Designers » L » Oriental Floral « Groups

Rosamunda Laboratorio Olfattivo for women
dislike

oud
Rosamunda Laboratorio Olfattivo for women Pictures

Rosamunda is dedicated to rose, elegant in the sunlight and passionate when the night falls. Provocative and carnal like those rebel roses on the hair of the feminine characters of Gabriel Garçia Marquez but at the same time extremely fragrant and sumptuous, wrapped in a neoclassical brightness, like in the paintings by Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema.

A large quantity of Bulgarian and Turkish roses and long hours of distillation were necessary to get the aching soul of this creation, a fragrance whose seductive power is brought to fever pitch and its being classic is corrupted with an high percentage of patchouli. Around this heart beating for passion, illuminated by green lymph of rose, a scented scenario outlines: golden spices, ancient woods and animal notes. An impalpable landscape that appears unknown to the eyes and unexplored to the nose. Rosamunda is a rose that is worthy of adoration, a rose for which a celebratory altar was built, an altar covered by oud, the sovereign wood from which an essence with an immortal appeal as the one of the queen of the flowers is extracted. Rosamunda was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Marie Duchene.

Saffron Rose

Bulgarian Rose Turkish Rose Patchouli

Agarwood (Oud) Sandalwood Amber Musk Cedar

Roses Greedy
Rose Anonyme

Rosamunda Fragrance Reviews

chillisorbet
chillisorbet

To me it is more masculine, despite the name. Definitely some woody notes, a bit of sweetness and a hint of tobacco. Would love that on a man, not so much on myself.

hadassa
hadassa

At first I thought it is too similar to Lady Vengeance, but when I did a parallel comparative test, I learned that these perfumes, although sharing the same vibe, are not that similar after all.

Whereas Lady Vengeance (and Lady Vengeance Extreme for that matter) is a dense, sultry, velvety, sweet composition, very feminine and vanillic, Rosamunda leans towards the unisex, woody, dry direction.

Comparisons aside, Rosamunda is a great perfume and one of the definite winners among the abundance of spicy and musky roses scents. The composition is very balanced and harmonious, it can easily become "the one" for you if you want to buy only one perfume from the spicy-woody-musky-rose range.

It is warm and woody, featuring fresh roses with wine facets (not boozy, just dry like rosé wine). I like the oud note here, it isn't medicinal, but has a slight tar quality, which smells "industrial" in the best possible way. However, it's just me, I am sensitive to oud and usually feel it very clearly. My friend who sampled Rosamunda told me that she did not feel any oud at all, and the most prominent woody note for her was sandalwood.

The spice isn't overpowering either, it's very balanced, but still there (saffron).

Nice sillage and longevity, it is not overly strong, but still lasts good 6 hours on me.

Rose, saffron, and oud have become a popular combination of notes in the last couple of years. Lots of niche perfume houses have launched their version of what is without question a pleasing conjunction of notes. Laboratorio Olfattivo ROSAMUNDA is one of the more recent examples. Because ROSAMUNDA throws some patchouli into the mix, this composition lies at the intersection of the rose-saffron-oud and the rose-patchouli perfumes familiar to me, including Juliette Has A Gun VENGEANCE EXTREME, which may be the most extreme combination of rose and patchouli around. Well, it's certainly loud!

The first time that I applied ROSAMUNDA, I thought immediately of Bond no 9 NEW YORK OUD, which to my nose is more of a saffron-rose than an oud-rose. So I decided to do a side-by-side test and discovered that I prefer the Bond precisely because the oud is lower key and the rose is amped up. For that same reason, those who were disappointed with NEW YORK OUD may prefer ROSAMUNDA, as the oud is quite a bit more marked than either the rose or the saffron. I also detect a significant dose of ambroxan in this composition, which some people really dig (although I do not...).

These are all fine shades of difference, however. The rose-oud-saffron (plus or minus patchouli) perfumes abound, so choosing the best one has got to involve a skin test. ROSAMUNDA is not my favorite of either the trendy triad or the rose-patchouli perfumes currently available, but I'm sure that others may fall in love with it, depending on their idiosyncratic tastes.

Rosamunda by Laboratorio Olfattivo 4.39 out of 5 based on 20 ratings and 3 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Laboratorio Olfattivo Rosamunda fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Laboratorio Olfattivo Rosamunda, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rosamunda by Laboratorio Olfattivo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rosamunda by Laboratorio Olfattivo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Miller Harris L`Air de Rien Amouage Amouage Lyric Woman M. Micallef Mon Parfum Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle Serge Lutens Daim Blond Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin Diptyque Tam Dao Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain L`Artisan Parfumeur Traversee du Bosphore Serge Lutens Chergui Giorgio Armani Armani Privé Rose d'Arabie Diptyque Eau Duelle By Kilian Back to Black Laboratorio Olfattivo Daimiris Laboratorio Olfattivo Alkemi Laboratorio Olfattivo Alambar Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur Histoires de Parfums 1876 Juliette Has A Gun Lady Vengeance Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Pour Femme