Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Verte Violette L`Artisan Parfumeur for women

Verte Violette L`Artisan Parfumeur for women
dislike

ozonic
Verte Violette L`Artisan Parfumeur for women Pictures Verte Violette L`Artisan Parfumeur for women Pictures

Verte Violette by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Floral fragrance for women. Verte Violette was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Anne Flipo. The fragrance features iris, violet and violet leaf.

iris Violet Violet Leaf

Violetta di Parma
Meteorites
La Violette
Violette in Love

Verte Violette Fragrance Reviews

Deevee
Deevee

Cutest violet scent to ever come over and give you a shy peck on the cheek. Truth in advertising here, it is violet and green. Nothing complex or challenging, and there doesn't need to be. It is what it is and what I feel it was intended to be. Very natural, highly inoffensive. I can picture this as an idea scent for a young woman having a wonderful time at a garden tea party. Not particularly stand out, until you are right up to her, and then, "My goodness, aren't you just a sweetheart!" Minimal throw and sadly, the staying power is fairly poor. It's a very nice fragrance, it just doesn't pair well with me.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

Violet can be done in a slick, modern way (Balenciaga Paris), a sexy, snuggle-up-to-me way (Tom Ford Violet Blonde), a tender, easygoing way (Gucci Flora Generous Violet) or like L'Artisan's Verte Violette - a precious, cutesy way.

Verte Violette is like Japanese Lolita fashion bottled up in a fragrance. It has a green "lift" that makes Verte Violette feel sweetly upbeat and "frilly" to me - like a pale purple Rococo-style dress, all lace and tiers, on a tiny doll-like girl. The scent is absolutely violet with a slight metallic facet from the iris - but not a "sad" iris, of course! This iris merely holds all the violets and pretty violet leaves together, like a sparkling silver buckle on a pristine, white, platform Mary Jane shoe.

The dichotomy between coquettish and absolutely demure found in Verte Violette makes it fun. A beautiful choice for spring! <3 ^_^

la_clope
la_clope

This smells surprisingly real as if you just grapped some grass and violet in an iris garden after a morning rain, you can still smell the mud on the grass, the violet smells so alive, the dewy green aspect is super. even though i don't actually like soliflore neither light ones, i give good rating to this one. i agree with the above reviewers, it reminds me of both Violetta di Parma by Borsari and Guerlain Meteorites.

jenniewebb
jenniewebb

Verte Violette has a calming clean coolness to it that I haven't found in other green-violet scents. It is not a strong scent, so I tend to go crazy with spraying myself, however it does linger on me for quite a while which is a surprise since my skin usually eats soft scents. I also got complimented on it, so the sillage can't be TOO close.
Great as a cooling remedy to a hot and humid day.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Verte Violette is soft, green and wears very close to the skin from the beginning. It is very violet forward, with plenty of green violet leaf, iris to balance and there are woods as well. I smell cedar and possibly balsam. The sillage is pretty nonexistent, but it is a nice skin scent. This is a subtle scent that could easily be worn by a man or a woman- as another reviewer said, it's violet on a forest floor, blending its sweetness with the smells of the forest.

veda
veda

Fresh and aquatic but very violet for my taste. Described it great by Bellatrix!!

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

I tried this near the end of my violet perfume quest. After trying 17 other violet perfumes, this one felt eh. It's a violet leaf soliflore nothing exciting or special. The price you pay for this house's scents is not worth the incredibly small amount of time you get with them. There are way cheaper alternatives to this scent. Just find a basic violet leaf soliflore that's you won't break the bank reappling every 2 hours like this one will.

Edit: It's a little less "eh" after it warms up and the Iris comes out to play, shyly. I still don't think it's worth the dough but if you like Soliflore violet leaves with a hint of Iris before it fades, and you can afford the reapplications then you might want to give it a go.

schokolade
schokolade

Violet, then green tea(not sugary lipton green tea, original asian green tea) or tea leaves..
Not strong, Inoffensive, VERY calm(You definitely don't want to wear it when you have a presentation. Everyone will fall asleep!)
Bedtime perfume..
I really like it, but somehow I feel very difficult to wear this.
It's very very calm
Reminds me of a weak girl who has very small voice and likes to read books. Rarely stands out, but has quite strong ego..?
It's just a personal opinion, but I think this could be a very good signature perfume for a certain type of person, but if you and this perfume don't fit well it could be an odd combination.
So you have to try this, and see if you and VV make a good combination.

