Designers » L » Oriental Woody « Groups

Ambre L`Occitane en Provence for women

Ambre L`Occitane en Provence for women
dislike

Ambre L`Occitane en Provence for women Pictures

Ambre by L`Occitane en Provence is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women. Ambre was launched in 2001. Top notes are bergamot and freesia; middle notes are labdanum and tonka bean; base notes are amber, vanilla and cedar.

Bergamot Freesia

Labdanum Tonka Bean

Amber Vanilla Cedar

Ambre Gris

Ambre Fragrance Reviews

Hellita
Hellita

Amber has a problem with my skin because it surely doesn't work for me. Whenever I try frags with a lot of amber it turns sour on me. Anyway, this is a very nice scent for those who can wear amber, but unfortunately it's not for me. I would recommend to try before you buy it!

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Before dry down came i was not really sure about it. It had something masculine in the top notes. But as times passes by i get very warm and alluring scent. There's not much happening there because it settled on my as pure pudding like vanilla but at the end i decided that i like it. Lasting power over 10 hours.

Redpula
Redpula

This is simply Amber at its finest. A perfume that can seduce the entire human race and even the extra terrestrial. I am proud to own a bottle and this will be one of my best close encounter/date scent. Again, simply the best amber based perfume that I am sure women would love to smell on men and them to wear, to lure their men. Nuff said.

Dammit! Why didn't I buy this beauty when I had the chance?! Seems to have disappeared from the online store along with the entire line.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Wonderful fragrance! Superb quality!
This smells sooooo good! Balmy amber, sweet vanilla and warm cedar wood. Perfectly unisex!
Great longevity and nice sillage!
♥♥♥♥♥

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

I am loving this like I knew I would. it's all warm amber, cedar, tonka and vanilla. I don't sense the floral top note at all. this scent is sweet, warm and dry but very rich. this would be the perfect scent for the fall or winter along with l'occitane's myrrh and incens, which I also own and love. they are definitely reminiscent of each other.

bobekecske
bobekecske

So much amber. Very warm, very cozy, can only imagine wearing this (myself) in the winter.
I hardly ever reach for it as it is quite linear (wish I'd smell more bergamot or freesia, that seems like intriguing idea) and not really my type of scent, but I do appreciate it and I'm happy I own a bottle as it seems to be discontinued now.
There seems to be some boozy note which makes it a bit more exciting but also masculine to my nose.

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

I'm not sure if this frag is discontinued. I picked up my bottle over the 2013 Christmas. I saw 4-5 bottles in the bargain cart for around 45 CAD/per bottle and decided to grab one after a test spray.

I am NOT a fan of oriental amber scents, but surprisingly, this one works for me. It's more on the lighter side but retains nonetheless the characteristics of an ambre perfume that is sensual and enclosing without suffocating my olfactory senses. I can also definitely detect the freesia in this perfume, which gives off a fruity, flirty feel. I think this is exactly what renders Ambre by L'Occitane light and airy.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Through a generous Fragrantican giveaway, I have a nearly full bottle of this fragrance--not something that ever would have crossed my mind, as it's really out of the price range I set for this hobby! But, I'm so happy to be able to try it; I adore oriental's, and enjoy a spicy sweet amber, which Ambre most certainly is. VS Amber Romance and Incanto by Ferragamo are both also sweet ambers--and I think those scents are the fragrance-god-children of Ambre. VS Amber Romance is quite sweet and sugary, with a hint of floral; Incanto is more fruity-floral amber; compared with Ambre, both are pleasant but seem amateurish. Ambre is somehow rich and light at the same time, sweet but not tooth-shatteringly-sugary. It is very well balanced.

A light golden amber, like the rich golden broiled-sugar top of a fantastic creme brulee. In perfect counterpoint is the light, crisp, woodiness of the cedar. You are eating your creme brulee on an outdoor veranda, with the breeze bringing you the scent of nearby trees. The cedar gives a spiciness that isn't spicy, a richness that isn't heavy. The cedar and sweetness reminds me of Spark by Liz Claiborne (caramel, cedar and cinnamon--Ambre just lacks the cinnamon). I also smell the labdanum, which here is not grey or powdery but I think only serves to give structure to the amber. Ambre is a warm scent, perfect for cuddling up on a cool day. It's comforting and sophisticated at the same time; elegant but not aloof. This is a truly lovely fragrance, very satisfying to smell throughout the day. It has good sillage--I think that it probably projects to those around me--and longevity has been around 4 hours before I want to refresh.

SIPLANTIS
SIPLANTIS

I've just bought it since i've heard it won't be distributed anymore in Turkey When i sprayed on my wrist , flash lighted on my mind, it was just like the beautiful fragrance called Armani Code.. I'm so glad i caught it from its tail :)

whaea
whaea

Oh Ambre... the perfume version is a pale imitation of the tiny glass bottles of Ambre oil that were available in the early 2000s... nothing has come close to the smell of this oil, not even the Ambre perfume, which to me, smells alcoholic and thin on the drydown. Closest I've come to the oil is maybe Obsession - minus the animalic notes.
My little empty glass bottle sits in my glove box. I take it out and sniff it and the scent is as beautiful as it was when it was full.

