buy it, grab it while you can.

xabaras

Very smoky from the start. I can detect benzoin even if it's not in the notes. It's very aromatic and different. Even pleasant I guess on the right man. I don't think it's for me. To me it's a very masculine fragrance, and I don't smoke, so I would not want to smeel like heavy smokers do. Not for me, definitely.

Majesty
Majesty

Tea for Two is one of my favourite perfumes. Smoky,spicy,warm tea-honey-spice combination.What an amazing perfume!It is very well blended and very unique,I haven't smelled anything similar like Tea for Two.Exquisite scent,,my only complain is the lasting power..I wish it could last a bit longer..No matter what it's gonna be FOREVER in my collection.My congratulations to Olivia Giacobetti.Simply majestic!

Camin
Camin

This starts out rather sharp and smoky to me--like having a cup of Earl Grey by the fire. The tobacco note seems very pronounced though it is not listed. I don't get spices until the drydown--it is sweet then, like honey that has settled to the bottom of your teacup. Maybe a hint of cardamom then. It's interesting and witty, like a good conversation over tea.

nonnative
nonnative

there aren't many L'artisan fragrances that I consider masculine or feminine. But t.4.2 is for men only! On me it's very bad. On a man it's exciting and perfecly wearable. A very nice winter evening in front of the fireplace. One of the best male parfume for my husband. Smoky at the beginning, it gives out its tea notes after a while. Just wait.

netorian
netorian

I WANT IT! Not erotic, not sensual. But, who doesn't like tea???

This is the niche fragrant what i want to wear for meetings, daily work. Very calming scent. Good to wear.

Well.. it's reassure like a tea... better than a tea...

I want it! I need it!

(Please don't forget what i wrote, i want as an uniqe scent! /This part was bold... Sooo... I just wrote silliness... Forget this scent please.../)

poivrerose
poivrerose

The opening is naturally herby and slightly medicinal to me. I cannot exactly pinpoint the notes but it's remniscent of something you might use for sore muscles. As it warms up it gains a slight hint of smokiness, but there is something plasticy lurking here. There's also an undercurrent of mustiness. Maybe this is like discovering a very old tin of herbal tea leaves in your grandmother's once smoked in basement, popping off the top and taking a whiff. This is very dry and herby/medicinal, slightly musty with a hint of smoke. I don't get any sweetness from the honey. It actually cleans up a bit the longer it wears. But I'd have to say this tea is a bit stale. It is not as richly spicy as I was expecting. The spices seem muddled, putting a damper on one another. The sillage is quite light, longevity not great. Smells nicer on a chilly breeze in the open air. An outdoors scent perhaps.

lindy-fay
lindy-fay

This take me 17 years back in time to my brother´s small apartment, where we used to hang out with friends after school, drinking Lapsang Oolong with milk in huge ceramic mugs (thinking we were alternative and cool), listening to the Cure, punk and techno. Good memories! I love it!

A smoky and spicy combo of dry tobacco and tea. Mr Turin compares this to Indian Chai tea but I've to firmly disagree with him considering that cardamom plays a quite important role in the Chai's original formula while it's completely inexistent in Tea For Two. Spices here, are mainly cinnamon and star anise that play an important role, with some ambery-vanilla, balancing the general dryness with a slight touch of sweetness. Not as complex as others of the Giacobetti's compositions but still an above the average "modern-oriental". Good work.

Rating: 7.5/10

I tried to largely avoid the top notes, as I always do, and what I get from this mostly is a spicy, soft, vanllic fragrance with a hint of tea in the background. The spices have a quality that I associate with Indian food, though not to an extreme degree. It has no "wow factor" for me but I can understand how it might for some people. Definitely a sample first fragrance.

UPDATE: I tried to see what the top notes were like for this one and indeed there is an interesting smoky/black tea quality, but this just reinforces my thought that I should avoid top notes as much as possible, because even if I really liked the top notes here, they don't last long enough.

pioggia-secca
pioggia-secca

To me it reminds of Jeaux de Peau Serge Lutens. Actually was choosing between these two but took Tea for Two, also because of the price :)
Smoky, definitely a fall fragrance. Not so much a of tea-like, though, but very appealing. Gently sweet and tasty, kind of an aroma that makes you think of cookies and pies :)

jglass54
jglass54

I really wanted to like this fragrance, as I generally love fragrances based on tea and I also love smoky fragrances; however, the smokiness in Tea for Two turned into a horrible "I've been in a smoky bar for 6 hours" smell on my skin....like an ashtray. The tea note was very weak and faded away quickly. Tea for Two is a no-go for me.

sofiii
sofiii

Tea for Two is a discreet, light, Chai scent with nearly skin-scent type of sillage.

