Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Peony L`Occitane en Provence for women

Peony L`Occitane en Provence for women
dislike

Peony L`Occitane en Provence for women Pictures Peony L`Occitane en Provence for women Pictures Peony L`Occitane en Provence for women Pictures Peony L`Occitane en Provence for women Pictures

Peony is a new fragrance by the French house of L`Occitane, available on the market from May 2010. This fragrance was inspired by peony, with an intention to reveal secrets and qualities of this gentle flower. Creators of the house asked for help from a French gardener from the Drom county, Jean-Luc Riviere, who does not hide his passion for peonies and is worldwide know for this flower.

As an ancient legend says, Paeonia was a beautiful fairy who was envied even by gods. They were jealous of her charm and irresistible beauty; so they turned her into peony flower with a thousand petals. From that day till today, peony has stayed a symbol of beauty of spring which intoxicates and seduces all senses with its colours, petals and scent.

Paeonia – This EDT is introducing fresh and floral essences of peony while reinterpreting delicate aromas of blossoming peonies bouquet. Top notes incorporate bergamot and grapefruit zest, a heart adds peony and rose petals, while a base features sandalwood and musk. The fragrance is available as 75ml edt.

Besides the EDT available in a romantic pink flacon, Paeonia assortment includes 10 ml EDT roll on, 250 ml shower gel, 250 ml body milk, 125 gram soap in petals. You can also find decorative cosmetics line with peony scent: powder Paeonia which leaves silky fragrant trace on the skin, lip gloss, lip balm, lipstick and eyeshadows.

Bergamot Grapefruit

Field of Flowers

Peony Fragrance Reviews

India Oceane
India Oceane

Bitter green plus a big pink heirloom rose that doesn't last long and dries down to almost nothing. Lovely.

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

A fresh, flowery scent that smells surprisingly unsweet.

I really love it for summertime.
Enjoyed the peony and the slight rosy smell.

To my opinion - a perfect summer scent for those who enjoy a flowery clean feeling, without the usual sweetness you expect from flowery notes.

Upstart101
Upstart101

This fragrance always comes out when the sun does. Went through a L'Occitane fresh phase a couple of years ago and the two fragrances I chose smell like flowers in the sun still damp from a earlier downpour.
I like to wear my perfumes close to my skin and still the silage is not very good on this one so this definitely needs more than one spray. The dry down is green... super green, so green it smells slightly bitter on my skin in cold weather and needs warm weather to mellow it out. I have grown out of this one a bit but find my self returning to it when I want something safe for the summertime.

irebel
irebel

I recieved this as a Christmas present last year. I love peonies but this smelled like metal and penoy parfume mixed. I couldn't stand the smell.
I thought that maybe there was something wrong with the bottle? Everyone here seems to like it alot.
I wonder what could make it smell metalic? It's either something is wrong with the bottle or that is the way it smells. Anyways smell it before you buy it.

allegro_barbaro
allegro_barbaro

A nice bright, citrusy, rosy peony. This is very refreshing and uplifting to spray on in the morning but has faded by the time my 10 minute commute is over!

milkyway
milkyway

I'm not normally a fan of florals but to me this is different. Smells like fresh peonies on first spray, really unusual, fresh and natural smell. Many have mentioned it being a very non-chemical scent..
I don't mind aldehydes or chemicals in fumes, they add their je ne sais qoi sometimes, but L'Occitane's Peony doesn't need it! It is a very well rounded and accomplished perfume reminiscent of fresh peonies and roses.
Only after it had settled on the skin I detected sandalwood and strong rose(this lady must be used with caution as she very often overtakes the whole composition). Lemon is also surprisingly zesty.

