Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Eau des 4 Reines L`Occitane en Provence for women

Eau des 4 Reines L`Occitane en Provence for women
dislike

Eau des 4 Reines L`Occitane en Provence for women Pictures Eau des 4 Reines L`Occitane en Provence for women Pictures Eau des 4 Reines L`Occitane en Provence for women Pictures Eau des 4 Reines L`Occitane en Provence for women Pictures

Eau des 4 Reines by L`Occitane en Provence is a Floral fragrance for women. Eau des 4 Reines was launched in 2004. The fragrance features cassis, violet, heliotrope, cedar and rose.

Cassis Violet Heliotrope Cedar Rose

Eau des 4 Reines Fragrance Reviews

my2scentsworth
my2scentsworth

Before anything else - this is not a personal review. This is the story of the perfume printed on the back of the box. This perfume is from L'Occitane en Provence's "The Fragrance Merchant (Le Marchand d'Odeurs)" collection, it consists of 10 fragrances (3xEDPs & 7EDTs).

"Eau des 4 Reines" Eau de Toilette
In Provence, the ROSE holds the secret of our legends

The story could be a legend from the Pays de Forcalquier; Provence holds many a secret of which the passer-by is often unaware. The daughters of the Count of Forcalquier were as beautiful as the roses they cherished - the Grasse rose, the Bulgarian rose, the Moroccan rose and the Turkish rose. Each one of these daughters married a king, and so it was that Marguerite, Eléonore, Sancie and Béatrix became the four Queens of Forcalquier.

Their favourite roses are blended together, concentrated in the Eau des 4 Reines - a beautifully fresh, delicate and velvety scent with muted hints of fruit.

LisaMari
LisaMari

A horrid cacophony of clashing scents all vying for attention.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

A fresh, slightly aquatic rose, like a cross between Woods of Windsor True Rose and Tommy Girl. I'm not loving the synthetic "fresh" note. It gets louder with every passing minute, and obscures the rose. Give Eau des 4 Reines a few minutes and you realize this is really just the "green" note in True Rose married to the synthetic jasmine/muguet accord of Tommy, with no actual rose materials present. Pleasant enough as a weekend spritz for a young lady, but definitely a pass for serious rose lovers.

suhaesa
suhaesa

this review is coming from someone whose so particular when it comes to roses..i cant take many florals easily unless they are perfectly blended or so simple..lately i ve been having a change of heart about rosy perfumes..
this perfume is fresh,sensuale,powdery woodsy creamy bright clean and very attractive and innocent..its an uplifting perfume..similar to paris from yves saint laurent ..a french floral..maybe british..definitely some european floral and rose perfume..can be worn in summer winter fall and autumn..day or night...
this is some of the very few florals i can use occasionally ..its not overpowering..the dry down of most rosy perfumes have this after bug spray smell to it which gives me headaches..in this case its so minimal and not so lasting ..i haven't been using it so i am not sure about the lasting power..sillage is medium .but others will notice a heavenly florally a bit swet yet dry and feminine floral bouquet fit for a bride ..not overly complicated ..simple yet intrinsic..special in its own way...

Englishrose77
Englishrose77

A very true, genuine soft rose fragrance, with a fruity undertone. It's not heavy or sweet or overwhelming, which I really like. I am also surprised by how long the scent lasts on me, given that it's only eau de toilette, and is a fairly subtle fragrance. I apply one or two sprays early in the morning before work, and can still smell the lovely soft rose scent as I get ready for bed in the evening. I love it. A really beautiful fragrance.

evilmiu
evilmiu

pure rose

Moselle
Moselle

I loved this scent and I was sorry to see it go. It had a nice warm rose scent that was perfectly gentle not overpowering or aggressive. Just lingering shyly. The bottle itself was beautiful to look at as the color rose pink disappeared day by day. I would definitely buy this again as rose scents are one of my favorites

Joan Marie Bauman
Joan Marie Bauman

A surprising rose perfume, first for its longevity, and second because the rose scent is successful, and not a poor imitation of Nature's most exquisite flower. How delightful to find the perfume unfolding, and generously amplifying its qualities in the 3-4 hours after putting it on! Ii's the first rose perfume that I have accepted, as all of the others fall short of the mark. Nice!

