Designers » L » Floral Fruity « Groups

Midnight Rain La Prairie for women

Midnight Rain La Prairie for women
dislike

I have it: 356 I had it: 118 I want it: 792 My signature: 18

Midnight Rain La Prairie for women Pictures Midnight Rain La Prairie for women Pictures

Take a moment and breathe in the beauty of the night rain with the smell of Midnight Rain. The fragrance is based on harmony of balmy floral, mellow fruity and sensual woodsy notes. It calls for enjoyment and frees imagination and passion. Do not waste your night sleeping.

The top notes are composed of fruit guava, mandarin and pomegranate cocktail, with a soft touch of freesia. The heart unites white lily, orchid, plum blossom and Amber Flower. The base reveals patchouli, vetiver, cashmere and musk. The fragrance was created in 2006.

Freesia Guava Mandarin Orange Pomegranate

Avon Luck for Her

Midnight Rain Fragrance Reviews

La DameDeNoir
La DameDeNoir

Disclaimer: this is a personal opinion about this fragance, and not a criticism against the people who use it or like it.

I really love the description of Miss_Nightingal: "it's some sort of prototype for Darth Vader's helmet covered with glitter..." :D

Taking in consideration the ridiculous high price tag (like many other La Prairie products), you will expect something really classy and refined, but not. I must agree, the bottle looks like if it would be made of some sort of cheap plastic, and then, smeared in glue and glitter. The kind of thing that you did when you were six and were in the kindergarten...

As for the fragance itself, it's just some sort of fruit air freshener with patchouli. Nothing new, nothing original. It has been done to the point of nausea. A strange mess of notes that don't suit each other. It shares the same sickening note of candied apple that has Nina and many other modern fruitchoulis. Very overpriced, like all the products of La Prairie.

If you like it, buy it and use it, but I am pretty sure you can find better fragances for such price.

SillySue
SillySue

I am having a very passionate love affair with Midnight Rain. I used to live in Switzerland 2006-2008 and I remember running into this in the duty free one summer when it had first been released. I smelled it and instantly loved it, but it was so expensive. I was in grad school at the time and had very little money to be throwing around so I had to make do with a couple of duty free sprays for my enjoyment during the flight back home for the summer. Ten years later and the scent stayed with me stored back there somewhere in my memory. I found it for a pretty decent price recently and I simply had to go for it. A decision I do not regret. Not only does this smell amazing but it has the power to transport me back in time, to some of the best most carefree days of my life. That alone is priceless.

To the scent. This is patchouli done to perfection. You can definitely smell it in there but it smells GOOD. I'm not a patchouli fan in general, but in this I not only tolerate, I love it. It mixes so well with the vanilla orchid and guava. I can definitely also smell the plum blossom and pomegranate. This is kind of sweet but not overly so, cause the patchouli grounds everything, but this is not a dirty patchouli. MR is a deep scent but still kinda fresh at the same time, if that is possible. I would wear this either day or night, spring, summer, fall and winter. You could say that it has a little bit of a tropical vibe to it, because of the guava, but it still smells classy.

I find this to be a seductive scent, sexy even. It is unlike anything I personally have ever smelled before and it stands the test of time, for sure. It does not smell outdated in the least. Very few people wear this where I live cause it's kind of hard to get a hold of so for me it is absolutely signature worthy. It has everything I love in a scent, sweetness, freshness, floral-fruity-woody notes, good staying power and a dash of mysterious. People will be asking you what that amazing perfume is. I'm grateful to have been reunited with this old love of mine :)

nordhaul
nordhaul

The bottle!!! Smells decent! Love the name,
the concept, and BOTTLE. Want! ...Peace...

mymlan
mymlan

A lovely oldschool gourmand that I enjoy a lot. Fruity sweetness and patchouli with some flowers on the top. This fragrance smells sensual and rather grown up, it's not the average fruitchouli one could smell everywhere as musc and vetiver does the trick. For me, Midnight Rain and Dolce Gabbana Pour Femme intense fills the same grown up, gourmand void in my wardrobe. MR is indeed lovely, but I already have PF intesne and do not need another one.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

This is very nicely done! Has that sexy addictive quality to it. Very luscious scent. It doesn't last very long but I don't mind respraying this baby!
And the bottle doubles as a protection device to ward off criminals hahahaha

So interesting notes composition, but the result is not so charming. There are enough sweet perfumes, which are more interesting.

