Designers » L » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Meharees L`Erbolario for men

Meharees L`Erbolario for men
dislike

cinnamon
Meharees L`Erbolario for men Pictures Meharees L`Erbolario for men Pictures Meharees L`Erbolario for men Pictures Meharees L`Erbolario for men Pictures

Meharees by L`Erbolario is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Top notes are bergamot, orange, rose and cinnamon; middle notes are cedar, guaiac wood, patchouli and sandalwood; base notes are vanilla, amber and musk.

Bergamot Orange Rose Cinnamon

Polvere di Siena

Meharees Fragrance Reviews

julieekerr
julieekerr

this is a beauty. i absolutely love it. its like a unisex version of coco chanel but with a creamy woody powdery finish. I think it odd its listed as mans frag only. defo unisex. I love the guerlain L'art et la matiere collection: cuir beluga tonka, bois armeine etc. this has a similar vibe but for a fraction of the price. It opens with a warm woody spice then flows into a warm vanilla spice with a creamy powdery finish. It is close to getting into my top 5 i love it so much. It's not too sweet like some of the female vanilla frags but has a gentle sweetness - I understand the date note others have mentioned. silage is 5/10 longevity is 6/10 but for that price you can just re-apply it.

alit
alit

On the lookout for TF Sahara Noir substitute (since it is discontinued) I stumbled upon this little gem. Beautiful scent, warm, spicy, woody! I don't see incense in the list of ingredients but I swear that was the first thing I thought reminded me of Sahara Noir. The lady at the shop also said there is dates in it, giving that delicate sweetness (in no way it is fruity or cheapo sweet note), I don't see dates listed here either. Maybe it's an updated formula they now carry? Anyways, definitely on my wish list. I still have a tester to see how's it doing in the longevity department, but so far, I love it!

Croman
Croman

Only one word:masterpiece.

To Themuffinman:Your fragrance is not fake.L'erbolario changed labeling Acqua di profumo to only PROFUMO on all new boxes and bottles.Profumo is same thing like EAU DE PARFUM.

Mayweed79
Mayweed79

I too had to try this as I have a huge crush on Musc Ravageur - and sure enough; it's amazingly similar but this one doesn't have the sharpness that I sometimes experience with Ravageur. This is the same scent, but silky smooth. I can spray 6-8 sprays and it's not remotely overbearing, I just feel surrounded by a soft spicy cloud.

Ravageur has sligthly better longevity on me, and stays truer to the original scent even after many, many hours, but Meharees is probably my favourite of the two even so; just more wearable.

KJS88
KJS88

So, the legends are true.

Musc Ravageur was a masterpiece (in a way only Roucel could pull off) because it achieved what it did without any floral notes, just wood, spice, and synthetic notes.

But Méharées is a masterpiece because its creator achieved what Roucel did with cheaper, fewer, and more natural ingredients. This is an essay in how rose with spice, orange peel, and vanillic woods can achieve a gorgeous, sensuous musk without the skank.

I've worn Musc Ravageur for years, since it's release, and I have to say I prefer this. I respectfully disagree that this smells more synthetic. To me it is very much a softer, more natural, "pastel" Eau de Toilette rendition of Roucel's masterpiece. And that, in my opinion, makes it significantly more wearable. What's more, I've only had this for two hours and I've been complimented half a dozen times. I've never been complimented on Musc Ravageur.

Terrific.

Plantus
Plantus

@Themuffinman

I think is very unlikely that that you would have a fake. I never seen or heard about a fake L'erbolario fragrance. Maybe is a new design, how is the fragrance, is smell proeminent as alcohol? How much is lasting on your skin?

Later edit. I just seen on youtube the latest video of FragBoy Stewie, and he have a bottle just like yours.So is pretty much sure that L'erbolario changed the labels for Meharees and Dolcelisir.

anna.dkr5

@Themuffinman: Probably, unless L'Erbolario has changed the label on their bottles. However, I went to the official website, and the pictures show bottles with "Acqua di Profumo" on.

Themuffinman
Themuffinman

I was wondering if someone could give me some info. I bought this online and the picture associated with it had on the bottle 'acqia di profumo' whereas the bottle I've received says only 'profumo', have I been sold a fake? Any help is much appreciated.

Migotka
Migotka

This fragrance is divine. Not very expensive, but for this price, you get a scent worth of a niche.

Meharees is an oriental goodness, almost a gourmand scent. Not strictly foody, but nonetheless it has quite a lot of powdery vanilla that combined with rose and cinnamon smell so delicious! As it develops, Meharees shows more of its woody/incense face with some subtle myrrh undertones (it used to be listed in the ingredients, not any more for some reason).

I really enjoy wearing it, but unfortunately it does not have a very big projection and could last a bit longer on my skin. For this price, I am not complaining too much, but it would be nice if the parameters of it were as impressive as the scent itself.

dormir6

In Hungary it is still available.

deanyunuss
deanyunuss

did they discontinue this masterpiece ? I could not find any in my country, not even from their counter!

tatonnement
tatonnement

Unreal. I bought this on ebay for about 20 EUROS after reading the reviews on here that this smells similar to Musc Ravageur. And guess what? IT REALLY DOES. Minus the huge musky furry note that Musc R. has, it is uncanny in its resemblance especially in the dry down. If you have a good nose, you will definitely notice the differences between the two but from a distance, they could be twins. Meharees, while inexpensive, is not cheap smelling nor overly synthetic in that nauseating kind of way. It is actually quite beautiful and smells of quality. I get warm woods, spices, vanilla and musk. Meharees has become my everyday scent and Musc R. is now being saved for special occasions. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a bottle of this!

smellslikedimond
smellslikedimond

There is a lot of discussion around this fumes similarity to Lutens Musc R. To me one of the differences is the prominence of the guaic wood in Meharees. It stands out quite a bit more in my mind and is why I love this one

tfirebaugh
tfirebaugh

Meharees is a class act!

