Designers » L » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

L'Occitan Eau de Toilette L`Occitane en Provence for men

L'Occitan Eau de Toilette L`Occitane en Provence for men
dislike

L'Occitan Eau de Toilette by L`Occitane en Provence is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. L'Occitan Eau de Toilette was launched in 2005. Top notes are black pepper and lavender; middle notes are nutmeg and cinnamon; base notes are tonka bean, musk and woodsy notes.

Black Pepper Lavender

Nutmeg Cinnamon

Tonka Bean Musk Woodsy Notes

Antiheros

L'Occitan Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

4trl0ver
4trl0ver

This is one of the best go to bed fragrance, gives me tight and nice sleep. must be the lavender!

LadyIva
LadyIva

I was sniffing some EDTs for men at L'Occitane store to buy something for my husband for our wedding anniversary, and this one stood out. I loooove spicy scents, and here the black pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon notes are beautifully offset by the lavender, while the drydown is pleasantly musky. A true winner. I think I'm gonna be borrowing it from the hubby quite often!

carlsx
carlsx

Use this as a base for a lavender fragrance and it will be recognised by everyone. I paired with Lavender Palm by Tom Ford and got lots of compliments. Wonderful lavender fragrance.

Aelien
Aelien

This smells phenomenal. It's a very fresh lavender with a noticable black pepper note. Very clean, very natural. I think it's best for summer, it's so refreshing, there are no words for it. Don't imagine this as a dated lavender smell. Actually, this will be most natural lavender you have ever smelled.
In a world of aquatic-lemony crap fragrances, this is an absolute winner. It lasts quite a while, about 6-7 hours. Projection is moderate, just enough. Sprayer is pretty bad though, mine is broken already.
Absolutely recommended, very high quality perfume.

gedaias
gedaias

The most natural perfume I ever use! So fresh, so natural!

EternalReturn
EternalReturn

Tested this yesterday. Aromatic and somewhat spicy opening, with lavender and pepper especially evident. As it dried down I could have sworn there was neroli and a touch of oakmoss, giving it a bit of a classic masculine fragrance kind of vibe. Especially as it dries down, to my nose it smells like what a very expensive soap might smell like. Overall, a fresh, aromatic and soapy clean smell with a classic masculine vibe. I could see this working especially well as a post-shower, pre-bedtime kind of fragrance -- calming lavender plus that soapy clean feeling to carry you into sleep and beyond.

Projection was hard to gauge. I occasionally got whiffs from my arms, while my wife said she had no problem smelling it while standing next to me, but it would also disappear from time to time. I suspect it is one of those that others smell more readily than the wearer. Overall longevity seemed quite good, although the prominent lavender only lasted at most 2 hours, becoming more subtly blended after that.

RobbieX

One of my very favourite fragrances ever! Beautiful lavender, peppery notes and woods working together in pure harmony. Exquisite smell.

Treb74
Treb74

One of the better fragrances out there for men. I get a big blast of lavender, some pepper in the background and something like cedar in the middle. One thing I like about it is that it smells natural and interesting. I can't say that it smells like a generic department store fragrance, which is great. To me, it projects a laid back, artistic sort of vibe - the lavender is definitely calming! I'm not a huge fan of lavender so I find it a little bit too much for me. But I keep it around for when if like something that matches a plaid flannel shirt.

Trancentral
Trancentral

Great Smell! But it sadly seems to be reformulated!! I just received the bottle (17-03-2016) and it really really lacks in terms of performance and longevity. I would say i get like 30min. of staying power? So be aware of this when you blind buy it!!!

lee99
lee99

Oh Boy do I love this! I love the lavender pepper mix and as someone stated it smells a little like Burberry Touch which I also love. Sillage and longevity is very good on me.

Anacrusis
Anacrusis

Brilliant! Easily one of my favorite fragrances ever. Lavender and Pepper is an inspired combination, Its an uplifting masculine fragrance when worn on your clothing, the pepper playing an equal role for about four hours until it starts to dry down.