Crystals On My Converse
Crystals On My Converse

I really want this but it's crazy expensive like £78 GBP for 1.7oz or 50mls - up there with Viktor & Rolf prices! :(

thegreekone
thegreekone

Very luminous scent.Unique and refined.The composition is sweet but not in a syrupy way(Escada magnetism)Very romantic fragrance with a very eye caching bottle.The only downside is the price.

angelfishie
angelfishie

I remember the shining glass, bright lights, and crystalline bottles of the department store counter the day I first encountered Midnight Rain. I'd wandered in on a whim, had no idea the perfume was still fairly young, and yet fell in love with its scent amidst the huge posters detailing other releases.

Midnight Rain is dark, sweet, lush, and powerful. It struck me with that wild, free, euphoric feeling I used to get as a child outside before a thunderstorm, the wind whipping through my hair as the clouds raced through the sky. And it is laced with an intense, warm feminine sexuality. First and foremost are rich orchid and spicy patchouli. For me personally, freesia and vetiver are also amplified. Midnight Rain sings of violent showers, dripping fruit, body heat, of rich, rooty wood. And yet I agree with the reviewer who explained that it dries to a surprisingly soft, calm, warm scent given the strength of its start.

Long after buying it I took a trip to Mexico's Riviera Maya and I was fascinated to smell a similar impression one summer night in the gardens after a passing storm - Midnight Rain indeed lives up to its name. And personally, I enjoy the bottle! It's fun. This isn't a laced-up, proper, demure scent, but it's equally well-suited to dancing in a springtime shower or curling up by the tree at Christmastime. Midnight Rain is freedom and chaos and joy and beauty and nature. It is water and fire, wind and earth.

True, it is expensive, but the sillage and longevity are both so strong that one spray lasts from dawn well into the night.

Circuit FAiry
Circuit FAiry

Midnight Rain - for me the notes developed a lot better after taking a small walk out in the warm weather. The body chemistry changed this from: OK, maybe I like this to a total love. Lovely tropical fruit notes, with sweet flowers mixing with my body heat ignited this right up. The dry down is pure pleasure: musky vanilla with cashmere. Excellent summer scent and I would say easily wearable day or night.

Longevity on my skin was fantastic 7+ hours and last several days on clothes.

mystica

Few days ago, I found the chance to test Forbidden Euphoria. I was surprised and I need to disagree that Silver Rain resembles it or simply a more expensive version. No way... F.E. is so incredibly volatile and light in comparison to Silver Rain and smell wise it isn't similar either. It disappeared on my skin in about two hours and the scent experience not even was rich or alike to Silver Rain.

elenmart
elenmart

Wow it smells almost exactly like "Midnight Fleur" by Nest!

This is totally new brand for me. So it's the first fragrance I have tried by La Prairie.
I find it amazingly lovely. For me it's mostly sweet orchid and nice patchouli. A little bit of wood.
I'm into sweet scents and this one I would totally love to have in my collection.
I think it's not the most long lasting perfume, but I still love it.
It's not overwhelming, more like calm sweet scent, even suitable for work/school.

archivist
archivist

In the opening this smells exactly like a shampoo that my mom has in her guest bedroom bath, I can't remember the name of it, but it's dead-on. I think guava is a pretty common shampoo fruit scent. I like it - shampoo is one of those things that smells clean and fresh without being soapy-aldehydic. Too bad about the glitterbomb plastic, because I love the bottle design otherwise. Very pretty shape, but glitter-fused plastic would look pretty out of place with my favorites on the dresser.

mjdancer83
mjdancer83

The description says "Do not waste your night sleeping", but I love falling asleep to a relaxing cloud of Midnight Rain! It's a gentle, calming lullaby of soft florals, fruits, and creamy warmth. The patchouli is very light and well blended, so it doesn't overtake the fragrance. It lasts quite a while on me, I can still smell it several hours later. Not your typical fruity-floral or "fruitchouli", this one is sensual and all grown-up!

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

Very pretty, but I feel like this scent has been done a million times before, it smells so familiar. I would wear this and enjoy it but it's not a love for me.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Beautiful fragrance. On me it is a bit exotic in the beginning, and then turn into a sweet and very long lasting drydown.

The bottle is absolutely stunning !

Hellita
Hellita

I find that it's hard to write a review of the fragrances I really like. Midnight Rain is one of them.

To me she is adult, elegant and dressed up, and the fruits makes her flirty sweet without being overpowering. She is seductive without being doused with the typical vanilla base (so she's not smelling like a vanilla cake) and I'm happy to have found a fragrance to wear during late evenings that isn't vanilla based & rather musky. She opens with a burst of ripe tropical fruits mixed with patchouli and musk. She might seem a bit harsh (even a bit manly) at first, but after about 10-15 mins. she quickly mellows down into warm creamy fruits & fresh autumn flowers. This one has attitude and she's a strong, confident woman. She really is complex and hard to explain. I guess you just have to smell her.