The vanilla, cinnamon and amber are all present from the beginning with the most gentle whisper of dried citrus peel, almost like Earl Grey tea accompanying the mix. On my skin, it starts out so soft and subtle that I thought it might get lost right away.

I quickly discovered how much the resinous amber accord really begins to blossom and intensify after a few hours. I have read of it's kinship to the timeless Musc Ravageur and I TOTALLY see it. I wasn't crazy about the loud musk note in MR, so Meharees is the perfect fit for me. I've yet to wear it in Winter Months, and I can only imagine how much more it will come alive then.

For the price, I consider this a perfume of great quality. Do pick up a bottle, you won't regret it!

PS: Does anyone know who the Perfumers are for L'Erbolario? I'm curious to know if this was made as a "knock off" to MR, or if it was created independently and has a similar vibe. Thanks for any info!

deadidol
deadidol

I love cheap thrills, and L’Erbolario do cheap thrills well. This is the infamous Musc Ravageur clone, and as I write this, I have Méharées on one arm and Musc Ravageur on the other. The parallels are there, but this is not a full substitute.

Méharées starts with a spicy cinnamon and a delicately metallic clove. The clove delivers a faint medicinal chill to what is otherwise a warm tea-like oriental. It’s more balsamic than sweet, and there’s a fig/myrrh kind of desiccation to it. It’s somewhere between chai and an oily benzoin. The scent is quite linear and flat, but it wears pleasantly and is absolutely worth the $25 or so that it costs for a 50ml bottle (I had a friend bring it back from Italy for me). However, if you compare it to Musc Ravageur directly, its inadequacies are revealed.

The most obvious difference between the two is the musk. Musc Ravageur has a blistering civet at the start that’s entirely missing from Méharées. Furthermore, Musc Ravageur is more bodied and refined whereas Méharées comes off as gaunt and shrill in comparison. Having said that, over the course of thirty or so minutes, the two scents drift closer together and what’s left is a fairly analogous base, but I still wouldn’t say they’re identical. Musc Ravageur becomes a rich tonka over time that remains fairly refined; Méharées is notably hollow and higher pitched in comparison, becoming more of a synthy vanilla-resin affair. Musc Ravageur maintains its raunchy musk whereas Méharées never had one to begin with. Méharées smells cheaper in comparison, but not necessarily cheap unto itself. And that’s the key here: Musc Ravageur is about 8X the price of Méharées, but Méharées doesn’t smell 8X as cheap as Musc Ravageur. One way to look at Méharées is that it’s a sturdy, simple scent that just happens to resemble a more developed and expensive scent. While fans and owners of Musc Ravageur would inevitably be let down by this, for the less nitpicky, the dramatic price difference makes Méharées well worth it. It’s no true substitute because it lacks what makes Musc Ravageur what it is: the musk. But if you hate Musc Ravageur’s animalic musk yet enjoy the warm spiced vanilla-tea that it becomes, and as long as you’re okay with a less cultivated composition overall, go with Méharées and save yourself a massive chunk of change.

elislo
elislo

This has been my signature perfume for a couple of years, when I was very young. Speziato, warm he remembers the medioriente..what I love a lot. This perfume remembers me my summers..beach friends and first loves.
I love him/it but I don't succeed anymore unfortunately in bringing it..suffocate me and me tired!

Mieroli87
Mieroli87

I like it: it's sweet but also spicy,warm. It reminds me of some Christmas pie or biscuit, it's perfect for winter. However, not too heavy or sugary.

psebi101
psebi101

A wave of spices with a musky base followed by a sweetness from the dried fruits. I don't like it, as it is cloyingly sweet and makes me nauseous by being also quite strong in the first hour.
On my skin it gets powdery and I think it's more feminine than masculine. It dries down to a simple sweet scent.

halftwintowers

Excellent choice for the fall and winter months. I get sweet dates, sultry resins, sandalwood, amber, cinnamon and musk. This lasts anywhere from 6 - 9 hours on me with moderate projection. L'Erbolario has really done a superb job with Dolcelisir (in my top 3) and Meharees.

Update: After wearing this more in the fall and winter, I can truly say I love this fragrance. I've had the opportunity to test Chergui and Musc Ravageur (I'd put all 3 in the same family- dry, sultry, sweet) and I believe Meharees is just a more pleasant scent...and it's cheaper. I'm so glad to have this in my wardrobe. One of my top 5 scents...EVER!

polly golightly
polly golightly

le prime note, di arancia candita, lasciano presto il posto ad un accordo speziato di mirra, chiodi di garofano e datteri, che danno all'insieme una certa cremosità. assai simile al costosissimo musc ravageur (che è anzi più timido e minimale). molto gradevole.

anna.dkr5

Just a reminder... this is actually marketed toward women. I've seen it in the women section of L'Erbolario stores countless times in Italy.

Evelyn Orchid
Evelyn Orchid

I was so happy when I've found this interesting and captivating little curiosity. It's listed for men but it's rather unisex, as some of the reviewers pointed out, so I was delighted to wear it some long time ago. I can't quite remember all of the notes now that some time passed I haven't worn it but I recall the air of a luxurious refinement embracing lavish elegance and lifestyle that subtly evokes a sense of the exotic and an image of oriental golden Deserts. It's like a warm touch of a deluxe cashmere texture at your fingertips. I think it's time to purchase it again and wrap myself with this sensual, sophisticated caress. This remarcable oriental has a beautifully balanced smooth flow but at the same time attracting your attention all the time.

