Designers » L » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Challenge Re/Fresh Lacoste for men

Challenge Re/Fresh Lacoste for men
dislike

leather
Challenge Re/Fresh Lacoste for men Pictures Challenge Re/Fresh Lacoste for men Pictures Challenge Re/Fresh Lacoste for men Pictures

Birch Cardamom

Oregano Rosemary

Patchouli Tolu Balsam

Challenge Re/Fresh Fragrance Reviews

headofstate
headofstate

A nice reinterpretation of the citrus heavy original that suffered once the heart and base took hold on some wearers with an astringent, imbalanced overload of citrus and aromatics. . Lacoste took the criticism to heart and armed with a totally different pyramid but with the same philosophy of sporty, fresh and subtle, they came up with this rather tepid yet charming creation. Re/Fresh really is perfectly suitable for sport and casual spring/summer daytime affairs. Projection and sillage are soft under three sprays and as the prince elector below states rather astutely, this is subtle on purpose, it is designed for the active sportsman looking to cover up the stench of sweat, not for clubbing at the local downtown basement on a Saturday night. Oddly tangy for a scent lacking citrus or fruit, the oregano, soft birch and rosemary create a zesty, high-pitched aroma that smells a bit like a Sicilian kitchen with household garden spices but the birch wood really cuts the impact of the spices to a minimum and makes this an oddity in the top before the oregano really takes control after the first fifteen minutes of wear. The dry down adds a bit of a balsamic feel to the spices and birch wood but by this point the scent stays very close to the skin and takes some effort to pick up. On my skin the cardamom and patchouli are very much in the background and never really show themselves. Nice young men's fragrance for the athlete in spring/summer, subtle enough that it won't distract or get in the way and can be had for under $30 and no one should pay more than that; as longevity is average at 4-6 hours and sillage soft and subtle quickly after application. Great balance of oregano and rosemary with some soft birch wood, enjoyable wear, on the cheap a nice fragrance to add to the wardrobe for some variety in spring/summer.

Kurfuersten
Kurfuersten

Great fragrance for high intensity sport but pass if you are seeking anything else, this strictly excels as a gym and cardio fragrance for spring and moderately warm summer days and mornings. For an aromatic spicy this is somewhat interesting, taking standard kitchen spice rack ingredients and blending them with the birch to create a rather uplifting and pleasant soapy scent with a touch of herbs that will catch you off guard upon initial spray, it smells like there might be citrus but it's the birch and rosemary in tandem creating that perception. This isn't as spicy as you would expect from the notes; the cardamom is soft and gentle and the oregano is blended nicely so that you catch it briefly but it melds deeply into the rosemary, birch and balsam here and altogether is very light to the point of simulating the effect of floral dominance.
This one can be had for rather cheap prices online, $20-$25 for a 2.5 oz. but if you are the type that demands a sillage monster or a high quality performing cologne you should pass on this one. If you are a guy who does a lot of sport, especially tennis or running, and are looking for something that isn't intrusive but does a great job of holding off stench without smelling like cologne guy, this one is a very solid gym fragrance. Longevity is somewhat spotty on this, with two solid sprays I get between 5-9 hours. Sillage is moderate the first hour or two before becoming soft but this will suit the athlete fine who needs to focus on other things and doesn't want their fragrance to be a distraction. Not a bad release, very organic and professionally blended.
Scent: 3.5
Longevity: 3.5
Sillage: 2.0
Versatility: 3.25
Uniqueness: 3.5
Overall: 3.20 (Above-average to good)

msultan
msultan

I liked it, not that bad. But the smell disappears in short time.

Ivan Reis
Ivan Reis

It smells like pineapple to me. I love it.

diego.rzse
diego.rzse

It smells like one of those generic Axe deodorants.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A close to the skin dual dimensional frag, which is a little tangy and little harsh..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 1 hours - 4.5 inch projection. This is nothing really like the standard La Coste Challenge version, instead this is more harsh and bitter and spicy and has more in common with LaCoste Essential. Not very nice IMHO

2 - 3.5 hours. 3 inch projection The tanginess which is so clear in the standard La Coste Challenge version comes in to compete with the above harshness.

3.5 hours - 5 hours - 1 inch projection

5 - 7 hours - Close to the skin

This is nowhere near as good as La Coste Challenge Standard with the black sleeve, which is soooooo tangy and youthful, projects much, much better and is less than half of the cost of this Re/Fresh version, so why buy this?

ptv
ptv

I fell in love with this frag. at the first sniff. It reminded me of my old good Puma 2002 really strong. I was almost ready to buy it but suddenly (while testing it for the last time on skin) i've got enough. It became boring and i decided that buying it would be too hasty.
Hovewer fragrance was really strong and nice.
Sillage also strong.

cable311
cable311

I have been wearing this for the past three days and what a disappointment. I can't even tell I am wearing a fragrance. I have to admit I fell for the idea of a time release fragrance. I also like essential so I thought If Lacoste was doing something spicy instead of their typical sporty scent this could be interesting.

Refresh is basically one big mess. It is almost like it doesn't know what it wants to be. It opens like fabric softener. After 30 minutes it tones down and reminds me of a generic Essential. The dry down gets warmer and let's the spice come out, but a very muted spice.

Refresh does seem to alternate between the generic sporty scent and spicy note in the drydown, but it also could be that both scents are present and the spice is revealed as the fabric softener smell fades. Either way it doesn't matter because refresh is so muted that I can't tell I am wearing it unless I sniff my wrist.

I try not to wear a lot of cologne. Usually one or two sprays. I love it when a scent slowly fades and subtly reminds you of it's prescents throughout the day. I hate having to use half a bottle in order to smell my fragrance. It makes me feel like a big cloud hovering over everyone around me.

antonpan
antonpan

This one to my mind is done more in Hugo Boss tradition than in Lacoste style. Refhesh is absolutely different from lemony bomb Challenge. The new fragrance is really spicy, but spicy in the rather common and watered down "hugobossy" way: I smell a mix of cardamom, oregano and rosemary. Nothing sweet here as well nothing really sporty. Challenge Refresh is manlier and more mature than Challenge but simultaneously it is more traditional and... boring? The sillage and longevity are average.

Cardamom, Oregano, And Rosemary?! Somebody is cooking?! I spotted this awhile ago but was unable to purchase it in USA. Anyway, I'd love to hear from anyone who have tried it. I bet this one is totally different from the Original Challenge, so shall I name/call it Lacoste Challenge Re/Make!? :)

Challenge Re/Fresh by Lacoste 3.37 out of 5 based on 61 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lacoste Challenge Re/Fresh fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lacoste Challenge Re/Fresh, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Challenge Re/Fresh by Lacoste. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Challenge Re/Fresh by Lacoste represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.