Designers » L » Chypre Floral « Groups

Life Threads Platinum La Prairie for women

Life Threads Platinum La Prairie for women
dislike

Life Threads Platinum La Prairie for women Videos Life Threads Platinum La Prairie for women Videos
Life Threads Platinum La Prairie for women Pictures Life Threads Platinum La Prairie for women Pictures

This fall, La Prairie will treat us with a new collection named Life Threads, containing three perfumes Silver, Gold and Platinum, inspired and created in the honor of countless options in women’s lives. Every woman in her lifetime plays many roles and has many opportunities to choose, so, regarding all that, La Prairie launches these three fragrances for different moods and feelings.

Platinum comes as a chypre – floral fragrance that opens with plum, violet leaf and galbanum. Jasmine, Persian rose, leather, Kerala cardamom and elegant iris form the heart, while the base consists of Indonesian patchouli, vetiver, golden amber, oakmoss and labdanum.

The bottle design is unusual and translucent, decorated with filaments of gold, silver or platinum. They will be available in 50 ml bottles

Life Threads Platinum was launched in 2009.

Galbanum Violet Leaf Plum

iris Jasmine Cardamom Rose Leather

Vetiver French labdanum Patchouli Oakmoss Amber

Chanel No 19 EDP
Tuxedo

Life Threads Platinum Fragrance Reviews

kittybobmeowpants
kittybobmeowpants

awful, smells like dill pickles... which i like but not ON me.

katushka37
katushka37

On me this scent is a sweetened Oakmoss with earthiness of Vetiver and Patchouli. Amber and resins in this scent are very subtle and add a touch of softness and prolong longevity.

I like unisex scents and this one definitely leans that way even though it was marketed for ladies. It smells powerful, complex and timeless at the same time.

I find the sillage and longevity are very good and you only need two sprays (one if you are going to work or other public place).

lindaberlin
lindaberlin

Lovers of oakmoss should try this scent. Very lovely and long lasting. For me, this is full bottle worthy. Love it.

calyx93

lovers of No. 19 should give this a try.

meugie
meugie

It is very strong at the beginning and something metallic. It tastes metal in my mouth. It doesn’t disappear with time, but decreases.
The next minute the notes reveal themselves and wow! A beautiful dandy perfume chypre/floral. On my skin the oakmoss dominates along with amber. The floral notes are very discreet, but I can feel it. The interesting thing is that today I smell more the rose and iris scents. But already happened other times I felt the labdanum or even Jasmine stronger.
It's the kind of perfume that has to have a certain personality. Be self confident.
You may be wrapped in newspaper that, when using this perfume, your appearance will be of a very elegant person. And another thing, it's not a youthful scent. This classy touch also gives an air of older person. That's exactly what I mean: there are perfumes that age the person and this is one of them.
I think everyone should use what they like, but this perfume looks better on people with more than 30 years. Imagine a child with the clothes and shoes of its mother 
Lasts long on my skin (about 6-8 hours), but it's not one of those scents that can be felt by people who are far from you, in the other side of the room. Anyone who gets close notes, but not all praise.
It was a blind buying. I wanted one perfume of this series, so I research the reviews of the Perfume’s Lovers. I don’t know the others.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

Its better than the other La Prairie scents but there is strong metallic burst..what is that ? It smells so synthetic and cheap.

akats
akats

I will be very brief. Ok. I smelled it today, and the day after tomorrow I run to buy it. Definatelly!

Two days later...... I bought it. Lovely. Sweet ambery moss. A vague subtle note of iris and rose is noticeble, soft leather also, but mostly I get moss at it's best. Lush moss, creamy moss. Wonderful! It reminds me a bit of Mitsouko, but this is more sweet, less loud and more subtle. Ladies that can't wear Mistouko but like chypres, must try this one. It is one of a kind.

