Designers » L » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Grigioperla Essence La Perla for men

Grigioperla Essence La Perla for men
dislike

Grigioperla Essence by La Perla is a woody aromatic fragrance for men introduced in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Bourdon. Top notes are cypress, pink pepper and bergamot; middle notes are magnolia, lavender and jasmine; while base notes are pine tree, thuja, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.The flacon was created by Open Mind.

Cypress Pink Pepper Bergamot

Ginepro Nero

Grigioperla Essence Fragrance Reviews

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Grigioperla Essence is a really decent product bringing back the “sharp & synthetic woody-peppery-herbal freshness” to the price range it best belongs to. Given many other brands do this same stuff at higher prices and/or with more undeserved praise, I guess it may be considered a mild winner. It’s basically Terre d’Hermès rewritten with less citrus and a bit more soapy-lavendery musk, something green (pine), and also a more vivid whiff of smoky vetiver. Halfway that, Encre Noire, half of Comme des Garçons offerings (all their variations on incense and woods), and a Neutro Roberts man deodorant. The “Freshly Hired Accounting Intern Manifesto”, shortly, but it doesn’t smell bad: on the contrary it actually smells really pleasant, clean, affably refined, surprisingly not that cheap yet a bit boring and quite desperately “nondescript” like a stock picture of a meeting room. Although hiring Bourdon for something this pedantic is a bit like having Frank Gehry renovating your cat’s litter box , Essence is ultimately a fine, versatile, fairly-priced product which would make a great gift for non-fragrance fans looking for a signature office scent.

6,5/10

kl99
kl99

Cold water.

Too cold for me.

Distant.

Aseptic.

Make me think to the hotel of Shining.

No blood.

Frozen corridors of a closed house.

Iso E Super so high

steve0580
steve0580

Quite honestly, prior to this fragrance, I'd never heard of LaPerla and this was a bit of a surprise - I didn't expect it to be so good.

This is a very versatile fragrance that can be worn anywhere at any time, This is, without question, a "safe" office scent.

It's very fresh, clean, green and woodsy.

The lavender and magnolia combine very well to bring out that fresh, somewhat out-of-the-shower clean smell; although I smell virtually no individual flowery scent, as you might expect with a magnolia combination.

The green portion of the fragrance is evident, although not to the degree of an air freshener or candle. It's tempered with the oakmoss to bring out a the nice, green composition. I smell no cedar or vetiver.

Vetiver is one of my least favorite notes, so I'm very happy that it doesn't stand out.

Sillage and longevity are moderate on my skin. It projects about 6 inches away and while I get 6-8 hours of it, I see another reviewer expresses excellent sillage and longevity. Apparently, it varies by individual.

All in all, if you can find a bottle for a reasonable price, it's hard to go wrong with it. It's been discontinued and I recently saw a listing on Ebay with someone asking $189 for a bottle of it.

lovetribe
lovetribe

I have this scent for 2 years or so in my collection but I never used.yesterday I put it for the first one.beh is fantastico.the nose of pierre bourdon is obvious ..... is for me the definitive scent for spring and autumn.
excellent longevity and sillage.i love it.too underestimated.

david.margeaux
david.margeaux

Seriously underrated scent. I have fairly roared through my first bottle due to constant use. For the price, its bloody fantastic.

fuggerone
fuggerone

stockpiled this incredible simple gem...8/10

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

I think the point about it's sillage and projection are spot on here.4 hours after application I really have to get my nose really closer to my skin to get whiffs of it.it's not a bad scent at all but I think u are better off trying other ones that make u not strain to smell it on yourself.I do hate invading other people's sniffing space with my scent so I should warm to it but not for now.will love it as a gift though.might help me sleep

StephenF111
StephenF111

This is one of my favorites. Initial blast of pepper which quickly calms down into what smells to me like a spicier version of Terre d'Hermes. Sillage is good, longevity is average; won't last all day but more than enough to last for an evening.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about La Perla Grigioperla Essence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about La Perla Grigioperla Essence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Grigioperla Essence by La Perla. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Grigioperla Essence by La Perla represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Lalique Encre Noire Guerlain Guerlain Homme DSQUARED² He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood Guerlain Heritage Eau de Toilette Aramis Tuscany Per Uomo Bvlgari Bvlgari Extreme Juicy Couture Dirty English for Men Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme Caron Le 3` Homme de Caron Guerlain Guerlain Homme Intense La Perla Grigioperla Yves Saint Laurent M7 Gucci Gucci pour Homme Givenchy Xeryus Rouge Guerlain Habit Rouge Eau de Toilette Lalique Lalique White Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Rodriguez for Him Gianfranco Ferre Gianfranco Ferre  for Man Paco Rabanne Paco Rabanne Pour Homme