Castor
Castor

Agua de Colonia al Ambar (Amber Eau de Cologne) was a staple in every Argentine household up to the 1970's. There is still one being sold. Don't ask for miracles, they were / are EdCs sold in drugstores, to be used on situations such as "people are visiting us, tie up, comb your hair, come to the bathroom, smell well" following a generous dab of any of these EdC's. On that occasione I would tell myself "hey, I like it" and, well, it was gone after minutes that felt seconds. They revived when sweating, and since Summer in Buenos Aires is heavily muggy, I would associate them with social occasions taking place in that time of the year.

How are these like: citric / amberine scents. As simple as that.

So I saw that an Amber fragrance was being offered by L'Occitane, asked to try it, looked oddly by the SA (a man trying a feminine scent?) given a spray on my skin and... for heaven's sake this did not have anything to do at all with the EdCs I refered to! It was a cloying nightmare, long lived, oppresive, very feminine, chemistry at its best, I must admit, disgusting, really.

But many love it. Disregard my observations. Something that makes me think: why L'Occitane has this policy of continous launch and discontinuation of offers? Eau de Baux and Eau de 4 Voleurs are highly praised by many reviewers, but they were discontinued. Add to this the impression that they are fading out their line of EdTs targetted to men.

Whatever. I am not the owner. They might do as they please regardless of my / our criteria.

amedeestyle
amedeestyle

Wish I had purchased...Discontinued but reminds me of Black Orchid (which feels cloying).

thepro2cer
thepro2cer

Picked up a bottle today. They have 3 left of the ORIGINAL Ambre, not the Santal for $75. Let me know if you want more info. RaJuR Music on the web.

Museumgal
Museumgal

The resins are amazing in this scent, warm and sweet without being too syrupy. The vanilla is warmed by the amber but I don't really think of this as a gourmand sort of vanilla. Sweet without being foody. Lovely for winter months.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Yummy apple pie placed beside some leather and incense. A straitforward, robust amber, exuding its natural beauty without being an artifice. Warm, soothing and consoling, at the same time, the slight leather edge brings out a sexy hint. The sillage is moderate on me and the longevity is +10 hours. It also has an oily intensity that makes it feel more like an EDP instead of an EDT. It can be elegant, or casual, a very versatile and affordable little beauty. I would definitely recommend it for those who are looking for a amber theme fragrance. Unfortunately it seems to be discountinued, so grab one if you're lucky enough to come across one in the boutique!

Jmacky
Jmacky

This was a blind purchase based on all the positive reviews I read. When I finally received it, I was very excited and couldn't wait to try it. Oh my goodness, what a horrible smell - I was so shocked at much it made me recoil when I smelt it. It reminds me of churches and the incense that is waved during service. This is absolutely potent and will definitely not being using it not even as a room freshener, which I sometimes do with perfumes I no longer use.
Very disappointing but I am glad I tried. I have purchased many things after reading review and as a blind purchase. Thankfully out of my 100+ bottles thre has only been 3 I dispised and a couple I thought were just ok, the others I loved.
Keep reviewing people, its lovely to read your comments, very helpful x

zimmer73
zimmer73

I received this the other day..blindbought after looking for the ultimate warm and sexy amber fragrance..I admit that it is quite nice, but I realize that I really look for something else..
Especially because I had to spend 220 USD to get it to Norway..Then I expect a bit more.

raw umber
raw umber

Consistently one of my favorite ambers. Resinous rich and luminous with a memorable golden transparency. This, more than any other amber I have tried, smells the way fossilized amber looks. It's the scent of fine, distilled conifer blood, aged in small batches in oak barrels, straight from the forest. Exotic yet comforting. Gently sweet and gently spicy. Lasts for hours close to the skin but projects well for first several. Smells the way the word "harmony" sounds. Never grow tired of it.

Big.Bello
Big.Bello

in my opinion unisex perfume
warm romantic unique comfortable
10/10 (big like)

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

L'Occitane Ambre is a resinous, thick, syrupy EdT that should be labeled an EdP. I happened upon a new storefront over 60 miles from my home and with delight sampled Ambre. The entire drive home I kept smiffing my wrists and inner elbows, thankfully on the dark roads home, else truck drivers would wonder what this woman was doing. So many images were coming to mind and I could not immediately ledger them.
A neighbor greeted me when I arrived home, and as we were talking, she interrupted me with, "You wear perfume like a woman should. That's how I want to smell. How do you do it?" This was well over three hours after I had sprayed myself in the store. I had already known Ambre would be a purchase, but her telling me this cinched the deal in my thoughts.
One of the images this fragrance brought to mind was a very old memory of when I would open my violin case, pull out the chunk of rosin to coat my bow, and inhale deep scents encompassed in the case. No matter how small the rosin cubes would get, I'd still keep then in the corner pocket of the violin case, because there was something about the mellowness and odor of aged rosins.
Ambre brings to mind old libraries to me, structures built centuries ago, the interiors of old panels of deep, dark wood. Twenty-foot high tall ceilings that are dimly lit, with stacks of books that are endless. Clean, dry, leathery smells that I would enjoy as I browsed the volumes. An airyness amongst the deep richness that I could inhale and not feel overwhelmed.
Vanilla plays into Ambre salaciously, almost lasciviously. Not sweet, not cloying, but mysterious, vampy and almost boozy. An adult vanilla that mixes with the notes beautifully to create a fragrance so warm and coy it can turn heads on the right person. Some tea influences with the bergamot mix well with the leathery notes of the labdanum, while the amber creates a delightfully creamy and warm vanilla-amber.
Ambre lasted well over six hours for me, and that included a hand-washing. The bottle looks vintage, quaint and I find it rather appealing.
Edit: Ambre is now discontinued, availability scarce as to what is left in stores/catalog.

