Designers » L » Oriental Floral « Groups

Vanilia L`Artisan Parfumeur for women

Vanilia L`Artisan Parfumeur for women
dislike

yellow floral

Vanilia by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Vanilia was launched in 1978. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Francois Laporte. The fragrance features ylang-ylang, vanilla and sandalwood.

Ylang-Ylang Vanilla Sandalwood

Vanilia Fragrance Reviews

Jtay
Jtay

A truly wonderful perfume; it's a pity they discontinued it. Overly-sweet to the point of hilarity. It was a revelation when it first came out, and despite a number of wannabe copycats, nobody has truly replicated it. Fun and unpretentious. I don't agree that it is a "wedding scent"; it's not particularly serious, sophisticated or romantic imo. Good beach scent. Clever and funny. A dumb blonde who is secretly quite clever, but can't be bothered to let anyone know... Those who are worth it will figure her out themselves.

Lana148
Lana148

Vanilla and ylang-ylang composition.

I could swear, I also smell neroli and little citrus here. Anyway, this is little sweet, soft & delicate vanilla with some floral, Mediterranean-tropical flair.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

L’Artisan Vanilia
There are so many discussions about Wedding Day perfumes – about finding the perfect fragrance that honors that special day. Every bride is looking for something classic, refined, elegant, and beautiful. Sadly, I have yet to see any discussions about a honeymoon perfume.

I think the perfect honeymoon perfume would honor the magic of the beginning of a love that lasts a lifetime with its own special fragrant blessing. It would invoke the memories of intimate days walking hand in hand on an exotic beach planning the rest of your lives together. It would have to be WARM to represent a warm happy life together. It would have to be SIMPLE and BEAUTIFUL to represent the gift of love that can weather all things. It would have to be SEXY to always keep the fires burning. It would have to be INTRIGUING to represent the changes to come. It would have to be LUSH to represent the hope of a prosperous life. It would have to be MYSTERIOUS for the courage to explore the dark times when they come. It would have to be FEMININE to showcase the gift of your body, mind, and heart to your beloved.

This perfume is all this and more. The ylang-ylang, sandalwood, and smoky vanilla immediately transported me to an intimate, sexy, exotic beach wearing the pink shades of a new love. What a pity this is no longer being produced, but just like a precious love, I am going to savor this bottle until the last drop. Thank you, L’Artisan, for honoring the honeymoon phase with this masterpiece.

lisa o
lisa o

actually not quite a vanilla, I find! more a sweet neroli.
this might sound a little crazy...
I mixed macerat of gardenia des incas (tripodanthus acutifolius) and monoi (tiaré), plus quite a few drops of neroli oil, a drop of sandalwood, some drops of vanilla absolute and coco extract....just accidentally in this combination..

And although the real juice in the bottle is for sure different, a complex mixture of malty-vanillic syntheticals and Neroli, this was so close to the perfume that it gave me that extreme flash of a scent that you recognize and didn't smell for a long time.
I have still a full bottle of Vanilia and couldn't resist to open it to compare...haha not the worst accident:-)

Not the best vanilla scent. Too watery. Even it seems a little bit plastic.

Izumee
Izumee

For me this is a very beautiful vanilla. I usually dont like vanilla dominant scent, but this one is exception, i LIKE it :)

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

Like a sweet cloying cherry syrup, it s ridiculous this got a five star.Too sweet, slightly synthetic, the ylang note too thick, too stuffy. The whole composition is quite depressing, there no interesting notes, no special oomph to distinguish itself other than its price tag.
I am curious why some mention it lacking in sweetness, as i repeat, this is like the last drop of cherry syrup that refuses to leave the damn spoon, clinging on to it, crusting on into a concentrate of sugary stickiness. To me it smells ordinary vanilla fragrance whose aim is to fare no better than the next vanilla gourmand on the market.Overrated in my opinion.

karolina30
karolina30

Was not sure I liked this to start with as my nose was picking up quite a citrusy smell when first on my skin, but after about 10 minutes it settled to a beautiful almost tangy vanilla smell. Not warm and sweet on me at all. Just love it and I do get the warmer sandalwood smell as well.

