Designers » L » Oriental Floral « Groups

Silver Rain La Prairie for women

Silver Rain La Prairie for women
dislike

Silver Rain La Prairie for women Pictures Silver Rain La Prairie for women Pictures Silver Rain La Prairie for women Pictures Silver Rain La Prairie for women Pictures Silver Rain La Prairie for women Pictures Silver Rain La Prairie for women Pictures Silver Rain La Prairie for women Pictures Silver Rain La Prairie for women Pictures Silver Rain La Prairie for women Pictures Silver Rain La Prairie for women Pictures

The first fragrance from the top-of-the-line Swiss cosmetics brand, La Prairie. Silver Rain creators were inspired by the phenomenon that takes place in spring in the mountains of the Alps. Rain is transformed into ice crystals of breathtaking beauty. In the spring ,these crystal melt and fall from the height of 1000 feet. This is called “ silver rain”. This fragrance includes rare ingredients from all over the world. Top notes include spicy green apple, citrusy-floral accord of Verbena Blossom from the South of France, dewy red fruits, anise oil from Thailand and bergamot from Calabria. At its heart, Moroccan red rose petals meet Chinese star magnolia, tropical Agarwood and night-blooming Indian jasmine, leaving a trail of warm red sandalwood, creamy Tonka bean from Venezuela, heliotrope, vanilla from Madagascar and mix of different musks. The perfume was created by Claude Dir in 2004. The Silver Rain collection includes numerous limited editions of this perfume: Silver Rain Shimmer Mist (2006), Silver Rain Brilliance, Silver Rain Cachette

Coriander Blackberry Green Apple Lemon Verbena Anise Bergamot

Magnolia Plum Jasmine Red Rose Sugar Gardenia Tuberose

Tonka Bean Patchouli Agarwood (Oud) Vanilla Red Sandalwood Musk Heliotrope

Silver Rain Fragrance Reviews

jean-marc sinan
jean-marc sinan

[Review originally posted on MakeupAlley in 2005]:
Excuses for the bluntness and lack of content in this review, but after the La Prairie Original Eau de Parfum this is a HUGE disappointment, devastating...
So much hype and a high price for something standard, innocuous, ordinary, and even unpleasant.
La Prairie: why did you discontinue your misstresspiece and replace it with this?! A conundrum.

nordhaul
nordhaul

Very disappointing. I had this on some tissues
(to make scented Kleenex) and upon sniffage
it smelled good but so WEAK. I put ALOT on
too. Notes are mostly PEACH with a bit of
violet(?) or something. But weak, weak,
weak for the massive price. ...Peace...

polly golightly
polly golightly

ho accettato uno scambio sulla base delle note della piramide olfattiva, ma i floreali difficilmente mi piacciono perchè sono un campo minato per me. e infatti la giustapposizione di verbena, gelsomino, gardenia, rosa etc etc con note fruttate e resine ha l'effetto di un miscuglio esplosivo. il profumo parte con sentori freschi, quasi polposi, di frutta rossa, che vira su fiori vari, per assestarsi infine sul patchouli. bello, si dirà. magari lo è, ma io proprio non lo sopporto. uno di quei profumi che sono concepiti per la "donna moderna" come ce ne sono tanti e come tanti non mi piace. ovvio e strasentito.

La DameDeNoir
La DameDeNoir

Disclaimer: this is a personal opinion about this fragance and not a criticism against the people who use it or like it.

Do not be cheated by the sheer and elegant bottle and the ridiculous high price tag. This is a very common and plain scent, like its little sister Midnight Rain. Just candied apple and some patchouli, the same kind of sickening note that has Nina and many other fruitchouly perfumes. This one is a bit more flowery, and nothing else. I am pretty sure you can find better perfumes for such price.

giokaal
giokaal

I get this lovely smell of rain!!! wet soil in a good sense
Crushed flowers raindrops and a hint of mint or is it verbena??
My ultimate autumn fragrance!! Praying for a rainfall as an excuse to wear this luxurious creation!!! Silver rain IMO hates direct sunlight!!!
Give it humidity and a comfy raincoat
And you have yourself a miracle!!!
As for the bottle what is to be said? Artistic yet "la prairie" classy!!!!
If you're having difficulty opening the bottle just give it a gentle twist!!!

