Designers » L » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Life Threads Gold La Prairie for women

Life Threads Gold La Prairie for women
dislike

Life Threads Gold La Prairie for women Videos Life Threads Gold La Prairie for women Videos
Life Threads Gold La Prairie for women Pictures Life Threads Gold La Prairie for women Pictures

This fall, La Prairie will treat us with a new collection named Life Threads, containing three perfumes Silver, Gold and Platinum, inspired and created in the honor of countless options in women’s lives. Every woman in her lifetime plays many roles and has many opportunities to choose, so, regarding all that, La Prairie launches these three fragrances for different moods and feelings.

Gold is formed as a complex oriental – spicy fragrance, with the top notes of tangerine, plum and clove. The heart consists of pepper, cinnamon peel, coriander, Kyoto rose, lily-of-the-valley and ylang-ylang, while the base is made of cedar, patchouli, golden myrrh, vanilla and incense.

The bottle design is unusual and translucent, decorated with filaments of gold, silver or platinum. They will be available in 50 ml bottles. Life Threads Gold was launched in 2009.

Clove Tangerine Plum

Ylang-Ylang Coriander Cinnamon Rose Lily-of-the-Valley Pepper

Vanilla Myrrh Musk resins

Lady Caron
Caron Lady Caron (2014)

Life Threads Gold Fragrance Reviews

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

Nothing to do with Fendi and Coco ... LP GT is so sweet and misty or smoothy, but that s all ... In my city are only one 50ml bottle that cost like Les Exclusifes of Chanel ... Really expensive price for being a common sweet fragance ...

Russkaya1
Russkaya1

La Prairie Gold Thread had been in my wardrobe since 2009 and used to be my signature scent for until I moved to Crystal Flowers... I don't wear it as much as I have new favorites now but I remember how I couldn't get enough of it and how many complements I used to receive wearing it. It's a great perfume for spring time and definitely not for everyone. When one of my friends had it on - we almost died in the car as it was horrible on her. In my opinion it's the best La Prairie Life Thread scent. I've tried the other ones and they are not all that on me. Wonderful quality perfume at the reasonable price.

DiaAnna

Repurchased it of course , warm , sweet , spicy that lasts and lasts , 5* , totally worth its price !!!

juji
juji

I just ordered a 5ml sample and am so excited to try this!I'm hoping for a luscious oriental, nothing sharp, or screechy. I'll know i about a week...thank you for all of these reviews to help me decide on what to order!

edit: my sample arrived and at first testing I really am liking it. Smoky sweet, spicy, deep and yes "gold" smelling. Lots of cinnamon, coriander, and myrrh....Like others have said I also get the distinct similarity to Coco; just take it down a notch or two and a teeny bit "cheaper" smelling and you'll have Coco. On me at least that'a what I'm getting.

angelapaul
angelapaul

I tested this about a month ago, and absolutely adored it, I knew I was onto something special. My husband surprised me with a bottle for our anniversary because he saw me sleeping with the tester on my pillow, hahaha!

But seriously I can't get enough of it. Love how well-balanced this is, nothing is too overwhelming but all ingredients have their place in the mix, creating a sweet-spicy, warm, sexy, classy scent that I could happily wear every day.

gesch
gesch

This is a "safe" oriental - it's straightforward and not very ingenuous but it does this very well.
It's spicy with mostly clove, cinnamon and enhanced with amber-lined plum and a seeming abundance of flowers. It is in the mind of Poison meets Angel meets original Opium...

It is very strong and holds his own throughout many hours. I am happy I didn't pay the retail price of La Prarie (insanity!) but for the bargain I made I quite enjoy it.

But I am in the mindset these days for strong perfumes, though wouldn't dare to apply it in hot weather (obnoxious I am not). I think it doesn't compete with the illustre niches, but as far as solid, good orientals goes, this is a safe one. On me it reminds me of "Coco" Chanel.

DiaAnna

I loved it so much , too bad the bottle was only 50 ml and I sprayed like crazy .... Well, I love sweet perfumes and this one makes no exception , you gotta try it , oh memories , it's special , it'll get you a really good mood when spraying , the other versions are also very beautiful , but this one is the best ! I find it unique , can't compare with other fragrances .

