Designers » L » Chypre Floral « Groups

J'Aime La Perla for women
dislike

caramel
J'Aime La Perla for women Videos
J'Aime La Perla for women Pictures J'Aime La Perla for women Pictures J'Aime La Perla for women Pictures J'Aime La Perla for women Pictures

Famous Italian brand of deluxe underwear La Perla has launched the newest J'Aime or ‘I Love', another pearl in the line of the very sensual company's fragrances.

The producers have announced it as floral chypre, with fruity and sweet notes of litchi, raspberry and caramel. It therefore continues La Perla's tradition of seductive fragrances, sweet exactly enough to evoke gourmand associations that will lead the thoughts to more intimate spheres...

Bergamot, pepper and litchi open the composition. Intense Egyptian jasmine in the heart, which sounds almost animalisticly sensual, finds itself in the company of lotus and raspberry. As it develops, the fragrance becomes sweeter and darker, as musk, caramel, amber and patchouli come to the scene.

The face of the fragrance is Dutch model and actress Rianne ten Haken. The fragrance was created by Francoise Caron in 2007. It comes as Eau de Parfum in 30ml, 50ml and 100ml bottles, and with matching body care products – shower gel, and body lotion. The bottle is, in La Perla fashion, pretty, made to caress both the hand and eyes...

Pink Pepper Bergamot Litchi

Egyptian Jasmine Raspberry Water Lily

Amber Caramel Patchouli White Musk

J`Aime Precious Edition
Euphoria

J'Aime Fragrance Reviews

stacey_nay
stacey_nay

I just have a little sample vial of this one. I don't think this one worked well for me - I found it very sweet, to the point of being a little headache-inducing. I was surprised when I checked the listed notes because I usually like all of them, but all I get is a generic sweet fruity-floral blast. It sounds like others have more luck! I found the lasting power and sillage to be moderate.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

The actual notes are nothing like the notes listed here. The description is accurate but the pictures below are misleading.

The official pyramid:

Top Notes : Pepper, Lychee, Bergamot
Heart Notes : Jasmine, Raspberry, Water Lily
Base Notes : Caramel, Patchouli, White Musks, Amber

Alexandre
Alexandre

I'm not huge fan of gourmands scents, but I liked J'aime
Jasmine gives an interesting twist, mixed caramelized notes, giving a sweet , sour touch, that to me reminded me of Shalimar Initial and The One Desire ...For those who want to escape the usual sweets ...
To seduce and be seduced, this fragrance leaves a delicious trail ... J'aime, I love!

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Excellent quality perfume, sweet aromatic pear with a little spicy kick while the flowers just sit in the background. Long lasting with a nice bottle. I already own j'aime la nuit which is a real winter masterpiece perfume and I was gladly surprised with "j'aime" which can be considered a spring and summer perfume. La perla seem to be so underrated and you can easily find their perfumes in very competitive prices. If you are looking for something high class and differrent try them. I very happy!!!!!!

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

Well this didn't work on me!. Spices don't usually work on my skin n in this case the spices along w what on me smells like bergamot (there must be some in there) turn it super sour/bitter and metallic on me n on my tongue even! Ugh! The dry down is nice but takes too long to get to. I wanted to love it based on the lovely reviews but I don't like Euphoria on me tho its lovely on friends n this has been compared to it. That n the spice should have been my warning. Darn it! But if u love CK Euphoria then give this a try!

Cassiano
Cassiano

Released in 2007, J'aime (meaning I love) is a fruity-gourmand fragrance, very youthful and feminine. It starts with notes of bergamot and pepper, allied to a delicious lychee extract. In the heart of the fragrance, a floral bouquet of Egyptian jasmine and lilies, in addition to the sweetness of the raspberries. Finally, a sensual base of musk and caramel, as well as amber and patchouli.

J'aime is the kind of perfume that men love smelling in women, because merges innocence with sensuality. And although I defend that perfume has no age or sex, this one was made for the young, no doubt.
It's not extremely innovative, since there are numerous comparisons with Miss Dior Cherie, Euphoria, Black XS, etc. In addition to being sweet without being nauseating, its evolution is fantastic. The caramel nuance is balanced by the bitterness of the patchouli, while the lychee and raspberry insist on appearing all the time.

