Designers » L » Oriental « Groups

Eau de Vanilliers L`Occitane en Provence for women

Eau de Vanilliers L`Occitane en Provence for women
dislike

Eau de Vanilliers by L`Occitane en Provence is a Oriental fragrance for women. Eau de Vanilliers was launched in 2004. The fragrance features amber, musk, freesia, vanilla, jasmine, ylang-ylang and orchid.

Amber Musk Freesia Vanilla Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Orchid

Eau de Vanilliers Fragrance Reviews

nexangelus
nexangelus

This grew on me. I found it quite scratchy at first, like Van Cleef & Arpel's Orchidee Vanille. Something in them both catches in the back of my throat. This not so much, OV makes me cough...anyway...a grower. Opening quite harsh, sweet, boozy and loud. Drydown - the most gorgeous, subtle but still noticeable woody, floral, powdered vanilla. On its own it is like you have dusted yourself with vanilla infused icing sugar. I am sure this will layer beautifully with a lot of things that need a touch of sweetened powder. The amber is there in the drydown and it is definitely related to the Ambre in this range.

LisaandtheWord

I thought I liked it, a nice grown up vanilla w some floral.. but when I wear it I wish I had put on Trouble instead.. I like the foxglove in Trouble's touch of floral, plus it's brighter w a touch of lemony citrus.

my2scentsworth
my2scentsworth

Before anything else - this is not a personal review. This is the story of the perfume printed on the back of the box. This perfume is from L'Occitane en Provence's "The Fragrance Merchant (Le Marchand d'Odeurs)" collection, it consists of 10 fragrances (3xEDPs & 7EDTs).

"Eau des Vanilliers" Eau de Toilette
VANILLA, supreme delicacy of an orchid pod

As soon as she was introduced in Grasse, vanilla profoundly shattered the perfumery universe - to such extent her fragrance added sensuality to an entirely new generation of perfumes.

The vanilla fragrance was born from the Vanillier, an orchid cultivated far from her home country. Harvesting vanilla require man's tender patience - allowing the precious vanilla pods to reach maturity. It is at this stage when they give off an aroma of absolute delicacy.

LisaandtheWord

It smells delicious but natural, a lovely vanilla that's sweet in a floral way more than overdone foody. It has an airy & woody quality that reminds me of Vanilia. It's nice to wear on me but I think it would be very nice for men as well.

villey91
villey91

This review is for L'occitane's Vanille Vanilla since it's not listed in fragrantica. Not for the eau de vanilliers.

I love the scent, it's one of my favourite vanillas, but I don't have much to say about it. It is 99% identical with Comptoir Sud Pacifiques Vanille Passion eau de Toilette which is discontinued too but still available for a good price on the internet in different places. I have both and the scents are amazing.
Both have pure vanilla bean with some warm creamy effect. I wouldn't say it's caramelly as some say. Boozy/Spicy caramel. More like vanilla rum fudge! Little cinnamon, little pepper, little nutmeg, little caramel maybe.. just Delicious!

I wish L'occitane would bring this Vanilla back at some point. Maybe they can't afford it. Vanilla is expensive.

ejm
ejm

A wonderful, warm vanilla scent! I own an ancient little tin of the solid perfume, and I'm wearing it on days I need comforting. It has lasted for years, hopefully it will last for many more.

Hipchick40
Hipchick40

Oh my! I just received this today and it is AMAZING! It is seriously the best vanilla I have ever smelled. It is so warm and cozy but it has a little twinkle/sparkle to it too which keeps it from being to heavy. The blend is so well done, it makes it hard to separate notes. Of course, the vanilla is the most prominent but orchid and ylang-ylang must be what gives it a lighter edge too. It isn't candy girly sweet, in fact, I think it would also work very well on men. And oh would it ever be sexy on mine! I'm impressed with this so much, my regret is in not having found it earlier when it wasn't so expensive and hard to find. If you love vanilla with a twist of character, and if you find a bottle you can afford, by all means, go for it! You won't regret it.