Thanks
G.

ParfumAmour
ParfumAmour

Deliciously fresh and light, this scent is uplifting, delicate, modern and feminine.
It is expensive, but lasts extremely well. The packaging is beautiful too.
I would compare this with YSL Paris in terms of being easy to wear, can go from day to night effortlessly, and has an expensive classic fragrance.

bronstein
bronstein

It smells of much mango and some heavy cosmetics. Not really my cup of tea and pointless. This one is nothing in comparison to Prairie's Life Threads line.

Sweet with sourness. Blackberries, patchouli,sugar, vanilla... I thought that I would like it, but I didn't.

DarlingNikki
DarlingNikki

I hate leaving bad reviews because noses and tastes are bound to differ, but that this definitely isn't the way I pictured this smelling. Quite masculine to my nose at first spray (must be the combination of oud and patchouli) and I don't think it will get any better. Thankfully I just sprayed it on a blotter and not on my skin. This is not my taste or style at all and I was hoping it would be. I think it should be labelled as balsamic first, not fruity or sweet as I don't get any of that in the opening. A real dud (for me)...

Juliana6
Juliana6

This is a perfume for The Modern Lady! Incredibly sophisticated, rich, carefully made, sweet, classic and timeless! Reminds me the same classic vibes we can feel in Chanel creations.
For The Lady with a secret, with her secret desires.
The opening on me is juicy and fresh, a realistic berry and fruit mixture. First rain drops in a deep wood where the wild and forbidden fruits can be found. Then that freshness becomes softer, and I feel the flowers (especially the mild rose, the shy jasmine and the wild magnolia) with raindrops on their petals. A secret garden deep in the forest. And the base- a reserved sensuality, a glance, her fingers touching her hair, the rain "slowly walking outside" and waiting for her. Dark wood, moonlight, rain, gentle rain sounds, scents of the humid earth, trees and flowers. And there's something (or somebody) in that velvety darkness, so desired, so sensual, so exciting...
Drives me crazy and wakes up my sensuality. My next purchase for sure!

archivist
archivist

I love the opening of this - it smells incredibly clean without any nose-puckeringly dry synthetic white detergent musk.

Something I like very much about this is that it actually smells like sugar. Not *sugary* but like smelling a bowl full of sugar crystals (yes, I stuck my face up close to the sugar bowl to verify). That's very different from just smelling "sweet" or "sugary" - the clean is pure white crystalline sugar crystals, not a cup of borax. Sugar has a specific smell and it's not as sweet in the nose as it is on the tongue.

In the middle it does get very berry. I am not huge on wearing this much berry in general, but the crisp crystal sugar and the oud balance out the blackberries. Oud is not a note I'm not ordinarily at all keen on, but the oud in Silver Rain is the kind that reads as a kind of metallic, mineral coolness in the nose and it is really, really nice.

Sometimes oud is animalic or leathery, or rotty wood, or a medicinal bitterness or gasoline fume. I've smelled more awful ouds than good (to my nose). There is wood in Silver Rain but it's the nice sandalwood base, not the oud. The oud in this is mostly mineral - like the smell of a glass of plain Perrier but more intense. Minerals and a slightly salty edge. It's a very different kind of clean smell. Not soapy, not musky, but mineral spa.

I'll have to live with it for a little while, but on first wearing it may be a keeper. If this works out, it will be the first heavy on the berries scent I've ever owned for more than a week. Unless you count Ume, a green plum scent that I love to distraction.

And it's blackberries, to my nose. Very dark blackberries. Not too sweet, thanks to the other notes.

What I don't smell (and is listed as a note): anise, which is a note I dislike intensely and am sensitive to. No anise in my nose. No rose. No lime. Maybe lemon verbena but I have to go looking for it. No overt vanilla or tonka, but those could be part of the definite sandalwood accord. I guess I could see apple, but not fruit apple - more like the metaphorical "apple" in apple shampoo. Overall the many notes given in the scent description are so well blended that I'm hard pressed to single anything out except the blackberries, sugar, and mineral oud. There's a lot more going on, but the gestalt is just... Really well blended. Which is very different from "hot mess of too much stuff."

