Designers » L » Oriental Woody « Groups

Voleur de Roses L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men

Voleur de Roses L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men
dislike

Voleur de Roses by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Voleur de Roses was launched in 1993. The nose behind this fragrance is Michel Almairac. The fragrance features patchouli, rose and plum.

Patchouli Rose Plum

Bohème
Richwood
Rose Poivree

Voleur de Roses Fragrance Reviews

mariamarouli91
mariamarouli91

Rose and patchouli are the main accords of the fragrance. The rose is neither sweet nor romantic and girly in here.In combination with the intense and earthy patchouli, this scent reminds of a garden full of roses after a rainstorm.I can almost feel the smell of fresh,wet soil in here. Ideal for wet,dump,cool,rainy fall days.The longevity is outstanding. I can easily smell it on my skin even after shower!

tneequeenie
tneequeenie

this is not what I was expecting....I do not get any rose from this. Upon first sniff, it reminded me of my granddaddy's old cheap Bruton Powdered Snuff!! I almost scrubbed it off but waited for the dry down. It is very earthy, dirty patch. I agree there is a resemblance to Bottega Veneta, however this one seems more unisex and not quite as sophisticated. It isn't so bad , I rather like it, but I don't think it would be a crowd pleaser....I think of this as "Hippie Chic" or Boho Chic for sure!

hedwiginberlin
hedwiginberlin

Strange. At first I smell something like dark, earthy honey. Then it's like jam. Almost like a dense, herbal apricot jam, but without the sweetness. I don't smell roses. It smells dark and ripe to me. It feels too mature for me.

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

After having read all the reviews (good, bad and so so) I plunged in and bought a bottle of this reportedly potent, plum, patchouli and rose concoction. I was expecting everything those three ingredients could be but sadly, after three tries I get nothing. Nothing earthy, no rosiness and certainly not even a prune danish.
So, for all of you lucky lovers of this fragrance, I have a 3.4 EDP in its box, barely used up for swap or purchase.
Please PM me if you are interested.

missingpuzzle
missingpuzzle

After 5 hours of wearing this I realized "wait, it smells so familiar". Right, it smelled very similar to Bottega Veneta perfume. I am not sure whether I was surprised when I found out that the nose of the both scents is Michel Almairac.

Voleur de Roses - Mystery - 0,5*Patchoulli + leather + 3*synthetic + 5*commerce = Bottega Veneta

XxRosexX
XxRosexX

"This is good if

1: you smoke marijuana and find this scent to be reminiscent of marijuana and think it's cool to spray this on just for fun

2: You like green herbal earthy aromatic scents in perfume without it having anything to do with marijuana

3: You're a Goth and love how this smells of a dark cave or soil on a grave/graveyard smell"

I actually find this helpful, lol, I think I will like it a lot.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

The Thief of Roses

Voleur is a hard one for me. I tested this fragrance by buying a vial sample to decide whether or not it was for me. There are a lot of favorable reviews for this scent and I've even seen the YouTube videos with both men and women raving about it. This is supposed to be a mysterious romantic Gothic dark earth scent, a patchouli obviously, but not an Oriental patchouli. It smells very realistic to actual patchouli and therefore smells of weed. I don't get any connection to a "rose garden after the rain" or wet earth scent. This smells like the earth under a house, dirty, disgusting, dark, you don't know what's down there kind of scent. It smells like you've rolled around in dirt. This is an anti perfume perfume. It's not a stench or foul odor. It's just a marijuana plant weed smell. It smells herbal, it smells like dirt, and it smells like a medicinal shop that sells marijuana. I don't like the smell of marijuana. Most people who smoke marijuana probably don't care for the smell either because they shower and scrub it off after having smoked it so that the smell can't stick to their clothes or so that they won't offend anyone with the bad smell outside of the place they used it. This is not gross but it's too herbal and too much of a weed for me. I wish I could have smelled a rose but there was no rose. The plum note is also non-existent. This is good if

This is totally unisex so both guys and girls can wear it but to me it smells more like a guy's cologne with a big patchouli note. This is not quite patchouli oil (which smells better) but it does really have a ton of patchouli - of the masculine sort. I'm sorry but this is not for me. It's just not a perfume but a recreated weed scent the weed in a garden, not the flowers in a garden. I'm a flower lover and so for me this is like the Anti Christ of perfume. This is not as bad as Secretions Magnifiques (review to come later) but it's not exactly a pretty perfume either. Not gonna wear this ever.

slickadam
slickadam

i received this fragrance today (blind buy). even though i was pretty sure what to expect from it, this scent surprised me like "WOW".
i've just finished reading the reviews and it seems that this juice has 1000 faces.
what kind of vibe it delivers, depends on what i'm thinking about at the moment
people say it...
- smells like dirt & rose - yes, i totally get that
- smells like red wine - jep!
- is just plum - for sure. reminds me of my grandmother's home made (very thick sour-sweet) plum-jam
- is the signature scent of dracula - jeah!
...

and it's VERY strong. i think i can pull this off, but i must start with only 1 spray on the chest.

AlmalkiJeme

لكن لابد من تجربة اخرى
فلازالت العينه لدي

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

Always i am impressed by the formulas making rose softer , lighter with a touch of masculinity , when i see the notes i am not able to imagine such a pleasant potion , it is with three ingredient but creative enough and unique enough to tell you yes i am here , it is "savoureux", elegant and soft .

Angela Agiannidou
Angela Agiannidou

The things I have learnt since I joined Fragrantica are many and variable and i still do. I always found patchouli sour, I never liked fruit that wasn't peach or bergamot, I never liked Rose. Though I still don't like fruit salads I must say that I have come to appreciate the tarty, piquant depth of plum. Voleur de Roses is a unique and beautiful blend of patch, Rose and plum, masterly blended and composed. It does start like damp earth, wet soil and within 30 minutes it unfolds into the most intoxicating, semi jammy, tarty Rose! At this point patch takes a back step and gracefully allows the Rose and plum to form a unity and exude a spicy, smoky, sensuous aroma,deep, smooth and utterly intoxicating. From then on it continues in the same vibe but never gets too sweet, or acidic, the success is in the beautiful balance and collaboration of the notes. Longevity is great and sillage. I see this scent working well on any season. This is quite unisex to me, thanks to the patchouli note which works always in the background. I can't see a bottle going far(well, not with me, anyway...).

tatonnement
tatonnement

Ugh this is absolute perfection. It reminds me of noir de noir on my skin (tom ford) which is my signature fragrance. I feel like this is Noir de Noir's younger, softer sister that still has intensity about her but it's yet to fully develop.