Upon application, it smells of Chai Tea Latte is the immediate reaction of mine, however, within minutes the slightly sweet-creamy-vanilla-y undertone vanished and Tea for Two gets a bit sweet woody with smooth silky and slightly spicy Chai-like quality. Not sure why it makes me think of autumn dry leaves and fireplace, all in a really comfy setting.

Then the perfume is quite linear with the milky undertone comes back occasionally. It is like a cup of really good Chai Latte.

I’m a Chai Tea Latte lover, but I’m not sure why when it’s in a perfume form, I find it weird and I feel a bit nauseous some times. This also applies to Etro’s Etra Etro. Both are really gorgeous unisex Chai Tea Latte scent, unfortunately neither of them is really for me.

If you like Chai Tea Latte, you might love this!

lady69
lady69

I like it. It is very fine, very delicious fragrance. But unfortunately also very quite and disappeared after 3-4 hours (normally l'Artisans keep good on me up to 8 hours for EDT and 12 hours for EDP).
Fragrance is really fantastic, but more suitable as a day perfume for a young blond lady or for … tea for two! It is a little bit too intimate, but not really sexy.

Yerdan
Yerdan

For a niche this is a relatively subdued perfume.
It opens with apple peelings and cinnamon and a flowery note I can't identify. It is sweet with a tiny bitter note. I have a tea made of dry fruits called "Berry" which smells similarly.
Some have identified a smoky rubber note, I'd say more like leather but it's quite faint.
With time I find it increasingly difficult to tell individual notes, but it is a linear scent. The spices part goes in the way of cardamom or cloves, but as I said it is difficult to tell. On me in any case no anise, bergamot or black tea.
What I dislike is the effect that after 15 mins all is gone except at an altitude below 2 cm above the skin. There a sticky melasse of indistinct sweet cinnamony stuff lingers, which is quite simple and boring.

Heverton
Heverton

Tea for two opens with a dominant chord of black tea, such as Gucci Pour Homme II, but more intense, richer, along with some cinnamon and a floral chord (star anise?) That although not in the notes, I can feel.

And so it continues, giving more space for a smoky and dense chord in the course of time, but by no means overwhelming.

At the base notes then we have the emergence of honey which mixed with the aroma of black tea, gives a sensational chord to the fragrance.

Anyway, very nice! An adult version of the Gucci Pour Homme II.

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

Very similar to Yves de Sistelle´s "Chairman". Much cheaper and not worst. Try it out. It costs only 12 Euros.

junglefun
junglefun

I sampled this only twice, but what I got was a good scent mixed with ashes from an ashtray. If you want to smell like an ashtray, look no further........to my nose anyways.

Louw
Louw

I expected this to be much more smoky and spicy than it is on my skin. I found it quite bright and zesty with strong bergamot and a definite undertone of tea, but on me the spicy notes were lost and it quickly faded to a pleasant but nondescript woody base.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Much, much sweeter than I expected, not in the same world as lapsang suchong, earl grey, or even chai, it starts out with lots of freshly cured tobacco, a little citrus, a little bouquet of indolic white flowers (jasmine?), and maybe a pinch of ginger. I hardly smell tea at all, or if there’s tea there, it’s the “sweet tea” of the US South, plain old Lipton tea, usually consumed cold, sweetened with so much sugar that a spoon stuck in the glass will practically stand up straight on its own even without being propped by the usual pack of crushed ice.

It’s sweet tea consumed in a little dive somewhere on the road before the days of non-smoking venues. It’s in a tobacco town so, in addition to the indoor smoking, there’s the scent of curing tobacco wafting in from outside along with some sun-warmed jasmine pumping out indoles for the benefit of the local insect population. There’s a wedge of lemon in the tea, and it’s accompanied by a slice of peach cobbler lightly spiced with cinnamon and vanilla. Sillage is pretty good, so I’m surprised by all of the comments saying that there’s little or none. T42 is definitely a gourmand scent, not a tea scent. I like it.