When used as a skin scent, the pepper drys down somewhat more quickly leaving a softer lavender defined by some spicy woody accords.

Everyone should have a bottle of this in their collection! Its really beautiful!

While characteristics like longevity and silage may be quantifiable, their values do not necessarily attest to the quality of a product. Some colognes are better left close to the skin, some so strong that discretion is the better part of valor. Had I not given L'Occitan a second chance as a clothing scent, I would have never purchased it, and lost out on one of the best colognes in my collection. Manufacturers take note: A little guidance might be in order.

Luna_J
Luna_J

This seems rather simple but is actually very well constructed. The Hesperidic top notes (a nice bergamot overlapping with the initial burst of lavender, both very natural-smelling) offer a fresh eau-de-cologne opening that quickly transitions as an unlisted but very prominent and durable anise note that adds richness and a distinct Barbasol shaving cream reference to the lavender-rich heart.

I'd never noticed the anise until after sampling Azzaro, but now I get the barbershop connection... This is supported by flinty, prickly pepper, a fuzzy-nutty-smoky vanillic nutmeg/tonka/cedar accord and a 'burnt woods' accord that smells very much like a low level vetiver note. An oleos musk like that used in the brand's Eau des Baux and Vetyver supplies a persistent clean feel to the drydown. Discrete and fairly linear, but sufficiently complex: overall transitions are bright, fresh, warm, rich, comforting and neat (a refreshing take on the latter: more men's grooming products than laundry.) Conservative but unique and attractive. A well-balanced, grounded and soothing masculine scent that very sturdily delivers on my cliche fougere expectations - old school but not old man, trustworthy, versatile, mossy, friendly and steady.

K1
K1

Six years ago L'Occitan was my first try from the house which I clearly had fallen in love so hardly. L'Occitan is a safe aromatic fougère with conservative reference to masculine lavender-oriented barbershop fragrances. Dry, warm woodsy, fresh spicy, herbal and standard.
★★★★

smellavision
smellavision

First spray, instantly reminded me of another scent - then I remembered : this is a total clone of Prada Luna Rossa (and this one seemingly came out seven years earlier?), fortunately without the hideous pepper blast that is included in the Extreme version of LR. Also, this is cheaper in retail than the Prada, so in my option the only reason why someone should even consider buying the Prada LR is that - to me - the Prada has a tiny bit more of projection. There's still pepper, but not as much as in the Luna Rossa Extreme, which is one I rather dislike.

Opening with bergamot and pepper and slowly the lavender with some spices (I'm thinking cinnamon and some nutmeg) in the background takes over, making this a more pleasant barbershop scent. During the drydown I also get cedar hints peeping in every now and then with a bit of sweetness. Smells quite natural, this one.

Quite linear after the lavender comes through, but if you're looking for an updated kinda fougere this might be your thing.

Lionors
Lionors

I LOVE THIS. All shout caps on purpose, because I am -not- easy to please.

There have been very few colognes that have literally made me want to go grab my husband and drag him off. This is one of them, and by far the most outstanding.

It's classic, unique and masculine, although, as many have noted, I can vouch from personal experience that it smells great if you get some on you second hand. ;)

The long note is a woodsy fragrance, but I tend to think more of driftwood and the ocean type of wood, not a resinous pine. The lavender note is lovely, clean but not girly, and the black pepper notes are perfect.

It's also extremely distinctive. Sexy without being brazen, classy without being stuffy, like sex in the back of an expensive classic car. Get it, wear it, love it. It's amazing.

bbnarwhal
bbnarwhal

I gotta say, the smell of it when you spray it on is very black peppery but once it dries down, the black pepper for me dies down and what shines is the wood and lavender.

I'm in love with this scent. Wish the sillage was a bit better though.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

This fragrance is a simple peppery lavender with woody notes. The lavender used is of a high quality and smells good but the scent overall I found boring.

The longevity and projection are average, I get about five hours.

To sum up a simple good quality fragrance that could do with more notes just to make it more interesting.

RobbieX

It's a masterpiece, no question for me.

