Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Verveine L`Occitane en Provence for women and men
dislike

herbal
Verveine L`Occitane en Provence for women and men Pictures

Verveine by L`Occitane en Provence is a Floral fragrance for women and men. Verveine was launched in 2003. The fragrance features rose, geranium, lemon verbena and lemon tree.

Rose Geranium Lemon Verbena Lemon Tree

Fraicheur Vegetale Verveine
Eau du Sud

Verveine Fragrance Reviews

soareroxana
soareroxana

A great citrusy (lemony) scent. The only drawback is that it takes very little until it is gone from the skin.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

This smells exactly like a freshly squeezed lemonade. It is fresh, lemony, sweet and bitter!

Squeeze one lemon, let some lemon peel soak in the juice for 2 hours, add some sugar and water, add ice and have a smell... This is it. A lemony heaven of a great quality lemonade or a lemon sorbet!

Once applied, the blast of lemon will take you by surprise, for the first 2 minutes, this perfume projects like crazy so people around you will smell it and might be bothered. After that, it becomes more subtle and tolerable. Since citrus are among my favorite notes, and lemonade happens to be my favorite refreshing drink, I have no problem smelling it all day! However it does not last much (4 hours max) but respraying it from time to time is not that bad when you consider it's refreshing factor when it's hot outside!

On a side note, it is great in layering it with other perfumes... It's lemony, so you'll rarely go wrong with it as it virtually goes well with any perfume. You just need to dose it well.
I tried it today with LIDGE (l'instant de guerlain extreme) and it was a bad idea because they are both very heavy on the opening I struggled at first... Then, on the drydown, I got something very weird and unique yet very very good! Verveine added a nice fresh lemony kick to that Cocoa/anise heart of LIDGE which made it smoother and somewhat sporty. It tamed down the seriousness of LIDGE with a playful fuzzy note wich lasted a long time! I bet that we can experience the effect of verveine on a lot of other scents!

pinkgnome
pinkgnome

If you are after Vervena scent this is the one. I'm on my third bottle.

Very refreshing, airy and no heaviness which I really like. I tend to use this in summer or after gym.
The problem is that there is no lasting power AT ALL! That is why I'm on my 3rd bottle..

I tested other Vervena scents of L'Occitanne but this is the best for me. Names of their Vervena perfumes are similar and bit confusing so be careful when you buy.

raw umber
raw umber

Verveine by L`Occitane en Provencene is one of the purest most refreshing verbena scents I've ever experienced. It smells like a gourmet lemon sorbet.

This is the scent that started my niche journey. It's just so realistic and satisfying. Quality is unbeatable. Everything that is Summer and luxury, condensed into something so simple. It would be great for yoga or meditating. Also if you feel emotionally stale, this is unbeatable.

An iconic verbena.

AnnetteInFrance
AnnetteInFrance

If you're from the UK you'll understand when i say this smells exactly like Lockets Honey & Lemon cough sweets. It's a very strong citronella smell that some could easily mistake for mosquito spray. If you're looking for a fresh, zesty, SWEET lemon this is not for you!The Yves Rocher verveine despite poor longevity is a much cheaper, safer, more neutral option for a blind buy. This one needs to be tried first - you might love it. I really don't unfortunately.

Brilliantly bright fragrance, the verbena just sings and zings with a slight green vibe but primarily it's a strong natural citrus. The sweetness gives it the candy/sweets feel many describe and it does smell very much like lemon sherbet sweets to me and if you like them (which I do!) this will be a winning fragrance for you.
It can't be thought of in simplistic lemon terms like something which smells like a cheap detergent or bathroom cleaning product, verveine is wonderful and has a natural beauty to it which is so fresh and lively, a character it even manages to retain as in dries down upon the skin.
This is going to be a perfect scent for summer, sure the longevity is average for this sort of fragrance but apparently verbena has natural mosquito repellent properties which could be a useful bonus.
I personally can't wait for hot weather to break this one out.

florence.lee
florence.lee

"Are you eating lemon candy?'
"Uhhh. actually no it's my perfume."