MR is similar to Euphoria or Forbidden Euphoria by CK, but IMO Midnight Rain is better balanced, creamier and has more warmth to it. I feared this would be as heavy on the patchouli as Angel, but this is different - much better in my opinion.

MR isn't more expensive than fragraces from D&G or Chanel, so I don't mind the pricetag for a frag of this quality. The longevity is about 4-6 hours on me, or even longer but after that it's more of a soft, sweet skinscent (same as other high end frags). After about 4-5 hours I feel like I want to refresh, to make it stronger.
Sillage is good and I usually spray 3-4 spritzes. I wore it to work and when I came back into my office after being out, I could smell the fragrance lingering in the room, but not like a punch in the face. The beautiful aroma was just there.

I will get a lot of pleasure out of this bottle and I'm looking forward to dark autumn nights smelling this good. It's a perfect match! Try it for yourselves if you get a chance.

UPDATE 2. oct 2014: My boyfriend told me yesterday that MR was a bit too strong for his liking, which really made me sad as I don't want use it around him anymore :(, BUT I still love it! Just wanted to add it to my review, for those of you who's interested in opinions from men.

mystica

Full bodied is the best description for this extra feminine scent. Midnight Rain is slightly smoky, enveloping, sweet and creamy. The sillage is enormous and longevity is superb. Yes I believe it deserves its price too.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

I Silver Rain and absolutely adore it. I had high hopes for this one, but sadly, it doesn't work on my skin.
It has the same loud screechy patchouli note that is in Angel. If that note was not there OR if it had the chewy, earthy patchouli note, I am sure this would be a winner for me.
I love the guava note that comes though and the overall creaminess, but the patchouli ruins it for me. It just overpowers all the other notes. If you are as cautious about patchouli as I am, try this before you buy it.

twoteacakes
twoteacakes

I blind bought a used purse spray of this (7.5ml) for a ridiculously expensive price. I was intrigued by the reviews and I have to admit I was seduced by the bottle which is just amazing. This is one of those fragrances where as soon as you sniff it from the bottle, you just know it's special. Yes it has fruits and is has patchouli, but don't put it in the same class as those horrible modern fruitichoulis. No, no, this is all class. It's rich, deep, enveloping, seductive, creamy. I spray one decent spray in the morning and it lasts until bedtime and beyond. In fact my husband (who doesn't like perfumes much and has to be threatened to comment on my newest purchases) woke me up this morning and kissed me and said 'mm you smell lovely'. It is fruity and sweet but not in a chemically, cloying way. It's heart and base notes are beautifully warm and creamy. The word I would use to describe this scent is 'lush'. Quality stuff, and when my bottle runs out I will save as long as necessary to secure at least one large bottle, maybe two, in case it is ever discontinued. I have found a new love.

Sannee77
Sannee77

For Christ's sake, why do I always have to fall in love with the most expensive perfumes?! This is heaven in a bottle, smooth, rich, dark and very sexy. Midnight Rain, a silky dress and a pair of high heels...

I'm a huge Flowerbomb fan, and La Prairie Midnight Rain goes in the same sweet, patchouli-and-orchid rich category. Slight differences though, Midnight Rain is more full-bodied, doesn't have Flowerbomb's attitude.

Before you go and try this; be warned, it's addictive!

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

If you like this but find it overpriced I would try Katy Perry's Purr and I believe you will find it very similar and a lot cheaper. It may come down to how you feel about black glitter vs. lilac cats.

ecerusen
ecerusen

on my arm, at the opening, it smells similar with black xs for men. it is good for me because sometimes i use black xs for men, i like it. and i'm happy now i can use black xs-like perfume for women :)

magnetic, sugary perfume. sugary but floral at the same time. its not an attractive or seductive but when you want to smell cute and good, you can go with this.

khatsar
khatsar

This fragrance makes me think of a tropical garden after an evening rain. In fact, Midnight Rain evokes the memory of a childhood visit to southeast Asia. Fruity top notes and an earthy base combine to form a rich, lush scent that's sultry, yet light.

Upon first spray, it opens quite sweetly, with guava and pomegranate dominating. I'm not the biggest fan of fruity openings-- however, these notes are realistic and full-bodied as opposed to making me feel like I just jumped into a bag of gummi worms. Patchouli and vanilla soften and round out the sweetness, keeping the fruit from falling flat. The cashmere, patchouli and musk impart sensuality and the barest hint of androgyny to the composition. Overall impression: sweet, smooth, fresh and glamourous. I've certainly never smelled anything like this at the mall.