StardustHK
StardustHK

I never imagined lavender smelling this smooth and velvety. The tonka and cinnamon help to smoothen it and add warmth, yet it's a great all-season choice. It's got a calm, sensual aspect which reminds me of YSL L'Homme. Unfortunately on me it's an almost instant skin scent. With 8 hours longevity is good though.

Jucmorgo
Jucmorgo

Despite I am woman, I love this scent wearing on me. Woody, peppery, a bit sweet, a kind of 'calm, little bit mystical, a little bit autumn' feeling.

Ortega13
Ortega13

I tested it today, it was love at first smell, I just applied a small spray on my wrist and I can confirm that is a very long lasting fragance, the aroma feels so natural and the juice composition is a little oily. Very pleasant and even I get two complimets in the first 10 minutes. The way a men should smell.

SoapyScentGuy
SoapyScentGuy

This is a great scent for those like me who enjoy a good lavender scent. It stays close to the skin but lasts all day. Smells especially good on clothes.

elGonzo
elGonzo

I tested it in a L'Occitane boutique one day on paper, then came back for a skin test. It's one of the most natural smell I've ever tried, at inital spray I'd say it's like rubbing a bundle of lavender and pepper on your skin. After a few minutes some "clean" woods make their appearance giving some background to the scent. Cinnamon and nutmeg are listed but I think they're part of a whole spicy ground, because I almost get mostly just pepper.
At the drydown some sweetness appears but in all I could assure it's a linear scent. For me it's too peppery and I wish the cinnamon and the woods would take a more promiment play, giving some depth to the aroma.
Highly recommended if you're looking for a bright lavender perfume, specially for what it costs compared to what it gives (good projection and excellent longevity).

------------------------------------------------

Lo he testeado en una tienda de L'Occitane primero un día sobre el papel, luego regresé para una prueba en la piel. Es uno de los aromas más naturales que he probado, en primera instancia diría que es como frotar un manojo de lavanda y pimienta en las piel. Después de algunos minutos algunas maderas "limpias" hacen su aparición dando cierta estructura a la fragancia. La canela y la nuez moscada están listadas en los acordes, pero creo que son parte de un grupo picante del corazón, porque más que nada obtengo pimienta.
En la base cierto dulzor aparece sin embargo podría asegurar que es un perfume lineal. Para mí es demasiado "pimientoso" y me gustaría que la canela y las maderas tomaran un papel más prominente, dando cierta profundidad al aroma.
Muy recomendable si lo que buscas es un perfume de lavanda vivo y claro, especialmente por lo que cuesta en comparación con lo que otorga (buena proyección y excelente longevidad).

EnoughScents
EnoughScents

L'Occitane fragrances have quickly risen to the top of my favorites list. Performance is excellent and ingredients pure. Eau de L'Occitan has taken the place D & G Pour Homme used to fill as all season, all purpose go to.

diego.rzse
diego.rzse

It smells somewhat like Burberry Touch For Men in the beginning and Prada Infusion D'Homme.
This cologne is awesome and very underrated. Love it!

Fishcadillac
Fishcadillac

I tried this at the l'occitane store. The opening smelled fresh and clean. The dry down about an hour into it, it smelled so much like prada infusion d'homme. The projection is not as big as prada, though, but the longevity is.

SNOOPY
SNOOPY

It is probably the most natural scent i have.As usual i prefer it in the after shave balm to the bottle.Dry skin,oh well.
The fragrance itself is simple with a predominant lavender.I am sure thre are other notes but it isblended so smoothly.
This scent is appropriate to any occasion just apply accordingly.
Some may call it old school but never old man.
They were right to make this the signature scent for the brand.
I can close my eyes and picture myself in a lavender field when i need to decompress.
Easily the best reasonably priced scent i have.

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

To think this is now 10 years old. I raved about it when it launched, and I still love it now. Easy to wear, coherent, not too busy; manages to stay fresh whilst projecting pleasant woods, spices and lavender.