Migotka
Migotka

A lovely summer afternoon, sun, a breeze, a cup of my favourite tea. I love Lapsang Souchong. I know this is a kind of tea a lot of people find not appealing because of it strong, 'smoked' scent. But this is what drew me to it. The smokiness, the aroma, the atmoshpere. I drink it all year round and I stored 3 bags of it in my kitchen cupboard not to run out.

I like Tea for Two because of how close to Lapsang Souchong it is. I enjoy smelling of it just as I like my cup of tea late in the afternoon. I like the citrus and the lovely cinnamon in it. It is a well balanced fragrance that is heavy in spices, but still light and cheerfull. I was surprised to see vanilla and honey in the base, because it seemed to me that if there is something T4T is lacking, it is sweetness. Luckily, because sweetness and lapsang souchong do not go well together at all.

An exceptional tea fragrance for people liking something a little bit differen. Definitely my cup of tea (sorry for the bad pun, could not resist).

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Chai tea, freshly brewed and gently spiced with a sparkling citrus aroma on top. Sitting in a cosy chair in front of a fire, feet up with a book to read.

The room starts to fill with smoke--thick and black. Oh no! Call the chimney sweep! Finally, he's here to unblock the plug... *POOF* Dense sooty clouds everywhere. Opening windows to let out the suffocating haze, out you go!

Back in my chair with my book and tea, feet curled up underneath me. The smell of ash and soot still lingers a little but most of it's gone, thank goodness. Relaxing and sipping my chai, breathing in the warm vanilla spiced aroma. Down to the bottom of the cup now where I finally reach the unstirred honey... mmmm......

Lady Love
Lady Love

This is a very special and different perfume. If you like different, go and try a sample.

Tea for Two is Spicy, sweet, DARK, and extremely smoky, like a pleasant and delicious Cuban Cigars Habanos.

I LOOOOVEEE this fragrance! Very Addictive and one of the best and original aromatic Spicy fragrance out there.

scentous
scentous

the first spray is all about smoke...it is real smoke like a wood burning or any kind of smoked food which I liked a lot (sounds weird but I couldn't put my nose away from my wrist)..after half an hour smokiness all faded away and soft spicy aroma is left getting softer and more subtle with time (chai tea effect as everybody mentioned)..I perefer this on a man than a woman..I must say longevity is poor just like other L'artisan fragrances, pitty:(( as it is a very distinctive and different(in a good way) scent...wish it was more strong..

delphine67
delphine67

this smells nice like Chai tea,very spicy. A bit smokey also. I can detect the ginger and cinnamon very well. The ginger makes it slightly fresh in the beginning. The dry down is a spicy chai. Dont know if I would really wear it as a perfume.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I bought this blind after reading these reviews as I could think of few things better than smelling like a cup of tea or chai. I'm not disappointed but there are a few surprises. Firstly it is not a strong perfume. I have to bury my nose in my wrist to get it and I don't think other people would even know it is there. I don't get as much chai as other people. It is quite smoky, more like Earl Grey or maybe Twinings Prince of Wales. Only a tiny amount of anise thank goodness as I don't like that note. I can understand the hints of rubber, too, but do not find it offensive. Everything about this perfume is subdued.

This is a really fascinating scent. I'm waiting for it to develop on me. Waiting with excitement, actually. It is one of the rare ones that is lasting on my skin. This would be the most unusual perfume I have in my collection. I'm intrigued. (Attractive classic bottle too.)

As a long-time caffeine addict who begins each day with a triple expresso followed by a pitcher of ice-cold water, I have gone through several phases in my quest for afternoon re-caffeination. One of these has been chai, which I drank religiously for about two years. During that time I became a veritable expert on the range of chais available, from low-grade to high-grade, from bags to loose tea.

With this background, I immediately recognized L'Artisan Parfumeur TEA FOR TWO as a faithful facsimile of what I refer to as "spice cabinet chai," which is a loose variety produced by a number of tea emporia. The mixture is rich in cloves, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, star anise, you name it, it's in this heavily spice-laden chai which, to be rendered potable, requires the admixture of an equal amount of black assam tea before steeping. Adding more of the chai itself produces an unsatisfying result, as the final product then tastes more like spice-infused water than tea.

TEA FOR TWO does open darkly, with an assam-like black tea aspect, but the spices swiftly take over, rendering this composition a bit too heavy-handed for this nose. I can see how some might like it though--in my case, it's probably just an example of "familiarity breeds contempt." I would not want to smell like this. In addition to finding the spices too loud, I also find fresh tea leaf compositions much more appealing than TEA FOR TWO, the tea note of which is black, albeit faint next to the spice mélange. Désolée.

njdeb
njdeb

This starts like a spicy chai tea minus the milk and sweetness. There is a hint of smokiness to the scent, and the emphasis is on the "hot" spices, like ginger and pepper.