I leave here two important notes: typically, new perfumes do not present in their sprays any smell and, in many brands, they are put backwards before being sealed, as a form of confirmation that the product has never been used. Although this is not a legend, also is not a rule. My bottle came with the spray centralized in the right position, and by the time I just lift the lid, it has already been possible to feel a foreshadowing of what was to come. And it wasn't the first time I went through this experience. Therefore, beware of generalizations.
The other is regarding the color of the product. The virtual pictures show a pink product, in its entirety. But, in fact, the bottle is transparent, the liquid has nude color and only the lid is pink, as a faceted stone with the initials LP embossed.

Finally, both projection and lasting are worthy of an Italian Eau de Parfum built with intense notes.

anna.023
anna.023

I really love my J'aime bottle! It's not usual for me to love a light, fruity, floral perfume. I'm really all about the bold, daring, deep and strong perfumes! This shouldn't be one of my favorites at all.. But funny fact, it really is! Why? Because:

J'aime always succeed to put a smile on my face. It's my favorite perfume to wear during summer, when ever I have a really good day or are in a special good mood I always reach for J'aime because I know that this little darling will double the effect! It has an impressive sillage and lasting power, whick I really appreciate.

Perhaps it sounds stupid but for me J'aime really is sunshine in a bottle. It's a precious feeling that dosn't come often.

If you like this perfume category, you should absolutley try J'aime, even if you don't fancy this category (like me) you should try it anyway, perhaps it will brighten your day as well?

Lwooten
Lwooten

The pics DO NOT match the description, somebody asleep?

Roses and Spices
Roses and Spices

This type of perfume has been done ten times before (think Sarah Jessica Parker, Agent Provocateur etc). The opening is strong and then I find it ordinary, in fact, very ordinary. If you think differently then try sampling some Serge Lutens or Tauer. I've given my sample of La Perla to a ten year old and she loves it. It smells great on her. Sweet and peachy. Btw dry down is bland and silage is really poor on my skin. Having read the other reviews perhaps it just doesn't work with me.

icecube
icecube

Sweet, fluffy Strawberry cake topping for the younger crowd.
Smells yummy !!

sahar1992
sahar1992

j'adore beaucoup! c'est super!
Je veux l'utiliser a nouveau!
J'adore "J'aime"!

Latindancer
Latindancer

Blind bought a large bottle (100ml) based on the reviews and description here but found it really disappointing when i sprayed it on my wrist excitedly right after i got my bottle. It was too sweet and sharp for my taste. It could be the amber that gave off this strong sharp note that somehow blinded all other prettier floral notes... What a shame, i really wanted to like this! The bottle is so pretty and the lasting power is amazing. Lasted at least 8-10 hours on me! Finally going to sell it off with a heavy heart after sampling it three times and still cant bring myself to like it. Hope it goes to a better owner who knows how to appreciate it more than i do!

andreabutler111
andreabutler111

I like this fragrance but I dont love it. I bought it blind after all the fabulous reviews.
I am still getting to know this scent,it is feminine and summery, flirty and sweet.

fellini
fellini

Sweet sensuous fusion - jasmine, litchi, raspberry and caramel))

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

In the opening I get mainly Jasmine with just a slightly spicy/fruity touch.
After about an hour the Amber joins in creating a soft & warm aura together with the Jasmine... and then give it about another hour and also the Caramel makes it's entrance, creating a lovely sweet & creamy base that lingers on close to the skin for some more hours.
A very well done scent!

Kylie93
Kylie93

I'm in love with this perfume. As I am now ready to buy my 3rd 100ml bottle, I can definitely say that it has become my signature scent. It matches my personality perfectly and is definitely not a too grown up scent.

J'aime is a scent which is lovable for almost everyone, I have received plenty of compliment when wearing this. I fell for the pink pepper, pear and jasmine notes in this perfume,which have by the way always been winners in perfumes for me.