Hard to find criticism, really. Supposed to be a male scent; but I know someone who "borrows" this from me insisting she wears it better than I do. History may in time regard this as amongst the greatest lavender-based scents ever.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

I was over for dinner at a friend's house and spotted this in the bathroom. I had a quick whiff from the bottle and was delighted with the scent: I think it was the lavender mixed with the tonka bean to create something warm yet fresh. The effect reminded me of iris, but I wonder if I was really reminded of my Yardley Iris perfume, which is very lavender-like.

So I sneakily sprayed some on my arm and was a little embarrassed by how woody and manly it smelled, considering I am a woman. I was also worried my friend would realise I'd been trying on his perfume! But it dried down to something much more like the delicious scent I got from the bottle, which I liked.

I think I'd really like to smell this on a man, but it's not something I'd wear myself. For me it's in that family of spicy, slightly gourmand florals for men, along with Dior Homme.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

Very nice,refreshing and versatile indeed,but is it me or is this smell similar to Alfred Dunhill Dunhill for men? Smelling this one on paper strip i found that shares too many similarities with ADD. Both are great,gorgeous and upliting scents!! I will sample it on my skin for sure.

KJS88
KJS88

10 minutes into the game and I get luscious, fatty shaving cream, lavander, vetiver, pepper, but nothing particularly sharp.

I love it, and I've only just realised now that I've smelled it a few times on passers-by in public and wondered "what that awesome shaving cream cologne is?"

However, the l'Occitane house base for their men's colognes is its downfall, as with Eau des Baux and the now sadly discontinued Vetiver. It smells unfinished and unrounded, and neither projects very well nor lasts very long.

That said its not piss-weak and you do catch whiffs throughout the day, so the value for money is certainly better than something vapid like Eau Sauvage.

RobbieX

Gorgeous woody/floral juice which is smooth and mellow. High quality lavender based fragrance with great longevity. My new number 1.

leschoux
leschoux

I'm quite a fan of L'Occitane perfumes because many of them work on me (no matter whether they're for female, male or unisex) and they're usually quite affordable. Eau de L'Occitan is the second of their male perfumes that I tested and I have to say I prefer this compared to the other one I tested earlier, Eau des Baux.

L'Occitan is clean lavender with a touch of woody notes. I personally love it; it's very clean and fresh, with not much potential to turn cloying. I have particular avoidance against cloying perfumes and Eau des Baux sadly tends to turn very cloying in hot weather, but L'Occitan thankfully doesn't! It mellows down quite considerably when it dries down and it's generally quite soft, but I think it's perfect that way. Such a clean smell doesn't need to be a scent bomb--it'll ruin the cleanness.

Overall, I think L'Occitan is gorgeous and it's perfect if you can't handle the spiciness of Eau des Baux. It's kind of a safe scent, but gorgeous nonetheless. The lavender is potent but not overpowering, with the others backing it up nicely. Being a lavender lover, I'm kinda even tempted to buy it for myself. Great concoction from L'Occitane. It'll be even better if they create another lavender, this time for the girls, so I won't have to lie to the salesperson that I'm considering to buy L'Occitan for my father/boyfriend/brother/cousin/best friend.

sotto_voce
sotto_voce

I agree with Darksome, this is a real beauty next to Eau de Baux. The L'Occitane colognes for men all seem to draw from centuries-old classic blends, tried and true. This has peppery-spice mid-notes and a woody base similar to Baux, but with a gorgeously refreshing lavender topper. The top-quality lavender note asserts itself very strongly, but doesn't overtake the scent. My man started wearing this recently; he has an old-world chivalrous sensibility and a refined masculine nature, so this fougere suits him perfectly.

ianannable
ianannable

A good,pleasant lavender dominated fragrance. This doesn't play any tricks on the wearer, remaining fairly linear throughout. High quality ingredients, and blending.