The tea note is very realistic and reminds me of a long-steeped, tannin-rich, black tea. After ten minutes or so, the honey note becomes apparent to sweeten the brew up a bit. I really don't pick up much vanilla.

Tea for Two is nothing like most of the popular tea scents on the market today (ie. Bvlgari and Elizabeth Arden). Unlike these lighter, citrusy green tea perfumes, this is definately a cold weather scent.

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is for me. While I do like the dry smoky aspect, the spiciness is a tad heavy-handed for my liking.

Also, surprisingly for a perfume that starts out so strongly, longevity is only so-so.

Tea for Two, is thankfully not all about the tea. I had a great fear that it would turn out like Bvlgari's Eau Parfumee au The Rouge, which is the closest thing to rich, black tea that I've ever come across.

L'Artisan's Tea for Two opens quite spicy and leathery. I immediately detected a hint of steamy warmth, the sensual kind which suits both men and women. It was cozy, dark, intense and in some instances, a little tobacco-like.

I didn't sense the tea note until the heart, which takes on a less foody role and more aromatic when blended with the smokey spices. There's also a touch of sweetness in this composition, kind of like a drizzle of honey in a cup of chai tea.

The vanilla in the drydown, when blended with the spices, reminds me of a softer, more feminine version of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. It has that familiar rich and sensual aroma, that while unisex, makes me feel like a confident, sexy woman.

I kind of avoided this fragrance because of the tea reference. I can only stomach green tea, and even still it's not my drink of choice. People in the same vote should not disregard this fragrance. It's perfect for those who love bold, spicy, slightly masculine, smokey and exotic fragrances.

Tea for Two is romantic, a little old-fashioned and rather unique. I love how special this smells on my skin. It's just the scent to wear on a cold, rainy day as it gives me that feeling of being warm, regal and classy.

joon
joon

slightly smoky and leathery upon initial application, this soon dried down into a lovely, spicy, slightly sweet tea-and-spices scent on me. wears close to the skin and smells just like i wanted etat libre d'orange's "noel au balcon" (which i love in the bottle but can't wear) to smell on me.

Zhara
Zhara

Such a true black tea fragrance, so complex, so reassuring, so delightful - and surely that's tobacco as well? Leaves just packed from curing, not yet smoky - but full of the promise or smoke. To be smoked, a precognition of smoke, intuitive smoke awareness. A velvet smoking jacket, porcelain cups clinking against saucers..... but no tea party here - instead this is Mycroft's afternoon cup in his favorite cordovan leather chair, just opening a freshly stocked humidor.

The problem? While Tea for Two might give the aroma of the Diogenese Club, it does so only in the faintest of whispers. This is scent of a letter written on stationary that only momentarily resided in Mycroft's desk. This is a slip of air escaping the foyer of the club out into the street on a rainy afternoon, only to be drowned out mere inches outside of the door. Tea for Two wears as close to my skin as a stocking, which is barely any fun for me, and certainly not the faintest trace of a clue for anyone else to find.

. . . . . . . .

saaaaaayyyy...... now *THERE'S* an idea: Tea for Two Extreme.

Cereza
Cereza

Oh yes, it smells like gingerbread cookies at the opening, there are loads of cinnamon so better be a cinnamon lover to appreciate this scent. It's truly beautiful. I love anise and I love cinnamon and this is the perfect Christmas scent. Very spicy and with great silage. When the scent develops it goes to a "masala" scent. You know - the tea, which is actually milk with spices? I've always called that "loving" tea, because it makes me feel very warm, it's comforting. Ah, I would love to add this to my collection.

fpih
fpih

I expected this to have a more smokey feeling. However, on my skin this smells exactly like black Lipton tea with a drop of milk and a spoonful of sugar. I don't like the idea of smelling as if the teapot accidentally overturned and soaked my clothes. As much as I enjoy drinking tea, I don't enjoy wearing it:)

BIG
BIG

upon application, i smelt dark spicy black tea brewing with rich aroma. After some minutes the drydown became highly recognizable. I just knew i smelt the same accord somewhere else or should i say the "entire drydown" somewhere else. Alas, it finally came to me that Tea for Two smells if not almost then exactly like ST Dupont NOIR. I don't know who ripped each other off, but it's safe to say, imho, that around 80-85% of the scent is identical.