Kiera79
Kiera79

I usually don't like rose, but I love this. It's aquatic rose. Watery and dewy. I think of rose as old lady but this is the opposite. That said, go easy on this. It can be a bit stong.

emeraldgirl
emeraldgirl

Loved, loved, loved this. Perfect combination which on me dryed down to a sweet powdery rose fragrance. Every time I sprayed this people asked me what it was. I bought a 2nd bottle but was bitterly disappointed this one bore no relation to the one I loved. I thought I'd bought the wrong scent and double checked it online and in store but it was the same as before. How can one bottle differ so much to another? I disliked the 2nd bottle so much I couldn't bear to wear it and threw it out. Each time I'm in a L'Occitane shop I keep on trying this perfume to see if I can find that elusive scent I love but no luck so far.

arnela
arnela

rose, and nothing but rose. pure vintage scent. not like old kind of lady, but scent of timless.love it.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

I purchased the eau de toilette online without having sampled it first, as I dearly love most other L'Occitane fragrances, and was bitterly disappointed. The scent was too heady for me, couldn't wait for it to wear off, and the rose mix was unpleasant. Definitely long-lasting, though--more so than many other L'Occitane eau de toilettes.

I quite like this little rose interpretation by L'Occitane. Although the rose note is dominant, it's not a soliflore. Other interesting notes that make up this fragrance's composition are, powdery violets, smooth heliotrope and musty cedarwood.

I've come to love this fragrance due to its rather subtle nature. Some rose scents tend to be overpowering, but this fragrance keeps it soft and simple. It smells feminine and fresh on the skin, with a slight Spring-like aura, which makes it suitable for those beautiful, sunny days.

Some reviewers have noted a fruity accord which tends to compliment the rose throughout. I'm not so certain that it's fruits or citruses that I smell, but more likely the crisp roses creating a somewhat tarty finish on the skin.

The heart and drydown are both clean but one-dimensional, with soft roses and slightly powdery violets on a rich cedar base. You won't be blown away by Eau de 4 Reines, but you should be pleased. The scent is certainly pleasant and refreshing.

I do enjoy wearing Eau de 4 Reines for the most part, although I must admit that occasionally I desire something a little more complex. For days when I struggle to choose what to wear, Eau de 4 Reines is a good and safe choice. The sillage and longevity are average, but definitely not disappointing. I'm happy that I've tried this one.

After long time I sniffed it again and felt the rose relief and confort again! I know this is not about true rose in it, but it still smells rosy, feminine and good smelling body, simple but not meaningless. I prefered the now gone Rose Nuit de Mai :-( but this one is also very nice and easy wearable when you just want to feel pretty, feminine and clean, but not brashy sporty! I will re-purchased FB and bathgel!

mystica
mystica

Such a soft and true rose, like the smell of a baby. Innocent and very feminine. I love, love this scent.

JToronto
JToronto

I love pure Bulgarian rose essence, which isn't easy to find. My first choice substitute is Sa Majeste la Rose (Lutens), but that is expensive and also sometimes hard to find, so this is my "every day" go to for rose. It's a little sweeter & less sophisticated, to my nose, than the Lutens, but still fresh and lovely without being too sweet. It doesn't last more than an hour or two on me, but I love that it comes in a solid perfume that I can throw in my purse, and I love that it's not too expensive, so frequent "touch ups" aren't a hardship.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Smells just like Paris by YSL.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a lovely rose perfume with a kick. The cassis in the opening is light and pretty but as it wears the cedar emerges and brings a whole new depth to it. A sophisticated rose perfume (I'm judging by the perfume solid)

HelenM
HelenM

This has to be my most favourite rose scent EVER! I love the depth of this scent - I find it full & delicious. I've spent countless pounds on scents that are nice but ultimately 'not really me'....this is the one I return to when I want to 'be myself' again! I absolutely adore it!!!

malia
malia

I red the story about this perfume, a father and his 4 daughters.. Of course i bought this fragrance. it's so lovely! Touching, sweet, innocent and amazing scent. Fresh and adorable. If you like roses -you would appreciate this one.