The rose and patchouli here is blended masterfully. It's neither cold nor overly "warm" (HIPPY) but rather realistic, seductive and enticing. The plum works extraordinarily well in adding in a softness that balances out this majestic concoction- some say plum doesn't have a scent and therefore cannot be detected. Have any of you ever smelled overripe, nearly rotting plum? It has a sweet, pungent odor - the one captured in this frag.

On some this smells like moldy rotting earth and fruit. Skin chemistry plays a huge role in this scent. On me this frag unfolds and develops in a beautiful manner. It starts off with a similar blast that noir de noir does - pure oily rose followed by a heady yet fresh patchouli note that is not overpowering. It settles into a wet rose (like it just rained during a hot, humid day and all the flowers are unfolding giving off aroma) with crushed patchouli leaves, perhaps a slight tobacco note as well - very ashy but NOT unpleasant.

This would be a perfect night-time scent and I can see it rising like steam off someone in the middle of winter, as this is more of a fall/winter frag. It is intense, sillage is quite huge for an EDT and longevity fairly long for me. All patchoulis tend to stick around for a long period of time. Eventually everything gets saturated with that signature patchouli scent (or stench depending on your preference).

A love song... a dark romance.... a bleeding rose, tears dripping from the petals onto the fresh soil underneath.

If you hate patchouli steer clear of this one even though it is VERY sample worthy just to catch a whiff of the beautiful, realistic rose. Price online (ebay) is incredible for a niche frag of this quality. Get it under $100!

querelle
querelle

Voleur des Roses is the unapologetic lover you spent the last month with, he wholeheartedly gave you the time of your life, he escorted you through the infinity of the universe making you realise that you will never be the same again but as all great things come to the inevitable end, he left this very morning and the only testimony of his presence in your life is that heartbreaking sense of having everything in one moment and then everything in pieces.. Just like those rose bushes in your garden after that raging storm.

aphexacid
aphexacid

Damn this is good! I don't know how I overlooked this for so long, but I just got my bottle.
I'm at such a loss for words how beautiful this smells, I'll have to collect my thoughts and finish the review later.
Wow.

TaleOfTheRose
TaleOfTheRose

I envy those who can smell a story from this perfume - about a rose garden during a thunderstorm with rotten falling leaves and soil. Or how the patchouli makes it a dirty rose. On me, it is a sheer, refine and aloof patchouli rose perfume with light touch of plum. It does has an ozone charge clean scent. Nevertheless, it is an instant love and my go to scent when I go out for dinner. Average longevity and moderate sillage.

These polarized reviews show how vary our olfactory receptions or our body chemistries reacting to scents can be. This of course makes perfumery such an intriguing topic.

Strappyshoo
Strappyshoo

Hmmm. I'm a sucker for a rose/patchouli/plum fest but I really can't seem to detect any rose in this! Perhaps it was stolen, hence the name?! I blind bought this today as it was on offer at a local store for only £30. Initial blast was old man in hospital/clean bandages/TCP/creosote/medicine/alcohol and absolutely no rose whatsoever. But weirdly, the combination I've just described wasn't entirely unpleasant, just quite astringent and strong. Now, an hour later, it hasn't really developed into anything else, it's just less powerful. I'm disappointed that there isn't any rose as I was hoping it would be a jammy, sweet fragrance with an underlying bite of patchouli. I don't agree that it's similar to Fille de Berlin; that is a grandmother's rose which warms up into something more racy and citrusy; this is an entirely different fragrance altogether. I am female and wear masculine/unisex fragrances a lot, they are my go to, I'm not a girly girl when it comes to fragrance. This really is, in my opinion, an astringent/smoky incense which I think doesn't work with my chemistry sadly. I have a full bottle if anyone would like it?!

Kayse
Kayse

I've been completely seduced by this enchanting red rose surrounded by rich soil. It feeds my soul. Perhaps because of the deep happiness I experienced as a child digging in rich garden soil near roses.

aeriol.chapito
aeriol.chapito

I am surprised of how accurate some of the reviews for Voleur de Roses are. The opening definitely reminds me of thunderstorm in a lush garden; I immediately had this image of very dark clouds thundering above a rose garden in spring or summer. Incredible!
The scent conveys as well the feeling one experiences when facing the ominous incoming storm, that very fresh ozone charged by a gust of wind: menacing, yet you can't look away.
Then I get this strong wet tobacco smell, pungent and aggressive, followed by the scent of slightly rotting fruits; plums or mirabelles indeed, that had fallen from trees and started to decay, their fragrance released in a petrychor blast.

When it starts to settle, wet rose bush fuming. These pink roses are silently crying, and you can smell the tears from their broken stems and leaves. However, the patchouli gets stronger as it dries down, with the roses still in the picture, softening the whole ensemble.
On clothes, the result wasn't as interesting: smoky patchouli that gets dirtier and dirtier,almost "tea like" in a terribly linear fashion.

Overall, Voleur de Roses is a very natural green floral, uncompromising and with lots of character. A bold and unique fragrance with good enough sillage to get its point accross. I like scents that behave with complexity, but manage to convey emotions in a very direct way. A fragrance that is visual, and who has a soul. Voleur de Roses is like that for me. "Liking it" or not is not even the point, I enjoy personnality, and that is enough to seduce me.
Tantalizing.

SchopenhauersNose
SchopenhauersNose

Voleur de Roses (“Rose Thief” or perhaps “Stolen Rose” in French) was created by Michel Almairac and launched in 1993 by L’Artisan Parfumeur. As far as what my simple nose can detect, and the notes online, the pyramid is pretty unpretentious: it’s just rose, plum, and patchouli. And to be terribly honest, I can’t even detect plum anyway. You know why? Plums are like broccoli and carrots. They are essentially odorless. If you don’t believe me, smell one the next time you eat it. The next time you read a reviewer who “detects a plum note,” instantly stop reading. They’re blowing smoke up your ass. But moving on…

The more I wear this, I think this scent is all about the various ways that patchouli can wear on the skin, and Voleur de Roses tells you about several of them. When you catch a whiff of your own skin, this gives you (or at least me) a fresh, grassy patchouli. When you smell it up close, right where you applied it, the patchouli is dirty and earthy. The rose modulates every transition in how you smell the patchouli, itself sometimes being barely present when smelled from a bit of a distance, but being more important the dirty and closer you get to the application point.

This is meant to echo the smell of a rose garden during a rainstorm (in fact, if I’m not totally out of my mine, I almost detect the faintest of ozone accords), and that is admirably done: a moist, fungal, yeasty patchouli mixed with the ever-changing, though constantly dark, velvety rose. I enjoy rose, and I enjoy patchouli, but in Voleur de Roses they’re both vying for top billing, which results in a jumbled, confused fragrance. I think one of the things I like about rose is the sweet, waxy, brightness, and the patchouli muddles that all up.

