Designers » L » Floral Fruity « Groups

Life Threads Sapphire La Prairie for women

Life Threads Sapphire La Prairie for women
dislike

Life Threads Sapphire La Prairie for women Pictures

Life Threads Sapphire by La Prairie is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Life Threads Sapphire was launched in 2010. Top notes are green notes, apricot and freesia; middle notes are jasmine, narcissus and gardenia; base notes are amber, sandalwood and fir.

Green Notes Apricot Freesia

Jasmine Narcissus Gardenia

Amber Sandalwood Fir

Life Threads Sapphire Fragrance Reviews

akats
akats

It is one of the best jasmine-gardenia combo I've ever smelled. It balances between freshness and warmth! The white florals are dominent, but instead of being heady, sharp, are so smooth and creamy, almost shy I dare to say...that I was surprised. Fir and freesia must give this unique freshness that blows between..., and apricot and amber the cozy creaminess that wafts from top notes to the dry down. Overall, I found it lovely and added on my want list already.

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

I liked the scent on the papercard. Thought it was very fresh. Bought it. Then after reading the bad reviews here, I thought I must try it on my skin to see if it's as bad as you say. I have the Gold edition too, so I tried that one on one arm and Sapphire on the other. The one I smell the most is Sapphire. It doesn't smell like on the papercard. It smells better on my skin. The scent is still fresh, but there's something sweet in there too. Maybe the apricot and some powder notes too. On my skin it smells just delicious, candylike with some aqua notes to it. I love it. By the way, one hour after, I still smell the apricot, which I like.

kerini
kerini

A really nice jasmine with a little narcissus and hints of freesia and gardenia.
It turns from floral-fruity to floral, then ambery-floral, later ambery-woody with a hint of jasmine and finally very soft woody.
If there's one thing that doesn't sit well with me it's the beginning. At first the jasmine is a little strong and I really don't need the sweetness of apricot on top of that.
The woods and amber are blending together perfectly. I recognize the sandalwood but that can't be all. Anyways, very gentle and pleasant.
I get 12 hours before the jasmine's gone competely and then several more hours of soft woods.
I'd categorize it as floral.
I'm not the biggest jasmine lover but if I were about to buy a new jasmine scent, Life Threads Sapphire would be one of my top choices.

Life Threads SAPPHIRE is a jasmine-dominated floral perfume. The other floral notes, especially the narcissus, add a bit of extra interest and keep this from being a jasmine soliflore, but I myself do not find enough fruit in this composition to warrant its membership in the fruity-floral category. Of course, generally speaking "fruity-floral" is a term of derogation, so perhaps everyone should simply be relieved!

As with all of the La Prairie perfumes, a little goes a long way, and if one makes the mistake of overapplying (having grown accustomed to the dilute juices now all over the place masquerading as edps...), then one may risk a headache. SAPPHIRE, however, really offers a nice floral medley to my nose, and although I don't think that it's revolutionary or groundbreaking, I can recommend it to jasmine lovers as an alternative to their favorite soliflores.

I am not familiar with GIORGIO BEVERLY HILLS, but if, as some reviewers claim, it smells like this, then maybe it's about time I gave that one a sniff!

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I find this to be a bit similar to Burberry weekend but much softer.

margie
margie

I finally realised what triggered my love at first sniff for this fragrance. It's the opening apricot note. Too bad I got stood up right there - the apricot vanished the very instant I sprayed it on me. Then only the soft faintly woody flowers kept lightly shimmering very close to my skin, with no sillage whatsoever. And even those faded out after some short 2 hours. It left me with a feeling of me lingering there, with my nose pressed up against the window pane, gazing out at the love of my life walking away down the street not even looking my way, so close and yet so forbiddenly unreachable. Just not fair... it's too overpriced for this short tease of a gorgeous scent.
Anyway, this short vision of love was enough to make me want for more. To sum up, the scent is soft, gentle, creamy and calmingly cool. Perfect for everyday use (if one can afford splashing half a bottle on daily...) It reminds me more of a mystically and peacefully glowing moonstone rather than a deep blue sparkling sapphire though.

UPDATE: I followed Samloves' advice and blindly bought Giorgio Beverly Hills in hope to find a substitute for this pricy scent and I must admit those two do smell alike! Except that GBH is much louder and up in your face while Sapphire is so much more delicate and refined. Besides GBH is lacking that opening almondy apricot kernel note that Sapphire is so precious for... Well, but at least I can enjoy exactly the same drydown now with just a tiny spritz of GBH, and it's staying with me for so much longer... Thanks, Samloves, for this discovery!

samloves
samloves

Very nice, smells just like Giorgio Beverly Hills only three times the price and has no staying power whatsoever. Totally over priced but it is nice to be fair.

intlV
intlV

I'm not sure why this has such low reviews. It's very similar to Elizabeth Arden's Blue Grass, but much softer. It is currently my favorite scent. My only complaint is that it doesn't last long at all. Maybe it's just my body, but the top notes disappear immediately after spraying, and the middle notes a few hours later. There is no discernible base note residue after 8 hours, unless you held your nose directly onto your skin after drenching your skin in it initially. For that reason alone, I say it's not worth paying full price, but who pays full price for perfumes anyway? I wish La Prairie had a body lotion or shower gel to complete this set, then maybe the scent would last longer.

This starts as pretty candy-sweet fruit without cloy, and spiky wood notes to keep it edgy. Amber rounds it out nicely, giving it a very pleasing symmetry. Unfortunately, as it dries down it develops a super sweet/tart scent and ends on my skin as basically Sweet Tart candy and honey, very synthetic with cloying sticky notes. Had to scrub it off.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

It’s always pleasant when a SA on the fly says which one you should try first and speaks pithily: “It will suit you better because Sapphire is the mildest out of the three”. Yep, she was right. Actually, it’s the only one among perfumed jewels I can imagine myself wearing. Nothing ground-shaking or armour-clad, just pleasant white floral feminine veil. In terms of euphony, I would bring it into the same line with John Varvatos I also reviewed today, but with a less playful facet. Sapphire seems a bit refined, a bit dignified, but still open: ‘Come closer and try to gauge sincerity of the movement...’ Longevity is so-so.

Emerald, as it unfolds, closer to the drydown, reminds of all classical chypres at once (Chypre-lovers might want to check this out), now as I’ve had a look at the pyramid, it’s clear – galbanum and especially oak moss are to blame, and its longevity seems best.

Ruby obviously clings to oriental classic. At a loss for right epithets, because, whatever I say, this scent is doomed to bask in the sun of Shalimar flirting with its worthy modern twist: Lalique Le Parfum. In this aspect, new Ruby is so last year… Longevity is rather good though.

Life Threads Sapphire by La Prairie 3.18 out of 5 based on 48 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about La Prairie Life Threads Sapphire fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about La Prairie Life Threads Sapphire, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Life Threads Sapphire by La Prairie. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Life Threads Sapphire by La Prairie represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.