bharrelson63
bharrelson63

One of my all time favorite fragrances, of course discontinued as well as their excellent Tilleuil fragrance. Have never found another Vanilla or Tilleuil as good. Unfortunately L'Occitane does not seem to listen to their customers and revive retired scents that are highly requested.

nitsa62
nitsa62

best vanilla ever made, im talking original one before reformulation, shame on them for ruining this caramel vanilla beauty

Kiri-M
Kiri-M

I've had this perfume for years but mine is in a totally different looking bottle. I bought this when I was going through a vanilla phase. Out of all of them this has the most comforting yet elegant smell. I wear this very rearly on summery evenings or when I'm going to bed. I want to keep this bottle for as long as I can.

vanillablossom

Update: today I went into L'occitane and happened to try a Shea cream - the Vanilla bouquet ultra soft cream (in yellow tin) smells exactly like my beloved and discontinued Eau de Vanilliers fragrance! I'm going to buy several... Hopefully one day the scent will be available again

mignetarchanaa
mignetarchanaa

This Is the best ever perfume any lady Can own and now That l'occitane Is discontinued its a treasure to own one. Would love to have It back in the market if s the best at any given Day. I miss It So Much. The only bottle i have Is my best and now i use It very less as i round some other vanilla perfume from France only So trying not to finish This for as long as possible and use other to compensate my l'occitane vanillé. Love and miss You So Much.

elenaki62
elenaki62

hi, could anyone plz tell me where I could find the original vanilla from L'occitane I miss it so much, the best vanilla ever made, smelled like caramel sooo good, plz let me know
I have tested a lotta vanillas and never found anything to smell at all like it, it was original and the very best

neurolepsia
neurolepsia

An ex boyfriend gave this to me as a gift... I am so sad it was discontinued, it was perfection.

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

I'm so unhappy that they discontinued this. The only perfume I found similar to this is dior hypnotic poison eau sensuelle. It must be the orchid note that makes them alike. They are both grown up vanillas, not sugary and girly.

blogvillagebeaute
blogvillagebeaute

Uma baunilha deliciosamente floral, sem apelo gourmand. Lamento não encontrar mais à venda.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

By far, the BEST vanilla perfume ever!!!! I love the subtle mix of florals and musk that round out and add tremendous depth and complexity to this fragrance without taking away from the vanilla aspect. I have been cherishing my second bottle since I found out it was discontinued:( I do hope that L'Occitane re launches this absolute gem!

fatherseyes6
fatherseyes6

Ladies just added a bottle of this to my auctions on ebay for a very reasonable price go check it ends this weekend. L'Occitane vanilliers retired in 2004. It is exactly as you all describe in your posts. Very distinct vanilla scent. Gorgeous smell.

rancit
rancit

i love this scent..sweet but not so strong..it will made your day full of smile..vanilla mixed with musk..so relaxing!!! i will purchased it again and again for sure..i love it!

lalig
lalig

the only vanilla i have ever loved.

vanillablossom

i loved this, but even more beautiful is the solid perfume version - my little tin is 1/3 full and sooooo precious! guys go crazy about it, a little dab behind my ears and they are all like "why do you smell so good?!"

L'Occitane needs to bring this back, seriously, no other vanilla scent compares

To Mariana :

Dear Mariana,

I thank you a lot for taking the time to answer me.

Howewer, what I'm actually searching is not a fragrance that smells like "L'Eau des Vanilliers" but a fragrance that smells like L'Occitane's original "Vanilla", a confectionery one.

Be that as it may, your suggestion must be very shrwed : I know "Organza" and I have the same feelings about it that I have about "Eau des Vanilliers", that is to say that they are the floral notes tend to disturb the oriental base and its vanilla notes.
"Organza" remains howewer a very good fragrance but I prefer its sister "Organza Indécence", which is a dreamy vanilla-cinnamon scent !