Overall, this is likeable, unobtrusive and good value for money. Longevity superb. Well worth a look.

hiroyama
hiroyama

I was visitng a rather formidable aunt who likes the finer things in life and was sitting next to her when I turned and said "you smell very nice, what have you got on?" and she replied "L'Occitan Pour Homme". I told her that was what I wore! She told me that she didn't like the overly floral nature of a lot of women's perfumes and really liked this one - as do I. I have not worn it recently, but it is definitely a favourite. Lavender is certainly dominant, but is softened a little by the spices, so you never feel as though you've just marinated in it. It's fresh and crisp and intriguing. I love wearing it, especially at night.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Easily the most unappealing mens fragrance L'Occitane have produced so far.

I found the peculiar black pepper and lavender combination just too dry and harsh, as if someone had blown a cloud of pepper granuels and lavender buds in my face. Mixed with the vague sweetness of the nutmeg and cinammon it ended up reminding me of a musty gym mat and slightly sweaty feet.

Even if your brain doesn't make that connection, it's still a rather dull, lifeless scent with zero sexual appeal.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

The following review is really for my notes only, its very brief and leaves out a ton of details. Im just typing something that I remember each by. Im sure I will disrespect someones favorite fragrance too.

I really liked this one! Nice lavender and woods mix. I forgot to retest this one unfortunately.

ThiagoRRGomes
ThiagoRRGomes

When I got it, thought that it would have the same fragrance as the other products (shaving gel, shower gel and after shaving balm), but it turns out that it is not even close to them!
The fragrance is unique, but you might get easily sick of it during the day, if you don't wear like a drop or two.
Stays on for hours.
Unexpensive, but not impressive!

Okay well this one is a strange combination of pungent Lavender, deeply spiced with pepper and nutmeg. A great fragrance and although this should be right up my street I just fail to see how I could pull off wearing it.
The lavender is as accurate a lavender smell as you can get, totally natural and extremely fresh like pure lavender oil. Comparisons to Luna Rossa from Prada are obvious due to the dominance of this note along with the spicing. In my opinion though this is more traditional, medicinal and reminiscent of aromatherapy oils than the more contemporary Prada.
It's not just that though, the whole look of the bottle and branding give the impression of a old apothecary style product. As it dries down it mellows slightly but you do get a strength from this juice that is unrelenting then disappears.
I get this fragrance I really do, unfortunately as I mentioned I just couldn't wear it myself.
Very good though.

williamvargas
williamvargas

this is a nice smelling fragrance, got some of this to try and was pleasantly surprised, a very quiet but rather nice smelling fragrance. I like eau des baux a lot so this was just something I wanted to try,i think I may spring for some, I could see this working well in an office environment. nice lavender type of fragrance along the lines of aqua de lavanda by puig I think if you like caron pour home you will probably enjoy . this might be a might a bit more masculine to me. a good scent. I would not say I love it but I do think it could grow on me and I would wear this easily.
a really nice soft lavender fragrance that is a very warming and have been told inviting by women in the office..thumbs up. liking more and more, as a great scent to wear to the office.
not bad at all. wearable and smells good . sometimes on a Saturday after a stressful week this fragrance is therapy in a bottle. very soothing scent.
I would recommend sampling..
if you are looking for something lighter that is, I found it smellatherapy just something to wear when you want to smell clean, not a alpha male smell so don't expect that type. maybe for someone who is not really a cologne type person but wants to smell good to others not ground breaking by any means but a wearable scent.

LookOut
LookOut

I tried this on a paper strip, and it smelled EXACTLY like Prada Luna Rossa! Then later on I tried it on my skin, and I got confused because the scent was a lot warmer than it was on the paper strip. It ressembled Eau des Baux (also by L'Occitane En Provence) more now. And then once it dried down, it basically became a mix of both to me. So take Eau des Baux, remove the vanilla and incense to replace it with lavender, and that's pretty much what it smells like to me. The tonka bean and woodsy notes are still discernable.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I'm not a big fan of lavender, but this stuff is okay. Not at all blow-you-away good, but wearable. As others have noted, it has an old school feel to it (Guerlain Lite?) and is presentable.