Molko
Molko

Very interesting oriental scent that I got it today. The first sniff is weird, I don't know what I can smell, something old, dirty/churchy and at the same time sweet spicies, maybe the mix of myrrh, patchouli and vanilla. It calms down fast into softer powdery dusty vanilla, sandalwood, this part reminds me of Shalimar but so much sweeter and funny, not as mature and raw. I think I like it, I always dig my nose into my arm to smell more:)
Sillage is rather close to the skin or moderate, lasting is also max. 4-5 hours on my skin.
Very addictive scent, I love it already:) I think it can be use in hotter weather also, because not so strong, on me it's silky and lightish

Cochlea
Cochlea

L’Erbolario‘s Meharees is a hot, sensual, exotic fragrance. It starts off medicinal with hot cinnamon! It made me think of the exotic spice market in Marrakech, Morroco. The dates add a sweetness to the scent, they are sweet with vanillic orange drizzle. Maybe it is my imagination, I sense a bit of curry powder, it is used daintly here. The amber is warm and rich with a hint of cinnamon underneath. The Myrrh then joins in to complement the amber. The myrrh adds an exotic touch to the scent, I am transported to the hot dry Sahara Desert. I adore the sultry vanilla drydown. It lasts for about 7 hours and the sillage is soft for me. This was a great blind buy for me (Not affiliated but purchased from CyberCucina.com)! The fragrance is marketed for men, but women can wear this too!

Lana148
Lana148

For men only? I don't think so. This smells very sweet on me.

Definitely exotic gourmand but soft and mellow. Smells natural and very Middle Eastern - feels like sweet, spicy dust storm. Interesting and attractive.

Ferrogamo2015
Ferrogamo2015

Best cologne ever !! On my opinion this cologne is very identical as musc ravageur and for me smell way better !!
Scent 10/10
Longevity 9/10
Versatility 9/10
Project excellent
Overall 10/10
defenitely check this out!!!!

kl99
kl99

In addition to the mentioned spicy notes,dates and myrrh, the official site of L'Erbolario talks about "woody and ambery notes. fresh accords, enriched with warm and velvety tones, with a mild and sweet background" and into the list of ingredients of the bath collection is mentioned "cotton oil" and honey. Can't say about the honey, but actually cotton can be also part of the composition of the perfume, even sugar. I believe ginger and vanilla as well cause Meharees remind me Vaniglia e Zenzero by L'Erbolario (arbitrarily translated in Vanilla & Ginger by Fragrantica) then probably those can be part of the composition.
And yes this is so similar, the smooth version of Musc Ravageur to make us doubt of the precious and expensive raw materials of certain niche/elite producers.
Honestly who has some knowledge of marketing knows that, despite the ingredients, some expensive products are sold with an high price just to catch the attention and money of rich believers.
Meharees is a truly beautiful and classic "One Thousand and One Nights" perfume.
A sunset in Egypt.
A lot of sandal in the drydown.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

Meharees - I believe the closest English translation is 'Journey by Camelback' - opens spicy with a small dose of orange that wisps in and out of my conscienceness. More cinnamon than clove, although I wouldn't say it was extremely spicy. The dates sweeten the composition to stop it from being too dry. I'm not usually a huge fan of myrhh in fragrances but here it does its job well, smoothing out everything else. I don't get much smoke.

I like Meharees, but I don't love it. I tried hard to love it but it just didn't get there for me. It's perfectly unisex, longevity and sillage are both acceptable but it never really captured my heart and I sent it to a better home. I do however believe Meharees is aptly-named, with it being a predominantly dry fragrance with an insightful touch of juicy dates.

Nice packaging with a suitably evocative story about journeying from 'Oasis to Oasis' in the leaflet one can find inside. I haven't tried Musc Ravageur so cannot make a comparison.

anna.dkr5

@gregoriou5: I own both Meharees and Spicebomb. Maybe it's just me, but I don't find them similar.

gregoriou5
gregoriou5

I've had so many compliments since I've been wearing this. It's definitely going to become my signature scent I think.

For people who are comparing this with Spice Bomb, then they're definitely right as I've been asked if that is the fragrance I'm wearing. I haven't tried it though, so can't compare them.

hedward
hedward

- Sexy camel -

The rumors are true, Meharees is indeed very much like Musc Ravageur... and even better!!

Meharees opens up with sweet orange and dried dates and eventually dries down to almost chocolatey spicy musky vanilla. Like said, Meharees smells like the best part of MR - the drydown after the pissy musk clove top notes. Also Meharees is fairly cheap and can be easily applied freely without having the feeling of smelling too much of perfume. L de lolita is also mentioned here and I partially agree that all three MR, L and Meharees share a salty quality but lolita leans more towards the gourmand side due to the caramel.

Normally I'm sceptic about "reminds me of" perfumes but this totally exceeded my expectancies! Absolutely worth it!!

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

A true masterpiece up their with LDDM by Tauer. I never smelled MR so I can't speculate. This is a very dry scent. iDK if the notes listed are accurate as I feel their is more. Maybe some cinnamon and Tonka. This is very long lasting with mega sillage! A very cozy and romantic scent best worn on cooler days. A blind buy that will be in collection as long as I am alive!!