The scent has a sparkly spicy start which slowly becomes more and more sensual. It lasts about 4 to 5 hours on my skin and lingers well.

missyumyum
missyumyum

It's like pink sugar for grown ups

suhaesa
suhaesa

intoxicatingly beautiful.. sensual..seductive..sweet..full..round..amazing..sultry..yet light and captivating..a dream in a bottle..its so sensual.. so feminine.. so young.. so everything you could ever wish for in a lovely bottle..
its truly a sensual skin scent..and more..much more..there is complexity..depth.. and warmth.. beyond belief..there is magic in the air..there is luchsness.. fruitiness.. sweetness.. amberines.. muskines.. patchoulisness.. vanillasness caramelinesness..rasbberisness.. litchinessnse...!i know they are all syntactically not found in the English language.. but so does la perla j'aime..it not found in the scent world anywhere ...so i had to come up with unique words to faintly or merely or remotely come close to describing it.. although there are no worlds that can ever even come close to describing its magic and bliss..

perfume ratting 4.5 out 5
bottle ratting 4 .4 out of 5
edp 100 ml
bought from sephora for about 100 us $
my personal liking rating 4.7 out 5

Talk about a better version of Fan di Fendi! The notes are quite similar, with the fruity pear on top, and there is an animalic element here that resembles that tiny bit of leather in the base of Fan. But J'Aime seems to have better projection and somehow just seems better defined. I think it's a pretty, feminine perfume. I can't help but think it would be wonderful for a day-time date, like coffee or lunch. It's flirty, but it's not immature. It's also a fraction of the cost of Fan di Fendi. I can sort of understand the comparison to La Vie est Belle...but I think J'Aime smells better and is not powdery or gourmand in any way, and is of higher quality. For the price, it's a very worthy perfume.

annettepe
annettepe

this brings back so many memories. my best friend who moved used to wear this scent all the time. it reminds me so much of her. ive always loved this scent but never wanted to buy it because i didnt want to copy her. but now i came across this and am definitely thinking of buying it.

its such a sensual sweet fragrance. the pepper note is quiet detectable, which gives the fragrance a spicy note to it. i remember the floral notes mostly the orchid and strong litchi in the opening, which makes the fragrance very feminine and sweet. the drydown is patchouli and vanilla mostly. it definitely fits the la perla brand as it is such a sexy perfume.

One more reason why i really like this is that its not overly popular and people will not know straight away what im wearing. this is definitely a big advantage for me personally as i want a scent thats original and unique from the rest since scents are very personal.

Use it for dates, it is angelic and sexy at the same time.

A modern fruityflowerfresh scent. Timeless - both younger women and middleaged women can wear this. Just so fruitysweet I can stand. I don't like sweet parfum's. This will not be a favourite, but its very nice.

En modern fruktblommigfräsch doft. Tidlös - både tjejen och kvinnan kan bära denna. Precis så fruktsöt som jag klarar av, jag gillar inte söta/fruktsöta parfymer. Detta blir ingen favorit men den är väldigt fräsch och trevlig.

windswept
windswept

Why has the perfume pyramid on this page changed?

ninive
ninive

I just tried it, at first it was a lovely fruity but after a while it started smelling like red wine and smoke. This fragrance has highs and lows, I would suggest it to someone who likes spicy gourmands and simple scents. I'm not a fan of musk and patchouli and that may be why I can't help but thinking there's something wrong in the drydown, I still think its a nice smell I may not buy it but I'll still use it if I get the chance.

This fragrance smells yummy!

Most of all I feel the lychee, raspberry and caramel notes in it.

I like this gourmand and warm enough fragrance.

5354alice
5354alice

This is a lovely fragrance, if you like sweet one...I bought it some years ago and also last week, cause i found 30 ml in sales...when i wore it first when i was a young student, and loved cause it's so sweet (like candy)and pretty,,,now i'm older but i'm still enjoing it! I think it's the perfect fragrance for a afternoon with friens, when you want to feel feminine and light-hearted!

bobbyferrant
bobbyferrant

very sparkling & tropical fruity with the lychee and raspberry, but still sweet and creamy caramel..dries down to an ambery patchouli musk with a bit of salty skankiness (in a good way, imho)

Raina
Raina

If anyone knows of a fragrance similar to the opening in this one, but keeps the same scent throughout the drydown, please let me know!

This is really beautiful, but not for me I think. It opens so perfectly and so lovely, this would become a signature fragrance for me if not for the patchouli and musk combination that kicks in as it starts to dry down. There's something about that dry down that sends me into a minor anxiety attack. D&G the One and all of its flankers do the same thing to me. I suppose its something in the slightly masculine edge during the drydown that they both have in common that does it. If it were not for that this would be a keeper as the lichi and rose combination is beautiful.