"I smell lemongrass on someone. Who is it?"
"Uhhh, actually it's Verbena."

What a refreshing scent that dies all too quickly. I love pressing the drydown to my nose; geranium and woodsy notes, just heavenly.

Would I pay such a price for something that lasts less than 20 mins? No.

millie1980
millie1980

You'll need to love lemons to like this one! Somehow it manages to be quite sharp yet also rather sweet. In fact, too sweet for my liking. Personally, I prefer L'Occitane Green Tea for a burst of citrus freshness balanced with green notes.

Jene S.
Jene S.

Pretty, lemony scent. Very uplifting, fresh and natural. The dry down is nice because I can smell the rose geranium coming through.

However, I do get a bit bored with this scent. If I'm not in the mood for lemon fragrance, then I wouldn't go with this one. Not a lot of complexity, which I believe is L'occitane's trademark. And it needs to be re-applied several times a day. Fades fast!

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

A truly refreshing EdT both for the senses and for the mind!! Smells exactly like fresh Verbena leaves crushed between your fingers, sweetness and lemony goodness included, even the little "peppery" side of it, coming from geranium notes. This is one of the most inoffensive perfumes out there... I cannot see how someone would be annoyed or put off by this scent. Aromatherapy in a bottle. Even the note pyramid is refreshing for the eyes!! This is a lemony scent that manages to be quite unisex but also very soft and feminine in my book. This does not smell of cleaning products... unless you use the all-natural kind, maybe? But it has none of the chemical harshness of cleaning products. No.

Staying power is not the best and that's too bad, because it is so pleasant to get wafts of it...

Thank you pbluberry for the decant, I've always wanted this little classic gem, and yes, verbena leaves are a little sweet;)

pbluberry
pbluberry

Way sweet like lemon drops on my skin. The sweetness kinda threw me off because I was expecting an aromatic scent. I like it well enough but fades rather fast to really enjoy it (about 1/2 hr on my skin). I brought the bottle to work one time and I was afraid to over do it.

I don't get cleaning products at all because of the sweetness of it. I'm not sure what real lemon verbena smells like but I do like it, just wished it lasted a bit longer.

Kiera79
Kiera79

Clean, fresh, lemony. I can see why people say it smells like cleaning products, but I don't mind that. I like it, but it doesn't last very long.

amelie
amelie

Starts very fresh, almost strong lemon like, soon turns to subtil geranium. Smells clean with a lovely tender dry-down of moist fresh roses.
Reminds me of a rainy, chilly day, when the sun breaks through the clouds and raindrops give that magic freshness to all flowers around you.

I'm a huge fan of the TV series, The L Word, so when I saw one of my favourite characters, Shane, pull a bottle of this out of her bathroom cabinet, I just knew I had to try it.

L'Occitane's Verveine is the essential Summer scent for a country girl like myself. I love the scent of nature, particularly that of a citrus orchard. This fragrance comes very close to re-creating that smell.

This is a sparkling and refreshing interpretation of a lemon tree, complete with the leaves and fruit. It is olfactory heaven to my nose. I wish all lemon inspired fragrances smelt like this. Far too many of them resemble the scent of detergent rather than the scent of the natural, raw citrus.

It's a really easy scent to wear due to its simplistic composition. Both men and women could wear this, or even share a bottle between them and fully enjoy its versatility. I can't believe I've left it this late to try it. L'Occitane Verveine should have come into my life sooner.

At times, it's so fresh, lively and sweet that it reminds me of a chilled glass of lemonade. Seeming that I'm going into Summer now, there's nothing else I'd rather smell. It's so perfect, and this is coming from a girl that usually hates citrus scents.