The price of this perfume has dropped substantially, particularly through discounters. I would not have paid hundreds of dollars for a bottle, but it is most definitely worth $50-$75.

jellybeantree

I love this one , its sweet but rich and inviting , I have worn this in winter and summer and got tons of compliments ! It's an all year rounder. What I love about it is the quality and how it lasts a very long time! I got it for a good price on internet and I am as happy as a child! Not many people wear this and I haven't smelt it on others at home or when I travel. I don't agree with the previous comment saying it smells like a celebrity fragrance. The quality of this one is much higher. The bottle is beautiful as well!

Gosha
Gosha

As with my previous review of a fragrance from this brand - Life Threads Gold - this is somehow universal. Universal in the sense that it doesn't have its own face or a spine for that matter. Silver rain would not be that bad, don't get me wrong - it's a sweetish fruity floral that is actually quite pleasant. I actually enjoy breathing it in those (reasonably) long hours it lasts in the same way I enjoy breathing in the wafts of a cheap, generic fruity body lotion. So - yeah, it wouldn't be that bad if it were branded as such (an optimistic fruity sweetish body lotion that this fragrance really evokes - to me anyway), I would be writing raving review. As it is, Silver rain is incredibly overpriced "celebrity-style" fragrance without a trace of personality. I simply can't remember what it smells like a few hours after it disappeared and I would definitely not recognize it should I come across someone wearing it.Yeah, generic is the right word to summarize this over-hyped, overpriced product that belongs right into the middle of the endless line of "modern" celebrity "creations".

It' not just another sweet scent. The oud notes gives it a darker undertone. I think it's not that sweet and easy-going as Midnight Rain. But, it's still sweet, alright. :)
I sense it as balsamic, fruity, full of vanilla and sugary notes.
It's definitely lovely and interesting warm scent. I was glad to try it.
Nice!

Peta22
Peta22

I received a couple of samples of this fragrance a couple of weeks ago and I did try it immediately but I think I must have tried a few at the same time and, somehow, this got lost in the mix. I wasn’t impressed and I haven’t given it a second thought since. Today I have picked it up again and sprayed it on my arm… Wow – this is very nice and VERY different! The initial spray is hugely fresh and green! It’s perhaps one of the freshest scents I have come across… I think this would be fantastic on a hot summers day! Then as it begins to dry down, it becomes quite fruity but still with that very fresh, cool, tang that it starts with although it’s blending into the background now. I’ll need to try it again and see how the longevity goes throughout the day. If it lasts, I’ll be keen to get hold of a full bottle at some stage. Maybe this is the fresh summer scent I’m looking for.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

I'm not very familiar of guava note in perfumes, but upon spraying, La Prairie Silver Rain strongly reminds me of a drink with guava flavour that I had tried before. It's a pungent, intense fruity smell mixed with a heavy dose of sugar. I'm fully aware that guava is a note listed in La Prairie Midnight Rain, but the sample I got was an offical one for Silver Rain. Unless it got mixed up by La Prairie themselves, I guess that's it then. :)

Afterwards, when Silver Rain gradually mellows, the guava impression does fade away, and I'm able to perceive it as a creamy mixture of juicy berries, plum, green apple and vanilla, with patchouli anchoring it. But overall, it remains quite sweet and the development is relatively linear. And I don't particularly smell any oud, contrary to it being voted quite high up above.

The longevity of Silver Rain is 12+. The sillage is relatively heavy, and the scent itself and its sweetness are quite intense. I'd recommend it to those who are more tolerant to sweet fragrances. But at the same time, I do feel a bit disappointed that it doesn't seem to have much depth or nuance on me.

9154mf
9154mf

I just sold my bottle. (Haha la prairie) I had this for a while it was ok I guess the ingredients seemed to be of quality but really this scent wasn't unique enough. I can think of half a dozen others it reminds me of. It's a deep spiced scent with a bit of everything there's depth from oud and vanilla not sweet some kind of citrus and perhaps some rose. It's quite a deep scent I would only wear this at night in winter. And it's not sweet although there are some gourmands in the base. I would almost like this scent- if the following had not happened. I tried to sell this a couple times on the most famous auction website and the tight people of la prairie must troll the site as my listing kept getting taken off for violation if copyright or some such rubbish! I used my own pics and there's others being sold there so don't know why I was targeted. In any case I sold it yesterday elsewhere and can confidently say I will NEVER buy or use any products by this company ever again.