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Profumo semplice e bello, dolce e speziato, delicato, non troppo impegnativo, lieve.
Ottimo rapporto qualità-prezzo, da indossare quando si ha voglia di un profumo spensierato e leggero.
Più che unisex, per me è proprio molto femminile e "giovane".

Gigi89
Gigi89

Cheaper version of Musc Ravageur! very good fragrance!

heymoe9
heymoe9

I was rearranging my perfume cupboard and I found the bottle of this perfume. I know I got
It a while ago, put it in the cupboard and forgot it. What a fool I am.

This smells so wonderful on me I can't stand it. Softly spicy, it almost makes me hungry it's so good. Musk always pops out on me, but with this it blends so well with the other notes it's not predominant as it usually is.

It reminds me of Palm Springs in the summer. I would take my kids there then because it's so hot the hotels are cheaper, and they love hotels. We would stop at Hadley's, which is a little store that sells the dates that grow in the area. We'd buy the dates then go to the dinosaur museum. The smell of the desert, the dates, sun, kids splashing in the pool, this perfume sums up the happiness I felt then.

chip
chip

My God this is soooooooooo similar to Musc Ravageur! I've got both and though MR is a tad more musky and has clove in it, nobody will notice the difference after 1-2 hours. On the first spritz its about 50%-60% similar to MR, but once it has dried down, its 90% similar to MR. After 2 bottles of MR, I've now turned to Meharees as the ultimate substitute that is wayyyyyyy cheaper!!

anna.dkr5

@bobekecske: this fragrance is actually marketed towards women. I live in Italy, and it is sold in the women's section of L'Erbolario stores and retailers. I think the admins might want to correct this. While it can be unisex, Méharées was meant to be worn by women, and loads of women here have had at least a product from this specific line in their lives.

bobekecske
bobekecske

Since everyone was likening it to Musc Ravageur (which I was always excited to smell but have not done so till this day as it's hard to come by where I live), I got very excited to find this on a good price being sold by someone online.
Oh the disappointment. Serves me right for ignoring that this is supposed to be targeted to men.
Don't get me wrong, it's nice, bit spicy, mainly ambery, warm and rich, great value for money as it seems potent and well done. But I will never reach for this.
Reminds me very much of L by Lolita Lempicka (which is marketed to women), which I liked but always neglected therefor passed on to someone else.
I bet this would smell nice on a man (and probably many women too) but my SO found it bit too sweet for his liking, so that ship has sailed as well.

Furby76
Furby76

This was on my doorstep when I arrived home from holiday today, and I couldn't wait to smell it due to the many positive reviews on here.

Since I was wearing Bvlgari Man Extreme (from the flight) I had to spray it on a clean item of clothing. From the first spray it sent out a gorgeous sweet smell that reminded me of something I loved and recognised from somewhere but couldn't quite put my finger on it. The scent didn't last a huge amount of time on the clothing, so after bathing I had to spray it on my skin. And this made a huge difference. Meharees is good on clothes but just amazing on skin, and that memory of smell hit me straight away.......my favourite soft drink root beer! I can not stop smelling my wrist without having the reminder of bringing an ice cold tin of root beer to my mouth. Beautiful.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on decants. Tested both Meharees and Musc Ravaguer. Meharees opens up with prominent sweet date note while MR with prominent clove and a touch of musk. Clove+musk gives an animalic feel to it. Once they evolves into mid development, they both smell almost identical with cinnamon+vanilla, which is gourmandish and very pleasant. MR isn't as loud as many say with average projection while Meharees has below average projection. Both have good longevity on my skin. IMO, Meharees is FB worthy.

mabduaguye
mabduaguye

First off, Thanks to all the "Fragranticans" who voted, else I'd never have stumbled across this frag. Being a lover of Musc Ravageur I decided to get a bottle from Ebay, and I am very glad I did.The best way to describe this is that it smells like the "best" part of MR at about a fifth of the price.

Longevity is not great on my skin, but I am not complaining, on my clothes I easily get 6-8 hours. At its price, Its definitely worth every cent and then some. If you love MR, this is a must-have!!! I am looking forward to trying the shower gel and body cream sometime in the future.

One thing though, after getting this, I realised that I actually rather like the opening of MR x_x

EDIT (30-08-2014)

The more I use this, the more It reminds me of Spicebomb. I speculate that it is the cinnamon+vanilla combo. Side-by-Side, they do not smell exactly alike but still, SB comes to mind each time I use this.

lmlovespapa

this scent is pure magic...STUNNING and one of my favs

Daniel.Friedrich42
Daniel.Friedrich42

Liking the heart and base of Musc Ravageur but hating the overkill of cloves in the top and also really liking L de Lolita lempicka i had to check out Meharees, especially for the price(30€ for the 50ml here in germany).

to get it out of the way first: yes, it's very very similar to MR with way less cloves and it's also a less feminine and a little less sweet L

Given the "official" more detailed note breakdown this kinda what i get out of it:

Top notes: orange, rose, cinnamon, dates, a hint of clove
Middle notes: cedarwood, guaiaco wood, patchouli, sandalwood, myrhh
Base notes: vanilla, amber, musks

Pretty fruity right after spraying it on but not like tropical fruit, more like dried sugared fruits with rose and a pinch of clove in the top.
Gets more woody, incensey and sweeter in the heart, though the cinnamon stays very long for me while cloves and rose fade away.
In the base the vanilla really outshines the rest but is kept in check by the musk. it never gets cloying but has a rather dry spicey feel to it.

Overall this is either a vanilla-gourmand or oriental spicey depending on how it turns out on your skin. Either way it's a very well blended fragrance.