Midnight Rain is such a rich and pleasant scent to my nose. I can absolutely understand why it's a bit polarizing, though. The interaction between tropical fruits and patchouli/musk comes across as either cacophonous or transcendent depending on one's palate and skin chemistry. I was very skeptical when I blind bought my slightly used bottle for a ridiculously low price, and I couldn't be happier!

I wore this to lunch earlier and my pashmina smells WONDERFUL. :)

Nomen
Nomen

I just had to copy this from the "Love at first sniff" topic for all you Midnight Rain lovers:
My craziest love at first sniff (literally) was La Prairie Midnight Rain.
Earlier I've been ignoring it because I thought that the price was ridiculous.
Then I found myself at an airport, having lots of time to kill between the flights, so I tested the scents around. I spotted this one and was like "Well, whattahell, let's give it a try". And I had that blind prejudice: it's so not worth it.
Guess what - as soon as I sprayed it I took it to the counter so solemnly and humbly and in love, as I was bringing a bride to the alter

Eneli
Eneli

I finally got my hands on both Silver and Midnight Rain. And all I can say is that those perfumes were worth every single penny! The more I sniff myself the more I love them, both. I sprayed Silver Rain on one of my wrist and Midninght Rain on the other, so I'm pretty much in heaven right now. Guava and patchouli are most outstanding on my skin. So unforgettable and different.

I remember testing Silver Rain sometime last year and finding it a little too heavy on the berries. When I read that Midnight Rain also featured dominant fruity accords, I must admit that I feared it to be just as potent as its predecessor.

Thankfully Midnight Rain is the kind of fruity scent that I enjoy. It's a well rounded blend of pomegranate, guava, sugary orchid, plum blossom, patchouli and musk. It reminds me of the original Euphoria by Calvin Klein in lots of ways.

This black, glittery tear-drop bottle is possibly one of my all-time favourite bottle designs. It's eye-catching, mysterious and super sexy. I'm so glad that the fragrance matches the outer packaging.

I'm starting to believe that I'm a bit of a fan of guava in perfume. Every guava dominant fragrance I've tried has been a success. In Midnight Rain, this is no different. In this composition it lends a sweet, tropical and smooth aroma. What I love most about Midnight Rain is that these fruit notes are not overly sweet nor too juicy. They work perfectly alongside the floral heart and earthy drydown.

I would wear Midnight Rain exclusively as a night-time fragrance on a mild Summer's night. Paired with some sexy attire and a pair of heels, this fragrance has some serious potential. It's quite a seductive fragrance, especially towards the base where it begins to smell sweet and creamy.

La Prairie can be a little pricey for some, however there's no denying that Midnight Rain has excellent projection and longevity. When you weigh it all up, you're paying to own a fantastic scent packaged in a spectacular bottle. Totally worth it, at least in my opinion.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Delicious! I get mostly patchouli with some vanilla fruit. I really like this for Fall & Winter or a cold Spring or Summer evening.

iloveloulou
iloveloulou

OMG! one of the best perfumes ever..a lil expensive but its ok if u can afford it just buy one bottle and see how classy and sexy it is!

Damag
Damag

This beauty is indeed very similar to forbidden euphoria, sweeter & more girly in my opinion but they are very similar! I have a love and hate relationship with forbidden euphoria which is why I have wned it twice and swapped it both times lol I enjoy midnight rain a lot more since is less masculine imo and lasts longer!

antfarm
antfarm

Sorry to be one of the first ones to knock it, but...booooorrriiing. The bottle looked so interesting, but the juice inside is pretty run-of-the-mill.

It starts out pretty and intriguing with the unusual, realistic guava note. However, this quickly fades, and all I am left with is a conventional fruity-nilla-chouli like every other perfume in the mall.

This smells a lot like Secret Craving body spray from Victoria's Secret, but I like Secret Craving a lot better (and it's about 1/7 of the price of Midnight Rain).

LaSilvia
LaSilvia

This perfume is made in heaven !
Its so unique and sexy ans sensous ! Men fall for it like crazy ! Its a very heavy scent and therefore great for evenings. Its powdery sweet and this is one of my favourites. Its a very luxurious scent and you can be sure to get alot of attention with this one.
Its perfect!

yacoco
yacoco

Ice cream in bottle lovely

Athanasia2702
Athanasia2702

Plum is dominating in this perfume. It is sweet, but in a very sophisticated way.

For nice and quiet women. It has some of a Swiss mentality: top quality, immaculate results, but still not prominent at the first moment.

Puppypaws
Puppypaws

Inherited this from my late, beloved Grandmother. She really got into the La Prairie line later in life. This is one of the all-time greatest, most memorable scents I've ever encountered. The sillage and longevity are both to be reckoned with, and it leaves an everlasting impression on those lucky enough to encounter it.