Caramelle
Caramelle

I have always loved the scent of violets ever since I got addicted to perfumes,but never found a violet soliflore I was able to wear for more than a few minutes.Most violet soliflores tend to get cloying on me after a short while.The only perfumes I could tolerate were rose violet combos, preferably with a good dose of powder.

Finally when I tried Verte Violette I knew that was it!
Perfect violet,just green and musky enough to smell elegant and sophisticated.I can't imagine anyone not liking this light,slightly sweet, non-powdery but surprisingly persistent scent.Absolutely full bottle worthy!

This fragrance really smells violet very natural! Daylight tender violet:) I guess violet lovers will like it, because it smells soliflore enough also.

I like this fragrance. Nicely done violet scent.

Aprilily
Aprilily

I'm wearing this today, and I have to say I really like it. Very green/leafy violet with a hint of powder in the drydown. The only drawback is its total lack of longevity. Within one hour it's gone, and for the price, that shouldn't happen. So even though it smells like spring to me, I will not be purchasing a full bottle--a sample now and then will suffice.

auror
auror

Very nice scent :) Fresh violets everywhere

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Ok, so I like the opening notes where I am very much reminded of a very old fashioned perfume of 'Devonshire violets' that I own. But, the longevity is dire, the projection not much better and after 1.5-2 hours I can't smell a thing. I have tested this again at the same time as Balenciaga L'essence and it just confirmed how much better Balenciaga is in terms of longevity, projection and even the cost...and Balenciaga is not cheap!
It is a terrible shame because the opening notes are very nice but you would need to keep refreshing this perfume 2 hourly and at the cost of it, am afraid it's a big fat NO!

Eeyore III
Eeyore III

I have been looking for a second violet scent to use as an occasional change of pace from my beloved Serge Lutens "Bois De Violette," in the course of which I came across "Verte Violette."

Given the stark differences in the posts below (Try before buying!), and without having anything more profound to say about it, I would emphatically say that "Verte Violette," on my skin (semi-olive, perfumes love it, male) has poor longevity and sillage. Never once did the scent waft up to my nose as I worked on the computer. The violets were all gone after 2 hours max, and all that was then left was a faint powdery nondescript floral scent, which I had to work to sniff, which was itself completely gone in another hour.

Perhaps I'm just spoiled by the superb "Bois De Violette," but ...

My score: 3/10

legoloekie
legoloekie

Very nice, but it smells just like Violetta di Parma Borsari for women. Now i have 2 violet perfumes who are just smelling the same!

VeronicaRoy
VeronicaRoy

True to its description, a very pretty fresh violet, but it hardly lasts more than five minutes on my skin. Disappointing from that point of view, (and perhaps rather fraudulent).

talnyc
talnyc

This is a very nice green scent. It is not powdery and sweet. It blends well with your chemistry and it goes on light, not overpowering. I think Balenciaga is more sophisticated and yet it is a green violet fragrance as well.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

This one certainly lives up to its name. It’s green and it’s violet, opening with violet leaf and a slightly leathery-doughy violet/iris flower accord. As it dries down, it becomes lighter and almost a little aquatic. Along with the violet/iris I smell some heliotrope, something like “leaf alcohol”, a sour, slightly powdery iris, and the beginnings of a musky base. There’s a good bit of sillage, as usually is the case with violet scents.

As it progresses through the drydown, it becomes a little warmer and muskier, without losing its original character. It lasts about 4-6 hours on skin. This is a nice, green leaf and violet-orris scent, but not something that I’d be excited about wearing.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

Verte Violette surprised me pleasantly! ive long been dissapointed with sugary, powdery violets that smell nothing like the beautiful flowers i enjoy every spring & sumer. i pick their cute little faces, sniff them, enjoy their color, the smell of wet earth, crushed stem & leaves... no sugar, no powder... in Verte Violette i get a beautiful burst of fresh green leaves, and true violet fragrance, and a little of that "moistness" that i associate with shady beds of violet flowers. it leaves an impression of warm, fresh air, sun & shade.. it softens and stays close to the skin, and eventually does develop a small amount of powdery aspect, but not enough to bother. really a lovely fresh, summer fragrance, although like its namesake flower it is fleeting. a truly beautiful violet fragrance. in fact, its the only one i like.

Kchild
Kchild

For me this is the perfect violet. I didn't even know they came like this until someone sent me some in a swap. I think I tried it because I was bored one day and ended up w/a bottle the next.