Now that I think about it, it beats many of the larger, more better known house's current offerings for men. (I'm looking at you, Bvlgari, Calvin Klein and YSL.)

After a tour of L'Occitane's scents I came away concluding that the best of the lot was Eau des Baux, which is unique. But this is good.

Molko
Molko

This frag is pleasant, clean, natural, not harsh, it fuses with the skin with soft touch. I don't feel so much on my skin so hasn't a big projection, but the subtle warm lavender leads you on all day. Rather mannish than boy scent, but can be unisex too. Suits to a lazy day or to hike in the nature. This fragrance makes well-groomed impression.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

One thing about L'Occitane is that they don't have a bad fragrance in the bunch. Now do they have anything that just blows you away? Maybe not. Their fragrances sort of reminds me of Horace Grant. Nothing spectacular in his game but man you always wanted him on your team. Better than a utility player just not a hall of famer. I would call L'Occitane the poor man's Creed!

Now on this beauty. I really can't add much here. Opens with sweet lavender that is quickly accompanied by the spices of the pepper. As it moves into the heart the spiciness gets more depth or I should say character brought on by the cinnamon and nutmeg. It becomes a tinge more sweet but only in the vein of Eau Des Beaux not syrupy or thick but a nice tonka sweetness almost like a glaze or powdered sweetness.

As it completes its cycle the muskiness comes along giving it an ever slight clean aroma but combined with the spices and lavender beautifully and never becomes soapy like a lot of the white musks do.

This is well behaved but definitley not a slouch. You will have to bathe this fragrance off of you as the longevity is chart topping. If you are looking for a sharp/spicy/clean+Fresh but not run of the mill check this fragrance out.

One thing I love about this fragrance is the lack of barbershop feel that many fragrances like this lean towards. I never get that barbershop aroma for some reason. Overall this is an easy 4/5 maybe more if you factor in price, versatility and accessibility. I actually think this is better than Eau Des Beaux though not as popular.

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

This stuff is just a pure joy to wear/smell. It is a familiar lavender scent that I finally realized that I smell in my garden whenever I enter/exit the driveway. The price and formulation of choice ingredients makes this another winner that I have, and must always have, in my fragrance wardrobe. Visit one of the L' Occitan stores and have a sniff to understand what I am sensing. Smell well!

Phoenix1
Phoenix1

Well, Im a REAL man and I think this scent is fabulous...My wife loves it too...One of the most masculine lavender scents I have ever smelled. Many to me are just too femme but I pull this off very well and the pepper, woods and nutmeg really make this a MASCULINE scent if I've ever smelled one...Fresh, clean and Summer in a bottle...Its a refreshing change from the thick, syrupy, "old mannish" scents that everybody seems to salivate over such as Kilian's...Too rich for my blood. This hits the spot and will get the compliments...

Yerdan
Yerdan

Overly sweetish lavender with something which I didn't like but couldn't pinpoint. I knew I had smelled it a lot, but couldn't remember where. Then suddenly I remembered: former coworker wearing massive quantities of Bodyshop white musk.
L'Occitan is so painstakingly nice, innocent and soothing that no real man can identify with it. Not my cup.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Spicy but not as spicy as eau des baux. Also, it isn't as sweet.
I prefer this over L'Occitane's EDB. :)

The beautiful blend of tonka, lavender and pepper makes this scent both masculine and soothing, if that made sense. The pepper note is prominent, making this scent spicy but the presence of herbaceous lavender note mellows it down a little. Tonka, with its mild sweetness, also helps to rein in the spiciness of pepper. A beautiful blend, although slightly "rough".

Sillage is moderate, longevity around 4-6 hours. I think it'd do great for hotter climates like where I'm from.

I'd love to hug a guy who smells like this...mmmm.

malcner
malcner

Beautiful fragrance. Great for cooler days. So spicy, sweet, warm and comforting.
The initial blast is all pepper and lavender; spicy, fresh and comforting.
The dry down is sweet and warm with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Projection is pretty good and longevity is alright too.
This really is such a lovely, comforting scent. It has a great rawness about it which was previously mentioned and there is not a trace of anything synthetic. Very natural smelling...as you would expect from l'occitane.
This is what started my love affair with lavender fragrances. So good! I wear it all the time in winter and autumn and I love to spray it on my pillows before bed :-)
Highly recommended.