Mimi Mihaela
Mimi Mihaela

I've wanted this perfume for 2 years now, and I finally got it as a present from my boyfriend. I think it smells like nothing else out there. It has an androgynous feel to it, without being masculine. The sweetness from the fruits gets deeper as the patchoulli sets in and the dryness makes it very rich and wearable. At the end, you are left with an air of fruit and delicious muskiness. You won't smell like anyone else around you. It has a concept behind it which you can see from the bottle and packaging and the character remains inside the fragrance. Very special and well thought out. I would wear it in the evenings, dressed in a chic dress, and on a cold day to warm up the senses.

Mnekb
Mnekb

This is the sweetest smell i've ever tried! I hated it first but it smelled wonderful after 30 minutes. It's a very strange perfume. It smells bitter and sweet at the same time. It has a very fruity sweetness which can be creamy or sparkly. I don't usually like too sweet and sugary perfumes but this is different! It's not sweet like teen perfumes. It has a mature sweetness. Warning: Not a safe fragrance! I'm sure there are a lot of people who hate this.

And that lasting power and sillage! It lasts forever and the sillage is "enormous".

helenplus
helenplus

I just love this perfume!It's all me, I feel comfortable wearing it anywhere and anytime, can't get enough, knowing it's there and smelling it around me all day makes me happy. It's heavy and long lasting, rich, gradiently revealing all it's riches.

onaona
onaona

Silver Rain is an odd bird, to be sure.

It's such a strange, beautiful creation. Sugar and aoud? Who in their right mind would put the two in the same flacon? Brilliant.

For me, Silver Rain is cold and aloof.....unemotional, yet I am drawn to it.

You'll detect the berries, the plum and the vanilla, but it's not what will touch you, not the source of the allure.

I feel as if Silver Rain takes me to a place I've never been, someplace pleasing, but slightly uncomfortable.

It's a sweet kiss while standing in a snowstorm.

anna.023
anna.023

This might not be much of a 'review' but I just have to share my happiness about this perfume!

Words can't describe how happy I am that I bought this! It's was a blind buy that didn't come cheap so I was naturally a bit concearned. But wow, was my worries wasted or what...

It's such a beauty. It's oh so rich, warm and cosy. It's elegant and mature. It has a very unique carachter of it's own, you can't confuse Silver Rain with something else. I love how versatile it is. I wear Silver Rain to work, to parties, to dinners.. Well, to 'anywhere' actually.

Silver Rain don't care for seasons and neither do I. This will by a full time lover, of that I'm sure. If you're in doubt about this fragrance - Stop. Buy it. Right now. You wont regret it...

When I bought this the choice was between Silver or Midnight Rain. I'm very glad I chose Silver Rain since I love it's complexity and versatility. It's unique AND wearable!

AmyEmporiadou
AmyEmporiadou

Grosh! I didn't expect this from la prairie. Although I apsolutely love midnight rain, silver rain is a hate for me. It smells really weard like sauer..It is just awful thank got I didnt buy it yesterday.

tpresley
tpresley

Love this, has been my signature scent for the past ten years and people stop me all the time to compliment me and ask where to find it. I have a unique look and like that this is not mainstream, but I am ready for something new that is equally disarming and unique.

merilynraudsepp
merilynraudsepp

At first i did'nt like it at all, it remind me a air freshener or maybe i even thought it to be interesting, remined me a peppermint but mostly a air freshener. But...now 4h later i actually like it! :)

feeg
feeg

I had this perfume many years back only in a small bottle. I found it too sweet although I like sweet perfumes. This was probably too sweet at the beginning but after 30 minutes I started to smell fruity tones. I know this perfume is something special but still I feel like there is something imbalanced in it and it just wasn't meant for my nose however is smelled really good on my skin. I would probably make it bit less sweet and would add some joy and freshness into it. It is really elegant yet not suitable for a 20 years old girl. Now that I'm 26 I am not sure if I'd want to wear it again. I should probably give it another smell and update my review later.