I am not so shocked at the price, as everything from La Prairie is extravagent, if not outrageous. If you can get your hands on a sample of this, from La Prairie or Sephora, even a small vial will provide a long-lasting scent for days.

Overall:

Sillage: 8/10

Added bonus: The bottle itself is an original design, which looks great on top of your dresser drawers. My friend describes the bottle as something out of a Harry Potter book.

la mariposa
la mariposa

One of the best perfume ever ! :)

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I find this to be an intensely sweet, guava patchouli fragrance on me. Because patchouli is already sweet on me, the guava puts it over the top...into headache territory for me.

emeraldgirl
emeraldgirl

My husband bought me this at the airport. It's one of the few fragrances I have that he likes. I wear it when we go out in the evenings. It's a little too heady for during the day but sometimes I wear it then too just to feel decadent. It lasts a long time which on me is unusual. It reminds me of Calvin Klein Obsession which I sometimes wore in the early 90s but is much much nicer.

What is it about this expression, "Angel clone", that I do not understand? I know what ANGEL is. I believe that I understand the meaning of the word 'clone'. Why is every other sweet floriental in The Holey[sic] Book dismissed derisively as an "Angel clone"? Oh well.

La Prairie MIDNIGHT RAIN, unlike SILVER RAIN, conveys through its name the basic nature of the perfume. There is a darkness, a somewhat purple or dark blue richness, to this composition, which also features amber and therefore evokes in my mind memories of PRADA for her. MIDNIGHT RAIN, however, is lighter on the amber and a lot sweeter than the Prada creation. Still, I find them to be much closer olfactory neighbors than either one of them is to, say, Thierry Mugler ANGEL!

MIDNIGHT RAIN smells much richer and more inviting to me than SILVER RAIN for some reason, which seems in some ways odd, since I doubt that there is a significant difference in the quality of materials used. For whatever reason, MIDNIGHT RAIN hangs together better on my skin and to my nose. It's a rich, sweet, dark, and rather fruity amber perfume which, although a touch too sweet for me, should appeal to anyone who likes fruity florals but is looking for something a bit more formal and perfect for long winters' nights.

seventh
seventh

I just smelled it at the Beautybase.This is a copy of All about Eve from Joop. i have wait and see how will develope. lovely frag though.

tinda
tinda

First time I smelt this stuff on the airport I fell in love with, and I coudnt find anywhere because i didnt remember the name and is a very rare perfume
It comes from Switzerland.
I found ewentualy couple years ago, bottle is quite unsual and now i have it :)
I use at the evening on the special occassions is very strong sweet scent, my favourite from all!
shame is so expensive

bashe
bashe

this was a slap in my face...they should put warnings on the bottle. makes me kind of sick, like after 20 roller coaser rides..but on the other hand I do admire people who can wear it. it´s a total love or hate perfume..so love it or leave it...

bacall
bacall

I bought this enchanting fragrance blind thanks to great reviews via this awesome site, and oh my sweetness I was not dissapointed! It is sooooooo flipping sexy & charming! Regal albeit soft....musky and bold with a hint of tobacco (possibly the woodsy note) - reminiscent of Clive Christian No1 for men which is not overtly masculine. However, this is way too sweet and refined to be considered masculine as I cannot stand unisex fragrances. Also smells similar to my Pierre de lune by armarni privee collection, of which is ultra feminine and floral. However, Midnight Rain is more striking and complex. Overall i cannot ignore how mysteriously sweet and well blended this masterpiece is not to mention the quirkiness of the bottle which really suits the contents within! Just gorgeous! Thanks for introducing me guys :)))

noninoni
noninoni

A friend of mine was wearing this in my car and i had to open all 4 windows. It gave me a big headache.

deedee <3
deedee <3

Im in love in midnight rain ;)

cikcik
cikcik

Starts with sweet fruity vanilla. Slowly you get some spicy undertones. Then comes musk and it gets creamy. l don't know if it was my skin or the almost finishing tester, or maybe l it was because l sprayed it only once, but it did not last long. The sillage was not good either. That's sad, cause l liked it... Maybe l can give it another try in the summer.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I've been dying to try this for so long and finally got the opportunity.
This opens with a burst of lively tropical fruits and flowers, very bright, but not at all 'Floral-Fruity-esque', this is a more mature combination, though by no means old and quite heady, like a tropical island. Then it gets buttery and smooth, with woody notes coming out more, the fruity notes quietening as it dries down, but still there, the cashmere wood giving it all a graceful touch. Really wonderful, but that price tag is quite ridiculous. So, while I really like it, I will survive without it...though unwillingly :P

Maylone
Maylone

I am really interested in smelling this. No matter how advanced we get with technology, my dream of instant "smell-o-vision" will never come true!