At the end of the day, this just doesn’t work on my skin. Then again, I’m not a big fan of it directly out of the bottle, either. I like something that ages a bit more predictably on my skin; or maybe this is just my skin telling me this scent isn’t for me in the first place. I still think the most successful rose/patchouli fragrance I’ve ever smelled (and I’ve only smelled maybe half a dozen) is Bull’s Blood by Imaginary Authors. And if you look up Bull’s Blood on Fragrantica, it doesn’t seem to be a big audience pleaser, either.

At the end of the day, I can’t honestly vouch for or against this, seeing as how it seems to be so skin chemistry-dependent on how it plays out on the body. If the thought of rolling around in a Javanese patchouli patch during a thunderstorm sounds enticing (and you have to admit, that does sound a little fun), it might be up your olfactory alley. I don’t hate it; it’s just nothing that I would ever wear.

mr_bojangles
mr_bojangles

This is the first L'Artisan fragrance I have ever smelled, and I must say - I'm in love. I can't wait to try the rest of this house.

Voleur De Roses is beautiful. It's sexy, it's rosy (but this is not your Grandmother's rose) and it's alcoholic/heady - I'm guessing I get that from the plum? It's demure, divine, and a little standoffish. It's also very unisex (on my skin, anyway).

I first got a sample of this among other rose scents (another favourite was Jo Malone's Velvet Rose & Oud) and to be honest, I didn't like this at first. It was too strong, not sweet enough, a little strange. But I gave it another chance, and soon became addicted. I peeled back the layers of this initially stand-offish scent and saw this fragrance for what it is.

It's romance, passion and sensuality in a bottle. There's also a heavy sprinkling of some gloom and jealousy in there. Someone below me described this as 'heart-breaking' and I 100% agree. It's a perfect storm of emotions. It's beautiful and bitter at the same time. It's fantastic.

I really, really can't wait til I can get my hands on a full bottle of this.

empathyboy
empathyboy

Patchouli and rose, pure and simple with a little plum.

The description on the L'Artisan website is perfect:

"...captures the chaos of a rose garden shattered by a thunderstorm. Rain and the smell of lightening in the air, wet earth, broken stems, bruised petals giving up a spicy crushed scent into the air. Roses stolen, ripped back by nature, this is an unexpected rose scent, a collision of roses and patchouli. Regal and brutal, tender and long lasting."

Indeed I see this very much as a rose garden in the dead of night ravished by a summer storm. It is very nice and perfectly unisex. Ideal for lovers of patchouli and for guys that want to find an easy way to wear rose.

Hedonista
Hedonista

It's a good rose that is growing in a huge field of patchouli. Way too much patchouli overwhelms any floral scent. The rose is gone in about 5 minutes. It's a nice warm scent but nothing special. Too many others out there that smell just like this.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Voleur de Roses is a nice soft rose with patchouli. At first spray one might say that it comes on strong, since the rose is dominant here with a background of patchouli. Patchouli can sometimes be overpowering and cloying, not here. To my nose it is not a strong rose/patchouli like other fragrance I own. The dry down is very nice, warm and quite floral.

polly golightly
polly golightly

benchè sia stato commercializzato come un profumo da uomo, trovo questa fragranza non solo femminile, ma anche estremamente sensuale. sono poche le note impiegate -rosa, patchouli, prugna- pensate più di vent'anni fa dal talentuoso Michel Almairac (che per l'artisan ha realizzato esclusivamente questa gemma) molto tempo prima del diffondersi di tutta quella miriade di bouquet basati su piramidi simili, in gran voga al momento, grazie anche alle influenze della profumeria orientale. il profumo è asciutto, secco, profondissimo, meravigliosamente bilanciato, con sentori iniziali di rosa, quasi secca, e prugna. poco alla volta compare il patchouli che conferisce un'impressione deliziosamente gotica all'insieme. uno dei miei preferiti profumi de l'artisan; il mio favorito tra gli accordi alla rosa. notevolissimo.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

In the piercing embrace of the night,
Whilst clouds of cooling fog pass by,
She wanders beneath the glacial light
Of the stars that behave so shy.
In darkness under trees come in sight
A stony tomb and a mirror to scry.
The look through it provokes a fright,
A terror, jar; and when the moaning cry
Of an owl resounds through this night,
She knows that this vision will dye,
All of her remaining days in darkest black.
Suddenly the moist dark smell of rotting roses,
To the beginning of the walk brings her back.
And she decides that it's an omen of noses,
To never look into this mirror again.

Voleur de Roses, thief of roses in English, is the fragrance of an elfstruck forest night, dark and mysterious and occult. It is one of the few perfumes you can find in Morticia's wardrobe. The patchouli here is a rough one, dark like moist fresh dug soil, and earthy is the smell as well. The rose is there from the beginning, but to me it is a rose that already starts to rot, giving the scent an overall impression of decay, even more than the patchouli does.
The rose fades within the journey of this perfume, but never leaves completely.
I feared the plum before I first smelled it. But the (only slightly noticable) plum in here shares the dark aspects, that plums of older cultivated varieties sometimes share in their smell, a dark, almost earthy un-sweet fruitiness, not the commonly known note in perfumes. And I thank Mister Almairac for this choice!
I guess beta damascone has been used in here within the plum/rose accords, but am unsure to which amount.
Surprisingly the sillage on my skin is quite heavy and it was well sensed (and complimented) by others, when I first wore it (in an Irish pub and later that night in a gothic club). By the votings of other fragranticans and the often rather mild sillage of L'Artisan perfumes I didn't expect it, but am pleased. The longevity is moderate though. If I had to pay the full price of 120€ I would not be satisfied with it but for the 39.90€ I have paid it is okay to re-apply.

I really like this perfume, time will show if I may even start to love it. It is very different to another patchouli rose perfume created by Michel Almairac, Rouge Nocturne from Terry de Gunzburg, so don't be misled if you know the latter, they don't have that much in common, scentwise.
Another blind buy from L'Artisan I do not regret :)

Singabera
Singabera

I like it - dark, wet, dangerous black red rose) Very sensual, intense and sexy.
Similar to Lady dangerous and Fille de Berlin, but much more patchouli in it.

Allen-at-home
Allen-at-home

lord montifer: Funny that you mentioned the smell of Wet Paint... The opening of Kerosene's Fields of Rubus ALSO opens like wet paint, and it ALSO has plum and patchouli in it. :-)

lord montifer
lord montifer

Easily the strangest perfume I own. Bought as a blind buy after reviews on here and I love the notes.Bizarrely on first spray I smelt...wet paint! Must be the plum and patchouli. It has settled to a boozy patchouli skin scent which is very addictive! Now if I can get past that opening reminding me of paint....I can see how this is unisex and the rose isn't girly but fresh and green. In fact I don't get much rose at all...mainly patchouli with that boozy plum.I think this is one of those perfumes that will take a few wearings to get to know and I suspect my views will change. In the meantime this is a like and something I am enjoying for being so different to everything else I own!

