Designers » L » Floral « Groups

dislike

tuberose
coconut
yellow floral

Tubereuse by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Floral fragrance for women. Tubereuse was launched in 1978. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Francois Laporte. The fragrance features tuberose, ylang-ylang and coconut milk.

Tuberose Ylang-Ylang Coconut Milk

Tubereuse Fragrance Reviews

nexangelus
nexangelus

Old fashioned (but in a good way), oily, buttery, almost vanillic tuberose with a milky, mesemerising quality. Heady and fantastic. This is my favourite tuberose "soliflore"!

lilalina
lilalina

One of the most beautiful tuberose scents i've came across. Very sensual, sweet and tropical. Waxy, balmy feel like it will last long on the skin. Floral but not too strong and overpowering, very well blended.

candidenise
candidenise

When I first tried it, I didn't know if I liked it because of the pink pepper in the perfume. When I first apply this scent, thats the first thing I notice. Once it dries down, it smells amazing.
The scent lasts a really long time. When I spray it on my clothes, it smells strong for the entire day. On my skin, I can smell it very well for at least 8 hours.
I have many tuberose scents, and I don't get a strong tuberose smell from this. However, when my friend wears this, I can smell it a bit more. I guess it depends on the person who wears it.
IMO, this perfume is a great buy. I feel sexy when I am wearing this scent. Its a bit pricey, but worth every cent.

pauroj
pauroj

oh lord sometimes i love you and sometimes i loathe you , is very strong sillage is montrous is very sinthetic and is loud
i get the coconut vibe , is incredibly sweet too
i have a love-hate thing going on for tuberose

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Tuberose is a flower I adore in real life but in perfumes it can be overpowering and often soapy. It was the soapiness that made me get rid of Fracas, I just couldn't take it on me, despite loving it in the bottle. It was the cloying quality of Amarige that made me dislike it.
But L'Arisan's Tubereuse is beautiful. It's calm and delicate. Has no drama in it, just a soft, fleshy beauty. No soap according to my nose, no indolic white notes either, no greenery. I do get the already mentioned pencil shavings smell in it too, but it doesn't bother me. Coconut and ylang don't bring much sweetness on skin, yet on clothes it seems to be much sweeter ( and better).
The silage and lasting power aren't great; who needs a cloud of tuberose anyways?
As a side note, I layered it over my beloved Armani Si... and heaven happened. I had some SI left over on my shirt, and sprayed this one on top. Suddenly the tuberose took a sweeter turn and became a warmer, sexier persona .
Highly recommended to tuberose lovers, although if you love the shouting of Fracas you might find this one too soft. Keeper for me!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Wow! This is a prototypical synthetic tuberose floral scent right out of the vial, a tuberose soliflore if ever there was one. It has the sour washcloth, the wet cardboard, the wintergreen, and the indolic white floral notes, all rolled into one big package - and it is big, with powerhouse sillage. Beneath the tuberose is the scent of a coconut body lotion that’s starting to go rancid.

Within the first hour or two, the scent on my skin evolves into a thick and creamy gardenia with a little bit of wood in the base, not a bad gardenia scent, but not as nice to my nose as some of the light, dewy ones that are out there. It’s interesting that the scent on my clothing retains the tuberose characteristics. Longevity is excellent, 10-12 hours on skin and longer on clothing.

I generally don’t like floral perfumes, but despite what probably sounds like an unflattering description, I found Tubereuse interesting and fun to wear. For tuberose lovers, it’s a must-try.

IlDottoreFaustus
IlDottoreFaustus

I would like to convince myself that it is a tuberose theme, but my nose tells me it has INDOLE in theme. Quite good over all, flamboyant enough (though compared to Fracas.)

L'Artisan Parfumeur TUBEREUSE is a slightly woody tuberose perfume to my nose, despite the apparent lack of woody notes in the composition. Actually, I do not really believe that this is a three-note wonder: tuberose, ylang, and coconut. Surely TUBEREUSE has a base which includes some woody notes to create this warmth, given that the ylang is not detectable as such. Further evidence is the excellent longevity.

TUBEREUSE is far less assertive--and flamboyant--than FRACAS, but it is not just a FRACAS wannabe, as so many tuberose perfumes seem to be. There is a somewhat tropical appeal here, but without any real sweetness. TUBEREUSE offers a unique take, introducing creaminess via coconut rather than vanilla.

What others are describing as "buttery" seems to me to be more a matter of the characteristic creaminess of tuberose intensified by unsweetened coconut and grounded in a warm woodish base. I like TUBEREUSE and would wear it--especially in cold weather--were the perfume gods magnanimous enough to bestow a bottle upon me. (-:

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

It has taken me a while to really appreciate this stunning fragrance. I finally do and really appreciate its intoxicating sultry beauty. The composition is simple on paper and a fantasy on the skin. Ylang-ylang provides the substance while Coconut Milk aerates on the skin, revealing different aspects of itself as it melds with the skin. The Coconut Milk present in this fragrance is quite multi-dimensional and the gorgeous sultriness of it are quite intoxicating. This lasts longer than other L'Artisan's I own but not very long compared with other heavier fragrances.

I'm shocked at the bad reviews for this perfume. It doesn't smell so crap to me! It actually smells a pleasant plain tuberouse with a coconut edge, which I see is very common in tuberouse scents. It maybe a way to give strenght to a chemical tuberouse?
Anyway I like L'artisan Tuberouse more than other tuberouse scents, because it is simpler and a little tamed compared let's say By Kilian Beyond Love (love!). I have no idea if it is chemical or not. L'Artisan claims to be natural based (more or less IMO).
The problem is that tuberouse is difficult in itself and it can provoke repulsion in many people. It's a flower that you either love or hate it. I also smell the buttery edge but it is so faint and mingles nicely with the flower.
It smells to me like a fragment of Givenchy Amarige, as if someone took away a piece from Amarige's puzzle and put it apart to make a separate perfume. Amarige also has a weird edge that many people describe as rotten fruit or vegetable, but I don't smell this edge on me.
All in all it is a very wearable tuberouse, joyful and sunny white, slightly soapy in the drydown and quite longlasting. Chemistry must be the trick here.

Spring25
Spring25

I liked the first initial burst of coconut with the powerful tuberose note, and I am not much of a coconut fan. I just thought the combination of coconut and tuberose was a good one. At first, it reminded me a little of my visit to Hawaii. I didn't really like the drydown though. That reminded me more of stale vegetables. The fragrance lasted only a couple hours for me.

Aur-ha-kadosh
Aur-ha-kadosh

i liked it but oh god it is so synthetic not natural at all !!!! it smells like a body cream with cocnut and vanilla , things like that !!! it was so agressive and unnatural that i reacted physically with an instinctive move of repulsion, but i want to be fair, long time after the dry down it smells good but its not natural while im looking for a very natural smell of tuberose !

fragrancefiend
fragrancefiend

I generally like tuberose fragrances, especially those that combine it with coconut. I also like almost all l'Artisan scents I have tried so I was really looking forward to this sample. It is one of my least favorite tuberose scents - almost smells like rotting vegetation. I thought it would get better after the dry-down, and it did, but still was not anything I would want to try again.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Tubereuse fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Tubereuse, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tubereuse by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tubereuse by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.