SS79
SS79

Just ordered this based on MANY suggestions from a thread I posted, looking for the best warm amber fragrance.... They still do have it on their website like others have said! I can't wait for this to arrive!!!!! Another post to come!

EDIT:
Okay I just received this today.. OMFG!!!! This stuff is addictive!! It is such a beautiful warm, a bit spicy.. comforting scent.. I can't wait to wear this all fall and winter! I think my other frags will have to take a back seat for a while!

Aaredhel
Aaredhel

I got his today at 30% off. Nearly blind bought it since I adore this type of fragrance and OMG! this is totally a comfort scent... makes me feel wrapped up in a warm soft blanket during a winter day, with a hot cup of tea, huge slice of apple pie and my favourite book... good stuff!

melpomeni
melpomeni

Unfortunately it seems that L'Occitane's Amber has gone out the door into being discontinued. My bottle is still quite full (thankfully) and I only use it on special days where I want to smell delicious and sultry. This EDT is fantastic if you want a strong and dedicated 'amber' fragrance. Very lovely.

babouboba
babouboba

I want this one !!! An l'Eau des des Baux for my man !
MMmmmmmmhhhhh

idressyou
idressyou

L'occitane's website says it's discontinued (and sold out) again? 7/7/13

Dzisufero
Dzisufero

Tested this today. On me it smells just like custard powder (not that that's a bad thing!). I wish that I could detect the bergamot, cedar and tonka bean. Overall I like it and I'm putting it on my want list.

Queenofthefairies
Queenofthefairies

I would have liked it so much to work on my skin, but it doesn't...Too bad :-( It just makes me sick because of it's strong smell.I just can't...

xxstarburstxx
xxstarburstxx

No longer discontinued... can buy it online & it is back in the stores - Thank the Lord!
Lovely, lovely, lovely... I don't find it at all floral and can smell amber, bergamot & tonka bean (my favourites), some labdamun and cedar. There's a spicy amber, patchouli (not in the notes but probably a combination of amber, labdamun & cedar?) flavour to it.
Delicious, warm & spicy. Very natural. Not overly heavy but lasts for ever. Still on my clothes the following day. Linear with a quiet, warm staying power.
Get lots of compliments for this. IMO a day scent.

Bandit
Bandit

My skin tends to sublify sweetness and amplify spices, which is very nice of it, because that's how I like it.

What should I say? I'm very lucky, on me Amber is not overly vanillary and/or sweet, but very spicy and aromatic. This amber works perfect for me, although it is too weak (I get approx. 3 hours out of it). All spicy L'Occitane's (sadly all disc. with exception of few men offers) seam to be made for me, they smell very edgy, warm and natural, really highest recommendation for them.

They are - and Amber is no exception - kind of a "safe heaven": no headache, no overpower, no chemical smell... it is very odd, that L'Occitane axe all their spicy-oriental-aromatic perfumes to sell heaps of boring florals and fruit punches, but the clerk told me today, that actually they are not too popular. Can you believe that?

I'm with Mle Coco: Why would a woman want to smell like a flower?

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

I always enjoy Ambre which I share with my lover as it smells beautifully in both of us, completely unisex frag. It contains some of my winner notes: bergamot, tonka, labdanum, cedar. Of course, lots of amber. Vanilla under control and freesia in small amounts at the beginning, which suits my taste. Not too sweet, deep enough. Warm, sweet and beautiful.

I don't find it so strong, very wearable in every season as long the temperatures aren't extremely high. Nice natural materials. Recognizable mediterranean wood spirit.

It's true, you can't say Ambre is a low cost scent but it isn't so expensive either for its quality. I would buy it again when we finish up this bottle.

I'm also wishing to buy the much earthy Iparie to layer them, works delightfully. But that will be next autumn, now it is time to look for spring summer side of things.

Update: This gem and I'parie are being discontinued this summer, it seems l'occitane will be introducing a new amber scent soon, lets hope it is at least as this one.

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

If I had to choose one word to describe this it is Yummy! I received this in a swap and had no idea what it was like. The amber is straight up in your face and the sweetness is so warm and inviting. I can't help but take deep breaths of this wonderful new found love!