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Voleur De Roses or Dracula's Coffin

The Halloween Fragrance

It's October and time for my annual seances and Halloween parties. I became interested in this fragrance because I read the rave reviews. This has a huge fan base. Fragrantica reviews describe it in dark, Gothic, romantic, poetic terms, something out of Lord Byron, Mary Shelley and Bram Stoker. Well I found out just what they're talking about. I bought this on a website called Bonanza and the sneaky bastards duped me into thinking I bought the actual spray bottle as shown in the photos. What I got was a small sample vial spray. Before I sprayed it on me I let my nose do the work and took a sniff. I have never smoked marijuana but had heard that this was similar to marijuana/weed. I have smelt marijuana on other people including a roomate I lived with back in college. This is nothing like the type of marijuana he smoked which had a disgusting, vomit inducing odor. This is true patchouli, the aromatic plant from India and South Asia used in medicine and also used as insecticide. It's straight out of the earth, pure earth. It reminds me of the smell of soil on which plants and flowers grow, but it's very wet, wet from rain. If you know the smell of wet earth this is exactly what this smells like, but it's the earth in a garden or a flower bed. This is a green scent, a green house fragrance. You have to really be a big fan of patchouli. The Voleur or "Thief" is the patchouli which has stolen the scent of the rose. He did such a fast job of it I was unable to pick up on any rose fragrance AT ALL. I wanted to smell the roses for a fleeting moment but I didn't get any rose. Nor did I smell any plum. The composition of this fragrance is very simple and linear: just three notes rose plum and patchouli. This has to mean that they are all in the heart and base notes. If the rose is the head note it's so light it's barely there. I must say I am not a fan of patchouli. It's too dirty too much like you've been rolling around in dirt and soil. But this is definitely a mood fragrance for Halloween/October. This is exactly what a vampire would smell like. This is Dracula's perfume. It smells just like the inside of his coffin which contains the earth from his native Transylvania. I swear I have smelt this fragrance in my childhood but I can't quite place it. It's such a common garden soil smell. If it's marijuana plant then people in my old neighborhood were using marijuana and I was so innocent and small at that time that I did not know what it was. But I find this to be too dirty. For those of you calling it a unisex fragrance worn by both men and women I don't see how that could be. This is such a strange scent. It's clearly for Goth male teenagers who want to smell like weed and Dracula's earth box. This is a dirty smell so after a shower and you're hair is fragrant with shampoo and you're nice and clean, why would you want to put on a fragrance that makes you dirty and want to take the smell off of you? This is not feminine in the least. If the rose and plum had been stronger or if the combination with the patchouli was balanced so that the patch didn't overwhelm the fragrance then it would be classified as a floral/fruity fragrance which sells to women. This is for men, but it can also be for that woman who want to smell like a vampire or witch a witch who has that magic patchouli plant on her to cast a wicked spell. Definitely a scent to wear with your Halloween costume.

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

There is something so profoundly poignant about this scent, so like a rose garden on a rainy day; earthy, damp, quiet, mineral-esque, crisply green, with a balmy, liquored rose at its center. I smell dew, salty tears and a pricked finger with a drop of metallic blood seeping out. I smell the heaving breath of a moist wind on a gray day. The patchouli ads a leathery hint that reminds me a little of wet suede, of a dampened coat that has been long worn.

This is one of those scents that, like "L'Heure Bleue" is profoundly evocative and memorable. It jogs a memory in me of being a young girl who loved playing outdoors, alone, on gray days. I loved splashing in puddles, smelling wet roses, walking under damp trees. I loved the feeling of introspective solitude that gray days always brought me. "Voleur de Roses" is a romantic, poetic take on that feeling of emotional but not depressing solitude.

I don't think I'm going to be able to go long, without this. It's what perfume/scent should be: A story about human emotion and the vivid, sensual experience of life.

aistionnelle
aistionnelle

Wandering in a garden of roses;) It`s just after a first, autumn thunderstorm. Flowers are still a bit wet, with damp petals.Semi opened, they are waiting for the first sun rays. And there is a gardener just coming who cares of them everyday. But what he`s doing here at night ?Cutting some of them not even looking at the best ones,puts them aside on a trunk.They still smell, but not exactly like roses do, we can catch something sweet, something dark, like a plum or another ripe fruit.
It`s much cooler weather than in the day, feels like something earthy in the air.A man is taking flowers and climbing on a fence...in a minute he jumps over it.Is he a real gardener or a thief? Don`t know.All the silence and moonlight around, only a dog who is a bit astonished at the strange visit and this sweet plummy and earthy swirl is left.
I like this scent so much.Not so obvious roses, more earthy,damp and fruity than flowery, they stay on a skin for some hours. Sillage is enough to be clouded in it but not dominating.
It`s pre-autumn scent, this one for the first winds and a thick fog in September evenings as well as rainy mornings,Nostalgic,silent,very original.

maythem
maythem

this badass perfume smells like a midnight date --in a dark cave, crushed blood roses, damp soil and ragging thunder-- with death.
LOVE the spirit of it.

Citrus2014
Citrus2014

As a sorcerer potion of plum, roses and patchuli, in Fibonacci proportion, this is embodiment of masculine sensuality in it's most carnal form.
It must have smelled the serpent who tempted Eve - very masculine, very sensual, yet exquisite and conforting, this perfume is my favorite from L'Artisan Parfumeur.

Fragrance 8/10
Projection Medium
Longevity 8 h

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

At first, I was struck by the similarity to White Patchouli by Tom Ford, but as the minutes wore on, I realised that it is very much different in that here the rose and patchouli are less sharp. They are red velvet. Smoother. I love this addition to my collection and was tickled when someone remarked that I smelled like pink musk sticks. It does develop into a sweet and musky smell on me, which I love, with faint whispers of patchouli and red, rain-fresh roses.

Migotka
Migotka

For years and years I found Artisan to be a good brand, but not for me. Quite a few of their scents had this 'dusty' characteristic I was not really fond of. Except for one, the scents did not attract me except for the most lovely names.

By chance, I got to try Voleur de Roses. I must say I do love roses. And this is one of the most amazing roses scents I have tried except for Calypso by Robert Piguet. Knowing it came out way before quite a few others rose-patchouli combos, I do see it quite groud-breaking.