Since acquiring a tester bottle (scent unsniffed) of La Perla J'AIME, I've worn it a few times. I need to be honest. I don't really like this perfume. The first night I wore it, I actually woke up in the middle of the night wanting to wash it off--there seemed to be something off in it in the way in which celebrity scents however well-intended are often "off". I wasn't sure why I did not like it, but it smelled somehow discordant to me.

After a few more wears, I think that I've figured it out: it's the musk which makes this perfume slightly dirty and skanky at the same time that it aspires to be a gourmand delight. A comparison to Van Cleef & Arpels ORIENS might be helpful. ORIENS is also sweet and voluptuous, but there is no dirtiness or skank involved whatsoever. ORIENS is more like a treat, while J'AIME is something of a chore for me to wear.

I do very much like the opening of J'AIME, but I grow tired of it quickly and do not reach for the bottle in the way that I reach for perfumes beloved to me. Perhaps my bottle is bad, but the liquid was pink when it arrived. After a few weeks it had turned brown, and now it is nearly clear. No, I did not leave the bottle out in the light. I have kept it in the box, and the ambient temperature has been moderate, so something may simply be wrong with the composition of this perfume. It boasts (ha ha) BHT among its ingredients but that's obviously not enough to hold the whole production together because mine is not pink at all.

In the end, I should say that this perfume may work well for those who like musky perfumes along the lines of L'AGENT PROVOCATEUR or NARCISO RODRIGUEZ or SARAH JESSICA PARKER. But be advised: this one is also rather sweet in addition to being slightly skanky.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

The caramell in it reminds me of Jessica Simpson Fancy, good but nothing new. Bit i have no idea of wich of them that came first.

iloveperfume1992
iloveperfume1992

Just love this perfume!! Sweet peppery patchouli evening caramel... It lasts at least for 24 hours... even after a shower... and tomorrow morning.

TiaTia
TiaTia

this is my recent discovery and it's so beautiful. playful. cute and sexy at the same time. this reminds me a bit of the little cookies me and my man ate in italy last summer. and then it turns into this cheeky scent that can be quite sexy, when the patchouli comes out and softens the sweetness and at this stadium, j'aime lingers for quite a long time around you, with that beautiful sillage, that is not big but seductive: it's that sillage, that people around you notice without noticing it's perfume, but "something" beautiful around you. and this makes me feel really sexy not because i am wearing a "sexy" perfume, but because i know what's my secret, that makes me feel that way: it's j'aime.

i love wearing this. especially, when it's so cold outside like today. still so much snow and ici wind.
but then i take a deep breath in my scarf and there it is:
soft, sweet, beautiful, playful. warm.
and it makes me feel so good.

SS79
SS79

OKAY! Wow! So excited I saw a little package at my doorstep when I came home from work!

I couldn't help but open the box right away, like I was 5yrs and it was xmas morn! lol.... So I put the lotion & the fragrance on one hand to see what this smelt like since it was a blind buy...

It is so pretty! I Love it! Reminds me of my Flowerbomb tho.. but a little more floral... a little more girly... like the spring/summer version of FB.

I am so happy!! Its a 100ml too! Got a great deal online so I can be'generous' with it and not feel guilty! Deffinatly gonna ba a staple in my wardrobe! (especially that its waaaaaay cheaper than FB too!)

Pari88
Pari88

This one is really good. I love finding perfumes like this; not by such a famous designer and doesnt cost a fortune! It smells like miss dior cherie edt which is wonderful. It also has a sharp "fresh" aroma of the earlier 2000's nina nina ricci, and gucci 2, not entirely but it is quite noticeable which makes this even more exciting to smell.
J'Aime is a great one to have. It is good for every day, every season, fruity floral gourmand and fresh all in one. It is a perfume that can let you smell all those aromas in one spray, without being too cloying or confusing. It makes you feel all light and fluffy and delicious, what a woman should always feel like! It is not a dark perfume, nor too "pink" as the bottle might suggest, it is just in between the two. This is def not your BS fantasy gourmand.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

J'aime by La Perla is a perfume that I happened to find accidentally, when I was looking for information on a different (and unconnected) scent that is also called "J'aime".