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

I was working at L'occitane as a Christmas temp actually. I didn't enjoy the experience however because the company values are very stingy and do as best as they can to push customers into buying their ridiculously overpriced products. They are somewhat con artists and you can find their products for less than half the price in France. Also their products probably cost less than 1 euro to make so its pretty selfish of them. They also used to call me up at late notice and tell me that another store needs cover staff (how unprofessional) and I was generally treated like crap by the other staff.
Anyway moving onto the actual fragrance! I absolutely loveeeee this! Smells woody, spicy and ambery and I would spray this on myself at the beginning of my shifts. Very delicious and cosy and perfect for winter. Would I buy it? I don't know, ill have to go back and re smell it! Probably not the same store though, LOL

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

L`Occitane en Provence Amber makes me think of a 1940's furniture factory filled with beautiful hand crafted wood while the men drink whisky and smoke cigars on their breaks. A glorious burst of amber with warm vanilla and roasted tonka beans that give a sweet butterscotch like smell that has a deep soothing undertone of cedar. I know L`Occitane en Provence Amber is for women, but I can easily see a man being able to wear this fragrance because it is slightly similar to Givenchy's Pi for men. Like sitting in front of a fire place with a blanket, this fragrance is perfect for those chilly winter months because it is such a warm and inviting scent. Absolutely love the art deco look to the bottle!

Kiera79
Kiera79

I was a little put off by the initial sawdust smell, but that fades into a warm amber that is really nice.

This has been discontinued by L'Occitaine, but you can still buy it on Amazon for the original price. People on eBay are charging an arm and leg for a bottle!

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

L'occitane's Ambre is simply lovely. Its a great somewhat dry amber that is natural smelling and not overly sweet. It is one of the only pure amber smelling perfumes that I can wear without getting a headache. I would wear this during the fall through early spring where I live because it would become too heavy in the summertime. Ambre has an insane lasting power which is great for the price. If you ever get the chance to smell this take the time to give this a sniff.

Ejlgsp71
Ejlgsp71

Not bad. A slightly feminine and less high end version of TF Tobacco Vanille, for girls. Balmy, strong amber and vanilla, sillage and longevity better than expected for this brand and EDT. If you love amber, I recommend.

aveilhe
aveilhe

L'Occitane scents manage to be unique, yet accessible, simple, yet complex enough to keep me interested. They make very good everyday fragrances, particularly if you work in an office and don't want to perfume-bomb your co-workers with heavy fragrances.

This is everything an amber should be, and on top of that, it has a very reasonable price tag. It is balsamic and warm, without being overly sweet. The labdanum here is perfect -- not hidden in the background, but up front and center. Oh labdanum! I would eat you if I could! It is also fabulous for layering. I love layering it with any number of L'Occitane's bright, sunny rose/peony scents. This creates a lovely contrast of syrupy and fresh (sorry, gourmand word choices, but somehow they work).

I receive unexpected compliments when I wear this, which is always nice ;) The sillage and longevity are moderate-- again, perfect if you want something a bit richer for cold months but not too heavy or overpowering.

pinkypuff
pinkypuff

Heavy fragrance which absolutely should be used in winter. And I merely smell the vanilla for the amber instead. Very very very similar with Dior Addict.

tjjbjaeg
tjjbjaeg

The amber is clear and dry at first and then gives way to a sustained pleasant creamy vanilla. Not complicated or surprising, but a lot pleasanter than many sickly vanilla I have tried. I like it and if someone gave it to me I would wear it. Keeps going a long time.

lisarad
lisarad

Lovely clean amber floating around me. Slight twist of vanilla...very nice straightforward delight. This is going on my add list. Loved wearing this today! Felt beautiful on my skin, loved smelling my skin.

cookies1
cookies1

Mmmm,smells like home.Rich amber,powerful scent.It smell to me like christmas time with ginger bread cookies and cinamon.Warm,seductive,a little bit like cognac.I sit by the fireplace...and enjoy the happiness,peace and love.I enjoy autumn walks,the leaves rustling underfoot,and amber scarf around my neck.Perfect aura and durability

personsa22
personsa22

This is a powdery, sweet herbal fragrance that doesn't disappoint

I'm not an amber lover like many others are, yet I can see why this fragrance gets such acclaim! It's definitely "up there" as one of the most beautiful natural amber perfumes I've had the pleasure of smelling. It's warm, only slightly sweet, and fairly long-lasting.

The whole time I was wearing it I kept thinking I could smell something very floral. It was a beautiful touch that really added to the simplicity of the amber. I couldn't wait to get home and see if there were flowers in here, and I was happy to see freesia above because I adore the scent of freesia. This is definitely not a floral perfume though--many would never notice the floral note at all.

Might have to consider adding this to my collection.

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

The labdanum is usually harvested from cistus plant(resinous substance, covering it' s branches). Labdanum in the notes usually stands for cistus as I understand.
I was also confused with the description on L'occitane's website, then googled the labdanum and cistus. Now this one is more or less clear to me, can not say it about other notes.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Why is the cistus plant not listed as one of the ingredient here?