Thanking you again for having answered me ! :-)

ANGELICA07

Being in search of my HG pure vanilla (the sweetest, the most sugary, the most confectionery, the "cookiest" one), I would really have liked to test the original L'Occitane's "Vanilla".

As it is unfortunately discontinued, could people who knew the original one please tell me which fragrance(s) come the closest ^^ to it please ?

I believe to have tested this one a few years ago but not to have been impressed by it, being too floral, not gourmand and not sugary enough for my tastes.

Thank you.

P.s. : You can answer here (I guess I am not the only one to be in search for an original-like version) or PM me if you prefer.

mystica
mystica

The orchid note blends so perfectly with vanilla in this perfume that I can say L'Occitane's Eau des Vanilliers is an orchid vanilla! Certainly unique...

Not a usual vanilla stuff, this is for a grown-up lady.

jpcresson

A scent sent from heaven!!! What a beautiful perfected blend this is. There is nothing like it. It works day and night, all year round.

mirisaba
mirisaba

Longlasting! Love to mix it with my favourite vanilla bodylotion. This one is a sophisticated vanilla scent, but not overly sweet...Warm and cosy, it interacts wonderfully with my body-chemistry

Fantastic! Very feminine

dhoakohime
dhoakohime

I am soo looking forward one bottle of this fragrance..but online the prices are like crazy..i saw a big bottle for 300 dollars, and on ebay just one big bottle for 170!! we all know l'occitane is NOT among the expensive side of the spectrum precisely...How much i hate how brands discontinue perfums!! same with guerlain...their ylang-ylang and vanille allegorie sounds so yummy...

ingeelsman
ingeelsman

I love this, a very natural vanilla scent. Very strong, but not overpowering, and keeps its scent through the day. No longer available as far as I know, but if anyone knows where I could find another bottle? Mine has very nearly run out!

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

I used to have this and everywhere I went I received at least one compliment about how good I smelled...Mind you, this was pre-Pink Sugar days...This is what I wore after I gave birth to my daughter almost seven years ago. I lost a lot of my tolerance for scents back then during the pregnancy and afterward...But I did wear Shalimar and this one...Memories. Some good, some bad. I think I gave this away last year, though.

rainbow.owl
rainbow.owl

I have long used this scent and have found it very useful for layering with other scents. it is discontinued now in the UK but I have recently tried yves rocher's vanille noir and find it to be a bit similar, the mimosa in the yves rocher adding the required floral note.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

It's amazing and wonderful. The best vanilla scent I know, could be more perfect if it hadn´t the scent of orchids is also very strong.
Anyway this perfume is so yummy, it has a vanilla so pure, faithful, true and sweet that enchants.
Fixation has been incredible and much product in the bottle.
L'Occitane no introduction, is the best brand in the world.
This perfume is my darling!

I'm not so impressed by Eau de Vanilliers. I like almost all L'Occitane and this is no exception but I find it quite flat, not complex and not so bright. I like the fact that it's not a gourmand vanilla rather a floral one. Pleasant after 10 minutes, I'm not sure it's worthy buying it.
I think I smelled the new version.

Bouquet
Bouquet

This is too cloying and powdery a vanilla for my taste.

I hope L'Occitane brings back the original "Vanille" -- so much deeper, warmer, and richer. (It's now only available as a room spray.)

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

One of my all time favorites! Intense Vanilla and so comforting. I love to wear this in the cold weather.

letestarr
letestarr

I totally love it! I love the sweet and gourmand perfumes! I use to wear this with Fresh Vanilla body cream from Bath and Body Works..or with Sugar and Spice lotion! yes, I'm the pudding woman! lol
I always get compliments when I wear these =)

Marianne
Marianne

VERY strong vanilla scent. But you can also smell a flowery side that comes from freesia, jasmine and orcid. You don't need to put on much.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Occitane en Provence Eau de Vanilliers fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Occitane en Provence Eau de Vanilliers, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Vanilliers by L`Occitane en Provence. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Vanilliers by L`Occitane en Provence represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.