The sillage may be soft, but the longevity is superb. It clings even better to fabric. To increase the projection, I would recommend layering Verveine with the matching lotion, shower gel and soap. I'm so glad this is one of L'Occitane's best sellers.

mosesdleon
mosesdleon

Every summer when the humidity climbs I go to my nearest l'Occitane store and buy a spray of the Eau de Toilette Verveine. Every time, I try the verbena variations that l'Occitane produce, but the straight verveine is what I buy. As a lot of people have pointed out, it is a fugitive pleasure, and it smells only of lemon verbena. But it does smell precisely and exactly like the potted lemon verbena on my balcony, a soft but sparkling and slightly floral lemon, and to spritz it on is as refreshing as walking through the spray of a fountain on a hot day. I think of it less of as a perfume and more as first-aid for summer. I'm sure you could happily wear it in winter, but for me this charming eau de toilette is synonymous with summer. Indispensible.

LesleyA
LesleyA

When it's 100+ degrees here in Texas, and I couldn't feel any more grimy, or stinky, I can whip my little travel sized bottle of this out of my purse, and I feel instantly showered, and fresh as a daisy. My little lemon-scented ice sword that cuts through the heat and humidity. Lol. Sure, it doesn't last all day, but not many citrus scents do. That's what my travel-size is for. I do get compliments on it well after I've gotten used to it's luscious lemony burst, which tells me it does have some staying power. The rose and geranium add a little sweetness and volume wonderfully.
I wear this year-round, but I almost have no choice during Texas summers! :)

vmzaneti
vmzaneti

Wow, this scent couldn't be more natural. Very realistic feeling of tearing a leaf of lemon verbena and smell it, it recreates the exact scent. Totally pleasant and energetic.

If only it had lasting power...

Henriette
Henriette

This is a lovely verveine scent, but you have to really like verveine as this perfume is all it's about. No other note are perceived - to my nose at least. The lasting power is very disappointing, it lasts nothing. I am aware all the fresh citrusy colognes are not very lasting (with some wonderful exceptions though, as I pointed out in some of my reviews), but this one beats them all: you spray it on your skin and the moment you put away the bottle the scent is gone. Certainly a concentrate version would do no harm.

ian85
ian85

@Saga: Maybe you can try Din Dan by Lostmarc'h...

saga
saga

I love this perfume. But: it is very very light, I put this like 20x amount and it does not last. It lasts like 15 minutes, then it's gone. I wish to find something similar but longlasting.

smellynich
smellynich

i want to smell this!! im a big fan of vampire diaries and they always mention verveine on that tv show..gosh how id love to say IM ON VERVEINE! after i put this on.

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Really fresh! Smells like a garden after summery rains. Lemon, oranges and herbs/grass giving a cool touch on it.

juicemaven
juicemaven

This one was a suprising gift. I love a good citrus scent and this one is tops with me. Tart yet sweet. Nice.

Demoiselle
Demoiselle

I bought a bottle of this and I quite liked it, it hasn't much depth and really (like many L'Occitane scents) only gives off one sole scent, in this case sweet lemons. I don't know why people are calling it 'strong'. But it is clean and fresh like everyone says, great for a hot day where other perfumes would smother you. My friend said it reminded her of nice cough drops, which would make sense.
I ended up giving it to my Dad as he gets a lot of headaches and lemon scents seem to stop them. It works like a charm for headaches, a perfume and medicine in one!

131lo113
131lo113

I know this is a really popular fragrance, but for me personally, I'd rather use this as a room or linen spray. When I apply the EDT by itself to my skin it actually smells like marijuana! The only way that I can wear this is if I layer it with another fragrance (I like the Rose 4 Reines body milk with the Verbena shower gel and EDT.) But honestly, I'd much rather pick something that can speak for itself without needing back-up.