The perfume box says:

"When the sun is slowly setting above the Mediterraneean shore, cistus plants fill the air with their delicious ambered and balsamic perfume.

Distillated by perfumers from Grasse, these shrubs release a resin with an intense amber aroma, which provides strngth and sensuality to any fragrance.

Grown in a land bathed in sunlight, the warm and enveloping perfume of the cistus plant captivates with its oriental, ambered and woody notes"

Or is Amber ALWAYS made from the cistus plant and I am just totally out of the loop on that one?

Hmmm. Anyway, I would like to add that this is my favorite Ambre scent of all time and I love the way the bergamote/freesia combo makes this perfume smell so natural, like a living plant more than like a traditional "ambery" perfume that reminds you of a warm amber stone. I love this so much. You can litterally smell the sticky resin coming out of the plant. Only if you smell really closely and pay special attention, you can smell the freesia. It's an amazing and original combo.

twlahue
twlahue

I thought that I really liked this. When I spray on myself (I am male) It smells awesome,

however, when my wife wears it something about it smells musty- not in a good way

blah!

0coco0
0coco0

this is a beautiful amber scent. I tried it after some fragrantica recommendations (thanks people!). Its a gorgeous straightforward amber with a natural non-synthetic slightly vanillary sweetness. On me I find it lacks a bit of depth/complexity that I generally look for in a perfume, but having said that I find it refreshing to have something simple in my collection that I wont get bored with.

Some people have noted a similarity with l'occitane eau d'Iparie...If you like both these scents then try layering them - it takes the warm sweet amberyness to another level, transforming it from an autumn hug to something wintery, spicy, 'eastern' and mysterious. Because this perfume smells so natural it would work well with other perfumes too to give them an oriental edge.

suhaesa
suhaesa

amber...there is nothing that compares to amber as a base..its one of the most sensual.. deep.. smoky.. velvety.. true scents.. warm ..sophisticated..rich..full round..endless.. passionate. strong ..long lasting..
its one of the oldest aromas known to mankind..its a basic instinct..earthy.. oriental.. spicy .. powdery.. balmy.. almost heavenly..
its definitely a winter perfume..
oriental.. Arabs, middle eastern, hispanics, mediterranean, sub Saharan people will fall head over heels for this.. its part of their heritage and history and culture i think its deeply embedded in their roots..
there is something serene about it..it almost melts in to your being..and transfuses with your blood stream.. its a relaxing scent.. if you are looking for energy that's not for you..it has vanilla ,some resins labdanum.. tanoka beans..woody powdery and a hint of mild sweetness yet i consider it as a dry powdery oriental..its a harsh scent an acquired scent..

rating 4.5 out 5

Dear 'lucinda crewe'
This is what the bottle says
"A true Mediterranean fragrance. When the sun is slowly setting above the Mediterranean shore, cistus plants fill the air with their delicious ambered perfume. Distilled by perfumers from Grasse, France, these shrubs release a resin with an intense amber aroma - providing strength and sensuality to every fragrance. Amber Eau de Toilette is a captivating Oriental fragrance which marries the sweetness of vanilla with a bouquet of bergamot, freesia and cedar. "

Gasse is a place in France; Hence "from Grasse, France"
Labdanum may smell funky to some but mixed with so much Tonka and vanilla it comes out Magical in 'Amber' :)
All though Helichrysum does sound interesting its smell is described as burnt sugar and ham. it is also known as stinking plant, curry plant, or Licorice Plant. The burnt sugar sounds plausible but I don't think that this is what they meant in the description.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I was pleasantly surprised when this woody-sweet amber fragrance appeared on the shelves of my local L’Occitane recently. It opens with a pleasantly-pungent woody scent…rather like the scent of saw dust. It develops into a warm, slightly-sweet, intoxicating cloud of woody resins. This is one of those wonderful amber scents that seems to go perfectly with crackling bonfires, frost-lined autumn leaves, thick woolly scarves, spiced apple cider, and all other things warm and cozy that I associate with fall. In sum, this is a very autumnal amber fragrance…warm, cuddly, and a bit smoky and honeyed. The mixture of amber, cedar, labdanum and tonka is lovely. Unisex in my opinion.

It’s not especially heavy, and despite all the resins there is also something herbal and fresh running through it. Even a slightly floral tone. I don't get anything medicinal at any point in the development of this fragrance. It's soft, but still has a warm, clear presence. It’s light enough that I can see wearing it as summer fades into autumn, and also in crisper spring weather.

This was a great deal, especially in comparison to most of L'Occitane's fragrances - well worth the $50 I spent on a 2.5 oz bottle. Surprisingly, this EDT has much better staying power and sillage than any of the EDPs I have tested from L’Occitane.