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

This fragrance I am currently wearing.

In short, this frag is a pure man's fragrance with class. Nothing harsh just a pure and clean spice that can be used really any season but, If I had to pick, definitely in the cooler temperatures ( like Spring/Fall or Winter )

You can get by in the summer but it might be a little much "spiciness" for rhe warmer weather.

A woman might sneeze heh

marmalator
marmalator

An unsolicited gift for Christmas (I had requested one of my favourite staples, Eau des Baux!) But I like it a lot. Very convincing lavender and charred wood. Discreet and natural. Longlasting. Utterly inoffensive and therefore excellent for everyday wear, e.g. at work. Great value and wonderful ingredients, like all L'Occitane fragrances. Good range of complementary products too. The bath soap is lovely.

AveParfum
AveParfum

What a beautiful men's cologne--a classic lavender, woody, herbal, musk. Thankfully not citrusy. I found it to be long-lasting with just the right amount of projection. Amazing quality for a very reasonable price and a good-sized bottle. A perfect every-day scent.

ericrico
ericrico

I've had this in my wardrobe for a while and have worn it occassionally - it is a very natural, comfort scent to me. It can be worn any time of year, day or night (and I love to layer it with the excellent After Shave balm - which is a great spicy lavender scent all by itself). Usually, I spray a couple of shots after a warm shower and just feel soothed (but love the spiciness here).

Full wearing today - 8 sprays on neck, wrists with a couple on my shirt with the After Shave Balm! This is really showing beautifully!

Reviews here that I like - LuckyStar1, mariotgomez, NebraskaLovesScent, RobbieX (always concise and great taste), K1, and frogman. All excellent and deserve kudos.

When I bought this - I knew it would be good as I have sniffed other Lavender-based products in a L'Occitane apothecary, but this far-surpassed expectations.

This is a very nice and clean scent to my nose - with just the right amount of 'kick'. The spiciness in here is the dominant, "masculine" lavender that is blended with nice, freshly-ground black pepper. A great top and one that really stays (especially with the A/S Balm!) The middle has both nutmeg and cinnamon - which adds more rich earthy 'flavours' and contributes to the slightly 'burnt' wood smell several reviewers mentioned - but there is no actual wood (read the full description at L'Occitane's site as it points this out). The tonka bean with the nice musk round-out the base notes, which are truly warm and a great base. The tonka bean adds a nice coumarin accord that, along with the warm musk, create a smoothness that lingers and allows the top and middle notes to shine.

Personally, I don't find this as a true unisex fragrance - although women love it. My wife finds it both spicy & fragrant while also a nice cozy scent. It doesn't project loudly, but is definitely adequate (again, the A/S balm really enhances the wearing). I don't think a scent like this should be too loud. This hits full stride around 20-30 minutes into wearing and has good longevity.

It is an old-school medicinal bottle full of olfactory remedy for me - ;-) ! Personally, I like the apothecary look. Why do flacons have to all try to pose on your dresser? Let the juice inside be the focus - and this is excellent.

I hope this review clarifies the actual scent pyramid that this wonderful, very natural and versatile fragrance contains. My score - 8+/10. Highly recommended.

Brenao
Brenao

I like it, wood and lavender, a cologne to chill out.

frogman
frogman

I was looking for a fragrance that I could wear in the mornings. To meet this criteria fragrance needs to be very light and NATURAL, never synthetic or harsh. Well, I've found it at last, Extremely natural and soothing L'occitane from province. I was so delighted by this gem that I bought other skin and shaving products from this line instantly.

vinifala
vinifala

Very nice, fresh, old-fashioned, safe, pleasent, resinous and natural smelling cologne. Can be worn year 'round and is ultimately versatile.