Gosha
Gosha

wow...I am rather overwhelmed. Not by this fragrance, but by all those raving, admiring reviews. Am I perhaps testing something completely different...!?
I will get plenty of minuses for this, but here goes:
Life Threads Gold is, indeed, like a number of bold, strong, legendary, famous fragrances poured together, stirred well and then massively diluted. Oh, but the ingredients in this recipe are probably also quite cheep (which makes the steep price of products of this brand even more insulting).
The dry down is pleasant, I have to admit, but otherwise for me personally the only words to describe this mediocre creation are (as those few reviewers have above) indeed: boring, ordinary, nothing special.

vivik
vivik

It´s like a gold watch with a dark brown leather strap that´s permeated with all the great fragrances you´ve been wearing....I love it.

hisuinomadoromi
hisuinomadoromi

The base note is very beautiful. Fragrant of full sweetness of the Orient, expensive spice, and beautiful tree. The smell of the plum is juicy and youthful, too.

However, there is no individuality in the opening. Clean, ordinary opening like soap. I want something mature more. Ttat is regrettable though its dry down is noble and wonderful.

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

This is one that I've had to wear a few times to really appreciate. It's only been pretty recently that I've started to love strong, spicy oriental perfumes. I especially love incense in perfumes. If gold had a fragrance, this would be it! Strong, spicy, smoky, exotic, elegant and sexy pretty much sum up this perfume.

Lovely, elegant and sophisticated scent for the woman who knows what she wants in life. Very female'ish, warm and sexy. Love the mix of Plum, Vanilla, Rose, Cinnamon, Myrrh & Musk. No sharp or edgy notes at all. Timeless I think - for all women 25+. One spritz goes a long way and makes yuo smell fantaboulous all day/night.

Härlig, elegant och sofistikerad doft för kvinnan som vet vad hon vill i livet. Otroligt kvinnlig, varm och sexig. Älskar mixen av Plommon, Vanilj, Ros, Kanel, Myrra & Musk. Inga skarpa eller tunga noter alls. Tidlös - en doft för alla kvinnor över 25 år. En sprejning räcker länge och får dig att dofta fantastiskt hela dagen/kvällen.

bronstein
bronstein

I find this one lighter, more sweeter and even more feminine than its sister scent "Silver". It may be also worn by younger ladies, though its elegance makes it suitable for nights out at the theatre or a ball, too.

Overall, I appreciate the uncompromising ultra-femineity of the "Life Threads" range. In addition, these perfumes are certainly challenging and more sophisticated than your average CK/Gaultier/Escada fragrance. When deciding upon these very intense scents, one should also bear in mind that a very individual scent alters your appearance. The decision what to wear depends on what you want to represent. Wearing this one, for instance, outside of the opera, it may positively enhance, say, an everyday jeans-and-sweater look.

This one puts a bit of glamour into everything, hence it is aptly titled. This way, it may turn an everyday appearance into a special one, and an everyday night into a night to remember. I wouldn't avert my nose.

****

susan_troy

Bought it after i wrote my review and cant get enough of it :) Last night ,before i went sleep, i sprayed it on my wrists and i woke up with the most beautiful smell :)

susan_troy

I dont own the perfume but tried it few times and really loved it.
Im a big fan of Chanel Allure, but i would like to buy this one very much :)

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

Interesting scent by La Prairie (one of their fragrances is my signature one). It's quite heavy & perhaps suited for more mature and sophisticated ladies. Putting it in a bottle with yellow Gold design is well thought. However it does have fruity notes - tangerine & I can scent exotic Carambola (star fruit). Silage is heavy & longevity is long lasting. I won't buy it in near future.

nany com
nany com

عطر رائع جدا جدا قمه الانوثه وثابت وفواح

Upon applying LIFE THREADS GOLD, a perfume masquerading as an edp, I immediately caught a waft of ANGEL, and then POISON, and then basically all of the Big Fat Floral Fragrances of the 1980s rolled together into one overwhelming and EPA-inimical package.