thejasmine13
thejasmine13

I used to work at a Clinique counter at a big department store and the La Prairie counter was one one side of me, the general fragrance counter on the other. This perfume was the one that stood out above all the others, it's the strongest fragrance I've ever smelt. It was a little too much having it sprayed all day next to you but it would be amazing with one light spray in the morning. It would definitely last you all day! It's sweet, rich, complex and smells as expensive as it is. I tried this several times and would love to own it if it weren't so expensive!

Eneli
Eneli

A blind buy but worth every single penny. Love it! Midnight Rain is good too, but this is even better, smells like nothing I ever smelled before. Not sure what notes do I smell (I'm not good at this) but who cares, it's all good!!! I sprayed Silver Rain on one of my wrist and Midninght Rain on the other, so I'm pretty much in heaven right now.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

Not bad. Not fabulous. A strong, sweet, woody fragrance. Doesn't turn funky after the dry-down like so many vanilla scents do. Smells expensive. Is expensive. But test it before you spend the money.

Casey Hayes
Casey Hayes

I disagree with recent reviews, I really do! I adore Silver rain! First I wanted to buy Midnight rain, but when I tried this one, I fell in love with it!
Radnik is right - wonderful, perfect, mysterious, unique, very long-lasting perfume!!! And it doesn't smell cheap, it worths its price. It's just not for everyone maybe, but don't call it bad - you'll be so wrong.

guillermostf
guillermostf

i tried it once, & i said: oh, it's no like rain but the drop/bottle. So, i think the name is pure fantasy to get some potencial buyers. To me, nothing special. Nice, very nice bottle.
I'm not a parfumer altough i wish be one, but i find more close to rain the DKNY MAN or the ECHO man by Davidoff with the steel note than this beatiful metalic drop with a cheapy scent inside.

A name like "Silver Rain" builds up expectations: will the perfume be watery and cool, tinged slightly blue like dyed white hair? Will it overlap with fragrances along the lines of Creed SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER? Will it shimmer like Calvin Klein TRUTH?

None of these proves to be the case in my experience of La Prairie SILVER RAIN. Unexpectedly, this turns out to be an abstract and sweetish floriental along the lines of ELLEN TRACY or Jessica Simpson FANCY or... fill in the blank. I'd like to believe that the impressive list of notes--boasting among other things, oud--might lift this composition out of the middling designer dredge territory. Alas, they do not. As the fragrance dries down, it smells more and more ordinary to me, and the quality of its solvents remind me more than anything of Chôpard WISH.

In The Holey[sic] Book, this perfume is characterized as an "Angel clone". I could not disagree more. This smells nothing like ANGEL, and I have no idea why anyone with a nose would say such a thing. Or is the confusion here about the meaning of the word 'clone'?

In the end, I can only recommend this perfume to those who like WISH and FANCY. Others will surely be disappointed.

[email protected]
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

:C i have it so long time because i cant wear it, its too heavy too sweet.

Shorokh
Shorokh

I have it for 3 months. I`m totally disappointed. Compared to all my other 15 perfumes this one seems dull, cheap, disharmonious. I wear it only when going out for a walk with my dog.

I find Silver Rain quite a fascinating fragrance. It's not what I had expected, and for that, I'm glad.

The first time I smelt this fragrance in the store, I was almost blown over backwards by the extent of its fruitiness. The blackberry accord is incredibly rich, jammy and sweet. I really liked the fact that it was sweet and fruity, despite the initial shock. My friend who was out shopping with me when I tried it, likened the opening to the scent of fruit salad.

Allowing Silver Rain to settle, I was once again surprised to find a more complex blend in the heart. It just keeps getting better. A sweet floral blend, made up of rose, jasmine and magnolia, tends to smooth out the fruitiness while still keeping things bold and fun.

I absolutely adore these raindrop inspired bottles. I'm so glad that the scent matches this exquisite bottle design.