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

This is a sweeter version of Euphoria & similar to forbidden kiss cacharel .. delicious stuff .. but too pricey ..

I.I
I.I

I like it but not as much as I would have imagined.
Though I allways like spicy scents, this perfume has a ..twist that kind of keeps me away.
I don't know what it is, I like patchouli very much, but then maybe it's a compination of many different materials which creates this impression, maybe patchouli and vetiver together, I don' t know.
For those who haven't smelled it, keep in mind, it's not a mild and soft perfume and it is almost exclusively intented for nights, IMHO.
I would gladly accept this as a present but I wouldn't, no I wouldn't buy this.
And it's nice but WAY too overpriced.

nikitajade
nikitajade

I love the soft, spicy rose of this fragrance, and so does my fiance. It is subtle enough for day, and elegant enough for night. Granted, it's expensive but I find it worth the price. I spray it in the morning and can still smell it in the afternoon. I get some pomegranate, but don't find it overwhelmingly fruity at all. I have just a slight love affair with this perfume. It's one of the best buys I've ever made.

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

Oh my god this is AMAAAAAAAZING! Too bad the price is so high. I probably never will be able to afford it :(
Smells better than Flowerbomb, Coco Mademoiselle or other 'beloved by all' perfumes. This is the one that should be on the number one place of numerous top perfumes lists! Really.
I want it, I need it, but I can't have it :P Nooooohhh!

Migotka
Migotka

Knowing the price, I wish I did not like it so much. I wishI could say it is awful and move on. But it is the third or fourth time I am sampling this one, and Midnight Rain never fails at captivating my nose.

Although from the bottle I expected something heavier, Midnight Rain is fleeting and light. Very hard to describe- if I was looking for poetic metaphors, I might be talking about a skin bushed by silk or something alike. MR is very delicate. The woody-tropical notes are so prominent here, it is probably the first fragrance that really smells of exotic fruit without being sweet, playful and Escada'ish. So tropical fruit can smell mature and classy after all! Apart from the fruit, I can smell a lot of cashmere wood and lilies, and musk brings in some powderiness. If you look for cheaper alternatives, Salvador Dali's Laguna is a distant cousin.

suile
suile

I so want to love this one because of the bottle, but there is a 1980s touch to it that bores me now.

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

It's a great scent - fruity but very sophisticated. Nice bottle, amazing quality. I'd describe it as a mix of tropical flowers and fruits with musk, wood and patchouli. I naturally hate patchouli but here it adds a touch of sexy edginess.

I usually don't say anything about the price but i have to say that this is WAY too expensive. OK, the skin products are worth the money, but this is ridiculous. It doesnt make the skin younger or cleaner or something, it's just a perfume!!! They're just taking the money because it's La Prairie...

So, if you like warm fruity smells and money is not an issue for you - this is your ideal perfume... Since I don't get that much money this is a no-no for me... So sad, this is one of the best perfumes I've ever smelled :-(

channmya
channmya

Except from price, The Best Perfume in the world!!!

mseidoom
mseidoom

I was curious about this perfume for awhile now and I got a chance to test it. It's a very rich fruity floral. Many of you below, either love it or hate it but this is right up my alley. It smells a little bit like DKNY Be Delicious Night and JLO Glow After Dark. I prefer this over the both of them. It's fruity, a tiny bit musky and I don't get hit with a patchouli bomb when I wear it.

isabella211
isabella211

absolutely beautiful. one of my clients was wearing this and i just had to know what it was. she told me she gets hers at nordstroms and they are almost always sold out. i can smell why. it's like the warmest, fruity, sensual smell. like expensive fruit and vanilla cashmere. this is definantly a "dressed to the nines" type of fragrance, but i would wear it everyday any how. i can just picture my self "jetsetting" in this one. tres chic!

anna.023
anna.023

Wow what a beutiful bottle.. I never care about bottles, but wow, Im truley amazed. I think I want this only for this stunning bottle.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

Definitely people guide their opinions for the price of the perfume as if everything was expensive it was wonderful!
this is a scent so common, simple, repetitive, no personality, more of the same.
It smells like sweet, cheap and pharmacy perfume and does not deserve to cost more than $ 10.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

My favourite one from La Prairie for sure. It is sweet but not heavy. I couldn't pick out the pachouli and was actually surprised to see it listed here. I like this fragrance a lot. It is not for casual wear in my opinion, more suitable for evening or special occasions.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I've smelled and or tested all the La Prairie perfumes and Midnight Rain is the only one of them all that I actually quite like. I find the others to be incredibly average, quite mundane scents with a way too high price tag.

