Designers » L » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau du Badian L`Occitane en Provence for men

Eau du Badian L`Occitane en Provence for men
dislike

Eau du Badian by L`Occitane en Provence is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Eau du Badian was launched in 1999. Top notes are grapefruit, basil and cassis; middle notes are star anise, coriander and fig; base notes are mate and sage.

Grapefruit Basil Cassis

Star Anise Coriander Fig

Mate Sage

What About Adam

Eau du Badian Fragrance Reviews

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Every day after my daily run I take a shower and this is the cologne I wear. It smells clean and fresh. I especially like the anise and grapefruit. It relaxes me.

Greg1965
Greg1965

A while ago I blind purchased "Eau des Baux L`Occitane en Provence for men" and I was very satisfied. Reading the comments on "Eau du Badian L`Occitane en Provence for men" I though I would never smell it as at one point I read it was dicontinued. Per accident I walked by an L'Occitane store and they sold Eau du Badian and ........... yes...... blind bought it even though I was in the store and had a chance to test. But if I test I also want the time to let it "settle in" which I didn't have. I sprayed it on and got the chance to smell it while driving so enough time to let it settle in. This is a very nice fragrance and this morning, out of precaution, I sprayed 2 times as citrusscents often have not the longest longevity. I'm realy enjoying this scent and I think it's not one that other people will be anoyed by if you wear it. Still need to decide if I realy need the 2 spritzes.....

Bandit
Bandit

HEAT WAVE!

We have a small little, but extremely (<- for a German anyways, lol) hot heat wave in Germany right now, and this is the most phantastic time of the year to test perfumes out to get their real potential. I had Eau du Badian in mind for that weather in particular, because I could imagine it blossom out like a precious flower in heat. I didn't really care for it in normal weather, the anis and tea note were too overpowering for me and somehow it felt "waxy".

Now in heat the anis cools you down a little, the drydown gets sweet and spicy and the perfume is pure heaven. Spice and fruit at it's best! No cloying smell, just a natural and still fresh smell. You really should check it out in your regional heat wave.

I'm female, by the way.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Super fresh and a little spicy because of the anise which is the strongest note other than the grapefruit. I get a lot of sage in the drydown I actually enjoy the herbalness (lol not sure if thats really a word >.<) of the drydown. Its a great fragrance amazing for a hot muggy day. It has a lot of sillage when you first put it on but within a half hour it calms down and does not project as much. This has a lot of lasting power on my skin 6-7+.

Even though this is for guys it actually works for me. When I tried it on at the L'occitane shop one of the sales associates whose, opinion I trust told me it smelled on better on than most of the girls who try it on and that the anise note was the most prominent note on my skin. Haha she didn't have to tell me that because I really liked it from the first moment I tired it on.

I'm glad I was able to get this while it was still available, because it will be great in really hot weather.

scottiedoo
scottiedoo

The scent is excellent however doesn't project very well and 2 hours on my skin I could barely smell it which is a shame. Might be a good summer work fragrance as hardly anyone will notice.

K1
K1

Badian is a serious challenger for most of Italian Mediterranean perfumes. A modest yet astonishing citric dry fragrances which shows its hidden sides in warm weather.
The opening is highly considerable, it opens so great spicy and light smoky with star anise and leaves. After about 30 mins it turns to fresh citric tone with sour herbal scents just like many citrus aromatics but in a dry spicy way.

saguna
saguna

I have a little bit used bottle for swap. Only UK, London, the best.

muffinman
muffinman

Opens with strong citrus. After few seconds Anise starts to come out, and for about 1-2 hours it's almost too strong. The basenote is grapefruit + mint. The basenote is very refreshing, but the opening is a bit too strong for me.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

@Pinja....if you go to any L'Occitane shop you just might be able to grab a bottle as it just got re released and is even on offer-to clear shelves!!!

Pinja
Pinja

Once again, L'Occitane has discontinued one of their best fragrances. This was a lovely, lovely cologne. The showergel was heavenly: soft, very anisic and very luxurious.
What a shame it's gone.

redenergize
redenergize

it's so fresh and i like this scent.This is suitable for use in the hot weather.

Mostly what I get is citrus with some anise in the background. There's a dry quality too, which I'm guessing is the sage. What I like about it is that there's no metallic quality that I often find in citrus dominant fragrances, and it has a softness that is uncommon. I'm not a fan of these kinds of fragrances, and it is a simple one (I prefer complex ones) but it's certainly very good for what it is, with good (if not better) longevity and projection/"sillage."

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

It's special, unique n attractive. I often get compliment from wearing this..:p altough is not one of my top 3 , but it's recommended for night time :)

zoka
zoka

Umm it is fantastic I want it for vacation! It is so Mediterranean and reminds on sea, long walks beside sea or in close countryside. It is quite strong, I test it 5-6 hours ago and I still can feel it very clearly on my skin.

Eau du Badian by L`Occitane en Provence 4.28 out of 5 based on 72 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Occitane en Provence Eau du Badian fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about L`Occitane en Provence Eau du Badian, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau du Badian by L`Occitane en Provence. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau du Badian by L`Occitane en Provence represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.