Amber has displaced Labdanum de Seville as my favorite from L’Occitane. I actually find the two quite similar, but I prefer Amber. It takes the warmth of the resins in Labdanum de Seville and amplifies them...making them warmer, richer, and more interesting. The staying power and sillage also far outperform Labdanum.

lucinda crewe
lucinda crewe

This parefume is gorgeous. i love it.
It is deep and sexy but not overpowering, or complicated in any way.
I love to ware it out to a resteraut as it opens up my apetite and out with friends as i get many compliments of people, and also to bed.
I also love to spritz myself with it after a relaxing bath or if i have had a stresed day.
The scent lasts om my clothes for 3 days. for the money this one is a must. it lasts forever. I love, love, love it!
This parefume smells like Amber and vanilla mixed with helichrysum absolute with a toutch of woods and powder. Although it says cistus on the bottle there is only a very slight toutch of it in the parefume as cistus is a pretty funky smell and not likeable at all. The bottle also says distilled from "grasse" which is the mediteranian nickname for helichrysum.

belladonna'sbliss

I purchased this years ago, and have only recently revisited it. I have some pretty heavy ambers in my collection. Ambre precieux, L Artisan L Ambre, strip...; just when I was going to put this one on the lighter side of the sweet amber ylang ylang it occured to me. this really doesn't smell very much of amber at all. Then I seen what I was looking for that was on the tip of my tongue. Right on the side of the box it says
"Above the Mediterranean, Cistus plants fill the air with their delicious ambered and balsamic perfume... these shrubs release a resin with an intense amber aroma. providing strength and sensuality to any fragrance."(Cistus is Labdanum!)

Just when I purchased Labdanum de seville; I tested these two out on either wrist and the Ambre blew the Seville away. Not just in strength but in the intense Labdanum note that this fragrance (according the the box)is centered around. Now I still love my L'Occitane Labdanum de seville, it presents a little more spice and woody undertones. The labdanum here is however exceptional. certainly boistered by the tonka and some vanilla. My nose must have come a long way in a few years because this perfume just took on a whole new dimension. Now easily taking center stage in my Labdanum favorites. Just sprayed on Essence Labdanum by Donna Karen for reference. and yes while they tend to take this note to a beautiful woody glade enhancing the character with notes like leather and incense. labdanum is more of a sweet resinus aroma played beautifully by L'Occitane Ambre. Which is a key example of an amber perfume played by other notes to mimic a resinous aroma; completely different from ambergis. keeping to the true nature of this deceptively rich shrub does indeed make this my number one Labdanum perfume.

Rice-Kitten

Just want to thank amelie who informed me that this product is back in L'Occitane stores! I just checked the UK website and it's £35 for 75ml EDT.

Yes. I have the biggest smile on my face right now :D

Rice-Kitten

This was by far the most amazing amber scent I have ever smelt. The lasting power was incredible and would still be on my clothes for days after just one spray.

On skin, this amber smelt divine - many times I would be caught sniffing my wrist every 2 seconds down Oxford Street with a content smile on my face (and looking like a mad woman in the process)

Imagine this: sitting by a roaring fireplace with your hands clasped around a hot drink on Christmas Eve, with the snow falling and building outside. This is exactly what Amber conjures up.

Warm. Comforting and intoxicating is how I would describe this.

I was genuinely heartbroken when they discontinued it :( I really hope L'Occitane brings this back one day, even if it's just for the Christmas period.

gdowbysz
gdowbysz

Absolutely intoxicating. I have never smelled anything quite like L'Occitane's Amber. This is a scent that revs up my imagination and my emotions - I'm taken back to 18th c. France, to a parfumerie on a collapsing bridge, nosing around the shelves of exotics and resins in glass bottles (Patrick Süskind's novel 'Perfume'). Alternately, I'm transported to an opium den; a library with velvet drapes and sherry in decanters; an ancient garden surrounded by marble walls, with lemon trees and potted freesia. It's sensual, calming and seductive... and it puts me in a great mood! Not for everyone, but those who enjoy heady scents will be hooked. 9/10.

laantjebanaantje

So I've finally tested it and it's the most beautiful, soft, cuddly fragrance.
Perfect for late autumn and winterdays. It's a little bit sweet, but only a tiny tiny bit. But it's so warm. It's like sitting in front of a fireplace with the fire crackling happily away. Ofcourse, you do not get the scent of the fireplace.
It's very present, but not in an annoying way, just allways there, waiting to give you a hug.
It's just so cozy. It does not expect you to be glamorous or tough or chique or sexy or anything like that. It's very down to earth. A fragrance that envelops you and sooths you. A real "mom's fragrance" (though my mom wouldn't like it as much as I do).

L'Occitane, I think you should leave those fresh, floral fragrances for what they are and concentrate on making more natural beauties like Ambre and L'eau de Baux. Oh, and bring back the entire Thé-range!

aqua76239
aqua76239

This is beautiful warm sweet ambery scent. I agree with one of the reviewers comparing it to Amber Romance from VS. Another one this is reminded me off is Sensual Amber from BBW. It has great lasting power and siliage so this one is a winner. It smells beautiful

ericrico
ericrico

Exceptional and true to form. How is this not an EDP??? As previously mentioned, there is more going on here - while Amber is the dominant note from initial spray.