I decided to order a bottle as I liked the sound of it and I have to say that I'm very pleased I found this beautiful warm chypre.

J'aime opens with a spicy citric note...the combination of pepper and fruits producing an almost metallic accord.

That fades quickly though and leaves behind it a rich but light scent of white flowers enveloped in a mist of sweet raspberry.

As the scent dries down the patchouli and caramel both become more prominent. The patchouli adds a spicy earthy tang to it, which is offset by the caramel's sweetness.

The patchouli note is quite present for me, but it's not unpleasant, and it's not a "dirty" patchouli, but more of an earthy, fruity one.

This fragrance is not really a gourmand in my opinion. There is a slightly gourmand edge to it with the fruit and the caramel, but at its heart is a chypre through and through.

I don't find it overly sweet either, but it has quite a sweet base, so it's not one for any one who dislikes some sweetness.

Medium sillage and excellent longevity give this perfume bonus points from me. And it has a very classy yet simple bottle.

Overall this is great quality, and not too expensive. Very much worth a try.

to me it smells a lot like Miss Dior Cherie(the new version)they are both sweet,chypre and full of red berries.
in fact I'm noticing that I like most of La Perla perfumes.I already have j'aime la nuit and today I got my bottle of diviina and got a chance to smell this one,which smells great as well.
backing to the perfume,it starts sweet and fresh and ends with dominant chypre,patchouli notes.caramel is always there,making it feminine and adorable.I can't say whether I like this one or j'aime la nuit more,but I can say this one is more sweet,chypre,while j'aime la nuit has some dominant woody notes.but they're both Italian style,that I admire in perfumes.
...and forgot to say long lasting power and sillage was very good on my skin.

dadulka82
dadulka82

sensual and sophisticated fragrance
in my opinion it smells more floral than fruity (white and pink flowers)
not overpowering at all, love it
suitable for over 30 too
will buy again

Prettynightmary
Prettynightmary

A pink cloud of raspberry! Very candy-like, almost too sweet, caramelly and yummy. There`s also something refreshing and "greener" there, maybe the bergamot?
Delicious and funny scent, not sexy to me. I like it but a bit too "Escada-like" for me.

agi
agi

After i read all this good reviews aboute this perfume,i have to have ! I buy without knowing what smell will be..and I LOVE IT !Its soo ,soo nice smell omg,i can smell this allday long.For me its smells wery similar to Miss Dior cherie.I really suggest try this perfume ,its is sweet ,but fresh at the same time ! Wow !Love it !

Gosha
Gosha

OK, I got a sample of this scent and considering the name "J'Aime", I somehow automatically thought that La Perla was a French company... and I am wary of sweet looking French fragrances as I (more often than not) find them incompatible with my skin. Thus I was bewildered how much I enjoy this. Now I see that La Perla is an Italian company, I am thinking that explains a lot,as I seem to have a thing for Italian fragrances! :-)
This is sweet and it is fresh somehow as well, I agree. A bit fruity, flowery, foody and fresh. I don't find it seductive or sensual (as they describe above), I agree with "taylor" here, to me J'Aime is romantic, flirtatious and downright cute.

I was "jumping around" this a lot and nearly bought it. It's a quite nice yummy floral scent that seems romantic. I liked how it smelled on paper. On my skin it turned into a candy cloud. I re-tested it and had to give it up because I did not like how it developed on my skin.

cmmarti3
cmmarti3

Warning: do not spray this with a heavy hand! There are so many EDPs out there that I expect to last forever and an hour later they're gone. This is quite the opposite. Spray it a couple of times and expect to smell strongly of it twelve hours later. This is not what I would consider a gourmand. Yes it has fruity notes, for me most notably the raspberry, but where is the caramel? I didn't find it in the dry down (I tried). It reminds me more of a grown up Escada limited edition and less of upscale Italian undies. Nevertheless, I smelled it in Harrod's on a trip to London and decided it was a yes. For the record, I don't like chypres and I don't like patchouli, and I do like this. A little Flowerbomb-esque - sharper - and longer lasting. This is definitely for spring and summer.