Definitely a Unisex since neither the feminine nor masculine side overshadows the other.

Last about 12 hours(excellent) on me while projecting about arm's length. Great compliment factor from all the people that noticed it on me.

In the end this is imo a better version of MR at a fifth of the price.

If you liken the theme of vanilla/cinnamon/spices/musk you have to check it out if can get ahold of it

@Imlovespapa: usually at cybercucina

Nataja
Nataja

Now this is a serious love potion,GORGEOUS;GORGEOUS;GORGEOUS!!!!!

lmlovespapa

where can you get this it's so hard to find.

Yamba1
Yamba1

This is a gem. Yes, it is very similar to Musc Ravageur as others have said, but to be honest, it's better in my opinion. MR tries a little too hard to be noticed, and has the tendency on me to become heavy and cloying, maybe due to the cloves.
Meharees by comparison, is softer and more appealing. This is the type of scent that draws you in for more. I guess the dates are adding the sweetness, but I could have sworn there was vanilla or tonka in there too.
This is definitely unisex, so ladies don't be shy!
You can pick this up quite cheaply on eBay from an Italian trader with reasonable international shipping charges. Believe me, it is worth every penny.

Jim_Jones
Jim_Jones

At the risk of sounding like a texty teen: OMFG!
This scent is a beautiful, a handsomely presented gourmand brother of Musc Ravageur. I have a nice size decant of Musc Rav, but have been putting off buying a full size retail bottle b/c of its not too economic price. I was confident, due to the "...reminds me of" votes (thanks to all fragrantics who voted) that this would smell at least SOMEWHAT like Musc Rav; but this is superb, DEFINATELY worth the purchase, esp for such a well done scent at a great price and A MUST HAVE (as someone already said below) if you are looking for somthing like and Musc Rav, whether you own it (Musc Rav.) or not, grab a bottle of THIS and in just a couple sprays, watch this one unfold on your skin. I find it to be more complex then Musc Rav on my skin, personally.

I would give it 5/5 hands down,but will say 4.5/5 as longevity and silage could be better.

All in ALL --. AWESOME FRAGRANCE -- perhaps even one of my top ten, we'll see.

While I'm not generally into L'Erbolario, I think that Méharées is a nice job. I discovered this when I was looking for a myrrh scent that could smell more mellow than most pungent stuff.
I like the smell of myrrh but many myrrh-based scents becomes musty and acrid on me. I tried L'Occitane Eau d'Iparie and it was awful on me!
L'Erbolario also makes Myrrhae which I don't really deal very well and this one also made with myrrh. I like this one better, because it's sweeter and more layered, still quite a simple fragrance not many facets.
Anyway it worked wonders on an old friend of mine and smelled just ok on my skin with a musty edge given maybe by dates, which I love to eat btw.
It conjures up images of the desert and places I've been to,
It's very longlasting and exotical from a Western point of view.
If it works with your chemistry is a very good one.

thoushaltnotdefy
thoushaltnotdefy

For those of you who want to get your hands on this fragrance but are struggling to find it, if you search L'Erbolario on eBay under International Sellers, you can get a full bottle of this for only 20 euros from Italy.
Mine is on the way, will review it when it arrives :)

anna.dkr5

This hadn't been in my rotation for a while. I've decided to wear it now, and it's making me feel so relaxed. :)

anna.dkr5

@Christianne: I live in Italy, and Méharées is sold in the women section of L'Erbolario retailers. While it is definitely unisex, it was meant to be targeted toward women. :)

christianne1
christianne1

This is an absolutely beautiful, sensuous, powdery and warm spicy oriental. Meharees is completely unisex (not sure why it says for men). It is REALLY hard to locate though. I had to purchase a decant just to be able to try it. If anybody knows where you can get a full bottle (that ships to the US) please message me!

I am a huge Musc Ravageur fan and wear it regularly so I am not quite getting the same clone effect as some others. To me they are in the same scent family but still smell pretty different. But 158 people clearly disagree with me. :) Meharees is the much tamer version, less animal, less punch. It starts out smelling a lot like the mid-point of MR so for those who do not care for the ka-bam opening of MR but like the dry down, you would probably love this.

This retails for only $40, unbelievable price. The only trick is finding it. While it is MUCH less expensive than MR, the lasting power is substantially lesser as expected. But at this price you can spray it as much as you like! And it is the closest thing you will find to MR. So, if Frederic Malle isn't in your budget, this is a terrific substitute. Frederic Malle isn't in my budget either, I am just going into deep debt because of my champagne taste and beer budget when it comes to perfume. ;)

If I can ever locate a bottle of Meharees it is SOLD that is for certain. Love finding something great for a great price. I get a little buzz. :)

EDIT: Woo-hoo!! Thanks to a kind Fragrantica member who directed me to an Ebay seller in Italy, I now have a bottle on the way!!

bcoops

i just wanted to follow up on this.This was in my full rotation for last fall/winter/spring and back in again this year.Of all my fragrances that I own, decanted and tested including top niche and designers this is still at the top of my list.If wearing it today over a year later I can sometimes pick out something new in it.Its unique (at least me), performs great and is a steal for the price. It has taken on its own world. Its no longer a MR clone to me....It gets compliments and odds are no one has ever smelt it! In my search for my 'holy grail' I beginning to wonder if it has been with me all along ...

violetbat

Update from me. I really do like this, particularly the dry down. I shan't try to describe it as it has already been done so much better than I could.
However, I doesn't last at all on me ,1 hour tops and then I'm having to press my nose right to my skin.
Oh well.
So I have a nearly 50ml bottle going if there are any fans out there who want some and have something STRONG I could try.