As per L'Occitane's site (mentioned below), I bought this for my wife and had to sneak a small spray on the back of my hand:

Top:

Base:
- Amber
- Vanilla
- Cedarwood

I get a crisp, fresh top note (a squeeze of citrus and a touch of white floral) - but Labdanum is right there with the Tonka Bean within a few minutes. This warms up so smoothly and beautifully. The base integrates seemlessly with a touch of nice vanilla and I caught the very nice note of Cedarwood (slightly dusty but a great touch) at about 20-30 minutes in. "Look" for it! About 45 minutes in, the amber shines through with sultry and head-turning sex-appeal. This now becomes a gorgeous essence - pure 'scent' that is wonderfully fragrant (versus an intricate, concocted "fragrance"). I love complexity but I also admire simplicity and sheer beauty in a composition like this. Mesmerizing beauty to behold.

Funny - I wore Annick Goutal's Ambre Fetiche last night and I got to sneak a bit of this today. I'm not going to say which I like better. This one goes to my wife with love (I cannot wait to be intimate with her while she wears this on her olive skin), but I may borrow a spray (or two) along the way once in a while and blend it into some incense-laden scents and very woody ones to give them warmth and depth. It will be my guilty little pleasure...

It's just that good. Thank you L'Occitane for bringing this back. 9+/10! Highly recommended.

Purely for information.
The site of L'Occitane says that the following are the real notes:

Top:

Base:
- Amber
- Vanilla
- Cedarwood

This seems like something I'd love, so I'll be testing this soon.

This was more sharp wood than amber on me, so disappointing. The L'Occitane Amber room scent was a stronger more buttery amber than this one. I ended up scrubbing this off.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Finally found this one is L'Occitane today on sale so rushed to try it.
The opening is soft and sweet, but then it becomes extremely medicinal. As it gets into the dry down it becomes creamy and powdery and sweet, divine really. But the medicinal quality is far too prevalent and for too long to tempt me to buy. Deeply surprised that there are no more notes listed with how this develops on the skin.

eilismaireg

Went to L'Occitane today to get a bottle of this (used to be £13 for 30ml - great!!) Now it's gone and everything has gone up in price by another £20 - what a disappointment!!!

Αλεξάνδρα
Αλεξάνδρα

Great news for all you Ambre lovers; this perfume will be re-launched sometime in Spring 2012- just contacted L'Occitane!

Ana Pavao
Ana Pavao

Perfect amber, loved the warm and comfortable feeling for fall and winter! Unfortunately discontinued. Shame on you L'Occitane!

JeniP
JeniP

I love this one. It's long-lasting, warm and quite masculine, so broadcasts a sense of confidence. A friend said to me once, when I was wearing it, 'Ooh, that smells expensive', but it wasn't! Shame it's no longer available.

mika71
mika71

I do miss this one. It wasn't a sophisticated amber, but it was a respectable amber, with just a hint of vanilla. Great longevity.

L'Occitane has a knack for discontinuing their best scents, and now all of their new scents just seem like flaccid flower water. Boo.

I liked this quite enough, but never loved. I much prefer L'Artisan L'Eau d'Ambre and only sometimes Reminiscence Ambre, but L'Occitane Ambre is a nice one, maybe simpler not so sophisticated, a little domestic, not pouring flows of astonishing real ambergris and actually quite powdery vanillic. It is good smelling and lasting. Or should I say it was? I entered a L'Occitane shop a few days ago and they told me it is discontinued. No more Ambre.

guest_moi
guest_moi

"Sexy" is certainly in the eye of the beholder. To me personally this is comfort and indulgence. L'occitane Amber is an ambery vanilla, soft and comforting, sweet but not sickly. Choose this if you're looking for a dark vanilla, rather than dark amber if you know what I mean. Nevertheless, it's an autumn goodie for me. :)

melia
melia

I don't know, everybody talks about some sexy and warm perfume here.. I don't know which one they're talking about! I was in the shop today and sprayed it on a paper and it appealed so soapy to me. Real amber-soap. And the first time when I tested this, it was on the skin... It was somewhat warmer and less piercing, though both times, I didn't find it sexy actually.

scentous
scentous

best amber scent, even better than prada amber..pure amber, soft warm but long lasting with a good sillage even it is an edt..sweet but not cloyingly, you like yourself in it, you like people wearing it, an optimistic perfume evoking happy feelings inside..I think galbanum avoids being oversweet..antique design of the bottle is very very nice..

Rich, spicy, faintly powdery vanilla amber. This one is nearly edible. Lovely.

lilme
lilme

It is ambre in heaven, romantically sexy, sinfully abundant with wild notes of herbs, musky tones, flowers, woodies and the essences of the earth. It satisfies a hunger you knew not you had, as you embrace its initial salute to your nasal passages. As you continue to breathe it in, you indulge in thoughts; mine began to make me feel sexy, wild and passionate -it promised me exctasy.
This is the one you wear when you want more than just one night of romance, more than a touch of love; this one calls forth the wildness in you to take measure and risk the sensuality of the dusk. It is irrefutably challenging at each stage of its olfactory assault from freshly sprayed to lingering morning after. The fragrance you savour with someone special. Never wear it alone.

octobersun
octobersun

This one is realy, realy sensual, merges with skin beautifully.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Ambre is reminiscent on coming back home after long trip. Idle afternoon in front of the fire place, eating chocolate cookies. Watching family black and white records from your childhood. You are driving first bicycle down the street, and your brother shouts on plastic dolls in backyard. You nestle on the floor next to mothers feet. Not in the black and white tape record, now, in grown desolated today.