The rose in Voleur is very pure and soft and quite sweet thanks to the plum (that on my skin really comes out nice, juicy and fresh). Plum is one of my favourite fruits ever, and this smells just like the plums my grandparents used to pick up in their allotment. Not like the genetically-modified, water-pumped stuff you get in supermarkets, but the tiny, mature plums straight from the tree we made jams from in late summer/early autumn.

For me, this is love and I will gladly wear it all times of year.

Maxine91
Maxine91

A real mystifier. The strangest perfume I ever liked. It strickes as v spicy at first sniff, than you get a note of very sour, metallic rose. One of my friends said it smells like rotten apples... Anyways, I love it, in a weird way, once I spray it on, I can`t stop sniffing my wrist !

houstcs
houstcs

Without speaking for the notes or accords, I would like to say that reading below is an example of how amazingly transformative this is on skin. It mutates in a bizarre way depending on who wears it (according to all the different variations of reviews), and I highly recommend trying this for anyone even if you hate patchouli or rose, or whatever else is in there. Do not even read any of the reviews, just get a sample and wear it.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

The most unique perfume I own. Weird yet beautiful.
I get everything said in the previous reviews; garden soil/dirt, corn chips, metallic scent of blood, dry red wine, vampy, enchanting, sensual, ethereal, refined, sexy, earthy, heartbreaking, etc.
How any of that adds up to being beautiful, I have no idea, but it works. Totally unisex.

This truly is an evocative perfume that will make you *feel* the scent while wearing it. So creative.

Longevity moderate, projection soft but not quite a skin scent.

Kingsley0805
Kingsley0805

I first smelled this on the most beautiful, world-traveling young woman who came to work in my office for the summer. Everyone talked about her perfume, and the universal agreement was "she smelled like an old lady but somehow, it was incredibly sexy." We went out for drinks one night and I finally leaned in and told her that everyone loved how she smelled. She gave me a small bottle before she went back to Europe and I saved it for very special occasions. I wore it on a date, my date hugged me and exclaimed "You smell incredible... you smell heartbreaking." When I went to a few boutique in the city last weekend, I asked the sales people to start at this scent and find me something with that effect. Both shops told me they knew exactly what I meant about Voleur de Roses being heart breaking, it smells like blood (from the metallic, iron smells) and flowers.

To me, this is the best think about perfume...when it can really draw out a human effect.

It might not be for everyone, but I would recommend it as a little sorcery on a date. You might not love it, but it will defiantly draw out feelings of anyone close to you.

SadassaUlna
SadassaUlna

I get a strong whiff of something starchy like rice or corn chips. It smells very edible in a savory, non-sweet way. I get roses in the background but this is mostly a salty snack for me.

massimilianoinquieto
massimilianoinquieto

tutti i commenti ripetono "rosa e patchouli",ma la fragranza non è solo quello. ci sono le mele gialle, il benzoino, il bergamotto, la prugna, il bouquet sviluppa su note liquide che vengono smorzate da note terrose, note fruttate e sottofondo resinso. l'immagine che evoca è notturna, romantica, un uomo dall'animo sensibile, solitario, romantico...

freakypirate
freakypirate

Opens sweet and sour with something smoky. Then plum, something sweet, like tawny port, and a very distant rose on a sweet woody base with some patchouli. Very balmy. The rose really has to warm up on me and doesn't bloom until the drydown.

An intriguing scent, very soft initially but the rose warms up very nicely. Very intimate.

I'm usually not a fan of rose perfumes because rose becomes extremely loud on my skin, but this one may just have the right dose of rose! Very unisex.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

Tom Ford's Noir de Noir without the oud, vanilla and earthy-truffly-chocolately goodness or as I like to call it, Noir de Noir Lite.

Opens with a syrupy rose that brings to mind a fine red wine, which I'm guessing is the plum doing its work. The patchouli is there but I wouldn't say it's a dirty rose, more a "I've just got out of the shower in the morning and I'm about to start work in the garden" sort of rose.

I can understand the associations with the Goth scene because if one was to create a stylistic (as opposed to realistic) association with blood through a fragrance, Voleur de Roses would perfectly fit the bill - but for a true Gothic rose I would go with John Galliano EDP every time.

Fabien77
Fabien77

Masterpiece. Specially if you consider that this beauty was made in 1993, years before Noir de Noir, White Patchouli, Javanese Patchouli, etc. I feel the plum note quite present. It's not the usual plum that we're used to like in Poison or Femme de Rochas. Instead, it's close to the Japanese salty plum: Umeboshi. I was used to ate one umeboshi a day, the first thing that I ate in the morning, in order to heal my constant migraine. Natural medicine hint came from a friend. After one year or so doing it, I have never ever had an headache... Anyway, back to Voleur. This umeboshi note is there, as this beauty is a little salty. Also, patch and roses, of course. Some might think that patchouli overcomes the roses but not; the red roses are playing their bass notes, while patch hits higher earthy and camphor-like notes. Sometimes, not always, I get a hint of myrrh and, at intervals, some cumin. But maybe it's my imagination. Yes, it is gothic in the means of reminding a little religious: old church, earth graves, roses, black, red, incense... Not for everyone, but at the same time, quite eclectic. Could easily e worn by a gothic teenager, as well as by a Hermès-like woman, by a dandy male (or female) writer and, by any well-manered mam. Therefore, quite unisex, as any beauty. Also, paradoxal: ethereal and earth-based.

Hoxx
Hoxx

Rose. Patchouli. There's not a lot to add to that when talking about ingredients, but I gotta say that both main notes are fabulously mannered. What I got in the beginning is a highly fragrant full-bloom rosebush. Naturally, the flowers themselves are the strongest, but it seems like you can feel the leaves, thorns, even the earth beneath. With the scent evolution, I have the feeling like that same roses are withering in front of my eyes, still staying strong in the heart, but now with added patchouli, and losing their strength with time, giving the reign to an earthy patchouli drydown. That's it for me, no plum or fruit whatsoever. All that being said, I think I can see why some reviewers use words like gothic and medieval to describe this scent - it really has some darkness within.

Voleur de Roses has a solid presence, with decent projection and fine, almost double-digit longevity. I'll agree with some reviews, and the L'Artisan site itself, about this being fairly unisex. I could mostly see myself wearing this in cold time of year, with a coat and a scarf, or autumn with a blazer and shirt. I don't think this scent fits with too casual style and is a bit heavy for warmer parts of the year.

If you're not familiar with patch-rose combo, this may be a good place to start. If you are and you like it, you would really have to try this. This is certainly my favorite of the genre.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

The opening of this is unbelievably wonderful! It's like sitting in a damp bed of roses. I get the soil, stems, flowers, leaves and dew. It's all there and it's amazing.

After the initial opening, the Patchouli, which is pretty dirty, becomes dominant and feels a bit to masculine on me. The rose flower is also pretty dominant with the patchouli but it's not a feminine, girly rose. It's masculine and thorny (on me at least). I never really got any of the plum.