violetbat

Oh I'm soooo excited. I found a full, new bottle on ebay today for £30!. I have no idea what it smells like, but it is my kind of perfume I know that. AND I was thinking of getting MR and or LDDM.
Can't wait for it to arrive and will update!

silverlook1
silverlook1

Ok it's very similar to MR but I gotta say after some heavy testing of them both.. Meharees is better.. I don't care what anyone says. MR opening simply reeks. I had people on the bus changing seats (preety sure because of it ;) ) .. I can't say the same for Meharees which is sweet and sexy from the very beginning. The opening has like a weird eucalyptus note..which some people who smelled it also got (I know it's not listed) but I guess the mix puts off this kind of vibe to it. All in all - a GREAT, sweet, sexy fragrance for a great price (so take that all You niche bastards who charge ridiculous money for even the simplest of your fragrances) ;)

taninha07
taninha07

i fell in love w/ this one , i must add i never really liked musc ravageur , simply bc the clove was bam ! in ur face ... 2 me , if both fragrances must be compared , meharees is so much more wearable ... its the kind of fragrance that i wear and it does not wear me ! its sexy enough , close to the skin enough , these days i wear it alone , and w/ my main man .

dormir6

This one is really wonderful! For me it's not oasis and desert, but angels' wings. Sweet, orange oil at first and then something mouthwatering, delightful, sweetness in light clouds. Heaven itself!!!!
Much better than the Profumum Roma line for example. Simple winner even amongst the niche perfumery!

mendwillie
mendwillie

Wonderful. This is identical to Musc Ravageur. Brilliant I love it really, chic, elegant, sensual, sexy, charming, perfect mix. Powerful in longevity and sillage. I need to buy another bottle. Wanna have this to me forever. For lovers of sweet perfumes full of spices from the East.

I classify it thus:
Smell: 1000/10
Projection: 10/10

hermyonee
hermyonee

have to try this one, but I'm rather skeptical, how could it be very close to Musc Ravageur and Battito d'Ali at the same time, those fragrances have nothing in commun! Seeing the notes, and after reading the other reviews, I'd rather say it's closer to Musc Ravageur, but still it might be a good try ;)

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

I purchased this thinking it would be a better alternative to Musc Ravageur. And surprisingly I enjoyed musc ravageur more. This shares a big resemblence to musc ravageur with a little bit of L'air du desert marrocain which I did not enjoy. It shares the same sour note that is in lddm that I did not enjoy along with the toned down clove and cinnamon. It's just not appealing to me. Musc ravageur is a better fragrance overall. To each his own.

puddley
puddley

To my nose: the strongest note is opoponax, although not listed, I believe this imparts the myrrh aspect of it’s ‘myrrh and dates’ description. If you are unfamiliar with this note, resinous opoponax smells of incense, amber and mustiness. It’s extraordinarily beautiful in the same way that old second hand book shops smell when they are overheated by winter radiators, in short, cosy and ancient. Les Nereides released ‘Imperial Opoponax’ of which I have a small decant. This fragrance combines the musty old book shop with a hint of cherry sweetness, again, another wondrous creation.
Alongside this note, an air of dirty musk resides, giving Meharees an animalic feel. This is not the clean whiff of laundry so evident in contemporary musks, but a big old whiff of the unwashed, ultimately rendering it a rather sexy fragrance. For those fearsome of ‘dirty musks’ such as Musc Koublai Khan and Musc Tonkin, you will find L’ Erbolario’s interpretation somewhat easier on the nose, yes, sexy, but not ‘inside out second day knickers’.
A third olfactory sensation comprises of a vaguely dried fruit scent. I feel this is the least obvious of it’s components. Is it the date provided in it’s description? I’m not sure. There is a noticable sweet ‘mulled wine-like’ smell that could be constituted of date, raisin, even a slightly plummy jam. Although the fruit appears, it appears shyly, lurking in the background.
Atmospherically, I can recall the dusty watercolour illustrations of my Children’s Illustrated Bible, vividly depicting the exodus through the desert or the Three Kings bearing fragrant gifts at the Nativity. As an adult I have shed any latent belief in biblical stories or indeed organised religion, however, I find the fragrant link to this childhood memory both beguiling and consoling. Overall, this is a scent of comfort, the warming hug of a lover on a cold night, languorous and appeasing. There is no exuberant stimulation here, it’s a soft edged, muzzy headed, fragrant Valium.

Check out my fume writing at "Odiferess" on blogspot.

sophia.mo.8
sophia.mo.8

I wish I could get a hold of this! Sounds great. Has anybody residing in the UK bought it?

ClareN
ClareN

This is a really pretty scent and it does resemble Musc Ravageur, but it doesn't do it for me the way MR does. I remember MR having a stronger and more feral musk element. This is a tamer spiced vanilla/amber, closer to L de Lolita Lempicka than Musc Ravageur, in my opinion. They all share the same odd salty-vanilla-tonka base, but Musc Ravageur has something the others don't have. It's been almost a year since I last tested MR, so I'll need to test it again to see what that is, unless my brain is tricking me.

anna.dkr5

@Stjoseph777 - you're welcome! Let us know how you like it. :)

anna.dkr5

Bought it today. It's as good as I remembered it to be: dry, sweet, sour, gentle, and sensual.

Méharée is a French word that means: "Journey on camel back".

This fragrance is supposed to remind one of a journey in the desert, travelling from an oasis to the next. Date trees are often found in oases, hence the date fruit note in this perfume.