Midnight Rain is stylish, sophisticated and serene. It's not too heavy, not too light. A nice, likeable scent with a cool bottle!

Cutie
Cutie

I just got it for myself as a b-day present. Love at first smell. Unusual, timeless, sexy... It is not for casual use. A formal gown would be more appropriate (or at least a cocktail dress). It starts as something exotic, sophisticated, and classy. It stays intriguing for a long time and quietly goes to a comforting sweetness.

This is a good fruity floral and I like it. I wouldn't buy it though, because the price is too high and I do not like it enough then :)

Ingriface
Ingriface

I wanted Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb, but then I smelled this. It's sweet, too sweet at first, but then after about half-an hour it evens out and turns out to be a wonderful, warm perfume perfect for a night out. It's only letdown is the price, took a long time before I bought it.

sunnyshine
sunnyshine

gorgeous but sooooo expencive...

elenaleal
elenaleal

I LIKE THIS PERFUME SO MUCCH! I get tons on compliments on this, It is very sweet but not the kind that would give you a headache.. It is not similar to anything i have smelled before and it really makes you stand out, in a good way. Probably my favorite perfume so far :) and one of the sexiest perfumes i have ever smelled.

lucifera
lucifera

this is with capital perfect for me, light but stays on for the skin for a long time and not that overwhelming, my signature summer scent soo fruity!

Katrusya31
Katrusya31

It is a very nice perfume, floating in the nightair perfectly...

justpeachy
justpeachy

This is one of my favorite night fragrances: on me, Midnight Rain is a beautiful burst of rich fruit juice with a quiet white floral heart, and the most wonderful woodsy spice. It's not heady but it's enveloping, deep and complex - the name of the perfume is very apt. I love to wear it at night, but it's also surprisingly pleasant on a hot summer day after it's calmed down, when it seems dry and sweet-spicy.

However, a caveat: when one of my friends tried it on, it didn't work at all with her body chemistry, morphing into sickly fruits and sharp woods. I tend to think this is just one of those perfumes that teeters on the edge between extraordinary and terrible, depending on how it interacts with the natural smell of your skin.

But, all in all, I find this perfume just sexy, like the pouring rain on a hot summer's night. Pricy, yes, but well-worth every glistening drop.

perfumepsych
perfumepsych

THE MOST TROPICAL, LUXURIOUS, RADIATING SCENT!
IT IS HAPPY AND MOOD-LIFTING!
I CAN GET POMENGRATE, LILY AND ORCHID MOSTLY ON MY SKIN!
I CAN'T DECIDE WHETHER I WOULD CALL IT AN ORIGINAL SCENT OR RATHER MAINSTREAM BUT THE FACT IS THAT IT IS A MAGNIFICENT SCENT!
IT STARTS FRUITY AND SPARKLING BUT
THE DRYDOWN IS SWEET AND SEXY!
IT IS LONG-LASTING AND WITH GREAT SILLAGE!

teddito
teddito

My sexiest perfume ever!
So modern, tropical, juicy and luxurious, with both great opening and drydown.Fruit here are very well blended, there is nothin sharp or sickening.Give it a try, worths the money.

today I tested both this one and Silver Rain.at the first sniff I liked Silver rain(fruitier and fresher),but as the time passed I realized that I like this one more.
after the first vague moments of applying it,it turns to be something sweet and sexy;a very nice accord of fruity notes with florals and cashmere.
but it's not a typical floral fruity.
this is definitely a modern perfume,in a modern bottle.if I knew this one sooner I would buy it instead of J'aime La Nuit.

melia
melia

WOUW! When I sprayed it on a paper I didn't pay attention to it, because I saw many more to try out and I was confused with other smells so I didn't notice the opening to much. When I came home, I smelled it again, and it was a wonderful scent! Now, 2 days later, it's still there. 'It' = a warm floral fruity, the way I like it. Not this piercing freshness, and not childish at all; I would even see myself wearing this in my 30ies and 40ies. Maybe I'm even to young for it now. The drydown is very typical but nice to recognize. I would like to have it in my collection, it is pricey though...

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

This one smells good on me but I think it smells exactly like some other perfyme,can´t figure wich one though, not Angel. Write it when I have figured it out =)

karlee79
karlee79

very strong at first, but wears down to an amazing smell you cant forget! tryed it once in a Holt Renfrew

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Sweet and fruity but grown up,just lovely!I wish i could afford it..

c3c
c3c

This is sugary sweet with soft floral & fruity tones. Nothing new you might say, but it is truly different than any other perfumes I have. It vaguely reminds me of YSL Cinema. It certainly has the same class & style. Midnight rain is fruitier than Cinema, and a bit more "light hearted", I love both. Plus MR has a fabulous dry down when something akin to vanilla creeps in. Yum! I only wish my husband liked it as much as I do.