MattAyJay
MattAyJay

I love the scent...it smells fresh and clean throughout the day. For hot and humid climates, this scent is ideal and it will perk and freshen you up. Be somewhat careful with its application though...a few spritzes might be enough for some.

guest_rhettye
guest_rhettye

loved the perfume...

midsummer
midsummer

I loved this scent at first (I always go for those fresh citrus scents). However, the fragrance went through a phase that I hadn't noticed before - a distinctly... pine-sol like aroma that didn't agree with me. I still like this one, and the pine sol didn't last long. . . but it definitely dropped the perfume off of my "want" list.

guest_auburn
guest_auburn

Like another comment, I use it and I got a burning sensation and a large red mark (burning) for 4 days after.

imgcas
imgcas

When I spray it on my skin, I think this is the most refreshing fragrance in the world. It's citrus glory!
But a minute later I feel that my skin burns. It had never happened to me with any other perfume. It's so uncomfortable... It was supposed to be like a cold shower but instead it's like I was burning.
Anyway, I like the smell so much that I apply it on my clothes. I will finish my bottle and I won't buy it again. So bad, because I like it a lot.

Nice Sunflower
Nice Sunflower

This has to be the best and purest citrus fragrance on earth.

I had the same experience as breeze-over-water, whenever I spray it on, I'm back in my grandmothers garden, sitting next to a verbena bush. Maybe you need a memory like this to enjoy it, but to me it's probably the "happiest" fragrance I own. Just bottled memories of wonderful, carefree warm summer days spent in the garden.

breeze-over-water
breeze-over-water

When I first smelled this fragrance, I was immediately transported to my childhood: my old house had a verbena bush by the back door, and from time to time I would pick the leaves and crush them to release the scent. I think this EdT is very true to the source of its inspiration.
In the bottle, the scent is somewhat overpowering. However, after it is applied, it wears very well. But be aware that on different people the character of this fragrance can vary widely. On my sister, the verbena note did not change, but on me, after some time the lemony edge I liked faded and revealed a previously undetected floral note (almost like gardenia, I thought).
The change was not offensive, but I was still disappointed that the verbena note would fade so quickly on me.
If you're considering purchasing this one, be sure to use the tester on yourself and walk around for a while before deciding.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

On a strip of paper this EDT smelled very balanced, some of lemon verbena, some of floral. I'm not sure I could consciously detect rose, one of my favorite notes, but it must have been there since I couldn't stop smelling the paper.

On my skin it's mostly lemon verbena, which I don't mind since I love verbena scent. It becomes very mild in about an hour-and-half. Now after three hours and after washing my hands (and I tried not to get my wrist!) I'm left with nothing. But if I had a bottle, I'd reapply it again. It's fresh, it's clean, it's very slightly sweet, but not too sweet, and I love verbena notes, they are perfect when you walk in the city or in the woods!

UPD.: I tried it again and loved verbena and the initial burst of lime! Yes, I smell lime rather than lemon. Again, no rose. And sadly, it smells a lot better on paper than on my skin. On my skin it turns sweet too fast. But I will try it again to be sure. I really couldn't stop smelling the paper.

RebelKnightCSA
RebelKnightCSA

Stinks? Naw, this is great. The lemonsmell is fresh and clean and lasts a long time. I've gotten lotsa compliments from it. If this smells like a bathroom cleaner to you, that only goes to show just how good bathroom cleaners smell nowadays.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

It is indeed a strong lemony frangrance. It actually reminds me of my bathroom cleaners with the lemon scent.
Do I like that particular fresh citrus smell in my bathroom after I've cleaned my tub and it's splarkling white? - I absolutely do!
But would I want to wear a cologne that smells the same as my bathroom cleaner? - I doubt it!

L'Occitane has so many other terrific products in their line.

Verveine by L`Occitane en Provence 4.00 out of 5 based on 202 ratings and 35 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Occitane en Provence Verveine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about L`Occitane en Provence Verveine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Verveine by L`Occitane en Provence. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Verveine by L`Occitane en Provence represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.