Really really like it- pure spring bliss:)I think it's a great mixing fume too, I mixed it with L'Occitane's Verbena and got an even fresher version of this beaty;)

aqua76239
aqua76239

I was given a rollerball of this as a gift. I usually love peony but while this was not an unpleasant scent, I thought it smelled more like rose(and there is rose note in this) and it was rose with green steams and leaves. This is a nice scent and it smells like real flower, not chemical at all. However, its not my cup of tea as I normally prefer fruity and gormand scents

jocelynw
jocelynw

a really strong floral that fades away slightly to be very delicate and feminine

hannskang
hannskang

A green, floral scent. I find this quite heady and strong, so a little goes a long way. It's appropriate for when you want to smell like a bouquet.

LIN
LIN

It such a nice soft floral. i don't find it sweet, but just floral..love it!!

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

it is very strongly floral, a even a bit heady.. perhaps misting it would be an option..

teedee
teedee

oh...this scent brought me back to the past... the smell of soft baby pink colored soap that is so gorgeous looking.

flowery and smooth, with a hint of green notes. it gets powdery toward the end.

lovely frangrance and a very safe one. but not one that will stand out from the crowd...

Grazia
Grazia

I was disappointed by that fragrance, I agree, there is not peonie, just a herbal scent, probably there are leaves of a peony... but sure not a flowers.

Migotka
Migotka

Some time ago I got absolutely enchanted by peony in Stella Nude. It reminded me a lot of beautiful peonies my late grandmother planted in our flower garden. My most cherished childhood memories. So I started looking for a differen peony scent, where it would be more exposed. And here we go, a new lanch from l'Occitaine in front of my eyes when I was walking down the street!

And yet such a disappointment. Maybe because I am an anti-fan of citrus notes. In so many perfumes they overtake everything and for me spoil the whole fragrance. This is another such case. The peony is such a fragile and ephemeral note in general, and here it gets completely overshadowed by the aggressive bergamote. Then the whole fragrance gets somewhat herbal, reminescent of a spring garden, the drydown is musky-woody, very cozy, but where oh where is my peony gone?

Overally, it is a nice spring fragrance, but unfortunately does not fulfill the promise it bears in its name.

Catnip
Catnip

I admit that this was an impulse purchase. I had to get the new L’Occitane Paeonia at the moment I sniffed it. I was most likely prompted by the memory of the beautiful peony flowers from my childhood. Peony is a lush, regal-looking, long-stemmed flower with a surprisingly delicate aroma. They come in different colors, most typically pink and white. Paeonia is, no doubt, a pink scent. Peonies symbolize spring, and the perfume captures the spirit of this season amazingly well. It is a peony flower in full bloom with a slightly green undertone. I can see the stem and green leaves surrounding the gentle petals.

Musk and sandalwood may give the fragrance some substance, but these notes never distract from the beautiful, pink, floral heart of Paeonia. The whole effect is very soft and innocent and as delicate as the actual fragrance of the blossoms. I don’t find any synthetic notes that irritate me as it sometimes happens with floral perfumes for me. The only issue I have is that the fragrance may be too fleeting. I mention this with the caveat that I usually wear heavier scents, so I might not be completely objective in this case.

Note: This is a review of the EDT, the spray bottle. Paeonia Intense Eau de Toilette Roll-on is sweeter and does appear, indeed, more intense, but I thought that the EDT was truer to the essence of peony.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

This is a lovely peony with a slightly raspy green note on my skin. It gets lighter as it stays, and even slightly greener, and does not ever get super sweet. The story about a fairy makes a lot of sense, this perfume does have an impression of light stepping youth, spring of life and Spring as the season.

I am not buying this one, though it's nice, because it reminds me too much of one of my favorites -- L'Eclat D'Arpege. A similar peony smell, a similar light and green feeling to both. But if L'Eclat is not floral enough for your taste and you'd like something similar yet more flowers, you will probably love Paeonia!

Peony by L`Occitane en Provence 3.82 out of 5 based on 160 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Occitane en Provence Peony fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Occitane en Provence Peony, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Peony by L`Occitane en Provence. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Peony by L`Occitane en Provence represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.