This is FRESH not dusty or perfumey, not a big powder bomb,not rose enhanced.For no reason that makes sense on paper I even find her a bit warm and inviting. Something green violet iris fragrances will never be famous for.

It surrounds me w/the perfect amount of soft, delicate,slightly green violet. It eminates w/out overtaking. It's sillage is perfect, longevity surprising for this line.

Verte Violette is a constant surprise to me. As I wear it it brings me total delight, utter peace, and I never feel like I put the wrong one on. That's a tall order for any perfume and VV does it all sublimely. I think I may actually use the whole bottle!( I'm pretty sure that's the sound of the rest of my perfume bottles laughing in the background)

L'Artisan Parfumeur VERTE VIOLETTE seems much more like POURPRE VIOLETTE to me, as this is a big beautiful very purple violet verging on a solifore. I love violets, therefore, I love this. The iris and violet leaf are really smothered by the bright violet petals, though, making this as purple as a Big White Floral is white! The opening and sillage are every bit as big as the most bodacious Big White Floral, too, but the longevity is not so good.

I've been noticing that I may have an irrational attraction to violets, so although I'm putting this on my wishlist, I'll have to do some side-by-side comparisons with Penhaligon's violet and Creed LOVE IN BLACK, among others, before adding another Big Violet Perfume to my collection. I already have JOLIE MADAME and EAU De NOHO (not to mention--though I did--sweet plast-icky INSOLENCE, which I absolutely cannot wear...). I seem to have become infected with violet-mania!!!

Bellatrix
Bellatrix

Violets, violets, violets... like sweet, crushed violets.

mocha43
mocha43

I got this sample from LuckyScent and am very impressed by it. It goes on light and simple and then just explodes with lush grassy crushed violet. It lasts for several hours on me.Many viewers here report short life and little sillage but on me both are great.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

I prefer Love In Black by Creed. This one is not bad violet, but VERY short lasting power and VERY low sillage. So, for 130-140 dollars, I much prefer pass on this overpriced not too bad scent.

6,5/10

sofiii
sofiii

Verte Violette starts with some fresh sweet violet. Somehow it reminds me of Green Tea, only on the optimistic and fresh aspect.

Soon it gets cooler, a little bit powdery and much less sweet than the beginning. I think I can smell the leaves, really fresh (in a semi-aqua way) and green.

Within 30 minutes, Verte Violette fades to only a little trace. Like a transparent veil on you and you have to literally put you nose on the skin to smell it.

It's a pleasant scent to try on. However the disappointing thing is even eau de cologne has a much better prejection and longer lasting power after just one hour.

SandraS
SandraS

I find it very similiar in genre to Infusion D'Iris. very pleasant floral, sofisticated and simple, but lasting power is non-existing.

Spring25
Spring25

I love the smell of violets, and this is a very authentic violet perfume. I also enjoy iris scents, but could not really smell the iris that's supposed to be in this scent. It's a pleasant, light fragrance, however it is not long-lasting for me - probably only about a half hour or 45 minutes tops. This might be a good fragrance to help relax before going to sleep though.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

A long time I searched smell of violet. I tested different violet perfume: elegant, easily powder La Violetta Annick Goutal, magic, beautiful Love in Black by Creed, modern, insolent Insolence EDP. But still, there was not violets that I dream: easily wet, fresh, not too sweet , violet assorted with smell of leaf , joyful, country, forest. At last I have met Verte Violette. There is exactly violet, which I searched - wonderful, adorable, genuine, cheerful. I love it.

mellybee
mellybee

Verte Violette starts off with a cool tinge of violet and succulent peppery green leaves. The drydown adds a whiff of powder and has a rooty-earthy, iris-like undertone.
Think of a violet on a chilly early-spring morning waiting for the sun to warm it up with its first rays.
The violet clearly dominates the composition so if you're a violet fan, give it a try.

Auguszta
Auguszta

This is one of my favourite violet scents (the other being Keiko Mecheri's Genie des Bois) and I'm quite surprised it hasn't been reviewed yet. It is a soliflore (well, I don't pick up any of the iris), so not much is going on here, but this violet is just lovely - fresh, dewy, sparkling, green, neither too sweet, nor too "dirty" (like that of Annick Goutal), and most importantly, not powdery at all. It's a very pleasant, easy-to-wear violet, nothing more, nothing less. Works wonders in really cold weather. Could last a bit longer on the skin, though.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Verte Violette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Verte Violette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Verte Violette by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Verte Violette by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.