thebexexpress
thebexexpress

I love this a lot. I like fruity, sexy scents, and this is kind of what I wanted from Black XS. It lasts pretty well and I also like the bottle- I really love simple bottles without tacky text or too much stuff.

milkyway
milkyway

i was eyeing up this perfume for soo long..i tried it on paper and smelled divine..fruity, powdery, zesty with just a hint of flowers..
when i tried it on my hand though it just turned into a sweet floral fruity ( more fruity than floral thanks to litchi and raspberry)..and i am not really a big fan of fruity smells..
it doesn't really develop. it just smells the way it smells out of the bottle..and surprisingly it is one of those perfumes that smell better on paper..
slightly disappointed, especially considering the price..you could find cheaper similar perfumes..the silage is extremely good though..up to 8 h

dani_brasil
dani_brasil

I always thought it reminds me of Euphoria (which I don´t have), but today my sister wore Euphoria and I thought she was wearing my J´aime. I sprayed her perfume on my wrist and to me they are almost the same! On my skin, because on hers, Euphoria turns into a woody, stuffy smell in the drydown that I don´t like, but on me, reminds J´aime a lot!

Micharie
Micharie

I absolutly LOVE this fragrance, i am always getting compliments when i wear this & i love the bottle, reminds me of a priceless jewel held in a black organza sachet!
It also funny enough reminds me a bit of a mix of Dreaming by Tommy Hilfiger & Coco Mademoiselle!

melia
melia

very sweet floral fruity, smells a lot like estee lauder's Pleasures DELIGHT! Though j'aime is a líttle more serious, but just slightly. Sugary raspberry, hard not to like... It's just not entirely 'me' :)

TankGirl
TankGirl

This was an amazing surprise for me. Beeing a huge fan of the homonimous La Perla, I tought this one would be a modern and crappy remake of the other one. Oh how was I wrong...
J'aime is the perfect step from teenage perfumes for more mature ones. Is sweet without beeing teeny, its light but make head turns, its inoccent but incredibly sexy.
On my skin the notes that take the lead are litchi, jasmine and bergamot (the tp notes make me think this perfume is the older sexy sister of Britney Spears Fantasy, crazy right?!), the drydown is gourgeaus, amber, musk and caramel instedd of the usual vanilla is a really perfect idea. Perfect for everyday, every occasion, all year. Easy to wear, easy to like. I wouldnt call it unique, but its definatly a well done perfume that smells perfect. 5*

guest_tpcGIRL
guest_tpcGIRL

I work at a perfume store and I recently brought jaime for myself because my manager told me off for emptying out the whole tester bottle of jaime LOL. This is the only fragrance I wear at work because it's so distinctive and sexy. This is my signature scent!

Haaa... I got it !!
I found the way to solve the dizzy ending with this gem :p I know it quite crazy...but not bad to try,,,
I mixed this one with the EL BEYOND PARADISE in my collection...OMG It really works on me. I rarely wear BP becase it's too cold,too officially and more mature ... both are solve and correct each other to be a kind of my own innovation, new signature scent and Gosh ! I love it ..not too innocent girly sweety and not too seriously mature..:)

Amethyste
Amethyste

I'd said I like it, but it's on the edge of I don't. The patchouli is very strong, is at the limit of bearable. It's very feminine, but it almost gave me a toothache. I wouldn't buy it.

After a month, I can still smell it, and it's delicious raspberry with caramel. mmmmmmmmm delicious.

guest_FS16
guest_FS16

When I first got this perfume as a gift and caught the first whiff of it I was totally bowled over. Its perfect for women who would want a sophisticated perfume yet retain that girly charm. Its super sweet, reminds me a lil bit of 212 Sexy by Carolina Herrera...though this one is a lot better in the sense that it doesnt change into a woody/oriental smell.

kugkng

This one quite like floral-fruity a first the fresh litchi and raspberry notes very detectable and edible very yummy then turn to something very harsh,dry and sour to me, I think it should be the affect from caramel note come so quick and combine with the sour raspberry note and amber..Emm I'm indecisive..I love it or not, because the caramel note too sticky and easy to get dizzy-it's too much for me.

when I bought La Perla-J'aime in a samll shop in Maccau, I thoungt of the small bottle I held in my hand. And when I smell it, its aroused my sense that the fragrace is soo really my taste. Now its so difficult to find the perfume here in Indonesia.

this is very good mmmmm

guest_prinsess

i love it is very sexy good mmm

guest_Armands
guest_Armands

I bought this fragance for my wife. It is relly sensitive and lovely.