Baldric
Baldric

Perhaps it was the power of suggestion but I got a pretty strong banana pudding vibe from this, coupled with sweet tarts. It softened up a bit over time and grew on me but it is not the vanilla I am looking for. I will say that about 4 hours after application I was in a closed room for a 1 1/2 hour teleconference, once that was over I left the room and had to go back in about 10 minutes later and it smelled wonderful in there, very vanilla, soft and fun smelling, so I think the silage on this may be better that the skin scent. And it does seem to last a bit better than some other L'artisan fragrances that I have tested. I don't love this enough to bother tracking down a bottle before they disappear, but I am glad I got to try it and I would encourage vanilla lovers looking for a warm weather fragrance to give it a test.

fanny
fanny

One for unusual surprises apparently.
I read cinnamon (sherapop) and even banana (Doc Elly) in the reviews.
I got mackerel.

But when I read about the banana, I got banana.
And when I read about cinnamon, I got cinnamon too.
So much for suggestion..
The drydown gave me sandal and vanilla, rather sweet.

Remote cousins: Myrrhe Ardente and Datura Noir

skeleton
skeleton

I love the vanilla-ylang-ylang-combo, it's sweet and fresh and original, with depth but not heavy. AND I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S BEEN DISCONTINUED!! The new havana vanilia is so dull. This makes me sad.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

I was gifted a very sizeable decant of Vanilia in a swap, and so today I'm trying it. First spray is utterly overwhelming...the juice that comes out smells exactly like that cherry flavored cough syrup with codeine, the kind you only get when you're super sick, and just the thought of it makes you want to gag. Luckily this only lasts a few minutes, and if you can hang in there and not wash it off, it definitely gets better. From that hideous Purple Drank, it morphs into a mellow, slightly sweet jasmine. I know jasmine isn't listed as a note, but I detect the tiniest slip of it in there. From that it goes to a banana like fragrance, as other viewers have also noticed. It is a banana pudding scent, like a nursing home/prison inmate/cafeteria tray banana pudding. That's okay with me, because anything different and original gets bonus points with me, however I find it mindblowing that some perfumes get so much attention and praise because they are niche. This is Jessica Simpson's Fancy without the biting sweetness, but to be honest I prefer Fancy.

EK
EK

Testing Vanilia and it's a must-have for me! Very very distinct vanilla right from the opening, but a very spicy kind of vanilla. No listed as such, but it becomes more and more spicy on me over time.
Surprising lack of sweetness, which I really enjoy.
I have a bad cold atm, and I can smell it loud and clear! Fantastic.
Sadly, it's not available here. I have to hope and wait, maybe it comes up on a swap list someday.

edit: It's pretty much versatile on me - but it is so lovely that for once I don't even mind.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

This EdT is not my idea of vanilla, but maybe the name isn’t meant to imply that it’s just vanilla. Instead, what I smell up front is banana - strong banana, the kind that is in the banana pudding served in the US South. This traditional dish consists of vanilla pudding studded through and through with slices of blackish, overripe bananas, lying on a bed of soggy vanilla wafers. (Do they even make vanilla wafers any more?).

I don’t like to see banana pudding, I don’t like to eat it, and I certainly don’t want to wear it. As the banana starts to die down it’s replaced by a butterscotch note, as if the perfumer decided to try a different pudding flavor. Then it changes gears again, taking off on a metallic, slightly floral tangent, but there’s still the banana undercurrent. Towards the end, it dries down into a standard vanilla base. It’s not particularly long lasting, about 2-3 hours, but that’s enough banana pudding for me.

misswithoutlogic
misswithoutlogic

Vanilia by L Artisan is beautiful beautiful beautiful perfume.
It's true vanilla in the bottle. Not sintetic, ugly sweet and cheap vanillin; but long, dark stick with yellow seeds inside which give that warm, pleasant and inviting aroma.
Splendor in simplicity. That's all what could be tell about this perfume.
Only one minus : no longevity - the perfume disapears after 2-3 h. after spray. And this problem is with all perfumes of L Artisan. They should do something, becouse you can't create so wonderful perfumes without longevity.