Convict13
Convict13

I bought this for my partner, it has a soft woodsy smell. My partner liked it and he wore it all the time.
This would be a very good "everyday" fragrance.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I don't really know why to say about this one.
It smells all natural.
It's a beautifully spiced heart of wood, a hint of floral on top and a subtle note of ginger.
This and Verdon are the first of L'Occitane I've tried, and if it's any indication of how they operate I think I'll have to come back again, or apply for a job :-)

RobbieX

A gorgeous "old school" men's cologne. A potent lavender top note that dries down to lovely mild woods and spices. This is well put together. No problem with longevity. I think this is a really gorgeous smell.

Adiro
Adiro

This fragrance is a fresh and interesting. The lavender note is warmed up right from the beginning by the woods and spices. It is manly yes, but it works beautifully for a fit active young lady too.
What's interesting for me is that there are hints of the drydown right from the beginning, and some of the lavender topnote lasts through the end. In my opinion this is a very "heterosexual" smell, as I cannot but love it on my own skin. It is hot( spices) and cold ( lavender) in the same time, very in-yang. Perfect gym and wake up fragrance!
Longevity is wonderful and projection is medium.
On the downside, the classic L'occitane bottle is much too austere to be proudly displayed, the brown of the bottle coupled with it's aluminum cap cannot but remind me of a medicine vial.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

L'Occitan for Men is a new classic that men of any age will find pleasant and suitable for daily wear.

My husband fell in love with this scent via the bath and shaving products, which are also very nice. We just got around to purchasing the EDT this month and he's getting a lot of wear out of it.

Lavender and pepper are the dominant notes on my husband's skin. The lavender here is the traditional "manly" herbaceous variety, further masculinized by the black pepper. I don't detect nutmeg as an individual note, but the fragrance has a definite spicy quality that nicely tempers the greens. A bit of smoky wood emerges several hours after application.

Sillage is decent, but longevity is remarkable. This one stays close the skin after a few hours, but it lasts all day long.

Nothing especially original here, but it's nicely done overall.

guest_August
guest_August

Excellent. When I first tried it in a boutique in Singapore I couldn't leave the place without a bottle. Lavender and smoke mix is captivating.

italian_drummer
italian_drummer

I had this cologne some years ago. It's perfect for sunny days and for a person who wants to feel clean and fresh.
Unfortunatelly, this edt is hard to find where I live.
Great long lasting.

rviacava
rviacava

This frag is warm and nice to wear in summer time. One of my must have!

LuckyStar1

This is so long lasting 12+ hours on me. I use the shower gel and the After Shave Balm with the EDT. Great fragrance for fall/winter. 10/10 for longevity

teedee
teedee

The most dominant note of this fragrance is lavender. but not the girly lavender, manly one.

in the beginning, there's pleasant fougre-ish and hint of lavender. After the fougre fades to the background, i got a slightly heavy lavender (may be the woods?). and that's it. lavender along the way. not something i dislike, not something i like too. may be it will smell better on men...

on positive note, it last pretty long!

luz
luz

It is one of my favorites. I love all L'Occitane masculine fragrances, and in Eau de L'Occitan, the blend between the lavender and burnt woods make it a perfect and unique scent. It is sexy, elegant and soft.

Tarida
Tarida

Lovely burnt woods and pepper smell it very sexy.

LuckyStar1

A fragrance blended with the peppery, nutmeg scent of burnt wood. A panoramic and complex fragrance, redolent with the rich scents of Provence, in all their ruggedness and mystery. Intended for men, but women love it, too. This is a new find for me and all I can say is wow.

orlino
orlino

According to me, the lavender note is very subtle but always present, it lasts the most compared with the others!!!

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

This is a nice casual fragrance for everyday wear. I was in the mood for a simple fragrance today and had not worn it for quite some time (6 months or so).

Once I sprayed it on, I remembered why I purchased it. I enjoy the pepper and woodsy notes to this scent. The lavender is there but subtle.

If still available, it is a good fragrance for an afternoon date or a casual get together with friends.