Gosha
Gosha

I agree with henri345que that this tea is hot and exotic. This concoction is very dry, dark, smoky, very dusty and spicy. The slightly gourmand hint and creamy sweetness that others mention only starts shyly developing (on me) some long 10-15 minutes into wearing it. The beginning is very smoky and leathery in fact I am surprised that no one else seems to be noticing the strong cigarette like smell. Not in a bad way (when you are a smoker, I suppose...). In fact its like the first few puffs of a freshly lit cigarette that you have been craving for a long time. Or that after smoke smell that normally seems rather repulsive, but that seems attractive when coming from a sexy man you fancy. But it's a cigarette nevertheless and I am not sure if I like smelling like one. The cinnamon/vanilla/honey comes to me much later along with something creating much more feminine impression. It is interesting creation indeed, but I will not be buying it any time soon. I am sure, however, that someone will be thrilled to wear it. :-)

Passionflower
Passionflower

This reminds me of Celestial Seasonings tea! Now I love CS tea, don't get me wrong, but would I wear it? I do love tea fragrances like Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden, but this one is a bit too Chai-like to my taste.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I am not an especial fan of tea scents but midsummer made this sound so enticing in her review that I just had to try it.

I find that Tea For Two opens with a spicy ginger cinnamon biscuit aroma which is quite lovely. At this stage there is a definate sweet milkiness, possibly wafting up from the basenote of vanilla.

It isn't until a couple of hours into the fragrance that I am able to pick up of an inky black tea sweetened with honey which is immensely enjoyable.

Tea For Two is delicious but I don't love it enough to justify a full bottle at niche prices. Not yet anyway.

midsummer
midsummer

I don't generally wear gourmand fragrances - but I might make an exception for this one! This isn't so much a tea fragrance as it is a tea-and-gingersnaps fragrance. It truly does evoke a Victorian tea party, sweet, ornate and a teensy bit repressed. I'd say it's a little too sugary and high-pitched for me to actually purchase, but I could imagine it being a great scent on a cold winter day.

hollycat
hollycat

I dont smell any tea. Just spices. Very spicy and thats all I can say. Not bad, not good. And longevity and silliage is poor. Not for me.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

My favorite of L'Artisan to date.

The better lasting power of all I've tried of L'Artisan and amazingly versatile for ALL occasions and seasons. I'd give a 10 but the sillage is not that great.
Great comforting scent and for bed time especially.
I can detect at times orange peeling
(I know there is not any orange in this) in addition of vanilla and tea with ginger. I detect this orange note especially on clothes.

This scent is one of the most changing over times and wearings. Each times it smell different on my skin and clothes. Amazing!

mahanta
mahanta

The opening was very promising, but unfortunately in 5 minutes a sickening plastic scent set in and remained there. Must be my body chemistry - a no-go for me:(

yvashche
yvashche

I love tea perfumes, but there are very few good ones. This is one of them. Very black tea, infused with sugary zest. Warm and soft. Unfortunately, L'Artisan perfumes don't last, so I don't make an investment in any large bottles, though I love several of their scents.

bronstein
bronstein

Nice one, both subtle and inspiring. I would prefer it to be smelled on men, but that doesn't mean it's unsuitable for women. Anyone for tea and biscuits?

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

To be honest, this is not a perfume that I had even considered trying, even though I am addicted to tea!! Then I received a sample with another purchase. I tried it for the first time today. IT IS YUMMY!!!! A true tea scent. Somewhat smokey, like Lapsang Souchong tea with honey and cinnamon. Just lovely. I think this may be my Christmas present to myself:)

KJanicki
KJanicki

For the first few minutes it's like drinking a cup of milky tea while sitting next to a bonfire! So much smoke. That settles down and it becomes more like a cup of chai and the spices come out. underneath I can definitely smell the honey but it's a homey that leans towards the linden blossom and not the urinous side of honey.
It's very nice after that strong smoke is gone. A great fall scent.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I'm trying Tea for Two for the first time today & my oh my....what a smokey cup of tea it is! I'm not even sure if it's really MY cup of tea.