It's hard to get bored by this fragrance because it's so multifaceted, and keeps you entertained. It envelops you gently and follows you around for many hours. A couple of sprays maximum and it can be worn anywhere, because it will remain discreet. This has a lot going for it, and has more character than many other much more expensive fragrances. Also, not many people wear it.
Quality-wise, it even beats some Dior and D&G perfumes. It contains natural ingredients and it's not tested on animals. The price is great. What an affordable treat!

*There's a whole line of products with the same scent, including body cream. it can usually be found at cybercucina.com*

EDIT: If you're thinking of purchasing the deodorant cream, it doesn't smell very much like the perfume anymore. It used to smell exactly like it, and it projected well, too. Now, I'm pretty sure it's been reformulated, because all I get is very light talcuum powder mixed with incense.

anna.dkr5

I've used the shower gel and deodorant before. I loved both, but this is not a scent everyone will appreciate. It's sweet and bitter at the same time. It has spices, and a hint of a medicinal smell at times. The drydown is sweeter. I haven't tried the perfume yet, but it is definitely my next purchase. I plan to wear it in Summer, too.

samuelsingh
samuelsingh

Does anyone know where can i buy this one?

Greg1965
Greg1965

Well, after reading the revievs and especially seeing that it "was much like MR", I decided to buy a bottle without even knowing how it smelled.
The simple thought was... It can't go wrong.
I got the bottle last week and I must say, I was pleasent suprised by it. Yes you could say it is MR family. I like the MR better but this is a very good scent. Worth buying and using.

evhely
evhely

questa è una fragranza calda,avvolgente...dolcemente speziata.Per me è adatta all'autunno-inverno perchè non vi è nulla di fresco in questo profumo.Bella creazione da Erbolario. Erbolario è famoso in tutta Italia,non vende solo a Roma ma in tutte le erboristerie e ci sono anche negozi franchising erbolario.La diffusione di questo marchio è ampia ed è un marchio comunque molto apprezzato in Italia.

full_of_colours
full_of_colours

Great unisex choice for lovers of Oriental Spicy fragrances! As someone mentioned, it is sweet and dry. Lush resins with a good dose of spices, vanilla and musk! Can't go wrong for the price. I smelled Musc Ravageur yesterday and yes, they are indeed close cousins.

emmanuel.santana
emmanuel.santana

if anyone interested in selling a bottle of this please pm me

bcoops

if u like musc ravageur definitely try this out....i actually like it better.....smells great lasts and project like crazy...easy on the trigger this is no slouch

update 2 sprays ...1 chest, 1 base of the neck this projects for an EASY 6 hrs.....it is very strong.....this is one of a handful that i continually smell ALL DAY

good stuff

ANOTHER UPDATE ...i have been wearing the crap outta this, and for kicks and giggles wore MR yesterday....alls it did was prove to me how fantastic this Maharees really is....Maharees is what MR should have been...it is without a doubt the best smelling bang for your buck that lasts, projects well, made with natural ingredients...what more can u ask for???????? I have Dolcelisir on the way...cant wait to checkk that out

fgallarini
fgallarini

What can I say, L'erbolario has some really good pefumes at very affordable prices. OK, they are not long lasting but hey, they're almost at supermarket costs!

Menares is unique, has a great oriental flow to it.

sistermoon
sistermoon

Oh Meharees! Warming, hot spices and woods, amber and (very modest) vanilla with subtle zesty citrus notes (orange oil?) all wrapped up in lots of airy and kinda salty musk. I do get the idea of dates, because there is a thick sweet note here that I usually get from dates and figs. Now that sounds like a lot of notes and impressions, but in reality it's all very well blended and effortlessly morphed into one thing. It really is unique. This is not your average spicy oriental. I'd say it's too musky for that label. It's a bit of a skin scent - the kind that stays close and smells like the better version of me (Wouldn't I like to think that!) and yet when I smell it closely I can also sense a bit of... err... rumble in the jungle.?. (won't say more).

Well, you'll just have to smell if for yourself, because I know that I'm not making much sense. But overall what I'm struggling to say is that Meharees is a very sensual fragrance with oriental vibe, and a lot more to it. It's also one of 2 or 3 fragrances that I would dare to describe as sexy. I don't like using that word to describe a fragrance because every ad does it to sell yet another fruity floral to young girls. When I say it, I really, REALLY mean it. But of course, these things are a matter of personal taste and opinion... Meharees is far from desperate and attention-seeking as you can get. Instead, it draws you in and keeps you interested. It also makes you write silly reviews. I'm in love. :)

arabrabsotrab
arabrabsotrab

It does not remind me of Battito D'Ali at all. More like Musk Ravageur, but the drydown is soft, feminine. I am more and more addicted. True, that it does not last long but never mind, while it lasts it is really nice on a female. I can also imagine it on a man. Sexy!

5354alice
5354alice

I had this one, and I usually buy it every year in october...I think it's perfect for the first cold: the spices make you feel hot and the dates remember you the summer. It' quite exotic, but in a elegant way...and it's cheap and long lasting! I love it!!!

Ale
Ale

This fragrance is definitely unisex. It posseses an intense medicinal note so i don't like it too much. However, i appreciate the effort of "L''Erbolario" to create a unique fragrance.

leecher88
leecher88

yes this one is nice, in the beginning its a little bit like medicine or medicament but then it became better !

its for me hard to describe how it smells but the spices are well combined !!!

and when i wash my hands (on my wrist i sprayed it ) i washed little of my wrist with water and WHAT THE HELL
it became even better

really i will try it soon out with and without water !!!

but for sure try with little water after spraying it

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm gourmand pure !