Jayhotaru
Jayhotaru

I've always appreciated rose for its ability to be both dewy and musky, young and classic. Its a shape shifter that easily takes on new personalities. This perfume, being stuffed to the brim with rose is no exception. I find it to be utterly unpredictable.

Some days this is powdery dried petals, some days fresh petals and citrus, and sometimes its even a peachy sort of violet. Ive never been able to quite sum up this fragrance. I love it in all its incarnations. It does seem to always have a fresh sour top note of exactly the kind i want in an everyday scent. I find myself wearing this to work on dreary days and the little whiffs of it i catch are a real pick-me-up.

L'Occitane really does an excellent job of creating unique blends from common ingredients. They never smell cheap or artificial.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

A lovely, realistic tea rose scent which is very natural and reminds me of summer gardens. I don't know if I would wear it as I don't usually wear soliflores, which this is really, but it's really nice - young and dewy

Amarilia
Amarilia

The freshest rose scent ever! Not the typical grandma, old fashioned rose, but fresh, youthful and clean! I only wish it would last longer, I need to reapply frequently during the day. I love layering with body lotion and solid perfume to enjoy this intoxicating freshness even longer. Eau des 4 Reines is an ultimate light summer holiday scent. Very comforting and relaxing to me. I like to wear it on summer mornings,and days off - just for myself, when relaxing at home, or doing gardening. Love it!

yvashche
yvashche

Nice rose scent but does not remain rosy for a long time. Not very original and has a bit of old lady in it but still worth it.

zvoncica
zvoncica

This is amazing rose scent!

Great mixture of floral notes represented with beautiful rose and cedar. So soft, well balanced and gentle. Eau de 4 Reines to me is a synonyme for genuine rose, nothing synthetic or false or sweet can be found in this one. From the first sniff came to my wanted list, and Im not a floral fan!

Although it is EDT lasts for hours and has average strength, the price is great and the bottle fairy!

This frag is surely Queen among the florals.

Miss Bloom
Miss Bloom

This is a lovely light fruity rose, perfect for day wear or as others have stated, sleep.
I have this in the Touche Parfumee so cannot vouch for the EdT but I have sampled it in the store.
To my mind they are the same fragrance.
This doesnt last long on me but the idea of the Touche Parfumee is for touch ups during the day.
Lovely, light, refreshing and sweet.

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

Nothing special , could almost be Yardleys. I find that with L'Occitaine they are not sophisticated. A good room spray too.

So I'm not the only one to wear this at bed! Yes, it's relaxing like a rose garden. It's suitable for daytime too, not too much, for making office grey air more rosy!
Roses are very well rendered here, even if probably not true roses are used. I like the fact that it's not a powdery lipstick rose and not an overly fruity one, not heavy, but not weak either. It's just a well-being complex balanced rose lady scent. I like it better than the new Rose Nuit de Mai which has a colder smell, I would say introvert, while Eau des 4 Reines is more extroverted. Anyway, anything rose is mine!

Zaleska
Zaleska

Like nikornplay, I wear it before going to bed, and it's very relaxing!
Yes, it's romantic, retro, "old lady", everything I love!

This is a nice rose perfume that doesn't smell like every other rose perfume. A little bit is nice and has a romantic, feminine scent, but beware more than a spray. My boyfriend said I smelled like an old lady (not exactly what I wanted to hear!)

nikornplay
nikornplay

re claim you to the relaxation.it's not a rosy rose but roses plus fresh green scent.
I love to wear this before I go to bed.it,s make me have a good sleep.

for the day time,It feel like I have my little secret .putting little amount of rose to my work places that is nice.

ophelia
ophelia

Fruity rose, authentic and rather retro - it leads you to fairy worlds & times... :)

Marianne
Marianne

A crystal clear, light rose scent. This kind of rose I like best because it smells so true.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Occitane en Provence Eau des 4 Reines fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Occitane en Provence Eau des 4 Reines, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau des 4 Reines by L`Occitane en Provence. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau des 4 Reines by L`Occitane en Provence represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.