Designers » L » Oriental Floral « Groups

Life Threads Ruby La Prairie for women
dislike

yellow floral
Life Threads Ruby La Prairie for women Pictures

Life Threads Ruby by La Prairie is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Life Threads Ruby was launched in 2010. Top notes are african orange flower, bergamot and lily; middle notes are jasmine, ylang-ylang, rose and saffron; base notes are vetyver, musk, sandalwood and vanille.

African Orange flower Bergamot Lily

Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Rose Saffron

vetyver Musk Sandalwood Vanille

Samsara Eau de Toilette

Life Threads Ruby Fragrance Reviews

bronstein

I don't know why my comment below was deleted, as if only women were allowed to comment on female scents. How come some of you seemingly want to exclude male interpretations from this site? This is just narrow-minded, leading you nowhere.

In a nutshell, this one's obviously very strong, very feminine, and it has a classic feel to it. It is very elegant and slutty at the same time, and it can make you crazy if you try to figure out which of these is the side that the woman who wears it wants to express. It's the kind of perfume you would expect to be worn by a true femme fatale, e.g. Veronica Lake in her best film noirs: elegant in her appearance, loose in her mind.

It may be worn by women of any age, but certainly not by the average woman.

*****

bronstein

I find it kind of funny that the comments below express so much confusion about this one. Is it because those who posted the comments are all women? Let me tell you about this one from a man's point of view.

The information sheet that comes with this one informs you that all three parts of the series are about different aspects of a woman's heart, and this one is intended to capture passion. You might as well call it "desire for sex". Frankly, I never before had the pleasure of smelling a perfume as alluring as this one.

Quite obviously it's very strong, very feminine, and it has a classic feel to it. It is very elegant and slutty at the same time, and it can make you crazy if you try to figure out which of these is the side that the woman who wears it wants to express. It's the kind of perfume you would expect to be worn by a true femme fatale, e.g. Veronica Lake in her best film noirs: elegant in her appearance, loose in her mind. Genius.

*****

Egyptian Goddess
Egyptian Goddess

i love this, reminds me of dk cashmere mist but much better version. gorgeous bottle. I have a full bottle with the box..I dont think i will use it...
sad really, i should sell to someone who will enjoy like it should be

nany com
nany com

حلو مره وحق سهره فواح وثابت وهذا اهم شي

mseidoom
mseidoom

Yes, I agree with mypersonalharmonics. This definitely smells like Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan. I happen to like Cashmere Mist, so this wasn't a disappointment for me. Just in the drydown, it doesn't get too musky. I just realized, this is Cashmere Mist plus a hint of Santa Maria Novella Vaniglia. The longevity was good, just like some of La Prairie's other fragrances.

My journey through the Life Threads line of La Prairie ends today with RUBY, which, as odd as this may sound, reminds me a lot of Madonna.

Madonna made a name for herself by successfully embracing the post-modern prioritization of packaging to product. Madonna was everything to everyone at one time or another. Virgin, whore, mistress, mother, wife, children's book writer, erotic photo exhibitionist, would-be perfumer, philanthropist to Africa, singer, stripper, artiste, model, film star, tatter-clothed Bohemian, English lady, French slut, Jewish mystic, divorcee cougar: Madonna has done it all, and some faction of society has always been ready to run after her salivating along the way.

So why does RUBY remind me of Madonna? Because this perfume attempts to be all things to all people but cannot be pinned down. The notes seems random, as though there is no method behind the madness. A little bit of this, a little bit of that. A waft here of one vague iconic perfume memory; a waft there of another. Everything and nothing all at the same time!

In the end, I do not think that RUBY is bad at all, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what it intends to be!

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

The mimic-gimmick thing with this line is obvious.

I enjoy my sample of Ruby, although it somehow reminds me of DK Cashmere Mist with aldehydes.

Or even (drrrumroll) Jaipur Saphire.

Yes its all about ylang ylang if you pass by these first impressions.

Quite a comfort scent.

Blimunda
Blimunda

In my opinion, this one is somewhere between Tumulte and Samsara.

It is maybe the most beautiful creamy fragrance I have tried, with dominant red rose notes and powerful ylang-ylang. The scent is warm and alluring making you want to constantly sniff your wrist. It has a great aura and sillage while the lasting power is rather poor and that is actually the only defect...

Nuriyarose
Nuriyarose

Agree with Melia , all of the 3 reminde me old and classic perfume , exactly like there first series ( silver,gold, platinum)

this one is like cotton blossom, close to the body, very comfterable , cream feeling

the longlasting of this one is better then other but still not good as i expected from this brand

sweetlola
sweetlola

Sale has introduced me this smell for test too she said sweet smell and after I was tryed strong smell in first and stayed more hours on my skin.

melia
melia

Now let me tell you something about the whole range of ruby, sapphire and emerald: I get the feeling La Prairie wanted to go back to the 'classic' side on perfume. Like in fashion nowadays every era gets a re-invention, I suppose La Prairie wanted to do that with perfume too. The thing is, that every single one reminded me of something else, a classic perfume that already exists. Which is a shame for me, but maybe usefull for the ones who like classic perfumes but want a slight difference or modernity added. I couldn't name the perfumes reminding me of sapphire and emerald, but for ruby... it's shalimar! A lot of other perfumes have shalimar as an inspiration I suppose, but for me it came out quite strongly here. I'm actually a bit disappointed... I wouldn't spend so much money on something that is just 'okay' and actually costs more than the perfume it resembles to and while that one is a true classic.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about La Prairie Life Threads Ruby fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about La Prairie Life Threads Ruby, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Life Threads Ruby by La Prairie. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Life Threads Ruby by La Prairie represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.