LIN
LIN

I'm in love everytime i smell it!! it's such a feminine and rich fragrance. Reminds me a little bit "coco mademoiselle"... beautiful!!!

ananda
ananda

I absolutely LOVE J'Aime! And I have to admit I was very resistant towards trying this one, regarding the bad reviews I had read.

The opening is just fresh and delicious, quite above my expectations - litchi never disappoints me. Then it settles into a clean and sourish almost-fruity type of floral. That also made me resist. "Why?" I thought... Well, I found out that reminded me a lot of a specific moment in Baby Doll, right before the "acid metalic burnt sugar disaster". But it was good, quite good, actually, and I realised I was just resisting to it because of the association. Well, I got over the association! J'Aime's heart notes are beautifully blended into a feminine, very pleasant concotion.

And suddenly... Wait! What is this? Caramel kicks in! This smells GREAT! But reminds me something... hmmm... Black XS for her! Another perfume I kind of pick on...

But you know what? J'Aime is a lot better. And I also got over this association. Weird, huh? It resembles two fragrances I would never buy and I just love it!

The drydown is one of my favorites. You can almost taste the caramel, and that just lasts and lasts and stays forever on my skin. More than twelve hours. Couldn't be better!

J'Aime really made its way into my heart and now it's certainly one of the most desired in my wishlist.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Lovely,lovely!Pretty and sweet,definetly a young scent(not teen young but young).I used not to actually like it but i totally changed my mind.I tried my sisters bottle and after a while it smelled just better,the base is great.Especially when the caramel kicks in(i love caramel scent).La perla makes great fragrances..

taylor
taylor

i don´t think this is a teeny fragrance. it´s sweet but not candy-sweet.
in my opinion not that sexy, more romantic and flirtatious.
and the bottle is really cute^^

Durar
Durar

I REALLY LOVED IT .. AND COULDN'T WAIT MORE ONE DAY TO BUY IT .. I FINALLY BOUGHT IT ;D...!!

Minnija
Minnija

I see in this fragrance really something sexual, feminine, sensual...as girly sweet fragrance for young girls I found Britney Fantasy, but not this one la perla..

guest_Peter
guest_Peter

I bought this for my wife...but must firstly must admit to being a fan of gourmand frags and having selfish motives (namely pleasing my own nose). I love the burnt musky caramel aspect of the fragrance and its lightness on the skin. It makes a nice change from the impersonal and overbearing Aqua Di Gio, CK etc type scents that dominate in Australia (and which give me the compelling urge to run away from the wearer).

jigglyclefairypuff

J'aime is alot more like a 12 year olds first bra rather than luxurious, upmarket lingerie.

Mrs.YoungLady
Mrs.YoungLady

When I was in the stores, a lot of sellers try to sell it to me and sayd that all the teenagers and girls love it and that its a very popular now, and it does smells nice but there was something that I didnt like.
But in general, it is a good perfume, fresh and stay long time on the skin.

jigglyclefairypuff

La Perla fragrances possess a unique and clever way of capturing scents to appeal everyone, they dont smell like mainstream perfumes, they dont smell synthetic nor metallic and they are under rated.

guest_sm-sm
guest_sm-sm

i was shoping for a perfume and the seller spryed it on my hand saying you will like it and it happend i fell in love with it right away sweet and rich of early summer smell

guest_Perfume connoisseur
guest_Perfume connoisseur

I absolutely adore this perfume. By far the best I've sampled this year. Very sweet, distinctive and warm. Several men stopped to ask what it was. The scent lasts a long time and Escada aside, is my favourite. A dead cert if you prefer sweet, fruity, caramel scents

MoietToi
MoietToi

The fruits are not very noticiable in this perfume at all except for the rasberry. But otherwhise it's really caramely-muksy floral on me. Anyways I love this scent and I sooo want it! =D

guest_kim
guest_kim

verry sexy fragrance i adore it

Trvevil
Trvevil

I got mainly fruits at first. It's like grab a Escada perfume (the most fruity one) and turn it into chypre. I'd say at first it feels like a battle between floral fruity and chypre. And first takes over the second. This perfume had this vibe, but then settled down very nice sweet with caramel and musk, not losing it's fruit taste. I smelled it and thought it's like Escada perfume. It's a bit sexy, but not grown up somehow. I don't think it's sexy when I smell it. If there would be less fruits it would be a lot nicer to me. It's nice and perfect for spring or not very hot days of summer I think.