The drydown is perhaps my favourite part in this fragrance's development. I loved the earthy and resinous blend of oud, patchouli and vanilla. The plum and blackberry accords are still present in these final moments, and blend beautifully with the balmy, oriental accords in the base. Silver Rain is such a sexy scent.

I'm not usually one of those girls that goes bananas over fruity scents, but this fragrance really rocks my socks. I can't wait to go back to the store and sniff it all over again. I highly recommend.

zuzuletta
zuzuletta

I really want this one and i am looking forward to buy it after graduation (master degree) june 2013 !!! It will be the perfect reward :)

heatherine
heatherine

This is definitely not a scent to judge from the bottle or on paper. Its opening is quite strong, almost harsh, but it settles very quickly and develops from there. Imagine the warm feeling that starts small, but grows and emanates outward when you imbibe a few sips of a good whiskey. This is Silver Rain. I won't bother with the notes because it's all been written before in these reviews. Suffice to say this is a complicated, beautiful and completely unique frag that throws a classy cocktail party on your skin all day long. Sillage - excellent, endurance - 8+ hours.

nikitajade
nikitajade

I get the same smoky cantalope note I get off In Black. Not sure which note causes that. However, it is certainly not the same. It has a floral undertone that In Black is lacking, and it develops a delectable spicy smell as it goes on. It's not overly sweet, it has a beautiful depth and development of notes. It's very sophisticated.

elysion
elysion

I got this as a present 2 days ago.
It strongly reminds me of Wish and that is the reason for loving this fragrance :):)

jellybeantree

I love this , and it will be in my collection very soon! The lasting power is very good, but isn't overpowering . I have dry skin so my skin obsorbs the fragrance. It's really sweet and classy.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

Absolutely useless trying this scent on the fly, from the cap, etc., that’s how I passed by silver and colored bottles for years (the SA said they all smell the same). Even wearing Silver rain for an hour made no big sense for me at first: light feminine vanilla with a non-fluffy/ non-yummy facet, there seemed nothing really remarkable about it except its longevity maybe.
But then something changed, I suddenly started feeling how addictive it could be, working like an imagination booster of a romance novel with high society story of love and seduction. “On second smell” a bit official blackberry with kind of yummy posh splashes depicts a glamorous lady with quite tempting essence. She attracts, then majestically keeps the distance, but doesn’t let you totally forget her. Never thought that I would ever call Silver rain the scent of temptation but now it really seems like that to me. Besides, I would place it to “deceptively obvious scents of a rich woman” category along with Isabey Gardenia Panouge which is less on a tempting, more on an elegant side though.
And all in all, Silver rain mini (2 ml) in the original bottle for under 5 euro is a very good deal.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

I just love this one so much.. and I just have no words to describe it.. LOVE LOVE LOVE

It too reminded me a little of Angel on paper. I liked it but didn't spray it on my skin, because for myself I found out that gourmands are nothing for me. Anyway, this scent made quite a nice impression and could be something for people who like perfumes like Angel. I find it very expensive nevertheless.

Siv55
Siv55

My husband liked the bottle this comes in and hovered by it in the perfume department and pointed it out to me. I'm not sure if he was going to buy it for me as a present, and I'll never know now, because I sprayed some and just LOATHED it. "Horrible!" I shrieked, to his disappointment. It was a cheap nasty-smelling shock. I'd expected something genius from La Prairie, and from the work of art bottle.
To my nose, this is Angel gone very wrong. The Angel has turned from the light of God, and gone to the dark side. It's just so jarring. I'm sorry I couldn't wait to see if it dried down into anything nice, I just sprayed an enormous amount of Dior Addict over the top to take the taste away :/
Sour apple and aniseed balls, reminded me of grenadine the drink. Like a cheap pink nylon nightie in liqued form >:(
Spend the money you might have spent on a single bottle of this on two bottles of something else, anything else, that's half decent.

LIN
LIN

Amazing!!! wonderful!! such a charming, expensive smelling, long lasting, sweet- oriental floral! I find it to be a warm deep scent, for a real lady! loved it from the first sniff!