The sillage and longevity are Moderate. This is a Fantastic Rose scent for a man. It's one of my favorites in fact, and I often suggest it to the men looking for a good manly rose scent.

drakecito
drakecito

Very interesting and different rose frag.
Is basically patchouli with roses. In the opening, the patchouly is too dominant and blended with the rose note smells like red wine (i don't like so much the opening). Few hours later, the rose is more present, the patchouli less and the fragance is more light and sensual (I prefer this phase).

Longevity is excellent (more than 8 hours) and sillage is low.

scent: 8/10
longevity: 7/10
sillage: 5/10

UPDATE:
Je,je, I'm agree with the comments that says this can be the Dracula's signature.
I like it so much.

Capricious Capricorn
Capricious Capricorn

Didn't know it was a homme fragrance until I stopped by here! I can't seem to have enough rose and patch; also have Rose Barbare and Lady Vengence. But this rose/patch - you can smell the clean sweet soil the roses grow in. There is a coolness and aloofness to this fragrance too; I've also heard it described as goth. But underneath the cool surface, passion lurks. See how Lanier, who posted below me, elaborates about this. A beautiful, sexy scent.

LANIER
LANIER

It is all about luxurious sex. Voleur de Roses by L’Artisan Parfumeur is a perfume of the body and the smells of being a bad boy all of which is sure to shock some in its honest sensuality. It is the lingering scent of a lover’s body when you crawl back into bed just after they have gone. It is daring, bold and utterly divine! Created by the nose, Michel Almairac who has a great collection of creations to his name among which you will find seven in the Bond 9 house, six in Burberry, and such classics as Gucci Pour Homme and Minotaur by Poloma Picasso.

Voleur de Roses is a woody oriental for men that a woman could wear with confidence. A brazen blending of three notes it is linear and lovely from start to finish. The brilliant mixing of patchouli rose and plum is deceptive in its simplicity. The opening is lush as the fragrance envelopes you like the arms of a lover. It holds you close for a good six to eight hours and like the sent of a lover is close to the skin after about two hours. Before it retreats to the flesh it projects about three feet. Voleur de Roses is not only sexy and warm but at its heart it is chic, urbanely rich and refined.

If you are a sensual person by nature, a person who luxuriates in your body and lives a life of grand passion then Voleur de Roses is a must for your collection. But be warned. If you dare to wear Voleur de Roses you may begin to write a blazing new page in your own life story. To have a reputation is ordinary to be come a legend is extraordinary.

FIVE PLATINUM STARS *****

(For the entire story and review check out my blog Scents Memory)

suzrwin
suzrwin

Alluring...earthy, and eminently unisex. In fact, this is not the sort of scent I personally like my man to wear--it suits me perfectly on a rainy, Northwest evening, cuddling at home on the sofa in front of the fireplace.

At times, the plummy rose is larger, at others, the patchouli. Depends on the body chemistry du jour. However it is always mysterious, bewitching, and evocative.

Voleur de Roses completely debunked the idea that I don't like rose scents, probably because the sweet virginal rose is nowhere to be found. While I wouldn't place this is the masterpiece category, it is a timeless scent that withstands current scent fads to find a home on my full bottle perfume shelf.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Voleur de Roses is simple, basically 50/50 rose and patchouli. It is not sweet at all, and it's rather dark. The patchouli is dry and dusty. For such a heavy fragrance, it quickly becomes a skin scent, which will be a positive thing for people who seek a "perfumy" scent yet are self-conscious about wearing something that will overpower everyone around them.

Growing up, my mother would not allow me to wear black. She said that black was not a nice color for young girls. This perfume reminds me of the times she would say that to me, so while I don't that feel age matters when choosing perfume, I do think this is a perfume for a person with mature tastes (regardless of age).

It reminds me of Tom Ford's White Patchouli, but replace the white flowers with rose. These perfumes could be sisters.

As for comparisons to Portrait of a Lady, this is not nearly so complex and is much softer in projection. I prefer Portrait because it constantly evolves on my skin over many hours, and it projects more. But if a simple rose & patch combo is what you seek, this is lovely and of excellent quality.

As I noticed on perfume forums, this fragrance has to many goth-fans. They like to write reviews about it, that are scary enough, but mysterious.

As for me, I wanted to try it because of the plum note, because I usually like it. But I can't say that I feel it in this fragrance.

Actually, nothing scary or mysterious in this fragrance, except earthy smell of patchouli, which is the leading, almost mono note in this fragrance for sure.

I don't find this fragrance pleasant. Not my cup of tea(

antfarm
antfarm

This is the kind of rose that makes me imagine the Queen in Alice and Wonderland, and the playing cards getting yelled at for painting the roses red. This smells of a real rose bush--of dew, earthiness, and blood-red roses. Very mysterious feme-fatale rose--not a fresh or light rose. I am tempted to be a rose thief when I smell this. It has a slight naughtiness to it that reminds me of when I was a little girl and I stole my neighbors' roses. Sometimes, though, this weird and unpleasant wine-like note comes out and makes me change my mind about getting a bottle.

nicok
nicok

Unusual scent for sure. To me it smells like wine...
Actually it has the smell of a bottle of good red wine that has been consumed and you have left it in the corner to recycle it.
Would suggest it to a 35 plus audience, males and females.
It would be really nice in a winter night in Paris while you wait for your other half to go to a traditional restaurant.

tfirebaugh
tfirebaugh

Dear Voleur de Roses,

What would I be without you? Before our chance meeting in San Antonio one winter over 10 years ago, I admit it. Content I was to drown in those icy waters of Aqua Di Gio. I proudly flaunted my Egoiste Platinum along with everyone else. CK One was splashed liberally like some cheap dime-store Eau De Cologne. It was pure madness. With you, all of that changed.

At first I didn't get you. Why would anyone want to smell like dirt and roses? After all, those fire-like city streets are dusty enough year round. Your magical gris-gris just hadn't taken hold. Yet.

But then one day, the Epiphany. Walking by the Old Cathedral downtown on a particularly overcast February afternoon the giant, twisted blood red rose bushes were in various shades of bloom. It was there we met. Suddenly, leaping out in front of me thorns and all, your lush, velvety aroma was intoxicating. Whisps of frankincense and benzoin rose up from swinging brass censers inside the sanctuary spilling out into the street filling the air with precious incense. In the distance a deep, sonorous fugue echoed out from the bellows of an ancient pipe organ. Sounds of worship and singing layered the sky with texture and hue. That's when our love began.