la louve
la louve

I´m wearing VANILIA at the moment... at the beginning it is so ugly-strong... but after 10 minutes it starts to be nice and warm. I like it very much! :-)

L'Artisan Parfumeur VANILIA is not a sweet vanilla fragrance but a woody oriental tinged with vanilla. Notwithstanding the name, in this very warm woody oriental composition vanilla, sandalwood, and ylang seem equally important and mingle to produce a rather spicy melange. I actually thought that this must contain cinnamon, but apparently not.

Although VANILIA is not groundbreaking, it would be a nice comforting scent for cold winter nights. The staying power of this medium sillage edt is fairly good, and the drydown has a somewhat ambery demeanor.

susan1326
susan1326

As others have said, lacks sweetness. The smokiness, to me, was a little too much like stale cigarettes.

eustacia42
eustacia42

This scent was just "okay" for me. Nothing to write home about (especially for the price). You might have better luck with the Comptoir Sud Pacifique or Lavanila lines if you really like vanilla scents...

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

This one is discontined. Havana Vanille replaced this one.
I prefer the new Havana Vanille than this. More hot fragrance. But I dont think those 2 will make history.

6,5/10

Grrlscout
Grrlscout

You know how a vanilla bean smells when you scoop the seeds out? This smells a bit like that. Vanilla, but clean, pure vanilla with minimal sweetness. Not at all cloying, just warm and inviting. The sandalwood and ylang-ylang are there as well, but they support and enhance the pure vanilla.

lilinah
lilinah

I confess i haven't tried this yet, as so many new scents have way too much vanilla for me.

But the fragrance components listed on the L'Artisan Parfumeur website intrigue me:
ylang-ylang, nutmeg, clove, vanilla, sandalwood

I'm posting this because the nutmeg and clove are not listed here. Judging by current reviews, they are not too apparent in the scent.

amelie
amelie

I don't like too much vanilla in a perfume, but L Artisan Vanilia is so nice and comfortable. Worth a try, especially if you're not a fan of vanilla- here is not outstanding, but it fits nicely into the whole composition. On my wishlist.

sam
sam

Beautiful, spicy, earthy, smokey vanilla. No sugar, no sweetness. Very special, sophisticated and different. It feels very modern, but it was created in1978. I would take the risk of saying that it is a classic now...

Vanilia is one of the best L'Artisan scents IMO, with the only minus that it doesn't last. I won't re-purchase because of lack of intensity. It smells smoky and sooo good vanilla, sweet and green, not foody at all. I smell a little hint of banana too. What impress me most is the similarity with the smell of my skin. It mixes well, but it doesn't have that ooomph that kick me.

Sweetly vanilla with floral notes that don't blend well on my skin. In the end, the sandalwood attacks me and turns it into a scrubber. Too bad: Might work great on others.

veruska
veruska

This brilliant shiny vanillia. Like a birtday cake under a big ylang ylang tree, woody but not serious, candies and creme de caramel basking in the sun, and lots of powder pouring down from the sky.Fun and outdoorsy gourmet, not perfect but interesting

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

Unfortunately, I am underwhelmed by this scent. I suppose there is something to be said about a nice, gentle vanilla, but this is too subtle on my skin. It doesn't last very long either, which is very disappointing. This is a simple perfume and given that it is a vanilla scent, it is surprisingly lacking in sweetness. I don't get any of the ylang-ylang, only a very subtle vanilla that quickly dries down to a rather subdued sandalwood. For the price of this perfume, I could not suggest it as I have to believe there are many other fragrances out there with the same light, unassuming scent for much less money.

Vanilia by L`Artisan Parfumeur 3.75 out of 5 based on 139 ratings and 28 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Vanilia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Vanilia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vanilia by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vanilia by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.