Mehach
Mehach

I got this as a gift along with skin care products of La Prairie. I am fond of La Prairie skincare products which are really good. But this perfume smells exactly like Lalique Nilang which makes me gag. When I took the first whiff I remembered the terrible scent of Nilang and threw it away. I like the small drop shaped bottle so it can stay on my shelf but not on me. The staying power is good, I washed my wrist for 3-4 times later I washed with dish detergent but still it was there!! Ughh very cheap smell for high price.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

FINALLY ! i got today my miniature of Silver Rain (5 Euro for 2ml !!!) and this was a very good deal for it, usualy it's more expensive though.

the juice in the cute little dropshaped silver bottle is pure bliss! i expected something very different, not that smooth and innocent. don t get me wrong, the scent is strong and intense, not weak but soft and dreamy. kinda adictive.

it opens berry-juicy with delicious green apple accord and spices. oh how mutch i do love the anis accord in this!!! yumm
the scent grows very mutch on your skin, it feels sweet, warm and comfy. delicious intoxicating trails are coming up to my nose, mhhhhmmmm
the heart opens with a bold rose in full bloom, followed by sugar coted petals of powdery jasmin, creamy magnolia and at least a bite of ripe plum. on this stage i can really smell the different aromas, heavenly blendet to a very delightful creamy-sweet aroma.
downwards the base you can feel the mossy patchouli and deep woody oud slightly fading in the sweet cream of flowers and fruits, perfect rounded with vanilla-tonkabean and the most creamy sandalwood-musk ever!

i dabed only a few drops of this luxury juice on my wrists, and the sillage is yet amazing. staying power - as far - very promising.
i can imagine spraying myself over and over with this and i would feel like a goddess in paradise, sitting inbetween ripe fruits and berries and juices, smelling their intense aroma, inhaling a deep breath of woods and mosses to my nostrils, while delicate flowers are spriding intense trails of their pollen everywhere and the creamy odor of their petals hangs around in the air like clouds of sweet dreams.

this juice can't be oversprayed, it hasn't anything sharp or overbaring in it. it's just pure intense bliss for the senses.
can't get enough of it.

20ml €65.-- on strawberries.net 0_0 definitely not my price range but it would be worthy every cent for shure! maybe a gift for next valentines :P

redrose

I was in love with this fragrance only when I had a little sample.My husband bought it for me knowing how much I love them....and my love story ended with unpleasant feelings.Unfortunately using them I started to feel absolutely bland and nothing special. My love turned to dislike it. Im glad because that could be very expensive "love":)

Enchantia
Enchantia

A strong perfume with a lot of character. Good lasting power, I can smell it even after I tried to scrub it off my skin. Suitable for office wear. Smells like one other perfume I have tested before but I can't remember which one. Dry down is spicy-metallic. May not suit those prefer light/airy/aquatic perfumes.

JML LEE
JML LEE

i really like it BUT there are so many perfumes that smell very similer for half the price its a very nice perfume but not unique enough for what it costs if im gonna spend that much on a fragrance it has to be something very unique

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

This is such a wishy-washy, insipid perfume that I can't believe anyone would be gullible enough to part with so much money for a bottle of it! For such an overpriced perfume I would expect something special, not such a bland, dull kind of scent. The only relatively good thing about it is the bottle. On a scale of 1 to 5 Silver Rain would get a big fat 0 from me.

redrose

I think,this is the most elegant fragrance I ever smelled.I love perfumes generally and I love to experiment with them(I just dont like cheap and common fragrances).I was looking for something what I never tried before. I got a sample of Silver Rain and I took it home. I applied it on myself after shower and I just couldnt stop sniffing my skin. I was feeling absolutely special and glamours. My husband was really impressed and said he loves it too (surprise!he never comments what perfume im wearing).I do agree they are rather expensive but I hope Father Christmas will get one for me for Christmas:)))

guest_opaltygr
guest_opaltygr

I begged for this perfume as an anniversary gift, I love it! Got it in the lovely blue raindrop. Now it's the only one I'll wear for special evenings out with my beloved husband of 25 years. I have other "daily" scents but this puts my senses into that other worldly state of sensuality. Going to try Mariah Carey's Forever in a trial from a friend of mine.