The Earth was coming alive again. The smell of freshly turned soil and newly sprung up grass made the breeze feel crisp and exciting. Laying down my tattered tweed jacket we sat in the quiet, wet courtyard and opened our bottle of rich red wine. First feverish kisses, then we joyously clinked our glasses together and drank. Our relationship was finally consummated.

All these years later, when I think of you a smile plays across my lips. Sometimes I swear I can still smell the faintest hint of earth, resin and wine on my collar. Then suddenly, as if only yesterday, the roses begin to blossom all over...

The rose is present but very blended into the woody, patchouli accord that is dominant. This is so simple that I'm not sure if it even qualifies as a personal fragrance (by my standards, obviously). I much prefer a fragrance like Rose d'Homme, which also features rose and patchouli, but there is a leather, which I prefer to generic wood or cedar, and a slightly powdery, orange tint to it. That's about as simple a fragrance as I can find compelling. I'm sure there are those who like this fragrance, as it's not "bad," but it fails terribly for me in the complexity and dynamism departments.

xabaras
xabaras

A very strange fragrance. It's different, no doubt about that. It's roses which can still be smelled in their freshness, but deprived of the typical and boring scent, if that makes any sense. It would be very pleasant if it just stopped there. Unfortunately there is an acidity in the background which I can't determine, maybe it's the patchouli, maybe it's my skin, but in the long run it makes me think of bathroom cleaner, and I just can't stop thinking about that.
A bit disappointing because after reading some reviews I was expecting a decadent, dark, gothic fragrance.

spirit966
spirit966

On a guy I give this a neutral, on a woman a thumbs up.

The opening is quite masculine and Middle Eastern, am I the only one that gets the incense note? After the opening fades, I get some citrus and a fresh, calming pink rose.
This rose reminds me of the one in Lumiere Noire, which is green tending to pink, so obviously I perceive Voleur as a more feminine rose scent.

I would'nt call this a dirty rose like many of you do, it is slightly dusty because of the patchouli but that's as far as I will go in labelling it goth (Portrait of a Lady, C&S). I also find this a calming frag something like a tea rose, along the veins of Lumiere Noire.

The rose nose disappears around 2hours later and what is left is a skin scent.

A tad too feminine on me and I prefer LM over this one for this type of rose.

kris919
kris919

Not good, there is a sticky honey note all over this rose that I can't stand. I sampled this on one wrist and Rossy de Palma on the other. Voleur lost.
and it doesn't last as long as Rossy de Palma either

zielona
zielona

It's purrrfect.

I've been looking so long for a perfect rose, but all rose perfume were too strong, stifling, sweet, literal; too powdery or too watery, nauseating or ekhm, boring. And then I met Voleur de Roses.
Firm, crispy red, with honey sweetness in heart and patchouli drydown. Long-lasting and so addictive.

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

I'd say it's all about Rose at the beginning, green, linear, and a little bit sharp. I am like, "Is that all?"
No, of course not. If it were just like that, it wouldn't have earned many fans.
A while later, patchouli comes and unites with the rose to make a beautiful green and earthy rose.
There's nothing heavy or dark about this. I'd love to have one for this upcomming Spring.

sf2explus
sf2explus

A very nice patchouli and rose combination, the initail blast is of rose and the support is patchouli.
very natural smelling and smells better as the rose note dies down a bit. very romantic style scent think dark red rose. The overall scent is very dark,sweet and earthy.
The scent reminds me of being a bit greasy. like having a shower and istead of the usual body lotion, i'v put on some middle eastern or asain floral body oil on. This is the kind of scent you want on when going to a fancy restraunt with your wife. Or even for going out with a group of freinds.
I do see this as a true unisex scent and not just for men. Also i got hints of Joop homme and realised its the patchouli so i checked the notes for joop and found that, not only does joop homme have patchouli it's also made by michel Almairac the same creater of this great L'artisan scent. Do not expect a niche version of joop here it's only the patchouli and maybe some of the floral notes that are more hidden in this scent otherwise they are completly different.

I find the scent sillage good and lasts between 6-8 hours and than very close to the skin. I find a scent in this style is better off being a little closer to the skin than projecting too much imo. To me this is a 25 and up scent but can see a younger man of classy style pulling this off.
If you enjoy paco Rabbane Black XS or Joop Homme you may enjoy this scent.
For me It's a very well made scent that usses top quality ingredients.

Scent 8.5/10

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

My brother just send me this masterpiece as a birthday gift... As described in L´Artisan website: "The brutal yet tender collision of rose and patchouli..."
Absolutely delicious, elegant, classy... Reminds me Tom Ford Black Violet and Noir de Noir, but better!

talnyc
talnyc

I bought this fragrance a few years ago and when I would wear it to work, my Mom would say that it smelled like marijuana. I chalked it up to ignorance, but when someone from HR mentioned to me that it also smelled of marijuana, I took notice.

I stopped wearing it, although it is a very nice scent. The rose/patchouli is very strong, but it is a rich scent. I did not know it was a men's scent, as I was told it was for women...shame on the sales person. Anyway, I would like to lighten up the fragrance, but I am not sure what to mix it with. Any ideas?

I do agree that Malle's A Portrait of a Lady does indeed smell similar to this scent. Very good suggestion.

I think is this more of an evening scent. It is SEXY! I do not know what to say about it smelling like marijuana.....It was enough for me to stop wearing it.

kdlehr
kdlehr

nothing more to add
its the scent of the gods
Just divine
But hang on whats this? wet cardboard?

Orpheus99
Orpheus99

The only other rose based fragrance I have tried is Amouage Lyric Man. Compared to that one, I found the rose in this to be quite a bit brighter. And it's full on rose. I like this one better than Lyric, but unfortunately I only got a couple of hours out of it before it faded into oblivion. This is not a bad fragrance, but I would rather smell this on a woman. Grade: C+

sin5409
sin5409

interesting smell! a special rose, yes i can smell rose on my skin, although not ordinary rose, and i can really smell the whole background story of this one. The air after the rain when steam coming out from the garden ground of mud, the wilted rose, the ether

this is wonderful

adele l
adele l

Very l'artisan! Didn't realize it was for the boys when I ordered a decant- opens masculine (straight up incense) but dries down feminine. A beautiful rose with something slightly medicinal and green lurking underneath- there may be a touch of vetiver or bergamot which is slightly minty..The patch is the very clean variety and is in no way dirty on my skin. It's a fascinating scent which wears close to the skin with good longevity.

Printeza7
Printeza7

This perfume could surely not be associated with a man smell.Roses and patchouli Oh no... I am wearing this fragrance and am totally in love with it.It is so distinctive, so interesting I just adore it.The only disappointing point is that,like JeanMaurice said the smell only last for about 30 minutes... such of shame! I still love the smell though.