Aiant
Aiant

I love simply irresistible. It makes me feel so glamorous and elegant, has a touch of iris flowers, a faint glow of amber, leather and something not describe. His power is not much, but its duration if, especially if you smell your clothes days later. Definitely, a perfume for special occasions or just to feel beautiful, feminine and different.

Second bottle. It opens with a punch of oakmoss, so first 20 minutes Platinum is a bit overwhelming and strongsmelling. But it changes, goes into my skin and turns magic. Very longlasting on me. I feel like a rich supercatwoman wearing Platinum. Very elegant, classy and sophisticated. Its overexpensive, overperfect, overbeautiful and I loooooove it!! I think Platinum is for us 40+ women.

Andra flaskan. Öppnar med en rejäl dos ekmossa, så första 20 minuterna så är Platinum bara för mycket och starkt doftande. Men den ändrar sig, går in i huden och blir magisk. Otroligt hållbar på min hud. Jag känner mig som en rik superpuma när jag bär Platinum. Otroligt elegant, klassisk och sofistikerad. Överdyr, överperfekt, överunderbar och jag bara ääääälskar den!! En doft för oss 40+ kvinnor.

calyx93

A surprisingly traditional chypre for today - contains real oakmoss too. Has a good dose of galbanum, patchouli and plum along with a bouquet of soft floral notes - powdery iris dominating the mix to my nose - finishes with a nice, leathery labdanum and oakmoss.

Very chypre, very chic. Very much like a much lighter version of Aromatics Elixir Perfumer's Reserve with the iris amped up.

My goodness, I love chypres. Life Threads Platinum is one of the better ones from this fragrance genre. It's worth a try even if you don't think it will appeal to you.

This fragrance opens a little heavy, with leather, grassy accords and a good dose of oakmoss. I assume many write it off at this point and don't bother in waiting it out. Well, that's their loss. Once settled, Life Threads Platinum can be described as many things, but not once would I call it unpleasant.

What I love most about this fragrance is its hint of sensual smokiness. Life Threads Platinum has some very interesting moments in its composition; one moment smelling like an exotic temple, the next being grounded and earthy in its approach.

This fragrance could easily be unisex, and I think many men will enjoy this scent immensely. The leather and oakmoss really drive the composition, but smooth green accords, earthy iris and labdanum give it that extra edge. It's surprisingly complex and well put together, so I am a little perturbed by the amount of people that have openly disliked this scent so far.

Personally, I find Life Threads Platinum classy, smooth and elegant. It's also one of those fragrances that could suit just about any season, although I'd prefer to wear it during Autumn. It fills me with a similar sense of satisfaction that I thought only Guerlain's Mitsouko could achieve.

Both the longevity and sillage are impressive, and the beautiful bottle design is a complementary bonus. I haven't had the opportunity to test the whole Life Threads range, but in comparison to Life Threads Silver, I'm liking this one much more. I highly recommend.

kerini
kerini

A thick wall of balms, amber, patchouli and moss, topped off with soapy rose and headache inducing jasmine. Strong and persistent.
I don't have anything nice to say about this one.
A great disappointment compared to my previous experiences with the Life Threads series. I really like Sapphire and even though Gold is way too complex for my taste, I can appreaciate a well balanced composition on some level. On to Ruby (...as soon as I've gotten over my Platinum trauma).

I have always harbored a negative prejudice against companies such as La Prairie which tout something as gimmicky as caviar as the basis of their entire skincare line, but I must say that I am delightfully surprised by my first foray into their perfume offerings. Happily, they had the good sense not to extend their caviar obsession to their new fragrance line...

LIFE THREADS PLATINUM is a gorgeous, complex and rich floral chypre perfume, occupying the same general olfactory neighborhood as LA PERLA. PLATINUM offers a touch of leather and a slightly lower dose of patchouli, but the labdanum and floral symphony here is simply exquisite! PLATINUM, like LA PERLA, has more of a modern and comforting feeling than some of the colder, classic, green chypres. This composition offers the snuggliness of a high-quality oriental perfume along with the texture and depth of a chypre. I love it! Thank you for the introduction, Vickalena!