alianeblue
alianeblue

Silver Rain is the best Oriental-Floral in my collection. It is my #1 choice for a romantic night out at Key Biscayne bay with my lovely husband who while enjoying a good wine, delicious hors devours and a breath taking view of Downtown Miami whispers to my ear how sexy I look tonight. Silver Rain is perfectly balanced with the finest ingredients. It is a sensual, provocative and passionate fragrance, which will sex you up. I know it is a bit pricey, but this scent will bring you confidence which makes it all worth it.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I think that this scent is absolutley divine and beautiful. I have a little decant of this scent and it's so extremely beautiful and lovley. It opens up as a really spicy and heady scent but the later it becomes much more sweet and fruity.
I think that this is an interesting and very complex perfume with very high qaulity.

alexandragreece
alexandragreece

its way too expensive! in general la prairie is a very expensive brand but i believe that that makes sense only for cosmetics and skin care lines (due to the ingredients of the creams etc.) what can i say? you just pay for the glamour of the brand in the case of la prairie's perfumes. surely its a high quality perfume, even though i think that there are plenty perfumes like this one in the market by chanel,dior and gucci...anyway,i wouldnt recommend it since its definetely a non-value purchase...

krishka
krishka

Absolutely hate it...it is too strong and cold, masculine like a male's fragrance...kicked me in the nose when i sniffed it...only tryed on paper though..don't want it on my skin for now....can try again when i'm in a mood but it is a no-no till then...

mudpach
mudpach

Yes, it's expensive here. Avon?! Is it a joke?!:)
Silver rain in my country is an exclusive parfume, hot, smookey scent. I like it!

Elitsa
Elitsa

I don' t find anything fruity in it - i smell only spicеs and flowers - on me is warm, sweet, oriental, but i don' t find something so special to defend the high price.

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

I was so excited when I found this fragrance at Neimen Marcus the other day. It did smell very wonderful in the store and on. Maybe I thought it should smell wonderful because of the hefty price tag...the sales clerk ended giving me a little sample to take home and try. I wore it the next day at work and it was just OK. I had others smell it, just OK and it smelled a little like something I already had although I just couldn't place it. Then in my drawer at work, I have a little mini of Dolce & Gabbana The One and for some reason, the smell is very similar. I may be off on this one, but that is what it seemed like to me. So long story, short..I don't think it's worth the money to buy a bottle and marianne is right, the bottle does not stand up very good.

PR
PR

Although I usualy find it dificult to name particular notes in perfumes, this one was definitely a plum from the very first or second sniff. And REAL SPICY one. Slightly too sweet, or perhaps plums so pronounced aren't for my taste at all.

Malegria
Malegria

Deliciously tempting!Sweet without overpowering,sexy without being vulgar,gourmand without reminding you straight of food.At first notes reminds me of an Angel`s base, but very quickly develops into something of it`s own character. I see why it`s called Silver rain - there is a certain freshness in the base notes that is watery fresh, like wet soil and the smell of wet garden foliage.It`s a bit pricey, but ....may be worth it.

randik
randik

Such a wonderful and unique perfume! I have yet to meet its match. Extremely long-lasting and fresh. It smells of genuine craftsmanship and quality.It is worth every penny!

Marianne
Marianne

It's a pity that this one is rather expensive! I love the fresh and fruity smell. The bottle can hardly stand on its own: minus

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

This is a divine and innocent smelling fragrance...sweet, light, but just as strong. It's got a little hint of powderiness which I'm not too fond of, but it's a great perfume otherwise. Reminds me of just-rained-on garden with fresh dewdrops. Don't know that I'll be able to afford this one any time soon, but it's on my most wanted list!

Silver Rain by La Prairie 3.60 out of 5 based on 461 ratings and 65 user reviews

Eau De Parfum 1oz
Silver Rain by La Prairie Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz for Women
La Prairie Silver Rain Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
La Prairie Silver Rain Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
La Prairie 'Silver Rain' Eau de Parfum Spray
La Prairie White Caviar Luxuries Set Cream 50ml Serum 5ml Eye Serum 3ml Cream 10 ml Silver Rain Eau De Parfum 2ml 5pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about La Prairie Silver Rain fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about La Prairie Silver Rain, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Silver Rain by La Prairie. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Silver Rain by La Prairie represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.