If you like Gucci EDP or Dior Homme you should give this a try. Ambre is unisex, warm, long lasting perfume, preferably warn in winter time. Although I find it comfortable and appealing, think it would be too much for day after day wearing.

Carnelian
Carnelian

Now that my nose has been seasoned a bit & has smelled a few other ambers, I gave this another go. This IS a sweet amber, not vanilla candy-sweet, more the sweet of rich(unsmoked)pipe tobacco. This is on the rich, sweet, spicy & woody spectrum of ambers. Just a hint of earthy resin, NOT a fresh herbal green. It's warm, long-lasting, and well-blended. Another review said it's a bit boozy, and I agree byt not cheap, more a rich, well-aged brandy kind of boozy. Nothing synthetic or chemical-smelling to it, which is such a pleasure compared to so many mainstream frags. So, SO glad I hung on to it.

eilismaireg

Lovely, cheap and sexy amber perfect for your handbag. One of the only perfumes I've used every scrap of.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

This bottle isn't just a clever play on an old-fashioned cologne bottle shape. The bottle itself is pretty smart. It knows what it's doing. Both times when I sprayed (on paper strip, and then on myself) the tester bottle gave me just a little bit. And this is all that is needed.

A little bit went truly a long way for me. This is not a type of scent that enters the room while you're only thinking about entering. Not that I want that effect. I'd much rather come closer to someone and let them whiff the scent and start trying to get closer to me to smell it again and to figure out its mystery.

It's amber, dark amber, and some spices. I'm positive I smell a touch cloves in it, elusive and not annoying at all, some cinnamon, and some sandalwood. There's no sweet notes in it, yet there is warmth.

If I were to live in my own perfect amber bubble, I'd need two scents only - the Sensuous Amber for daytime and this one for nights. The Sensuous Amber is light and slightly fruity, it is like an EDT (which it is). The L'Occitane's Amber is an EDT as well, but it stays and smells like an EDP would. I sprayed it in the morning and I smelled it all day as well as a little bit into the night. And it even stayed on my coat potently enough to give me a new application, so I am enjoying the shadow of this gorgeous scent again. Ooohhh, my amber bubble...

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

This is amber at its best! Very similar to Gaultier 2 but more on the feminine side. The drydown is powdery and sweet and envelops you like a cosy cashmere pullover. Amber scents always evoke pictures of a fireplace and amaretto in my head and so does Amber - I find it very cosy and comforting. A must-try for all lovers of warm and earthy amber scents.

allexa27
allexa27

This is a very special amber scent.Extremely warm,,sexy,seductive.It has something in it that reminds of Dior`s Addict on my skin+warm amber.It is very long lastin,perfect for cold days and nights.I feel very very self-confident wearing it.It is for real amber lovers :)

sabsoob
sabsoob

one of my favorite ambers. amazing lasting power, warm and its sweetness is really non-cloying. just don't spray too much! i love it and will wear it in the winter.

amelie
amelie

Ambre just smells like the earth and sun, so warm, intimate and completely blended with the skin, but there is no freshness in it.Although there is no vanilla in part, to me smells like a combination of amber, sandalwood and vanilla. If you love oriental scents you can't go wrong with Ambre, it's lasting and doesn't lose it softness to the end... perhaps even sexy because it gives the impression that it was the smell of your skin.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Great fragrance,its so calming and warm.I have recently found out that i love amber,and i adore this..its very similair to bvlgari black,another one i love very much.But this one is even better.

Luciana
Luciana

buen perfume, no es para salidas especiales, es mas para todos los dias, pero el unico problema es que es muy caro!!!

Nuppu
Nuppu

Comfortable, warm amber.

chance25
chance25

mmmmmm, Amber. But that's pretty much it. One squirt and it was there the rest of the day. The EDT is somewhat oily. It's a very sweet, mild Amber very close to VS Amber Romance. I might want to have a FB down the road. Still on the fence on this one. I like Mac's MV3's take on amber. A little sexier and more depth. UPDATE- Love this, addicting scent. It has a warm maple syrup, spicy-woodiness to it. The dry down is powdery sweet still smelling slightly of a wooden box. Love it more than MAC mv3 which is too leathery now.

Marianne
Marianne

I really like it...pure, strong amber. It reminds me of Gaultier2.

Ambre by L`Occitane en Provence 4.38 out of 5 based on 472 ratings and 87 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Occitane en Provence Ambre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about L`Occitane en Provence Ambre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ambre by L`Occitane en Provence. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ambre by L`Occitane en Provence represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.