I do have to say I totally disagree that it smells even slightly reminiscent of Angel. Who knows, maybe it's just extreme chemistry differences.

Thankfully the original $125 price tag I once saw has been softened, especially if you hunt down the right deal on ebay. Now that I can actually validate the price tag I finally purchased a full bottle in addition to my purse spray and can wear it whenever I want without fear of running out. Love it!

I think it's safe to say if you'd like a fruitier, slightly more casual version of Cinema this borders it. Check it out!

guest_myrth
guest_myrth

OMG this is the perfect fragrance for autumn/winter period and long summernight parties. So seductive, so deep n sooo full-bodied.
Sweet-floral-fruity; one of a kind n is a grown up scent not just a sweet slipslop. Draws thousands of compliments.
Deffinetely worths the price.

babybomb
babybomb

My mum gave me a little tube of this that came with the facial product stuff she bought the other day. thinking it would be a awful old smelling scent i tried some on, but actually it wasn't too bad!
Didn't really like the opening notes tho.. like other's below said it smelt a bit like rotting fruit...but absolutely loved the dry down! It was like a combination of vanilla and musk with a hint of manderin. perfect for winter~ however when i finish this little tube i don't think i would go buy the whole thing. Not perfect in my view :p

Arexyz
Arexyz

I like the bottle, realy nice, fragrance is little bit strong for me but the body milk is great (and bottle is also cute :-D)It´s vanilla sweet and fruity ... yes I want it, it is very deep feminine fragrance suitable for special occasion or for hot summer party.

guest_Amarilla
guest_Amarilla

Midnight Rain is PERFECTION IN A BOTTLE. Nothing else to say...
I love Silver Rain too and La Prairie's Body Spray is absolutely amazing and longlasting. Seems like L.P. makes fragrances for me :)

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I wanted very badly to like this perfume, as I tested it in a Neiman Marcus a few years ago and remember being extremely impressed.

I sampled it tonight on my skin and have decided that my tastes must have changed drastically! I think Miss Nightingale really hit the spot with her description of almost-rotting fruit...

Opening notes are very, very sweet in an almost nauseating way to me. Oddly, at some points it reminded me of a sweeter version of Ange Ou Demon, as I definitely got the white lily note in the middle. The only part of this scent I enjoyed was the dry-down, which ended up surprisingly musky with just the right hint of patchouli.

I will say I think the bottle is super cool...but I just can't wear this again.

XSX
XSX

I would describe this a s a fruity version of Noa Chacarel; a little bit spices added also. Despite of some bad reviews I read here, this is a really good perfume, sexy and feminine, with a pretty good lasting power.

I would also like to compliment the bottle - very funky and very glam rock.

autumn93
autumn93

Reminds me a lot of Tom Ford Black Orchid, just a little more "cotton candy-ish."

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

My mother always told me "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" but I have always held with Dorothy Parker: "If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me..."

An utterly horrific concoction in every sense, I'm afraid. The bottle is some sort of prototype Darth Vader helmet design that has been covered in glittery nail polish by an over-excited toddler. Not a good first impression and there's only worse to come.

Perhaps on some of you this will be glorious, but on me the overwhelming opening notes are a confused melange of ripe (almost rotting!) fruit that has a background of fake chocolate and flowers. On a blind test I would have sworn this was a cheap copy-cat of Angel (which I also loathe - so if you're an Angel lover you may safely assume we have different tastes and ignore me completely!) but just look at the brand. One would expect so much more from so prestigious a company.

On paper I should love this, a lot of my favourite notes are there, yet I don't get a single one of them. Sadly, this is sickly and jarring on my skin.

Silvery
Silvery

It's a very pleasurable and nice comforting winter scent. Silky sweet, but absolutely not sickening. I can smell a harmonic lily scent, which is very appealing to my nose :) But lasting power is not very good... What a pity :S

guest_mseidoom

Thanks for the info, at least the patchouli is light.

pimpnazt

it's balanced quite well, and actually, unless you know to look for it, the patchouli isn't easily detected.

guest_mseidoom

Does Midnight Rain smell mostly of patchouli or it's balanced with flowers and fruit?

pimpnazt

I'm not sure what I smell. I just experienced this wonderful scent through a magazine strip today, but it's an unusual, unforgettable fragrance. I would love to add this to my collection.

2007

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about La Prairie Midnight Rain fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about La Prairie Midnight Rain, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Midnight Rain by La Prairie. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Midnight Rain by La Prairie represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.