In addition to being beautiful, PLATINUM also has fairly big sillage and good longevity. On my wish list!

channmya
channmya

Beautiful and unique fragrance.Lasting power is over 6hrs.My favourite perfume of all time

K1
K1

There's no musk but the smell is so musky in the first step; musky and pure, watery and transparent. It's a linear scent that only gets deeper in the base.
I got aldehyde clue in the opening mixed with floral theme. proper for hot summer nights to intensify it!
So retro but so stylish and not waxy or sticky.
After 7 hours on paper, labdanum and patchpoli smell bold. So classic and if lacked floral hint, would be a nice masculine vintage powerhouse.

longevity 10/10
sillage 8/10
scent 10/10

zozo
zozo

it,s too much expensive and don,t wourth i,m very regret to buy it from lebanon specially the silver one

A beautiful Chypre floral. AT first it smells strong, but when 20 minutes has past, its wonderful. I can feel the leather and rose, and the basenote gives a great Patchouli/amber kick.. I love this one.

En härlig Chypre floral doft. Först tycker jag att den bara doftar starkt men när den får lugna sig lite så är läder/ros noterna och patchouli/amber noterna de som jag märker mest. Jättehärlig. En doft för karriärskvinnan som vet vad hon vill. Inga skarpa eller tunga noter. En doft att förälska sig i, tycker jag.

Yamba1
Yamba1

My favourite of the Life Threads series.
This is an unusual fragrance and certainly one that stands out. It begins quite green, uplifting and a little retro perhaps... . The chypre base is evident and there are at times hints of Chanel no 19. But no, the drydown morphs into an earthy accord that is suggestive of walking through a wet forest. It is slightly reminiscent of Yachtsmans Zanzibar although Zanzibar is far less expensive!

I do like this perfume. It is one of those frangrances that is hard to define, and a good choice for men or women wanting something different from the fruity/sweet or vanilla creations currently proliferating the market.

minimok
minimok

I went through a perfumeshop and a woman asked me if I want to try it. It would be a special fragrance I should try.
I tried on and loved from the first moment, but decided because of the high price to go home and let it develop on my skin.
When I went to bed I felt happy and asked myself what smells so good around me till I remembered the perfume. Of course I went the next morning there and bought because it was after long time the first perfume I loved it for 100%.Since my pregnancy before 13 years I got extremely picky with perfumes.
Often people wants to know what perfume I wear because they want it too.
For me it has the perfect mix of chypre and floral accords and it lasts long.
I love at the end the smell of Labdanum :) it grows in Greece and I had it around my nose when I was a kid. It could be of course that smell that makes me so happy as I combine it with my childhood memories.

Maki
Maki

I also think this it the best of the Life Threads, very different from the other two.
I think Silver smells cheep and Gold, to me, smells souer.

I'm not that impressed to buy it again though...

Mimmi
Mimmi

After sniffing I had high expceptations of this modern potent chypre. And indeed, the first blast was promising - herbal, spicy, unusual. But in the next phase on my skin, this developed into a gourmand and suprising smell of mushroomsoup. Strong and weird. While waiting for the scent to evolve further, I can report this one has great longetivity. The morning afte my test, it still lingers as a distinctive trail of moss, vetiver and wild mushrooms on my skin. Recommend trying on Your skin before buying.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Platinum is certainly best among Life Threads series. Posses unusual notes of flowers and herbs, sharp, metallic and strong. Quite likable, spicy and far from ordinary. I see it as good choice for spring time, and consider that a lot of oriental type perfumistats would enjoy Platinum.
I agree with Jale, this is the best La Praire scent.

Life Threads Platinum by La Prairie 3.17 out of 5 based on 103 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about La Prairie Life Threads Platinum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about La Prairie Life Threads Platinum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Life Threads Platinum by La Prairie. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Life Threads Platinum by La Prairie represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.