Dick Turpin Esq
Dick Turpin Esq

Tarquin ached. He grabbed hold of anything to keep from falling in. His entire body felt like it was being pulled. His very being, his gut, the very pit of his stomach, felt like it wanted to drop down…- down into the toilet bowl.

Holding the handrail he strained in a silent agony, but for the occasional gurgle from the back of his throat, such was his desire to keep his torment secret from his Aunt and extended family in the next room.

His eyes were so blurry with effort that his Great Aunt’s pink sheepskin fur rug on her bathroom floor shifted in and out of focus. This was toe curling gastro torture as Tarquin’s lower colon struggled to avoid his insides falling out like Heinz spaghetti from a can.

And then its was suddenly over; a cool breeze hit his face from his Great Aunt’s toilet window, her pink sheepskin fur rug came into view, the pink guest’s handtowel and the pink toilet paper. He grabbed some of her rose scented talcum powder and doused the toilet bowl with the rosy talc to mask the tell tale odour of what Saddam Hussein would have called “The Mother of All Bowel Movements”.

Tarquin’s stomach griped and growled but the storm was over. A rose breasted robin sang a sweet bird song from outside on his Great Aunt’s Rose bush. Tarquin slowly rose from the rose pink Royal Doulton lavatory seat and made copious use of the rose coloured extra soft toilet paper on his sore rose bud. Flushing the lavatory he looked in the mirror and exhaled deeply with relief while he washed his hands with his Great Aunt’s rose guest soap. He dried his hands and almost as soon as he opened the toilet door, his Great Aunt Rosy appeared and bustled in exclaiming “Young Man! You should have sprayed the Voleur de Rose after using the toilet to camoulage the smell! That way other’s cant tell if you’ve used the loo or just sprayed Voleur de Rose - you stupid boy!”

Passionflower
Passionflower

At first, this scent smells like strong incense. Then the sharpness fades and you get a lovely floral rose scent. But I can't shake the incense feel to it. Maybe that's why it's a fragrance for men, because of its sharp edge. The roses are nice, but this one's not a scent I would like to smell on a man either...

I am trying to figure out why L'Artisan Parfumeur VOLEUR DE ROSES is classified as a perfume for men. Honestly, I have no idea why. This is a smooth rose bush patchouli with a slightly soil-tinged opening and a barely sweet floral patchouli drydown. Perhaps to some VOLEUR seems more masculine than typical rose perfumes because the rose elements featured are more of the stems and thorns than the petals themselves. The petals were indeed perhaps stolen, or else they were cut off using garden shears and given to the makers of PARIS, after which the stems were immersed in water in order to extract and preserve the fresh green aspects of rose.

The patchouli presence is very important to this composition but without overwhelming the rose stems, which smell as natural to me here as they do in TEA ROSE, with the distinction, again, that the petals have all been tossed away into the wind.

I like VOLEUR DE ROSES a lot--especially the drydown--and would be happy to have a bottle. (-:

Sissi
Sissi

Roses the flowers of saints; this is the most purest most natural organic
rose fragrance it's not a powdery synthitic rose compound like in givenchy's very irresistable. made with
the purest rose oil and patchouli makes it an earthy feel.

conjoures up the feeling of a pilgrimage to guadelupe mexico to visit
the shrine of the virgin mary or the day of the dead festival in mexico full of colorful flowers dancing skellinton
puppets and dirt.

it's bit a feminine to classify as a
men scent a refined fragrance that is
not gaudy loud or flashy perfect for
sipping deep red wine.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Deep down inside, this is what Sex wanted to smell like all along, but when it couldn't achieve it on its own, it sought help from Voleur de Roses.

Perfect for both men and women. Of course, you have to like patchouli to think this is as divine as I do.

Dewy petals, fertile soil, moist green trimmings from a morning of attentive pruning, enveloped by an ethereal musk of patchouli. A fragrance that begs to be close to skin.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Great great scent for about 30-45 minutes. After that, it dissapeared! Only grass, no more roses.

Yes I like this very much, but L'Artisan's line have no lasting power and sillage... Pity, cause they have great smells and ideas.

ChicVixen
ChicVixen

By far my favorite L'Artisan perfume, and I'm a lady! There is something about Voleur de Roses that reminds me of a damp rose garden after a heavy rainstorm...with a hint of plum and patchouli. I can't stop sniffing my own wrists when I wear this. Totally enchanting fragrance like no others.

FlacaBobo
FlacaBobo

I like it very much, and my wife likes it on me. She does not like patchouli but certainly likes this scent. From the L'Artisan store in Paris I was told that it is a unisex fragrance created for men but wearable by both. My wife "steals" it from me...

marijke lambrechts
marijke lambrechts

I'm a big fan of l'artisan and Voleur de Roses is just delicious! To me it is a very feminine, sensual, uplifting and comforting. It lasts for ours on my skin and I constantly get compliments about it. The combination of the roses and patchouli is so original and sublime!! It is absolutely a keeper for me!!

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

20 years ago I wore patchouli oil, and carried a vial of it everywhere I went. It was embedded in my clothes, my scarves, my bag, etc. If Voleur de Roses had come my way then, I would have been all over it. I was always trying to come up with another scented oil to mix with my patchouli but every combination I tried failed to please me. This juice is quite interesting. As I first apply Voleur de Roses I immediately smell the rose & patchouli, nice. Within seconds I smell, could it be... dirt? Yes, almost as if I'm holding a handful of moist, cool, black soil right under my nose. Not the soil that's been warmed by the sun, this is the dirt that you dig up from the corners of the shade garden. This feeling lasts for hours and the patchouli also. For me the rose sits lightly in the background.

And, a surprise to me - both of my children liked the scent on me!

If you're looking for a new twist on patchouli but don't want to sweeten it, this might be the ticket.

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

I think Orlino is right . What flower is there that a male gardener might not love ? Men can like any so why can't they wear any fragrance. It seems to smack of the idea that they should smell of woods and oil or whatever because of old perceptions. Give me a man who'll wear rose , violet , Mimosa..of course my husband would be furious !!

orlino
orlino

I agree with the last comment: voleur des roses is a perfume that can be worn by men and women as well !!!

Malegria
Malegria

I never thought it was a perfume for men. It feels extremely feminine to me! A friend of mine send me a sample and I fell in love, and I want it so badly...The first impression is deceiving - you smell something moldy and damp.But in some time it begins to unveil like a magnificent embroidered shawl. It plays with the skin, taking this, adding that - an earthy smell of an autumn garden, the last roses that desperately bloom before their time comes.Several times I caught the unusual sweet scent and every time it was different - and it took me a while to realize it was the Stolen Rose, on my own skin.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Voleur de Roses fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Voleur de Roses, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Voleur de Roses by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Voleur de Roses by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.