After it settles, I get a distinct smell of cinnamon & spices mixed with smoke & tea, where the tea, thankfully, is becoming more pronounced by the minute. However, the smokiness (slightly reminiscent of that in Shalimar) remains present about an hour, though it almost turns rubbery after a while. When it finally dries down, I get a honeyed tea with just a smidgeon of smokey residue, being mixed with a rubber baby spoon. Interesting.... This has more character than I'm used to. Not entirely a bad thing, just not something I'm used to handeling with grace. =) Fun for sniffs though!

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

This scent confused me. Upon first whiff, I smelled the off-putting band-aid note that can be found in the top notes of Shalimar in EDT formulation. But I gave it a minute and discovered something lactonic, sweet, and deep. It was a smoky, spicy Earl Gray tea with a dash of sugar and a lot of milk, very similar to what I'd expected. There was more spice than citrus here, more smoke than freshness.

Unfortunately, while I kept sniffing, hoping to discover that the awful band-aids note had disappeared, the entire scent itself did a vanishing act and was gone without a trace in less than half an hour. Granted, this was poured onto my wrist (albeit generously) from a sample vial and I didn't spray it onto my pulse points, but I won't be purchasing this one for lack of staying power, even if it is interesting enough to come back to for a second sniff.

If you're a fan of Earl Gray tea and milk, don't have band-aid associations with whatever is lurking in the top notes, and you don't mind a scent without much staying power or sillage, give this one a try. Not worth the hefty price tag for me, but like all L'Artisans, it has its fans.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

This is an amazing tea for anyone who's addicted to tea. Rich, smoky, cozy, pure, fresh, relax, lovely. So good for summer.

Auguszta
Auguszta

If I had to pick one single scent and use it for the rest of my life (not knowing any Lutens scents, that is), this would be my choice. This tea is dark, smoky, spicy, has loads of character and is incredibly comforting, too.
I just hope it never ever gets discontinued because I'd have no idea what to replace it with. Nothing comes even close.

knightz
knightz

Tea for Two starts out light and dry with an Anise note that is bathed in a Cinnamon-Vanilla accord. Very soon it becomes smokey, like whiffs of the white smoke coming off a burning log in the fireplace. I remember the first time I smelled this, it startled me the way the smokiness could push the Anise aside like that. There are other spicy and herbaceous notes along with the smoke, including a Honey sweetened, but tart, Ginger note that warms up the heart.

It is a rural type fragrance but not rustic, as rustic could suggest a lack of refinement, or crude and unsophisticated, and that's not true of this fragrance. Tea for Two is a well blended, sophisticated, and refined collection of rural smells, very Aromatic-Spicy. It's one of the stronger L'Artisan scents for the first hour, then it pulls in closer. As the description card says, it becomes a "blend you can enjoy as a second skin". Tea for Two is in my top three favorite L'Artisan fragrances. I love it.

VioletLily
VioletLily

Dang it. I tried Tea for Two for the second time today and I can't wear it, even though I so wanted to smell like Chai Tea! Initially, it's just like the delicious aroma of fresh Chai tea spiked with cardamom, clove and cinnamon, with a touch of ginger, nutmeg and possibly pepper. About five minutes later though, gahhhh! Burnt rubber and smoke!! I'm not sure what gives it that note, but it goes on for almost an hour on me. I so wish that note could be replaced with a touch of creaminess! It would be divine then – for me anyway!
I should say though, that when that rubber fades away, the cardamom, clove and cinnamon are back. It's actually rather lovely, but now too soft. And on the final dry-down, I am left with lovely tea and honey, but it's barely there....I can only sniff it if I press my nose up against my arm.

So, there you go, it's not for me, but if you're interested in a Chai Tea fragrance, definitely give it a test, the smoky rubber thing might not bother you!

hcl
hcl

I can’t imagine wearing this in the summer. For me Tea for Two is great scent for cold weather – winter or late fall. I've been having an on-again, off-again relationship with this fragrance. At first I loved it, then I tried it in the summer time and hated it. Now I’m not sure where we stand this time. I like the smokiness here; it reminds me a mountain campfire. I don’t need a full bottle though; 15 ml bottle would be ok.

After a plastic-scented launch, Tea for Two dries down to fresh, sweet tea with just a touch of smoke. Great summer scent. It still sometimes gets a plastic edge that is not so nice, but it's faint. I think it’s the synthetic smoke. Overall, it's very nice.

Tea for Two by L`Artisan Parfumeur 4.14 out of 5 based on 651 ratings and 102 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tea for Two by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tea for Two by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.