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

Rougetnoir, you're right! If you read my review about Profumum Battito d'ali, you'll see I wrote it's very similar to Meharees (I just tried Battito d'ali)! But now I absolutely want to try Musc ravangeur...how is complex, longlasting and amazing this Meharees! :)

luz

I have chosen this as my wedding scent. it was perffect for a noon cerimony in the Jersusalem montains.

rougetnoir
rougetnoir

nobody recognize that this perfume is very very close to another Italian creation, Battito d'Ali by Profvmvm, THAT COSTS A FORTUNE!
maybe because l'erbolario is veny known in Italy but not in the rest of the world, and Profvmvm is a nice company, probably sold only in rome and in very few other perfumery (and online).
I love them both, but I only tried Mehares in a shop, so I can't not tell you if they are sooooo close.

amelie
amelie

Another L'Erbolario to recommend, maybe their best. Such a warm composition, yet so simple, slightly spicy, woody and even sweet on my skin. Leaves the impression that it's more complex. Very well done, amazing how affordable. Suitable for winter, I never thought of it as a men's fragrance.
edit/suits male's skin too,a must try!

noori
noori

I can't believe it... such an amazing fragrance for such a good price! A bit hot, thanks to the spices, yet you can wear it also when the weather is warm... the perfect scent for those looking for a nice, sweet spicy scent for both day and night, winter and summer. Also very good sillage.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Was looking at Musc Ravageur to post my Scent of the Day, saw this, read all the reviews, bought it blind and all I can say is they could charge twice as much and still this would be a steal! Very nice! The heart of Musc Ravageur and this fragrance are identical, this is a tad drier maybe a bit sweeter. It also resembles L'Air from Tauer

spumyland
spumyland

...gnammmm..reminds me of the lip balm...sweet butter,warmmmmm, i LOVE it!! i have the candle version.He enlightened many nights in my house, now it's over but I can't throw it! ' will surely buy the eau de toilet.
for the price????: excellent!!

adriana.rizzati

I asked L'Erbolario about the detailed olfactory pyramid of Meharees, here it is:

Top notes: bergamot, orange, rose, cinnamon
Middle notes: cedarwood, guaiaco wood, patchouli, sandalwood
Base notes: vanilla, amber, musks

Fairly good sillage, incredibly long lasting.

adriana.rizzati

A little masterpiece, an outstanding fragrance, extreme and incandescent just like the place that has inspired it: the Sahara Desert.
Much more complex and multifaceted than many other perfumes by L'Erbolario.
I appreciate the fact that in Meharees there are all the types of taste: bitter, bitter-citrus, citrus-salty, savory-sweet and sweet.

For this reason, despite the presence of warm and sweet spices that make this fragrance round, creamy and ideal for cold weather, Meharees suits perfectly also in the hottest summer... indeed, under its golden-warm-desertic scent, you can smell a citrus-salty echo from the northern coast of Africa, as a pungent breath coming from Ionian and Tyrrhenian seas. These sparkling notes, anchored by sensual musks, give to Meharees an invigorating character that makes you literally reborn...

In Meharees I found a deep, sensual fragrance: it's warm, sweet and savory, cosy and welcoming, smoky and assertive, balmy and regenerating; it makes me feel self confident and charming, and above all it makes me feel happy!

merilu59
merilu59

meraviglioso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! la crema per il corpo è fantastica profuma per ore e ore

rritual
rritual

it resembles musc ravageur. if you hate the clove note in MR, then this is for you. it has the drydown the vanilla and the musc. it cheap too but hard to find. i got two bottles, and i find myself not using my MR because if have this to be honest.

hnyc
hnyc

Definitely a woman's scent! It's sweet and warm. I can't detect any specific spice in this but it just smells nice. It is very light and does not last long, that's my only complaint!

Update: I have to change my statement above, this does last a long time and nothing lasts long on me. I put it on yesterday and i could still smell it when I woke up this morning. it was such a nice way to wake up!!

silentrich
silentrich

If you've ever sampled either L'Air du desert marocain or Musc Ravangeur your going to really enjoy this. The opening and heart resemble L'Air du desert marocain and the drydown is very similar to Musc Ravangeur. Hard to find, but a really nice fragrance for the price.

Babina 70
Babina 70

I don't think it is a fragrance for men.. I prefer it for women.. it's sweet, oriental I like it a lot, especially for automn/winter.

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

Just got this yesterday, and I have to say I like it VERY much. It's a tad dry, a little spicy and sort of sweet. Kind of like L'Air du Desert Marocain (my fav)with a spoonful of sugar:) A lovely, cozy scent with good staying power. Excellent price, also.

luz

It makes me think of an oasis in the desert, oriental and refreshing. Great fragrance !

F_A
F_A

Meharees is a beautiful fragrance which wraps you like a warm cashmere sweater. Meharees has the warm smell of wood, spices and sweet Date with a drop of salt in it. It brings you to the exotic places, where the wind brings the sand from the dessert and the oriental smells of hammam.
I agree with mypersonalharmonics, it's a pleasure to wear it! The staying power is great. The price is really very good.

Update! It's a sister to L by Lolita Lempicka and the amber note is absolutely lovely! :)

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

To begin with,this is not a fragrance for men.I bought it as a femminine scent in 2003.There was also a body cream in a jar to go with it-woman's stuff.
It is sweet and dry. Myrhh,sandal,definately nutmeg,maybe some cinammon.There should be some vanilla around and a generous dose of musk.I enjoyed wearing it,it has great staying power and it's a value for money choice.