ossini
ossini

i first smelled J´aime when i asked for a nice winter perfume in a store. the shop keeper told me that if i like the fruity summer Escada fragrances, i will like J´aime too. And i really loved it from the first moment! its sweet, but in a very pleasant way, very cosy, feminine and warm for winter.
the only bad thing is, that on me it looses the interesting smell after a very short time and then it only smells sweet.By using it everyday i started smelling the dry spicy basics more and more which i don´t like, so i had to stop for a while and continue again.

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

Perfect for the festive season, I get opening notes of cranberries (rather than the listed raspberry) with a mellow background of amber and spice. Those who are normally put off by gourmand type notes should really give this one a chance , as normally I wouldn't countenance a fragrance with 'caramel' but this note is a true burnt sugar rather than sickly toffee. The jasmine is there, but waving very faintly in the background of the group shot; this is a good thing for me as usually any touch of jasmine gives me an immediate headache and the overwhelming need to lie down in a darkened room to recover.

Having said all this (and although it should be obvious that I like this perfume - I am wearing it today as I type!) there is just something missing from the mix. It needs to pack an extra punch and somehow misses the mark every time.

I so want to love J'aime, but I don't. It isn't too sweet, yet it needs to be still more tempered with extra spice, perhaps a dark glimmering of vetivert would have done the job? I'm biased, of course, as I adore vetivert and all things woodsy musk, but I feel this perfume is striving to be as glamourous as its more grown up sisters (I would liken this to Paco Rabane's Black XS and Ungaro's Apparition) - J'aime is like a beautiful gown that the designer forgot to put the buttons on. It just doesn't hang right...

Nevertheless, I shall persevere. This isn't a perfume I will stash at the back of a cupboard and forget about, but neither will it be something I reach for every day.

giny
giny

This fragrance is sweet, but I can’t find the freshness like the other reviewers. When dries down, I feel cloying sweetness, what makes me feel sick. It is too much! I have headache from this sweet and strong „cloud” and want immediately to take a shower to remove it. I apologize to the fans of this fragrance.

PR

I tried la perla 'j'aime' again. Though I like it as a scent in itself, and it smells almost edible, and really nice, and should say strong, but now I think this one is too open, not as delicate as I would like. I had it sprayed on the paper strip in my bag, while was doing some shopping, and I can say, I suddenly felt embarassed when this perfume's cloud was 'traveling' together with me..didn't expect this. not my type of perfume, I guess.

PR

At first it was abit too sweet for my taste, but I guess that was not La Perla day. The next day when I tried this perfume it smelled just fantastic, though sweet it was fresh and interesting. My husband liked it at once. I am not really an expert in this, but to me it goes into the same group with Miss Dior cherie, 2008 summmer smell, and Coco Mademoiselle, though the last one is much lighter as a scent.

guest_Angelina
guest_Angelina

It is so nice. It is so femenine, it is my favorite fragrance next to coco mademoiselle.

Sweet, but not in a teenage way.

guest_Bellisima
guest_Bellisima

Men are ready to rip me apart in pieces when I wear it. But it has to match ur personality!

tanni4
tanni4

I love it. It's extraordinary. A little bit confusing at first, but then the smell becomes more and more passionate and fascinating.

Marianne
Marianne

I fell in love with it some weeks ago...now I can't get enough!

guest_Soph
guest_Soph

How is this a chypre? It smells fruity to me

guest_Nicky
guest_Nicky

I think this perfume is one of the best smells, it is sweet, fruity and fresh. I think it suits teenagers.

guest_Hana
guest_Hana

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this fragrance, to me it smells like strawberry sherbet!!!!! A dream come true!!!

J'Aime by La Perla 3.73 out of 5 based on 320 ratings and 84 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about La Perla J'Aime fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about La Perla J'Aime, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify J'Aime by La Perla. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of J'Aime by La Perla represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.