Yes, indeed, this is a big, loud, powerhouse oriental floral perfume launched thirty years too late! Everything is here: the purple fruit (plum), the near-toxic concentration of already very potent spices (clove, pepper, cinnamon), the huge billowy flowers which fill the room and may suffocate some among those present who happen to be standing too close to the wearer. And just in case anyone is still not satisfied, there's even myrrh!

Needless to say: this stuff is strong. Not for me, above all, because of the purple fruits and clove: vraiment de trop! (The bathtub is beckoning...) Might work for someone who was weaned on POISON. For everyone else, this product should carry a prominently displayed headache advisory warning label.

Perfume Goddess
Perfume Goddess

A goreous fragrance, very strong and to me very much like Coco Chanel and more suited to the 40+ market. Not me (as not in that age bracket) but I appreiciate it for its beauty and staying power.

sweetlola
sweetlola

Today i was test this smell with my husband , he love this smell and would like buy for me for my birthday.He told me smell very good never smell this style before and stay very more hours in his skin and after take shower smell still in skin too.

Tenuba
Tenuba

This scent is way too intense for me. It is not designed for young people. (I should have understood it from the ads). Although the scent is good and very long lasting on the skin, after a while you get bored because it smells too intense. Pity I bought it for a lot of money and could not use it.

personagrata
personagrata

This is a bad copy of chanel "coco". I am sorry, but i will pass. I much prefer chanel house. I also find the advert. a little bit tacky...

muminmarlow
muminmarlow

I have spent a lot of years looking for that 'special' scent, one that is not just seasonal, on trend, temporary, transient, but a scent that for me will reflect all my life experiences that have gone before. Each year that passes that 'scent' that I seem to be looking for changes, but the base notes seem to be the same! I think I've found something after a very long time that is very special. Life Threads Gold is a very classy, sensual, mature smell that makes me feel very good and very happy. I love it.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

“Life Threads Gold represent the richness of life... the
rarest... the most beautiful and most sought-after. The
exquisite femininity of Rose Petals... the rich spice
caravan scent of Clove Bud and Cedar wood. This is
a fragrance that speaks to the La Prairie woman of
the richness of the life tapestry she is weaving, and of
the exquisite beauty of her heart's desires.

melia
melia

I was kind of very surprised when I sprayed this on a paper today! I don't know, but when I think of a fragrance with 'gold' I automatticly expect something piercing, but thick. This is something completely different! I'm going to search for that paper in my bag though so I can tell you guys more.

Grazia
Grazia

I have 1.5 ml tester, well... it's very sweet and tasty, but I don't know if it's possible wear it all day. Anyway it's not for hot weather.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Life Threads Gold is boring, sweet, fake aromatized and headache inducing. Being in a group of oriental spicy where are many ground shaking and inspirative perfumes I think this stands no chance. Yet, it stands no chance towards girly sweet perfumes. Because of the price. Neither on heaven or earth. Did I mention it is boring? Like child bubblegum which you enjoy for three minutes and for the rest of the day suffer jaw ache.

guest_musicNOTE22
guest_musicNOTE22

unlike the person that just reviewed, i loved the platinum smell. it's like a feminine and chic cologne and personally i like the way colognes smell because women's fragrances are all overly flowery.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I was accosted yesterday by a sales woman at the La Prairie counter in a department store who insisted I try this trio of perfumes (Life Threads Gold, Silver and Platinum). What amazed me was how ordinary they were and nothing at all special considering how expensive they are (in England about $140 for a 50ml bottle). The only one I remotely liked was the Gold one which was OK but I certainly wouldn't fall over myself to spend that kind of money on buying a scent that's so ordinary. The Silver and Platinum ones both sucked!! Personally, I'd expect a lot more from perfumes which retail at such a high price.

mudpach
mudpach

It's a great scent. Spicey, deep fragrance.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about La Prairie Life Threads Gold fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about La Prairie Life Threads Gold, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Life Threads Gold by La Prairie. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Life Threads Gold by La Prairie represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.